The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Raitaro nodded, walking forward toward the installation.

"Tell me--what drives you? Do you wish for the strength to fight battles--to end wars? Or do you feel the call of one who would end a fight through negotiation, manipulations? Or Perhaps, you feel the call of assisting the Jedi through the power of creation?"

His gaze never returned to Xodus, as he spoke to him sideways along his path.

"Choose."

Raitaro3.jpg

Xodus gave it thought for a moment. Yet he knew what he craved. What he desired. What he wished, and hoped to obtain.

"I want the strength...the strength to end wars. The strength to defeat those who do harm."

Xodus.jpg

Standing within the training area of the temple. Damon embraced the force. He did not only embrace the force he let is envelope him as a whole and he radaited the force with in every fiber of his being. A small light began to glow from Damon and a sense of calm and peaceful serenity could be felt though out the temple. To the fellow jedi knights and masters would be singal to them of who was present in the temple and hello to a friend for thsoe who knew him. To the new commers to the order it would act as a beacon and pull them to him.

((In other words starting monday I am starting class show up or fall behind.))

Damon kept hold of this amount of the force and spoke to Gavin.

"Just so you know, you to will be able to emit this force as well. "

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Lotus listened as Ads finished speaking, and then glanced at the new arrival. He offered the tall figure a smile and motioned for him to join Ads and him as they walked down the hallways.

”œYes, I am Ads”¦If you wish to have me as your Master.”

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

He noticed the direct disregard of his presence by Ads and ignored it, seeing as he probably felt Helbrecht was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. Some people have little manners. No worries.

"Yes, sir. My name is Eric Helbrecht. And yes, I seek training as a Jedi as well, though I admit I lack any degree of formal training as this gentleman does. I was told as a child that I had the ability to wield the force, and have just recently come to the means of arriving at an established temple."

Helbrecht kept his hands to his side, as a politeness to show he was in no way a threat. He avoided looking at Ads, as he would most certainly attempt to not listen to their conversation out of common courtesy, and he didn't want to make it anymore difficult on the man by gaining his attention through peripheral glances.

"If you are already with an apprentice I will understand. If you could take us both on that would be excellent. If would be too much trouble, then could you point me out to a master is open?"

Mrakhh, seeing that no one was coming out, jumped out of his ship and landed roughly on the ground. Time to search for someone. He used his feelings to find where he needed to be. He found himself walking to the middle of the temple like building. He soon entered a room where he saw a man in the middle of it. Mrakhh, not knowing what to say, simple introduced himself.

"Hello There, I am Mrakhh. Mrakhh comes all the way from Togoria to learn the way of the life-force. Mrakhh thinks this is where he is supposed to learn. Mrakhh is good learner, hard worker and will not fail if you will teach me."

Mrakhh felt he should say more but didn't. Or couldn't. Mrakhh was never one for words.

((OOC: Well, I did not know quite what to do but I did my best. In case someone does not know, I am talking to Damon..))

5xdgpzt.jpg

"Oh, hello, Mr. Helbrecht. I'm Ads-Gop Flif, but you can call me Ads," Ads said, whilst wondering why Helbrecht wouldn't look at him. After Ads said this, he finally garnered some attention from the man.

Helbrecht was visibly shorter than Ads, but was also a little bigger. Ads noticed this. His mind quickly moved onto the man's brown eyes, which happened to go very well with his brown hair. ((Apollo-- ))

Ads turned to Maroon Lotus and his silver hair, which was in stark contrast to Helbrecht's brown hair.

"I wouldn't mind if you train both of us, but it's obviously up to you."

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

"Then your first task will be an easy one."

Raitaro entered a plain room, with pale stone walls and a sand floor. He sat down.

"First you must prove to me that you are capable of such power, and such power. I want you to sit down, close your eyes, and open your mind."

Raitaro3.jpg

Gavin nodded his head, standing just to the left behind his master.

"Very well master."

Gavin had been suprised when Damon had just up and left with him for Manaan, and he hadn't really been expecting to be changing locations so much. Not that it mattered, as long as he got training the location didn't matter.

