Star Wars: Advent of Shadows - Updated 9/19/2011

Lord Ar-Pharazon

-ANNOUNCING MY VERY FIRST FANFIC STORY-

This is fanfic news, but I plan on continuing in this thread, and I'll edit the story's name with update info in the thread title.

The following work will be an ongoing series of stories about the characters from RP, but with various deviations and changes, that I deem more suiting for fanfic type writing. I am going to be fairly faithful to character design as depicted by the players in the RP storyline, but some names will change and be altered for the sake of realism. For instance, ”œBLCKCLONE”

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

I can't recall the last time we had am RP-based fic. So this should be interesting.

You can use my char if you want...Min'dan Bret'c'hell. Works for the Black Sun

Thanks Brendo. I'm sure I can work him in.

Another thing is that alot of people announce that they want to write a fanfic from RP, and then it ends up not getting off the ground. So I made sure that I had some writing done already, before posting this.

apeditname.jpg

Excellent. I look forward to reading. And judging by the names you've listed, You'll be going back a fair way in the RP history I'm guessing.

Yeah, back to characters from the crazy period of time I like to call 2002, I bet the people on this site who remember Norithan Shirack, or Lord Darth Sadism, or Mari are few enough that I could count them on one hand.

apeditname.jpg

You're going to recreate the old RP characters... and then get a Jedi.net relative newbie (less than a year) to beta read it. Somehow that strikes me as hilarious.

In all honesty, do you think that's bad? Should I have someone who was around before do it?

ATS seemed like a good choice, because she has no idea who a lot of these characters are, and therefore she'd be impartial. Let's say I do a crappy job of describing someone, but then my beta reader just thinks "Oh, that's Jidai Geki, I know who he is," because he or she had a preconceived notion in their head already.

apeditname.jpg

I haven't searched my name in awhile or I wouldn't have found this. Seems fun when are you starting it?

edit: a beta reader sounds dirty

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your character will eventually die.

I've written some already, and I hope to have the first section up in a few days. I'm still sort of figuring out some things.

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally have the first chapter of my story. It's taken a while, because as I said before, I didn't want to put out a bad product. Also, I should mention again that my story takes place within an alternative universe, different than the role-playing main story from this site, but featuring the characters we've all come to know and love, going back to 2002. I'm using some of the plots from RP, but mostly my own, and I'm taking alot of inspiration from Wheel of Time and some video games too. There's a lot behind this.

For a while, the characters will be mainly ones that were around back when I was new to the site, but over time I will add more and more characters from the current times. If your character doesn't show up, it's more than likely because I had little to no interaction with it, and I obviously can write better about the characters I am most familiar with, so don't be offended if many minor characters and even some major ones, do not make an appearance. I'm willing to bend a bit to include several characters, but I'm not going to sacrifice the story just to jam in another batch of names. So, if you role-played back in 2003 for six weeks, there is a pretty good chance your character isn't included going to show up in the story.

Also, since there are many characters such as Barohm Zar or Taren, who have been gone from the site for several years, I am going to do something that I don't think has ever been done on this site's fanfic forum before. For each main character that appears in my story, from the Role Playing game on this site, I am going to include a picture and basic profile to help fill people in on the details. I've tried to stay faithful to character sheets, and I've sifted through many in the past few days. Some are a dead on representation, while others have been altered significantly to fit into my story better, but I believe each one conveys what it is supposed to. You might recognize some names of people who role-play as Sith, and now appear as Jedi. Yep. I'm well aware of that.

Really quick, I need to give a couple shout-outs. First of all, to Idejjen (a man of many aliases) who helped me by changing some of the eye and hair colors in the pictures, making them more accurate. Secondly, to Anakin T. Skywalker, who is beta-reading for me, and pouring a ton of her time helping me. She has no idea what she has gotten herself into.

So, without further ado...

I give you:

Star Wars: Advent of Shadows

(Rated PG)

Chapter One: New Friends, Old Acquaintances

A sleek, metallic colored Sho-Wing speeder sailed through the darkened evening skies above the crowded cityscape of Coruscant, disregarding all official speed limits. The craft’s primary occupant was generally not one to ignore traffic laws, but this occasion was different. Bundled up against the cold, Ara-Lai Kaipi held on for dear life, as she always did when flying. Tonight she had important things on her mind which effectively trumped any worries about falling out and dying or racking up a few minor traffic violations. Leaning up against the railing, she dared to gaze downward upon the masses gathered in the streets, all heading in the same direction as she was – towards the celebration. A combination of weaving in and out of the traffic lines, along with the bitter wind, blew her golden hair all over the place, and her clothes felt like they were stuck to her body. After a quick moment, in compliance with her wildly nervous stomach, she pulled herself back in and refocused her attention straight ahead.

“Hurry up! We’re going to miss his speech. Come on! Those people are all going to the Jedi Temple, too. If there’s no room left when we get there, I’m trading you in for a newer model.”

Her accomplice in breaking the traffic laws was R4-D4, a red and white astromech droid, which replied aloud only with a series of beeps and blips while rotating its domed head around at varying degrees. Panicky as ever, Ara had no qualms about letting it control the speedy craft so she could keep her eyes closed most of the time.

“No, I’ve never met him before,” she said. “I’ve only seen him a couple times, but never up close, and I have a feeling we’re not going to be very close at all if you don’t get there sooner, R4,” snapped the young woman.

The droid replied again, with more loud beeping sounds.

“Whatever, R4, just get us there quickly,” she replied impatiently.

Within seconds, the speeder passed through a sizable cluster of lofty skyscrapers. Instantly the Jedi Temple became visible on the horizon. It was surrounded by what looked like a shimmering body of water, but was really an enormous gathering of people, numbering in the millions, from a vast array of systems all throughout the galaxy. Few places were more appropriate for such crowds than the legendary Jedi Temple and the expansive surrounding grounds. Coruscant, in its entirety, was covered by imposing, buttressed towers, but none compared to this particular structure in sheer size and grace. Dating back to the early days of the original Galactic Republic, the iconic citadel has stood as a symbol to the galaxy of the protective vigilance of the Jedi Order, both in good times and bad.

“There it is, R4. Let’s see how close we can get,” said Ara, hopefully.

Without an audible indication, the astromech droid performed a flurry of internal calculations and began the landing procedure based on its findings. To Ara’s surprise, the speeder slowed up and then descended upon the immense crowds below, and with the help of gravity sped up considerably. Ara held on so tight that her white knuckles looked as though they were about to burst. Much to her relief, the descent was over almost as soon as it started. She felt a loud thud as her speeder came to an abrupt stop. The craft had definitely landed, but Ara was clueless as to where. She peeked her head over the railing and instantly realized that her speeder had come to rest atop an undersized, flat-roofed guard station. People ten feet below were rapidly backing away from the structure, worriedly wondering what was happening above it.

