The Hapes Cluster

Tarrian Skywalker

Aisling could hear voices... and forced her eyes open... it was blurry at first, but then she saw her cousin and Phillep... she wasn't fully wake, and couldn't make out what he had said...

She sat up on the bed and suddenly felt very ill... "Excuse me... I'm sorry... " she got up off the bed and ran to the bathroom... slamming the door behind her... she would not know that the reason she was sick was from the cloreform, having an adverse reaction to it, she threw up. After what seemed to her like hours... but only a few minutes she washed her face and brushed her teeth and re entered the bedroom... she sat down in her chair and looked at the two... Ki was glaring at Phillep again...

"What is going on between you two?" She didn't remember the past day... or the rage she had felt... Nor did she remember ever being mad at Ki... "Phillep, I thought that you were going to help Ki become stronger... ??? Have you not started that?"

She was not feeling well, and looked out the bedroom doorway to her servants... they were all standing there trying not to stare in...

Aisling.jpg

The screams throughout the Palace were getting louder, one of Aisling's servants scurrying past into Aisling's rooms announcing the arrival of the one Ki hated so much. As he spoke she gave him a filthy look, more determined than ever to get rid of him any way she could.

"Jealous? You've got to be joking. I don't want the throne. I want Aisling to know the truth about you! Stuff this! To hell with you!"

Ki glared at him, her eyes going between Phillip and then back to Aisling as she came back in the room.

"He controls you with implants, I have the proof of it, that is why you are not yourself, why you cannot think for yourself, why you lost your spark. He controls you. Look at the scan's results if you don't believe me!"

She heard the screams throughout the Palace getting louder, her anger stiring again. She was very determined now, she would kill every soldier he sent her way, every one of them she came across she would kill. She couldn't kill him but she would kill them. Her body was still not fully healed though her pain meds that she had aquired were doing their job.

"Listen to what he is doing to your people! He is killing them."

She whirled back to face Phillip,

"Why are you destroying the Hapian people Phillip? More of your power trips? More of your flaunting your power over the people of Hapes? What are you going to do... kill every last one of us?"

She clutched the handle of the vibroblade that she had stolen from his guard, not drawing it yet, though she would if she had to. She would leave here with or without Aisling - most likely without since her cousin was under his control so much. She would somehow work out a way to live without his blood, without his power over her.

KiVastor.jpg

Kheldar pops back into the bar, giving Ki a startled look.

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

"It's true Aisy - I can run the scanner over you again, take them again if you need extra proof. He's done this to you, to control you. And he is killing your people - just listen, he's having your people killed now!"

She was appealing to Aisling though she didn't have much hope for anything being done, not with his control over her. That Aisy had broken free enough to slap him must have meant that they'd been reduced somewhat during her pregnancy as to not affect his child. Ki kept her distance from Phillip, keeping an escape route handy out of Aisling's rooms. Her eyes narrowed towards Phillip again, knowing that he would use his silver forked tongue to talk his way out of this one too. He always did, she was fully expecting him to turn this against her somehow so it appeared her fault. Her inner fury over him killing the servants was only just under control. Ki had slipped the special item she'd had the doc make into a special pocket when she'd still been at the medical center, she would insert it beneath her skin in another location to the last place once she was away from him. That would be one less concern for her... no one could get her pregnant then. She'd had enough of his soldiers leering at her, even though he'd said he didn't have a use for her sexually... to which she was relieved... she wasn't taking any chances. She'd been lucky that first time when he raped her, conned her, that she hadn't fallen, there was no way she was going to take that risk again.

There was only one thing she wanted to know right now, how to use the force more so she could defend herself, so she could get away from him. She only knew how to push and pull, to choke. That was it. She needed to know more. Ki hungered to know more... She had no idea what he meant by 'forcing her body to heal' either. She wasn't about to ask him about it, hating him for everything he had done. She glared at him again, gathering that he must have heard everything she'd said to others to know what she was up to and to know where she was... that damned collar. Her hand went up to it, wanting to rip it from around her neck. Ki would have to find some way of blocking him from knowing everything she said or did. She glared at him again. Her face paled as something else dawned on her, he'd have to have known who she spoke to in the medical center too then, she would have to go back there anyway, she just hoped she didn't come across the bodies she was now expecting to see. She had to use the blood analysis equipment, steal it if she had to but she'd use it, find a way to free herself from him. If he'd killed the doctor... who would deliver Aisling's child?

KiVastor.jpg

"Wait a second.... Weren't you just here and- Oh, wait, nevermind. For some reason I'm getting deja vu..."

[meaning Alora]

"I am a man of the military, I wield the forces of an Empire, I am a wielder of the Force. Within my own ranks, there are few that can do what I do. I attempted to teach one, my most loyal and respected soldier... but I was forced to go outside of my ranks. Running from the Alliance who destroyed my home, my existence and my way of life... I found you. I came here, not as a conqueror, but in hopes of making a bond with your people. I respected your customs. I acted within the law... I fell in love with Aisling. I have done nothing wrong..."

Lies, deceptions and deceit... the politician's Ace up his sleeve. Draw attention away from the current situation, bend it, change it... then, attack.

