Space

Ary the Grey

"I must admit though, I'm surprised that your friends don't judge you." She didn't mean to ignore the others, but it was awkward to address them directly right now. "My experience with the Jedi has been quite different. As soon as they find out who I am, it's disdain and even outright hostility."

Skye fell quiet, just sipping her caffa and listening to the conversation. She wondered who the Jedi were that treated the young girl so badly as she told them about her experiences with the Jedi so far. Skye shook her head, hoping that Emily would find this experience in a much better light. The Healer could relate though... given some of her own actions and how some of the other Jedi saw her. She listened as Emily told them about her life, how she was left an orphan for a time before seeking the Sith.

When Emily mentioned Andon being her Uncle her eyebrow raised in surprise. She hadn't seen or heard from the charming Andon Colos in years either, other than the rumour she heard of him getting married. She had met Andon while she was still a hopeful. Skye smiled at a memory, one of a... rather amusing lightsaber battle between Andon and John Skywalker that she had witnessed. The two men had started on top of a building and had leaped off it only to continue their duel as they fell. Catching Emily's eye she said,

"I doubt very much that Andon Colos is dead Emily," Skye said, "I heard a while back that your Uncle married Jaina Jade Skywalker. I'd surmise that they are together somewhere, keeping to themselves. One day they might return."

"The rest is recent history. I started hopeful classes, met Nishant, and here I am. But I find myself exceedingly puzzled by the Jedi." She hoped Darla or the others would be able to answer some questions for her. "The grandmaster was cold to me, and another Jedi Knight almost attacked me when he learned who my father was. The former grandmaster, a woman named Darkfire, was rude and abrupt to my ma--Lord Montar--when we were attacking Gala in retaliation from a Jedi attack on the Sith temple. If the Jedi are truly the accepting, forgiving, peace-loving people from the holovids, I certainly haven't seen it. Why do they insist on slaughtering Sith? Just because they believe them to be evil?"

"I don't know why some Jedi act like that. I can't say that I have met the current Grandmaster, but the previous one, Armiena Draygo-Darkfire, and I have not seen eye to eye on a few matters. You see, as a Healer, I show compassion to those who need it - no matter who they are, and even if they are classified as the "enemy". In fact, there are probably quite a few of the Jedi Order who disagree with my philosophy, especially since I have both fought and healed the likes of Kakuto Ryu and Vladimir Faust." Skye glanced over at Darla and Darex before returning her gaze to Nishant and Emily.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye grinned at Emily, throwing a wink her way as she headed back to the kitchenette and began washing the mugs up. She hoped that the young girl would feel like she was at home here on Serenity. When Darex excused himself to go to bed, Skye figured she would leave Emily in Darla's capable hands. To Nishant she murmured softly, "I'll be meditating in my conservatory. Come and find me when you are ready. We will still be a while before reaching Corellia so you may rest first if you wish." Smiling towards Nishant, Skye nodded her head in farewell to the two women before she left the living area, lightly touching her hand to Nishant's shoulder on her way past him. Of course, if Darla wished to rest, Emily was welcome to locate her also if she wanted to, the decision would be totally hers.

It didn't take long before she entered her hydroponic garden on the next level. Skye had invested a lot of time, effort and love in this garden nursery, making it a restful, peaceful location within her ship, as well as one that allowed her to create vaccines and other medicinal requirements. This was a place where she could come to and meditate, or just sit and commune with the life Forces within the plants. Within this garden hold there were plants representing many planets. Each one had a medicinal purpose as well as being beautiful to look at along with their varying scents.

Skye stopped in the center of her garden, her eyes flicking around her plants making sure that they had everything they needed before she lowered herself to the lotus position. She took a deep breath drawing in the varying scents, her eyes closing as she opened herself up to the Force.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 6 years later...

Once in hyperspace, I-Nine had several trips from the cargo hold to the medbay restocking it. Skye would work out of one of the hospitals and only use her ship as a backup if needed. She made herself a quick meal then headed into her training room. After being in a meditative sleep for so long she wanted to work all the kinks out. She activated a program that would put her through her paces, letting her go through her lightsaber forms and getting her muscle memory working again.