“R4, why did you land us up here?” she yelled apprehensively, practically spinning. Ara assumed that little benefit would arise from this present situation. “Thank goodness no one was on top of the building.” That brought her little comfort.

The droid replied with its token beeps and blips, obviously not too concerned with what Ara thought about the situation. She was the one, after all, who had insisted on a sudden and proximate landing. The robot merely calculated according to its owner’s wishes and executed the maneuver.

“I know I told you to get us as close as possible… but this is, perhaps, too close,” added Ara, as frustrated as ever.

Ara suddenly realized that three blue-uniformed guards were climbing up the side of the station in inquiry. One of them, a young man with deep copper colored hair, took the lead, while the others just stared about, amazed that the craft landed as perfectly as it did, without destroying itself or the building.

“What is going on here?” asked the lead guard, in a firm, resonant voice. “This is a rooftop, not… something else more suited for a landing,” he spoke lamely, vastly differing from his initial commanding tone.

“I know, I know! My droid just landed here, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Oh, and I am a Jedi, just so you know. That should count for something here, right?” asked Ara, intentionally glancing at the enormous Jedi Temple out of the corner of her eyes.

“You, a Jedi? You look like you’re only sixteen years old,” retorted the guard.

“Try twenty!” replied Ara, angrily. “But regardless, I’m still a Jedi. Ara-Lai Kaipi, Jedi Knight, to be more specific. I’m a fully fledged member of the Order, in good standing.” She flipped her white and blue cloak back, revealing a lightsaber hilt.

“Well, I suppose so, but this is highly unorthodox, especially right now. Don’t you know what’s about to happen here? Can’t you see all these people?”

“I do, which is why I had to get here right away,” replied Ara. “I know exactly what’s about to happen, and I wouldn’t dare miss it.”

“Well, it appears you got here just in time,” spoke the guard. “Look,” he blurted out, before pointing to the Jedi Temple. Brilliant, oversized spotlights, which circled the temple, blazed to life, signaling that the festivities were about to begin.

Following the guard’s finger, Ara swivelled around and peered up the walls of the Jedi Temple to a high balcony several hundred meters above the guard tower. People were moving inside it, but they were hard to distinguish. She flipped on some electrobinoculars and adjusted the lenses with a little dial, zooming in on the scene. Upon the grand balcony, which she could now see unmistakably, an entourage was forming.

“Who do you see up there?” asked the young guard, still standing on the side of Ara’s speeder. “I can’t make any of them out.”

“Well, first, I can see Adi-Wan Tinova. I guess that shouldn’t come as a surprise, since it’s sort of his day and all.”

“Right,” he replied. “I guess that makes enough sense. Who else?”

“There’s a wookiee up there too. I feel bad saying this, but they all look the same to me. I think it’s Master Gantoris, but I’m not one hundred percent sure. It could be Master Kirlocca though. They’re both wookiees and renowned battle masters, and both sit on the Jedi Council. They’re not the kind of wookiees you’d want coming after you. I guarantee that.”

“Well, if I ever have one or two wookiee Jedi Masters coming after me, I’ll know who they are, but not specifically,” laughed the guard.

“I guess so…” responded Ara, with a smirk. “I guess I dwell on too many details, but not the right ones. Oh, and by the way, I have another pair of electrobinoculars kicking around in my speeder. Check the back compartment. I guess R4 doesn’t really need them, so I’m sorry I didn’t mention that earlier – and thanks, by the way, for not arresting me.”

“It’s not a big deal,” replied the guard, light-heartedly, grabbing Ara’s extra pair and holding them up to his eyes. “There’s still plenty of time to arrest you after the ceremony. Don’t assume that you’re off the hook yet.”

Ara feigned laughter, hoping that he was making a joke at her expense.

“Well, now that I can see, who else is up there?” he asked.

“Mostly members of the Jedi Council. Let’s take a look… There are a lot of faces I don’t recognize… Um, oh, there’s Vladimir Faust. He was chosen to be Adi-Wan’s number two man. A real honor to be sure. I’m confident that we’ll hear from him today too. I’ve heard people say that anything Adi-Wan excels at, Faust is only one step behind, and not by much.”

“Very interesting. Go on…”

“Also, I can see Jidai Geki. Like Faust, he’s one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order. He’s well known for some great scientific discoveries over the last few decades involving medicine and chemistry. I’ve been to a couple lectures that he’s given recently too, but I could barely follow what he was talking about. The guy is a genius, that’s for sure, but he’s a real mad scientist type. Freaky, but give the guy his due.”

“Yeah, he sounds like Mr. Personality.”

“Far from it,” laughed Ara, now with a genuine smile on her face. “Oh, here come some more people I recognize. That’s Ar-Pharazon. He’s another high ranking member of the Jedi Council.”

“Ar-Pharazon? Yeah, I think I’ve heard of him. He sounds like a big deal. What’s his story?”

“Well…” replied Ara. “Let’s just say that when I was training as an apprentice, I had to read his books too, and they were the only ones more confusing for me than Jidai Geki’s. He’s a philosopher and a theologian, and the expert on the Council in all matters related to the Force. He’s perhaps the most brilliant mind in the Order, right along Adi-Wan. I guess he’s really powerful too, but that’s a given. I’m not sure what else there is to say about him. There’s his wife too, standing next to him. Her name is Krystal. Supposedly, she’s descended from Obi-Wan Kenobi, a great Jedi from long ago.”

“I know who he is,” he said, nodding his head. “Is that true? Is she really related to him?”

“Well, honestly, I don’t know, but she’s a good instructor and a lot easier to understand than her husband. Nicer, too. I have no idea how that relationship works. But, yeah… Oh, and next to her is Tarrian. That’s Ar-Pharazon’s sister. She’s a respected psychiatrist, capable of healing mental ailments that the Force can do nothing for. She’s also written all sorts of books about the ascetic life, but I’ve never read any of them. Her husband is standing next to her, too. I don’t know him at all though. His name escapes me at the moment, but he’s also on the Council.”

“Wow, one happy little family,” replied the young man, genuinely interested, but overwhelmed by all the new faces and names.

“I suppose so. The best and brightest Jedi Order has to offer, and certainly the most powerful. They’re all up there tonight.”

“Who is that older man with the beard? The stately gentleman.”

“Oh, that’s Hale Akturus,” she told him. “He is the Jedi Council’s representative in the Senate. He’s a legislator, but I don’t know much else about him. Oh, and there’s another wookiee next to him. I guess that’s the other one.”

The young man laughed at Ara’s comment bemusedly.

