The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Ish laughed,"well Darex I think you've already had plenty of adventure back on Coruscant yourself. Any master would be lucky to have you as a padawan." Ish grabbed over and patted Darex on the shoulder.

Suddenly Ish heard a familair voice and cocked his head around so quickly his neck almost cracked. There he saw Jaina Skywalker coming towards him. He was quite surprised that his premenisions were right that he would see Jaina again. "There is no need to appologize, but I'm glad to see you back so soon," exclaimed Ish.

"Two lightsabers eh?" Ish said as he looked down at the dual hilts. "All I have is one, and it isn't even mine. I should actually return it for that matter," Ish said in a more somber tone. "In any case, how've you been?"

Edited by Guest

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

"Have you seen all those computer ports around the ship?" Ish asked Jaina. She nodded and Ish continued, "Just go up to one and input your name, and profile should come up for you, or I imagine it will assign you a residence somewhere on the ship if you're not in the database yet." With a shrugg and a look of ambiguity on him Ish said, "Well....at least that's how I found my quarters."

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish was elated to see Skye back though he sensed a small amount of hesitation within her. "Well isn't that convenient going out, and finding your half brother. It's fun when that happens isn't it?" said Ish with a sarcastic voice. "Small world eh?" he chuckled.

Skye gave Ish a small belt in the shoulder that certainly wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last. Ish hunkered away snickering. "So how has your training been going?...I can sense that you are much stronger than you used to be." He smiled over at Skye and then took a sip of his fourth or fifth juri juice as he had lost count.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish gave a snicker at Darexs' inteviewing of Skye. She glanced back at him which was enough to make him quite before he received another shot to the shoulder. He and Darex seemed like partners in crime; annoying Skye like they were. It was truely good to see her back, if ever for such a short time. Ish was also relieved to see Jaina back as he had once again gained hope that she could possibly be the one to train him.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish felt bad that everyone was leaving. He got a sudden com from Jaina which invited him to go with her. Though he was sarcastic, he felt maybe he was not adept enough to handle whatever Jaina was off to do. He commed back encrypted:

I'm sorry, I don't feel it would be proper for me to come, I'd probably get in your way. I will see you when you get back. Have a safe journey. Best!

As he was sending his message Darex got up from the table and wished Ish a good day. Ish accepted Darex invitation to meet for breakfast the next day with a resounding nod. He himself thought maybe he should get some rest, as Darex had gone to do.

Wearily he made his was to his quarters and decided to grab a shower before he was wisked off to sleep. He needed to meditate and train as well, but that could wait until he woke up. The shower was welcome, but not more so than his bed, which he fell on like a weighted balloon. Soon enough he drifted off to sleep

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish woke up refreshed from his slumber. He decided to go resume some of his exercises that he had neglected since he first arrived on Manaan. I put on his sparing robes which fit rather snug and over them he put his green robes.

As he made his way to the gym, he passed the atrium, which he longed as well as his training to return to. He entered the training area, he found it relatively deserted. A fact which he reveled in. He shed his green robes, and sprung instantly from the floor towards the opposite wall taking huge strides. He let the force envelope him. He was like the wind on the plains of his home planet. Moving in what would have looked like a blur to someone standing still he rebounded off the wall, and attempted to jump up towards the ceiling. As he began to jump though, he lost control within his mind. He was about three meters off the ground as this happened, and he fell towards the floor his own displeasure.

Making his reaquaintance with the floor he chuckled and rubbed his head. He got back up from his sitting position to repeat the exercise. He had a long road to go, but he promised that he would work more often and hard from now on at the few simple exercises he had learned on Hoth.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish glanced over at Darex who magically seemed to appear, though he knew Darex had sped in via use of the force. "Sure I could use some company," Ish remarked. He went back to his practices motioning to Darex to follow, as he assumed Darex knew the routine. They both began sprinting using the force, and jumping, both blurring across the room. Ish could feel the force through Darex. This in turn gave him more and more confidence for some reason. Ish asked himself, could Jedi feed off eachother?

ish2hh6.jpg

The two Jedi began to harness their energies and become well versed in their tasks. Ish decided to stop and watch Darex momentarily to see if he could get Darex to chat with him for a second. Ish stood over at the side of the room watching Darex diligently attend to his force exercises.

