Space

Ary the Grey

Since it was over her DNA structure now, Leialla responded in the traditional Wookie speak accustomed to the bestial race. The series of guttural roars were harsh sounding, but as of now came natural to the Shi'ido as she continued talking.

"Well, if you are asking politely," Leialla said with a slight spark to her new hair roaring accent. "I can understated everything you are saying mainly because I myself studied in multiple languages. I am fluent in over 30 languages although I have never really been able to speak all of these dialects as well before," she added with a positive inclination. "As to who I am and what I can do... Well, my name is Leialla Clia Madornja, I am an adept diplomat with keen political skill in both kind and unkind discourse. I am trained as I said before in writing and reading more than 30 languages across the galaxy, I am proficient with most blaster weapons and..." Leialla was about to continue when she attempted to probe the mind of the bounty hunter that had questioned her. Her mind percolated with concentration as her eyes wandered about the ship so as not to beg the question, but what the Shi'ido found was not even a resistance pushed against her...

So does the brilliant Slicer have no brain? She thought to herself idly... NO, he must be a droid!! or... a living breathing inanimate object. Hmmm... I'm going with droid...

".... Oh sorry, anyway... I am master at both of my racial talents. I can shift, race, gender, body size/shape; I can change my clothing at will and carry stuff inside of me as I shift as you saw before. Also I carry a bit of non-force based telepathy in my genetic coding as well. Our race primarily uses it to convince other races that we are them; to convince them that we are acting and smelling just as they are. It was vital for gathering information on other planets." Leialla finished with a deep sigh that ended in a rather large growl. "In actuality though I would never really have disclosed that information if I didn't think I wouldn't be coming back from this mission."

Leialla grumbled a little bit as she got up, her balance a little shifted, but walked about just fine. "Either way I know I am going to die, but I'm glad I'm at least doing something before I die and not sitting in a chair waiting for it to happen."

Edited by Guest
Leialla2.png

He gave the wookiee lady pause as she told her story. Back straight he leaned forward as if truly interested and yes on some level he was. It was in his nature. He liked to know things, it was almost additive in his willingness to know things and then catalog it and store it for later. He used to put that knowledge to good use by then using what he found to build something or be inspired to build something. However, he had found the most interesting game was the building and dealing with people.

Still a slight buzzing caught him unawares, and he mentally reflected back to as where the call could have originated from. This of course took him away from the barks and roars the creature before him was making, and so he merely caught a snippet of her last words.

"With a name like Leialla Clia Madornja I shall have to assume you are a lady then. A lady with a death wish it seems."

He physically turned to face the console while turning the music down in order to take the call.

"I suppose you figure I have no intention of dying and felt the story needed to be given to some one, if only to get the facts straight."

Just like the dying man on the battlefield who tells his buddy to take care of his wife for him.

He scrolled through the message in mere moments, before pulling out of hyperspace. Moments later they were launched once more right back into the Technicolor stream.

"Strap in, I am making a stop, and we are going to land soon."

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

* The moments fewer now, the night was coming upon this city, glow of the city lights made him uneasy. He preferred the darkness of night. He could think of it now, the in coming ship. These unruly and the unjust, the evil darken heart. That he will take up arms with. Jeng did a mental check to prepare for what ever comes from that ship. *

Jeng: Dealer ready all combat functions and be on the alert, these trust harddee fools, maybe have no idea what is about to befall them.

Dealer: Yes Master.....

* Jeng could feel some thing inside of him self some aura of sorts strange and unfetchable to him, he though ! *

Jeng: Could this be my last

The True Power lays in the Dark Side of the force only their is when you can truly be one with the Force - Sith Lord Jeng Dorga -

The tour through the prison had been relatively routine. All those who had bought tickets had had any weapons removed and placed inside a collection bin; their IDs each individually scanned and entered into a security computer. This was a slight issue for Vaegir, having recently been released from a lengthy stasis period, his ID was long gone.

”œAnd where is your identification, kid?”

Edited by Guest
Rez2.png

The news of such a large assault on the Empire's stronghold stunned Granta for a millisecond. He was nervous and excited about what his role in such a grand battle might be, but the admiral had already decided on what he was to do. As the fleet jumped to hyperspace Cadio spoke.

"Tell me lieutenant, how do you feel about special ops?"

Granta's eyes widened with joy as he heard Cadio. He braced himself slightly on a control panel, as the floor lurched a bit as they jumped past lightspeed. He was ready... His mind flashed back to his expeditionary force in the Cularin Militia on one of the Corellian Trade Spine's darker worlds. He straightened his back and saluted. He smiled as he spoke, his voice quivering slightly, with excitement. This would be his first opportunity to perform for his superiors, not to mention kill some Imperials...

”œSir, it would be an honor! I will perform admirably! Tell me, Sir, What is my target?”

