The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Hou-Jo's ship entered the atmosphere slowly as he brought his ship into the system. "Looks rather strange, if you ask me. Looks like a huge mass of water."

Hou-Jo looked at the Beacon again that was sent and goes to the Eternal Vigilance.

His ship lands and Hou-Jo leads Velhart into the base.

"Now Velhart, your training might be put on hold again until things are straightened out, understand? First, I want you to go find some quarters to put your belongings in and make yourself at home. Then you can look around and get familiar with the place."

Hou-Jo sensed only two others, Tares, and BLCKCLONE.

"Well, isn't this exciting." Hou-Jo said sarcastically.

Hou-Jo saw Kirlocca enter the Council Chamber and so he approached him. "Master Kirlocca... I would like to speak to you. Well, actually, I think that maybe you should address the Council on the matter of Hoth being attacked. I dearly hope that Raynuk lied to me, in any case."

Hou-Jo looked as many more Jedi were coming. "The Council is not closed off, it is for all to see, others to hear, I suppose. Why not, I guess."

He looked back at Kirlocca, "Care to talk about anything?"

You are becoming very aggressive. My absence or not we are still Jedi and we stand together. We will discuss your misdeeds in time, for now you will act as a Council member should!

IC: Hou-Jo got irritated with what BLCKCLONE said, but he decided to ignore him. He didn't know what he meant by him acting agressive, or his 'misdeeds', but he decided that he would talk to BLCKCLONE about it later.

Hou-Jo put his hood over his head and sat down. He didn't feel right. He looked up at Kirlocca to hear what he was going to tell the Council.

"An other issue; Ob is obviously an associate of the Hutts. This would be the second time the Hutt's have offered their alliance to us. The Hutt's have been our enemy for a long time. The last time they offered us help, at Hoth, they betrayed us. I feel that they are hoping to dupe you as they fooled the Jedi at Hoth to letting them land. Have you taken this into consideration?"

"Mimban? Sounds somewhat familiar. Wherever the Sith are, there choice for being there is because the planet must offer a natural defense. The Sith have the capacity to think like us. Dagobah, Hoth, even here, offers a natural resistence to attack. Mimban must also have this too. We cannot launch an attack until this natural defense has been discovered, the planet undoubtedly has one."

"I believe that we will have to discuss this matter for an extended period of time. This decision can't be rushed, it is very important, and is very life-threatening. Even investigating their whereabouts will require time. We know nothing about the planet, anything could happen while investigating it."

Hou-Jo rose to his feet, "If you will excuse me a moment."

Hou-Jo put down his hood and exited the Council Chamber for a moment, to converse with Ben'a.

"Hello Ben'a, what can I do for you?"

"You want an assignment? All right, I don't believe this will require needing have to speak with the rest of the Council, so let me think."

Hou-Jo rubbed his chin for a moment, "All right. I want you to find Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi and tell him that his presence is requested to be at the Jedi base. Do not leave until he has informed you of his intentions to leave or not. Also, don't tell him who sent you. If he refuses to leave, either inform me via hologram transmission, or come back to tell me in person. Do you know your mission?"

Hou-Jo tried to think. "I would suggest that you try going to the Last Call, Dhan-Jaroe has been known for his drinking. Good luck."

Hou-Jo went back into the Coucil Chamber and sat down. He waited for Tares or BLCKCLONE to say something to Kirlocca, or for Kirlocca to say something.

Hou-Jo could feel Dhan-Jaroe and Ben'a's presence.

"Before they come in, I would like to say this before Dhan-Jaroe does. I asked Ben'a to bring Master Kenobi here so that the Council might have a chance to speak with him. I hope to accomplish as much things as possible. Determine if any actions should be taken to Dhan-Jaroe training padawans telling them that the Order's ideals are wrong, see if we can do anything to change how Dhan-Jaroe feels about the order, and... to see why he appears to have something against me. That of course, is to my personal preference. I feel that all of these things might not be accomplished though, and I apologize now for not consulting with the rest either you Tares, or with you Gantoris."

Hou-Jo put his hood up again and waited for the two Jedi to enter.

"No, I didn't bring him here to judge him. I want to see if there is any way that we can prove to him that the Jedi aren't a lot of hypocrites, and that we can do things when they are needed. I don't want to see any Jedi left out of the Order, Tares. I mean, if he was trained more properly then I... I was in the IJA and the RJO as well... and if even I could become a prominent Jedi, then so can he."

