Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

As Moric took of his blindfold, he was greeted with the image of Garet, grinning as he aimed his rapid fire blaster rifle at the apprentice.

"I said no rocks were to touch you, but that was decent for first try. Your next task is to disarm me if you think you can."

Garet let loose blasting fire at Moric.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

• 2 weeks later...

Garet's fangs were revealed in a satisfied grin. Moric was showing just the right combination of control and release that Garet had been trying to instill in him. Garet wanted to see how far he could push Moric. As soon as the blaster was destroyed, Garet's crimson lightsaber was in his hand. He sweeped knocking Moric's saber up, and landing a kick into his belly.

"So far you can take out a marginally skilled gunman, but I'm afraid that's at the low end of the spectrum when it comes to warriors in this galaxy. Let's see how you handle a fellow Serpent."

Garet sprang into the air and swept his saber down toward Moric's fallen form . . .

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry Moric, I hope your still around I forgot about this

IC: The blow landed on Garet's stomach, but it's affect was minimal. The Doshan's muscles tensed as his abdomen was struck, softening the blow. Garet's elbow shot out, connecting with Moric's jaw, and sending the young Serpent backward.

"You should have used the Force to enhance your strength when you struck, like I taught you before. You're human, and at a natural disadvantage to me in combat, but the Force equalizes all."

Garet held his saber out before him, and a second blade ignited from the other end. The Serpent Lord knew Moric hadn't even gotten used to one, but he felt it was essential to push Moric as much as possible. Garet's double bladed saber twirled in his hand as he advanced. He struck once high, and then again low.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Garet blocked Moric's saber as the apprentice swung at Garet's fallen form. As he held Moric off, he received Rocketblaze's comm, though it was hard to concentrate with a lightsaber inces from his face.

"Very good. You must press as hard and fast as possible when you have the advantage like this."

The Serpent Lord slammed his foot into Moric's abdomen, and crawled to his feet. As Garet displayed, such advantages were fleeting in the heat of battle. The two warriors paced around each other, each seemingly waiting for the other to attack. Thus far Garet had shown Moric his strength, the Serpent felt it was time to show off some agility.

Garet deactivated the bottom end of his saber as he launched himself over Moric's head. Their sabers clashed in mid-air, and then again as Garet landed on the other side. Garet swung his saber again and again with as much speed as he could muster. He finally got through, striking Moric's saber from his hand. Garet's claw slashed out, catching the Serpent across the chest with a deep wound.

"You kept up with me surprisingly well. Don't be thrown off by the pain, call your saber back to block, quickly."

Garet swung his saber like a baseball bat, toward Moric's head.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet spun out, the blade grazing his side. Burnt lizard flesh filled the air. But Garet showed no pain, wounds were fleeting for a Trandoshan.

"That's enough, cast aside that weapon. You have done well, and it is time to complete your training. You must follow my instructions precisely it is time to forge your saber. Go into the armory, there you will find the metals you wish to use. On the way you should decide what your saber design will be as well. Proceed to the forge afterwards and I will meet you there."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet was pleased with Morci's ingenuinity. He would need such resourcefulness for what lay ahead. The room they were in was large, but an iron anvil and a large furnace were the only things that decorated it. The heat was oppressive. Garet hefted large sledge hammer, and through it to Moric.

"You will use this, the fires of the forge, and the Force to forge they cylinder of the lightsaber. Lightsabers are small weapons, and once you have the metal reduced to a certain size you will have to temper it with the Force alone. I will be here to guide you if you have any problems."

Garet watched Moric begin.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet felt the call as well.

"You are doing well. Leave the work here, we will finish later."

Moric and Garet assembled with the others in the dining hall. The Doshan was curious as to what Rocketblaze had discovered about the state of the Sith. It had been quite a while since Garet had heard anything from them.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet guided Moric back to the forge. But as they walked, he stopped lifting his head in the air.

"I sense a presence I have not felt for quite some time."

It appeared his old rival had returned. But there would be time to worry about that later. Garet examined the cylinder Moric had created with approval.

"Now you must make the crystals. Sith and Serpent saber crystals are made from dark side energy. You must create them through the Force and the fires of that forge. After that, you will only have one task left before your saber is complete."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"You don't want a red lightsaber?"

Garet was glaring at Moric as he said this. A red lightsaber was good enough for him, it should be good enough for Moric. But it was Moric's decision. Ilum was not that far away. Garet felt he could skip out for a few days. Tashkri could handle things here.

I hope Rocketblaze doesn't think I'm skipping out on my responsibilities.

