Artus Prime

Tarrian Skywalker

Upon the death of Piccolo, Black Sun doctors began to reanimate the old version of the hunter's body. It had been the body that belonged to him prior to the events of the Black Dawn, the one that was replaced with the CORE's monstrous creation. Piccolo had been dead before, he knew the route to return to this world. The hunter awoke.

Emerging from hyperspace was the Imperial Lambada Class Shuttle carrying only two passengers, but just behind, appearing almost simultaneously was another Imperial transport carrying a whole battallion of stormtroopers.

Torin's eyes lit up as he looked down upon the world that at one time had belonged to the Empire, and which by all rights still did. He and his apprentice had arrived to reclaim what rightfully belonged to the Sith Empire. Both ships moved towards the planet's surface in preperations for the assault.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the surface a ramp lowerd from within the bowels of the Lambada shuttle. Two dark cloaked figures stood at the top of the ramp, both warriors, and both prepared for a destructive battle.

((I've looked for any defenses that would stop me from landing and can't find any. I know there are ground defenses, but all of the posts I found describe them as not being monumental or impenetrable. Pic, you can correct me if I'm wrong and couldn't have landed. I'll be more than happy to edit this so to play by the rules, but I still intend on having some fun here. ))

Torin.jpg

Just behind the two Imperial shuttles, two Black Sun corvettes burst out of hyperspace, alongside two smaller, personal ships. Aboard the Solar Light, Jacen Onnd sat quietly in the command chair, waiting for the commander of the vessle to take them into Artus. A young lieutenant came forward holding a printout. He handed the sheet to Jacen and began to speak.

"Sir, it appears that we have 'Imperial Entanglements'. Two Imperial shuttles have landed at the black sun base on the surface, without declaring any reason. According to the video records, they managed to get through our defenses ((Just because they aren't posted, doesn't mean they aren't there. C'mon, use a little common sense, would any criminal organization seriously not have any defenses? I'll let it go since it wouldn't really have affected you, but seriously)) and they have landed. According to reports, they appear to be sith and a batallion of stormtroopers. What are your orders?"

Jacen frowned at this comment. Why were the sith attacking the Black Sun Base? Had they not just let him through their invasion of Coruscant unscathed? They had talked about partnership and now they were at his front doorstep with lightsabers ready. What was he going to do?

"Full speed ahead. Get me to the surface as quickly as you can. Alert Piccolo on the surface about these Imperials. We should have ample troops in this large base to deal with a battalion of stormies, but we will need to deal with the Sith ourselves. Go."

The two ships moved forward quickly, breaking atmosphere in seconds. Minutes later, they touched down on Artus. On their way down they had seen the two shuttles landing, and Jacen hoped that he had time to make it to the med bay. During their descent Jacen had sent a comm to Ari, Delta, and Crosa explaining their delima.

As soon as the two ships landed in the hangar bay, Jacen rushed down the ramp and made his way to the med bay. Piccolo had just been awoken after being revived and Jacen was glad that he had chosen now to wake up.

"Piccolo my old friend, its good to see you well. As I'm sure you're aware, we happen to have a Sith Lord and his apprentice, as well as a batallion of troops, currently attacking our base. How do we want to handle this?"

((FYI- Torin, there are ysalmari in this base. I can show you the posts where I harvested them on Myrkr if you wish, but I did do it. I do believe its on page 4 in the Myrkr thread if you want to find it yourself...))

pJzctEZ.png

Delta's ship jolted out of hyperspace behind the Black Sun Corvettes, Crosa emerged right behind him. He recieved the comm from Jacen and turned his ship towards the surface. He quickly landed next to Jacen and rushed after him. Delta rushed to where Jacen was talking to Pic and Saluted,

"Sir Delta73 and Crosa Hoverich reporting for duty, what are your orders?"

Delta still had with him all his weapons from Corasant and was prepared for total war.

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

Piccolo was surprised. The Sith knew he had fought them on Gala. But the Black Sun had not participated. It seemed they were going after the Black Sun just to make sure. Or perhaps these were two rogues that had wondered into the spider's web.