"She carries a child, a healthy child. I brought vision and hope, I gave your civilization a fighting chance in the event the murderous Alliance comes your way... the Cluster alone cannot stand against the power of their Military, against the Evil of their Leadership. Yet you still scorn me, insult me, berate me, Ki. Why? What I have done that could be so wrong for your people? Would you turn a blind eye to your own people? Have them die, my efforts were to help you all become stronger. Both as a culture and personally, I sought to share with both of you the gift I was given, I showed my Master... he sparked in you the gift, and I was to continue his work."

His voice grew increasingly louder, amplifying in their minds, deafening all other things... even the screams of the innocent as their flesh burned by blaster bolts and become torn apart by the vibrating edge of a vibro-blade.

"Is this how you wish to repay me, Ki? For my efforts? By hurtling these lies at me?"

He then managed a graceful smile, the skin about his eyes managing to crinkle, "If you had anything beyond basic medical training you'd already know the purpose of these implants. They are for the baby, and for Aisling, during her time of pain, throughout the process of labor, to help her along."

Still leaning against the door-frame, he had already picked up on Ki's desire to kill... "However, Ki, if what you want is my death. Then, I offer myself to you... go ahead, I shall not make an attempt to defend myself. I am placing my life in your hands."

He placed himself at his knees, hands still clasped behind his back, now within the room itself... "Go on, but then you force your sister to have a bastard child, is that what you want, Ki? To cause your sister pain?"

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

"LIAR!!"

Ki was furious at him, she knew he would do this, she just knew it.

"You tell nothing but lies! You put those implants in her before you got her pregnant. You kill the Hapian people because you are a conquer, because you took Hapes by force."

She was shaking now with her fury, she wanted nothing but to strike him down... but he wanted her to do that, he wanted to make her look the villian here... she knew it and he knew it. She knew his lies and deception by now, she'd seen enough of it even before she had become his captive. It had been the reason why she had taken it upon herself to kill him when she had still been a part of Black Sun.

"You have given the Hapian people nothing you MURDERER!! Aisling, listen, hear them, your people he is KILLING THEM NOW! Are you going to stand by while your people die at his soldiers hands?"

She had enough sense not to attack him, not to be pushed into doing what he was pushing her into doing. She drew her vibroblade, a look of total fury on her face.

"I will not stand by while the people of Hapes are killed by Phillip's men!!"

She moved towards Phillip as if to swing at him but what she did was gather the force to her as much as she could and pushed him out of her way as she forced her way past. She was going to go and slaughter his soldiers for what they were doing to the servants in the Palace. As she moved past him she said one more thing,

"YOU BASTARD!!"

She left the room her blade held high, the back pack on her back her pain forgotten both by the meds and by her fury. The first soldier she came across was viciously slaughtering one of Ki's own servants right outside of the Queen's door, It was Tressa, her personal servant who had kept hoping that Ki had not been killed after her mother's lies, Tressa, the one that had nursed Ki's injuries so many times since her return.

"TRESSA!!! NOOOO!!!"

It was to this soldier she took out the first of her fury. Her own blade swung into action as she sliced off his hands,

"YOU DARE KILL MY PERSONAL SERVANT!! THAT BASTARD WILL PAY!!"

Her boot connected with his body, his yells already filling the air as the soldier was bleeding everywhere from where she had cut off his hands. A badly injured Tressa looked up at Ki as she took down the soldier, spurring on her anger towards this soldier, towards Phillip,

"Lady Ki... get him!"

Tears were in her eyes as she continued to kick the soldier, her blade then coming into play as she sliced him, hacked into him over and over before falling to her knees infront of Tressa, her blade back in it's sheath but her blaster now in her shaking hand. She put her arms around the dying woman and cried, cried for the first time in years she cried for someone she loved that was taken from her. Ki hadn't cried since Kabe's death.

Another soldier came around the corner, raising his blaster. Ki beat him to the shot, even with her hand shaking from her grief she hit him. Her shot straight between his eyes as she began to rock Tressa in her arms, covered by her servants blood as the old woman lay dying...

"He'll pay for this... I swear he will... He will pay for what he has done if it is the last thing I do... Tressa... what am I going to do without you?"

Her sobs became louder, more hysterical. She would kill every last one of his soldiers, she didn't care how long it took but she swore that she would.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Macleod watched Phillep go with a touch of relief. He needed time to rest, even with the new stamina the nanites granted. It wasn't his body that was weary, it was his mind. Touching the dark side had been both exhilirating and exhaustive. Macleod also needed time to think. He was confused. Unlike before, Macleod did not lose touch with his Force awareness this time. It was there still, even while he was not concentrating. He was bombarded with it. Macleod somehow knew it was supposed to be like this, but his lack of training had blocked it. His mind hadn't been ready. The Force wasn't a thing you could call and summon at your whim, it was always there. Now the Colonel knew he would have an even more difficult time focusing. Macleod's thoughts began to wander as he lay back on the ground.

Phillep is not going to permit me to use this power for myself. As an Imperial officer, I had some measure of control. I was loyal to the Empire first, not necessarily the leader of the Empire. I know that is no longer true. A Sith apprentice is loyal to his Master.

Macleod's thoughts were thick with disgust as he contemplated that last part. But then he thought about the power again, the speed at which he had moved, and the strength the nanites offered him. The potential to keep old age away was also in his thoughts. It wasn't even really death he feared. Dying in battle was honorable. Dying in retirement was not. Macleod thought perhaps he had gone to too far of an extreme to prevent an obscure death though. Most people feared being obsolete, but they rarely turned their lives over to a sadistic Sith.

