The Hapes Cluster

Tarrian Skywalker

Ki lay there, only her laboured breathing, her eyes a sign that she still lived. She didn't have the energy to respond, didn't even try to speak. That was too much effort for the weakened girl. She would have laughed at the restraints that held her in place if she'd had the energy. She couldn't even lift her fingers, her eyelids were the only things she had managed to move.

Her body was no longer in pain, that was one thing on the plus side. How long she had lain there Ki had no idea. Aisling's words only brought an internal, silent response, the girl unable to even speak. One guard had laughed at her, "blink once if you heard me" Has he? How? I can't move yet I am still tied down... they make fun of me... what have they done to me? Ki was positive the guards had done something else to her while she had been unconscious. She heard one of the guards snort, quietly saying to his fellow guard about how he'd poked her hard with his blaster and she hadn't been able to even flinch, not even with the bruise it caused her. If they'd done that, what else had they done? She'd heard their comments, their intents to use her 'female body'. The first thing she would do when her energy returned would be purge herself of any foreign seed as the doc had told her how to... just to be on the safe side.

She wanted to withdraw again, escape the reality. It was only for the fact that Aisling had asked her to be here... asked her to return, that she did remain. Again she swallowed her pride, deep inside of herself where no one could hear her she had promised herself that it was only for a while, only until she knew what she needed to know.

Phillip? Can you help? Why can't I move? What did they do to me? Is it because I lost too much blood? Or did they do something else besides their blasters jabbing me? I... I want to learn. I... I'll behave...

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

"Very well."

The dagger was pulled out, Phillep slicing open his hand, allowing the blood droplets to fall between Ki's lips.

"Drink... and allow them to heal you."

Turning to the doctor, "Prepare a blood transfusion, just in case."

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

It was an effort to swallow, Ki having to fight her body just to do that. It had taken so much effort just to open her eyes before. She could feel her mouth filling with the fluids and even though it still disgusted her she made herself swallow. She had to. As the fluids trickled down her throat, it became slightly easier to swallow, though she still couldn't move her body. Instinct took over as the need to drink the life giving crimson liquid and Ki found herself swallowing more and more of it...

KiVastor.jpg

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

"Good, she's drinking. She should be fine relatively soon, the immunities should be increasing and fixing the muscle fibers."

Letting his hand fall in-between his lips, he figured her body would begin to suck the blood out of his body... he'd feed later.

phillep.jpg

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

Ki felt his hand between her lips now, the instinct to drink controlling her so that she wasn't aware of what she was doing, her mouth closing around his finger, sucking as if through a straw. Her thoughts all the while had turned to how he made her drink, the fact remaining that she'd actually been lucky in one respect. It was one thing that Ki could be proud of actually. While she had been drained totally by wounds inflicted by him, she had never been drained by him. His fangs had never closed around her flesh, had never taken from her as he had from others including Aisling.

Ever so slowly her fingers began to twitch. Her neck could tilt slightly to close around his fingers more. The blood was working through her body, giving her strength where she had none...

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Macleod knew what was missing. He was not using the dark side. He was treating this as if it was an Imperial mission. Macleod was thinking rational, trying to use Force techniques to move the rock. A Sith was supposed to use their emotions to guide their tactics, as he understood it. Especially dark emotions. That was the source of their power. He could not use methods he had learned over the years. Those tactics were ones employed by those with no Force training. He was a Sith now. The Imperial called up past memories, and infused the rock with Force power again.

Still not good enough.

He had felt the rage, but it had not been near enough. For a moment, he panicked. Perhaps he merely did not possess the Force strength to advance any farther.

I may not be capable of the anger needed to become a Sith.

Deep down he knew this was almost wishful thinking to avoid facing his past. There was one memory he had refused to even think about. Macleod feared this memory more than anything else. Only death did he fear more. This memory was partially what had driven him to his point and he knew it. The fear the event had inspired influenced all of his actions since that fateful day. The Sith apprentice tried again, pushing the thought from his mind. The rock wasn't budging.

It isn't working because you refuse to face your reasons for seeking this training. Your real reasons.

Macleod did not know where the thought came from, but he knew it to be true. Macleod thought back to when he was in the prime of his service. He had been assigned to a mission on Coruscant. He was to deliver spice to the Hutts. Macleod had been ordered to inspect the shipment. While he was conducting his inspection, a flying trap had wrapped around his body and pulled him from the protection of the storm troopers. Macleod had been violently and abruptly abducted before he could even move. A revolting Gand kept him prisoner for several months, holding him for ransom. It had been a painful time for him, barely being kept conscious for most of the ordeal. This alien had taken away all hope of survival. Macleod had been ready to beg for his life. He was not a pompous fool like most Imperials. But he still had pride in his status as an officer. It had been shattered that day.

