Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

It was a relativly short ride, into the valley that was now the home of the Jedi. He doubted he would be here long,so, he didn't bother with most things he would have, had he been planning a longer stay.

Practically hoping out of his ship however, he decided to at least tour the facilites some, until he found his charge or she found him.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Slipping through the atmosphere he returned to the place he just left, not in the best of moods to boot. However, the student of the force he was forced him to listen to its suggestions, when it ofered them.

Perhaps it was out of some sense of duty, or perhaps a desire for knowledge, never the less, it called and he had come.

Checking his sensors, he decided against actually parking his ship near the temple itself, opting for a different idea. Landing on the outskirts of the valley, he armed himself with what he had on his ship. One quarterstaff, a couple of his special grenades, and a blaster later, he began his walk through the forest toward the jedi temple.

Scorp.jpg

• 5 months later...

With the impatience of a man with a new toy. He landed his ship. It wasn't graceful, just a decent landing that did not resemble being shot down.

Never the less shortly after the landing gear had been deployed and he had touched down. He had returned back to his hold. He wasn't finish with the creation of his new system.

Scorp.jpg

He had been locked away in the ship for who knew how long. Perhaps it had been a few hours, but he knew it had been days if not a week or two. Yet he felt the need to naturally try to complete all of his work before emerging out.

His daily routine inside of the ship was actually quite interesting to a degree. Emerge from either meditation or actual sleep, which ever he had decided on, and grab a ration bar, to get a few things going. Open up various files he had been keeping on his compounds, for a quick look amongst the special piezoelectric composites he had created. Find the one that he would work on for that day. Pull out a sample, and begin to modify it in such a way so it would be able to be applied as he needed it.

Granted he didn't have a full chem. Lab aboard his ship, but he had what he needed. After which he would then begin to build the application's device, for storage and dispersal.

After which he spent at least an hour or more practicing enclosed space lightsaber fighting, using both single handled and his double bladed style. Making sure he could make small precision strikes in an enclosed space. It was more or less his physical activity, to make sure he didn't become nothing more than a brain on a stick.

Following which if he had any weapons ready for testing, he had built a small screen of sorts that allowed him to see the effects of many gadgets. Once the testing phase was over, he would build the application for use, and add it to his ever increasing arsenal and then work on something new. Sometimes it took a while before he could get all of the bugs out of various gear. Only once did he make something far two sensitive.

He crafted various things of course, yet the last things he crafted were an old fashion looking shield made out of some sort of plastic, which he latter refined to be an armed guard, that had retractable plastic plates inside of it, that deployed at a moment's notice. He used them to counter balance the shooters on his arms.

As well as various boxes made of the same special plastic. Now the only real test that remained would be an actual sparring test with one or more jedi. He popped open the hatch to his ship and stared out. A tired yet excited looking man. If there was one thing he was going to do above all else, was find food that wasn't a ration bar.

Scorp.jpg

• 3 months later...

Silence seemed to fill the halls. A strangeness to be sure, one worth looking into perhaps at a later time. However, given the recent defeat at Ilum, it was understandable.

He had opted not to rush headlong into danger. Instead, he had focused on other matters, which were now a moot point thanks to the Empire's willing and wanton destruction of Ilum.

Given such a state he felt he should at least seek out the man he had sent off before and begin his training in earnest lest something untold happen and yet another padawan be torn from him.

He had to admit he was somewhat surprised to find him sitting in the library.

"Have you had your fill of studying yet?"

Scorp.jpg

"It didn't go quite as planned."

He raised an eyebrow as the motion of the book closing signaled a finality that had yet come to pass. Perhaps it was just the recent battles that were being spawned by these invaders. However, he felt a little bit more on edge than he usually did, which was troubling to say the least.

HE accepted such feelings, though instead of fighting it like most would suggest he should, he accept them and calmly let them go over the span of a few moments letting a small silence fill in-between them.

"Well I suppose if you are bored of studying, I could simply teach you for a while. A little hands on interaction never hurts anybody, well in most cases anyway. I think first and foremost I shall show you Jedi flow. Follow me to the gardens, I am a fan of actually engaging natural surroundings when in this line of work."

He swiftly turned and feeling no need to beckon to him began a rather interesting though roundabout path to the gardens.

