Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

Ripley had just returned to Hoths' atmostphere whaen she recieved a transmission relayed from Echo base to her private comm.

"This is Ripley, Echo base commander. Welcome to Hoth admiral. Sorry iIwasnt here to greet you. Ive been away on business. Im sending you the appropriate codes to deactivate the the perimeter droids and open the hanger bay. Im appraoching your destination and will arrive shortly."

RipleysigArt.jpg

Here to help restore justice and freedom to the galaxy

"Roger that Ripley, I'll see you in the hangar"

*Keiran recieved the codes from Ripley and his R5 unit used them to open the bay doors and deactivate the perimeter droids. Keiran gunned the X-Wings engines and flew into the hangar, expertly activating his repulsorlifts and landing with a soft thud on the hanger floor.*

"I may be an admiral now, but I can still fly"

*Keiran opened his cockpit and jumped onto the floor. Keiran saw Ripley approaching.*

"Hello, my name is Admiral Flash Taxso, and you must be Ripley. I'm here to help head-up all the alliance's fleet operations. Pleased to meet you."

flash.jpg

Ripley shook the mans hand.

"Its a pleasure to meet you to. Welcome to Echo base."Ripley said looking around."Its good to see a new face around here. The Rebellion has been going through some teething problems, but I think things are sorting themselves out. How about I give you a tour of the place?" She asked the admiral.

RipleysigArt.jpg

*Flash nodded*

"I'd like that"

*Keiran looked around the hangar*

"Your ships are well maintained and the techs look quite competent, that's always a good thing when you're using guerrilla tactics. Without well-maintained ships, any rebellion will be doomed to failure. But please, I must be boring you, show me the base."

flash.jpg

...Kamino's alias...

Pal Polloda slowly guided his MonCal Starfighter out of hyperspace. As the Calamarian descended toward the ice-planet called Hoth, he thought about why he was here. Pal recalled his days serving the Republic as President of the Mon Calamarie Counsel...He remembered the peace the Republic had spread...and the freedoms he, and all the other citizens, shared.

But now...the peace was gone. People were oppressed and depressed. They had lost their freedom to the Empire.

Pal had made the commitment to suffer the way his people do. Thus, he had shed his regal garments and fancy protection. Pal Polloda was dedicated to the liberation of his people, and he would use his wealth to help his people.

Pal_Polloda.jpg

-Senator-

Landing his old YT-2000 freighter in the hanger, Drake made his way off the ramp and onto the main deck looking around as he stepped. It had been his first time on Hoth, something he was sure wouldn't be the last time....

Concord Enterprises"The wave of the future, is here today."

*Keiran saw a YT-2000 arrive and a man exit. Keiran waved the man over to where him and Ripley were standing.*

"Hello, my name is Admiral Flash Taxso. I am here to assist the alliance in any way, shape or form. I'd opt for a fleet position but whatever works. I'm not sure if you've met, but this is Ripley."

flash.jpg

Warren leaps out of hyperspace and heads toward the icy surface.. He rbings his X-Wing down to Echo Base and pulls into the hangar.

"Sorry I took off like that, but the Jedi needed me, but in the end they just vanished. Anyway, what do you need me for?"

When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted.

Drake looked around at his fellow rebels and smiled, "Welcome all, my name is Drake. A few days ago I took over the position of leader of the rebellion and now it's time we all work towards bring back peace towards this galaxy...."

Warren extnds his hand to the new leader of the Rebellion. He shakes Drakes hand.

"I'm Warren Worthington. I have come here to take the job as squadron leader of Rogue Squadron. Its great to meet you sir."

When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted.

"I believe I have met Drake."Ripley said to flash. " But only briefly." She turned to face Drake."I receieved your transmission, It's a pleasure to have you in command. The Rebellion needs a strong leader."

As Warren returned Ripley greeted him.

"I tried to help the jedi out too, but its not our place. We have enough of our own problems with the empire." As she spoke she walked back over to Drake and Flash. "Youve met Drake, as you heard hes heading up the rebellion and this is Flash new head of fleet operations."

There was another new arrival, one that Ripley had not met.

"Hi, My name's Ripley. Ive been incharge of running this base for a little while." She intorduced herself.

RipleysigArt.jpg

*A Modified Surronian Conqueror Assault Ship's black form Emerged from Hyperspace and entered hoth's orbit.*

"Mistress Holly, We have arrived in the hoth system, activating automatic surface and space scans... Space traffic minimal life readings concentrated in two major areas, encoded beacon is hailing us, we do have a matching decoder... reciving message.." The ship's sophisticated onboard computer system chimed in a low metallic voice.

A Hologram appeared and began showing several different landing zones the rebel base crew had marked as safe.