MONTJOY.png.ad2fbabd682c0f3d1aa381340ecdf194.png

Chaos and confusion ran amok through-out the prison's walls, including Kiff as the alarms flared and the cages opened, allowing their contents to pour out in a freedom seeking frenzy. But in the room housing Kiff, things weren't so simple. Rouke jumped forward as Kiff's cell deactivated, as did his fellow guardsmen as Kiff stepped forward into freedom, a devilish grin encompassing his face. He was free once again, and now that the taunts had ended, his hands would bring reckoning. Rouke, in disbelief, could only stand and stare. But the others quickly reacted and a swarm came at Kiff, three guards to come and three guards to fall.

Kiff, unarmed at the moment, took down his first opponent almost immediately. With a swift and solid impact to his face, Kiff's wall like fist sent the first guardsmen to the ream of dreams, a spine curling crunch as his jaw folded and broke beneath the pressure. With blood spilt, Kiff and those that advanced upon him knew that it would only end with more. And yet, despite this knowledge, they still chose to charge. Grabbing a small standard issue stun baton that found it's self clipped upon the belt of the fallen guard, Kiff quickly turned his attention to the remaining two.

That was, until Rouke joined in Kiff's escape, the man knocking down his comrades with the elongated hilt of a vibrostave.

"What are you doing?" Questioned Kiff, the Kiffar lost in the confusion of Rouke's aid. Kiff had expected him to remain at bay and out of the fight, but never aiding Kiff in his escape. It seemed downright stupid. "What about your job and your family?"

"They'll be just fine." Rouke said with a hearty chuckle, extending his arm which Kiff returned in gesture. "Besides. I grew tired of the corruption and political escapades long ago. It's time i moved on."

Kiff made his way to the cache containing his weapon and inventory, quickly equipping himself before the two ventured forth, determination burned into the irises of their eyes. The path before them was laid out as they went by Rouke, who had seemingly worked here for nearly fifteen years since he left the Imperial Royal Guards, though it wouldn't be easy. On any given day, as Rouke explained, there was a total of twenty guards, three of which had been taken down by Rouke and Kiff. Excluding Rouke, that left sixteen to deal with the eight inmates. And as Kiff expected, they would have to deal with a few of the inmates as well.

"Luckily" Rouke spoke as they rounded each corner, cautiously going about as they moved forward. "We're not far from the nearest exit."

"Good." Kiff replied, noticing four guards approaching swiftly. "Here they come. Get ready."

Both returned the charge, Kiff planting his taser stave into the lower torso of one of the guards and sent the man to the ground while Rouke quickly dispatched two of the remaining without shedding one drop of blood. As the remaining guard fled, Kiff felt a hand grab his shoulder, causing Kiff to advert his gaze and fall upon Rouke's horrified face as he realized one of the inmates had caught him off guard. Removing his blade from Rouke's back, the inmate chuckled and took off before Kiff could even react. Looking down at his friend, Kiff felt for the first time in his life, an emotion called grief.

"Take my weapon Kiff." Rouke spoke, clots of red erupting in his coughs as he fought to not choke on his own blood. "It will aid in your escape."

"I can't friend." Kiff replied, bending down on one knee as he grasped his friend's hand tightly. "It should remain in your family as a honor to your services."

Rouke's eyes grew teary, but a laugh erupted instead.

"They're dead, Kiff. Ariana died of the fever, and Kat....Katrina died of grief." Rouke spoke, Kiff's realization of why the two got along so well an of Rouke's choice finally making sense. "It's a good day to die. Now go, and live on as the way you should.... a free man, Romeo."

Within moments, Rouke had taken his final breath. Hearing rushing noises behind him, Kiff stood and gripped tight the vibrostave that Rouke had begged him to take. And as he did so, memories of the weapon's history flew through his mind. It had been forged for Rouke upon his graduation, highest in his class and a warrior of great pride. It had served well in many battles, even against terrible odds. But more importantly, it had struck the final blow against Rouke's commanding officer which once won him his freedom from Ryloth.

Though these memories weren't vivid, and spaced out over a countless lifetime, it was enough to see Rouke had once been where Kiff was now. Within seconds, Kiff came to and saw his enemies approaching. Tears streamed from his face, the watery gloss that encompassed his eyes unable to hide the anger that became so apparent. And as he gazed upon the three guardsmen that came, Kiff found himself lost in desire. It was a desire to live, a desire to kill, a desire to destroy those who stood in his way. As his attacks began, horrific screams erupted through-out the compound. Kiff was on the war path.

The sounds of metal clanking and the spewing sounds of blood and flesh followed the path Rouke had laid out for Kiff, the Kiffar relentless in his escape. He charged forward, slicing guardsmen and pushing back the remaining. All in all, Kiff had taken down no more than five when he reached his exit. Battered and bruised, along with a few minor cuts and burns from blades and blasters, Kiff stepped out into the sunlit day. Looking around for a means of fleeing, Kiff noticed two things. One was a distant speeder, a 22-B Nightfalcon, a machine worthy of freeing from it's owner. And the second was a small boy, the young man Kiff had noticed among the group, the only one who seemed to see Kiff as he was.