Scorp.jpg

He came to a sudden stop in the middle of what could easily be an allergist's person worst nightmare. Yet, to the rest of the galaxy fortunate enough to not be subdued by such things it was really a work of art meant to be admired.

He turned to face his padawan while simultaneously bending over and performing stretches.

"You might want to limber up a bit. I haven't done this particular game in a while."

He paused to do a back bend, and then taking a deep breath he held the position and continued speaking.

"There us a thing that I can teach you first, it is used to be considered a game of sorts. Yet it been so long since it has been played by children that is simply just useful to know. I believe it is called Jedi flow. Now Jedi feel the force as if it was an ocean of energy, we immerse ourselves in it, floating within its currents or directing its waves. Your body holds inside of it memories of pain, anger and fear. It holds them deep within your tissues which is why you have conditioned responses that attempt to protect you from future injury. Kind of like scar tissue. "

It was difficult keeping his voice steady despite the demanding nature of the position he was in. However, when one trained extensively in form Four combat, the idea of acrobatics is as acceptable as walking.

He took a deep breath and then flipped himself over as to perform a hand stand. His lightsaber flipped upside down banging into his ribcage. Which would hurt anybody no matter how tough they were. A small grunt of pain was all the acknowledgement he gave having the metal weight slam into him.

"Tight ugh like the belt around a fat man or like a fist, it warps and twists you, after a time when you have collected enough it becomes like an armor of sorts. However, Jedi don't really wear armor, some do but it is only because of the trying times that face us all. However as Jedi we really don't wear armor. For armor both protects as well as numbs, jedi must expose themselves fully to the currents of the universe. I can teach you how to remove some of these wounds that you may have accumulated in your life span. "

He felt his arms reach the point of stress he knew they could take and so he bent them downward before pushing himself off and flipping around to land on his feet.

"Ah much better! Where was I? Oh yes, You could consider them to be boulders of a sort, obstacles in your river of energy since you have yet to truly unlock the force. You need to learn to flow around your fears and angers instead of crashing into against them. Learn well enough and you can even direct the river to move the boulders for you, widening the riverbed and allowing you to access more of the force."

He unhooked his canteen and took a sip of lukewarm water, though it was more than enough to quell his current thirst. It also gave him a little more time to try and form his next words carefully.

"Activity or physical action is the unity of breathing, motion, and alignment. In other words I think, breath is the result of the motion of your diaphragm, and the movement of your spine. Motion is the result by breathing and proper posture. And alignment is resulted by a unity of breath and motion. Try to keep this in mind when we move in to the martial arts portion of our training. After all a Jedi must know how to fight."

He then sat down on the ground and motioned for his padawan to do the same.

"You see with Jedi flow a person can take two-dimensional calisthenics and can turn them into three- dimensional gymnastics, moving static exercise positions through additional ranges of motion, turning poses into dynamic waveforms and, combine them, flow in and out of them, creating your own combinations to address any specific fitness needs."

He took a deep breath.

"Let us start with a simple breathing exercise. Follow my example."

He began to slowly take a deep breath filling his lungs to their full capacity and then slowly exhaling outward. On the second breath he created a number of short small bursts of air. In the end he focused on the exhalations only, allowing air pressure to fill his lungs passively as the rib cage expanded.

Scorp.jpg

Though always in tune with his surroundings time seemed to slip away as he spent at least the better part of an hour demonstrating how two-dimensional calisthenics could be turned into three- dimensional gymnastics, moving static exercise positions through additional ranges of motion, turning poses into dynamic waveforms, and melding all with the triumvirate of breathing, motion, and alignment. Then willing to take it a step further by taking those exercises and combining them, flow in and out of them, creating his own combinations to address any specific fitness needs. Yet always preserving and attending to breathing, motion, and alignment.

Finally at last rather lose and limber, though quite relaxed he motioned for a new phase to begin.

"All right now I Shall take you through a basic mediation exercise. Sit down and close your eyes. I find closing that closing your eyes helps people since it removes visual stimulation. Now allow yourself to feel the force flowing through you much like the ocean current I talked about before. Now reach deep into your self and relax. feel the force and allow it to flow through you."

Scorp.jpg

He had seen many people open themselves up to the force for the first time. He considered it a sort of special moment between a person and the force that he had no reason to interrupt. All He felt the need to do was guide them to the point that they can discover it for themselves.