She let herself sink into the Force as she drew her amethyst blade. Skye would practice later with Heaven’s Mandate, the ornate long sword with the silver dragon on the hilt that was kept within a hidden compartment of her ship. Her lightsaber was easier to carry and conceal. Skye had specialized in Form III, and then had added Form IV to her skills. She used a loose combination of both forms, combining the acrobatics of Ataru with the more defensive techniques of Soresu. She went through her forms now, setting herself against the hologram training device. The realistic ‘enemy’ clashed blades with her, over and over. Skye flurried her blade, drawing her opponent in before she clashed their blades once more. By the time the program finished she was lathered with perspiration.

The Healer showered and changed into a fresh white tunic though this one was in a special armor weave. It never hurt to be prepared for any eventuality. She headed to the cockpit and slid into the pilots chair just before it beeped a warning that ”Phoenix” was coming out of hyperspace. The sense she got through the Force as of pain and suffering. She ran a search for the hospital nearest the scene and set the co-ordinates, sending her ship through the atmosphere of the City Planet.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 2 months later...

Once the co-ordinates had been inserted to the Navi-computer and the ship entered hyperspace, Skye left the cockpit and headed to the medbay. She handed the dart to Flitter to begin the analysis then removed her tunic top and lay down on the examination bed. I-Nine activated the scanner while Flitter brought up the holo screens with the results. Skye used the time to go into a healing trance, making sure that she had removed all of the poisons. She knitted closed her wounds and used the time to make sure she would be well rested and ready for anything once they got to their destination. During this time, Flitter ran the tests and analysis on the dart and began the process of creating an antidote.

In no time at all they were coming out of hyperspace on approach to Corellia.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 1 month later...

Skye had followed Tenebris into the gunship then stepped into the room she had been allotted, leaving the door open for the time being. She placed her bag upon the bunk and looked around. The room was sparse, but that was to be expected of a military craft. Figuring she would pass some time in meditation she sat on the floor in a cross legged position, her hands resting upon her knees, facing the door. Closing her eyes she began to meditate, letting the Force swirl around her. Slowly she rose from the floor, levitating about 10cm from the grey metal plating. She could feel the engine's vibrations as the ship took off and headed for Onderon.

Reaching out she could feel Lux struggling with her feelings. Slowly Skye let her empathetic energies wrap around the young woman, soothing her so that she could feel some measure of peace, also letting the words gently form in her mind, ”I am here if you need to talk or if you want instruction in the ways of the Force…

SkyeOrgana.jpg

As she went deeper into her meditative state, Skye opened her mind further, seeking guidance to the problem they had stumbled upon on Corellia. Faust ... It pained her that Darex and Onderin had sacrificed themselves to be rid of that madman and now it seemed like he was back and they were still gone. Where she had once had a Master-Padawan bond with Darex, there was an emptiness. A hollow void where there had once been a strong connection, a friendship that she missed dearly. If only she could reach his presence wherever he may be within the living Force. If she could then maybe she’d be able to get some answers, some advice on how to defeat Faust once and for all for it this truly was Faust then there would be a confrontation for sure.

Seeking guidance, advice and a comforting presence Skye extended her senses further, attempting to open the old bond between herself and her former Master. Strange… Normally she would feel that bright spark that was Tares and that was enough to reassure her no matter how far away he was… but she couldn’t sense him at all… There was only an uneasy feeling to guide her… a feeling that something was wrong. Hopefully it was something as simple as him going into a ysalamiri bubble and not something more sinister.

Slowly she lowered herself back to the floor, coming out of the meditation with more questions than answers. She stood, hearing voices through her open door. Skye went into hallway so she could observe the sparring match.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Still wanting some answers, Skye ducked back into her room and sent a comm off to Xae-Lin Ardel. Once it was sent she moved back into the hallway and followed the others to the sparring room where she slipped in and remained along the wall, watching as Tenebris and Lux began to spar.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 3 months later...