"Well, I think that maybe we should wait a while before concerning this. The issue brought up by you, Kirlocca, is plenty to worry about. We will have to wait, most likely, about what to do exactly concerning the Sith. Kirlocca, is there anything else you would like to add, concerning the Sith's hidden base?"

((I guess I could leave the Council Chamber too, but Velhart went to Idaho with Rorrie and won't be back for a while.))

Hou-Jo looked around, "Hello?"

Hou-Jo stood up and decided that he might as well leave as well.

He began to walk around the EV, looking around for something productive to do. Hou-Jo ends up at the mess hall. He sits down near Kirlocca, whom was apologizing to his padawan.

"I would like a plate of spaghetti and a glass of blue milk, please."

Hou-Jo watched Kyp leave.

Hou-Jo sent a Force message to Kyp, "Kyp, I'm sorry if this seems of ill favor, but I do not believe that your plea is of enough importance to be a purpose to assembly a meeting with the Council. If you wish, you may speak your mind to me or any other Council person, I am certain that any one of us can handle your situation on his or her own."

OOC: Kyp, I'm not a Master yet.

Hou-Jo looked up at Kyp, "You are right in your asssumptions that the Jedi are dwindling in their forces. They are indeed. The Jedi has suffered two great losses, one at Dagobah, and recently at Hoth. I personally do not want this to happen again. An ambassador for the Jedi to the Rebellion? You could say that would be comparing the relationship of a cookie to a cake, as to my idea for you. The Sith and the Empire are more tightly together then the Jedi and Rebels, and I have since come to the conclusion that the Sith have someone organizing Imperial attacks, as the Emperor did at the Battle of Endor. To give the Rebels fleet the same chance for such cooridination, I ask you this question; do you know Battle Meditation?"

Hou-Jo heard a comm, "Excuse me Kyp, I will be right back."

Hou-Jo left Kyp's quarters and went to a place where he could return the comm. Hou-Jo sighed, "Orrick and Andon, you have permission to enter. Leonardo... you have permission to land on designated platform."

Hou-Jo puts in coordinates for Leonardo to land, "I, Hou-Jo Poleb, will be waiting for all three of you. Leonardo, I want to speak with you before you enter, nothing personal, just being cautious, is all. After all, I can tell that you expected something like this. Over and out."

Hou-Jo proceeded to go to where they would be landing...

Hou-Jo put his hood up over his head and walked out into the rain.

There Hou-Jo saw Leo.

"Leonardo Stovachi, are you not?"

Hou-Jo advanced, the rain tingled as it touched Hou-Jo's face. Hou-Jo continuted without giving him proper time to answer it, as it was rhetorical anyways.

"Former Sith, eh? If you are not a Sith, I would inquire to know as to what you are now."

There was a flash of light, followed by a thunderclap.

Hou-Jo lowered his hood, their was water dripping down his face, despite the cloth that covered his head from the rain. "Andon, last I checked, Hale is on Manaan," Hou-Jo replied with a sense of sarcasm. Hou-Jo slowed his pace and motioned his head forward for Andon to keep his pace. Hou-Jo, however, slowed Leo's pace as well. Once Andon was in front, Hou-Jo resumed his normal pace again. Due to this sudden change, twice by the way, of pace, Hou-Jo gained some distance from Leo. Hou-Jo reached into his robe and grabbed his lightsaber, unknowst to Leo.

"Forgive me for testing your reactions. Personal curiosity, and of course, just to double check, this not from doubt."

Hou-Jo pulled the lightsaber out and the yellow blade emerged from his hilt with a SNAP-HISS and the tip of the blade was a comfortable distance from any one part of Leo's body. Hou-Jo was still looking foward, his arm was behind him.

Hou-Jo waited to see how Leo would react...

Hou-Jo sent a Force message to Andon, blocking his thoughts from Leo, "This is merely an exercise. If he does nothing to attack me, he will be allowed to stay unless the Council would not have him. If he does attack, he will be brought before the Council immediately."

Hou-Jo turned his head back to wait for what Leo would do.

Hou-Jo grinned. His lightsaber's blade retracted into the hilt. "Good, you will be fine here. Before you leave though, I want to ask you some questions regarding the Sith. The matter was brought to the Council by Kirlocca, and since you are a former Sith it seems, I want to ask you one thing. What do you know about Mimban?"