But you want more than just a valiant end. You want the power Phillep wields for yourself.

The taste Macleod had had of the dark powers the Sith teachings offered kept returning to his mind. It made him uncomfortable, the thought that he had a desire to be anything like Phillep. Macleod rose, rested now. Or at least that's what he told himself. He really just needed to stop thinking. Training of any kind always put unpleasant thoughts from his mind. Macleod recalled the feelings of hate and fear during his battle with Ki. That memory was more recent that his fights with Tisserand. Macleod practiced running again, using the Force to focus his mind. It was tiring, but Macleod was able to perform Force speed without falling on his face this time. He could control his legs, and increase their speed simultaneously.

I'm not really sure if I would call it Force speed though, it isn't half as fast as Phillep.

Nevertheless, Macleod was finding success. And the questions he'd had before were far from his mind. The feeling of exhiliration at the use of the dark side was overpowering any qualms for the moment.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"I will fight these Rebels face to face and I'll break them with my bare hands."

"I have done nothing to you, I would not cause upon myself, Aisling. It was to help you, make you stronger and to ensure that what is our's, will grow safe and strong."

His eyes turned towards the door, "As for my men, they have done nothing but guard and seek out traitors. Those that which to harm you because of their loyalty to her... it is always those who seek to lift her up beyond you. You may be the last of her family, but, without you, she is the rightful Queen. She cries because what infantile schemes she has, against you and against me, continue to fail because of my vigilance and my desire to protect you."

He rose, stepping out into the hallway, "I will not avenge my men, but I cannot allow her to continue her rampage. Your safety, the child's and this entire sector's are all at stake if she continues her ranting."

His eyes looked calmly, but deep down, they were already changing at the pit of his soul, where the fiddler struck the tune of his existence, slowly the notes ebbed towards their zenith. His emotions, kept firmly within the bounds of his insanity, quickly began to free themselves, bursting from their shackles...

The Force had the power to be many things, a mirror, a prison... and, of course, a weapon.

He moved, stalked her, to find her shedding tears over her beaten confidante... the young innocent girl, who fell apart cheering on the wrong mouse. He moved, his footsteps silenced, almost as if a shadow, then the spectre struck at first the heart of Tressa was cut and blood trickled from within her mouth. Phillep's eyes, dilated, reminiscent of the beast kept locked away... the feral bastard of his psyche, before his hands held Ki by the throat, large enough to encircle the collar and cause pressure underneath her jawline and along her shoulders. Suppressing the air from reaching her brain... "You sought a bastard and now you found one."

In the background the killing had stopped, there was silence as the hidden nature of Phillep held Ki in the air, by the throat, "I AM POWER AND I WILL BREAK YOU, CHILD!"

Following soon afterwards, Ki flew down the length of the hallway, only to find the same creature, not quite human... not the sadistic bastard she was used to, but... the broken, ape-like creature that lay beneath the surface.

Defiance and disrespect force anger to bubble towards the surface, but Phillep was no longer human... he was a monster.

phillep.jpg

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*

Aisling followed Phillep out of the suite and slowly walked down the hallway”¦ Her steps were soft, and she was in no hurry to get there”¦ As she walked, she watched as his men stepped aside for her”¦ stopping what they were doing and looking down at the ground”¦

She knew that Phillep was angry and something told her that she needed to intervine on Ki's behalf”¦ threats to the throne were nothing new, but she was not about to have the last of her blood killed. Ki would need to be set straight”¦ Coming up to them, she watched as Phillep threw her down the hall”¦ in her mind's eye, she only saw Phillep the man”¦ Before he could move on her again, she touched his arm”¦

”œPhillep, take her to the medical wing”¦ she is unwell”¦ your men can take care of the rest of the traitors”¦ and the doctors can help Ki”¦ before we do anything drastic”¦ let us try to help her first”¦”

Aisling.jpg

It was important that she showed up when she did, Phillep's body reduced itself into his normal form, she forced his body to return to his mind's control...

His words were simple, "She'll survive. Keep her from killing and peace can exist between us."

phillep.jpg

Aisling motioned to three of the guards that were down the hall... when they came close enough to Phillep and Aisling she spoke to them...

"Take Lady Ki to the medical wing, and stay with her till I arrive... she is to be secured for her own safety... she is not to be left alone with anyone... not even the medical staff... and... I don't care if she orders you out... you are to stay put... by order of the Queen... and make sure their are extra guards both in and outside the room."

The guards nodded and followed her directions... being careful when lifting the unconscious form and carrying her to the medical wing...

Aisling turned to Phillep and looked at him... "What she said is true? Phillep you should not have done that without telling me... "

Aisling suddenly felt weak and the color drained from her face... she reached her hand out towards Phillep and the next thing there was darkness.