As they slipped into hyperspace on a mini jump Skye turned to Xae, “I have some news. I felt Darex return to us just after I felt Kirlocca’s passing.” They discussed this for a while before they reverted to real-space to send and receive messages and program in their new destination. Resuming contact with her droids on Serenity she was informed she had a few messages. The first message that she received had her smile light up her features as it was from Darex. She played it for Xae to hear.

Skye, my dear friend...I'm back. The Force has seen fit to return me to the galaxy.

I've been trying to get caught up on what's been going on, and I just saw that you were put on the Council. It's about time. I'm so glad for you.

I don't know where you are or what you are doing now, but I hope we can meet in person soon. I'm eager to see you again, and I'm sure you can fill me in much better as to what's been going on than the holonet can.

Your friend,

Darex

The next was regarding Kirlocca and was for both Jedi.

All allies and members of the Order, please proceed with all haste to Kachirho on Kashyyyk, to pay respects to our fallen Grandmaster on his ancestral home in three days’ time.

Turning back to Xae she murmured, “We will have to meet up with the Commissioner later. I’ll send him a message stating where we are headed and will give him the other information I have on Faust.” Skye composed the message, informing Xae at the same time while the Exorcist programmed the Navicomputer of their new destination… Kashyyyk.

++ Under heavy encryption, a Comm is sent to Commissioner E’lann from Jedi Masterhealer Skye Organa ++

Commissioner,

I will have to defer our debriefing as Xae and I have to attend Kirlocca’s memorial service on Kashyyyk. On a lighter note, Darex Trevelian has returned to us. I will be meeting up with him soon. I have no word if Onderin Starlisk has returned as yet. I will keep you informed.

The information I received from the Wraith was about Faust. I was informed that before Faust’s ship The Bhelliom was destroyed and he died at the Memorial, his cyberlink had “backed up” to a safehouse on Coruscant. He is cloning a real body to revive himself so he can draw his full spirit back to a living vessel. The Wraith spoke of two spirits holding him in the ‘Chaos of the Dark Side’ as he put it. The reason Faust wanted me was that he has been having problems with the clones not holding onto vitality. His darkside influence causes a rot that saps the vitality from these clones so he cannot currently perfect a clone to what he was before his demise. What we have been fighting are puppet vessels of his will. The wraith was unable to tell me where these clones were being created though warned that we must stop Faust from creating his perfected vessel. We are to ‘seek the puppeteer, the root of the malice and cut those strings. We are to find the Eyes of the Hunter’. It was in the process of telling me more when the wraith was pulled away.

I’m sure you will agree with me when I say I believe there was more to that little display Faust and the Dark Lord put on for us. I feel if we had remained on Onderon we all would have become prisoners of the Sith. I figured it was best leaving while they would let us so we could continue the fight from elsewhere. I will endeavour to meet with you after Kirlocca’s funeral.

May the Force be with you.

Skye

The Healer also sent a message to I-Nine and Flitter to head to Kashyyyk and stay away from Onderon. A third message was to her first former Padawan.

++ Comm to Darex Trevelian from Skye Organa ++

Darex,

I am so glad you are back with us. I have missed you dear friend. I am eager to meet with you as well. I am headed to Kirlocca’s memorial service and hope to see you there so we can catch up.

I have been hunting down leads in regard to Faust with Commissioner E’lann of CoreSec and another provisional agent, Lux. Xae also joined us on Onderon though the Sith showed up on mass so we had to leave while we could - I will fill you in once we meet.

May the Force be with You,

Skye

With the comm’s sent the shuttle again took a dive into hyperspace headed towards Kashyyyk.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye looked out at the blue and white streaks of hyperspace for a moment before shifting her gaze back to Xae, “Yes, Faust is an old enemy. We’ve crossed paths many times in the past. I even healed him once." The Healer shook her head as if she couldn't believe she'd done that back then, "As for the spirits, while Tenebris and I were in the crypts beneath the Onderonian Palace the spirits of the long dead Sith contacted us. Their hatred of Jedi was obvious so I was surprised that they didn’t attack us but gave us information instead. They allied with us because we were attempting to stop Faust.” Skye paused a moment before continuing, “Their words were…” her eyes closed in concentration to recall their conversation.