As he waited he heard a voice come over on the intercom.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MASTER GO TO THE JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY/DOJO WHEN IT OPENS SOON.

Ish looked over at Darex still waiting to see if he had heard it. Darex and he both did not have masters, so Ish figured maybe they could accompany eachother to the Dojo.

More training Ish thought to himself with a smile. He was eager to learn more. Hopefully he would be able to learn more than what he had on Hoth.

ish2hh6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ish awoke in what he knew to be the rejuvination center aboard-- from the looked of the architecture--The Eternal Vigliance.

The low hum of the halogen lights roused him as they flicked on to brighten the room. Already knowing what he must do Ish climbed out of the tube. Bones and joints cracking as he'd never used them before.

A fresh pair of brown Jedi robes, and white tunic lay near the tube. A small blaster and utility belt also accompanied these. Doning his coverings Ish hastily went to the nearly deserted mess hall. Eating felt the same.

He picked through his food and examined his motor skills which seemed to be the same.

When finished he made his way to the hangar and boarded one of the many small Jedi starfighters. He looked over his control panel. His hands quickly danced over the council as he ignited the thrusters. Soon he was in the upper atmosphere of Manaan. He was in search of his master Mathis who surely would have been cloned by now.

ish2hh6.jpg

• 2 months later...

The craft set down in one of the hangar bays. Thankfully it was water proof, but for Ish's own conscience during the decent, he did not know that the Osroc could withstand the water pressure.

A few small leaks during the descent to the Eternal Vigilance could've meant another cloning experience for Ish.

As the craft docked, Ish could see that the Eternal Vigilance was practically a ghost ship. The jedi had left fearing that being centralized would lead to their demize. The force still pulsed through the innards of the ship though, almost as if it was alive.

Ish did not speak anymore to his padawan. The force would be their line of communication. Ish wished to see how Rob would react.

The padawans trials had begun.

Quickly walking to his old quarters with Rob in tow, Ish set down his sparse belongings as Rob did the same. Ish spoke through the force to his padawan.

Come with me, your trials have begun.

Indeed the padawan had remembered his training for he acknowledged Ish with a small nod and followed him out into one of the many main halls.The small jingle of the pairs lightsaber clips echoed through the generally empty halls as not another sound could be heard, of footsteps, sparring, or general conversation. Ish indeed was sad to see the beautiful vessel so alone.

The two walked through the atrium quickly with little time to admire its beauty. At the end was a large tank housing underwater plants. The two walked into a chamber just prior to the large sealed door that released into the massive tank.

As they stood momentarily a large pressurized door behind them locked shut with a hiss. Forward was the only way to go.

Ish stood calmly knowing what would happen, but his padawan Rob was left clueless.

The small chamber began to depressurise as air was instantly sucked out through small vents. Water rushed in where air had once been. In seconds the tank was filled with water, and the door ahead of the jedi pair opened revealing the large tank. Rob began to panic momentarily.

Ish however caught his padawans eye and through the force helped calm him.

Breath young one.

All around opee sea killers and colo claw fish began to radiate towards the two jedi, who not only would have to deal with them, but with keeping themselves sustained with out artificial underwater rebreathers. The force was all they could use now. Ish let himself float many meters to the bottom of the tank. Rob now was alone meters above as the large beasts swam closer and closer to his position, jaws snapping.

The jedi technique of force sustaining would be what Rob needed to use, only he had not been taught this technique, he would have to enlighten himself.

ish2hh6.jpg

The evassive style of combating the situation used by Rob was exactly what Ish was hoping for. The trials however were not over.

Using an ancient technique, Ish summoned the beasts back to the area where Rob was. Then entering his own padawans mind he made it so that the padawan would forget that he even had a master for the moment.

Rob truely would feel on his own now as the beasts came closing back in. Ish swam to a safe distance and hid from his padawan but kept ready to leap at any moment should the situation require his intervention.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish swam up and dispersed the beast by instilling the thought of great danger in their head. Rob looked pleased with himself as the injured monster swam for its own safety. Ish with a quick force message alerted the adepts at the facility that one of the Koto Claw Fish had sustained minor injuries, but would recover if it was attended to.