Though the exercise had been some what silly, it had also been physically challenging yet an eye opener. He exhausted the inexperienced body while free it up to let the force flow through it with greater ease.

Despite everything, he flipped himself over and caught himself on his hands. He felt he was a master of his physical body, though in order to truly know he always felt the need to stretch what ever limits he placed upon himself.

A complex movements of hands forced him to resemble a dancer in the most unique form. Strange as it was, it was more or less as graceful as he could manage. Exercising full control of himself, he stopped his swaying movements and opened himself up to the force.

The force was connected to all things, much like an all-permeating mist. He grasped his lightsaber with the force and slowly unclipped it and held it away from his body while simultaneously holding himself physically upright using only his hands.

Then with a strange idea in mind he began to walk on his hands, exercising control of the force and control over his body by forcing the saber to move in front of him, as if he was a dog that had a bone dangled in front of him by a stick stuck in his collar.

Scorp.jpg

Muscles straining he was”¦ observing his apprentice's progress while still trying to keep up with his multitasking. It was something he did well enough that he sometimes lapsed into doing such strange things, not as a means to pass the time but, to strengthen his own connection to the force.

He sometimes though his own training methods could be considerably less jedi like, since instead of moving boulders or doing something helpful while training, he normally ended up performing some dangerous stunt that required him to be in full control of his body as well as muster up the ability to use the force.

Though it was perhaps this view he had of his own training methods that allowed him not to lose concentration when his apprentice finally spoke again. Instead he bent at the elbows and rolled forward. Clipping his saber to his belt as he stood up he raised an eyebrow.

”œObi-Wan Kenobi once said, you have taken your first step into a larger world. I believe this has happened now with you as well.”

Scorp.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

"Hmm no questions at all. Well then, I guess we could rest for today. You taken a rather large step today, I think it is fair to give you a break."

He gestured toward the door. "While it is of course up to you, I say you should perhaps find a recreation activity of some sort, or you can join me on a stimulating exploration of this valley."

Scorp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

He smiled amused that the young man had decided to see the world instead of taking the time for rest and relaxation. Well he would soon burn out such idea. Sometimes a good rest is what a Jedi really needed.

He began to started forward when he was struck by a presence he had felt since....

He paused mid-step and soon found himself in front of Mathis.

"Next time I'll give you my comm signal. Makes things a bit easier."

He wasn't one ready to display a massive amount of surprise at the sudden and unexpected appearance of his old master. Even though inside he almost couldn't believe the man was standing in front of him. Last he had heard the man had gone out to the outer rim and presumed lost.

Scorp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

((Sorry for the delay, Rl got might hetic all at once.))

Scorp half turned to excuse his apprentice before launching into what he knew so far.

"Well the loose ends were tied up in one way or another. As for what is going on. Well we have been invaded by a group of aliens with an awe inspiring amount of destructive power. In their first move they wiped out all of the planets in the corellia system, and then captured center point. From there they attacked Mechiss III where a Galatic battle was currently being waged. After The Planet escaped, the invaders destroyed one of the moons of Tattooine where a meeting of the Galaxy's leaders was taking place. After the destruction of a sun using the sun cruisher, they wiped out twelve other planets before appearing at Ilum. There I was capture and was subjected to a device that melts a person with a connection to the force. Or a high connection at least. Another battle was waged over Ilum where most of the Jedi were wiped out by the same machine which had broaden its reach into space.

In a turn of events, the Empire pulled out a death star and destroyed Ilum. Then Alliance and Empire routed the enemy. Then they took the fight to the enemy at Gromas where now the battle is still being waged. The Jedi however, are either dead or scattered. Some are hear others are elsewhere. The Grandmaster is away as his her husband. Assuming some sort of op given the general lack of panic behind their disappearance.

That is the current state of affairs."

He shifted on one foot.

"Did you encounted beings that seemed like a whole society of cyborgs during your travels?"

Scorp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

He watched him for reactions as he reaccounted that which had happened. He wasn't suprised by the reactions he was able to view.

"Ah a shame I was hoping you had more insight. Never the less as for who is currently in charge. That is not clearly defined at the moment so it defults to Onderin."

He paused and folded his arms over his chest.

Scorp.jpg

• 2 months later...

His normal training exercises always emphasized mind and body. Allowing the force to flow through him and use in conjunction with his own natural physical prowess. However, with the galaxy currently in the state that it was he felt the need to pry into the ideals of his padawan who seemed more than content to spend hours on end studying much like he used to do before knight hood.

