Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

Rinnian walked backto his ship. Juurgh had alredy departed for Togoria for some weird ritual that Rinnian was not allowed to attend. He told a Rebel trooper to tell Admiral Flash that he was traveling to coruscant for a while, and he would be back in another few days.

((OOC: I'm going to the Last Call, the Galactic Gunshop, and a few other places.))

OOC: this is the almost uninhabitable south pole of hoth, void of any action, so do not reply to these posts.

IC:

From the shadows, a figure rises. Corban stepped out of the bacta container. He had crash landed his ship (or made it look like it, anyway), and re-wired his bacta tank to make him hibernate. His naked form stepped onto the cold deckplates, a red, sticky liquid dripping off his lithe body. He looked around for a moment, and then he breathed. Cold air stung his lungs. It had been too long for him, too long for any person.

He was a traitor, and he had deserved to die, yet somehow he escaped onto this cursed planet. He had thrown off all allegiances, to the space pirates, to Black sun, and even to the Hutts. He was in a Hutt ship now, and he needed to return it, lest the Hutts would discover that he was still alive and come after him. Corban exhaled. The frosty mist slowly blew from the cold orifice he called his mouth. Thoughts started to come back to him, of before the hibernation. Of his friends, family, and even.....

His brother. Corban wondered what happened to him. Was he dead? Truly dead, no clones, no genetic material to make clones? Of course there was. There was always the possibility....Clothes. He was getting rather cold, as the outside environment had rapidly altered the inside temperature, despite the insulation and occasional heating periods. Thoughts came back to him, and he reached for a drawer to his left. His normal clothes were in there, as well as a pair of his boots. Another drawer under it held his usual armament of grenades and custom blasters. Fully dressed in the dim emergency lights, he had a thought. his gruff voice came out, and he was suprised, as he had not used it in so long that he had become unaccustomed to it.

"Computer, lights, and give me a temporal readout on the medbay main screen."

Bright lights flared up, and corban remembered a critical part of why he was here. "Computer, is the electronic masking net still operational?" The feminine voice loaded, and then replied, "Affirmative."

Good. The screen booted, and displayed current time. It had been a year or so since the hibernation, and Corban's betrayal. Corban was counting on people forgetting he even existed. The first stop on his next flight was an altering shop on coruscant. He was to get his face slightly altered, so people would not recognize him. He would get his retna's altered at the same place, and assume a different identity altogether. He already had a name in mind: Aryian Darkfire. It would be a sad day in hell before someone tracked him down again. He was a electronics expert, and trained as a mercenary.

It was time. Corban walked towards the bridge.

Mess with me and say good-bye to your bank accounts. The king of all hackers is back.

*Flash looked over the papers and nodded*

"Seems in order to me..."

*A Rebel trooper interrupted and stepped into the office, the officer saluted*

"Sorry for the disturbance sir, but Rinnian wanted me to tell you that he's travelling to Coruscant for a while, and that he would be back in a few days"

*Flash nodded and gave a lazy salute*

"Roger that soldier, thanks for the heads up"

*The soldier saluted and left the room. Flash turned back to Jouste*

"Back to business, yes, everything seems in order and I approve of you taking him into your wing. Has he seen any combat experience yet?"

((OOC: Has he RP'ed before?))

flash.jpg

Rinnian set the T-fighter down with hardly a bump. He hopped out of the cocckpit and landed once again in knee-deep snow...He looked around for the base and saw the same lights in the distance again, only this time, they seemed farther away. He cursed.

Sith, not again! They need to get a beacon or something.

He trudged onward toward the lights.

*Flash's intercom beeped, Flash pushed it*

"Sir, we have a T-Wing which came in from orbit and landed a kilometer away from the base. We've detected a single human male who's making his way here."

*Flash sighed*

"Don't worry corporal, get a squad of troops on some tauntauns and bring Rinnian back. Oh and send out a utility sled to tow in the T-Wing. Oh and one moooooore thing[/uncle voice], set up the sims with scenario overwhelm. We'll be using it shortly."