As Rob turned off his lightsaber, Ish unsealed the pressurized door to the chamber they'd come in through. The two jedi swam to the door. A quick air dry and the jedi's robes were good as new. The secondary door to the chamber opened and they once again walked out into the hallways of the eternal vigilance.

Ish lead Rob to the main hall which was vacant and walked to the front of the room where an alter of sorts stood. Twelve chairs for the Jedi council were empty, but an aura of granduer still could be felt in the presence of where many great masters had sat and congregated.

Kneel before me Rob. The padawan did as told and took stance just before Ish. The jedi took his wampa horn lighsaber off his belt and ignited it. The orange blade crept out with a low hum iluminating the soon to be jedi that it barred down on. "Lower your head my friend", Ish said.

Rob lowered his head and Ish began to speak.

"For generations the jedi have served and protected the galaxies inhabitants. This trend must continue. Always for justice and peace must you do tasks that other won't. Remember the Jedi code Rob, and you will forever serve the light side of the force."

With that Ish recited the code.

"There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force."

Ish lowered his blade near to Robs left shoulder then picked it up and lowered it to Robs right shoulder.

"Rise Jedi Knight. Come join the order and serve your fellow sentients."

Ish smiled at his fellow Jedi as he rose.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish bid his former padawan and fellow jedi farewell. Rob had work to do, but he was well on his way to becoming a good jedi. Rogue as his thought process seemed to go sometimes, his own lightsaber crystal would help to balance out the mans psychie. In time the force would hopefully manifest itself as well to fill him with the lightside energy.

Ish smiled as the ship shot out of the Eternal vigilance. Indeed he and Rob shared a force bond, and though Ish felt it would be a long time before he would lay eyes on his former padawan again, he would always be able to communicate to him through the force.

Quickly turning away from the window Ish sets to his arduous task ahead. Referencing and learning from the Holocrons aboard the Eternal Vigilance. The seven holocrons linked together were the soul of the vigilance. Located in the center of the gigantic vessel, the force eminated from the linked holocrons. Bursting with jedi knowledge and history the holocrons would truely make Ish read to train a new padawan when the time came.

A few tram rides later he was in the chamber alone with the holocrons. Instantly as he came near them, two of them lit up with small holograms floating above them. Two jedi masters who introduced themselve as Shi Ty and Gron Mu Tehm. Ish felt the force as the two holocron produced holograms instantly began probing the jedi's mind using the force radiating from the holocrons in front of him. Answers to force questions were instantly brought to the jedi's finger tips.

New techniques, and special abilities were there for discovery. The jedi masters in the holocrons were like the wind with how fast they talked. Ish had to use the force to heighten his concentration to keep up with the plethora of knowledge they were revealing. Shi Ty the female jedi stopped momentarily while Gron Mu Tehm a rodian would press on. Each voice sounded almost as if it were a whisper but droned on faster and faster. To the normal ear, each master sounded as if they were whispering but saying nothing. Words were hard to distinguish for Ish at times, but the knowledge was still pouring in.

As question after question of his was answered, the jedi became almost winded, feeling like his head would explode. None-the-less he pressed on with his learning, not leaving the chamber for days on end. The power of the force flowing through him was all that sustained him with no food or water.

----------------------------

One interesting point that Ish had longed to be enlightened on was how to better a light saber....if it were possible. Though no definitive answer came, information that Ish would take to heart would help him. As the jedi masters began to wind down....a force premenition told Ish he should stop his training with the holocrons for now. No more was there to teach for the time being. The jedi would go and contemplate what he'd learned.

-----------------------------

As Ish left the chamber, fresh air filled his lungs. It had been two weeks now since he'd entered, and he was hard pressed to find food water, and a nice bed. Making his way to the refreshers, a long hot shower felt like rapture. Moving straight on to the cafeteria he delved into his lunch with a vigor of a wampa on a tauntan. When it was finished he staggered to his quarters. Sprawling out on the bed with an enxhaustive sigh, Ish was asleep in minutes.

-----------------------------

Nearly a day passed before the jedi woke up. Refreshed and enlightened he instantly unclipped his lightsaber and headed to the nearest workbench with his tools in towe. The jedi carefully dismantled his lightsaber and began to examine it carefully. Was there a way to increase its power? Ish asked himself this question and more. For nearly three hours the jedi sat starring at the saber, randomly picking up parts and examining them closer. Like a bolt of force lightning, a thought hit him. Quickly getting up the jedi used all speed to return to his room and retrieve three spare reflector lenses.

