Nhagathul

Tarrian Skywalker

OOC((some background on Nhagathul:

Nhagathul has a very dark and long history. Beofre there was a city, the plains it was built on were battlefields, then execution centers, then body disposal points. The victors of the war used the bones of their fallen enemies as morbid decorations to satisfy their passion for cruelty. One day a Jedi arrived at Nhagathul, and hearing the pleas of the spirits of the dead, sought to release them. When the Jedi finally managed to do so, instead of the spirits returning to the Force, they set upon their age old enemies and tore them to shreds. In a final burst of spirit energy, the entire planet was destroyed. And yet Nhagathul lives on, a Dark Side entity that randomly entices and slaughters those who pass her gates. Eventually, the city was found buy the Dark Jedi Crimson Morpheus, who shared a similiar sense of vengeance with the city. Currently the city is being prepared for something grand, and the halls hold their breath in anticipation...))

In the darkness, that which should not have been forgotten stirs to wakefulness, and the streets are filled with creaks and groans.

Evil by the hand of Fate.

• 3 weeks later...

*Onyx and his partner suddenly find themselves lacking souls...*

OOC((I strongly suggest you let Nhagathul give you permission next time to enter, rather than assuming. Nhagathul is a high mortality area, even Dark Siders aren't truly safe there. The best way to enter Nhagathul is with caution and respect...))

• 8 months later...

OOC((Nhagathul is preventing all Force messaging and Force related attempts to escape or revive(This includes Break the Cycle) regardless of the power of the attempter. While in Nhagathul I ask that you split into groups and OOC announce them so that I can assign Nhagathul narrators to you. I can guarantee that your stay here will not be uneventful. Especially you Nurgle.))

*The dark spirits of Nhagathul are cruel in nature, and the possession of souls is not enough to satisfy their taste for suffering. Dark orbs drift over the streets, and sensing the turmoil of new souls, descend quickly. The spirits inhabit the broken bodies laying in the streets from past victims, and begin to pursue the new arrivals.

The spirits charge forth after the smaller group. The swarm of nearly 20 prowlers race down toward them. (KR, Montar and Garet Jax)

The outline of a dark barbed wire building omniously appears behind them in the distance....*

Edited by Guest

Cathedral Introduction(Nurgle group)

Silence. There is no sound more terrifying than the emptiness of the void. For whenever there is silence, the wise know that it is not because there is nothing to hear, it is because our tormentors wish not to be heard. However, silence brings complacency, and when it has been silent for too long, we forget the basic truths about both our suffering and our world. Therefore, the silence must be broken.

*While they are simple creatures at first look, prowlers do possess some complexities. Most notable of these is their apparent hive mind, a trait that means you'll never find a solitary prowler.

From the alleyways and crevices of the dark city come its dark spawn, the prowlers, to feed upon the sanity of the newcomers...

From one of the sewage grates comes a small light, which upon breaking through takes on the hazy appearance of a young girl.*

Dead girl: You aren't safe here, follow me...

*Left with no other choice, Nurgle and the others with him follow the girl through the winding streets of the city, till they reach a giant door eight meters in height. The girl gestures, and the doors open, allowing entrance to the building. When the group is inside, the doors slam shut, preventing anyone else from entering. The room they have entered is enormous, with large vaulted ceilings and several rows of benches. A large number of luminous spirits can be seen in the room.*

OOC((I apologise for posting actions, however I wanted to get everyone in the cathedral without incident. You can take as much or as little time in this room as you want, exploring, speaking with others, or just moving along. The choice is yours, but stay as a group and remember that every choice results in an eventual consequence.))

OOC: KR...you will find these creatures of Nhagathul to be a bit more intelligent the your post lead you to believe. Remember you have no form of defense or ability to manipulate any object as of yet.

IC:

*The Prowlers stopped suddenly...KR turned to see if the creatures were still following but as he did he the ground began quaking eradically, tossing him to the ground.