Aisling.jpg

Ki had never seen him like he was, but still she would refuse to obey him, she would never obey him. She hated him, the look in her eyes while horrorfied at his grotesque appearance still showed how she hated him. His threat of breaking her was met with defiance. She couldn't say the words but in the forefront of her mind was her answer ... You might break my body but you will never break ME Her stubborn determination had kicked in, a certain arrogance after all that had been done to her. She would defy him to the last ... When he had ripped her from Tressa's dead body and held her by the throat, choking her, Ki had thought she'd finally done it, he would kill her now and that would be it. The air was cut from her windpipe, a strangling sound of air being fought for could be heard, her legs kicking out at him before she found herself thrown down the corridor, landing awkwardly, bones breaking again, shattering from the impact. Her shoulder wound reopening, blood again pouring out of it though all contained within her leathers. Blood seeped out of the corner of her mouth.

Ki never believed him about immortality, always believing that when she was dead she would be just that... dead. She had been near death so many times already and had been brought back from the brink, robbed of her freedom. She wasn't aware of anything after the awkward landing, having lost consciousness for the third time in such a short period of time.

Ki wasn't even aware of being carried, none to gently by Phillip's men once they got out of sight of the Queen, so that it was lucky that she was unconscious given that they caused extra damage to her already broken body, wasn't aware of being dumped in a sterile room, her weapons taken from her, as were the pain meds and items she had taken from the medical center. She was tied down on the bunk, blood still seeping from all of her wounds, her puncture wound reopened as well by the rib that now pretruded from her leathers. Her complexion was as pale as a ghost now, having lost way too much blood. The Royal Medical staff had all been wiped out due to Phillip's mindless slaughter. There were no medical personel to treat her wounds.

Deep within the recesses of her mind, Ki was safe, there was no pain, no collar, no Phillip. She was in a place that she had totally forgotten about, one that she had been taken to as a very young child. The strange thing about it was that Ki was there as the 19 yr old girl and the clearing she was in was surrounded by a foggy mist. She sat in the middle of the grassy clearing, the waterfall in front of her, clear blue sky above. In here there was nothing to fear, nothing to be concerned about. It was so peaceful. Tressa appeared, just as peaceful as well as Kabe. Ki rose from where she had been sitting, running to Kabe and throwing her arms around him.

"I've missed you so much babe"

Kabe held her close, returning her embrace and kissing her passionately. He'd missed her too. Tressa held the picnic basket, now placing it down. Someone else was laying out a blanket... Lashana. Both she and Tressa set up the picnic, all four of them enjoying the peaceful setting. The warm sun shone down on them, making Ki drowsy. She curled up with her head in Kabe's lap, Ki's eyes closing as she slept...

Severe, intense pain shot through her body, Ki's eyes fluttering open to see the sterile white room, the guards standing there with smirks on their faces. She screamed, struggling to find she was tied down, the circulation being cut off from her wrists and ankles, so cruel were his men. Ki blacked out again, quickly retreating to her 'safe place'. This time she would remain there. She didn't like what reality held. There was no pain in her safe place... there was no way she was going to return now. The walls in her mind went up, blocking her off from the reality of the Palace.

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Catching Aisling, he carried her back to the room and left her to rest on the bed, a recruit that was as good as any Doctor he had ever known was already being trained at the Academy and putting in the personal request... he would be here soon.

In the meantime, Phillep went to the remnants of the Medical ward, only to watch her as she tried to will away reality... already she had lost another piece of what she clung to for control. Soon, she would find herself alone... truly alone, even in her little safe-place.

So he looked about the room, and knew he needed something to restrain her... a force-cage would have to do, for the time being, and he made it so...

Then he returned to the courtyard, as daybreak began to filter through... "Colonel, I trust you have improved?"

phillep.jpg

((Can't sleep so am posting... blame the insomnia. If I can't do any of this. PM me to let me know and I'll fix it when I wake again))

Ki was back in her clearing, looking into the clear pool of water... her hand dipped into it, sending ripples outwards. She glanced up at someone, holding a conversation with them as she looked through the water at her own broken body, feeling so detached from it.

"I'm not going back there. No.. look at it. There is no way that it could heal now. Look at all the blood."

Her body was now in a pool of blood, visible were her petruding ribs. Concentrating on the body, she could 'see' inside of it, 'see' how many ribs were broken, shattered. Her hands had lost circulation due to the tightness of the bindings, were turning a blue colour, as were her lips. Ki looked up again, towards the edge of her clearing.

There was a darkness there, lurking. She looked again at the image of her body, realising that the dark lurker was probably the soul trapped in the collar.

"You're not welcome here. You tattle to him. Get out!"

She pushed, slamming a 'door' in it's faceless face. It seemed the weaker her body became, the stronger she became in here.

"I've done it! I've won! He can't get to me in here."

The power surged through her, making her feel more alive than she ever had before. The conversation continued again,

"No, why would I want to return to that thing? It's only a husk. There's no one to fix it this time. You're all dead."

She was talking with the spirit's of the dead. The doctor giving her a clinical assessment of her body.

"Ha! You think he cares what happens to me? No he doesn't. He did this to me."

"What? Aisling? No, she doesn't care either. He's controlled her for so long she can't even think for herself. She wouldn't save me. There's no one there to save me... you're forgetting again, he had all of you killed."

She was shown another image, this time it was like she was floating through the Palace, to the Queen's quarters. Aisling was lying on her bed.

"My poor Cousin. Look what he's done to you. Carrying his brat so he can legitamize his rule. You poor girl. Never knew what hit you, did you. Sorry I won't be around Cous. But I'm not going to let him take control of me. I bet if you really tried, if you really put your mind to it, you could find a way around those implants he put in you."