----------------------------

As the hours passed, Ish set to work with determination. Carefully he installed a lense directly above the crystal and another above the datium energy converter. The final lense was set just inside the opening of the hilt where the beam came out. The ofset reflected energy from the three lenses would yield the energy from the center of the blade out towards the edges, giving the blade energy a much greater intensity. One would be able to go as far as to say that if a very weak made lightsaber were to come up against Ish's now, the blade may actually not be able to stop Ish's.

Using an energy conduit, Ish got a reading on his blades energy output. Indeed it was much higher than that of his old blade, and for the matter any other blade he'd seen or heard of. Ish smiled at the accomplishment, but regained his humble train of thought, for it was the holocrons aboard the Eternal Vigilance that had helped him make this discovery.

The jedi quickly gathered his belongings and made his way to the atrium....his favorite meditation spot as a hopeful. A quick meditation trance and he felt like he would be able to help all in the universe. The good will of the vessel had been instilled in the Jedi, and he was ready for a new padawan. Making his way to his GS7 Lamborari he clipped his lightsaber to his belt which he'd held almost the whole time since he'd improved it.

The coordinates set in the ship blast out of the hangar bay and set off for Borleais and the Jedi Dojo.

ish2hh6.jpg

• 4 months later...

Giving the proper access codes to dock, Ish landed the Osroc in a small hangar on the starboard side of the Eternal Vigilance.

"Come Jhosh, your training begins now." Ish's stern voice easily commanded the padawan to follow him. The jedi stepped out of the craft and made his way to the meditation chamber level.

When the pair arrived Ish gave the man his first set of instruction.

"The force is what we jedi call upon to aide us in tasks and the general pursuit of knowledge. You may have heard people speak of it before, but it is a completely different thing to use it, and an even harder thing to use it in a peaceful way."

Ish motioned for Jhosh to be seated and used a quick motion with his right hand to shut and lock the meditation chamber door with the force.

"I would ask you to feel the force, to let it enter your every being. You must make a conscious initial connection with it to ever have any hope of attaining the status of a force user. I do not expect you to acheive this on your first try young one, but I will accompany you on your journies into the force and help guide you into its being."

Ish sat beside Jhosh and fell into a deep meditative state. The jedi could feel everything in the room and sense Jhosh's emotions.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish could feel the power of the force begin to manifest itself in Jhosh. The connection was still young and brittle though and the steps had to be taken carefully.

"Good Jhosh, that was your first endeavor into the realm of the force. You must try again while you're still in the fresh mindstate. I will give you something to focus on this time. Do not be surprised at the images, for they are only thoughts.......Begin."

Ish reached into his own mind and pulled out a few small visuals from his battle with the Sith Lorde Xentar Kentam....where he'd met his fate. The simple plight of looking at a being so evil as a sith lord could scare anyone half to death, but one must become acquainted with their nemesis if one is to defend.

ish2hh6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ish moved with lightning speed from his meditative pose to catch his padawan Jhosh before he hit the ground. The jedi's hand craddled the back of the young man's head and slowly placed it on the ground.

Jhosh's breathing was slightly erradic as he opened his eyes and came back into consciousness. Ish could sense the dismay from his padawan with the force. It eminated like a bright light in a dark room.

As the young man raced to catch his breath, Ish spoke in a calm manner. "We all have demons Jhosh, and they must be dealt with. I may have come on a bit strong and I appologize for that, but I could feel your focus peak just before you lost your connection."

Ish helped the padawan back up to his formerly seated position after a time and began again. "Those visions I helped you to view were actual past experiences from my training as a padawan. I indeed met my fate at the hands of a Sith Lord."

The jedi gave a small laugh, "Thank the maker for the science of cloning."

Ish placed himself again in his meditative pose next to Jhosh who took up his own stance, mirroring that of Ish's. The master and padawan closed their eyes almost simultaneously.

"This time be ready for the unknown, they are only visions, but they will help you focus your connections on the force. This will not get any easier young one."

For a time Ish's visions varied from his own memories, to teachings of others.....Some sad, some fightening, some happy. They were all parts of the living force and each aided in Jhosh's connection to the force becoming stronger.