"This boy... Could he be the...?" Kiff questioned as he gazed upon the boy, noticing the broken viewport above as well as the blaster burns to his back. "He released me?"

Placing Rouke's vibrostave next to the taser stave upon his back, Kiff quickly ran up to the boy and checked for signs of life. Amazed to see that he was indeed still alive, merely unconscious and without serious injury, Kiff rounded him up on his shoulders and made way toward the speeder. Though he knew nothing of the boy, his aid in Kiff's escape spoke of honor. It would serve no one for him to be left, and Kiff did owe it in return, if he did indeed rescue Kiff. Securing him on he speeder, Kiff soon took his own place and within moments, sped away and out of sight.

2qntq81.jpg

The Light shineth in the Darkness...

And the Darkness comprehended it not.

- John 1:5

The sudden rush of air about his skin greets Vaegir anew, eyes opening to the sight of the world rushing past in a blur of motion. For the moment he remains silent, right hand running along his bruised arm as he takes in the current situation.

Wait”¦.

With a start he sat up in the seat, letting his gaze fall over his newly freed companion. It was an odd sight indeed, much like meeting a famous actor face to face. Your expectations set so high only to find them to be very human much like you.

”œSo uh”¦ I'm not dead?”

Rez2.png

As quietly as the ship had arrived on world, it had departed, taking with it only one more thing, a pair of NR-1100 slicer droids. There was no record if its departed, and soon the crew was once again sitting comfortable in hypserpace, the swirling colors a stark contrast to the ship that travels at a speed faster than light.

Despite the need to fill in the new man on the plan, conversation was set between the AI incharge of navigation and the being in the cockpit. Little did anyone know of course that he was not piloting the ship. Yet it didn't matter as both creatures of the same design in a way, argued about the best course of action once arriving close to the coordinates. If it was a planet they were about to land on, they would need to come in as far away as possible. That meant coming out of hyperspace outside of the entire system and simply coasting in. It was doable but boring.

Flying low and fast would allow for perhaps a blip to arrive but, tracking the ship would be impossible. Eventually the course of actions was indeed settled upon, after some pulling on a few sticks as if engaging in the childish behavior of turning the ship around and going home, if it wasn't seen from a certain point of view. Granted that was not the case, as it had been more of an absent minded gesture, while the debate had raged but, it had given the impression he was indeed flying the ship.

Deciding he could no longer avoid the rest of his crew, he began a patrol route of the ship, starting with the bedded imperial. Cautiously he stalked the big wookiee that was no aboard his ship, before by passing her completely. She would do the job when the time came, and he didn't need to baby sit nor stare over her could to ensure that it would happen. He could perhaps spend time with the Sith, yet in the end he really desired solitute. Still he sought out the sith, as if all else the battle plan must be memorized, in case he fell in battle against this largely unknown threat.

ship

"Nope." Kiff spoke casually, the speeder rounding corners of the begotten city as they fled from the scene in a blurry blue haze. Shifting gears on the Nightfalcon, Kiff could only suspect that pursuers wouldn't be far behind them, causing the Kiffar to solemnly shake his head. "Not yet at least."

The city streets were filled slightly with the usual crowds, market goers, tourists on retreat, homeless citizens- your typical findings on many back water planets. So it was a rare sight to behold the frenzied passing for on lookers as the blue speeder ran by. Many just stayed glaring in wonderment into the distance even seconds after Kiff and his passenger disappeared upon the horizon. Some even dotted their sight back and forth from where they came and where they headed, searching idly for the cause of the commotion.

"So.." Kiff spoke once again, his right hand bringing the right steering rod down to the center of his gut as the speeder jolted down a narrow alley. "I take it you were the one who set me free. I offer my thanks stranger. But why risk your neck for me.."

Before Kiff could finish his words, two stray bolts of heated gas came whizzing by his head, causing him to jerk and nearly crashing the speeder in the process. Running it straight, Kiff looked back with disgust as he saw the three approaching pursuers, city guards by the looks of the emblems upon their uniforms. It just didn't seem like today was going to turn for the better. And now, as Kiff glanced toward the stranger who had released him, it seemed he would bring him down as well. Cutting another corner, more stray shots nearly took them from their seats. Luckily, due to his odd jobs, Kiff had driven many a speeder whether working on them as a mechanic or doing errands.

"This IS not a good day to die."

Just as the thought crossed his mind, Kiff was struck by one of the blaster bolts in the thigh, causing the speeder to veer off once more- nearly striking a pedestrian. Groaning in pain, Kiff leveled it once more, his gaze adverting quickly to check the damage only to find relief in the flesh wound. Though it burned and stung as all minor burns did, he would live from it. However, this also gave Kiff a plan. With a slight grin despite the pain, Kiff plotted as he turned yet another corner as he zigged and zagged through the city streets, trying to evade any more damage to them or their means. At least, until it came time.

"I have an idea" Kiff spoke to Vaegir a he viewed back to check on his passenger. "When i say jump, jump."