Ki 'looked' through Aisling, saw the implants where he had them in her brain, in her spine, in her lower areas. No wonder he could control her like he did. There was no way that Aisling would ever find the will to disobey him now. She'd lost her mind to him through his manipulations. She looked back over her shoulder.

"Help her? I tried. There's nothing I was able to do... remember? Last time I tried to do something he did that to me." She pointed again back to her broken body in the sterile room. "Arrgghhh. Alright I'll try and touch her mind." She rolled her eyes. "Aisy? Can you hear me? Do you even care? Look guys, it's no use, she won't care, he's got her brainwashed. It doesn't matter that I would never want her throne, like you told me, he had you all killed coz of that fool story he told her of you being traitors to her. That I would even want that throne is beyond me. There's no way. He wants it so bad he'd impregnate any woman that had royal ties. There's no way I'd go through that. No way I'd put up with carrying any brat of his."

"You've got to be kidding me... right? You reckon I can fix that broken husk from here? I don't care what you tell me. I can't help her. He'd stop me from trying every time. It's her that has my body locked in that room now coz she's so under his control."

She shook her head. They had to be joking.

"What... you reckon if I focused hard enough I could loosen the bindings. I doubt that very much. I'm in here too remember. That body is so weak that it is a wonder it's even breathing. There's no blood left to bleed."

Clinically she looked at it again. She wasn't going back there. No way.

"Stop hounding me. There's no way. What? Yeah I guess you're right about that then. So you'll talk me through it? Alright already, give me a break will ya?!"

She huffed abit, but settled down to focus on what the doc was telling her. Her feet for all the tight bindings were ok because she still had her boots on. The thick boots protected her there. It was her hands that needed attention first, and her petruding ribs. She focused on the bindings, using her hands in her mind's eye to loosen the bindings one by one so that circulation was returned to the hands. It took a while, not being used to doing everything with her mind. But she could see progress.

"I'm still not going back there. I don't care what you say. Arrgghhh."

She focused on the body again, following the doctors instructions to look deeper. Look inside the body. See it. Ki concentrated, it was timeless where she was. No pain, no fatigue, no one to hurt her. Ki could see the tiny machine like molocule things, trying to work on her body.

"What good will pushing the rib back in make? That body has lost way too much blood. There's no way in hell that I'll go back there to let him make me drink from him again... Have you tasted that mongrel's blood? No didn't think so. It's disgusting. It's tainted."

She shook her head again, Kabe by her side, holding her hand... 'You can do this babe... I know you can... I love you babe...' Ki smiled up at him, her other hand caressing his face.

"I don't want to go back there. I want to stay here with you..." ... "You mean I can come back here any time I choose to? Even if I do go back to that... that broken shell? No I won't let him in here. Never. He doesn't belong here. He will NEVER get in here. This is MY place of refuge."

This place was inside of her mind, inside of her heart. Only those that she had trusted were there... mind you, all those that were already dead, being that everyone that mattered to her was dead, had been killed... besides Aisling. Her Cousin she had been reunited with by that tyrant. The only thing he had done for them. Even if he had twisted it so that it didn't matter anymore.

"Ohh Aisy. I love ya, but you've got to get your mind back..." ... "Ok already... what next. Ok the ribs. It won't make any difference you know. That... that body has to have a transfusion and I'm not going to be able to do that from here. And I'm not going back there I tell ya."

She refocused again, looking at the ribs that were poking out of her leathers. Somehow she had to push them in and realign them, just like the doc did before. Ever so slowly, she pushed at the rib, seeing her body cringe and shudder in pain.

"Man am I glad I'm not there to feel this..."

She pushed again, the force skills she had been kind of taught coming into play as she gently forced the ribs back into her body so that the nanites could go to work and the bleeding would stop. Being timeless where she was, Ki was unaware of how long it took, hours real time going by as millimetre by millimetre her ribs were put back where they were supposed to be. When she had finished, all ribs realigned, she looked at the other wounds, finding that the nanites and whatever else that was in her blood had closed the wounds. The body having lost so much blood though, that it had taken three times as long as it normally would have.

All the time during her manipulations, the guards were unaware. They were bored, that much was obvious. She wouldn't put it past any of them to damage the body further than what it had already been.

"Hey! The implant you made is still in the pocket... I wonder... that body needs it, needs to be free of the risk of pregnancy if I am to return to it... What? Ahhh, for real?? You mean that coz I've done this, I can make my body reject the seed... you bet I want to know about that. Tell me more doc..."

An indepth conversation went on then about the principles of lubricating the body and how to reduce or get rid of an unwanted pregnancy... because of her blood now, she was in no risk of disease... one thing she was grateful for...