"Kill the Imperials, but I want one of those Sith alive. The stronger one preferably, but either will do. You may do as you like with the other. I will be out there myself shortly."

Piccolo began to put on his spare Eclipse armor.

((They would and should have defenses, but the only ones that are described that I could find are not very detailed or IC formidable. The agreement with the Empire was that the defenses would not be too great, just enough to defend the people on the planet. But oh well, lets just have some fun ))

Torin looked out towards the Black Sun base and its imposing armaments. Stormtroopers filed out of thier transport and presented themselves before the Lord. All was ready.

"Attack the base and all who oppose our rule here. Artus once fell under the domain of the Empire and shall once more." Torin knew they were about to face stiff opposition, but Imperial stormtroopers were highly trained soldiers who were not to be taken lightly. The Black Sun forces would submit to the will of the Empire the same as the rest of the galaxy.

He marched off of the ship, his black cloak drifting behind him. He motioned for Atia to follow. "It is important that we stay together here. We will face numerous opponets and I feel our chances are greater if we take them on together." He pulled his lightsaber from his belt and ignited the crimson blade.

Ahead of his group of stormtroopers, Torin marched towards the unknown resolution of a destructive conflict.

Torin.jpg

"Yes sir, will do sir!"

Delta saluted again and ran to where the battle had begun. He aimed down his DC-17 at approaching Stromtroopers and fired three shots. The first blew through the helmet of the stormtrooper officer leading the men and the next shots blew out his chest, splattering the Stormies behind him with thier own officers blood. They quickly realized where he was, and opened up on him, Bolts slammed into the walls on all sides of Delta. He rolled to his left as his Clone Recon Commando training kicked in, not versus battle droids but of flesh and blood of the Imperial's finest.

To think....I was once one of them....

Delta came out of his roll and popped off a few more shots at the troopers, who were quickly finding cover. His bolts blew through the armor of a Private and smashed him against a nearby wall, steaking it with blood and peices of white armor.

But the Imperial forces still pressed on as Delta continued firing. Delta turned and ran down the corridor to where Black Sun Agents had just finished erecting a small barricade. He jumped over it as Imperial troops turned the corner blasting away. The lot of Black Sun agents opened fire dropping five imperials and the rest quickly dove for cover.

Delta grinned, but the Imps still came fireing away....An agent on his right side was hit in the head and killed his blood staining the rocks at Delta's feet. Delta shook his head and reloaded.

This is going to be one bloody day....

Ca'Aran

Crosa saluted towards piccolo and put his helmet on to match his neo-crusader armor. It was time for battle, and Crosa knew it. He ignited his jet pack and started firing towards the stormtroopers with his DXR6 heavy carbine rifle. While shooting, Crosa saw someone holding a crimson lightsaber walking with a group of imperial troopers.

Ah.. A Sith..

Crosa had heard of the sith and had even seen people posing as sith in holo-dramas, but had nevered witnessed one is real life.

Intresting...

After shooting at a few more Stormtroopers, Crosa deactivated his jet pack and landed on his feet with a thud. Crosa quickly looked around to see who was winning the fight. It seemed the Imerials were pressing in. Crosa then threw a thermal detonater, killing two stormtroopers. Slowly, Crosa started walking backwards to get into one of the baracades Black Sun had so conviently set up.

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

Piccolo moved outside, followed by a herd of Destroyer Droids and Black Sun Agents. He ordered the droids forward, keeping himself and the humanoid agents behind. The shielded Destroyers stopped their rolling advance, and began to fire into the Imperial forces. Piccolo opened his private channel with Crosa, Arissa and Delta.

"Delta, you are with Silas. You take out one of those Sith in a duel, the apprentice, Silas will get the master. Crosa, and Arissa you are on me. Get to my position and help command our forces Get the agents organized behind these droids. We have Sonic Cannons in stock from the last time we attacked Haruun Kal. Have the agents set them up, and place them above the line of Destroyers. Then you can do as you like against the Storm Troopers. Just don't get in the path of those cannons."

Jacen nodded at Piccolo, then motioned to Delta to follow him. He took off at a jog towards the command center. He began conversing with the general in charge while checking all his weapons, which he had ammased quite a bit of over the years.

