Savareen

Exodus

The arrival of Swift Justice over Savareen was rather uneventful compared to its arrival and departure from Kessel. The planet looked dirty from space, and that was about as far into Tros’ own imagination that he would allow for himself to go. He stood behind Vulios as his own buy’ce sat upon the floor. Bex sat within the comm officer’s chair staring rather blankly between Tros and the planet. There was a very distinct awkward silence that hung within the air of the cockpit, which was broken by Vulios. “You’d be more comfortable sitting in the co-pilots chair… or the pilots chair- it is your ship after all al’verde.”

The very words made Bex go from looking at Tros to the planet with the intent of trying to keep his focus there. He let out a breath he was unaware he was holding in, which forced him to speak. Our ship vod. We’re a crew now, much like we’re going to get paid together. Just take us in to the coordinates given to us by the Zann Consortium.” Tros then picked up his buy’ce and walked out of the cockpit and into the main hold. He quickly found Vrax who was simply standing in the middle of the hold waiting for him. He didn’t have his buy’ce on, and his face made it clear he was waiting to talk to him, so Tros gave a simple nod to give him the okay to talk. 

“Dimaal wants to cargo loaded in a different spot from where we get paid…” Vrax’s eyes were cold and locked in to his commander. His voice was also very stern, yet Tros knew better, he was worried. “I know Vrax. He altered the exchange details. The Zann Consortium has been known for not paying out contracts in order to keep credits themselves. It’s why I’m altering how many are supposed to collect the credits.” Vrax nodded his head and put his buy’ce and looked over to Monilar. “Will he join us then?” “No, he will.” Tros lifted his finger and pointed towards Canderous. “Get him prepared.”

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

• 1 month later...

Tros simply nodded his head towards Canderous and began to walk himself off the ship. He was ready to get this all over with. The amount of fuss that took place from the beginning made it difficult for him to feel motivated to work and deal with The Zann Consortium. He would deal with everything that Dimaal was doing at the time that it needed to be dealt with. Stepping off the landing ramp, he was hit by wind from the sea and the smell of sand and salt filled his nostrils. He stood at the bottom of the ramp and looked around. He waited for about thirteen seconds before Vrax and Canderous both made it to the bottom of the ramp with him. 

"Dimaal wants cargo loaded there, and us the get paid there... Which means he already has people in position to do a cleanup sweep when he goes to claim everything. What are your thoughts?" He knew that Vrax would't waste time, and of course was the very next voice he heard. "Monilar will be able to hold the cargo with Bex. Although now that I said that out loud, I have a strong feeling you don't really want to hold onto the cargo. So have Bex stay here and keep the ship ready for take off?" "Monilar can take the cargo himself as we finish up business with Dimaal. The goal will be to identify who is second in command and keep them alive when Dimaal turns on us. Any input Canderous?"

• 2 months later...

Tros suddenly looked towards the sky upon the loud thundering sound of an explosion. His eyes caught a glimpse of what looked like a chunk of metal falling towards the ground not far off from where the crew were currently at. Vrax immediately looked at Tros with some hesitation. “Dimaal’s doing?” Behind his buy’ce, he narrowed his eyes. “I doubt it. But it could mean trouble regardless…” He quickly scanned the surrounding area to see what was present and to think through what was happening. If it was going to be a trap, this could complicate things. “Better get everyone up there. I’ll scout out the clunk that fell. If Dimaal is up to something, we better keep as many advantages as we can. Go make the deal. I’ll give support if that turns out to be nothing.”

Tros didn’t wait for a response, as he knew that Vrax would give none anyways. So instead readied himself to move out quickly towards the crash. Deep down, there was something in the back of his mind that told him something was up. Whatever was going on, he needed to be prepared. Even as he walked away, he was checking on his DE-10’s to make sure that they were ready for whatever might be found over the small hill. Upon reaching the top, he looked out and observed the wreckage through the scanner within his buy’ce. There didn’t seem to be any sign of hostility, and his scans were showing no signs of life. Linking up his comm to Vrax - “Vrax, it could be nothing. No signs of life. I’m going to go in close to check it out…” There was a sound that began to fill the air. Almost like another ship approaching. When he looked up, he couldn’t see anything. “Keep your eyes peeled. I’ll keep this frequency open until I’m done scouting.” 