"Computer, ill full land us manually this time, I need the practice" Holly explained, sleep still gnawing at her consiousness.

She walked through the short hall into the cockpit and sat down in the comfy pilot's chair. She took the stick in her hands and keyed the combo to disengage autopilot. She Began guiding the ship down into the atmosphere, and toward where the landing guide had designated. As she neared, the ship's streamlined shape easily cut through the harsh hoth climate and landed, with a fairly hard landing. Holly unstapped herself from the seat and pulled on her weapons belt, checking the blaster's charges. She pulled on a light jacket and headed for the ships landing ramp. As she exited a wave of cold hit her, but it wasnt too bad. she strode out, and over the frozen ground to the nearest door. The keypad was blown over with snow, but the print scanner was fine. she lifted the protective cover. with a little trouble it recognised her, and the door slid open, a warm wash of air flowed out. Holly entered, and began looking for Ripley and the others.

holly.jpg

Another rebel had landed.

This is becoming quite the reunion. Ripleyn thought to herself.

She was glad to see the rebellion coming together. She had spent a while her on her own with just droids. The company that had arrived recently was most welcome.

Drake had given Ripley the title of Echo Base comander. She was very proud since she had put a lot of work into getting this place up and running.

The new arrival had entered. a young woman with a formidable looking weapons belt. Ripley recognised the woman, she had met her breifly at the Rebels last regrouping.

What was her name...Holly!

Ripley aproached her. "Hello Holly. It's glad to see some of our member are still alive. On behalf of everyone Id like to welcome you to Echo base."

Deciding that the new arrivals were probably tired Ripley decided to play the cordial hostess.

"Im sure your all tired from your travels. Would any care to join me for coffee in the mess hall? We can discuss the rebellions' current sitution in a more comfortable environment."

With that she headed to the Mess hall and powered up the beverage machine.

Edited by Guest

RipleysigArt.jpg

*Flash nodded*

"Yes, coffee would be nice"

*He followed ripley to the mess hall and grabbed a cup from the beverage maker. After sitting down and waiting until everybody else had seated, Flash began.*

((OOC:Pal, I'm assuming that you landed and are in the meeting with us))

"I think, the very first step to starting this rebellion is our battle fleet of capital ships and snubfighters. Without any firepower we cannot fight the tyranny of the empire. I've reviewed many different planets, and I've come to the conclusion that a logical first step in our quest to vanquish the Empire is to visit Mon Calamari and recover what remaining ships we have there and re-establish their ship yards. That way we can better support our fleet. Pal, as a leading comrade from Mon Calamari, you are our foremost expert on the planet, do you know how much damage you suffered from the imperial attack that occured not to long ago? Drake, as the leader of our rebellion, can you tell me the amount of firepower we currently have? "

Edited by Guest
flash.jpg

Ripley used the machine to make a cup of sweet black coffee. She needed it. She heated up a packet of some sort of dehydrated food that wouldnt go off. It left something to be desired. It wasnt exactly appetizing and looked like something a mad scientsit had created. But she decided that it would do.

She took her food over to the table wear the others were seated. After taking a long sip of her coffe and several bites from the...well whatever it was supposed to be...she stopped and began to listen intently to Flash.

He had asked some good questions and she was interested in hearing the answers. Since Ripley had spent some time on Hoth she knew little about what was going on with the rest of the rebellion.

She silently sipped at her coffee, savouring the Hot dark liquid.

RipleysigArt.jpg

Warren say to the people in charge.

"While you guys are discussing things. Im gonna go out and train my pilots, so they can survive. Now if you will excuse me." He walks out the door and into the hangar. He walks over to a group of pilots who were standing around joking.

"Hey. You guys should be training, and instead you are joking around. Well, the next time you laugh it will be when the Empire is defeated. Now get to your ships. We are practicing untill we are falling asleep at the controls."

Warren walks to his X-Wing and climbs in. "You ready Goblin."

"Blerp Beep." Warren smiles and fires up the engines and weapons.

"Rogue Squadron, lets head out. Follow me."

The squadrons ships, consisting of A,B,Y, andX-Wings head out following Warren. They head into the hills were Warren had some 100 probes with training lasers and programmed with TIE fighter manuevers ready. Warren doesnt tell the pilots this. He wants them to be suprised.

*Flash saw Warren leave and heard the whine of the fighter's engines as they boosted out of the hangar*

"Well at least he's doing something..."

*Flash looked around at the leaders of the Rebellion gathered around him*

"So many people leading yet nothing being done... This has to change"

((OOC: This is why the rebellion is doing so badly at the moment, no leadership. I've attempted bringing forth a plan 4 days ago but I can't go through with my plan until I get leadership approval, which I don't know how long that will take. The only active members I see are me, warren and ripley. Can we get something done over here? This is frustrating...))

flash.jpg

Warren looks down at his radar and sees the probes moving in and he smiles. He coms to his squadron.