A few minutes later Jacen had discovered the location of the two Sith and had the general sending him reports every time the two sith changed buildings. Jacen smiled. Since the ysalmari were inhabiting the Artus base the two Sith should be easy targets without their use of the Force. A flicker of motion caught Jacen's eye as he rounded a corner. He spotted the two sith decapitating one of the Black Sun workers.

"If you want a fight, why not pick on someone your own size," Jacen taunted.

((Okay, we're going to have two 1 vs. 1 modded duels. Me vs. Torin, Delta vs. Torin's apprentice(sorry I don't know your name). As I understand it there was a problem during the battle of Gala, so here is a link to where I harvested the ysalmari: Myrkr Harvesting. 3 posts each. You can have first post. Go!))

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Delta heard Piccolo's message in his hlmet comm and responded,

"Yes sir, will do sir, for Black Sun!"

Delta jumped over the barricades and followed Jacen, past the dead stormtroopers, and soon saw the Sith apprentice holding a crimson lightsaber and in the motions of decapitating a female Black Sun agent.

Delta pulled his blaster and fired a few shots at the Stormtroopers surrounding the Sith. A blaster bolt caught a Ensign under the chin and blew him down on the Siths blade, killing him and splattering the apprentice with the blood of the Stormtrooper. He smiled yelled at the apprentice,

"Come on Sithy, lets see if you can stand against bthe might of Black Sun!"

((Allright now this will be a duel, a good duel! You have the first post.))

Ca'Aran

Crosa recieved Piccolo's command. He nodded towards Delta to wish him a silent good luck. Delta was gonna need it. He shot another imperial before repeating Piccolo's orders to the men in the barricade. As the men started sprinting to safety behind the droids, Crosa covered them with blaster fire.

When the last man had made it to his destination, Crosa flew towards Piccolo in his jet pack.

"The Agents are starting to set up the Sonic Cannons, sir. Now, if you will excuse me, I would like to kill some enemy troopers."

With that, Crosa ran off into battle firing rapid fire.

((Pretty short post. I hope I didn't miss anything..))

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

Torin dropped the lifeless body he was holding in his hands. Up to this point he had not noticed the lack of Force presence surronding the base, but when he failed to touch the Black Sun agent (Silas) with his darkness the oddity certianly took Torin by surprise. Never before had he failed in feeling the Force, and as he walked towards Silas the feeling became greater, more prevelant, and more than simply not being able to feel Silas.

With a sinister smile on his face and his cloak flowing down beyond his shoulders Torin marched directly towards Silas. Then he felt the draining properties of the ysalamari full force. It was as if all life had fled his body. A cold chill rushed up his spine as if some unknown source were sapping his power directly from his body. He looked at the agent who was still smiling. Interesting trick, thought Torin. He did not completely understand why or how Black Sun had managed to block the Force from this area, but at least he knew what was happening.

"It does not matter. Even without the Force I will be powerful enough to sever your head from its worthless body." It was the typical motto of a Sith which Torin now represented. Regardless of the desperate situation his confidence would still riegn supreme. Perhaps it was a weakness, but at a time like this confidence in one's abilities could be a useful and powerful tool. The Sith Lord did not remove his cloak, nor did he fold back his hood. He simply took his stance and readied for the duel.

Even without the Force I still possess my anger, my hatred, my driving motivation which will fuel my supremity over this being. His speed and strength would be massively reduced, but all it did was level the playing field. They would battle on equal terms, something Torin did not have a problem with. His nature as a warrior would not have allowed him to back down from a fight.

"To the death." He swung his blade towards the human in a brutal destructive slash which aimed at immediately removing the man's left arm from his torso. Torin would not waste time, would not hesitate, without the Force he could not risk such things. Without the Force he was either everything or nothing, and this was his chance to prove that he was everything. This moment, this battle, would be his opprotunity to test his true skills as a warrior; to see if he could adapt, to see if he could overcome extreme odds, and to see if he was the expert fighter he claimed to be or if his talents were simply a result of his priviliged heritage.