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Ichi stood patiently for his master to command him. In his patience, he found himself examining his master's new apprentice.

The human seems average in most aspects. Height and weight normal. Hair normal, though in a fashion not common in this sector. A little old for such a hair style. His seems to have one visible flaw in his genetics. The probability of different eye color is low. And he seems to have an elevated presence in the force. Not nearely as high as master's, but noticeable, none the less.

A regular check through his directives took his attention from the apprentice.

"Master, if you have no need for me, may I continue research on fighting styles throughout the galaxy?"

Apollo looked between the two, merely smiling rather then letting any of his thoughts about the two escape. Only time would tell how suitable they would be for the Jedi lifestyle, but for now he would offer each of them training that would test their devotion and weather them for the life they were about to adapt to.

”œI can train both of you, though Eric I must ask you what sort of skills you have and how you would like to go about living the life of a Jedi.”

Sorath Nere looked around the temple as he tightened his face cloth. As he walked towards a cargo ship, he realized he wasn't ready yet. If they wanted more Jedi, they could come find him, not the other way around. Sorath made a dfeal with the pilot who just nodded and accepted it.

After a student showed up Damon released his hold of the force.

"Hello Mrakhh. Hard worker you are? To learn you want? Understandable. We will see how much of hardworker you really are. This is my padawan Gavin. He has been with me for a bit now. He has just started his learning with me. However he still could teach as well. For instince. Gavin."

Damon turned his attetion to his padawan.

"I want you to jump up and down three times. Afterwards, with the new focus you have obtained I want you to open yourself to the force. Then do to your body what you did to the stone on Ossus. This feat is called a force jump. You should jump higher with the force. Now show me and Mrakhh when you are ready."

Turning back to Mrakhh and a few of the other hopefulls who have wondered in.

"Please pay attetion as this is somthing you will be required to do by a master later."

Gavin nodded to his master and began jumping. Once, twice, three times. He was rising roughly a meter off the ground. The last time he let his eyes flutter closed and tried to find what he had found back on Ossus. That calm center that would allow him to lift himself up. Once he thought he had obtained it, he focused himself and invisioned himself floating up and up and up and then he used his legs like a springboard and jumped, propelling himself a good 6 meters off the ground, coming back to land lightly on the metal floor.

He turned towards Damon and nodded.

((Sorry for the short post- I have just lost motivation to post right now because of other characters and things going on IC and OCC. I'm going to Seattle, so I'll see y'all on like the 15th. This will be the last time I log in until then.))

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

Mrakhh nodded in understanding as Damon talked to him. Then, just as Damon told him to do, he turned to who Damon called Gavin to see him achieve the 'Force Jump'. Mrakhh watched as Gavin jumped once, twice, three times and then jumped at least 6 meters in to the air. Mrakhh was awed. Never in his life had Mrakhh seen such a jump. Mrakhh was now very eager to learn about the 'Life-Force' or as people here called it 'The Force'.

He turned back to Damon and said

"Mrakhh would be very much pleased if he could learn such feats as that."

((OOC: Mrakhh does not know Damons name but I used it anyways because it would be a very confusing post considering there are two people in the room.))

5xdgpzt.jpg

Xodus hesitated for a moment. He looked to the Jedi's droid that stood next to him. He gave him the same look as his master did. So, Xodus did as he said. He sat on the ground, crossed his legs, and closed his eyes. He told him to open his mind.

What the hell does that mean? Xodus commented in his head.

The only thing he could think about was him holding a lightsaber, and becoming a full-fledged Jedi.

I suppose he just wants me to clear it..

So, Xodus did so. He erased all images and thoughts from his mind. It was hard, but he managed to accomplish it. When his mind was cleared, he figured the Jedi would realize this.

Xodus.jpg

Ads, continuing into the new room, looked around to see what he could see. Ads liked training rooms; they were good for learning and practicing. Ads knew he needed practice, so the practice room was a good sight.

As Maroon Lotus asked Helbrecht the question, Ads turned towards Helbrecht. Ads waited politely, smiling. Ads was happy.