Perhaps I should return back to those times, while hectic they had a certain simplicity to them.

He sighed, catching up with his old master had been”¦. Fun. To say the least. Alas, he had neglected his own padawan far too long. While it was good to leave them to their own devices, leave them for too long, and nothing really could get done. He activated his datapad and sent a transmission over to his padawan. What better place to meet his padawan then in the garden. Taking a slight left, he made his own way toward the garden.

Scorp.jpg

"I must say that is quite the answer perhaps you will already know what I will ask you in the end. However, to answer the question some what war exists for a number of reasons, but it all boils down to one small reason above all else. Everyone wants to be happy. Everyone desires his or her small piece of happiness. It is what drives them to war; it is what drives their lives. Even we Jedi are not immune to our desire to want a little piece of happiness.

Therefore if it is invented or if it is biological it matters not.

Perhaps in the beginning and in quite a few primitive cultures, war began as a response to raiders. From raiders came fortifications, which lead to better weapons on the raider's part, which lead to the formation of small armies, which would be costly to produce and maintain, yet never the less, created to take the fight away from the lands of the farmers and into the homes of the raiders.

With that comes the idea of a state, and the fact that states indeed make war, yet at the same time war is what can make a state. Countless rebellions including the rebel alliance adhere to this philosophy whether they know it or not.

In order to understand the reasons we are at war we must understand why War exists. If war exists simply because everyone is fighting to get their small piece of happiness then you have learned your first lesson as a Jedi in to defusing a hostile situation,.

Situations that become violent are only so because at the back of the mind, everyone believes that their might makes right. Through social interactions and the like, we learn that might is indeed not right, and we create things like welfare programs and such. Yet Violence is the easiest of all things to perpetuate for everyone has the ability to incite violence. It is simply part of our ability to live.”

Scorp.jpg

His face remained impassive though secretly he was proud at the fact his apprentice had grasped the ability to use the force so quickly.

"Tell me,"

He said as he hooked his saber back onto his belt.

"Why did you decide to use the force to bring the ball to your palm?

Would it not have been far easier to simply kick the ball? Was my threat what spurred you into using the force or your desire for practice? Or was there a hint of show boating in your use of the force to show how quickly you had grasped it?"

He fired off each question before suddenly coming to a stop and carefully monitoring the body language. He was expecting a certain response.

Scorp.jpg

He watched his apprentice's face fall and raised an eyebrow to at least show he noticed.

I think he caught on to that particular lesson. So just to stress some of the finer points.

”œI think you caught on rather quickly, I'll say I am impressed, though I will stress upon you this. The force is a gift though it will not baby you. It is not a convenience or a toy. Trust the force, but your faith in the force, but use it not for mundane tasks if you don't have to. In this you will be able to truly respect the force for what it is.”

Scorp.jpg

”œAh a failure, don't fret it doesn't meant anything bad on your part. It simply mean one thing. You weren't being honest. You who just discovered how to move a small ball weren't anywhere near ready to move a statue, much less twirl it around. A Jedi should be honest. Jedi are permitted to stretch the truth if the situation required it of them, however this is to be done as sparingly as possible. An honest Jedi is always truthful with himself, his Master, and the Council.

In doing this you will have mastered overconfidence. Many Young Jedi Have died trying to do what would be impossible of them, only because they thought the force was limitless for them. The Force is only truly limitless to those who have a limitless understanding of it.

In these two things you learn from one practice experience I hope. Remember you don't have to win at all costs. Just because you don't win doesn't mean you have lost or failed either. Never the less, understand that failure is an option, and that it is ok to fail. You are as mortal as anyone else, and in that we all have the ability to fail.

Don't think you should always plan for failure, plan for both success and failure, so you don't only use the minimal amount of effort if you will to say that you tried. After all famous words spoken by Master yoda would be. Do or not do there is no try.

In the end, Do not force the win if you must not win. It is far better to end something peacefully then it is to win at all costs. Yet understand that not everyone can have their small piece of happiness, so always plan for success though never leave failure out as an option. In learning these things, you are on the road to mastering self discipline. A critical step for a jedi.”

Scorp.jpg

I seek harmony with both mind and body, yet sometimes it is necessary to deceive the mind, to that end, I still feel the need to master this particular self created technique.