He left a note with J, telling his Master where he would be. Before speaking to Moric,

"Very well. Meet me on Ilum. Let's try to make this fast."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Gamit Gun emerged from hyperspace, following Moric to the surface. He landed beside Moric's ship. The Serpent Lord could sense his apprentice fading as he pulled the hatch open. Working quickly but calmly Garet lifted the unconcious Moric from the cockpit, and carried him back to the Serpent base. He plunged the warrior into a bacta tank, and made his way to his forge.

I know exactly what needs to be done. This will give me some practice.

Garet was excited to have a reason to use his alchemist abilities once again. The Doshan had decided to make a synthetic leg for Moric. He told himself it was strictly a chance to excercise his power, but deep down he felt Moric deserved a reward, even if he'd disobeyed the Serpent Lord. Garet gathered the necessary metal, and worked shaping and forging it into the proper form. Replicating the flexibility of a human leg was the most difficult part, and for that he needed a little help. Garet sketched the transmutations circle carefully, summoning the power his Master had granted him. He felt the energy flow into the metallic leg, finishing its construction.

Garet made his way to the bacta tank Moric was in. He temporarily shut it down, draining the bacta. The Doshan fitted the leg to Moric's healing stump, and sketched a small transmutation circle on to the point were the flesh and metal met. He infused it with his alchemist powers creating a stronger bond than anything medical science could come up with. Satisfied, Garet filled the tank again and awaited his apprentice's healing to finish. There was one last thing they needed to discuss . . .

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet spoke,

"I allowed Moric to get out of my sight. He attacked two Jedi, and killed them single handedly. I accept full responsibility, it was my duty to keep an eye on him."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet rose, and followed Rocketblaze out of the room. He hurried to catch up to his Master's quick strides.

"I am here Master."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet was definitely pleased at thought of being called a Master of anything There was much he valued over titles and prestige, but it was nice to be recognized once in a while, especially by someone he admired as much as Rocketblaze. Getting a higher rank than Tashkri didn't hurt either.

Rocketblaze is the only person in this galaxy I have any respect for, the only person I would consider a friend. I owe him much more than I could ever repay, so I need no proof of my value to him. Nonetheless I will carry the title with gratitude and pride.

It was difficult for him to articulate such feelings, but he knew Rocketblaze would get his message. He was about to speak when an odd creature in robes replied to his Master's last statement. Garet moved to step in front of the Archserpent, his hand on the hilt of his sword. But Rocketblaze stayed the movement of the Serpent Master. Reluctantly Garet stopped his advance.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Garet gathered himself, still having trouble determining what exactly had gone on. The man whom Rocketblaze had spoken to displayed powers Garet had never seen before. He was certain Rocketblaze knew what he was doing, but a part of him wondered whether they should involve themselves in such things. Mulling over this, the Sith Lord made his way to the Blazetail.

I'm surprised he let me mess with his ship.

Garet fired up the engines, and awaited his Master.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Garet nodded, and carefully took off from Chandrila. The stars streaked as the group headed into hyperspace.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 7 months later...

Garet had much work to do. Retraining this body in the Force and in combat tactics would not be easy. And Garet had to forge a new lightsaber. Garet had enough Force awareness to feel the presence of Raven. The Serpent Lord allowed Rocketblaze to catch up with Raven, as he went about his work. He knew how best to start retraining himself.

Rebuild my weapon.

The Serpent found his makeshift forge unharmed from Cineon's reign of terror. Garet had materials prepared before his death, and found them still in their proper location. He hefted the large durasteel hammer.

Heavier than I remember.

Garet began pounding and shaping the metal before him into the familiar cylinder of a double-bladed lightsaber. The work strained his muscles and his mind.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet finished the cylinder of his new weapon. He had struggled using the Force to shape it properly. Twice the Doshan had created an inferior weapon, and twice he was forced to start again. By the time he was finished, his physical and mental strength had began to give out.

It's too much too soon. I cannot regain all of my abilities in one day.

Garet did not have the power to continue. He needed some time to rest. Laying down his tools, the Serpent Lord emerged in the dining hall. He had seen Raven upon his arrival, but now Garet was greeted with Tashkri, his old rival and Cineon.

He lives once more.

Though Garet had not been in control when he ended Cineon's life, there was still a residual sense of annoyance at the former Emperor. Garet walked behind Cineon silently to take a seat at the end of the table.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

OOC: Garet had a final.

IC: Garet returned Tashkri's greeting but made little effort to speak. He was having trouble eating his meal. Such mundane tasks were the most difficult for him to handle in this new body. It was almost as if it was trying to reject this foreign soul. But the situation was getting better

The more I build up my strength, the closer I get to reacquiring and even surpassing my previous skill level.