It was a short command, but right to the point. Kiff knew they only stood one chance of survival, and that was to die. Or rather, fake their death. The rouse would only hold a while, but perhaps long enough to leave behind this forsaken planet. Searching his surroundings for their means, Kiff saw it. For up ahead of them he saw a trash collector turning toward the street that ran parallel to the one they were on. It would be a long shot, but if he timed it right, it may just work. Speeding on ahead to gain the needed distance, Kiff turned a near ninety degree turn and came up along side of the collector.

"Jump" yelled Kiff, shoving Vaegir into the collector before throwing his own self off. Landing on his back, Kiff watched as an explosion rocked their container and erupted a flame and puff of smoke nearly three stories high as the speeder crashed into a nearby shop. However, as Kiff rose his head to look without being seen, he noticed their escape had taken two lives. Perhaps for the best as the DNA would likely take days to return. But still, Kiff himself didn't like that two souls had to be offered up for theirs.

They were dead for now, just as Kiff had hoped, but at what cost?

2qntq81.jpg

* Jeng sat in his room preparing for the journey ahead of him, Jeng though to him self. *

I must know more of this mission and it's facts, I feel we are heading into the abyss and we are to not return. I must speak with the Sith Master.

*Jeng stands up and calls Dealer on his Comm,*

Dealer, ready my armor and my weapons. I'm going to speak with the Master.

Dealer: Of course my Lord, The equipment will be ready when you return.

Jeng: As well set aside my Sith Alchemy Apparatus, I well make some thing for our new changling. She or He will enjoy this gift.

* Jeng goes to the Comm on the wall, and buzz the cockpit,*

My, Master may I have a few more moments of your time. I am no fool, I understand you have a great many thing to ready for our mission.

The True Power lays in the Dark Side of the force only their is when you can truly be one with the Force - Sith Lord Jeng Dorga -

"Comical, I was just coming to see you."

He slipped into the room rather seamlessly, almost as if he had always been there. Taking a datapad from his belt he tossed it over to the Sith for his viewing pleasure.

"Everything is outlined, secondary objectives and contingency plans. Any questions? "

ship

* Jeng looked over the data pad.*

Jeng: I will enter the main check point with the two droids and the changer, we will make our way to the control room, lay waste to anything in our way. Then we will take over the control room, set a course to Dantoonie if at all possible. If not then self the station to destroy its self. Leave as quickly as humanly possible.

* Jeng now walked from one side of this room to the other, though to him self. This is all the makings of a mission with death on it, not just for the Jedi and those laying in wait on the space station. Those you are coming to take it over as well. *

Jeng: Your plan is clear, I give my life to this cause. Yet Sith, I hold you to our arrangement. I warn you do not cross me, I care not that your are my senior in the force. I will call upon many evil things to make sure you remember be for the rest of your life Sith.

* Jeng on a impulse felt his hand slide near his Saber, yet something in his mind told him to hold. you can trust him, he will not make you out to be a fool. Your goals are the same.. At this moment Jeng let his hand fall to his side.*

Jeng: Forgive my tone, I simply do not wish to be forgotten. Is my point, to not show weakness. Your plan is a strong one, our Mission clear. I follow you to the death. I thank you for your time Sith, I have much to ponder. Do you have anything you ask of me.

His manners were identical to his counterpart. It was for that reason alone, he raised an eyebrow at the Sith's sudden outburst. Discreetly as the Sith might have thought he was in reaching for his weapon, the bounty hunter had already noticed but had made no moves to stop it.

This is why I don't deal with Sith when I can help it.

He waited for the man to calm down before striding from the room.

"No that will be all Sith Lord."

Leaving the man behind the cockpit fired off a warning that he was approaching his objected. His pace quickened, nothing more nothing less and soon he slid in behind the controls.

Then in a single moment it was over, the techinocolor world that had surrounded him for so long disappeared with the reversion of real space stretching out for as far as his eyes could see.

Well, now at the edge of the system, undetectable. Time to take her in slow and steady. I've got time.

Creeping forward he really became nothing more than space debris, coasting into system as a speed just below sublight. Giving nothing away with so much to gain. Ship for the most part went dead, nothing to detect energy wise, and few if any scanners would have caught the ship to begin with.

Alright what are the coordinates for this anyway

His scanners the best in the biz were more than capable of scanning while revealing nothing about him or his position. At best they would be perceived as back ground radiation spewed forth from a nearby star. Still despite his scans ahead to his coordinates there was nothing but empty space where he had assumed there would be at least a planet.

Shutta, did the Empire give me the wrong coordinates?

Locking the cockpit, he put forth his full attention on located something.... anything. Drifting ever closer to his goal.

ship

((This is above Corusant. The RP between myself and Raven.))

Robert looked out the window in the Lambaa Shuttle. Corusant looked glorious with the sun setting. The ion particles were lighting up across the horizon.

"Sir. We are boarding the Strider in Thirty Ticks." One of the Pilots called out.

Robert glanced up through the view port. Up Front. The Strider was very intimidating in his opinion. He was glad he was inside these guys whenever fighting went on.