Tros began to pick up the pace. He wanted to check it out quickly and get back. If Dimaal was trying to pull something over them, he would want to be present to help his small crew in the fight. As he got closer he could make out that it was a ship of somesort. Wrecked and burned up. His buy’ce began to pick up a very weak distress signal. “It’s a ship Vrax. Badly damaged and emitting a very weak distress signal. Still no signs of life. I’m going to see if there is anything worth purging then I’ll head your way.” There was a quick click followed by the sound of rapid breathing. “Hurry- Dimaal is playing us for sure. Looks like a second crew of some sort. I have no doubt a firefight is going to break out soon.” Under his breath, he let out a curse as his pace went into a flat out run towards the downed ship. Making almost a slide towards the ship, he pried the door open and began to walk through. Smoke and debris made the entry almost hard. 

There was little on the ship that seemed to be worthy of purging at first glance, some weapons here and there and a few power sources caught his eye, but nothing worth him lingering over. Then he spotted something… It was small and faint, but his buy’ce picked it up rather quickly. A suit… or maybe armor of some kind that looked much more complicated than anything he had seen before. Almost after taking three steps towards it, his comlink went frantic. “Ardell! Vrax and Bex are down, Dimaal is down. They have the rest of us pinned. Please adv-” The link went dead. Chaavla! He had a feeling that Dimaal would be the downfall of this short lived crew. He was already down Vrax, Bex and Vulios. Who knew who else was still alive or would be by the time he got out of there. He needed to do something and fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Tros felt slightly off, almost torn between two objectives. To race out and help and to stay and find a better solution to the mess that was currently being created outside with his fellow vod. But the fact that the ship… it felt alive somehow, almost trying to get his attention. Lights flickered for a moment, but seemed to fade itself into a guiding light of sorts, pointing him on towards what looked like armor. It was then that the armor itself seemed to blink on and off, a code. Tros was used to seeing such codes when he would scan and hack messages over the Holonet. He didn’t catch all of it, or if he did, he didn’t understand it. 

Remove foreign object? What the hell does that even mean? Leaning in, he began to fumble around the armor to see if there was something that maybe he was missing or just simply couldn’t see. It looked like basic armor that was connect to a device of some sort. Letting his hand move around, which was slightly difficult with the body that still occupied the armor and the blood that seemed to be oozing everywhere from the body, he did manage to feel something that felt off. Could this be it? It feels jammed or locked in…Starting to pull heavily upon what he had grasped with his hand, he wondered how stupid he looked if someone else was simply watching and waiting to kill him at the most opportune moment. 

After a few hard pulls and removing a small part of the armor to get a better angle, he was finally able to remove a device. He tried to look at it, but it was still covered in the oozing blood and didn’t look like something he had seen before. He then heard a sound that sounded like it was still far off in the distances, but wanted to confirm. “Anyone on Swift Justice, report… Again, report…” 

• 2 weeks later...

Tros turned his gaze back towards the armor as the commlink was silent. It seemed to be moving on its own, but then distinct words came out, making the request for Tros to put on the armor. The very fact that there was radio silence made the sense of urgency even more heightened without the armor speaking. He made the decision quick, he would do as it asked. 

Being far from careful, he began to remove the body that was currently residing within the armor and was just as quick and careless in putting it on in a hurry. He would worry about his personal effects later, for the moment, survival was far more important. The smell within the armor was rather disgusting, the body of the wookiee did not make things easy. He felt a slight twinge of guilt at removing his own beskar’gam, but much to his own thoughts, he could easily get it back later. Upon taking it all off, he quickly hide it within the ship and then moved rapidly to get himself into the armor the must have held an A.I. of some sorts to be able to speak and communicate to him. 

Parts of fur from the wookiee remained, as did some blood, but being a veteran of war and a bounty hunter himself, such things were nothing more than a small inconvenience to him. As he finished putting in on, the weight of the armor felt so much more than what he was used to, but he would find a way to manage. Maybe the AI would allow for him to use it without the drag of the weight upon it fully activating…

• 2 weeks later...