((1...So be it))

Torin.jpg

Multiple The Lambda-class shuttles quickly exited hyperspace each one sporting deflector shielding and concussion missiles.

With the orbit defense ferrying people and supplies down to waiting criminal hands, it was easy enough to land all of the shuttles where Deton indicated. With crisp military precision, the Imperial stormtroopers filed out, and snapped into battle positions.

As Deton marched out he took stock of the situation, and then barked out pre arranged orders to his company.

Men moved to and fro forming up small squads on the sides and a main marching line to begin with, before sudden and furiously not only charging but coming up behind the line of sonic cannons and destroyers.

There is no way, that a bunch of rag tag criminals will be able to match the imperial might and imperial training.

Deton himself took a small squad of ten minute deeper into the building as the base was encircled and positions taken to offer optimal firing ranges with least chance of injury. The overwhelming idea that the mission must be completed no matter what, and that they could not be defeated by a bunch of random criminals rang through every stormtrooper's head as they picked off and then overwhelmed Black Sun forces.

Entering the base as an advance squad, Deton quickly began to lay charges.

In his battle plan for the capture of this base, he had though of certain sections that needed to be demolished for effective results.

Suddenly a group of thirty or so stromtroopers entered the area of the building were deton was at and secured the perimeter allowing him and his team to work.

”œCONTACT!”

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

Jacen smiled as his opponent approached him in a taunting manner. He had fought a couple Sith in his day, and this one was just another cocky force user. He was like all the others. He thought that just because he used the Force he was God. Jacen would show him the errors of his ways. Without the use of the Force, his adversary would go down easy.

"It does not matter. Even without the Force I will be powerful enough to sever your head from its worthless body," the Sith said tauntingly.

”œYour cockiness is your weakness. As for my body being worthless, I find it pretty expensive. Have you ever tried to by a corpse on the holonet? It's rather expensive,”

silassig-1.jpg

The shuttles after dispersing with the troops, quickly lifted off, to perform the secondary role their captain had provided for them. Targeting the hanger as the first target, they let loose a volley of concussion missiles before retreating off away from the battle. Instead of sticking around and wasting fuel and energy trying to provide a constant support, they had moved to a secondary role of being the preverbal air strike for the troops.

The concussions rocked through the base, sending their deadly and explosive energy through building material, still grounded ships and personnel. The two Black Sun corvettes that had landed and disgorged its passengers exploded peremently grounding those ships among others such as the small personnel ship of the more prominent agents (delta). It was a crippling maneuver designed to keep most pursuers off their tail. With the hanger destroyed in a volley of concussion missiles, which had totaled at least twenty impacts. The shuttles turned tail to run and wait to be called on, or at the very least pick up troops.

For the first battalion of troops that had landed upon world. Their military training and their desire to put the mission above all else, rolled through opposition. Small barricades designed to hold up stormtroopers, were quickly and effectively torn down through out the majority of the first half of the base, through a combination of small arms fire, and thermal detonators obliterating the holed up troops inside. Some managed to simply lose limbs as other lost lives.

The smell of burnt, scorched flesh and metal rose from those trampled upon by the stormtroopers. Yet they remained oblivious to it in their one minded focus to wipe the criminal scum from the face of the galaxy.

With the front half of the base majority occupied with the first landed battalion of stormtroopers, who were quickly showing the strength of imperial might.

The company that Captain Deton had brought along with him had quickly attacked and over run the agents attempting to set up the sonic cannons. Through blaster fire, thermal detonators, and good ole fashion suppression tactics, they tore through the defenders of the sonic cannon, keeping those blasted things from tearing through the ranks of the first battalion.

By forming up behind the sonic cannons, they had the added benefit of catching the rather dangerous and overly destructive destroyer droids. A lone man on a jet pack was spotted and shot at, fire raining all around him, until he was hit twice, once in the shoulder and once in the jetpack(Crosa). The already flying man quickly understood why people did not fly around in jetpacks during huge battles, as his equipment exploded behind him, sending him explosively crashing to the ground below. (not saying your dead though) A single sergeant got on the horn and a moment later missile strikes rained down upon destroyer droids and sonic cannons alike. Making metal twist and scream as the explosions rocketed through the black sun base.