*The annoyed officer grumbled*

"Yes sir...."

*Flash turned back to Jouste*

"Well once Jeral gets here we'll start"

flash.jpg

Jeral, and the rest of his B-wing unit, entered to the barren wasteland of Hoth's snowy planet. He smirked of the thought that he would be participating in dangerous missions and rigorous flying. He and his fleet circled the snow planet searching for the almost hidden base that was nearly cloaked in snow. With Jeral's experienced eyes, he spots a trance of the base communications tower.

-----This is Jeral of the Red Group squad, I'm sending the access codes.....waiting for reply------

The Red Group continued to circle the base waiting anxiously with anticipation.

Rinnian walked through the open hangar doors andlooked around. His ship was being towed, but it didnt seem right for some reason. He shrugged and walked toward Flash's office. He reached it and stopped in the doorway. He gave a salute, flinging pieces of ice all over the office from his numb fingers.

Sir I would like to inform you that this is one of the most well-hidden bases I have ever not seen. Reporting for duty sir. Whats up?

He glanced at the newcomer. He extended his hand.

Name's Rinnian. Rinnian Elanos. Ground forces commander. Who might you be?

Talon smiled at the mention of a simulation. Finally something to do. He may have to act as a laison, but Talon was a born warrior. It was what he was created to do. While the outsiders were still filing in, Talon piped up.

"This time, I'm in."

The others turned and looked at him, half unbelieving. Apparently it was out of the question to allow a former Jedi Master to go out and play with the pilots. Who could blame them. It did seem a little unfair ( ). Talon's grin turned into smirk. "But I use my ship."

He pulled from one of the many folds in his robe a small disc. The disc contained the virtual equivalent of his droid and ship. He found himself carrying it a lot lately. He was glad he had it with him now...

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

Rinnian smirked right back.

Do I care? I can survive the likes of you. Don't know bout vapin' you, but I can definetely stand up for myself...Jedi Master my foot...

Edited by Guest

Talon's smile instantly turned devilish. If only he knew... He hated pilot jocks.

Talon reached out into the force. The other onlookers noticed a sudden change in Rinnian's expression. The smile had dissapeared, replaced with a slight frown. Prespiration began to drip down his forhead, and a look of quesiness overtook him. He only lasted several seconds from Talon's trick. He keeled over and vomitted. The very strength from his body seemed to leave him with the vomit, and Talon could visibly see his legs shake as if he was about to collapse.

"What was that you were saying?"

Character Sheet

"STOP IT! BOTH OF YOU! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PROFESSIONALS! Rinnian, Talon here is a very important member of the alliance, his force powers are unreplaceable. That comment was totally out of hand. Talon, causing Rinnian to vomit like that was very immature, don't do that again. We won't have a chance of fighting the empire if we fight amongst ourselves."

flash.jpg

Corban prepped the ship once he was inside. He would need to go back to coruscant and steal a ship, or some credits to buy a ship.......Hmmm. More memories flood his once thoughtless head. He almost absentmindedly hit three buttons on the main control board. One word came up: password. He thought, but couldn't seem to remember his password, it was just on the tip of his memory........Ronin. He keyed the word, no, not the word, his brother's name, and files came up. Corban scrolled through them, remembering what they were one by one. One in particular caught his eye though, and the file was titled Treasures of a Foolhardy World. Corban opened it quickly, and a backdoor link to the main banking network on Coruscant popped onto the computer screen. He had been good, very good. He wondered if it still worked. He transferred 25 million credits from random accounts into a master account. ....and then he thought better of it. This was not the style that was Corban Wartide. It was hard to remember who he was, what he did. He retransferred all the money back into the accounts, and then only took 200,00 credits, which he deposited into eighteen different accounts, all over coruscant. Finally, the file auto-erased his virtual footprints across Coruscant's electronic network.