“Let me see if I recognize anyone else. Oh, right there, see that young girl next to the wookiee furthest to the right?”

“Yes.”

“That’s Lei Kim Ness. She’s the youngest member on the entire Jedi Council. Not a whole lot older than myself, as she’s only in her mid twenties. She’s quite powerful in the Force though, and I’m not surprised to see her in such esteemed company. She’ll go far, too. Maybe someday, this will be her big day that we’re standing around waiting for. Who’s to say?”

Sorting through the cast of characters mingling on the balcony, Ara was as surprised as anyone to see the gigantic fireworks exploding in the sky, brightly raining down upon the great Temple. There were radiant blasts of white, blue, and green, in keeping with the traditional colors of Jedi lightsabers. The thunderous cacophony of explosions was met with enthusiastic applause. To excite the crowds, there was even a full-size band performing, with a Jedi Knight featured an enormous harp.

“Wow, I’ve been excited about this all week. I guess it’s finally starting now,” said Ara to the blue-clad guard. Suddenly his radio started screeching loudly. The voice on the other end did not sound happy.

“Captain Relmis? Captain Relmis? Where are you?” squawked the annoyed voice. “Master Tinova is about to speak, and you’re supposed to be on patrol. Get a move on it!” The words left the radio like a whip.

“Roger, Roger,” he unenthusiastically answered back, before lowering the electrobinoculars from his line of sight.

“What are you, some battle droid?” asked Ara.

“Of course not, but this is my job after all. I’m a captain too, so I have more responsibility than most. I’d better be getting along then. Thanks for the electrobinoculars,” he added, handing them to her.

“I never caught your name,” interjected Ara, trying to hide her relief at not being arrested.

“It’s Fynn. Captain Fynn Relmis,” he replied confidently.

“Well, Fynn, it’s nice to formally meet you,” she stated, smiling.

“You too, Ara,” he replied, not quite so confidently. “The pleasure was all mine. Maybe I’ll run into you again.”

“Hey, it’s a small galaxy,” she replied, smiling.

“Indeed it is, Jedi. Good bye.” With that, Fynn Relmis jumped down from atop the guard station and walked in the direction of the lit up Jedi Temple.

Ara blushed, even if only slightly, and turned back towards the temple, eager to see what would happen next.

NEW CHARACTERS:

scaled.php?server=843&filename=aralaikaipi.png&res=medium

Ara-Lai Kaipi

Position: Jedi Knight

Species: Human

fynnrelmis.png

Fynn Relmis

Position: A Captain of the Coruscanti Planetary Guard

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

Excellent start too!

*coughs* stillsomepunctuationmissingmydearATS *cough*

But yeah, you've got my interest.

Ooo... I like how you have pics. Did you draw them yourself?

If there are any punctuation mistakes, they're probably from me trying to put final touches on the chapter this afternoon. Could you show me what you are referencing, Priscilla?

Also, no I can't draw AT ALL. I wish I could have drawn them, but I just don't have the talent or patience. I have a ton of pictures ready to go for more chapters too. They're from various websites. I resized them all, and edited them, and designed a frame so they all look uniform.

apeditname.jpg

Nice work. And well done on introducing the Council in a novel manner.

Brendo, thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Did you get the impression that the people mentioned were the ONLY people on the Jedi Council? Those were the people that Ara saw at that time, but certainly not all of them. I hope it didn't give that impression.

apeditname.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Chapter Two: Playing with Fire

Standing close to her husband Ar-Pharazon, Krystal shivered as continuous gusts of cold air blew across the grand balcony high atop the Jedi Temple. Instead of donning the traditional chocolate-colored robe, she had opted for a fashionable dress, which was a favorite of her husband’s because it bore the colors of the Jedi Order’s academy on Merkava. It looked lovely on her, but it left her bare shoulders exposed to the freezing breezes of the Coruscanti skies. The evening had proven chillier than she had initially expected, and each minute seemed twice as long as the one before it. Much to her chagrin, the members of the Council had agreed upon unanimous attendance as a visible symbol of their unity, standing behind Adi-Wan Tinova, who would accept the esteemed honor of being named the next Grandmaster of the Order. Krystal’s feet felt as though they were now attached to the marble flooring, but she was too cold to move away from her husband. She wondered what could possibly justify delaying the entire Order like this, and the millions of spectators flocked around the temple too. She knew exactly what her husband would have said: That’s Adi-Wan Tinova for you.

Krystal, like most members of the Jedi Council, honestly believed that Adi-Wan would make a fine grandmaster. His innate leadership was more than apparent, and he was still in the prime of his life, with unmatched lightsaber skills. Krystal supposed his talent with the Force was greater than that of any other Jedi – with Jidai Geki, Vladimir Faust, or her husband Ar-Pharazon as the only exceptions. But, for all of Adi-Wan’s greatness, Krystal did not believe that he warranted this enormous amount of pageantry, and certainly not this lengthy delay.

She assumed that her husband agreed, for the two of them were usually of like mind; but Ar-Pharazon always held a higher level of intensity in his personal beliefs. It was one of the things she loved about him.

“Is this going to start soon, or will we be here all night?” she impatiently asked him, finally speaking for the first time in several minutes.

“I think we’ll be here for a while,” Ar-Pharazon replied calmly. He stood tall and confident in the cold air, completely unaffected by the unyielding wind as his dark eyes gazed upon the crowds below. “And why is that? How much pomp and celebration does one Jedi really need? I mean, really! We’re servants of the people, aren’t we? Forever altruistic and temperate, both in word and in deed. Yet, look at all those people down there, huddled in the streets, likely freezing, and waiting hours upon hours for us to start. It’s ridiculous. But, what do you expect? That’s Adi-Wan Tinova for you.”

I knew he’d say that! Krystal bit her lip, in order to conceal a would-be smirk from her husband’s gaze. “Oh, don’t blame him. This is his big night. I really wasn’t all that upset about it. Just tired, and cold. But still, the Jedi Order is a renowned symbol of hope for the entire galaxy. Can you really blame them for putting stock in that?”

“Krissi, it has nothing to do with putting stock in hope. You can’t put stock in hope. You’re either hopeful for something or you’re not. There’s no in-between, and it’s certainly not as if the probability of success is more or less likely due to the varying amount of an individual’s hopes and dreams. It’s not that clear cut.”

“Ar-Pharazon,” she laughed, with a lingering look. “Maybe you should write an enormous book on the subject, just to prove exactly how clear cut it isn’t,” she stated sarcastically.

“Maybe I will,” he retorted with a friendly smirk. “The Case Against Hopes and Dreams,” he announced quietly, trying to suppress his sudden excitement over the idea. “I could call it that, even if it is a bit morbid.”