A set of double doors opened before Montar, the dark concrete walls making the entrance seem more inviting than the exterrior despite the omnious silence within. The opening revealed the inner hall of the prison ward beckoning to Montar.

The ground erupts around KR and Garet and both find themselves in a long straight away canyon pointing directly at Prison doors entrance. The prowlers had somehow dissapeared and reapeared behind them on the other side of the straight away....

OOC((I have a couple of things that I need to adress, problems that need to be straightened out and such. First of all, this is not a ploy to take over the galaxy or for me to gain power, in fact, it's quite the opposite, as I'm in the process of handing over power to other players. Second, if you have not posted yourself as being in a group, then I will not assign a narrator to you. If you have trouble finding a group, IM or PM me and I'll help you. Third, the more you wallow in self pity, the longer you will be here. My advice is to start learning about your surroundings and why you're here. Everything happens for a reason. And a final minor note, Raynuk and Tarrian are in entirely seperate buildings, so you can't exactly be talking to each other.))

Dead girl: My name is Elana, and I'm a collector of lost souls. While the city itself may be lost, we do what we can to protect those who stumble into it. Most of the cathedral is safe, as Nhagathul or any of the others have not yet managed to destroy its sancticity. If you wish to learn more about the city's various dangers, speak to Dastos, the spectre in the far left pew. He's the closest thing to a guardian we have, and he knows more about the spirits and demons that haunt this place than anyone else. If you wish to learn more about the cathedral, speak to Faxia, the spectre with only half a face, she was its high priestess before she died.

IC: Prison Group (Montar, KR, Jax)

The door slams shut behind the three Sith...If such a term could be used for the formless entities. The three begin hearing echos of iron bars slamming and the cries of the damned held an exictued in this facility.

A door to the right opens and it leads to a hall filled with cells.

They begin closing and opening by unseen hands. Clattering softly at first but soon the motion of the back and forth movement of the cage doors roared in what would hav ebeen the ears of the three.

Visions of the dead began to plague those locked within. Bodies of tortured spirits appeared to reinact that which had been the most violent of their incidents.

OOC((I would suggest joining Raynuk's group, since they only have three people right now, Impede. As far as I know, DJK and Keiran are with Airleas's group, which is a bit delayed because I had a narrator back out on me. However, I have a backup who I'll brief on Saturday.))

Vatos: The things that were after you before came here are called prowlers, spirits in the service of one of Nhagathul's mad creators. They bring him souls for his research and he offers them protection. Despite what Faxia will tell you, the only unifying factor here is mutual protection from the other side's ideals. In addition to Prowlers, the good doctor likes to send his latest experiments out as "research".

The other major threat in this city are the demons that the wardens use. Using occult means to control the demons, they try to rule the city and and destroy us unruly folk. My advice is that if you come across wardens, you run. Collared demons, demons that the wardens control, are natural ethereal predators, and can shred a spectre in seconds.

Even the unbound demons have been after their piece of the city lately, which is a first since the city fell into darkness. Reports say that they're starting to get as preachy as Faxia, talking about a rebirth or something.

You're here because someone chose for you to be here, maybe it was you, maybe it wasn't, regardless, now you are here.

Faxia: Ahhh, you must be new here. Welcome to the Cathedral of Onogal, the Protector and the Destroyer. It is he who watches over us and protects us from the enemies that would destroy or twist us to their will. He is the one who shall lead the Chosen to salvation away from Nhagathul. He shall walk among us once again and...

*Faxia is interrupted by a small rock flying through her head. While neither Ara nor Nurgle see who actually threw it, Vatos has an expression of equal parts smugness and contempt on his face. Faxia returns the look with a face that would kill young men.*

Faxia: You, child(Looks at Nurgle), you bear the mark of Onogal on your soul...

Vatos: ...

It's three dots you old hack.

Faxia:(Another glare) Onogal shows you favor, let me show you one of his blessings.(Faxia makes a very complex and dramatic series of hand motions, and what's left of her hands begin to glow a noxious green) The Prowlers cannot withstand the purity of Onogal's touch, so are retched from the corpses they possess.