He concentrated and focused on himself at first, exploring himself through the force and felt how he was perceived by others. In that focusing he began to match the pattern, and overlay it over that of a droid body frame.

He had long since gotten the ability to do this particular power on objects that were not moving. It was a way he felt too confuse any sith trying to track him through the force. After all rob an enemy of his mental strengths and the battle is far less in their favor.

However, while he could place this on mansized objects, he had yet to be able to keep it on moving objects. His goal being that he would soon be able to make it seem, as there were more than one of him, by using various things but, most likely droids. In that, escapes after forays into Sith held areas should be considerably easier in comparison to previous attempted.

The droid moved and with it so did it carry the force signature that some could use to identify his presence. He had felt it necessary to copy his force signature down, on the off chance he ran into some one who knew him quite well. Though he had taken a year, (I think this marks a year) to learn this ability and create it such that it was suitable he was still amazed that he had over come the problem of a weak signature. Early on, he always had a problem of a weak signature as he was unable to project strongly onto inanimate objects. Now however, things were a tad bit different.

As the droid move around the room, he felt a sense of satisfaction for at least accomplishing a feat he had set out for himself so long ago. In time he would be able to cast this out far quicker, and he could begin to base some simply plans around the use of this power.

The feeling of two Scorp being in the building no doubt went unnoticed by most, since normally people were not searching for his specific force signature. However, he did feel has padawan coming. He looked at his chrono.

Three hours later, glad to see he was in no rush to get over here.

He reached into his pocket and set a small colorless cube on the floor. As the droid continued to walk around posing as Scorp, Scorp with no longer a need to focus on the droid, almost forgot there was a droid with his active force power on it. After all, once he was able to project it, the signature had to either fade away or be ripped away in one way or another.

Scorp.jpg

He didn't shake his head nor did he raise and eyebrow or become surprised. He had had no expectations for the boy, and so the results did not disappoint or surprise him. He simple observed and felt the currents of the force as he watched his padawan attempt to run those same currents through the cube.

”œControl, you must learn control.”

Scorp.jpg

He observed his padawan, felt the force and felts it behavior around him. He crossed his armors over his chest. In the past he had been willing to step in, help guide his Padawans along the path of mediation by joining his with theirs. Yet he had seen firsthand the results of those methods. He did not wish to be apart of the process of creating anything like that again, so in by not spoon feeding his padawan he was forcing the young man to learn for himself.

”œTo control the force you must first control yourself. Self discipline is one of the core abilities that make a Jedi into a Jedi.”

Scorp.jpg

When I first met him he seemed to exude the feeling that he could take on the galaxy, he also seemed troubled, though he hid it well. His words were full of pleasantries and seemed collected, yet there seemed to be a sense of turmoil with in him. Since that time, he seemed to have been wanting to prove something. I doubt it is to me so perhaps to himself.

That in itself lies another problem”¦

He raised an eyebrow as the first trickle of blood began to march down the face of his padawan, blazing a small yet noticeable trail for anyone paying attention. He crossed his arms over his chest, wondering if his padawan, would notice the change in his physical state. Yet his observation quickly turned to alarm when the man's checks suddenly seemed to flush with a crimson fervor and the blood trickle grew larger.

He crossed the short distance he had created between them with one stride to firmly place both hands on his apprentice's shoulder.

”œPadawan Stop!”

Scorp.jpg

He looked down at the slumped figure and raised an eyebrow. In time he would fine tune the control, it was inevitable was practice. He knelt and rocked the body back so he could pick him up. Far better than leaving him on the floor of a hanger.

He had a few medical facility on his ship, which meant more or less he had a place he could let the man sleep after pushing himself so far. Carrying him up the ramp he deposited him in the resting area before moving toward the front of his ship.

He occupied his time scanning the holonet.

Scorp.jpg

It wasn't a deliberate action, years of being trained to move in certain ways makes it come naturally to a person. Still he tried not to surprise his apprentice who had come out to meet him. Instead, he simply glided in front of him, his hands lost in the folds of his robe.

”œWhat is your rush? After I wake up I normally like to down a hot cup of caf, or maybe some tea. Though I can't say I am a big fan of either. Juice should be an accepted method of stimulating oneself. How can you go wrong with juice?”

Scorp.jpg