Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

The pirate-salvager blinked. Had she really accepted his offer on premise alone? Either she was that hard up for cash or a junky for near-death experiences. Still, if she was a droid, she was a darn good one and if she was anything else, she was resourceful enough to piece herself back together.

Leaning back in his chair, the squirrelly green being scratched at the fur on his chin lime he was combing a fine beard, “Hmmmmm. I am greatly supposing that the proposition of a limb is of unappealing nature to you?” He asked without really expecting an answer.

Leaning back forward, the Squib jerked a thumb at the drooling barabel that he had witnessed the droid-woman-beast-thing best with ease. “What say you to a flat trade,” he waggled the datachip  in his hand. “One personal contract for another of equal or greater likey value. What are his terms of bonky head capturing and money moola collecting?”

image.png.daf7e9c75e1f2acba314151d968a7e3b.png

The Squib’s entire face lit up at the offer. So clean, so concise, so open to interpretation. As long as the data stick had something on it, he was off the hook. The pirate doubted a slimy fingerprint counted. Fortunately for him, he was not bluffing. The coordinates to Byss, the comm code to contact the still unidentified passenger on Felucia, and even a vague description of what was expected on the mission were all on the drive; after one broke the relatively simple randomized passcode the Squib had put on it to keep bosey bellies out that was.

”You big bombad trader in addition to your much mighty fine looks and robotical heart equivilants.” He responded, snapping his fingers. “We have a most holy and sacred binding deal. Let none, not even gods, icky demons, or the mysterio force undo it.”

Almost immediately a half dozen Squibs of varying colorations materialized from the shadows of the cantina. Each was armed to the teeth with what they called ‘salvaging equipment’. The heavy weapons clearly meant for something else. With a point from their leader, the Squibs scooped up the barabel and shackled his arms and feet before scurrying out the door with the groggy dazed lixard on their shoulders.

Reaper Joe turned from watching the show back to Zaris. He smiled, his mouth wide in a slightly unsettled rodent toothy grin. “Much great pleasurabilities doing thebtradey trade talksies business with you robot lady. Remembering to remind your memories of Squibian no take backing laws and of sacred duties to adhere to all portions of contrscts both talky verbalizarioned and written in messy bloods, inks, or other digitized dataing formulations. We, the greatest tribe of all great Squib tribes, loom forward to conducting large grand wholesome binding dealing trades with you again in the many futures. Good day!” And with that, Reaper Joe slapped the datachip on the table, hopped down from his chair and scurried out the door into the night. He hoped that he and his men could be far enough away before the woman realized the chip was password encrypted and even further if and when she found the clause contained within binding her to future jobs assisting one Jedi Master Healer, Leena Kil, at Squibian discretion, of course.

Edited by Leena Kil

**An encrypted message dinged on Xeris Mons’ communicator, what followed was not a prerecorded holomessage, but a written correspondence on Jedi letterhead**

Ms Mons,

Your offer of assistance is much appreciated. If Reaper Joe has asked you to assist me, I am sure that you are quite qualified. I do wonder if our Squib associate left out some certain key details. You seem to know more than I do at this point. Reaper Joe was supposed to be locating an unidentified world for me and arranging transport for myself and a few associates to investigate an unknown force disturbance.

The payment you are requesting, may be higher than I am able to provide. The 10% of the base can be provided to you upon your arrival at Felucia. In addition, if you are taking this task from Reaper Joe and company, I can extend the same offering to you as has been given to them. Any salvageable scrap and wares, the owners of which cannot be identified or who have been labelled enemies of the Order, and having no intrinsic monastic value to the Jedi Order are, by rights, salvageable and obtainable by, in this case, you, one Zeris Mons.

I look forward to meeting with you. At this time, I am awaiting the arrival of my associates and upon the arrival of our team, we will be ready to depart under your expert piloting and navigational guidance.

Signed

Leena Kil

Leena Kil

Jedi Master Healer

Edited by Leena Kil