An introduction without names(non Star Wars)

Dagon

People say that the end of the world is coming, to prepare for the judgment of a wrathful God or some awe inspiring act of nature, but I pay it no heed. My world has ended countless times, and yet something of me is still here, my soul has survived. Which is ironic since most people describe me as soulless. I would introduce myself properly, but I'm afraid that I have outlived my name by many centuries. Regardless, everything I have known has changed, and yet I have survived. So it's with no small amount of annoyance that I am confronted with a disheveled man in a back alley telling me that I have to repent for the end of the world. Part of me stirs, the part that hates everything, and for a moment I contemplate ripping him apart for his ignorance. Now, however, is not the time for little indulgences, I'm on mission, and the way I kill is simply just too high profile. With a forceful shove, I send him into the alley wall, hard.

My surroundings are distasteful, but one must make sacrifices to live my unique lifestyle. Amidst the poverty stricken streets I have to keep to the shadows, one look and the fact that I don't belong would be readily apparent. Unseen, invisible, I find the home of my prey. It looks like a hovel, a true shit hole, but that's the way this kind likes to live, constantly on the move, off the grid. Normally there would be Agency operatives protecting the perimeter, but not tonight. The target's betrayal had taken him out of the aegis of the Agency, and put him under their knife. Moving in darkness, I ascend to the second floor along an overgrown trellis, knowing full well that the first level entry points are booby-trapped. The smell of half eaten bodies wisped into my nostrils as I entered through the already broken window. So uncivilized.

I found my target on the first floor, watching television on a torn couch. He had a beer in one hand, and a gnawed on arm in the other. He was overly muscular, jeans and plain white muscle shirt barely containing him, and his hair and beard were matted with blood. He was totally at ease and unaware of my presence, his senses only good against the living. I could easily end his life with a single strike, but I wasn't an assassin, not tonight. Tonight I was an inquisitor of the Agency. For the first time that night, I stepped out of the shadows.

In a series of fluid motions I drew my sword, a slender but strong blade, and ran it threw the couch and the target at his midsection. With my left hand I slammed a syringe of sodium pentothal into his neck, injecting the powerful serum into his veins. With the thing pinned to the sofa like an insect on a collector's board, I rounded the couch to face him. It raged at me, teeth gnashing and mouth frothing. Then slow realization set in as the target took in my appearance. The hand tailored suit, the expensive leather shoes, the black, empty eyes. Anger turned to fear.

”œWhat the hell are you doing here? We work for the same people! I'm with the Agency like you!”

MGw9G2u.jpg

Great story! I hope you post more sometime. Sorry for taking so long to reply--welcome to fanfic! This is quite interesting, it's violent and dark and I always like that kind of fic. My biggest critique is on the censored words... I always hate seeing "I am an idiot" in the middle of a fic, so if you could replace words that would otherwise be censored with **** or the equal, that'd be great.

It moved a bit fast, but it's really interesting and I look forward to seeing more.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 6 months later...

Good stuff! I'm generally not one interested in vampires or werewolves, nor do I generally care for stories or bad guys that are just pure dark, but you really drew me in on this one. I'll be keeping up! I love the little hints you give at the setting. At first I was frustrated because I couldn't tell at all where you were or what the characters were, but by the end it made sense. I agree with Tiana about the censors.

One little nitpick: in the sentence "My hand play Beethoven on the table" you've got a problem with subject-verb agreement. It either needs to be "hands play" or "hand plays".

Looking forward to your next update.