Ok guys look alert. We got company. X-Wings break off and head left locking your S-foils into attack position. Y-Wings, gain some alititude and drop bombs and ion blasts on them. B-Wings lock S-foils and move in from the right. A-Wing blasts straight through them firing all lasers. Make 4 pases and then head backto base. Ok. Now do your jobs men."

He wacthes as the Y-Wings lift out of view and the B-wings head off to the right. He sees the X-Wings break off to the left. They expect him to go with them, but he heads with the A-Wings. He takes the lead and locks his S-foils.

"Raptor squadron, on me. On my mark blast ahead of me and start firing"

The A-Wings get into formation behind him and follow him. Soon the first probe is in sight.

"Mark."

The A-Wings blast ahaead. He can see their laser cannons spitting red lines from their tips. He smiles.

OOC: Flash, just calm down. Suprisingly I do have a life outside of the rp and as such I've been away from the computer for the past couple of days.

IC: Drake shook his head, "Mon Calamari is likely in control of the empire right now, and as such it wouldn't be wise to travel there. As for our fleet, I'll worry about getting it together. In the meantime, being working on any fleet tactics we could use in the future."

With that Drake headed out and made his way towards the Jedi Temple....

((OOC: No problem, it's all good ))

*Flash took a sip of his coffee and began thinking*

"Even Mon Calamari is under imperial control? Thats disturbing..."

*Keiran looked around*

"Ok, We'll do what he said then. Tactics. As our fleet is considerably smaller than the imperial's, we'll have to revert to guerrilla warefare, hit and run tactics. That means starfighters will be essential."

*Flash looked at the people gathered around*

"Ah yes, Warren went out to do some training..."

*Flash grabbed his comlink and flipped it to Warren's channel*

"Warren, we need you in here. As the leader of Eclipse Wing, you're our starfighter man. We're developing tactics and we need your input."

*Flash flipped off his comlink and continued.*

"Well, he'll be here shortly. In the meantime, I think our best bet is to use starfighter squadrons to harrass imperial convoys and and disrupt their supply lines. What do you guys think?"

flash.jpg

Warren hears and com and shakes his head.

"Even when trying to do some training to save them, they feel they can mess things up. Figures."

He opens fire with his laser cannons. He had linked all four together and already disabled one probe already. He opens a com to the other squadrons and gives them the orders.

"Rogue and Rex Squadrons, move in now. Quake Squadron, begin dropping bombs and watch out for us."

He sees the X-Wings mvoe in form the side. He watches as Rogue 4 gets shot down. He had issued a program into the X-Wings from his own, that when they are shot, the fighter automatically takes the pilot back to the hangar. He shakes his head and keeps blasting away. He begins to see bomb drop from above. One almost lands on him, but he jerks the stick to the left sending him into a spiral.

"Damn it."

He opens fire into another probe and it goes down. He flys up into the air to check out the situation. There were 5 A-Wings missing, 2 X-Wings, and 1 B-Wing. No Ys were missing becuase they were just dropping off packages.

He shakes his head knowing they werent even up to a dogifhgt with probes yet. He reaches down and disables the probes and they all drop tothe ground. The Wing leader opens a com tothe fighters and tells them the new orders.

"Everyone get your sorry a**es back to the hangar. And when I get their, everyone better be out and at attention or else you will be sorry."

He watches as all the fighters streak back toward the hangar, He could have sworn an X-Wing beat an A back.

He flies his own ship abck and pulls it in. He climbs out and walks ovet to his troops.

"You guys are sorry. You dont even deseve to wear that flight suit. Just remember, those were programmed eith Imperial tactics. If this had beena real dogfight, the pilots would be thinking creatively. So all of you would be dead. We should have ended that battle in 20 seconds if not sooner. Not hit the showers, you all stink."

He walk off with anger in his eyes. He enters the room containing Flash and salutes.

"Warren Worthington reporting sir."

Warren puts his hands at the small of his back and stands at ease.

"Sir, I believe that is the best idea. Except we would need to get some hyperspace mines. Becuase once they realize what we are doing, they will be usin different hyperspace routes. We woud also need to get some people inside the Imperial network, so we could try and raid their best supply ships, so we dont watse our time with petty crap sir. We would need to take their weapons, troops and fighters sir. If we could stea some TIE fighters, we could use that to ouradvantage sir. Think about it."

"In the middle of a battle between the the rebel fighters and TIE fighters. Some TIE fighters burst out of nowhere. Then all of a sudden, they begin firing at TIEs. The Empire would be confused. They woul hav to start shooting their own men. Thats my opinion sir. Now if you don't mind, I need to get those sorry pieces of crap, we call pilots into the simulalators. Would you like to come along sir. To see what you have to work with."