“That wouldn’t be the first time you’ve said something morbid,” she sighed, chiding him in the kindest way possible.

“That’s true,” he admitted with a slight laugh, before taking on a more serious tone. “Are you still cold?”

“Yes, very,” she answered.

“Well, here, take my cloak,” he suggested, before unclipping it, and handing it to her.

“Thank you, honey,” she replied graciously, as she bundled herself up.

Without his cloak, Ar-Pharazon’s exquisite gray finery, custom-tailored to be worn with his large silver pauldrons, was made visible. Krystal thought he looked just as striking as ever, which seemed a bit ironic considering what he had just said about Adi-Wan’s excessive pomp and celebration.

“I’ve got a really good way to warm you up,” Ar-Pharazon uttered slyly, with a surreptitious smile. “But it has to wait until no one’s around.”

Krystal’s eyes widened. What’s that supposed to mean? She folded her arms and frowned up at him, chewing her lip in the process. Sometimes, Ar-Pharazon… Sometimes…

“You said you wanted to keep warm? Take a look at this.” Then, he whirled around, quickly gesturing with his hand in front of her face while no one could see, and conjured a small yet intense flame in the palm of his hand. After only a brief moment, he closed his fist and the tiny flame was gone.

“Oh, my goodness!” she exclaimed, utterly stunned. A combination of surprise and awe spread across her face, contrasted with the wide-eyed grin on her husband’s. “Ar-Pharazon, my brain is spinning. How did you do that?”

“Practice, my love. And patience,” he proclaimed. “It’s merely a matter of concentration.”

“Well, tell me how you…”

Krystal was abruptly silenced as a deafening gong rang from the inside of the Temple.

“Finally, we’re getting somewhere,” remarked Ar-Pharazon.

“Yes, finally,” responded Krystal, frozen in thought. A deluge of endless possibilities flooded her mind, sparked by the surprise that her husband had just unveiled to her. How had he kindled that flame upon his hand? How long had he been able to do so? What else can my dear husband conjure up besides fire? Ice? Lightning, perhaps? That last thought was rather frightening. To her knowledge, lightning was something invoked only by Force-users adept in the Dark Side. She did not suspect that Ar-Pharazon was drawing from the Dark Side, because she felt nothing sinister in his actions, but it was an eerie notion nonetheless. She intended to uncover this talent and teach it to her students at the academy. This was far too valuable to be stowed away as one of her husband’s parlor tricks. Ar-Pharazon would surrender his secret to her. She had ways of prying it out of him.

“Here he comes,” muttered Ar-Pharazon, unenthusiastically.

The renowned Jedi master known as Adi-Wan Tinova emerged from the interior chamber, connecting to the balcony. He was a tall, broad-shouldered man, entering his middle years. He possessed a solid, angular face, with dark brown hair and confident mahogany eyes. To many, his gaze seemed arrogant. Tonight he had donned an elaborate russet robe, embroidered with gold wrappings, topping long white sleeves underneath. It was certainly regal, even for a Jedi master. His sudden arrival, though it merely consisted of striding though an open doorway, seemed excessively grand to Krystal. At last, he had finally shown up.

“Fellow members of the Council,” he began, clearly. “Know well that I am honored by your presence here tonight.”

Adi-Wan made his way to each Jedi master, shaking hands and exchanging greetings. Approaching Krystal, he smiled lightly and shook her hand, but beckoning for Ar-Pharazon to step over too.

“I have great plans for the academy. I certainly hope you’re ready for some new and exciting things. You and your husband,” he declared. “You are both involved, in some fashion.”

“Oh, really?” Kyrstal asked. “Well, I’m certainly excited to hear what you have planned.”

“I see…” uttered Ar-Pharazon, hiding any indication of what he was thinking and merely staring off in the distance to digest Adi-Wan’s words. He nodded slightly, just to show that he was paying attention.

“I’ll speak with you two later,” Adi-Wan added. “We’d better commence the ceremony. I’ve delayed things enough.”

“Of course, Master Adi-Wan. We both look forward to meeting with you,” she stated, without inquiry into her husband’s level of anticipation.

“Superb,” Adi-Wan replied, before moving on to speak with Jidai Geki, who was the last Jedi Master on the Council yet to be approached.

“Did you hear that?” Krystal asked quietly, suppressing excitement. “He wants both of us at the academy. I wonder what it could be about. I wish he would have told us, or at least given some sort of idea.” Her excitement seemed to taper off quickly.

“Well… That’s Adi-Wan Tinova for you.”

NEW CHARACTERS:

scaled.php?server=163&filename=arpharazon.png&res=medium

Ar-Pharazon

Position: Jedi Master

scaled.php?server=826&filename=krissikenobi.png&res=medium

Krystal Kenobi

scaled.php?server=714&filename=adiwantinova.png&res=medium

Adi-Wan Tinova

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I cretainly appreciate all the kind comments. It's awesome getting such a warm reception from many writers/Rpers whom I highly respect.

Argh argh! 'Coloured' and 'favourite' butchered in the same sentence!

Yeah, I've pretty much intended from the beginning to include the American spelling on such terms, and I'm assuming ATS agrees with that, since she never raised an issue with it. So, sorry to let you down Dartha... It's not changing. The only exception might be the world "gaol" since I just toured one from the 18th century this last week in Ireland, and now like that particular spelling.

Krissi, it has nothing to do with putting stock in hope. You can't put stock in hope.

Lol. Latent anti-obamaness from you?

It's ironic to get criticism on grammar from someone who used the uncapitalized and made-up term "obamaness" in the same post.

I wasn't trying to attack Obama, and if I did, I don't think I'd be so subtle about it. I'm just trying to flesh out Ar-Pharazon as someone more inclined to be logical and cold in his thinking, rather than warmer and emotional about things, which includes hope.

I loved the foreshadowing of how Ar-Pharazon (in the fic) is going to turn to the dark side. (Well, if he is not, then that was an unneeded chill .

Wait, Why do you think that Ar-Pharazon (in the fic) is going to turn to the dark side?

apeditname.jpg

How had he kindled that flame upon his hand? How long had he been able to do so? What else can my dear husband conjure up besides fire? Ice? Lightning, perhaps? That last thought was rather frightening. To her knowledge, lightning was something invoked only by Force-users adept in the Dark Side. She did not suspect that Ar-Pharazon was drawing from the Dark Side, because she felt nothing sinister in his actions, but it was an eerie notion nonetheless. She intended to uncover this talent and teach it to her students at the academy. This was far too valuable to be stowed away as one of her husband's parlor tricks. Ar-Pharazon would surrender his secret to her. She had ways of prying it out of him.

Yeah this bit. Well then this bit shouldn't be too long, or the reader will begin to think otherwise.