This hissing sound of the suit sealing itself made his own heart spike, in nothing else but sheer fear of not being able to get out. It calmed down upon seeing his own heart rate on the HUD before him. The smell suddenly quickly became the least of his worries as the AI spoke, giving slight reassurances and even picking up a threat, to which he could now see on the HUD. He tried to see if he could study the movements, but soon had what felt like shocks in his upper calves, which was once again followed by the sound of the AI's voice within his head. For some reason, he tried to turn his head to find the voice, but did so in vain. Realizing that he needed to act, he bent down and picked up both of his DE-10 blaster pistols and began to move towards the exit of the crashed ship and slightly towards a far better tactical location to take on the oncoming hostiles. 

On his way towards the exit, a single figure appeared within the opening, weapon drawn in a scouting mode. Most likely trying to make sure that everyone else could enter. Upon the HUD, he could see that there was at least one other on the outside waiting for a single to enter as well. He was fast to analyze that taking the one on now would result in a tighter fire fight that could have him ending up like the Wookiee. With the split decision, he moved to hide behind a fallen panel and readied one of his blasters. Luckily for him, the HUD still showed the position of the hostiles entering, which was now both of them entered the main opening that was his way out. Now, he would have to wait for them to come to him. 

It didn’t take too long, as one of the hostiles approached and Tros already knew what his move was. He made a quick lung at them to turn the hostile around and use them as a shield to shoot at take the other out. But for some reason, he didn’t compensate fully for the new weight of the armor, so instead of doing what he thought he would, he ended up failing around with the one towards the ground. Upon both hitting the ground, Tros decided that he still needed to shoot the other one, and lifted a blaster to shoot, only to have him miss by a good five meters. Shit. It now turned into a full out trigger-happy situation and all Tros could do was keep the blaster going until the other fell to the ground from getting hit. 

The other kept trying to elbow him to release the somewhat tight grasp he held over his neck/shoulder. It made his accuracy much worse, but now that he took one down, he needed to deal with the one he was holding. With the way the armor felt, he didn’t think he would be able to get his blaster turned around in time to shoot him accurately, at least not without hurting himself. So, he used the butt end of the blaster to slam it over and over again into the hostile’s head until the life signs stop showing on the HUD. Pushing the body off of himself, he knew that the blaster fire would have drawn attention to himself, so he needed to get up and moving now, but it was a slow process as he still wasn’t able to get a feel for how the armor would react and move with him in it. Saying his thoughts out loud, he hoped that the AI would respond to him. “Isn’t there something you could do to help me move better?”

• 2 weeks later...

Great, I’ll just have to get use to this thing for the moment. The thought of having to adjust wasn’t something Tros wanted to deal with, but circumstances didn’t really give him that option. In fact, life seemed to be handing him nothing but more complications with the comm that came through. Shit- the single word that explained the day so far and how he felt about this new voice he’s never heard of before on the comm system. Quickly, he began to move more rapidly towards the exit even as the AI spoke letting him know that it also favored an escape at this point. Although his movements felt like he was better off running through mud, he did his best to push through. 

As he moved, the AI threw up the tactical readout of the armor, which included repeating blasters built into the armor. Why the hell am I using these then. He quickly tucked them into the armor in a way that he would be able to keep them, as for some reason he felt fond of the new blasters. As he moved, he saw from the HUD that there was indeed movement incoming, yet life signs near his own vessel seemed to be… empty. Letting out a quick sigh that most likely his own team was wiped out, he decided that pursuit of his ship would be the best means of escape by this point. 

As he moved in the general direction, the armor resisted, or rather felt like it was resisting the entire time, but slowly, whether through his own body getting used to it, or that the system as able to pick up exactly what Tros wanted and needed, movement began to seemed to get slightly better. As he got himself into a position over a hill that allowed for him to see his own ship, Swift Justice, he could see two figures both with his eyes and on the HUD coming in at a ninety-degree angle. They could now clearly see him and were beginning to make an attempt to cut him. Let’s test the weapon systems… Lifting his left arm to have the repeating blaster fire, he was truly struggling to get it firing as he ran towards the ship. It was beginning to fluster him, and he said out loud – “Help!” And he couldn’t tell if the words were enough for the AI to help, or if he finally figured it out, but he almost fell backwards upon the weapon springing to life, blasting off many shoots in the direction of the two hostiles trying to cut his approach off.