Vatos: If they try to copy that, the doctor will be halfway through his experiment by the time they finish. Just focus hard enough and it will come.

++New ability obtained++

OOC((An opportunity for one of you to get out of nhagathul earlier than everyone else is present right. The person who everyone agrees upon will btaken out of Nhagathul, killed in a ritual, and respawned as per the three day rule. The choice is yours. And I appologize for the problems with the third narrator, good help is hard to find when the majority of the constant posters are in Nhagathul.))

((Nurgle group))

Vatos:(Noticing John's disappointed look) When someone manages to escape a demon with becoming a gibbering mess, I'm sure they'll tell you all about it.

The Doctor is not Nhagathul. Nhagathul is a place that has developed a form of sentient awareness. First it was fed souls by an old cult thatwas consumed when the city first truly awakened. At that point, something increased its power exponentially, and te city was able to simply eat souls at its choosing. I'm not certain, but I think it has something to do with a giant crystal that a man named Crimson Morpheus brought into the city shortly before the fall. It's my turn to go hunt for new arrivals, you may follow if you wish...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Airleas group))

*A swarm of prowlers suddenly overwhelms the group, and a sort of numbness overcomes them, as the world slips away...

Hours later, they awake with an extremely bright light in their eyes. Two sillouhetted figures stand in the light, and one appears to be carrying a clipboard. As the spectres try to move, they find themselves strapped down to tables. One of the sillouhettes begins to speak with a surprisingly pleasant female voice...

Nurse: We have a few questions that we need you to answer before the doctor will see you. Standard policy for all patients, dears.

What is your name?

What is your species of origin?

What is your age?

What is the air velocity of a coconut laden african swallow?

How did you arrive on Nhagathul?

A figure manifests itself from the visions. He is a Warden. He is one of the few living things in the city, seeking now to regain control of the city by any means neccessary. A manipulator of his surroundings he stands before the group, his figure seems to envelope the room. His presence smothering all till they fall to their knees, Master beside apprentice.

No destinguishing ranks continue past death.

"I am a Balor." The demon-like-figure states. "I offer you protection for the moment. You can accept my help or perish under the rule of the dark Lords."

In the background the death and carnage continues to play. The figure stands before the kneeling, awaiting a leader to step up among them and speak for the group.

Prison group: ((Montar.....))

"Need your help?" Balor looked at the one whom had been chosen as leader.

"I need not your help, I offer to let you assist me. There are few you will find willing to offer your souls protection." Balor let his presence diminish a bit till the others could rise.

"There is much you will see and much more you have to learn...all will become clear..." Balor trailed off and began walking through the hall of cells. Images still dancing in each cell repeating various horrors.

Hangings of various suicide attempts appear before KR as he looks into the cells. Bodies hanging from sheets tied in a noose, pillow cases torn mattressliners, even several hung by their own clothing.

The Blademaster and Montar find themselves staring into the cells and seeing stabbings. Men with "shanks" made from razor blades, sharpened toothbrushes, forks....

The others see images of people in the gas chambers, electicution chairs, leathal injection.

Still others seesuicide attempts and successes by outlets, drownings in toilets, sufficaton in pillows...

The images sober the mines of the group as they realize they are at the mercy of the one leading them.

((Airleas Group))

A ghostly chuckle is heard as a figure in a white scientists coat enters the room.

"Terribly sorry about the rude awakening my dear friends, but proceedure is proceedure. Nurse, be so good as to release our guests and tend to the experiements and instruct ."

Under the doctor's watchful eye the group is released. His face is benign, smiling, but behind his glasses a dark glint can be seen in the eyes of the spirit's manifestation. Is it something in his nature, or represnative of the accursed city and its inhabitents?

"So you are outsiders here. Amazing. I've seen and heard of some of your type before, but I've never had the pleasure to actually stud... er meet them. I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Sylen Valsfell, doctor Sylen Valsfell. You are in my hospital, unique among this City for its relative safety against the other forces that inhabit this forsaken place."