I haven't quite been the same since. I need this to make myself whole again. That is why I have bonded myself to Phillep. Being a servant of that vile man is better than having these memories haunt me. It is a living death.

Macleod knew he could never get vengeance on the Gand. But he could take out his seething rage on others. Starting with this ugly rock. Macleod drew his sword and pointed at the piece of debris. He remembered the pain and humiliation. The rock moved immediately, pieces coming off as Macleod's anger crushed it. Enough of the rock survived to pound through the pillars on the far side. The air was crackling with Macleod's pent up energy. The rock blew up into a thousand tiny pieces once the task was complete. Macleod did not wish to be finished yet. He wished blood to be on the end of this sword. He wished Ki were here. He would remove her from this world with no hesitation now. But the exertion had been greater than any he had made before. Macleod suddenly found himself flat on his face again. All energy had left him in that moment. He moved to a sitting position his head spinning as his senses returned.

Where did that come from?

The hate he had felt shocked him. Macleod did not think he could do something like that again, even if the cursed Gand was sitting right in front of him. Or perhaps he was merely hoping he couldn't.

Is this how Phillep started his path? Is this how he became what he is? Am I going to turn into him?

The release he had felt had been terrifying and exhilirating at the same time. Macleod's face was pale with the thought that he had enjoyed feeling the hate course through him.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"I will fight these Rebels face to face and I'll break them with my bare hands."

A background thought made Phillep smile, even as Ki sucked away at his crimson, he's done it, good.

Then, echoing in the skies about Macleod, "Good Colonel, now, bring the pieces back together, crush them into one boulder again."

Moving towards Ki, he spoke aloud to her, "Can you sit up?"

phillep.jpg

Ki attempted to sit up, just as he asked her to but found she couldn't yet control her muscles enough to do so. To show how much she was now willing to co-operate, she again attempted it, forcing herself to push up from the bed, showing her determination to manage that usually simple task that was now such an effort to perform. He had to support her back to bring her forward, to stop her from falling back against the pillows again. She'd lost so much blood, so much energy. Ki coughed from the effort it took just to sit, the perspiration breaking out on her forehead once more. Her arms could move slightly now, though were still very limp and weak.

"Trying... *pant, cough* weak..."

Her voice was barely a whisper, almost a sob but her vocal cords were at least working again now. The coughing that racked her body left her shaking. As he offered her his hand again, she resumed drinking, knowing that only that would give her the strength she needed to be able to move freely. This did scare her, that she could be reduced to so weak a being from losing so much of her blood... She was determined to be fit enough to learn about the force... she needed to learn it... it was now her body that let her down. Her eyes met with Aisling's, hoping she wouldn't go into her jealous mode again because Phillip was giving her a dose of his blood, didn't know how her cousin would react anymore because of the implants...

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

OOC: Real-active training fun-time!

IC:

Helping Ki sit up, Phillep smiled, as if receiving more news. Whatever worked within the dark catacombs of his mind, it was most splendid the machinations of the present Sith Overlord... and the clear advantage the subjugation of the Chiss homeworld offered, well, it like all things, brought a smile to his cold heart.

When she had managed to sit up, Phillep began to lift her, without warning, seeing the extent of damage her body had sustained, curious more than anything, why her healing process was taking so long... "Aisling, I am going to take both my guest and Ki to a new and more fitting training ground for their force specialities, I will return to Hapes soon, however, I ask that you keep track of all things here and most importantly, rest, you should be giving birth soon and when I come back, I'll be bringing back with me another guest, a Doctor."

He gave her close to a genuine smile, but with Phillep's eyes no one could ever tell the difference, hoisting Ki he pulled her and somewhat dragged her to an Imperial shuttle bound for Carida.

"Colonel, forget the boulder, I have something a bit more pressing, the conquest of a tiny fledgling Empire known as the Chiss. I'd like my Apprentice to assist me."