Beware, the Hunter stirs once more.

His soul and body were one in the end, both cast into the pits of Chaos and Hell, scattered in the Darkness.

His mind now runs across the stars, awakened by other dwellers in the Darkness who called him False.

He seeks to restore himself to his full powers, the powers he wielded at the moment of his final defeat.

This must not come to pass or all will be ruined. The Zero-Wound was healed, but he stirs the fires of chaos.

His Legacy of Blood must be destroyed! The Eyes of the Hunters must be blinded!

Do this and victory will forever be beyond his grasp, his soul never to reform again!

Opening her eyes once more, the Healer met the eyes of her companion. We captured one of Faust’s minions soon after that encounter. Once we were back in the square his construct confronted us. I fell prey to one of Faust’s tricks. I realised too late that he had unleashed a Sonic attack. It was while I was unconscious that the Wraith appeared to me telling me that Faust must be stopped.” As Xae had heard the other details Skye had put in her report to the Commissioner she didn’t rehash it, her thoughts going back over what the first spirits had told her. “The others they spoke of are that Cult of Morthos… what can you tell me about them?”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 1 month later...

After the first of a series of random hyperspace jumps Skye headed to the galley, popping her head in on the twins who were sitting with Tirzah's still form. "I'm just going to make us something to eat and then you two can get some rest." She received a chorus of 'Yes Grandma Skye' and the two reluctantly left their friend's side to follow the Healer. They settled themselves at the table, the Nanny droid entering and stating that their beds were ready when they were. Skye thanked the droid and got herself busy fixing an evening meal for the twins and herself. It wasn't long before she produced a casserole with rice and the three sat together to eat. The twins were already yawning when they rose from the table, Skye guiding them to their beds. Once they were showered, changed and in bed she gave each a kiss to their forehead and a hug, pulling up their blankets so they were snug. Two young voices murmured 'Goodnight Grandma Skye' to which she responded in kind, saying goodnight to each child before she turned the light off, letting the Nanny droid watch over them while they slept.

The Healer checked on Tirzah, resting a hand upon the girls face soothingly, "You will be alright Tirzah. I have every confidence in your Mother. She will bring you back so you can be whole once more. Until then, know that I am here..." It didn't matter if her young charge could hear her or not, the sentiment was there. Skye watched her for a long moment before stirring herself to her next task. She had two vials of Sith Poisons to analyse and make antidotes for. She headed to the lab, Flitter floating along behind her. I-Nine met them there. The first vial she worked on was Faust's. The one that Tenebris had come in contact with. She knew the symptoms it had caused, the rage that had possessed the Coresec Officer. She knew it was a contact poison. She also knew that it would likely take her a long time to analyse it, not knowing if there was a way to create an antidote for it. Once she had prepared a sample of it - all done within a containment field - every precaution taken not to be affected by it, she set upon setting up the second sample. By the time she had set Kern’s poison in the analyse machine as well she was feeling very weary. All she had to do now was wait...

While she worked on the samples she had Flitter and I-Nine both searching the holonet and the packets of information that had been sent to her for anything relevant to her search. Every time the droids had found something she had paused to watch - or read - the reports. She took the reports with her as she retired, reading a few more before placing them down to rest. The droids would alert her the moment the samples were analysed, or if anything else happened in the meantime.

Four hours later the Healer rose, checked on the twins and her patient before she started reading more of the reports. She had the droids searching for anything that might pinpoint where this ‘safehouse’ was that the ‘Bhelliom’ backed up to but realised that she might have to find someone more tech savvy than she was. With that in mind she placed an ad on the holonet and went back to work…

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 1 month later...

--- A Comm to Jaina Jade Skywalker came in on the Jedi encrypted codes ---

Jaina,

I am so sorry about Tirzah. You have my sympathy. I wish there could have been something I could have done to help you. I know this will be a difficult question to answer, though I need to ask what you would like to do with Tirzah’s remains. I will keep her with me until you decide. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. I will be heading to Hesperidium to meet with the Supreme Commander and with Darex.