Alarms went off. Corban's hands flew, bringing up a manual hacking program. The alarms, his foggy memory reminded him, were to indicate that sensor sweeps had found something. The bank system would be alerted within one minute. Corban typed like he never typed before. Searching...searching...searching..FOUND! Corban found a backdoor trapweb designed to instantly trap info on random people and detach from the system. This was new stuff. He had never seen this stuff before. Before...when he was Corban, was he Corban?, There was nothing like this around. GOT TO THINK!!! Corban continued typing. The timer on the side counted down. 30 seconds. Corban typed. 23 seconds. every time he glanced, he typed faster. 11 seconds. 5. 4. 3. 2..........it stopped. the words RECORDS DELETED, TOP SCORE! appeared at the top of the screen. For a few minutes, Corban loathed himself. He had accidentally brought up a game. The alarms sounded only because of a slight problem with an engine subtemperature, he later found out, and that was normal, coming out of Hoth.

Corban angled the ship for Coruscant, and stars strecthed into long, shiny lines. He got up, and went to his former personal quarters. He would try to sleep for the four hours it took to travel to Coruscant.

Mess with me and say good-bye to your bank accounts. The king of all hackers is back.

((OOC: wasnt that RPing my char without my permission? ))

IC:Rinnian swiped away the remnants of his lunch.

Sorry Admiral. It wont happen again.

Okay I looked, to a point Rinnian yes it kind of was posting your actions, but it also was not. he didn't post you attacking or anything, or post your words. Talon Flick is a Jedi, and he has don't that particular force trick for more then a year. he only posted you throwing up, not dieing.

Carry on...

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

*The reminents of the CorSec fleet, a few unarmed freighters and two fighters dropped down on Hoth's surface. As the ships landed Yakooza unstrapped a modified winter swoop bike and opened the loading ramp of the freighter he was in.

The swoop bike rode up to the gathering rebellion forces and Yakooza dismounted.*

Who's in charge here?

The lawlessness of this galaxy will end, even if I don't live to see it.

Rinnian heard the commotion in the hangar. He looked at Flash

I'll take care of it.

He herded his way into the hangar and came to the front of the crowd. He crossed his arms.

Who wants to know?

Rinnian returned the stare.

Flash Taxso, he's the commander here. I'm Rinnian Elanos, in charge of ground ops at this base. Are you here to join the Rebellion?

Rinnian looks at the man like he was bored.

Drake Vortex.

Rinnian jerked a thumb over his shoulder casually.

But since he's not here at the moment, I suggest you see Admiral Flash in his office back there. Third door on the right. You can't miss it.

Talon turned his gaze to Flash. He held high respect for the man- he was a leader who stepped up to the challenge and adapted to the situation at hand, but he still had much to learn about the responibilities a leader had to take. Not only must the leader be ready to help his troops in battle, but he had to be ready to help his troops out of battle, and not only in the way of simulations.

"With all due respect, Flash, the boy had it comin' to him. I've seen more battles then probably everyone else here combined, and I know what it takes to win a war. And I'll tell you its not by having fighter pilot jocks who think their king of the universe. They have spunk, and I like that, but war ain't a game. They need training and discipline before they can even stand a chance against the Imps, or the Sith for that matter. I would have thought a person like you would know that already."

OOC((sorry for editing this post a little after the fact. I edited while u were posting. I was trying to edit before you posted again, bcuz the i had to cut the first one short, as we only have one phone line here, and sometimes other unnamed people have to use the phone.... lol.))

Edited by Guest

Character Sheet

"I completely agree Talon. We need discipline if we are to defeat the Empire.I know I am guuilty of it, but I have also seen some wars and survived. I know what this will take out of fighter pilots. I also know our groundtroops will need lots of work from our new grounds officer. We could also use some new armor for our groundtroops. And if you dont mind. I would think of creating a fighter squadron made of an entirely new design, that we can use to suprise the Empire. Thats my opinion anyway."

Warren leans against an ice wall, and awaits the decision.

When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted.