Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

Xentar returned to Chandrila and waited near the cloning tanks that most facilities had in this galaxy. There was someone he wanted to see as soon as they were cloned, and he started the process to bring them back.

This hadn't been the first time he had killed his own apprentice, and he had only had two apprentices. It was somewhat amusing that both had forced him to do so. But it had been much more dramatic last time, as he had bestowed the rank of Sith Lord on the apprentice as he struck him down. It had been the best walk-away tactic that left the sort of impression he had liked.

He couldn't even remember that apprentice's name now. He had probably run off and gotten killed. Xentar shrugged. He really couldn't care less.

XentarSig2-1.png

There was darkness, and then a sudden awareness. His eyes barley opened as he surveyed his surroundings. It had happened again. He could only remeber one other time this had happened. He had been dealing with this same group ironically enough.

It seems this group had once again proven to be the death of him. If anything he felt an overwhelming need to try and kill this group off. He noticed his master was standing out in wait for him. He may have been mad but, he wasn't stupid. He stepped out of the tank with out a word.

He quelled the impulse to strike out and attempt to kill Xentar. No he needed to be trained and that was reason enough to stay his hand. The idea of burning like a smoldering fire in a pile of leaves came to him. Gathering his strength until the time came to suddenly explode in a raging fire consuming everything around it.

He was given some generic clothes that he put on, since he doubted this facility could produce the spidersilk armor he normally wore. He would live however, he would simply get more when the time came. Dressed he simply stared at his master.

"Suprising to see you here."

Xentar glanced over at a nearby table, which had a pile of gear on it. "Your old equipment is there," he said, ignoring the apprentice's insolent comment about surprise. Xentar knew better than to truly believe that the apprentice was surprised--he was actually seething anger. He didn't like being killed.

The Serpent Master particularly liked that the apprentice did not like being killed. The apprentice's anger was powerful, but it showed that he wanted to learn that he did not let his impulses get the better of him. "Here, you can feel the Force," Xentar said, stating an obvious fact. "Open yourself to it, and again tell me what you learned on Myrkr."

A good answer here, and it would be time for the apprentice to take a major step forward in his training. Xentar was not a master that did not reward hard work and sacrifice.

XentarSig2-1.png

He glanced at his equipment. He doubted it was tampered with, however he would check it later just in case. He instead did as he asked and for a moment just the briefiest of moments he almost let his current state get the better of him. He could feel the force and its power, he knew what he could do with it, and he wanted nothing more than to shove this man through a wall, then with a leap tear out his throat with his bare hands.

Instead, he supressed that impulse and focused.

...again tell me what you learned on Myrkr

He pursed his lips as if he was thinking.

First he says the obvious and then that, he must want something regurgitated. Lets review, what did I say on that damnable planet.

"That the force is not a crutch."

Xentar nodded. "Very well," he said. "Follow me." He turned on his heel and strode out of the room, expecting the apprentice to follow. He headed out of the building and towards a particular pool of water. A pool of water where he had learned one of the unique abilities of the Serpent Lords, and a pool of water where his apprentice was about to learn the same thing.

It wouldn't be pleasant, but that was the idea.

XentarSig2-1.png

He gathered his gear and and carried it with him as he followed this man into yet another part of this building. When he had first landed here he had thought it to be deserted and desolate.

Entering the room all he noted was the rather large pool of water simply sitting in the middle of the room. Raising an eyebrow he found a decent area to drop of his gear before approaching his master.

Xentar gestured at the small lake. "Take off your clothes and enter the water until you're halfway submerged," he instructed. He would go about this exactly as Moric had when he had performed it upon Xentar. It was the only way he knew how, and he would be faithful to that. "Once you are there, form a Force barrier to protect yourself from what is to come. A strong one."

He would have liked Moric to have performed it this time, too, but he had been out of contact for a while. Xentar hoped he would return--it would be difficult to lead the Serpent Order himself. And it wouldn't help the Order to keep losing its members. Xentar remembered a time when Garet Jax, Tashkri, and Rocketblaze had led the order. They had all passed, leaving Moric and Xentar. If Moric was gone, too, then the Serpents would start to look like the Sith had for a large chunk of their past.

Presently, he had to focus on inducting another member officially into the ranks. He waited for the apprentice to follow his orders.

XentarSig2-1.png

He was becoming quite adpet at knowing when his master was about to do something that would cause him pain. He was naturally apprehensive of this particular exerices, since there was little doubt that chances are his life would once again be in danger.

However, there did exist a problem, that being the establishment of this force barrier. Granted he had the basics down pretty well, push, pull, jumping and focusing the force inward to boost muscles. However a barrier. He just wasn't to sure how well he could accomplish that.

Granted he wasn't the kind of went about using the force willy nilly either which would also provide some hinderance to his current dilema.

Never the less he stepped out of his clothes, modesty being no issue with him. If anything he almost got a chuckle thinking it was how the big man got his kicks. He did note however, that that mark on his back no longer existed, no doubt a result from his cloning.

Stepping into the pool he noted that it was actually luke warm and not cold like he had expected. Which was a good thing since it would give him more room to concentrate. Opening himself up to the force, he grabbed ahold of strands like a man holding tightly to tension wire, slowly but surley drawing it inward on himself, gathering what he figured he would need.

Then like exhaling a breath he expanded the tension there by making his first and only barrier. It had been simply enough to try and figure out, now the question was how well would he maintain it.

Xentar closed his eyes when the apprentice reached the desired point in the pool. He stretched out with his feelings and tested the apprentice's Force barrier, felt his doubt. Doubt is something you will not need, Xentar thought. But if this kills you, then I was mistaken in thinking you ready.

A moment later, the Serpent Master stretched out his hand over the water, and from it poured an endless gout of flame. The flame hit the water and immediately it started to boil, the heat expanding like a destructive ripple over the otherwise still waters. It leapt toward Procs, and still more fire in the air did the same. Suddenly, the entire pool area was an inferno, water vaporizing into steam and distorting in powerful heat shimmers.

The theory was tried and true. If the apprentice truly opened himself to the Force and embraced the flame and heat, the Force in him and his very body would make a fundamental, elemental change. They would become one with the fire as Xentar was. It would grant the apprentice immunity to fire and the ability to call upon it basically at will.

Xentar basked in the makeshift hell that he was continuing to produce. Flame engulfed him and his apprentice and the chamber suddenly resembled the inside of a volcano rather than the relaxing, peaceful scene that had been lost. Flammable things went alight (Xentar's own cloak was fire retardant for just this reason). The sheer heat was enough to cause things to burst into flame.

The Dark Side fire ravaged all. Then Xentar halted it, two full minutes after it had begun. It was time to see if the apprentice lived still.

XentarSig2-1.png

He saw Xentar moved and braced himself, he knew something was about to happen. He tried to make sure his barrier was as strong as he could manage. He could feel the man probing his barrier, and then worse, he could feel some sort of dark power building with a speed and intensity that was almost surprising.

With a sudden roar the flame hit the water and vaporized all in its path before slamming into his barrier. Then with suddenness he expected the world changed.

It was as if he was drowning in a sea of fire. It was above and below him, turning the water into vapor, and making a shimmering field all around. The heat all around him, the fire, and the misty haze surrounding it all provided him with something he never knew it could. Gazing out into the hellish blaze around him, he caught the last thing his expected in his eye. That of his own reflection.

Strangely enough, an evil grin seemed to over take it making it look less like him and more like a hellish demon. Flames seemed to suddenly engulf his reflection but, instead of simply wiping the image out of his minds eye, it left him with a far more horrifying image. The grin was still there, yet it and he was engulfed in the flame. It was like a human torch blazing away still grinning like an escaped demon from hell finding some innocent virgin.

Am I in a dream? Am I hallucinating?

To say anger whelmed up inside of him would be akin to saying that a tidal surge that accompanies a hurricane when it hits the shore is nothing more than a little wave. Anger couldn't even describe the emotion he was feeling.

Suddenly it spoke to him.

”œI can see inside you, embrace me and that good that his died in you, has decayed in you will be purged away. No more doubt, just true purpose. Embrace me, and unlock that which you were meant for.”

For the first time since the training had begun, Xentar let a real, genuine smile grace his face for the briefest of moments before it again disappeared. He did it. Good. I thought he would, the Serpent Master thought. He didn't really feel pride for bringing the apprentice to this point, but he supposed it wouldn't be wrong to do so.

The apprentice was now transformed before him. Turned from merely a man into something real. Xentar continued to look at him as the vapor returned to its liquid form. A moment later, it was as deep as it had been when the trial had began, and still the apprentice stood.

"What is your name, Serpent Lord?" Xentar finally asked. This was a statement with dual purpose--he was asking for a name where before he had known none, and he was promoting the apprentice to the rank of full Serpent Lord. He knew what he needed to.

XentarSig2-1.png

He simply looked upward, yet before he could respond, he could only think of one thing.