((yeah I know, a novel... again... blame the insomnia ))

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

After hours of sleeping, Aisling opened her eyes slowly. It was dark in the room, and she sat up”¦ more in a daze then actually awake, she dressed and walked out of the suite. Slowly making her way down to the medical wing of the Palace, she paid no attention to the guards”¦ some moved out of her way”¦ others just stopped what they were doing to watch her”¦ One nodded to his partner and then followed her at a safe distance to keep an eye on her while the partner went out of the palace to find Phillep and tell him of the Queens movements”¦

She finally reached the medical wing's doors and raised her hand up”¦ using the force to push open the doors she walked forward to where her cousin lay”¦ One guard moved forward and grabbed Aisling's arm and she stopped slightly”¦ looked at him with a cold dead stare and placed her hand on his”¦ grasping it she pulled it off of her arm and bent it backwards”¦ throwing him into the wall”¦ she smiled as she heard his neck snap against the wall”¦

She stood by Ki's bed for a moment, and one guard tentatively brought her a chair and backed away from her”¦ She sat down in the chair and reached her hand out to hold Ki's in hers”¦ she sat like that for a long time just looking at Ki”¦ watching her sleep”¦ she finally laid her head down on the mattress beside Ki's arm and drifted to sleep herself”¦

The child's force presence was strong, and getting stronger all the time”¦ and while she would be loyal to her father”¦ and his ways”¦ she was also devoted to her mother”¦ and helping protect her was something that would come naturally to the child”¦ Aisling's conscious mind may be his”¦ but her subconscious was her own”¦ and with the aid of her child and the force, Aisling touched Ki with her subconscious.

”œHello Ki”¦ I missed you”¦ don't be afraid”¦ I'm not really here”¦ I can't hurt you.”

Aisling.jpg

-- Ki watched over Aisling sleeping, seeing her wake. That she got by all his guards so easily also showed that they all knew that she was under Phillip's control. It surprised her then that Aisling came into the sterile room, now sitting beside her bedside, holding the hand of her lifeless body. She saw Aisling lay her head down on the side of the bed that wasn't bloodstained. --

"How?? What are you doing in here??"

Ki was shocked that she was in the clearing standing beside her, as Aisy's hand touched her's Ki knew that this was really Aisling, not the brainwashed being that Phillip had under his control. It must be because she did love her Cousin, that the two were bonded together, that she could find her. The lurker would never have a chance of getting in here, neither would Phillip.

"Stop fighting him? Surely you see what he has done though? Just look at my body. I don't want to return there Aisy. Look at it. I had to work hard to just push my own ribs back into my body. I do find it interesting you chose the one area of the bed that wasn't covered with blood to rest your head."

She looked back down at the shell that was her body. Very pale, occasionally a flinch from pain, the body moving of it's own accord as nerves twitched.

"You do know that he keeps us alive from feeding us his blood? I need to find a way that we both can survive without that. And the collar, he knows every word I speak. You know you never have to be jealous Aisy. I can't stand him. I don't know how he does it but the strong need of his blood, it controls my body. I can feel it now and I can't stand it. My body can't survive without his blood... same as yours."

Looking down, Ki's body was shedding tears.

"I'm afraid Aisy. If I stop fighting him... that he will take control of me too. I don't want that. I want my independance."

She did know why Aisling requested what she did. She could feel Aisling's daughter as well. It was the first time she had felt the child, could feel her trying to protect her mother. The sensation was amazing. She'd never thought to touch the child's awareness, thinking it was more Phillip's than Aisling's even if it were Aisling that was doing all the work carrying her.

"I never knew your daughter was so strong... I... I can't go back there though... I can't. It's too painful. That body is too broken... I've lost too much blood. With the help of the doc... he told me how to fix some of it. The broken bones have been reset, whatever it was he put in our blood, it's fixing the wounds, knitting the bones back together, but to go back there is like stepping into freezing cold water so that your body feels like it is being hit by thousands of needles. It hurts. There isn't anyone there I can trust... he killed all my servants, he killed Tressa... and Lashana... and the Doctor... there is no one to help me... no staff left to even change the bed my body is on, to bath the blood from where it has completely soaked my clothes. Please... don't let them take my boots, those ones are the most comfortable ones I have left. The other shoes I can't even run in, fight in... if I went back to it... I know I'll have to physically fight..."

Her voice turned resigned,

"He won't let me near you anyway Aisy. I hate how he keeps turning you against me... we used to be so close... be careful Aisy... please be careful..."

When the two embraced, Aisling showing Ki her pain, Ki showed Aisling some of the pain she was in, only a brief glimpse so it wouldn't distress the child. With the encounter over, Ki stared down into the pool for a long long moment. She really didn't want to go back to that pain filled body... it didn't hurt where she was. But she knew without a doubt that it would wake Aisling up. Ki knew she would be screaming as soon as she re-entered that body. ... "only for a little while... only enough to wake her up... "

Her body was cold, it did feel like diving into freezing cold water. The pain she felt as soon as she let herself re-enter her body forced air to gasp into her lungs. This body was so weak. Where she'd been before she had felt so strong. Ki screamed, her body spasming, jolting, bucking as the pain took hold making her want to leave it again right now...

The movements woke Aisling, the screams woke her, Aisling sitting up, the baby knowing that something had to be done to save Ki before it was too late...

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

OOC: Question, when did anyone ever decide the kid was female?

IC:

It was in the back of his mind, a numbness... overbearing, excessive, unnecessary, extreme... female.

Phillep's eyes closed themselves only for a moment, using the Force to push these thoughts away... he needed a damn well moment of peace, he almost had second thoughts of the Hapes Cluster, certain that he should have destroyed it like he did with most uncivilized worlds such as Kashyyk or Naboo. In the future, he would... he made certain to put in motion the plans to devise a neuro-toxin. These foolish people didn't deserve to live... in time, once their sprawling society was reduced they'd learn to succumb to the grim realities of the rest of the universe and live outside their stuck-up, kiss-ass bubble.