Oh, you're completely correct about Ar-Pharazon and foreshadowing. Given that this is an RP-based fanfic, I think some things are extremely obvious, such as that. I was just being facetitious.

Strangely enough, that paragraph has much more meaning that will become more apparently later one.

apeditname.jpg

Cant wait to see where you go from here. its an odd sense to think about you, Geki, Tarrian, and others as Jedi though...

Well, Raynuk is a Jedi too. I've already included you above too, just not by name.

And Jaina, thanks for your support. I plan on sending the next part to my beta reader by Sunday, so hopefully it'll be up this next week.

apeditname.jpg

...Wow...I can't believe I actually came back. You'd better love me Ben.

Always have; always will.

It is a true honor to receive such positive reviews by two highly respectable members of this site. Taren and Obi-quiet, thank you both! For whatever reason, we always managed to click back in the day, and I miss you both as full-time members of this site. You know you're both terrific, and I hope you'll both be around in the future.

Also, feel free to rip my writing apart. I know you're both more than capable of it, and I'm really new at all this, and want to improve in every way possible. It's a lot harder writing real fanfic, as opposed to just trolling and making mock versions of other people's work.

apeditname.jpg

I do have one question though... why is this story stickied? Is that really fair to everyone else?

Just asking.

At face value, it might appear to not be fair. But what else isn't fair? Why does that number 6 get to be three times as much as the number 2? Or why is 13 only half off 26? I mean, that's not fair. Right? Exactly. My thread is pretty much the same thing. Six of one, half a dozen to the other.

I stickied it, as an admin, as a celebration of Jnet's 10 year anniversary, but also, because this story is a monumentally powerful synergetic celebration between RP and Fanfic, not to mention it's a magnet for old users to return to these forums, evidenced by the posts prior to this very one I'm making now. In a year's time, I'm sure it'll be okay to unsticky this thread. Probably. There's really no way to know for sure.

Kiara, it was an honor to receive your commentary. I agree that I might have introduced too much up front, and I guess I'm just trying to avoid a story that's going take three years to post on here. I have a lot of ideas, and a lot of characters. I hope that in the future, you'll get a chance to add more commentary, because it was very welcome.

Tiana, I was wondering what you were talking about in your PM concerning LOTR. Now I know. You're right. I can get pretty wordy sometimes. It's something that I've always struggled with in writing, in school papers, and in RP too. Some of that comes from the fantasy sources such as Jordan and Tolkein, but a lot came with writing political and philosophical papers over the past few years too, and reading a ton of wordy articles. I will definitely work on being more concise too. Thanks for the commentary, and I promise I'll factor that in when writing future chapters.

apeditname.jpg

That and you just like the ego boost it gives you, right?

In a year's time, I'm sure it'll be okay to unsticky this thread. Probably.

Do I need to be liked? Absolutely not. I like to be liked. I enjoy being liked. I have to be liked. But it's not like this compulsive need to be liked. Like my need to be praised.

apeditname.jpg

Thanks Tiana!

Lol, Tiana. I think I like it better as an announcement...and I'm sure LAP will too because now it's the first thing on the page.

You're starting to figure me out. Of course, it didn't take a lot to know I would enjoy something like this.

Also, to Obi-Quiet: please check your PM Box. I got your PM yesterday, and you sounded really confused, and I checked my outbox, which showed me that you haven't received my PM from a few days ago. I think it'll remedy some of your confusion.

apeditname.jpg

Well, I've sent out the next part to ATS, so the ball is in her court at this point. I really like how this thread is an announcement though. That's awesome. So, to give the readers something, I will provide the following pictures...

Here's a preview regarding the next chapter:

NEW CHARACTERS:

I'm making an edit and pulling the picturess from this post, to reduce the overall number of pictures in this thread for a faster load. I reposted them below, with their chapter.

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

Looking forward to the next installment! Also, I am tickled at seeing Suikoden artwork >_>

Haha, I thought I would put those excellent pics to use. I'm a huge fan of the Suikoden series, and this is my indirect little homage. I know KKVC is also a huge fan of the series, and I especially love 1 and 2, but I didn't expect anyone else to recognize them. That's great. Maybe you'll get a kick out of some of the pictures I'll employ in the future too. I've expanded away from just Suikoden, because as I've spent more time looking for pictures, I've found more and more from other areas too. The chapter after next will be the first with a Non-Suikoden pic though. Sorry...

apeditname.jpg

Yes yes Hallie, laugh it up. I am a composer, and considering Dakin is a Vocalist, I have a general idea of what my part to play in the story is.

But really Ben? A HARP!?

Okay. I want your prediction. What part in the story are you going to play?

apeditname.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Three: Composition and Dissidence

Night continued to descend over the Jedi Temple, the silvery glow of the skyscrapers in the distance resisting the falling darkness. The enormous district surrounding the Jedi Temple echoed with noisy chatter and excitement, nearly drowning out the orchestral performance set below the high balcony.

At the formal request of Adi-Wan Tinova, Raynuk Montar, Jedi Knight and musical prodigy, strummed up an ornate golden harp. For the hours leading up to the Grandmaster’s inauguration, he played with masterful precision. Raynuk had played and sung many well-known songs about courageous Jedi and their memorable victories over the infamous Sith, as scored by the galaxy’s most notable composers. It was gratifying to play in such a venue, for such distinguished company.

While Raynuk enjoyed performing music, he thoroughly loved composing it. In his estimation, anyone, over time, could skillfully learn to play an instrument, but true mastery of music lay in its creation. As a Jedi, and an accomplished composer, he sought perfection in both realms, and seldom did an opportunity arrive in which the two so uniquely crossed paths.

He sang of Obi-Wan Kenobi and his brave soldiers, who fought their way across Muunilist in a desperate battle of the Clone Wars, driving deep into the armies of the Intergalactic Banking Clan.

Back across the galaxy,

flying back with heads held high.

No surrender, with lightsaber,

no surrender, clone or Jedi.

Honor be theirs, ever after,

Those that fought on Muunulist.

He also sang of Mace Windu, who, with his own hands, defeated an entire battalion of Seperatist droids in the wake of a gigantic seismic tank. He provided a musical narration of the Tragedy of Count Dooku, a Jedi of legend seduced by the powers of a mysterious Sith Master. Raynuk received tremendous applause for his rendition of the famous tale of the capture and rescue rogue-turned-hero, Han Solo, from the clutches of a vile Hutt lord.

As the night progressed, the opportunity to perform an original composition approached. Raynuk noticed that his allotted time was all but depleted. It was an all too common circumstance. Knowing he had mere minutes, he selected one particular piece – one of his favorites, and also his latest completed work. He signaled the band to prepare and for his accompanying vocalist to take the lead solo, before he sat down to pluck the harp once more. Real music, finally.