May the Force be with you,

Skye

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 6 months later...

Once they had entered hyperspace enroute to the Jedi Fleet, Skye left the cockpit giving Flitter instructions to monitor their course. She joined Jackson, leading him to the Meditation room and indicating for him to take a seat. “Now, one thing I would like to do with you is to make a connection through the Force with our minds. It will make it easier if comms go down for us to communicate telepathically. The more familiar you are with my Force presence, the easier it will be.” She met his gaze, her mind open for him to attempt a connection. “Reach out to me with your mind.”

Soon, the Padawan’s eyelids flickered and his pupils dilated. It took some serious effort and willpower to force his instinctual concealment to relax. To allow himself to unwind, close his eyes, stretch out his feelers, and really see. It was a similar sense as earlier, when he had lost focus and turned his attention inwards. The only difference now was that he was taking a more active role, deliberately searching for a connection to his mentor. Looking for one of the few other presences on board the ship.

Of the smattering of dim lights nearby, Jackson noted that the small sun in the room with him was most likely to be Skye. The kiddos and other Jedi had already left, after all, so there were few other possibilities.

Jackson carefully wrapped his coils around that brighter presence, feeling it, even wincing and drawing back a few times before adjusting to the comparative intensity, like stepping out of a cold pool and into a scalding tub of water. And then it happened. Mostly on accident, Jackson linked his sense to Skye’s, opening himself up and freely, almost forcefully, sharing all that he was. But all too quickly, it was gone. That brief contact and full, undisclosed sharing of information ending just as soon and as abruptly as it had started, more akin to an accident caused by a twitching muscle than any real desire to open up.

Slowly, almost groggily, the Padawan picked himself up from the floor and rubbed the side of his head. His eyes wandered through the room for a brief moment before settling on Skye, then closing for a few moments. The overstimulation of the brief contact had shaken him a bit, but in an alien and unfamiliar way rather than an uncomfortable one. “How did I do?” He asked quietly, after gathering his bearings.

A smile crossed her features as she felt her Padawan taking his first steps to using the Force. The Healer followed his progress though did not interfere. When Jackson opened his mind to her, Skye caught the brief contact before he shut down once more. Regardless of it only being a very brief touch she was proud of his accomplishment. Opening her own eyes, Skye smiled at him, “You did very well, Jackson. The more you practice the more you become familiar with my Force Presence.” A thoughtful expression crossed the Healer’s face, “We will soon be arriving at the marshalling point. Get some rest while you can. I have a feeling that we’ll end up very busy all too soon.” Skye knew she’d have to follow her own advice as well. If this upcoming battle went the way of a lot of the other previous battles she would have her hands full in the Medbay… [to Onderon battle]

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 1 month later...

A few hours later, Skye woke up much refreshed to what she'd been when her head had hit the pillow. It wasn't nearly enough though it would do for now. She had a report to make to Darex and one to Andon. To that end, she began formulating her messages reporting on what had happened at Onderon. Once she had them recorded, she sent them off. She could only hope that they had heard something regarding Jaina by the time they got her report. She also mentioned to Darex that she was taking Jackson to Corellia to train him. The message to Andon was more somber, just mentioning that she had not heard what had happened to his wife, nor if she were still with them or if she'd become one with the Force.

Messages sent she headed down to the Galley to make dinner. She enjoyed cooking, especially when it was for someone other than just herself. It wasn't long before she had a hearty stew simmering away, as well as some fresh crusty buns cooking in the oven. The aroma of the meal wafted through the ship, the Jedi Master knowing that she wouldn't have to call her Padawan to come and eat - he'd be drawn to the galley by the mouth watering smell of the stew and bread. Once it was ready she began serving up, hoping that Jackson had a good appetite.