Opening his mouth up to speak,

"I shall be called by any Sith who dare to see me as their equal as Darth Raset. Yet, I shall now and forever more be known as Menthu."

He raised an eyebrow at the water all around him. He felt... he wasn't sure how he felt. Just this sudden inflow of power and understanding that made him only desire for more.

Xentar nodded. "Very well, Menthu," he said. "There is a galaxy full of order and chaos around us, and as Serpents we must serve that chaos. So tell me--where do you think we could apply our strength to greatest effect?"

It was probably the first time Xentar had asked Menthu his opinion on a matter. Before, he simply hadn't really cared. But now he was speaking to a Serpent Lord, someone who deserved a little bit of respect. Xentar was a Master, but it was foolish to domineer those under you.

This was chaos, not blind order.

XentarSig2-1.png

He looked down at the water around him, not at all perturbed. It actually looked quite still, despite him standing it. The surface had a nice reflective calm. Despite this he knew the water was nothing more than a churning mash of particals that on the surface looked like they were doing nothing at all.

There were very few in this order, he decided given the numbers he would have to figure out just how well to put such a force. He knew of only one destination though.

"Above all else, we serve chaos. Despitte the laws, rules, and regulations that many of the beings of this galaxy not only imposed but follow. they are all more insturments of chaos then they are of order in the grand scheme of things. Therefore it seems logical we should protect them from the complete anihilation that is posed by these new invaders.

As far as where to strike, I am not sure yet myself."

Xentar's eyes narrowed slightly as Menthu started talking as cryptically as a Jedi Master. "You want to strike the Arach'tar," he clarified. "There is great danger in that sort of action, though I have never turned away from the threat of a challenge."

At the same time, it's difficult to strike at an enemy that can not be found except in extreme numbers, he thought. Yet I deign to align the Serpents with the Sith, Jedi, Alliance or Empire.

XentarSig2-1.png

The Silk Star burst out of hyperspace above Chandrila. Cody wasn't sure why he was here, but he knew that he was supposed to be. He brought the ship down to the surface, landing in the vincinity that he felt he was supposed to be in. He got out and locked the ship, activating all of the anti-personel defences before heading off into the afternoon.

((Looking for the Serpents. This is an alias of Silas...))

Reaching out with the Force, Xentar felt another curious soul. Someone that felt rather like Menthu had when he first arrived--with that sense of destiny and potential affinity for the Serpents. If Xentar hadn't known any better, he would have thought that the man had come directly to him to ask for Serpent training.

Of course, knowledge of the order here was almost unknown. "I think we'll need further strength before we enter galactic affairs," Xentar told Menthu. "There is a potential candidate near us now. Go, find and recruit him, and bring him here."

Maybe I'll train him, maybe Menthu will. Maybe we both will. I myself was made a Serpent by a coalition of Masters....

XentarSig2-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

((Didn't know you guys were waiting on me.))

He didn't say a word he simply turned and left streching out with the force as he searched for who ever the next person to go through hell was going to be.

It didn't take long to seek out the candiate, since establishing a firmer connection to the force, it seemed he could feel people easily, far easier than he had been able to do previously.

There was nothing stealthy about his approach. He slowly yet surley came upon the man (cody), starting out in the distance in front of him and comming to a stop a few paces from him.

"What brings you here?"

Despite everything that had happened, it seemed he still had little patience for he deemed to be foolish or stupid. That particular trait showed as it seemed the temperature rose a few degrees.

"You simply showed up? You mean you have neither direction nor any desire. You simply show up and the first person you meet, you expect them to do something for you. You don't even know what you want!"

He crossed his arms over his chest and glared down upon the boy.

"I'll ask you again, what brings you here?"

• 2 weeks later...

Xentar spent most of the wait being patient for Menthu to come back, but as the time grew on, his patience started to flounder. He was a Serpent Master, not one who liked to waste his time; and not one who had much patience. Waiting was too orderly, and he was a man of chaos.

Focusing on himself, he reached down into his body and felt the heat that always resided there. He touched the well of dark side power that could be found in the core of any accomplished dark sider, and he ignited it with his own heat. Fire sprung through his veins, and it felt good.

He opened his mouth in a smile, and flame swirled out from it with his exhalation. Then he threw his arms out and exerted himself. Bam! A pillar of fire rose up from his large form, wider than his armspan and hundreds of meters tall in a second. It burned the air, burned what was in the air, and burned the Force as its primary source of feul.

Xentar's eyes remained shut and he maintained the great deific pillar, exerting himself mentally and physically against the intense heat. It became a contest of will against himself, and he would maintain that pillar of flame.

XentarSig2-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cody's writer suddenly remembers why he hadn't posted with this alias. It was because Procs' writer tended to make life difficult...Especially getting started with training, so Cody's writer decided he was tired of it.

Cody glared back up at the man. "I'm here because I want something more. And is there something so wrong with the fact that I decided to come to a planet on a whim? I figured that you might be able to help me find that something more...Can you?"

Despite the intensity of the moment, Menthu had zoned in and out, due to an unnaturally long response time given to him by this man. For a while he had thought the boy had fallen into a coma, then it dawned on him, that mental retardation could force a person to take an unnaturally long time in coming up with a response.

He was tempted, very tempted to see just how easy it was to set people aflame. Instead, he simply took another step forward to tower over the fellow.

"You've made a mistake; I am not here to cater to your whims. Though if you want more, I am sure I can add something to your life."

Like an extra hole in your gut...

"Though why should I be bothered. What makes you Worthy of my time. Give me one good reason why I should let you live instead of nailing your trespassing ass to my wall as a sign to deter other similar people of bothering me?"

Cody signed...people could make life so difficult some times.

"Everything happens for a reason, does it not? I believe that statement, and I believe that you're the one to help me since I obviously wouldn't have found you if some greater being hadn't willed it. Perhaps you know of this greater being?"

((I can't go farther without an abuse of OOC information here...))

Menthu raised an eyebrow. He had better things to do with his time, such as refine himself. This boy while bristling in the force wasn't how he wanted to spend his time.

"Tell ya what."

Travel down away until you reach an abandoned facility. there you should find a rather large man. You seem willing enough. He will show you want you want."

I found him, recruited him and now he is on his way there.

Then with the same forcefulness her had displayed in approaching he displayed in leaving. Continuing in a straight line.

Soon he found himself in a rather deserted area, and that is where he stayed for quite some time.

The Flame came naturally to him. No doubt due to a transformation of sorts during his own hellish campaign. He could create flame on a whim, with out to much thought on the matter. Manipulate the flames once they were burning to the point that he even spent some time entertaining himself by making scenes of his life flash and dance around in the flames.

He found he could project heat not only on the environment around him, as he had found in that meeting with the newcomer but, also into objects. Granted his control on the matter could use some work, however he had found plenty of objects to practice on. Some little more then slag, yet the over all idea of transferring heat into an object seemed to be a natural ability to him.

The most interesting part was when he began to belch flame. Granted it was only in a straight line, yet he had little doubt that with time and practice he would refine it into an art form.

Menthu found visions on how to use the force suddenly appearing to him. Each one unique and creative and yet at the same time he knew he would have a natural affinity to. He had little doubt that in the coming week alone his powers and abilities would increase exponentially.

----------------5/14/08

(two weeks passed for me, so two week will pass for him as well.)

Time passed during his self isolation. lots of time, upon which he gain insight in to the dark natures of the force and began to discover terrible yet exciting things. It was coming easy to him. like it should. Soon however he felt the need to move past this world and forge ahead to discover other darker things. He had learned to make dead objects seem and come alive much like fire itself. It was along these lines he wished to explore and so he went into town.

He decided against taking his old ship, instead feeling a need to leave it here so he would eventually return. Then he departed from this world on a new craft.

• 3 weeks later...

Xentar, alone, practiced. He wielded the flame of the Serpents like few before had--for few Serpents had there been. With it, he formed shapes and blades, vast fires and forests of flame. The scarred stone of the room in which he trained heated almost to melting point at times, and Xentar's sweat came like a river.

Although he was immune to the flames themselves, he was having some difficulty staying hydrated. He took frequent brakes to drink some water before getting back to practicing. He could fight if need be with quite a bit of flame and not start to let dehydration claim him, but he couldn't do it forever. The Tournament in which he and Moric had fought had had a neat way of healing the combatants between fights, and Xentar now marvelled at that more than ever.

As he practiced, he also fine-tuned his lightsaber form, direct, quick, and powerful. He struck with deadly force and blinding speed. He studied the paradox of lightsaber combat, tuning his skills at misdirection and deception, and employed the dark side for quick, unexpected little moves here and there that would give him an even greater edge over the opponents he could face.

It was a good day.

XentarSig2-1.png

A Squall peered upon a peculiar scene. Some fool was brazenly casting aside a peaceful newcomer while battling for control over his own abilities. Another was calling himself the Archserpent, and still others were nowhere to be found. Surely they were in the Compound, as the Squall had watched them come and go from that place many times before.