Raynuk’s vocalist, Dakin Lee, was a gifted young gal. Also a multitalented Jedi Knight, she eagerly offered her musical abilities to Adi-Wan’s celebration too. What she lacked in experience, she made up with remarkable talent and a pretty face. Her dress was showy – guaranteed to attract attention. Raynuk certainly approved.

When the song was finished, it was met with loud, lengthy applause. While taking her bow, Dakin received loud whistles and cheers. Raynuk too was met with strong applause, but less than that of his accompanist. He rose back up, swallowed his heart, and proceeded back to his position with Dakin in tow. On his face, he wore a sullen expression. It never fails. The singer always receives more praise than the song writer.

The intense spotlight shifted onto the Jedi Council – standing prominently in a circular formation around Adi-Wan Tinova. Raynuk, though, sat in his spot, next to the performance stage, reflecting on the effectiveness of his newly unveiled song. It dominated his mind.

“I’ve never been so nervous in my life,” said Dakin, breaking his concentration.

“You were exceptional,” replied Raynuk, with a smile. “Exceptional. Far better than I had expected.”

“Well, it was a pretty song,” she said. “You’re a remarkable composer.”

“Thank you,” responded Raynuk. “It turned out well.”

“I thought it was terrific, but I’d better be quiet. It looks like things are finally getting underway.”

“Ah… yes,” he agreed, with a hint of hesitation, unsure of what else to say.

The Jedi Council was obviously intent on getting started. But Raynuk remained focused on his composition, analyzing all possible elements. Every chord progression, with the tempo and dynamics, and each intended emotional response captured his thoughts. He had spent countless weeks perfecting the piece in every possible way, and it frustrated him greatly to see that the crowds cheered more for Dakin than the intricacies of the piece itself. It didn’t make sense. Dakin would be nothing without the song. Raynuk’s frustration twisted into anger. It lasted only a moment.

When Jidai Geki finished presenting, Dakin took advantage of the momentary silence, and turned back to Raynuk once again. “Do you think I’ll have the opportunity to sing with you again, Raynuk? I would very much like that.”

Her question caught Raynuk off guard, but he was calmer now. “We’ll just have to see,” he responded inanely. He caught himself before appearing too awkward, and even managed an enthusiastic smile. “I certainly don’t see why not. Aside from that, Dakin, I would like to see you again. We could take a walk, tonight, after the celebration, or perhaps, we could picnic outside City Center."

“I would like that,” she replied.

“Splendid. I would too.”

All eyes were on the elevated balcony, where Jidai Geki, the longest tenured member of the Jedi Council, solemnly glanced down upon Adi-Wan Tinova, who remained kneeling before him. The rest of the Jedi Council stood gathered around them.

“Adi-Wan, my dear boy,” whispered Geki proudly, with his hands clasped behind him. “Good to see you here. Are you ready to proceed?”

“I am,” replied Adi-Wan, confidently.

A sudden, total silence overtook the Jedi Temple, despite the excited multitudes surrounding the sizable structure from all directions. The anticipated moment had finally arrived.

“Then you may begin,” directed Geki, quietly.

“I, Adi-Wan Tinova, as the Grandmaster, in the presence of the Jedi Council, do hereby swear to safeguard the Jedi Order and the systems of the Galactic Republic; to use all my talents, power, and abilities in the sacred responsibilities undertaken by me, to devote myself to the service of the people, the glory of the Jedi Order, promotion of safety and morality, support of justice, to refrain from tyranny, to protect freedom and dignity of all peoples, to spare no efforts in safeguarding the frontiers of the political, economic, and cultural freedoms of the galaxy; to guard the power entrusted to me by the Jedi Order as a sacred trust like an honest and faithful trustee, by seeking help from my fellow Masters and following the examples of the Grandmasters before me. May peace be upon them, the Council, and all peoples, now and forever.”

Jidai Geki smiled as Adi-Wan completed the hallowed recitation. Now it was his turn.

“You are sealed to us now, Adi-Wan Tinova, Grandmaster. On behalf of the Jedi Council, we receive you, and do you great homage, by virtue of the charge we have also undertaken. We swear that we will uphold you inviolability and the rights of your office. We additionally affirm that we will do everything that good and true Jedi Masters should do.” He paused for emphasis, showing signs of a slight smile. “May the Force be with you.”

“And with all Jedi,” responded Adi-Wan, to Geki and the Council, with a slight bow.

Finally…

Without hesitation, Geki advanced to the balcony’s edge, to deliver the final section of his recitation. He stared down the crowd with his deep-set, dark eyes, taking a brief breath before urgently delivering the expected proclamation.

“We have a Grandmaster.” His voice was not loud, but it was amplified by the vast array of microphones and the audio assimilation droids hovering about, sending the short message to billions across the galaxy. Immediately the crowds exploded with a tumultuous roar of cheers and applause. Fireworks crackled high above, bright silver and gold bursts lighting up the night sky. Adi-Wan stood up, moved forward, and met the crowds with outstretched arms, garnering even louder reception.

As Adi-Wan began to address the crowd, Jidai Geki hurriedly retreated through the gateway into the antechamber, heading back inside the Jedi Temple. Remaining outside certainly did not appeal to him. But much to his chagrin, even on the inside, the celebration continued. He was not one for loud parties and long celebrations. As he strode towards the apartments of the Jedi Council members, he passed many hired servants and Padawan learners shuffling about, performing their various assigned duties. If luck held, no one would see nor bother him. Eager to go unnoticed, Geki knew that certain members of the Council would consider his premature departure overtly discourteous.

“Master, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be outside?” asked a serving boy, catching Geki off guard from behind.

Blasted boy! In no real mood to be bothered, Geki paused for a moment, and considered delivering a verbal lashing, when the boy, once again, caught him by surprise.

“Are you feeling sick, Master?” the boy asked. “You look spent.”

Geki had no great desire to speak with the boy, but his position on the Council obliged him to remain cordial. Closing his mouth, Geki managed a weak, “Of course.” This route was easier anyway. “That’s precisely the matter. And I’ll be taking that.” He grabbed the pitcher from boy, long enough for a long draw, before pushing it back into the boy’s hands. As the boy received the drinking vessel, Geki noticed he wore a Padawan’s braid.

“Hurry along, youngling, and finish whatever task is at hand. Then, I believe you are free for the evening. Consider this a formal dispensation from your duties,” declared Geki, waving his hand in a manner of dismissal.

The boy’s eyes lit up as bright as the fireworks. “Thank you Master. Thank you very much.”

“Now get moving,” Geki replied, anxious to reach his room. The boy quickly hurried away, down the hall and towards the festivities.