By the time the thoughts all washed away, he was still standing there... waiting for the Colonel.

phillep.jpg

Macleod was almost startled at Phillep's return. He probably should have gone to Phillep as ordered. But he'd been so absorbed in his training, he had let time slip past. Or perhaps he had merely been avoiding his Master.

"Yes, I have mastered that task. I am ready to continue."

Connor_Macleod.jpg

"I will fight these Rebels face to face and I'll break them with my bare hands."

"Excellent, then. The next step is the force jump."

Similar to the run, it is another means of harnessing the force to break your basic limitations. Leaping straight up, then, almost as if leaping off a second platform, Phillep flipped forward and reached an even greater height... letting his hands come upon a decorative ledge, which he pulled himself up on to.

"Now, try... use the force to create a stepping-stone of sorts to complete the next jump. Once mastered, you could create as many stepping stones as you deem necessary, reaching unparalleled heights."

phillep.jpg

OOC: well, the females decided on the sex... besides... it will be a good story if you have a hapian woman that changes the rules of how men are viewed...

IC: Aisling woke suddenly at Ki's pain, and brought over a hyperspray to relieve the pain... After administering the medication, she looked at her cousin... "you will have to conform Ki... or I will not be able to continue to intervene on your behalf for much longer... " She spoke quietly to herself. turning, she left the medical bay and left word for the guards to treat her cousin with respect, and when she was healed enough in the morning... to bring her to her suite...

She moved through the halls of the palace quietly and made her way outside to where Phillep was training his guest... Standing silently in the shadows, she watched the two... taking in all that Phillep was saying and doing... and waiting to be noticed.

Aisling.jpg

She felt the hyperspray working through her body, Ki still very tempted to just disappear to her safe place and not return...

Why did I come back here?? Why did she talk me into coming back to all this... this pain... this... aarrggghhh...

As the meds took effect, Ki settled down, the guards having had Aisling's orders felt that they had better do as she said... this time. The Queen was carrying Phillip's child after all, and they had all heard how pregnant women could get tempermental. With all the blood Ki was still lying in they contemplated stripping the girl themselves, having a good gawk at her though that would merit trouble from the Queen. They all knew there weren't many servants around the Palace that had survived the purge so sent for some of the Queen's own with instructions for a change of clothing as well for her Cousin.

Once the servants had arrived, the bodies of the medical staff had all been cleared. Ki was moved into a bathing room so the servants could see her cleansed of the blood that caked her body while the bed was changed, the blood cleaned away from where it had pooled. The servants carefully removed her boots and leathers, able to repair the puncture in the top from where her ribs had petruded. Her clothing was cleaned and all taken back to Ki's rooms. No bodies remained there either having been cleared from the Palace.

All the while during being cleansed, Ki remained still, the meds working to ease her bodies pain. She was aware of being moved, of activity around her, though her eyes did not open, nor did she move at all. Her body was too weak to even lift her arm... she had lost too much of the crimson fluids for that.

They cleansed her body gently, amazed at the amount of blood that had coated her, that had been held in by the leathers she had worn. All not convinced that she would survive. They followed orders, making sure she was cleansed completely, her hair washed, and that she was bathed in scented waters. Ki remained the 'rag doll' that had been thrown so effortlessly down the corridor, not moving of her own accord, her limbs like spagetti. She was dressed in loose fitting pants and top, both in the royal colours, the servants having seen the tattoo, discussing that it looked more like a combination of two of the family lines rather than the direct line they would expect a cousin of the Queen to have.

Ki was moved back to the now clean room, the bed being freshly made with clean crisp sheets. Still there was no movement of her own. They were concerned by now that it wasn't just because of the medications she had been given. Ki continued to remain still, the nanites and blood that remained in her body, working overtime to repair what had been done to her. She couldn't replenish her blood though and deep inside of herself dreaded having to. She knew though, at least for now, she would have to behave... still didn't mean she had to like it. But she would do it for Aisling's benefit only. She slept on, not moving, not being able to move. They wouldn't need any kind of restraint now - she wasn't capable of even lifting the smallest of her fingers...

The Queen's servants returned to their normal duties, only with one difference... the gossip regarding the tattoo... what did it mean?

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Macleod knew that Phillep's words were true. Of course, he also knew that jumping to unparalleled heights meant you could fall down to an unparalleled death. But Macleod was not afraid. He was merely noting the danger. He had watched Phillep carefully, knowing that his attempt would not be so effortless, but also knowing it was within his capability. The Force speed had given him confidence, but also a slight feeling of trepidation.

Phillep shares this knowledge with me so freely. I haven't thought much about why he does it. He must want something out of me in the end.

Macleod cleared that thought and all others as he focused. Forcing your muscles to move faster was a whole different game than trying to hold yourself suspended in the air, even if it was only for an instant. But it was only a much more advanced technique in comparison to the maneuver he'd used to summon his sword. They worked on the same principle. Macleod focused this memory as well as the vision of what he'd seen Phillep do.

Feel the Force flowing through the air itself.