Still, today was a special day for the Squall. This was the first time her friend was able to fully bond with her, hearing and seeing all that she was privy to observe. As she nibbled a seed which had rested at her feet only a moment ago, the roar of a ship blasting off startled the little Squall. She turned in mid jump, landing to frantic feet carrying her off in the direction of her friend. What she didn't know was that her friend was already headed in her direction. He came into sight after emerging from behind a rock formation which sat near the Compound. A familiar whistle was all she needed to know that it was him, and indeed she got that whistle. Leaping with all her might, the Squall landed in his arms.

Luckily for the Squall, she had landed in the arms of Rocketblaze, one of the most able bodies in all of the known galaxy. RB hoisted the little Squall onto his right shoulder. She sat comfortably as he approached Cody Canceno.

"I have no idea who that was. Please accept my apologies and welcome on behalf of the planet Chandrila. I'm Rocketblaze, but you can feel free to call me 'RB.' The little Squall on my shoulder is Vivi."

He reached up and pet Vivi's long ears. She shifted slightly before settling her eyes on Cody.

"This is my establishment and inside are my students. I've been away for awhile, attending to some personal business. It seems that in my absence, issues have developed which require my attention. Please follow me."

Making his way into the Compound, Rocketblaze made his first stop the communication room.

Activating the PA, he declared to all: "This is Rocketblaze. My observations have led me to understand that Moric has assumed command while I have been gone. I appreciate this gesture and will now reclaim the title 'Archserpent.' Any who challenge this may feel free to approach me. All Serpents present and loyal to me are to report in over comm. If you have ascended in rank, it is imperative that you seek me out."

RB then escorted Cody to the dining hall. They sat down to a meal which had been in the works for nearly an hour, thanks to the wrist link wrapped around the Archserpent's arm. He had sent the command in anticipation of sharing a return feast with old friends, but it had become a meal of welcoming instead. Vivi took to hopping around under the table as Rocketblaze addressed the newcomer.

"So, what's your name and what can I do for you?"

RBgun.jpg

PSN ID: Lord-Pent

Character Sheet

Garet Jax stalked his prey with practiced ease. The tattered remnants of an old flight suit fluttered in the cool breeze. Even this small movement annoyed Garet. But he knew the beast before him would not notice. He had hunted them enough times to know all of their tendencies. It was not the challenge of the hunt that he enjoyed. It was his goal of perfection. The idea that he could kill the beast before it felt his presence was his target. And he was very close to achieving that goal, after so much practice. Garet's claws stretched out in anticipation of a fresh meal.

I could use the Force to dull the beast's sense. Or create an illusion forcing it to flee in my direction.

Garet had always been good at illusions, the one non-combat technique he had perfected. But that would be cheating. Garet inched forward into a pouncing position. It was better to perfect combat without the Force, and use the Force only as a supplement. It was why he alone among his brethren had no fear of ysalamiri. As Garet processed this thought, he was nearly knocked from his perch. It at that exact moment, the Serpent sensed a presence he had not sensed in years.

Is it truly possible after all this time?

When Rocketblaze had disappeared, Garet had spent a few months in the service of others, the Hutts, the Empire, the Sith, but all had seemed hollow and meaningless. He had eventually returned to Chandrila, content to live out his life in freedom. He knew he could never return to Trandosha. Their vision of him as some sort of savior was not something he could live up to, nor did he want to. And so the Serpent had turned feral, waiting for Rocketblaze to return, but content that this was probably how he would live out his life. In moments, it seemed, his future had changed.

Unquestionably, I will return immediately.

Garet had never had any doubts as to where his loyalty lay, even in his Master's absence. And so, before Rocketblaze had even sounded his arrival, the Serpent was on his way back. He stopped in a small cave on the way. It was the place where he had made his home. Garet opened a small chest to reveal his dark robes, protected from the elements. The Serpent ceremoniously put them on, and clipped his double-bladed lightsaber to his belt. Garet looked at his metal hand and arm as he did so, a gift from one who Rocketblaze had once served. It's alchemic powers had faded along with his own, but it was still useful in straight combat.

The Serpent continued his short journey before emerging into the dining hall, and silently taking his seat at his Master's side.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

Xentar paused just as he was summoning a fireball to cast at a makeshift target he had constructed with a thought, also from flame. The dark side was eating away at him, his flesh was nettling, and the dryness of his body was irritating, but he had trained on. Until now, for something was different. Someone was here. A familiar someone.