Heartened, Garet forced himself to finish eating.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet spoke to Moric,

"I am glad to see you still alive."

Garet said no more. The Doshan had always been a creature of few words, and his various ordeals since last seeing Moric had not changed. Garet had finished eating, and was now determined to finish his task. He stood, exiting the hall.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Garet returned to his training. The makeshift forge was hot and poorly contructed. It made his work all the harder. Garet hefted his hammer, and began pounding once more.

My mind has the knowledge, but this body lacks the skill.

It was this thought that kept him going. Garet knew he could return to his former strength if he trained hard enough. The metal slowly began to take shape. Garet had set out to make a lightsaber, but he did not yet have the Force concentration necessary. The Doshan was forging a sword.

First I train with the sword. Then I will be ready for the saber.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Garet had his old body back now, and a metal arm bestowed upon him by Tzeentch as his reward. The arm was designed to help him use his alchemic abilities with more ease. Garet felt the slowness of trying to use his magic was a reason he had been defeated. He had never been too keen on working with someone like Tzeentch. He'd always felt the Serpents functioned best when Rocketblaze gave orders, not when he took them. But he had his original form back and that was all he was concerned about.

It will be much easier now to reforge my lightsaber.

With that in mind, Garet tossed the piece of junk he'd been working on before. He started over from scratch, using his alchemy abilities to quicken the process.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Garet hefted his new double-bladed lightsaber. His work had been quickened by his alchemic gifts and his new left arm. Garet looked at the transmutation symbols etched into the arm. They had certainly made the process quicker.

"I think I will call this arm the Iron Reaver."

Garet heard Rocketblaze's call. He clipped his saber to his belt, and strapped his sword across his back and took his place in the dining hall.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet accepted Rocketblaze's pronouncement. He wasn't happy that a Jedi was in their midst, though, that was for certain. The Serpent Lord had had little contact with the Jedi Order, but did not like what little he'd seen. The Jedi were as hypocritical and damaging to the galaxy as the groups they fought against. The Serpent spoke,

"I will respect your wishes Master, I am sure your reasons for allowing this Jedi to be here are valid. But she should realize any effort she makes to change me will be futile."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet left the meeting area and returned to his neverending training. The Serpent Lord pulled his black robes tight as he walked to the edge of the forest. He breathed deeply, allowing the pure air to fill his lungs. It had been too long since he'd been here. The Trandoshan warrior felt more at home in the wilderness than anywhere else. He sprung into the air gripping a large branch with his Iron Reaver and pulling himself up. With no help from the Force, Garet used his powerful ears and nose to catch the scent of a familiar animal. It was the same species of the bearlike creature he'd battled and defeated last time. That time the animal had been hunting Garet.

This time I will be the hunter.

Garet leapt lightly from branch to branch. He made sure he squelched the Force from influencing his actions. Garet believed it was wiser for a warrior to train his body and mind, the Force and his alchemic magic were merely supplements to those abilities. Garet followed the trail for several miles before he spotted the animal eating the freshly killed carcass of a six-legged deer like animal. Garet watched the hulking monster for sometime.

Killing it would be a waste. I have an unfair advantage. To truly come close to death, I must not use any of my abilities. I must steal the meat without harming the beast.

Garet climbed down head first his claws gripping the bark. He reached the foot of the tree before flipping over, his feet making no sound at all as they touched the earth. Garet felt the soil shift with his movements beneath his toes. Then Garet shot off on all fours as fast as he could. The animal at last caught his scent and turned swiping its giant paw at Garet. The Doshan slid feet first, feeling the claws pass inches above his forehead. He came to a stop beside the carcass. Throwing the heavy burden over his shoulder, the Doshan began to run. He could hear the larger animal crashing through the trees close behind.

And so the chase begins.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet sat perched on a tree several minutes later, consuming his lunch, stolen from the forest creature. He had a preference for raw meat, but felt a twinge of guilt that his meal was scavenged.

I should have returned the carcass and hunted myself. My laziness won out.

The bear-like beast hadn't been nearly as fast as he remembered, and the Doshan had escaped with ease. He wouldn't find much of a challenge in that department any longer. Garet took it as a good sign he had reattained his skills and in fact, improved them. Finished, he leisurely made his way back to the Serpent lair. Garet moved through the base, and into the training area. He heard the whirring of a lightsaber, and stopped by one of the rooms to check the source. The Trandoshan warrior could see Kirana within. He silently walked in and watched her movements.