Attempting, once again, to avoid detection, Geki made his way through another hall, then down some stairs, into the restricted area where the various apartments of the Jedi Council members were located. Upon reaching his private quarters, he slammed his palm onto a sensor to unlock the door.

Before the device completed its scan of Geki’s hand, a familiar voice called out from behind. “Ah, Jidai Geki, my old friend, I did not know that you were home – at this hour.” The voice was that of Hale Akturus, a fellow member of the Jedi Council who, like himself, had gained a great deal of seniority. “But, I did think there was a strong possibility.”

Frustrated, Geki turned to meet him. “Well you’ve caught me. What could you possibly want with me right now?”

“Old friend, forgive my impoliteness, but there are pressing matters to attend to.” Hale chuckled. “The moment is now, for the rest of the Jedi Council is meeting above. They should be up there at least two more hours. So what better time for likeminded individuals such as ourselves to assemble?”

“Since we’re not above, they will be wondering already,” speculated Geki. “Is it worth the added risk?”

“But of course,” answered Hale. “Know well that I am meeting the others, with or without your presence, thus I highly suggest you find yourself at my apartment in ten minutes’ time.”

“All right,” acquiesced Geki grudgingly. “I will not tarry long.”

NEW CHARACTERS:

scaled.php?server=40&filename=raynukmontar.png&res=medium

Raynuk Montar

Position: Jedi Knight/Composer

scaled.php?server=31&filename=dakinlee.png&res=medium

Dakin Lee

Position: Jedi Knight/Vocalist

scaled.php?server=3&filename=jidaigeki.png&res=medium

Jidai Geki

Position: Jedi Master/Biologist

scaled.php?server=23&filename=haleakturus.png&res=medium

Hale Akturus

Position: Jedi Master/Diplomat

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg

I appreciate the commentary. I hope you guys don't mind if I respond. I know that most musicians wouldn't care about the applause and would be willing to understand that the good-looking performer is going to get the praise, but Raynuk is a little more than just an average musician. In fact, he looks at music in a much deeper way than any of you, being that he's a prodigy/genius, who lives for this. He's a Jedi, yes, but he's also a musician, and I think it's obvious what he holds to be more important. He's a one of a kind master of music, and his viewpoint is much narrower and far more neurotic than the average composer.

Silas, I'm eager to see what grammatical errors you were referring to.

I'm glad you guys liked this latest part. I'm sorry it took so darn long. I've got a big chunk of the next part done and I wrote almost a page today. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible.

apeditname.jpg

So im a neurotic Jedi. AWESOME.

I just mean Raynuk is really into music. He's still a totally good guy, and there's no way in hell that Ar-Pharazon could strum a harp as well as Raynuk could. There, I'm admitting a character flaw. Ar-Pharazon can't play the harp at all. At all.

Trust me, Raynuk is already a character I'm having a blast writing. Seriously... It sounds like people really identiy with the music element too. That's not a bad thing. Not bad at all...

apeditname.jpg

Cool, cool. Let me know. I am always interested in trying to make this the best work it can be. If anything really glaring stands out to you, please feel free to PM me or just post here. I will try to take care of it right away.

apeditname.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

If you call finals, a vacation, a new job, and moving to another country "running out" then fine. Trust me, I'm not abandoning the project. I'm certainly not doing that.

I promise I'm still working on this, but the last three or so weeks have just been busy. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

apeditname.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry. Life has just been extremely busy in the last few weeks. Here's the situation. I should have something up soon, because I sent the draft to my beta reader. As soon as she gets it back, I should have it up within a day. In the meantime, here's a preview:

BLCKCLONE.jpg

?

Species: Wookiee

apeditname.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Four: The Four Horsemen

The Wookiee Jedi Master Gantoris studied the fine décor of Hale Akturus’s private apartment. Bulky golden lamps hung aflame, suspended from the lofty, vaulted ceilings. Extensive corridors and arched doorways led to greater chambers still. Even the walls were sophisticatedly paneled with a dark, polished wood featuring a collection of hand-painted tapestries. Higher up, a plethora of hanging banners caught Gantoris’s eye. Each one signified a different star system that Hale had visited during his tenure as the lead diplomat of the Jedi Order. There were too many to count.

The room itself was a faultless reflection of Hale Akturus, whose wizened features and trim gray beard exemplified great dignity.

Blazing fires from twin hearths, each situated on opposing ends of the room, provided a desirable contrast from the cold winds on the balcony above. Four gilded chairs, one larger than the others, were positioned around an unusually long table. Seated at one end of the table was Hale, obviously anxious to begin. Ar-Pharazon sat at the other end, quiet and emotionless. Lounging in his oversized chair, Gantoris glanced down at his own clear reflection in the shiny white floor, carefully listening as Hale repeated what he had told him.

“As I said before, old friend,” said Hale Akturus. “Our meetings are not to be spoken of publically, and even among present company, only with the utmost discretion. Do you understand?”

Trying to keep his voice down, Gantoris replied with a low roar, indicating compliance.

“Most excellent,” said Hale. “Since you and Ar-Pharazon are both present, we will begin when Jidai Geki arrives. He should be along any-”

“Salutations, my fellow escape artists,” announced Jidai Geki, unconcernedly interrupting Hale. As the hissing door automatically slid shut behind him, he strode into the chamber, making his way to the lengthy table which stood in the center of the room. He took his seat across from Gantoris. “The entirety of the Jedi Council congregates above, in commemoration of our new, hallowed Grandmaster.” There was obvious mockery in his voice. “Whilst you three, and now myself – for whatever reason, remain hidden here like crates of spice, stowed away, hoping to remain unseen. Certainly this smacks of conspiracy. Wouldst you agree?”

Smacks of conspiracy? Who says that? Gantoris thought that as oddly as Geki had phrased it, the old man was right. Something was suspicious about the circumstances surrounding this meeting.

“Well, quite frankly, it does smack of conspiracy when you blather on about it like that, considering we have yet to shield ourselves,” said Ar-Pharazon, who set a small comlink on the table.

“Ar-Pharazon is correct, my old friend,” added Hale. “You must be slipping.” He immediately reached out, forging a connection with the Force, totally immersing himself in it. Gantoris could feel it, as an aura surrounded him, and then quickly expanded throughout the room, creating a ward against unwanted listeners. Then, with a flick of Hale’s hand, the hanging lamps grew noticeably dimmer. “Now then,” said Hale. “I am glad that you have all answered my call. We have much to discuss.”

“What of Vladimir Faust?” said Geki. “I was under the impression that he was to be trusted. Why is he not here?”

“He was considered, for a time. But, it appears that our hallowed Grandmaster has chosen Faust as his second-in-command,” said Ar-Pharazon. “And thus, he is compromised.”