Ki was placed in sufficient medical facilities to at least stand and walk by the time they arrived...

phillep.jpg

Ki was very surprised when she was lifted into his arms, her strength still not what it should have been. She had now drunk her fill so why wasn't her body responding? Her body had healed, but she still was weak. She remembered when she first found out about the healing thing. She and Aisling had been on Vjun, she had cut herself, seeing the wounds almost instantly close over. Other wounds had closed over quickly too. Was it because she had lost so much of her blood? The blood that had been tainted with the injections the girls had been given?

She heard him telling Aisling something about taking them somewhere else, some training ground. She was curious, a little fearful deep inside that she wouldn't see Aisling again, or see her child. Her eyes met with her cousin's as if to say goodbye, though not game to say the words. She wanted to see her cousin again... didn't know where she was being taken. Deep inside she wanted to rebel, impossible as it would be because of her weak state. As he carried her past Aisling's rooms on the way to the shuttle, she overheard more of the gossip. Ki was still wondering why the servants had been so interested in her tattoo. Thinking on it, she recalled that part of Aisling's and her's was the same. She'd never thought much on it before, being that she'd not had anything to do with the Royal family for so long. One of them said something about the father's parentage lines within the Tattoo's.

Taking her mind off it Ki heard Phillip say to his Colonel about his next conquest... and refer to him as his Apprentice. So that's what he considers him... but what does he consider me? This time her thoughts weren't buried. Originally he'd said something about Disciple's ... he'd asked Aisling to be one. He'd mentioned it initially but not since so she didn't know what she was except for his prisoner, and with the collar, his slave, much as she hated that thought. Before he left her in the medical bay, she felt compelled to ask, though still very subdued,

"Why can't I move properly? Where are you taking me... ?"

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Aisling smiled to Phillep... she only saw his smile... her mind didn't process anything other then his "love"... "don't worry phillep, I know how to run the throne... all will be fine... I am sure that there is enough time till the child makes her appearance... you just make Ki stronger and train her to defend the people against our enemies..."

She touched her cousin's arm as she left... "don't worry Ki... when you return, you will be more yourself... " With them gone now, Aisling made her way back to her rooms and laid down... her servants came in and helped her change... leaving word with the servants, she asked to be woken up in the morning to handle the daily schedule for the first time in a long time... smiling to their queen, they moved out of the room and chatted among themselves about the new strength that Aisling was showing...

Aisling.jpg

Macleod nodded, and joined Phillep, relieved that he would not have to try to rebuild that boulder. It had taken much of his strength to tear it apart. His nanites replenished his energy, but creating was a more difficult task than destroying.

Not that it matters. I'm sure this is going to much more challenging anyway, knowing Phillep.

Macleod vaguely remembered hearing about the Chiss. But he knew very little about them. If Phillep had a conquest planned, though, that was a bit reassuring. Macleod knew how to conquer, he was an Imperial officer. He was sure his role would be different as Sith Apprentice than as Colonel, but Macleod was still confident. He actually allowed himself to hope this might be entertaining.

Watch yourself. Don't get too comfortable with the idea of being Phillep's Apprentice lest you become one of his dogs.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"I will fight these Rebels face to face and I'll break them with my bare hands."

"Ki, we're going to strike at the Chiss homeworld, an ice-ball known as Csilla. Both of my apprentices will be coming along, he will be leading raids and you will be gaining a vital lesson in deception, your chief skill."

Phillep's eyes set on Macleod, "Ready to move out, Colonel? Csilla is our destination, you feel up to taking out Chiss soldiers?"

Moving towards the pilot, "Plot a course for Carida, we'll meet up with Lt. Goeth and our Sith ally, as well as the subjugation fleet."

phillep.jpg

Ki gave abit of thought to it. So she was to basically do what she knew best anyway? She just hoped that she would still be taught formally about how to use the force. She'd only picked things up basically on instinct, only knew how to grab at someone's throat to choke them, to push or pull, call something to her. That was it. Would she just have to rely on her old skills that had nothing to do with the Force? Both his apprentices? Did that then mean she was to be refered as one too? It seemed that way. She only hoped that her strength had returned by then.

"Umm, Phillip. I hope you don't expect me to go in there like this then."

She had no weapons on her, not even decent attire for fighting. She had on only a pair of light pants and shirt, both of the royal colours of Hapes.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

"There's a heavy cloak, it will be all you will really need. The Force will be both your weapon and your defense. Stealth will be your ally, but stealth aided by the Force is the lesson you will learn."

Moving towards the Pilot again, "You have your orders, we will rendezvous with the Dark Alliance, Deception, Lady Deathstrike and the Hellgate flagship, as well as several Insurrection contingents. Once Colonel Macleod reports in, we move out."