She leaves herself too open on the left flank when she spins. It's because she relies too much on the Force. She seems overly reliant on her lightsaber as well. You have to have enough skill to fight without it, lightsabers are fragile. The lightsaber should not be the weapon, the warrior's whole body should. I didn't expect much better out of a Jedi I suppose.

The Serpent Lord continued to mentally critique Kirana.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

The Doshan looked upon Kirana with no small measure of disgust. He moved forward, and leaned against the door frame. Garet's dislike for the Jedi was not rooted in personal experience, but a dislike for almost all Force-users in general, save his Master and perhaps Tashkri because of their experiences together. Garet saw most Force-users squandor their gifts, and it bothered him a great deal. However, he believed the Jedi were among the worst offenders in this respect, so that had a special place on his list.

"I thought we were supposed to be learning from each other Jedi. Am I not free to watch without you bothering me?"

Garet had a distinctly sarcastic tone to his voice when he spoke these words.

"But if you must know, I wanted to watch how a Jedi trains for combat. I wanted to see if I could learn a bit. Imagine my disappointment."

Garet had no intention of trying to harm Kirana, he would obey his Master. But he saw no issue with bothering the woman. After all, she was supposed to be convincing him of the glories of the light side.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet grinned widely showing his Doshan fangs. He had no intention of fighting when he came here. But giving this Jedi a dose of reality was very enticing. Garet did not have desire to disappoint Rocketblaze, though.

I cannot disobey my Master. But as long as I keep control and this doesn't get ugly, he shouldn't mind.

Garet wasn't sure how a Sith and Jedi could practice duel without getting too rough. The Doshan, however, knew his sense of loyalty would overcome his tendency to go for the kill. He hoped Kirana could keep herself in check as well.

"Alright Jedi. If you think you're up to it."

The Doshan pulled his double-bladed lightsaber from his belt, each end coming to life. He used the Force to calm him and keep his mind clear. This was an unusual tactic for a Sith, but Garet relied on his reflexes, not Force induced fits of rage.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet smiled even wider at Kirana's response. She was much more calculating than he had anticipated. She obviously wanted him to make the first move. Garet preferred being on the defensive when a duel began. Any duelist with half a brain preferred to feel out the opponent. But she would find out he could come up with some clever offenses if necessary. Kirana would not easily be able to determine Garet's style. He followed no pattern.

Doshans aren't the smartest creatures in the galaxy. But we know how to fight.

Garet's left hand held the upper half of his lightsaber, his Iron Reaver arm held the lower half. He circled the Jedi, Kirana moving with him, always keeping her face toward the Serpent. Her eyes revealed that she was very experienced in these sorts of fights. That did not intimidate the Doshan in the least. Garet worked out his battle plan quickly. He would show her that even though he wasn't allowed to kill Kirana, that didn't mean this wasn't going to be painful. The Serpent Lord attacked at last, and spun his blades in a windmill attack. In rapid succession he struck with each end of his blade. The air crackled as her silver weapon blocked each his attacks.

She's good with the saber. But a real warrior doesn't just fight with the sword.

Garet attacked again, and locked his upper blade with her silver saber. The Doshan could feel the power surrounding Kirana. She was gifted with a powerful connection to the Force, much greater than Garet's. He wasn't surprised, Garet's Force connection was average for a Force-user, maybe even a little lower. As he felt her aura, Garet faltered for a moment. Grinding his teeth, he quickly surged back against her, using his Doshan strength. His metallic Iron Reaver helped him gain even more leverage, as he forced Kirana to slide backward ever so slowly. Garet knew this maneuver could be easily countered by any Jedi. Brute strength would not win duels.

No doubt she thinks me a common Doshan thug and a weak Sith. Time to show her the truth.

Garet disengaged without warning, dropping to the ground, falling straight backward. He finally focused on the dark side, bringing forth his anger and hate against those who would squandor their force abilities. Jedi like Kirana were the embodiment of these pseudo-warriors. Garet's Iron Reaver hit the floor. The Doshan's feet rose off the ground, and Garet balanced on his one hand. His boot kicked upward striking the Jedi on the chin. The Force increased the speed of his attack, and Kirana had a bloody mouth in less than five seconds. Then the Doshan was on his feet again, his blades whirring toward Kirana. Garet was well trained and well disciplined. He may not be the strongest in Force ability, but the Sith and Jedi he'd slain were a testament to his dueling prowess.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet's spine painfully absorbed the impact of her boot. He fell forward into a roll, coming to his feet again and spinning to face Kirana. His face was emotionless now, though it would hard to for a non-Doshan to read his face anyway. Garet obviously had been outmaneuvered in that last exchange, and he was displeased. The Jedi had not even been using her full strength. She was attempting to embarass him, or so Garet believed. He had to admire her agility. It seemed to be one of her strongest skills. But there were ways around that. A battle plan formed in his mind.