“Then it wouldst appear as such,” acquiesced Geki. “Although, I ‘m sure Faust is far from pleased – playing second fiddle to one such as Tinova.”

“Only time will tell,” replied Ar-Pharazon. “Now let’s proceed. Gantoris needs to understand what we’re all about.”

The Wookiee let out a growl of agreement.

“It is no secret,” said Ar-Pharazon, with a solemn pause, “that our vision of the Jedi Order differs significantly from Adi-Wan Tinova’s. So with that in mind, let me further preface our discussion with a simple request. I ask that you willingly hear us out, and seriously consider our position before making any hasty judgments.”

Gantoris thought the request was fair enough and agreed. This should be interesting.

“It is in our best interests – or those of the Jedi Order rather – that we maintain a vigilant watch over him,” said Ar-Pharazon. “We must; as we did with his predecessor, Neh Raven, whose leadership turned out less than stellar.”

The large grin on Geki’s face nearly split his face in two at the mention of Master Raven.

“The public has no idea how narrow the Council’s election was,” said Ar-Pharazon. “I would not consider a vote of six to five any sort of sweeping mandate. Know gentlemen, that we are in the minority, but not without recourse, and certainly not without right reason to maintain a close watch. Our vigilance is precisely what this meeting is about, Gantoris, and you have been invited because we’re aware that you also voted against his nomination.”

The Wookiee’s eyes widened with the realization. How had they known? Immediately, Gantoris’s thoughts harkened back to three nights previous, when the Masters of the Jedi Council met, to vote for their new Grandmaster. From their respective seats, they cast their votes with handheld units – manufactured by Jidai Geki. Clever. Real clever.

Suddenly Gantoris understood that this meeting concerned more than just keeping watch on the Grandmaster. Ar-Pharazon was right about another thing, too. It was no secret that these men dissented frequently against the Grandmaster. Gantoris’s opposition had been a secret, until – apparently – three nights ago, since Hale did invite him, presuming him a like-minded individual. While not a fan of Adi-Wan Tinova, Gantoris was sure that his reasons were different from those of the other men present, but eager to discover more, he replied to Ar-Pharazon with a blunt roar, questioning the need for the meeting’s secrecy.

“That is also complicated. Publically dissenting from a majority of the Council and a new Grandmaster is no easy task – at least not at the current time. We are confident though, that Adi-Wan, like his predecessor, will inevitably err, creating conditions more conducive for us.

“Our conditions, Ar-Pharazon? What is our situation?” said Geki.

“Once again; it’s complicated,” said Ar-Pharazon. “The situation with Tinova grows more complex each day.”

“I’m afraid that’s correct,” said Hale. “And it seems that the Force has spoken to us once again.”

“What? Have you had another foretelling?” said Geki.

“Indeed,” said Hale. “Not more than an hour ago.”

“It’s precisely why Hale and I summoned you both,” said Ar-Pharazon.

That announcement had been a surprise. Gantoris knew that Hale Akturus possessed the power to foresee future events through the Force, but had never actually discussed it with him. Most Jedi could sense disturbances and sudden movements before they would happen, but Hale’s ability was more refined, with great clarity of events far into the future.

“Well, carry on,” said Geki, impatiently.

“As we all know: through the Force, one can see many things,” said Hale. He closed his eyes and paused for a moment, before continuing. “And cutting to the point of the matter – it does not bode well.”

“You must tell us, Hale,” said Geki. “Spare no details.”

“Of course, old friend. I have seen the galaxy itself in great turmoil and strife. A great blackness will envelop it. What this blackness is, I cannot say, for it remained very unclear. It was not apparent, nor familiar to me in any way. Most striking of all is that our new Grandmaster, Adi-Wan Tinova stands at its center. Prior to tonight, I knew that Adi-Wan was involved on some level, but now I believe he may even be responsible. Around him, this strife will deal the Jedi Order a great blow.”

“Indeed, that is troubling,” said Geki. “What can we do to work against this? Perhaps there is time to counter it, if we act now.”

“No,” said Ar-Pharazon. “That is a mindset worth losing, Geki. If it’s the future, then it’s set – permanently. Those who seek to undo prophecy are fools. It’s a hard-learned lesson, but a steadfast rule. However, we are not without some options.”

“Options? What say you?” said Geki.

“Well, we must be prepared, militarily and technologically. Unless Gantoris refuses, he is in a great position to oversee the training of the Jedi Knights. Certainly conflict and strife are not new to the galaxy or the Jedi Order. Tonight we heard Montar sing about our valiant predecessors. Tacky songs, but true nonetheless. I often wonder how history will remember us. Will we be remembered for our great contributions? Will we stand against this coming darkness, this advent of shadows? As Jedi, we cannot let the galaxy face this challenge unprepared. It is our duty.”

“I agree entirely,” said Hale. “An inventory of our military capabilities will commence at once. In fact, Adi-Wan will probably request it anyway.”

“Splendid,” said Geki. “The future of our Order will be heavily entwined in nanotechnology. I promise you that, and take my word; we’ve made great strides. But, what about Adi-Wan? Wouldst it be wise to discuss these matters with him?”

“That’s difficult to say,” said Ar-Pharazon. “Our opposition is no secret to the rest of the Council. Imagine if we approached him, speaking of an irrefutable prophecy saying he was the cause of some massive war, and that only by having him step aside can we save the galaxy. It would be seen as highly irregular. I think we should, perhaps, wait until more unfolds.”

“I agree,” said Hale. “We are simply not in a position to tell Adi-Wan. At least, not yet.”

A small comlink sitting on the table in front of Ar-Pharazon erupted into a series of beeps.

“I have to be off,” said Ar-Pharazon, glaring at the device, frustrated. “The wife, more than likely.” He immediately redirected his attention to Gantoris. “But first, Master Wookiee, do we find ourselves in agreement?”

Gantoris replied in nodding agreement. Throughout the meeting he felt a disturbance in the Force, on some level, and he wondered if any of the others had felt it too. Regardless, this was the best way to go about investigating it. Ar-Pharazon smiled at his nod, obviously enthusiastic about what had been established.

“Good. We are done then,” said Ar-Pharazon, rising from his chair. “For the sake of our future meetings, when circumstances require strong secrecy, you will be known as Black Clone. Geki is Red Knight and Hale is White Shadow. I am Blue Rogue. Keep these names in mind. From this night forward, we are the Four Horsemen.”

Without waiting for a response, Ar-Pharazon grabbed the comlink from the table and proceeded out of Jidai Geki’s apartment.

NEW CHARACTER:

scaled.php?server=221&filename=gantoris.png&res=medium

Gantoris

Species: Wookiee

Edited by Guest

apeditname.jpg