((Sam, when you post, go ahead and take us into space.))

phillep.jpg

Where in the galaxy is Carida?

Macleod assumed Phillep was referring to Cardia. Their leader had a habit of mispronouncing planet names. Macleod concentrated on Phillep's words. He was still excited at the prospect of going into battle. Finally something he understood. But he was not pleased Ki would be going with them. Macleod found that he had developed a strong hatred of the woman. It wasn't anything about her that he specifically disliked. Macleod suspected it was only because his awareness to the dark side had begun to open while he had battled with her. He had been in a life and death struggle with the woman after all. Nevertheless, an unreasonable amount of fury was stirred within him, even at the mention of her name.

"I am ready."

Macleod took the pilots seat personally. It would distract him from these Force enhanced emotions. The Imperial Colonel took the ship into hyperspace.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The shuttle containing Ki arrived back at the Hapes Cluster. Ki departed it, her robes sweeping around her as she moved through the Palace, back to her rooms. She was home. For a while at least, she wouldn't have to worry about looking over her shoulder. She now knew of ways to manipulate the guards here so they wouldn't bother her. She'd manipuate them, make them do what she wanted from here on. No more raping and pilliaging around the Palace. She would see to that and 'practice' her skills.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Aisling awoke suddenly... a feeling of a presence nearby... the child grew stronger with each passing day, and as she did, so did Aisling's abilities... she sat up and smiled... "Ki has returned..." she thought to herself...

She got up and dressed quickly letting her aide's brush out her long dark mane... and waited for Ki to come to her.

Aisling.jpg

Ki felt the first genuine smile she'd had in so long cross her face, the moment she felt Aisling. She had been heading in her direction, making the guards bow to her rather than being disrespectful as they had been before. She was getting better at these mind manipulations. To begin with, she even made it obvious what she was doing, the sinister smile appearing on her face as she verbally told them that they had better show respect to the Royal Family. When they had sneered at her, she had made sure they felt what she was doing as she 'crawled' into their minds and made them bow. The shock on their faces was priceless as they realised she had powers like Phillep's. Ki had had such a rush at that small victory that she was feeling good as she walked into Aisling's suite.

"Good morning my Queen... How have you been feeling?"

She swept into a curtsy. Since she had been so much in Phillep's company, under his influence while at Csilla, and how he hadn't made any inappropriate moves towards her, Ki had felt the anger she'd held towards her cousin diminish. Her cousin didn't have any choice in how she reacted because of Phillep's manipulations. Ki did want to be with her cousin for the birth of the child.

With Ki having opened her mind to other's now, and how she kept looking around for any threats now, Ki was soon puzzled by the thoughts of one of Aisling's close servants. They're looking more and more like sisters the older Aisling gets... Take note of that Ki... she knows something that neither of you do... What? Ki hadn't heard the 'voice' since she told it to shut up back on Csilla. That it now chose to comment after an overheard comment within a servants mind had to make Ki wonder. There had been all those rumours about her tattoo before she'd left... what was going on here?

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Aisling felt her cousin's approach and opened the door for her with the force... she smiled at Ki as she entered, and stood up... she was very heavy with child, but still seemed to radiate strength and power... Aisling had learned to control the force that was growing within her... using it to strengthen herself and master the basics of the darkside...

Moving to her cousin... she embraced her... "So tell me Ki... has Phillep done as he promised... has he made you stronger... has he taught you new ways to protect Hapes???? "

She missed Phillep, but knew that he would return in time for the birth of his daughter...

Aisling.jpg

”œPhillep has been teaching me”¦ the art of mind manipulations mostly and stealth. He was called away before he could continue with the training. I don't know what he was going to do next”¦ something with the body but what I don't know.”

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Aisling felt wonderful... "I am well, and the child will be here soon... so of course I am big... it will not be to long now... I have been using the abilities that Phillep showed me I had, and mastering them... following his instructions... it was difficult to hear the voices... and realize where they were coming from... but once I figured out that it was the voices of those around me... and that it was their thoughts... it became easier to master it and decipher who was who... I have managed to weed out many of those that oppose the Royal family... and have rid us of their vial presense... Just as Phillep would like".

she could hear Phillep's voice in her head... speaking to her.. instructing her... and telling her words of love and devotion... (whether he was or not... that is what he mind heard)

Aisling turned to the servants... "Please bring us something to eat and drink... " as they left, Aisling closed the door with a wave of her hand and sat down... "So tell me... how was the planet you visited?"