This was truly all out war.

Inside of the back half of the base, away from the Hanger, multiple storm trooper squads had penetrated the base. With the first battalion making a frontal assault, forming up behind the enemy with small squads, gave not only the ability for sudden surprise attacks on other small barricades. But also allowed for the quick movement and retreat of any squad operating.

Each squad consisted of ten fighting men, two men equipped with det packs, and four men bringing up the read, also carrying extra det packs. With ten squads roaming through the back of the base. That meant a hundred men were engaging barricades, and setting up ambush points through a combination of det packs, ranges of fire, and baiting tactics, designed to lead enraged criminals in to open fields of fire.

The team of thirty that had entered the area where Deton was, quickly split of into teams of ten, and began to follow their mission parameters. Meanwhile, deton and his squad laid a mean amount of suppression fire as they retreated backwards into a hall way.

Today will be hell

Pressing a detonator an explosion rocked through the area as one of the det backs he had laid down exploded, taking with it a number of the criminals and what ever else they were using to chase him and his team down.

Can't believe they actually followed us into an obvious trap.

As the six men used primarily for fighting made contact with another group, the sergent next him set a charge on the wall beside him.

Deton knew what he was doing, he was reducing the number of ways the enemy could actually attack, while herding them into the fire of the first battalion that was in the front of the building. Or simply put all of the squads were herding the defenders in the back of the building towards the front of the building where they would be met with a heck of a lot more guns.

Turning into a side hallway to keep from engaging the latest batch of criminals. He also knew all of the squads were fighting to reach the same area. He also knew that if he had done his planning correctly on the space ride here, with what Intel he did have, that at least five teams should reach the room around the same time he did. That was figuring in the numerous amounts of firefights that would no doubt happen. Pressing forward he continued towards the one over whelming thing in every stormtroopers mind, besides dying. That was completing the mission.

detonsigoq4.png

White clad stormtroopers exchanged blaster fire with the motley crew of Black Sun operatives and droids. Red and green flashes of light blazed through the air until they struck their targets releasing clouds of gas and flame. Caught in the midst of the chaos were the bolts fired by Silas. They streaked through the air towards Torin, but without the Force he could not feel, it was as if he were blind. He managed to block a few of the shots, but two made contact with his shoulders. The pain was extensive. The bolts burned through his robes to the flesh cooking his red skin.

However, pain was his ally. He had suffered at the molten flamed hands of Oblivion so intensely that the heat created by the blaster wounds, while injuring his physical body, managed to inspire his spiritual senses. His masochistic ideals fueled his rage and aggression making him seemingly unstoppable in battle. It was an art he had practiced from the first moments of his Lordship, but never without the Force present to convert the pain into energy. Throbbing sensations moved throughout his body as small trickles of blood soaked into his garments, yet he charged onward.

The grey duracrete walls of the base surrounded their current position, but there was ample room for the two fighters to move, as witnessed by the operative's agile maneuvers. Had Torin wielded the Force perhaps he could have evaded the agent's final attack by directing the detonator back towards the direction from which it had been propelled, but without the Force there was only one option, run. Over all of the explosions and blaster fire, the Sith Lord managed to hear the faint beeping sound emitted by the explosive. Three or four seconds passed from the time that Silas first activated the bomb. The orb floated in slow motion through the air towards Torin. Another second passed before Torin managed to put his movements into motion. Six steps later he leaped into the air, diving away from the ensuing destructive force, but just as he left the ground a chaotic blaster bolt made contact with the device creating simultaneous explosions. The thermal detonator had erupted a mere second before intended.

All presence within the twenty-five meter blast radius was instantly fried and disintegrated. Torin's leap into the air saved him from that same fate however. The blast rocketed him forward, pushing him away from the most destructive part of the blast. He struck the ground, rolled and eventually came to a stop on one knee suffering minor cuts and bruises, a remarkable feat considering the circumstances, however it was his cloak that took most of the damage. Parts of it were on fire, singed by the explosion. He removed it and ceremoniously laid it aside, then once again pulled his lightsaber to his hand.