------------------------------------

Finally after days of constant concentrated meditation Ish was satisfied. During the final session, Ish broke the bond of meditation he and Jhosh had formed. It was as if one was yanked from a dream.

As the padawan looked to Ish with a semi-startled gaze, the jedi instructed. "You have done very well Jhosh, and I feel your connection with the force is fluent enough for us to continue our endeavors into your learning of the jedi arts.

Ish was already visualizing his plan to train Jhosh in the basic physical force techniques essential to every jedi, but the Dantooine native wished some input from Jhosh.....

"Do you feel you are ready to continue on your journey? These next tasks I have prepared are more than just mentally challenging.....They carry with them a physical burden not easily coped with by any normal beings in the galaxy."

The jedi sat quietly waiting for Jhosh's affirmation to continue the training.

ish2hh6.jpg

Ish eyed up Jhosh and searched his soul with the force. The young man's heart was ready and true.

As suddenly as Ish had made up his mind to move on further with his padawans training, something grabbed at him through the force.....It was distant and elusive yet the sheer sense of it envigorated the jedi.

It was time to go home.

"You've much to learn Jhosh and I shall be with you for every step of the way, but now we will continue your training in another location. Come we will leave immediately."

As the two walked down the hall towards their quarters to gather their few belongings, Ish took the time to learn his padawan a small but important lesson. Up until now, the two had walked in silent harmony......"Fortunes can change at any moment my padawan. A jedi must always be ready, and able to adapt."...........

"It is one of the qualities that has allowed the order to survive, if at times ever so slighlty.

The two were aboard the Osroc and off to their new destination where Jhosh's training would be completed.

ish2hh6.jpg

• 1 year later...

Ish's ship entered the under belly of the Eternal Vigilance, safely tucking away in one of the many docking bays.

Tech droids instantly rushed toward the ships from all sides of the hangar bay the instant Ish exited the Osroc. A series of high pitched beeps and tweeks from the numerous droids was enough to say the long road ahead to get the now overdue ship back in working order.

A small satchel slung over his shoulder, tattered robes swaying, Ish left the docking bay and immediately headed for the mess hall. Nearly empty aside from a few force adepts emersed in conversation the cafeteria was completely how Ish remembered it. A small smile crossed his face as he looked over the large white washed room.

Instantly his stomach growled and he threw himself into his food, gorging, and disreguarding all manors. After all he hadn't eaten in months of space travel.....kept alive only by his meditative state. No morsel was left to chance. After a few hours the jedi found himself nearly undable to move. A yawn roused him from his seat as a droid cleaned up his trays for the unteenth time.

While making his way to his old room, Ish was touched by the force. Instantly it gave him a vision. The jedi stopped dead in his tracks as images played out in his head.

A hopeful...

The training rooms...

Mistakes...

and finally Vindication...

Then as suddenly as they had come, the visions had stopped. Ish stayed motionless in the hall as he contemplated the images.....Passerbys wondered what the man was doing standing just off to the side of the hall, but the jedi paid then no mind for a time.

Finally after what must have been a few hours, Ish came to one conclusion, he must take on another hopeful. The Dantooinian quickly rushed to his room and shut the door behind him with the force as the lights dimmed. He threw his satchel over to the side of the room and assumed a meditative sitting stance and began to search for what he hoped would be his next apprentice......

ish2hh6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ish awoke from the meditated state that had kept him oblivious of the events that had transpired on the Eternal Vigilance. The force had other plans for him aside from battle....for the moment.

With his mission clear, a soul very near in proximity called out to Ish. It was to be his padawan. Swiftly in one fell movement, Ish stood up from his meditative stance, disrobed and entered the refresher. Within the hour the jedi was casually walking through the halls of the eternal vigilance, hands clasped behind his back, letting nothing escape his awareness.

Slowly Ish made his way towards the being that he sensed in his quarters, the being that the force told him would be his next padawan learner. As he neared one of the many cantinas dotted throughout the vessel, Ish could sense Jace inside.

Ish smiled at the thought that his padawan might actually be a drinker. As he crossed the threshold of the door way into the cantina he thought maybe I'll get him a pint of wookie ale to start off with. A smile crossed his face as he walked slowly towards the stranger who looked a bit lost.

ish2hh6.jpg