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

Helbrecht walked with Maroon, Ads not far behind.

"Well, sir. I haven't found out much about the order. There isn't much in public records. Mostly history. As far as my personal skills go, I'm excelled at aiding others. Normally through council."

He watched as his new master leaned against the wall to relax. Ads, not long behind his master, stood patiently, smile blaring from his face. Helbrecht continued to remain polite and serene, not allowing his anxiousness show.

Finally! After all my travel. Years aboard ships, working off my transportation fees, and I've finally found a master willing to train me. As a Jedi, I can finally make a difference.

"Well done Gavin. Your use of the force to aid you in your pyshicall feats. Belive it or not using the jump is one of things you must learn so that you can learn to use the other abillites that you must learn to become a jedi. Sit for now. For what I wan you to do next you will need all of your focus. So sit and find that focus and then harness it for you will need to be able to heal."

Gavin did as he was told and began to meditate. With that done the student was waiting for him.

"Hopefully you were paying attetion. Otherwise your not as much of a learner as you will need to be. During that final jump you should of been able to feel the use of the force. The force itself is the energy that surrounds everything. This energy is what we as jedi work with to complete many task as messegners of the force as well as many other things. Before I go further, if you have any questions ask them now. By the way, I am a Jedi Master and consualr. My name, is Damon Yue."

Raitaro Nodded at Ichi, permitting him to go and study.

"Use the Cybercomm I gave you, so as not to disturb my apprentices focus."

Raitaro focused on his Padawan.

"Good... Now I need you to stretch out with your feelings. Leave your body behind. Feel the sands around you. Feel the cold rock walls. See me in your mind. Listen... To the force... and you will become its tool."

Raitaro3.jpg

Lotus felt the man's eager nature to begin his training; whispers of it came to him through the force. He motioned for both of them to take a seat on the floor, in the center of it, next to each other.

”œI want you both to focus your minds, but do not clear them of thought. Pull up the memories of your past so they are in the forefront of your mind, I will know when you continue”¦”

Helbrecht only nodded to his master and sat. He knew Lotus would be watching the thoughts he and Ads were to forfeit. He decided he would prefer to pick and choose which ones he would be looking at. Quickly he managed to shutout the outside world and reflect inward, searching through the echoing halls of his memory. Torrents of harsh words and brutal actions flooded his mind but he remained calm, searching for the few select memories he felt his master wanted. Soon images of his parents floated to the top of the pool of memory, showing a scene Helbrecht found endearing and an important part of his life.

It was on a family trip to the hub of Coruscant. They had been planning it for months, and now everything was coming to fruit. They had seen the sights, the museum, the senate, they even walked past the temple. His father threw him over his shoulders and he would sit there for most of the day, his father's shoulders like a command post where he could see all. They had seen the glory of the galaxy that day, the beauty of the planet and it's teaming life made him realize, even at an early age, that this beauty needed preservation. It depends on others to keep it alive. Helbrecht vowed that day to do whatever he could to preserve this beauty.

Helbrecht's mind finished the thought and continued the spiral torrent through the more intricate parts of his mind, searching for an equally relevant scene. The torrent of his mind spun faster and faster, quickly getting beyond his control until one thing stood out. He realized what it was and drug it out of it's cache.

Three men were trying to rob a man as Helbrecht had been walking by. He quickly stepped in, telling them that there was no need for this idiocy and that they should leave forthwith. The three men merely laughed and lunged at Helbrecht, their attention now askew to this interruption. He was defenseless. The innocent man had managed to get away, but at Helbrecht's expense. He was injured badly, held in the bacta tanks for what seemed like weeks. When he was revived and recalled the situation, he made a point to seeking out better means of defending the weak. Of fighting the injustice that seemed to be growing perpetually.

There was one thought left he knew that Lotus would want to see if he truly wanted to know his nature. Back through the chaos, Helbrecht knew exactly where he needed to go. Twisting and turning through the inner folds of his mind, he pulled out a portion of his past that he kept in the front of his mind. Something he reflected on daily as a reminder of what he was working for.