As a true warrior, Torin marched back into the dark abyss of dust clouds and smoke that had been created by the destructive nature of the thermal detonator. The explosion created a small crater destroying all living life within the vicinity of the blast, a fact noticed by Lord Thard, for once he reached the center of the crater he could feel the presence of his mystical enchantress, the Force.

"Fool. You ruined your own trap." He ignited his blade once more. With the Force to aid him now, the pain which surged through his body from his shoulder wounds was like gasoline thrown on a burning fire of anger and hatred. Through the cloud now lingering in the air Torin knew his opponent could only see the faint glow of the crimson blade that symbolized his pathetic demise. Fear was once again Torin's ally, if only he could manage to keep the battle confined to the crater.

He reached out with the Force but could not feel his opponent. The rascal was hiding outside of the realm of the Force, under his protective bubble. Torin had a plan however. He searched the crater with his feelings, finding rubble, pieces of droids, and blasters. With these crude instruments he would destroy his foe. The objects drifted into the air, encircling Torin. Slowly and steadily they began to spin. He had performed this feat on a smaller scale during his training with Sirvani, but this time it would result in a destructive action. He pulled the active blasters to his sides and pointed them in all directions. There were five in total that were still useful. He focused harder on his aggression. It angered him that he was caged within the Force bubble, it angered him that his opponent was a coward, and as his anger escalated the objects moved faster. Chunks of duracrete spun rapidly around Torin's body encasing him in a sphere. The dust began to clear due to the breeze created by the moving objects, and soon Torin would be able to see his opponent.

One by one Torin allowed the hunks of metal and rock to soar outwards uncontrolled by his will. He heard them break apart on the surrounding walls that were still standing after the blast, or smash into unsuspecting stormtroopers or black sun agents, Torin cared not which it was. All of his focus was now on the runt that had damaged his precious body. Then in an explosion of his own will twenty pieces of the duracrete rocketed outward in the direction which Torin guessed his opponent lay hidden. Simultaneously, the blasters at his sides erupted in random blaster fire. It would be difficult for the operative to find any way of hiding from such a barrage of attacks. He would either be smashed by the large boulders hurdling through the air, or his flesh would burn at the expense of the blaster fire.

As the explosion of anger took place, Torin held his position at the center of the crater. He was quickly learning every inch of area that he could now feel with the Force. Outside he had no clue what was taking place, but as soon as a blaster bolt, grenade, or any other such destructive device entered his realm of sight he would know of its existence and extinguish its capabilities.

((I am going based on the idea that a ysalamri bubble only extends about 1.5 meters. If you destroyed everthing within a 25 meter blast, then you would have also destroyed the ysalamri, thus creating a small bubble of the Force...2))

Torin.jpg

((Deton, I wasn't on my jet pack... I'll let it slide))

Crosa fell to the ground after being shot at by dozens of blaster bullets. His jet pack had exploded, and he had been hit in the left shoulder. Luckily, even though he was still in pain, most of the bullets had been absorbed by his armor. He had not been so lucky with his exploded jet pack, though. His armor on his back had been fried, leaving his back exposed and burnt.

Time to carry out Silas's order...

With that decided, Crosa threw a last thermal detonator then sprinted towards his ship. He climbed in, took off, and blasted into hyperspace. He felt bad leaving the battle like this, but he had his orders.

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

A huge explosion was heard in the distance by Deton and he suddenly lost contact with two of the squads.

Damn

His squad suddenly came to a halt as he rounded the corner and his prize was in sight. Artus was important for more than one reason. The first was of course, the obvious. Cortosis was a very valuable resource. In this galaxy full of wanna be Jedi, Jedi, and grey jedi. Having an edge of the god like beings was always a good thing. With cortosis, one could protect against those dread lightsaber blades that seemed to be more or less an all purpose weapon. He had heard tales of Jedi wiping out whole platoons with nothing but the force and their lightsabers. Naturally to lose such a resource would be detrimental to the Imperial war effort as a whole.

On the other hand this place was important to show, that no one could stand against the might of the Empire. That no random group of criminals had a chance when facing the full might of the Empire.

Deton barked out orders and simultaneously explosions rocked through the building demolishing all of the areas he had passed through to get here. With a single press of a button, he trapped and killed defenders of the place while cutting off key access points to certain areas of the building. Those areas would be filled with stormtroopers coming away from the sonic cannons, so that proper fall back points could be create in the need of a retreat. He was in a way creating easier lines of fire for re-enforcements should things go sour. He incidently had also had it arranged so that the hallways leading to the medical center woul be cut off, so that way black sun couldn't take their injuried to medical help. That way afterthe battle a couple of det packs and the area would be clear and allow for only stormtrooper wounded to get help.

Upon the explosions of the det pack he and the sergeant laid down, he saw two more teams form up at the opposite end of the prize. More explosions rang through the back half of the building as they set of their charges as well. As two more teams formed up on him, he reformed his squad before giving the order to engage the hostiles.

From one side and then from his side, the five teams of stormtroopers form two squads that allowed for one squad to place an over whelming amount of suppression fire on the Command center and another squad to suddenly and blindly charge in.

As the first squad breached the center. His Squad quickly formed up behind him. There weren't a particularly large amount of defenders once inside of the room. Then again Deton wasn't complaining about it. Giving the hand sign for hand to hand combat over blaster exchanges. Stormtroopers fell back on direct shots and martial arts skills to quickly and effectively clear the room. Suddenly all that remained was a lone general with nearly fifty guns pointed at him. He couldn't so much as blow himself up with out being shot up like Swiss cheese.

Making a motion for stun, Deton watched five arcs of the blue energy reach out and rank across the general's body. Watching the man drop, Deton smiled. To think these criminals had the audacity to try and put military rank in their organization was too funny for words.

With the room pretty much secure, he took control of the various information screens and began to confuse the black sun troops, make the destroyers tear themselves up, while at the same time better coordinate the stormtrooper's rather effective assault.

((Think of it like electronic battle mediation heh.))

detonsigoq4.png

Talizabeth ran through the halls of the Citadel her red hair streaming behind her, chased by a squad of stormtroopers who had came into the prison bay. She had left the Kal-Koran to their care”¦

Heh”¦I hope they kill him”¦.

A stormtrooper rounded a corner in front of her and she whipped up her blaster and popped off a shot. The blast caught the man under the chin and he was dead before he hit the ground at her feet. She quickly took his thermal detonator and primed it as she continued running towards the control center.

As she rounded the corner she saw she was already too late, they had captured the control center and she could see one of them on the computer screens confusing her fellow agents and helping his own men. She whipped up her blaster again and fired three shots blowing out the main controlling terminal at Denton's hands. The Stormtroopers were amazingly quick to react.

”œThere she is, get her!”

E9z5qgW.png

(Deton, you've got to give people time to post in between your attacks. I'm controlling the troop movements, Silas is in a duel. We'll just play from here though, I don't want to backtrack)

Piccolo ordered the remainder of the Destroyer droids to engage the Imperial Storm Troopers. He was interested to see how they would fair. These weren't common criminals. They were cold, soulless killing machines.

Just like me

Piccolo ordered the droids to switch to his voice command when they began to go haywire. These Imperials underestimated him. Piccolo moved toward the room where the Imperials were hiding. He entered the building alone, blasters drawn.

(Three posts then a mod rule Deton. You can go first.)

((Ya know I am not post the actual movements of your troops, so don't do mine maybe? Also that thermal detonator you so effortless lifted from a stormtrooper, shouldn't have worked for you. Those detonators are the closest thing to indviduality that we have. They are painted in white so they are harder to fine, as they seem part of the suit, plus each one has its own individual code unique to the stormtrooper who owns it. So even if you know how to input the code, you would also need to know the code itself.

Stormtroopers also carry a cylindrical Thermal Detonator on the back of their belts for emergency use. The buttons are unmarked to make it more difficult for non-Stormtroopers to operate them.
))

The first battalion to have made land fall, had for the most part secured the front of the base, and had pressed onward toward the back of the base, effectively catching the defenders between a rock and their blaster rifles.