Two familiar someones. Old Serpents. Xentar's fireball disintegrated in a puff of smoke, and he got a drink of water as an announcement went over the intercomm, which hadn't been used in some time. It was made by Rocketblaze, one-time Archserpent. And Archserpent again, it seemed.

This was interesting. Here Xentar was, one of the only Serpents, holding the name for the galaxy, and now others were back.

Standing up straight, the tall Serpent Master headed for Rocketblaze's location as the man was being joined by the other familiar presence--that of Garet Jax, another of Xentar's teachers when yet he was young to the Order. He was driven by curiosity to see what had brought these beings back, for he respected them, but was not particularly inclined to take orders from Rocketblaze just yet.

His black robes singed and his skin a little charred, the huge man walked into the room and up to Rocketblaze. He didn't bow. "It has been some time, Master Rocketblaze," he said unceremoniously, almost not deigning to use the title, his hands loose at his sides. "What brings you back to Chandrila now? And you, Master Jax?"

He wished Moric would show up again. It would be easier to fill the others in together. He briefly through an appraising glance at the one he didn't recognize. Perhaps Rocketblaze has made a friend in his absence? he thought with a mental snort of amusement that showed only slightly on his features.

XentarSig2-1.png

Rocketblaze was in the middle of a succulent bite of nerf tenderloin. It was unfortunate for the transgressor that it was this particular event which had been interrupted, for nerf tenderloin was was the Archserpent's favorite. He looked up at Cody.

"Just a moment, if you'd be so kind."

A turn of his head revealed that Xentar was the architect of words who pulled him from his meal. This was no surprise, as the man before him was not one to observe manners of refinement. The sudden appearance of such a man brought up a reaction in RB that had not surfaced in quite some time.

"Hahahahahahaha! ... Oh, I'm sorry. Whew! ... Just a second... Ok, ok... I'm alright."

Composing himself was one of the most difficult trials he had ever faced. The Archserpent considered for a moment that he'd rather be forced into fighting the cyborg form of Kakuto Ryu again, but immediately thought the better of it. Realizing the severity of that hypothetical situation brought him back to the issue at hand.

"Xentar, you came to me as a Sith Lord with all the physical ability you'd ever need. I left you in the capable hands of Garet and Moric, yet you still possess little more direction than this man who's just landed."

Rocketblaze indicated that he spoke of Cody, who had indeed just arrived on Chandrila. It baffled him that his former apprentice was still unversed in the ways of the Serpent Order.

"Still, you've asked me a question. It's only fair that I answer it... I never left, Xentar. I've been on Chandrila all along. My ship remains taken care of, yet unmoved. I have prepared a new personal chamber, yet none have noticed. The very pinnacle of understanding in the ways of the Force has been attained by the man sitting here trying to enjoy some nerf tenderloin... Yet you come in here with spite in your voice. You know nothing of what I've achieved in my time away from the Serpents; nothing of what I can do. Let me ask you, Xentar, what is it which makes you worthy to express such disrespect? Do you think yourself to be my equal? My superior, perhaps? What did Moric teach you that makes you any more of a Serpent than the Sith you were when I so easily broke your neck?"

Contempt laced his tone, inside and out. The Archserpent turned back to his food. It would be a shame to let the fine meal cool. He addressed Xentar once more before resuming his meal.

"Go ahead and reply whenever you feel like it. I'm listening... Or maybe I'm not. Either way, I'm not so sure you care."

Rocketblaze once again enjoyed a sweet marinade that had been slathered over the delicacy in his mouth. Resuming the meal seemed to soothe RB. He once again looked at Cody.

"Please don't let this disrupt your meal. Feel free to speak whenever you're comfortable."

So the Archserpent continued to eat, ready to receive the words of both Xentar and Cody. Unsurprisingly, Vivi jumped up and settled in his lap. Rocketblaze immediately turned to Garet.

"Don't kill this little Squall. I know you're a hunter of much more challenging game, and I honestly don't intend to insult your abilities by implying that you would hunt a Squall. However, this Squall and I have an understanding. I've named her Vivi and find her to bring endless entertainment. While I don't expect you to feel the same, I simply ask that you don't harm her."

Now the Archserpent was entrenched in a conversation spanning three fronts. Diverting his attention to Vivi, he fed her a bit of Muja fruit. Rocketblaze once again took up his fork and awaited the verbal barrage which was to come.

RBgun.jpg

PSN ID: Lord-Pent

Character Sheet