Shortly they landed in the bay, the Commander of the Ship was there waiting for him. "Permission to come aboard sir!" NcNamara and Adams walked down the plank and saluted.

"Permission granted, welcome home boys." The Commander returned the salute.

"Commander Thomas, have you gotten the Order for my squad as well?" Robert said.

"Yes, We are having an Old Cargo-Freighter brought in for your usage. Your squad is the only active squad on the ship at the moment, along with myself and a skeleton crew. The specialized pods were loaded last night. The ones with drills on them, some even had prods on them. I look forward for what your squad is going to do." Commander Thomas chuckled. "Frankly, I am quite excited."

"Aye sir, Thank you sir. Permission to speak?" Robert asked.

"You have it."

"There is another person that was reassigned to my squad. She is a former Sith and I request that the men are reminded to maintain their professionalism around her."

"It will be done. Is she with you?"

"No she should be here momentarily." Robert said.

"Alright, we shall wait here then to welcome her." The commander said.

"Aye sir, permission to send Lieutenant Adams to start mobilizing the men??"

"Granded."

"Lt. Adams go get the troops ready, have them pick out weapons and the like, when we see the ship we will devise a plan."

"Aye Aye Captain." Adams saluted.

NcNamara and Thomas returned the salute and walked away while Adams went to brief the men.

"So how yah been James?" McNamara asked, and two old friends chatted while awaiting the YT-1300 which had clearance to come aboard.

Chameleon.png

There are worse things than rusty spoons.
No... No there isn't.

”œJump?!?! WHAT?! ”œVaegir practically screamed his question at the Kiffar. He had only enough time to place his hands atop his neck before the shove came, sending him hurtling into the trash collector. The firrerreo landed within with a dull thud, the world about him growing dark and smelling like old cheese.

”œOh I am just LOVING today”¦”

Rez2.png

The Trigon's Fury emerged from the atmosphere of Coruscant, and made its way towards the distant Strider. Raven sat inside in the forgiving darkness of the cockpit. There were almost no lights aboard the ship, and the only light that came in was from the stars. The darkness reminded her of home in the dank caves.

The ship docked, and Raven had changed from her blue cloak, to a burgundy tunic, that hailed from her homeworld. She walked down the ramp and looked about for her captain. She frowned, and walked towards the blast doors”¦

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

Jaeger felt deeply disappointed in himself since he left Mandalore since.. several months ago.

'And the Republic's up their shebs..'

He would avenge them if something bad did happen, though. Good thing he was given a very generous offer from the Empire for ops business.

His fingers inched slightly to the navigator panel on his ship, the Skip, changing the coordinates to Mandalore. The panel changed and wanted to verify if this was the correct action- and Jaeger left the panel like that for several long, grueling minutes. He quickly averted his eyes as he cancled that change, and sat back in the chair.

'I.. should go. I really should.. But, what if the Republic doesn't even go head to head with them? What if they launch some sort of.. what are those called? The death-missle thing, I'm sure they've got one of those, and I'd probably use one too; no way I'm going to fight the Mando's on their terms..' Jaeger continued to talk to himself for another minute, blabbering on how it'd be a bad idea to form up on Mandalore- he would take the fight to the Republic. He would make sure to tell his CO that even though he'd be taking orders- he will get those New Republic scum. He will.

-Seven-four-one-seven, zero-four-seven-seven

Since she couldn't move Darla reached out with the Force. They were no longer on Bespin, she could no longer feel the life energies of the world's other inhabitants. In fact she could only feel the Force presence of one other being.

Darex.

He had saved her and taken her far far away.

Kakuto? What happned to him?

Darla grew more and more uneasy. Had he died? Had Darex killed him or left him behind to die? Although the thought made her feel sick she couldn't be mad at him. Kakuto had been a monster who had wronged the Galaxy beyond measure. Not to mention how he had personally tormented Darla.

Darex had every right to leave him for dead. But it still hurt Darla to think of.

She truly thought that she would be able to save him somehow. Failing that, she was going to die with him. But she hadn't. Now she was alive when she hadn't expected to be and she had no idea what to do. Where did she go from here?

It was all too much for Darla to bear in that moment. She closed her eyes tightly as tears welled up. There was nothing that she could do to stop them from trickling down her face.

Her body could be healed by droids and bacta, but the damage inside would take time to heal. That was, if she was able to recover from this at all.

Darla let her tears fall, while she waited for Darex to awake and free her from her bonds.

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex awoke to the beeping of medical equipment and the hum of the engines. He took a deep breath and did a quick assessment of himself. He felt much better, but he was still sore all over. He had to have been in the trance for several hours. He was hungry and thirsty, but at least had regained a lot of strength.

He sat up and rubbed his face with his hands. Shaking his head, he glanced over at Darla. With a start, he realized she was awake. He hadn't wanted to face her now, but he had little choice. If she was still the monster and was going to attack him, he might as well get it over with now.

But as he looked at her, he could see the humanity in her eyes. Tears left trails of moisture on her cheeks. She didn't seem like the monster she had been in the carbonite chamber. She seemed like...Darla. He made a quick decision and reached over and pressed the release on the restraints holding her in place.