*Flash sat at the table and tought about the ideas that Warren put forth*

"The man has a point, we can't go after random convoys... We need some info on the imperials... We don't have time to send actual spies in, but I can ask the next best person..."

*Flash turned to Warren*

"Yes Warren, I think I will join you, but I have to go and ask somebody about imperial activities. I know the perfect person to ask though I'd have to travel to Coruscant as soon as possible. You get started with your simulator run, I'll join you after I return."

*Flash stood up, placed his coffee on the table and went to the hangar. Jumping in his X-Wing, Flash gunned the engines and headed to space. Once in orbit, Flash programmed the co-ordinates for Coruscant and jumped into hyperspace.*

flash.jpg

Ripley finished her coffee and put down the mug.

Some interesting ideas had been put forward and she wasa glad to she the rebellion actually taking an aggressive stance. since her job was to keep this place up and running she would miss out on the action. But that didnt bother Ripley at all...She only used violence when absolutely necessary. It was necessary to fight the empire...But running echo base was her was of helping the cause.

Perhaps there was life in the old girl yet...if they needed her Ripley was ready to fight.

While she thought about weather her combat days were over, the disscusion came to an end. As quickly as the rebels had arrived, they were ready to leave again.

Ripley stayed in the mess hall for a while thinking about the future of the Rebellion and weather or not they really stood a chance against the Empire.

RipleysigArt.jpg

...Kamino's alias...

Pal Polloda slowly guided his MonCal Starfighter out of hyperspace. As the Calamarian descended toward the ice-planet called Hoth, he thought about why he was here. Pal recalled his days serving the Republic as President of the Mon Calamarie Counsel...He remembered the peace the Republic had spread...and the freedoms he, and all the other citizens, shared.

But now...the peace was gone. People were oppressed and depressed. They had lost their freedom to the Empire.

Pal had made the commitment to suffer the way his people do. Thus, he had shed his regal garments and fancy protection. Pal Polloda was dedicated to the liberation of his people, and he would use his wealth to help his people.

Ok, you see that post up there ^...the one from page 7...well thats about 1/5 of what I was going to write. The problem is that MY COMPUTER IS GAY, LITTERALLY! I went to Preview, but the darn thing went to submit...then my computer froze..and then I had to leave and therefore couldn't fix it..and then, I took a sledgehammer and killed it because it is retarded..Ok, done venting...this is my "catch up post, so it isn't that great.

IC:

Pal landed the Mon Cal Starfighter and joined teh others at the table.

"I am Pal Polloda, here to offer my services to the Galactic Alliance."

Pal_Polloda.jpg

-Senator-

Pal was still sitting at the table. He was a calamarian, an amphibious species that Ripley hadnt seen before. Everyone elses seemed busy so Ripley decieded to talk to Pal about how he felt he could help the Rebellion.

"So Pal, what services can you offer to the Rebellion? We are in desperte need of ships but we also need new members. The rebellion is still very small. Unless our numbers grow I fear we will not be able to defeat the Empire. I arrived in your galaxy by accident. I come from a place far far away. When I arrived I was appauled that nobody was standing up against the Empire. To me the only thing that seemed right was to join the Rebellion. Since I joined there have been several leaders and things have slowly gotten worse. But I think Drake will make a difference. It us who must aid him. Together we will all make a difference. "

She paused for a moment. " I was wondering how you feel about all this and if you have any suggestions."

RipleysigArt.jpg

Ripley was glad to see Drake return.

"How was your trip?" she asked.

She wasnt sure what Drakes' mission had been but she hoped that he had been successful.

RipleysigArt.jpg

Warren walks to the simulators followed by his pilots. They reach a long wall which is covered by simulators. He tell his men to get in a simulator and then he will comm them with the spicifics. They all enter the simulators and sit down. Warren sits down and straps in. He enters the code for an X-Wings controls and they slide out followed by an X-Wings start up sequence.

Warren startsup the X-Wing and he can now see out of the X-Wings cockpit. He starts up the weapons and can hear the simulated sounds of other Rebel fighters engines and weapons powering up. Soon he is in space flying with his squadrons. He comms to them.

"Ok guys. You better look better than you did before. Now split up into squadrons. Raptor squadron head left with Bronto squadron in the rear. I want triple formation now. One K in ront of two As. Rex and Rogue Squadron the same. One X in front of two Bs. Ripper and Blade squadron. Rippers fly cover for th Raptr and Bronto. Blades, fly cover for Rex and Rogue. There will be TIE Defenders and Interceptors flying agasinst us. They are the best the Empire has to offer us, for now. So look your sharpest."