Next- Chapter II- 12/15/07

Silas

I'd like to start out by saying, I don't own Star Wars, and no copyright infringement is meant. This is just a way to help my story. I by no means have the rights to any of the stuff I am using and I am not making any money off of it.

Now, this started off as a response to September's Challenge Number 7, but it turned into a full-blown story. I have more than this written, but I want to post it in sections. Its based off of Nicholas Cage's movie, Next. Enjoy!

Next:

Anakin Skywalker watched as the star points stretched into lines as his Jedi Starfighter moved into hyperspace. The unbeatable team of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker had just received word that their search for the traitorus Count Dooku would have to be put on hold. In a daring move, the Separatists had swept into the galactic capital city-planet of Coruscant and captured the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, Palpatine. If Anakin and Obi-Wan could get there fast enough, there was a chance that they could save him before the enemy fleet escaped into hyperspace, but the chance was slim.

Anakin pulled a thermos from the glove compartment of his starfighter and the caf mix he had stored there some time ago. He added the mix to the water already in the thermos and shook it well. He used his Jedi powers to increase the temperature of the drink to a preferable warmth, and began drinking. He preferred the warmth of the drink to the freezing temperatures of the vacuum around him. After the mission they had just left, Anakin was tired, and he quickly drifted off into sleep. And with sleep came dreams”¦

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter came out of hyperspace next to his master's and they moved into an attack position as the enemy fighters rushed at them, laser cannons blaring. Anakin, who had been an astounding pilot since the age of seven, twisted his starfighter through the maze of deadly bolts, missing nearly every one. The few that did get few were easily absorbed by his shields. Beside him, Obi-Wan followed him through the evasive maneuvers, a grimace on his face.

”œAnakin!”

Edited by Guest

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Hmm interesting. At first, I thought you were writing your own episode III book. As I see it, it kind of looks like that is where you are going. It kind of looks like you started in-between labyrinth of Evil and episode III. In interesting idea to say the least, but not a lot of operating room, before you run right into episode III. Given you strong focus on the unbeatable duo...

Other than that, I liked the surprise at the end; it made me remember it was a strikingly accurate vision, and not you retelling to story of episode III right off the bat.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

The idea behind Next the movie is that Nicholas Cage can see into the future, but only for two minutes. He has the ability to see how life would come out if he made a certain choice, then he knows not to make that certain choice and he can make the other one therefore living longer, but when hes around this certain girl he can see into the future even more, days at a time, which takes you to the end of the movie.

This is kind of what I wanted to style this after, but I'm not sure how I'm going to wrap this up yet...

silassig-1.jpg

Not to potentially kill you story idea. However, isn't that what Jedi do? Isn't that what gives them their Jedi reflexes to begin with?

Though I think I get what you are saying. That this will kind of be like a what if story. like what if Anakin had decided to do b instead of a or x instead of X. This sounds like this could end up being a cool story.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Definitely a neat idea. You've got a great descriptive ability. It's been a while since I read the novelization, so at first when I was reading I almost thought you were copying from it and were then just going to add your own twist. Then I got to the description of the lightsaber battle and knew it was completely different.

Wow, I really went all over the place there.... Basically, my point in all this is that I really like your writing style and am looking forward to reading more of this story.

xDS3U7I.jpg

Continuing the J.Net Revival in 2017

Pittsburgh Champions

Steelers: 6 Time Super Bowl Champs

Penguins: 5 Time Stanley Cup Champs

Someday the Pirates will REALLY get their act together...

• 1 month later...

Next installment! Enjoy!

Anakin Skywalker awoke with a jolt. He looked around and noticed that he was still in the cockpit of his Jedi Starfighter, his thermos of caf still in his hand. He took another few sips of the drink and drifted back into sleep.

Anakin's dream began the same as it had the last time, with him coming to the rescue of the Chancellor, but this time he knew not to make the same haunting choices that had brought him so much stress during his last dream. After all, this was his dream, didn't he control it? Anakin once again stood facing Count Dooku, red and blue lightsabers crossed the man's throat. He once again heard Palpitine's encouraging words of destruction. The last time he had heard those words they had been the last word's he had ever heard, this time he wouldn't make that mistake.

With a grimace, he put force behind the movements of his hands and watched as the head of the destructive Count Dooku rolled away from the kneeling body. He had made the right choice this time and lived. He quickly used the Force to release the Chancellor from his bindings and ran over to his master, trapped under the metal pillar. He dragged the limp body from under it and hoisted him on his back, despite the protests of Palpatine.

They ran from the audience chamber and made their way to the turbolift. Anakin pressed the call button and noticed that he heard no movement in the shaft. He pulled out his comm and sent a message to R2-D2 down in the hangar bay, asking him to activate the elevator number 1138. While he was waiting for the droid to comply with his request he heard the sound of metal rolling on metal. He quickly turned around and saw droideka's rolling down the hallway. They stopped a few meters away from their targets, and while they were deploying, Anakin used the Force to rip open the shaft doors before the lift got there.

Suddenly the ship began to shift as it was hit again and again. Anakin just managed to haul himself, Obi-Wan, and the Chancellor into the shaft turned hallway before they leveled out on the wrong side. They began to move down the shaft at a dead run, attempting to make it to the hangar bay and their ships. Unfortunately the ship chose that moment to begin to level out. As they began to slide down, Obi-wan began to regain consciousness. With his return to the world of the living he became more than dead weight as he began to struggle to see what was going on.

The shaft went completely vertical as the ship leveled out and Anakin grabbed hold of a small piece of metal jutting out from the wall. He slowly came to the mindset that he was safe for a minute, until he heard the whooshing sound of an elevator rushing down the shaft. He fumbled for his comm, pulling it out and yelling into it.

”œArtoo, stop the elevator!”

silassig-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

LOL to Anakin falling asleep in between sips of coffee. Except it sounds too much like me.

One thing that's kind of big for me:

After all, this was his dream, didn't he control it?

Do you really think someone who dreams things like he does (his mother dying, for instance) would have any notions about controlling his dreams? If he could, one would think he would! (I know I would!) If anything, I would think he would be extremely surprised to find he could control the events in his dreams.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!