He reached an arm behind her to help her up, and as he did so, he broke the silence. "How do you feel? Are you alright?" It was one of those questions that appeared simple enough from the outside, but was really a very loaded one. "Don't worry. You're safe now. No one is going to harm you."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Moments passed as the two remained within the trash collector as it made it's rounds away from the scene, the duo occasionally having to dodge incoming garbage as they kept on guard in-case anyone saw their leap of faith. Kiff's gaze darted about as his head rose to view their surroundings, noticing most of those they passed held little knowledge of what was going on around them, oblivious to anything outside their own little worlds. Noting that it was safe, Kiff moved toward Vaegir.

"Sorry about that." Kiff spoke, steadying himself and offering his thanks by grabbing the man's shoulder with a laughing smile. "AT least we'll live a few more days."

Using the vibrostave to hold his weight while the beast who's belly they had taken refuge in continued on it's way, Kiff made his way to the other side, repeating the process as he had before with a quick peek over it's metallic edge. Now all they had to do was wait. Taking seat upon a covered pile of garbage, Kiff slumped down and sat quietly for a few moments as he thought of both Rouke's sacrifice in his escape and Vaegir's aiding in his early release.

"Why risk your neck for me?" Kiff questioned abruptly, his thoughts falling back upon his original question. "Surely your life here wasn't so bad that you'd risk branding yourself and outlaw."

Kiff was completely oblivious to Vaegir's life, nor his reasons to aid Kiff. So naturally, he was curious. As he waited the firrerreo's answer, they came to a sudden stop just as they had for the last hour or so, more garbage finding it's comfort and safety within the metallic bucket. Hopping up to check their position, Kiff noticed a run down motel across the way. It was in the poorer part of the town, likely a place that didn't check IDs or backgrounds- a place they could easily hid in wile they thought up a plan to escape.

"Excellent." Kiff spoke, double checking their position to ensure the could easily slip in before he pulled himself up atop the trash collector. Offering his hand to aid Vaegir's lift, Kiff kept a close eye out for trouble. "This is our stop."

As the two grew close to enterin the motel, Kiff stopped outside to to buy some clothing suitable for walking the streets anonymously during the early hours of evening and later. If they were to escape, it would be during that time. ntering, he quickly bought a room and made his way toward the bar. Ordering something to eat, he made his way toward an empty table. Tossing Vaegir the rags he had purchased for him as well, Kiff cautiously spoke.

"I have a ship in the impond lot. That may be our only way off this rock."

2qntq81.jpg

Darex looked a little worse for wear, but he was still his handsome self. He radiated kindness as he always did. Darla felt lucky to have him there with her. She didn't know what she qould have done if he'd died. She would have blamed herself. She would have never been able to forgive herself. She would have never been able to forgive Kakuto.

Kakuto...

As Darex helped her to sit up, his strong hands on her back comforting her, she wept freely. She couldn't hold back the tears. 

"Im not alright..." first it was a whisper. "Im not alright." Then it became a wail that was drowned out by sobbing. "Im not alr-"

Darla threw her arms around Darex. She pressed her head against his shoulder and clung onto him as tighter than she ever had before.

She screamed the wordless sounds of loss and grief. Like child confused and angry at the universe. At the injustice of it all. The terrible things that it let happen. Her powerlessness against it all. Her cries died to moans and eventually just gentle sobs.

She held on to Darex for a long long time. It's seemed like she held onto him for an eternity. Eventually the sobbing stopped. The silence that followed was deafening.

In a quiet cold voice, tinged with loathing and self doubt Darla whispered. "You should have just left me there to die."

Rannrsig.jpg

He held her there as she sobbed into his shoulder, letting out her pain and anguish, relieved that the monster was gone. He held her for a long time until his tunic was wet with her tears. But still he didn't move. He just held her, doing what he could to comfort her until the tears became a trickle and she sat quietly in his lap.

The words that finally broke the silence caused righteous anger to stir within the Jedi. He tilted her head back so that she would look at him. "Never say that, Darla. Why would you ever say that?"

His eyes shone with the truth that he felt. "You are a wonderful, unique woman. You are brave and beautiful, caring and strong. You stop at nothing to defend those who can't defend themselves. How could I possibly leave you to die when I came for the sole purpose of preventing that?"

He paused, their faces close to each other. "Darla, you know I care immensely for you. You don't deserve to die. I...I don't know how I could live with myself if you had."

His green eyes met hers, and all he wanted to do was comfort her, to prove to her that she had immense worth, and that the pain would pass with healing.

FDY9u6P.png

Darex's flare of anger snapped Darla out of her self-loathing. She was indulging her feeling of pity and doubt. Darex's reaction made her realise how ridiculous she was being. His hand was on her chin, tilting her head so that she had to look at him.

Darla felt uneasy and held her breath while he spoke.

his words gave her something to think about as well as something to focus on. Why had she said what she said? Did she even mean it?