She's better than I convinced myself, but still not quite good enough.

Garet's red eyes stared right back at Kirana's, as he advanced. He gripped his hilt firmly in the metal claws of his Iron Reaver. Garet blindly swung his blade toward her head. Kirana easily dodged the sloppy maneuver of course. Garet attacked again, swinging the red saber toward her midsection, and again Kirana sidestepped the attack. He feigned frustration as he growled at the Jedi.

A Doshan is quick to anger, surely she knows that.

But Garet's anger was not real. He did not feel he'd yet lost control of this battle, he was still enjoying himself.

It's time to show her one of my tricks.

Garet prepared to attack for a third time, but this time the attack was different. The Doshan did not swing his blade, but merely held it out in front of him. His metallic wrist began to rotate faster and faster as he ran with enhanced speed toward Kirana, much faster than his last two weak attacks. His wrist was soon spinning with such speed it seemed as if a solid red circle was surrounding his hand. Garet's blades elongated even further as one of Garet's metal claws pressed a button on the cylinder. The double bladed lightsaber was a whirring wall of death in front of the Jedi. Garet gathered his Force strength, recalling the Jedi's precision kick to his back. It had almost been a mockery of his abilities, or at least that's what Garet told himself to stir his rage.

Do not use lethal force. Do not succumb to your instincts.

With that thought, Garet's held his deadly blade out to the left. His powerful haunches sprung him into the air. The Doshan used the Force to spin his own body just as his blade was spinning. His leap had purposefully not been very high and the tornado attack headed straight for Kirana's eyes.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet's metallic wrist stopped rotating as Kirana dodged his move. The Jedi was fast and thus become increasingly annoying. He pulled out of his spinning attack, landing firmly on the training room floor. All that and he'd barely scratched her. Garet was disappointed, his maneuver looked cool, but it wasn't as effective as he'd hoped. Suddendly, the Serpent Lord could feel one of her remotes head towards him. Garet pulled a roundhouse, shattering the small device into pieces. He was about to leap after Kirana, but he could sense she was moving again.

What am I fighting, a spider monkey?

"Throwing things at people is a cheap maneuver Jedi, this is a lightsaber duel."

His words were merely a distraction. Garet did not care what tactics the Jedi used, in the end the result would be the same. He turned as she landed behind him. Her entire attack had taken less than a few seconds. Her speed was indeed excellent. With two swipes of his saber, Garet cut down the other two remotes. He backflipped to avoid the fall of her silver blade, its end catching his back causing a long painful burn across his skin. Luckily it was only the tip of the weapon or he'd be missing a spinal column right now. Garet focused his attention on the burn allowing the pain to fuel his anger.

I am restrained because I can't kill her. Surely she knows if this was a duel to the death, she'd be in the next world right now.

Garet struck back clashing sabers with Kirana. His wrist rotated knocking her blade aside. He struck the end of his red saber forward, like a spear, aiming for Kirana's shoulder. But her speed impressed him again, recovering fast enough to swipe aside his blade with her own. Her arm had been a blur, her Force ability was amazing to behold. Their sabers dueled furiously for several moments, neither gaining an advantage.

Be patient.

Garet had to struggle to keep himself from throwing down his saber and going for her throat. It would be a quick end to the Doshan. His rage was powerful when controlled, but suicidal when he let it get out of hand. Garet stuck to his plan, contemplating his next move as they fought. At last, Garet locked sabers with Kirana. His red eyes stared into her own.

"You cannot win a contest of strength Jedi."

He emphasized this point by thrusting her saber to the floor, and holding it there with his own. His Iron Reaver tightly gripped his weapon. He was able to hold Kirana's saber down with one hand, even though she held hers with both. His other free arm swiped its Doshan claws across her cheek. Three deep gashes stretched across the Jedi's face. Garet licked the blood off.

"Not bad Jedi, but what are you going to do now? Couldn't I have cut your throat right there? If you were a Sith or better yet a Serpent, you would be able to convert that pain into strength, and my claws never would have touched you. Why don't you give a try right now? I've drawn your blood, and insulted you. Surely you must be angry?"

Sparks flew into the air as Garet's saber pushed Kirana's further into the floor.

Garet_Jax2.jpg