He clears his throats and continues. "It's rare we get such interesting spec... er guests as I've said. Anyhow I'm something of a scientist and have a proposition that might interest you perhaps. Have you met the prowlers by any chance? They're a little something I created here. Magnificent creatures, are they not? Still imperfect though. Now if I could find someway to recreate habital bodies for ourselves, then we would have something. Being mere specters, cast adrift is no way to spend the rest of eternity and though you have all the time for discovery, you never get to apply it."

The doctor's eyes take on a very speculative look as he appraises the beings in front of him. "As a show of my skills, power and all around genius, I've done you a small favor while you were out of it. It's a basic proceedure, though still a bit hard to do. You're now able to interact somewhat with the physical plain. Only your voices will manifest and nothing else, but that's the best I can offer you for now. Give it a try."

((Airleas' group))

"Jedi? Dark Jedi?" the doctor grows puzzled for a moment, "You've spoken those names before, but I'm not at all familiar with what they mean. Oh, so many questions, so little time for answers."

The doctor begins pacing about the room, a hand cupped over his chin. "Where to begin though... I'm sure you have your own questions, so I'll break the ice. You're probably familiar with how some cataclysm unleashed this darkside energy and flooded the planet with it, causing it to gain a will of its own and essentially soul strip us. This hospital is where I worked in life I guess, though it seems terribly long ago. I've been trying so very hard to get a body built. It's my one goal in lif.. er existence. Experiments come and go and more than a few end up insane, but sometimes we are monsters because of our environment, made to be this way through no will of our own." He almost sounds regretful, then blinks, an enthusiastic light entering his voice. "Crimson and Rose? Are you saying these are Dark Jedi and they've perfected some measure of inhabiting dead bodies? Spendid! I'd love to meet them." He regains his composure, "though it might not do too much good I suppose. You'll have to tell me more about them."

"Anyhow. I've been toying with spirits and bodies here, trying to find someway that we can interact with physical objects again. It'll help us against the Wardens who are flesh and blood and just maybe, give us a way to escape this wretched planet," a note of anger enters the doctor's voice as he speaks of the Wardens. The important thing to remember is that a voice is a beginning to the process."

He chuckles, "That reminds me. I first tested this process on a creature called a Gun-Gan I think. Yes, it was a Gun-Gan, a kind of a brown, aquatic creature that crashed here ages ago. He loved his voice, wouldn't stop talking either. Annoying creature. 'Messa have a voice! Messa muy stupid! Messa Jar Jar!' I ended up feeding him to my prowlers to shut him up." He laughs again, then sobers, looking at the crew before him. "Perhaps if we could work out an accomidation of sorts, I could try and help you gain more physical interaction so you can better defend yourselves. The Wardens are fearful beasts, but not the worst thing to inhabit this city."

"Because I will enlist your assistance. I dont "need" your help. I am making a deal with you...one you cant afford to turn down." The sickeningly dark voice continued. It sounded like blood being turned in a stomach after it has coagulated.

"I will assist you in your goal...you will assist me in mine."

Balor smiled to himself.

"You all have sufficient strength now to do many things....but before I reveal my intentions you must prove yourselves. There is a group of prowlers just outside MY prison. Kill them or run them off...."

A prison cage opened up and in a motion of his cloak all of the group found themselves enveloped and placed inside the cage. The group clacked agains the bars for several minutes as Balor stared at them happily or whatever the sick expression was in the eyes of the cloaked figure.

Suddenly a large gapping hole appears in the rear of them, where a Prison wall once stood. The walked softly and found themselves outside in the dust in front of what seemed, countless prowlers.

A small formless figure appeared on Impede's shoulder and talked into his ear.

"Leave them, They are no good for you. Notice how little they care about you. Run away, into the city. You will find a better chance of freeing your soul there..." The creature continued on.