In a way... Yes...

"Darex, I was so ready to die. When I went after Kakuto, I didn't think that I would ever come back. That's why I didn't tell you where I was going or what I was doing. I didn't know how to explain and I couldn't bear to say goodbye to you for the last time. I've saved Kakuto's live in the past and since then he's commited terrible attrocities.

"I feel the weight of that. I feel like I'm responsible for those deaths. When he lured me in this time. I... I knew that I had to take him down. I had to kill him... Even if that mean I died myself in the process."

It was all true that had been how Darla had felt, but then things had changed.

"But when it really came down to it, when I was face to face with him... I just wanted to save him again. Just like you wanted to save me from myself. From my own darkness and my own stupid choices. That's what I wanted to do for him.

"I didn't expect to make it out alive... I thought that I was going to die when those tendrils were trying to tear my heart out. Now... Now I don't know what to do. What happens next? Where do we go from here?"

Rannrsig.jpg

The Captain and Admiral Thomas watched the YT-1300 land in the bay.

Before Raven got away Robert ran up to her.

"Raven, this is Admiral Thomas. Let us go down to the staging area."

~~~~~~~

Lt. Adams formed the men around and briefed them. They grabbed weapons of their choice from Shotgun round guns, to pistols and explosives. Adams walked the lanes, the room was abuzz with the sounds of clips being loaded, armor clanking. Adams eyed the troops Armor. It had the same two blue horizontal lines over their heart as he and McNamara did, except no other lines.

Adams got to a locker and punched in a code, It was his personnel locker. His armor shinned as he dawned it on. He put his helmet on and it flashed to life, heartbeat, motion+map, and ammo count, which blinked non activated. He looked down and saw his DXR6 and ammo. Soft blue lighting came up and gave the ammo count on it. He reached out and grabbed the battery pack and the gun. It felt good to have his rifle in his hand.

Adams closed his locker and went to the staging area as Robert and Admiral Thomas walked in. There were still a good thirty troops packing and getting ready.

Chameleon.png

There are worse things than rusty spoons.
No... No there isn't.

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Two things, Darla. One is that you have no responsibility for what Kakuto does with his own life. You've tried to save him, again and again. But he is trapped. Trapped in his own warped view of the galaxy. He is the only one that can pull himself out of the place he is now. You know I admire your dedication to his redemption, but there comes a point where there is only so much you can do, and the choice rests in their hands. Believe me," he added, the slightest touch of hardness creeping into his tone. "I've been there more times than I care to count. Shy-Ree, Ulos, Aerec. If there is one thing that sums up many of my life lessons, that is it. You can't save someone from a certain path who doesn't want to be saved from it."

Darex shook his head. "You are not responsible for his actions. You've done everything you can. You need to let it go. Otherwise, what will you do? If you keep blaming yourself, you will drive yourself insane, and every chance you get you'll be throwing yourself at Kakuto. Is that really what you want?

"Second point: Kakuto is not dead. At least, as far as I'm aware. I went back to look for him after I made sure you were safe, and I couldn't find him anywhere. That makes me certain that he dragged himself away somehow. So what will you do? Hunt him down again? Is that really the only purpose you can see for yourself?"

He felt a little frustrated with her. What could he say to convince her that life was still worth living? "There is more to life than that. You deserve more. You can do anything you want with your life."

He took a deep breath. "Look, Darla," he said, his tone softening. "I mean every word. There is nothing standing in your way. Well, unless you still want to kill yourself. In which case, I'm standing in your way." The last was said with an attempt a lightening the situation, but he was serious in his sentiment.

FDY9u6P.png

As he was about to answer Lt. Omega's question another young officer, this one a Mon Calamari, walked over with a comm for him. He took a few seconds to read it over and then sent a rather discreet comm to the original sender. Upon completion, he turned back to the new recruit.

"You'll be working in tandem with a few trusted mercenaries that have offered me their services. You're target will be somewhere on Coruscant, a location that hasn't been specified yet. You'll be leading the special ops team, though you will be subordinate to the mercenaries. Now, go and prepare your squad. I'll be briefing you once we are closer to the target."

Cadiosig052009.png

Darla managed a weak smile. But at least she could still smile despite everything. That was something at least.

She and Darex were very different people, but she had decided that was a good thing.

"I'm very lucky to have you in my life." She kissed him gently on the cheek.

Before the battle it had been some time since she had seen him. The two of them had decided to confess their feelings to one another and see where it took them. But before anything had come of it Darla had run away on her insane mission to face Kakuto Ryu.

Now she really wasn't sure what was going to happen. Darex obviously still cared for her. But Darla was very confused. She had put him through so much. She really couldn't bear the thought of hurting him. All she wanted was to hold on to him and let him help her, but on the other hand she knew that there were dark thoughts in her mind that she didn't want to subject him to.

"Everything that you say makes sense. But I can't control the way I feel. I'm not a Jedi and I never will be. I've never been able to control the way I feel. But you know that. I just need to get to a place where I don't feel the things I've been feeling. It'll take some time..."

"I'd be honored if you'd help me get to that place, but at the same time if it becomes too much for you... I'll understand."

There, she'd put it into words. That was probably the best she could do at the moment.