Comm. to Grandmaster Darex Trevelian from Master Skye Organa

Darex,

As you have most likely heard by now, the battle to free Onderon from the Sith went badly. I have attached a file with the report of what went on. I have troubling news as well. Jedi Master Jaina Skywalker is missing. I do not know what became of her, if she lives or if she has become one with the Force. Her unit was decimated by the Sith. Being surrounded by the wounded, I couldn't focus to find her. I do hope that by the time you receive this that there is some favorable news on what happened with her.

I am going to take my Padawan to Corellia to train. You know the location. Please let me know if you need me for anything.

Love Skye

[report attached]

Comm to Andon Colos from Skye Organa

Andon,

I hope that by the time you receive this there will be some new information come to light. As it is, Jaina went missing during the battle for Onderon. I am unsure of what happened to her. The Sith decimated the unit that Jaina was with. I was surrounded by wounded and couldn't sense her. I am sorry to give you this news Andon. I'm hoping that she is still with us and just not able to reach us through the Force.

You and Jaina are in my thoughts.

Skye

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye looked up as Jackson came into the galley, a smile upon her face as she placed bowls and utensils on the table, then the buns and stew pot, indicating for him to serve himself how much he'd like. "Enough for now," she answered his question regarding getting enough rest, as she served hers up. "Feel free to have seconds if you like. It's there to have." For a while the only sounds was that of the pair eating.

"It'll take 3 days to get to Corellia. One protocol I always use is to make several random hyperspace jumps so that it makes it more difficult to track where we've come from. It is a lesson I learned back when the Sith were actively hunting Jedi. You will notice a huge difference from Coruscant when we get to Corellia. The Forest Retreat is on the point of a teardrop shaped lake. All you will see above ground is a log cabin, everything else is underground, including the hanger. We took a lot of precautions and so far we've been lucky to keep it secluded and private." The Healer gathered up the empty plates and put them in the dishwasher. "So how are you going with the piloting? Once you're feeling confident with the sim's, we'll take Serenity for a spin so you can get some practice."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye listened to Jackson as he mentioned not being able to feel the ship while in the sims. "Yes, it certainly sounds like you have an affinity for machines. I can surmise that you subconsciously tap into the force when you pilot a speeder or when you work on machines. When we get to Corellia we will test that theory out with the speeder first, then with Serenity later.”

The Healer finished her dinner and gathered up the empty plates, placing them in the dishwasher. She then placed what remained of the stew into the chiller. “If you’re hungry at any time feel free to grab something to eat.” One thing her Padawan would discover is that he’d never have to go hungry. There was always food in the pantry - and the hydroponics unit too. She would teach him how to prepare and cook the different foods.

“How are you going with your mental exercises and meditation?” Skye motioned for him to come with her as she led the way to the hold and took out the training saber, handing it too him. “Once you are proficient with Form 1 we will move onto another of the Forms. I use a combination of Forms III and IV. Before we begin though I want you to try something.” She indicated for him to sit on the floor facing her, as she gracefully sat down herself. She took out a credit chip and placed it on the floor between them. “This is an exercise that my Master got me to do back when I was first starting out. Once you are confident with this we shall move onto larger objects.” Skye pointed to the chip. “I want you to open your mind to mine and follow what I am about to do.” She waited for her Padawan to do so before she “showed” him how to lift the credit chip. It rose from the floor and floated between them for a moment before sinking back to the floor. “Now you try. Take your time.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

It was a challenge to keep a straight face though Skye kept a serene expression on her face when she was inwardly amused at where Jackson had sent the chip. Still she couldn't help but say, "Just as well we started with something small. I was tempted to get you to start with the lightsaber." She allowed a slight smile to grace her face before the expression smoothed out once more. It had been interesting back when she had been learning to use the Force so many years before. There had been so many amusing things she had done when learning from Master Tares Vortex. She would let Jackson practice a little more with this exercise before sparring with him.