Cathedral Group:

*Vatos gestures for the others to follow him, and walks through the cathedral door. Once the group is well out of range of the cathedral, he turns to those following him.*

Vatos: I did not ask earlier, as I did not want another rant on prophesy, but how is it that you came to be here? It is obvious by your manners and words that you follow different creeds. Wait, take cover(Vatos ducks into an abandoned hulk of a building).

Warden Patrol Leader: Informants suggest that there is preacher activity in this area. Use the Wraths and do a standard scourging procedure, torch anything that looks suspicious. Command thinks that the energy field in the sky is their doing.

Vatos: Stay down, be prepared to move on my signal, if the patrol sees us they will destroy us.

*The wardens wear black riot gear with glowing blue sensor "eyes". They carry swords that burn endlessly with green balefire, and transparent shields that have strange markings etched on them. But even more bizarre are the "Wraths", the bound demon servants of the Wardens. The creatures wear shimmering robes that constantly change color, and strange elaborate metal helms, but their actual bodies appear to be made of blue flame. One of the Wardens points to a building and the Wrath shoots out a giant tendril of blue flames, engulfing a nearby building. Several spectres run or jump out of the building, screaming as the flames burn their essence and they are slowly destroyed...*

OOC: for the record your not supposed to go through prowlers like that....3 of them are about as powerful as you are when working together...so 30 is a bit much. Just a bit. Keep that in mind.

IC:

((Prison group))

Balor appeared again and looked down at Montar. His eyes smiling as he watched 3 Murder demons jump onto the shoulders of montar stabbing his back repeatedly pressing his face into the ground. His body or what would have been his body racked with his screams.

The twisted knives matched their twisted faces. The blades rusted and filthy plunged in an out as they lept up and down on their shocked victim. The other's stood motionless in helpless fear.

The Warden lifted his hand.

"Now it is." He responded coldly to the live but unsconscious Montar.

The demons suddenly were flung back bodies hitting the grown. The shook in spasms of pain as they became "bound" by the will of the Warden. Collars more of mind than body bound them, like bindings of the physical beings it caused them to submit. Only these bindings made them slaves to the Warden.

"Very well, you have proven yourselves. Whoever is next in line will step up in control...you." He pointed to Garet. "Carry your leader." He pointed to Montar.

Balor dissapeared and a hooded figured appeared.

"Balor is a Warden as he said before. He has the power to bind these creatures to his will. His goal is to return this city to its former glory. That of the living rather than the dead. He wishes to free all those who live here, those souls which are trapped. Some say he is fanatical toward this city...Ill leave that observation up to you.

There are those who fight us. They are those who control another group who would rather use the souls for a different purpose. They destroy the city with disease and other forms of destruction. Keep an eye out for them...

For now that is all you need to know.

Go and find more of these demons beware the others. Use one of the binded ones as your weapons and guides." He said turning and dissapearing into the prison as they suddenly found themselves miles from it. Its sillohette distantly shimmering in a strange fog.

((I will be posting for the demons, you may fight with them...and make requests but they are bound under the Warden, not you.))

The figure on Impede continued:

"A demon?...strange you beings are. I have never been addressed as such before. Sound interesting.

Die? I doubt it. There are many things in this city that you will find usefull to you, if you move with ambition. Why risk your life with them that are too foolish to understand your possiblities."

Edited by Guest

((Airleas' group))

"To put it simply, I want the same thing you want- to get back my body and get off this planet. I've said that before." A pained look crosses the doctor's face as the humorous light dies down. "If I seem inhuman and monsterous for the ends I'd go to achieve that, then so bit it. This whole planet is monsterous and I hope you will not judge me too harshly because of that.. I give you my word that while you are my guests I'll try and help you as I can though."

The wry look returns to the doctor's face. "So I would guess then that being a Jedi means standing around at the edge of ruin arguing among yourselves?"

He gives a ghostly chuckle. "Excuse me for a moment, I have some business I need to see to in another ward. We do our best here to still try and function as something remotely resembling a hospital here." The doctor exits, nearly bumping into a nurse on the way out.