Aisling.jpg

"Csilla was cold. That is the only thing that sums it up. The people all had pale blue skin of various shades and red eyes. I... used the skills he taught me to capture one of their Noble Houses, also I know how Phillep has been able to open any door in this palace. He showed me how. I've been practicing. I also know how to make people think something that they normally wouldn't. To use images and thoughts to make them do things. It's harder if they are strong willed, but where there is a will there is a way..."

Ki sat down at the table next to Aisling, her hand hesitating, wanting to reach out and touch the child she could see kicking at her mother...

"... Can I?"

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Aisling looked at her cousin... she saw a new confidence there that had been lacking when she left... "Of course you can... she is your cousin too... she grows stronger with every day that goes by... "

As the food was brought in, Aisling waited till the servants once again left the room... "Seems the Phillep has shown you quite a bit that will benefit you and Hapes... I can not wait for him to return... but in the mean time, you and I can spend some time together... Eat now... then we can walk a bit... "

Picking up a fork, Aisling took her own advice and started eating...

Aisling.jpg

Ki had a bemused smile on her face as her hand now was ”˜kicked' as it rested on her Cousin's abdomen. It felt strange to Ki. She'd never had anything to do with children before, not for as far back as she could remember, specially not on the streets. She was curious now, with regards to her cousin's pregnancy.

”œMy dear Cousin”¦ What's it like? Carrying a child that is”¦?”

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

He landed in the Cluster, apart from the Fleet, having made his show and departure rather sudden... it was obvious that his responsibilities were leaning more and more towards the personal level, than that of the vast Sith Empire. It was different, however, for he was no longer the Tactician, the Despot and the Military... now he was a Sith Lord, amongsts Masters, with shifting responsibilities. The likes of which he enjoyed more... to teach others to harness the very darkness and cruelty in their hearts... odd that he had lived as long as he had, at the forefront of a bridge, assaulting from afar... and now he had a chance to finally move into the arena which he desired. To touch the Darkside in all things, with his very cold, calculating and precise fingertips.

"And so I wait..."

His presence silenced amidst the hustle and bustle of the Cluster, away from the Palace, attempting to mask himself for the moment... to teach one student and bring him up to par with another.

phillep.jpg

The Admiral's orders were followed quite closely, though not to the exact minute detail the Admiral would have liked... but even he had to consider the nature of his followers. They were soldiers, they were rough... and for the most part, some orders had to be taken at best. Then again, there were also a grouping of gypsies sitting in the middle of the public square where Phillep would have liked the transport dropped... but a block north was close enough.

There walked the Admiral, alerting the Colonel, his Apprentice, of his appearance via a slight touch in the Force.

"Can your blade resist a lightsaber, Colonel?"

phillep.jpg

A few months ago, Macleod would have been startled and angered at Phillep's use of the Force on him, even in such a nonthreatening way. But as the Colonel's training continued, he had felt more and more comfortable around the Force. He had to concentrate less and less to feel its flow. Macleod moved to where Phillep was standing. To Macleod, Phillep was a man he despised, and admire simultaneously. It was a strange dichotomy.

"My sword is coated in cortosis."

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"Good."

The successive moments were noticeable only because the Admiral withdrew the Sith weapon of tradition, a weapon he himself made and abhorred, for it was much like selling one's soul for power and the right of passage to that power. As much as he loved power, he was bothered by needing to drown himself in particular beliefs, but in those beliefs, he found allies and students... and one could surmise, that pleased him more.

With the blade drawn, the Admiral drew the saber over his head, holding it with both hands, tightly, but not too tightly, about the middle and lower parts of the hilt. His body was showered in the subtleties of the crimson light...

"Combat is essential for particular aspects of the Sith... and as a boon to the Empire, in its strike leader. Your combat with Ki was good, but it is aged, and raw... so, Colonel, you shall train as I train."

The Admiral's blow struck down hard, "There are techniques the Sith seek to learn fully, techniques that are by nature offensive, that harness power, speed or precision. Some are old, others incomplete. When you craft your own blade, you shall choose the technique you wish to master for your ascension to the rank of Sith Lord. When such a title is conferred upon you, you will be able to move past the rudimentary techniques, and advance upon the higher forms."

The blade quickly snapped to the left, in an upwards arc, before retracting and dropping in another powerful diagonal slash...

phillep.jpg