"How about we get cleaned up? I really could murder a coffee right now. Then we can talk some more."

Rannrsig.jpg

He pointed out across the vast expanse of space to no one in particular. Both A.I he knew were watching him all the same.

"There, right there. Focus in on that spot, tabulate the results and feed them back to me."

He leaned back in his chair. He had been at this particular station for days. Thought it had all began innocently enough. Three days ago the actual observation had begun, though it had started in a confusing way...

Three days prior,

Space was silent....peaceful. It helped he had locked any and everyone from bothering out of the cockpit. Still as he held the controls to his ship in his hands and underneath his fingertips, he couldn't help but admire to some degree the vastness of the space that lay before him.

Currently he was drifting,for the most part he was nigh undetectable. For the worst part he could be assumed to be passing space debris should some one actually get a good look at him. Though it would be rather hard to hit him up on scanners. After all there was only one other ship like his, and both were meant to be able to sneak in and out of systems with ease. Spy from across the way, and tag and bag as needed.

Yet as he had been drifting for so long, his actually objective had not truly appeared. Granted he wasn''t sure what he was looking for but...

What is this?

Traditionally people looked for things within a certain plane or height level. It was just the normal way of the galaxy, as everyone wish to have a frame of reference. Yet assuming he was using a mid level frame of reference, than what his scanners had suddenly picked up was far above such a thing.

Well, well well, what do you know. Seems I am not the only one with such a trick.

What we about to attempt would be tricky. Yet a few calculated guesses, here and no help from either of his A.I and he was on a new course. Having altered his trajectory some what through the use of released air and other gases. He had turned in the right direction. With no friction or the like to work about, there was no undue stresses on his ship as he did so.

Currently,

He gazed out amongst the stars. The body he was observing in question had not yet detected him, and he had drifted rather close before holding position where he wanted to be. There had not been much traffic in this particular space, as he had observed for the past few days. For the most part nothing came into the system nor did anything really leave the system.

Seems perfect. I'd put a base here, just because of the relative amount of peace this sector seems to have.

Sitting up, he leaned forward hovering over his controls. No doubt the others would begin to get restless soon. It didn't matter though. For the most part the rest of his mission seemed plausible but highly unlikely to be fully accomplished. He sent an update to the various plans through the datapads he had given them all earlier to review. Far easier that way then having to talk to them.

It helped that he had access if only temporarily to the Imperial database. Courtesy of the agent who had hired him. It had come in hand for the reviewing and designing of both blue prints and the plan of action. So far from what he had been able to tell was quite a bit, and even know he tabulated his gather knowledge in order to make sure there was no need for any more amendments before he even attempted a stage two.

So what if they have to learn a few more things. Better chances of them not dying.

He had to admit though the set up didn't surprise him. Fringe elements were notorious for having set ups similar to what he was staring at. It was hard to surprise him in such a manner when dealing with such groups. Jedi, rebels, both outside of the sphere of influence had at times, done something similar. There was even a rumored floating city for the Alliance currently, which was no doubt a mobile space station if the reports he had heard so far were true. Which they no doubt where as he made it his business to know such things. Having Black sun operate in such a manner came of no surprise as well as they normally operated as far below the radar as physically and spiritually possible.

I wonder what surprises shall await, after I am forced to move to stage two.

ship

* The stink of the ship had began to grow on him now, the time had been dragging on for days it seemed. Jeng did not care to wait to be dead, and would much rather deal with him up front. He would prefer a head on battle, not this laying in wait for him to call upon him. No matter the wait Jeng had, had much time to think of the people on this ship. This Sith Master, had massed a good amount of skilled people for this mission. That however matter not if they couldn't complete the mission, the road to the force is paved with good intentions. He took a seat in the middle of the floor in front of his machine and began to place pieces of raw material. some metals and rubes, and some light saber crystals. With his hand in his lap he began to think of the object in mind, a sword. A Sith Sword able to hold up to a light saber, this had long since been forgotten. Yet, Jeng was a crafty sort when it came to the way of the dark side of the force. His mind was completely into it now, the metal was taking shape. The edge was becoming sharper, the hilt in the shape of to Sith warriors facing the opposite of each other. The leather wrapping the hilt had become tighter. The sweat was coming from his brow now, he could feel the object almost complete. Droga took his hands and laid them above the floating blade and with a surge of lighting the blade sparked and shined. The light had been a focusing power used in the old Sith to embedding the metal with Dark-side energy. A small spark shot from the hilt to the tip of the blade and Jeng caught it with his hands, it dissipated into his being. Jeng arose from his seated position and wiped away the sweat from his face, and called for his droid Dealer. *

Jeng: Dealer, take the blade and sharpen it for the changer and give it to the the beast. Explain to her that it will come in hand for combat with Jedi.

* The droid picked up the sword and began down the hall to the room of the changer. *