"I need to know what you know. Tell me what you saw"

"About a dozen men. The dropped from thee different speeders from three different directions at once. The five men they were gunning for didn't see it coming."

"What did the men look like?"

"The dozen men were completely covered in black, as expected. They were dressed as the Raptor gang, though I did manage to see a small emblem of a popular gang on the brim of one of the men's hat. I believe they were a different gang in disguise to throw everyone off and possibly blame the Raptors for the violence."

"Excellent observation lad. You have helped immensely in our investigation."

The man turned to leave, but hesitated at his speeder. He talked over his shoulder, and quickly at that.

"Come by the temple some time. There is a test I would like to give you."

Helbrecht now relaxed himself, letting Lotus reach into whatever history he had left. He just wanted to make sure he saw these particular images. The maelstrom subsided, and Helbrecht let out a deep breath.

Ichi made his way to the temporary library the Jedi set up until the temple was finished. It wasn't complete, but it had what Ichi was looking for. He sat down at a terminal and plugged in. Series of windows popped up on the terminal and Ichi began scanning each topic until he came to the one he was looking for. Combat forms. Endless more pages were instantly access and more closed.

My master will probably wish me to spar with his new apprentice eventually. I should learn to use a lightsaber to properly instruct him.

He access the necessary files and began downloading. The forms all required some use of the force, but Ichi's fast reflexes would make up for some of that. He unplugged and began to follow through the seven forms to make sure the worked correctly with his interface.

Ads sat down. He focused his mind on the past...

He was on Aaris III for the Death Strikers, but he left...

He was on Rafa IV, and he was murdered by Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi...

He was fighting in the Battle of Coruscant, but was killed by ShadowFett...

He was being kidnapped by a Sith and taken to Mimban for the Dark Lord of the Sith to torture... ((something that still has no explanation IC...))

He was a captain in the Republic Fleet...

He was fighting in the all-out Good vs. Evil Battle of Midsengard...

Ads sat still, eyes closed, trying to remember the rest of his life, but he couldn't...all he had was the ghost of a memory of the rebellion that he'd remembered while on Aaris III...

V4yWwXl.png

Raitaro activated his cybercomm and sent a message.

"Ichi... Take the Promethean Fire and meet up with Amon at the specified coordinates. I need you to act as my proxy. There are a few experiments in the Lab, take them with you."

Raitaro3.jpg

Ichi nodded to no one and left the library heading for the ship. He checked the experiments his master was talking about. They would need more time, but they would do should it be necessary. He started up the Promethean Fire and headed toward Trulalis.

Lotus noticed the differences in the two men's lives as well as the casual assumptions made by Eric.

"Release your past, it will prepare you for the future. This life is a difficult one...release all your past and free yourself of all thought."

Lotus wasn't sure if they could achieve such a state, but it would make it easier to touch the force if they could. Once in such a state, they would feel it's gentle currents like a barely there wind. The more adept they became at touching it, the better they'd feel the wind that was the force.

I no longer have use for my past anyway. I've learned it's lessons and am better for it. Dawdling upon what could have been or what was detracts from what is and what will be. The only things that matter are today and tomorrow.

Helbrecht continued to sit, his mind still open from Maroon's prior request. With practiced patience, he dove back into the vortex that was his memory and quelled it. Slowing down the torrent so that it may become serene, still.

The more he tried, the more his mind fought back, unwilling to fall to whim. Slowly Helbrecht tried to remember what his grandfather had taught him.

There are times where you need to clear your mind to think clearly. The outside world will try to interfere with your thoughts. You must learn to calm yourself, let loose the world. Try something to take your mind off things. Try watching this rock grow. Ignore what the world has told you about rocks and let go. Let go of everything.

Helbrecht snapped back from the memory and opened his eyes. He looked around to spot a small garden. It had probably been created to promote serenity and peacefulness, which is exactly what he was going to use it for. He picked a rock and stared, watching it intently. Though it never grew, he stared no the less. Waiting for the impossible. His mind was consumed with the though of the rock and everything else seemed to fade away, back to the inner depths of his mind to be locked away until needed.