After the doctor leaves the nurse enters, shutting the door to the operating room behind her.

"I couldn't help listening," she states in a quiet voice. "So you would be Jedi then? I think I have seen others of your kind here before then. A while ago I was venturing in the streets when man in a dark hood came walking past. It was foolish but I followed him. He wasn't a warden, but still alive and flesh and blood. The City would not take him. The man left something under the city, almost amplifying its power. I barely made it back here though. Those vile people in the cathedral set their preacher's loose and I was chased back here. You can't go out yet though. Not now and not until you can gain more abilities to interact with your surroundings or you'll be made quick work of by the forces of darkness beyond these walls."

Cathedral group

*Vatos signals and the group moves to one of the buildings that had already been hit...

From above, several green globules drift almost lazily down onto the wardens and demons and then explode, filling the street with noxious green fumes. The fumes ravage all they touch, covering the wardens with vile rashes, buboes, pus filled boils, and scabs, until at last they explode spraying ichor everywhere. With their former masters slain, the Wrath demons leave toward some unknown destination.*

The doctor, having emerged back in to hear the last part of the debate, eaves dropped outside the door as his nurse had done, noting with a sudden satisfaction the willingness of one of them... Airleas to participate. He is taken aback by a new voice in there.

Nhagathul's power source... Is that why there are here? Perhaps then we all may get out of here... though I would like some new toys to... No... later... The doctor, always scheming sees what he recognizes as an opportunity and walks into the room.

"I myself am guilty of eves dropping and I couldn't help but here you on that. As I've said, there is a means of regaining your bodies or some element of physical control. I have a confession in that the treatment you received earlier will be an ongoing evolution with things set into motion. Perhaps with time, you may be able to..."

At that moment a Radek san Coruusca and Associates deep space mining ship, containing about two dozen crew men, receiving word of an astroid strike near the planet suddenly finds their navigation systems mysteriously cut. The mining vessel creens downward through the atmosphere and with the valliant efforts of the captain, emerges in one piece, though the hospital itself is damaged with a very large and now utterly useless ship protruding into it.

Shaken the doctor receives word from one of his nurses of the crash. Compounding it is news that the Watchers have observed this sudden twist of events and might be sending their Murder Demons to the hospital, sensing a weakness in their foe. The obvious point of weakness is where the ship crashed.

"Nurse! Unleash my prowlers! You! Jedi! We need to hurry!" The doctor calls, suddenly urgent, pushing open the double doors of the exam room to exit again. "The murder demons are basically knive welding manics, cold blooded killers. My prowlers can hold them off, but if they get to those crew members before we can..." The bleak tone in his voice leaves little room for imagination in his voice for what he consequences of failure would be.

Cathedral group

*Vatos signals the group to follow him and begins to take an underground sewer route.*

Vatos: Those globules are another one of Onogal's blessings, according to Faxia. The Preachers, Onogal extremists, use them to destroy Wardens and Prowlers along with any chances of forming an alliance with either of those factions. They primarily see Onogal in the role of the destroyer, and have even managed to rig some sort of spectral communicator together, allowing outside contact. They have established a cult outside of Nhagathul with it, but noone knows how big it is. Faxia claims that with enough destruction, Onogal could be ressurected and used to destroy Nhagathul, but given certain circumstances, I doubt they'll get the results they desire. Especially since it is by consuming Onogal's soul that Nhagathul gets it's power. However, I have found some allies who are willing to strike at Nhagathul's source, and they seem to have taken an interest in your situation, and you in particular Nurgle.

*Vatos gestures and a large brass door sways open, revealing a gibbering horde of all manner of demons, which promptly bow upon seeing Nurgle.*

Vatos: Or should I say Onogal reincarnate.

((Hospital Group))

The doctor quickly led the way through the hospital, leading to a powerless section, running as fast as his form could move. The sounds of the prowlers could be heard as they advanced ahead, running towards what appeared to be the sound of inhuman screams of terror from mortal souls.