While she observed her Padawan her mind wandered a little, wondering how Darla was getting on. Skye would also have to check in with Darex again and see what was happening. She had the impression that something big had happened since they had left Coruscant. She wondered if they had closed in on Faust yet or if he'd pulled another of his stunts. With that in mind she used her implant to contact i-Nine and Flitter, instructing them to check the news to do with Coruscant since that was where he had been when she'd left to go to Onderon. With the message sent to the droids she turned her attention back to Jackson...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Skye observed silently as Jackson practiced. She knew he’d get the hang of it in his own time. What she saw here showed his potential. When he said he’d work on it later, the Healer gave a nod of her head in assent. “You will get better with time and practice.” Giving her Padawan a smile she followed suit, standing and moving towards a cabinet to get two of the simulation headsets, before moving to the centre of the hold. She handed Jackson one of the headsets and placed hers on, the pads going just behind the ears. As if on queue, Flitter entered the hold and floated over to a panel, ready to activate the simulator when Skye indicated for it.

“For starters I’d like you to run through the basics, then I’ll add in elements to make our sparring session a little more interesting.” Her eyes sparkled with anticipation. She would be curious to see how he would handle some of the sim elements thrown in. She had used the holo-simulator numerous times for training, though the simulator she had on Corellia was more elaborate than the one in her ship. It did, after all, have more space to use.

Skye took her saber from her hip and dialed down the setting to match the training saber Jackson had. She ignited the amethyst blade with it’s customary *snap-hiss* and stood, holding it loosely waiting for her Padawan to ready himself. She would let him make the first move.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 1 month later...

As Jackson took up his stance, Skye observed silently. He was looking a little more comfortable now as he held the saber but she could see how he was still over compensating on the weight of the weapon compared to his stun baton. She met his attack defensively, hearing the crackling and seeing the sparks of the energy blades clashing.

The Jedi Master met each of his attacks, letting him get used to the much lighter weapon and feeling the power he was putting behind each strike. If he were to look at her eyes, Jackson would notice the mischief shining in them as she brought her hand up and ‘pushed’ him backwards. She followed this with a flurry of strikes before going back on the defensive. Skye was hoping that he would attempt to use the Force to assist with his movements. “Just like with the credit chip, you can use the Force to pull or push your opponent. Don’t think about it, just let it happen,” the Healer advised.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 2 months later...

Skye held her amusement in as Jackson patted himself down. She could see he was thinking of what to do next and observed as he took in a slow breath. The Healer readied herself for his next attack and though she was prepared, she wasn’t for what actually happened. He grabbed her with the Force and pulled. It was like he didn’t know his own strength as she was unexpectedly propelled towards him. With a flick of her thumb she disengaged her saber for safety and reached for the Force to cushion the blow before she collided with him.

Even with her quick thinking precautions the collision still happened as there hadn’t been time to do anything to prevent it. The two hit and tumbled to the ground in a tangled heap of limbs. She couldn’t help but be thankful he was using a training saber and not a fully operational one as she felt the sting on her arm…

Skye couldn’t help but laugh at how they had ended up. “Impressive Padawan… I wasn’t expecting that…”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Jedi Master got to her feet, observing her Padawan as she moved over to the control panel on the wall of the hold. “It takes time and practice to master some actions through the Force. You will get used to it. Look on the bright side,” Skye gave Jackson a gentle and reassuring smile, “It did do what you wanted it to… just with a little too much oomph. You just have to work out how much “force” to use to get the right balance.” 

“Master Skye, we are about to arrive at Corelia.” I-Nine’s voice came over the intercom. Skye looked towards Jackson, “You’ll get to see my homeworld now.” She led the way out of the hold and towards the cockpit. “I grew up in the city of Tyrena and we will be going to my families Forest Retreat a short flight from there. That’s where we will continue your training.” As they entered the cockpit, I-Nine moved back so that Jackson could take the co-pilot’s seat. Skye slipped into her seat and clipped her safety harness in place, waiting for her Padawan to follow suit before she reached for the lever that would bring them out of hyperspace.

White streaks reverted to black with white pinpoints, with the exception of the jewel of a planet in front of them… and the ship building platforms and stations above the planet and of course all the ships themselves. Serenity continued passed them towards the planet itself, soon entering the atmosphere.

[to Corellia]

SkyeOrgana.jpg