Macleod leaped and then leaped again as Phillep had instructed. The cushion of air he'd created held, but it had not been very high off the ground. Macleod's arm caught on the high ledge, and he hauled himself up. It wasn't nearly as graceful as Phillep's jump, but Macleod thought it was good for a first try. He used the maneuver again to jump onto the ground. Macleod continued practicing until he could clear the ledge without having to grab on. If he had not had the nanites, his age would have made it impossible.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

Phillep nodded, "Good, Colonel."

Thinking, Phillep motioned for a large piece of debris from the initial invasion, "You moved the sword and have managed to step on air, now, you focus on a larger object. I don't expect success on the first try... but you do what you can. When you are ready to sustain the large boulder, then practice moving it, almost as if you're hurling it. When you can knock down those far pillars with just the boulder, from this position. Come seek me out, as I instructed you to do so before..."

Turning, Phillep smiled towards Aisling, and walked in her direction, "Yes, dear?"

phillep.jpg

Her body was now complete again, relatively painless though she couldn't move. It was a battle to open her eyes she was so weak.

What's the use? I'm stuck here... I can't move... I can't do anything... this... this shell it's useless. It might be whole again, but because of his power over me, coz of that blood...

I should leave it behind again. I know Aisy wants my help but I can't help her like this. At least before I could watch over her. Back here I can't even do that.

She struggled, fighting a battle to at least open her eyes. Ki concentrated first on one, then the other as slowly the first then the second opened up. She was perspiring from just that one simple act. How weak could one get to have fallen so far... Ki did realise one thing though. She didn't want to be a constant patient in the medical wards. If she were to learn anything at all, she would have to swallow her pride and behave herself. At least until she had learnt what she needed to learn.

The thought, while it should have been humbling, was more like devastating. Having been so drained of the crimson fluids that her life depended on had made her realise just how much she did have to rely on him to keep her alive. A single tear trickled down her face unchecked. She couldn't raise a hand to wipe it away, nor could she tilt her head away either. How frustrating it was to lie there not being able to move even an inch...

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]

Macleod knew this would be a considerably more difficult task than he had yet attempted. And he was still weary from the previous exertions. His body was fine, the nanites had excellent stamina. But his mind was tired. Macleod turned away from Phillep, and sat down to think. He gently probed the chunk of debris with the Force.

I can feel its weight already. Phillep could no doubt smash it, throw it, or do anything he wanted to it with barely a thought. I am nowhere near his level.

Macleod pushed these hopeless thoughts from his mind. He focused on the problem of the rock's weight.

It probably is at least five tons.

Macleod knew that was the wrong way to think about it. When he had called the sword to him, it had had no weight at all. The weight was in his mind. Where the Force was concerned, he did not believe there were any limitations. Macleod tried to move the rock. It didn't budge.

Then again, I don't know much about the Force.

Phillep had told him there were no limitations. But Phillep would have told him anything to get Macleod under his thumb. He began to believe this task was not possible. Phillep was attempting to damage his ego, or show him his weakness. Macleod was momentarily discouraged.

Trust what you know, not what you assume.

He wasn't sure where that thought had come from, but it was exactly right. He knew how it had felt to call the sword. He knew he could do this. Macleod tried again, clearing his mind of doubts. He fully believed he was capable of moving the object, and put all his focus into it. For a moment it rattled in place. Then it hovered, just barely. Macleod released his concentration, sweating from the exertion. He knew he could do it, but there was something missing. He was missing something huge. Macleod rested, thinking once more.

Connor_Macleod.jpg

Phillep nodded, "I understand, Aisling, but you must trust my judgement. Training is both difficult and stressful, something that your pregnancy can only complicate... as for Ki, her training can begin anon. Come, let us find your cousin, we can begin her progress if she wishes to listen."

He placed his hand on her shoulder, and smiled, before leading with his arm towards the Palace, "Once you are no longer with child, we can also work on those implants. However, as part of the training process, you both need a different setting, the Palace is not a viable place for training you. I know where, the former Galactic Capital, it lays in ruins, but it will prove an excellent training ground."

Phillep turned to look and see Macleod's progress, before moving into the Palace and finding Ki, along with Aisling...

phillep.jpg

It was becoming too much of an effort to keep her eyes open. They fluttered closed again. All she could see was the ceiling anyway. She couldn't move at all...

The two young girls stood with a man... Aisling's father... Strangly, both girls had had traits of the man. Strange because Ki was his niece, not his daughter... she didn't look anything like her own father, nothing at all. And didn't get along nearly as well with him as she did with Aisling's. The two girls giggled at something he said, his hands resting upon both their heads in a loving manner. Ki could relax with him, she trusted him, she didn't feel on edge around him as she did when she was with her own mum and dad. They were always yelling at each other behind closed doors. In public, they were all smiles and 'nothing wrong', but behind closed doors... the arguments started. It was after one of these arguments that Ki had crept out, running away... Aisling and her Father had come across her...

Ki had forgotten about that... different memories flowed through her mind. One thing she had found very strange... Phillip had introduced the girls to Macleod as being sisters... not cousins... was it just a slip of the tongue? "I present to you, Colonel, my bride Aisling and her sister, Ki Vastor. The remaining heirs of the Hapes Cluster."

Again she battled to open her eyes, hearing the door open once more... the effort it took again left her with perspiration on her forehead...

KiVastor.jpg

[meaning Alora]