As they rushed into a broken hallway with a large metal hull protruding through it a second doctor stumbled to the ground, looking ragged and torn. "The... Murder Demo..nss....sssss..." The spirit fades, dissapearing into the ether... gone forever. Valsfell, groans at the loss of one of his best researchers, taken aback by a charge of a half dozen murder demons with long slender knives.

We have knives for every soul.... comes the echoing cry as they charge. The prowlers launch head on to meet them, but two of them break past and close in on the group of Jedi. Already with in the ruined ship, screams can be heard.

On the ship, the situation is grim as the captain realizes what his situation is- stuck on the planet Nhagathul with a ruined ship and bizzare creatures with knives fighting to break in.

"Flik!" The captain calls to his second. "What's our status?"

"We have 24 surviving crew members, captain Tir," the first mate replies in a shaking voice. "There appear to be breaches in the hull where some creatures are getting in."

"Tell Viktor to round up as many of the crewmen as possible. Our first priority is communications equipment, survival gear, weapons, and whatever equipment we can salvage. Fend off those creatures and get them out of the ship!"

"Yes sir!"

The captain stares as the first mate dissapears from the bridge. "May the force be with us all here..." he mutters, saddling up a blaster rifle used for emergencies.

• 2 years later...

Three hours

It had been three hours, and yet Zad was nearly spent. Nhagathul was like a psychic leach, draining his energy and will as surely as the constant battles here drained his strength and resillience. There were horrors here that could not be described, abominations beyond comprehension. Shapeless horrors and sinewy demons with knives hunted the city's occupants, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, while the dead prolwed the streets hunting for the living. Even the air, filled with so much ash that it seemed like it was snowing, seemed to be choking the life out of him. Screams both human and not filled the city, a cacophony of torment.

Cut him down!

And then there was silence.

• 1 year later...

::Nhagathul eats Jeng Droga's soul, leaving behind a corpse where once there stood a man.

As Dagon and Dominique went further into the bowels of the city, they came across a chamber with a grand entrance of exquisitely arranged bone. Behind its heavy ornate doors is a woman cowled in black, with dark, haunting eyes.::

Welcome home.

Power, knowledge you will have to find on your own. Drink of this cup and you will become one with the shadows, moving through them as they move through us.

::Nhagathul offered them a black chalice.::

Nhagathul itself began to aid Revan's conquest in turning Avararda's soul over to the Darkside. The dark entity that swirled in an endless vortex around the planet seeped into Avararda's body like an insect. Slowly, the planet's aura surrounded the mortal being, inside and out. As soon as it entered, it rushed through his muscles and veins like an endless plague overthrowing the light within him. His body began it's final transformation, letting the light go, and the darkness in. The planet itself began to speak to him, within his mind.

Your soul still reject the darkness...stop fighting...release your inner self...relase the hatred that resides within you..

Nhagathul strengthened it's power within the Jedi, now raging the darkness through his body fast enough to kill him. Only moments later, Nhagathul stopped, and the Jedi's body collapsed onto the ground.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The yacht shuddered deeply as it was wrenched out of hyperspace, sending many of the living occupants of the ship tumbling into bulkheads and bodies. A cachophony of screams and sobbing came across all channels as others caught in the planetary charybdis desperately tried to reach out for help. The ship plummeted through atmosphere as if in a desperate dive to reach the planet, and the final landing, although it could equally be described as a crash, once again through the riders about.

The cargo bay doors yawned open revealing a dismal sight, a landscape of rust and black stone buildings, occaisionally capped with gray ash that seemed to fall like snow from the sky. Two lines of pole lamps lit a path towards the diabolical city, each one bearing a hapless figure bound to it with barbed wire that seemed to writhe and constrict of its own accord. In the outstretched palms of these victims burned oil fires, searing their flesh and casting flickering light upon their horrified faces.

As one, the corpses aboard the yacht jolted upright and pointed in unison to the exit. The journey was over, the nightmare had just begun.

Welcome back...