Of the four stormtroopers that had stayed behind upon entering the prison bay, they quickly set to work freeing the prisoners. Mainly because they found it funny y that criminals would imprison other criminals, as well as to get extra aid in the fight against Black Sun. Then they quickly followed suit of their comrades.

Six men were wiped out as the first man took a blaster to the chin, and before his comrades could even catch up, had his thermal lifted and set. The men unsuspectingly ran into the grenade flinging themselves and their body parts.

The four men who had stayed behind to free the prisoners were dismayed to find their comrades dead, and only by pressing forward did they not only catch up with the culprit but quickly took aim and fired.

Crouched around the corner firing, she didn't even get the chance to scream some vile statement, as the four men opened fire upon her. Their shots were on the mark for the most part and perhaps only because she was crouching that she wasn't hit in say the heart or the head, yet her entire side had been chewed up by blaster bolts. In a quick motion of the men simply tackled her to the ground. While two more set their blasters to pump stun bolts into her.(Fight your way out of that)

Meanwhile in the command center, deton flexed his hand. That blaster bolt had come dangerously close to taking his whole hand off. As it was, it had caused damage to the screens he had been using.

The situation escaladed and for some reason (Don't ever move me again) he felt compelled to move to the door way, despite the large number of full capable and well trained imperial troops. Some brief words were said and Deton intended to shoot the woman dead in the throat before she finished, however, when she whipped out her detonator, he did only one instinctual thing. He dove for cover.

The resulting explosion sent debris and the like raking across his armor, and when it was over he counted that five good men had died, and three more were rather badly wounded.

He made the hand sign to give aid to the wounded, and another to give chase to the woman; however, it was all redundant when then met up with their four comrades who had already subdued her.

The command center's seemed to have more than one set of screens, so he ordered a lock down of the room to keep from any more stupid mistakes such as that, as well as three guards posted at each end of the hall way. With a majority of the stormtroopers in the room, this place would easily be able to hold off another boneheaded attack.

------

( I hit the preview button and saw that piccolo had posted so this is my response to his post as well.)

Deton sighed as the place started to calm down a bit and the sight of his dead disturbed him to his core. Out side of the room, he had three men on either side of the hall way, as well as at least eight more if reports were correct. He had sent four to deal with the woman and four more had showed up.

He had had, nearly fifty stormtroopers when taking the room, with ten out on patrol, five dead and two wounded, he now had thirty able bodied men able to defend the room.

Positions were taken up around the door, so that ten blaster rifles were pointed in the direction of the door, while the remaining stormtroopers began to ransack the command center taking what information they could and sending transmissions back to the shuttle. With the recent explosion in the area, he felt for some reason as if a fog had been lifted from one of his senses, though from what he could tell, he was unhurt. He attributed the sense to the battle and decided it was time for him to make his next move.

"Ok hold this position, I need a squad of ten men with me, we are going to clear the way so the first Battalion can form up on this position."

Leaving the command center, his original squad of ten, plus one more followed him on his way out. Combing through the building they spotted a lone figure entering the building. Deciding this fellow was either very dangerous or had back up on the way, Deton motioned for five stormtroopers to round a corner that made a four way intersection in the building. Hiding these five from sight, he and the remaining five charged the figure. Blasters were drawn and shots rang out as each blaster spat out bolt after bolt toward the lone figure.

((So I guess this is post 1. Btw I thought I only had to let defender's post, so I was posting after a person in black sun posted.))

detonsigoq4.png

(I understand, it is an easy mistake. No worries.)

Piccolo ordered all troopers to back off Deton and his men. They were for the hunter alone. Piccolo could smell them coming as they neared his position. Storm Troopers gave off a unique scent. From behind his black helmet, the half-Doshan got a whiff of that new plastic-like scent. He hated it. Piccolo did not have a particular hatred of Imperial soldiers individual. They did their job, they were warriors. But the uniformity of it all bothered him. He was a natural opponent of their collective nature. The blind obedience to orders, the shiny costumes, it was all fake. Piccolo had men who followed him of course, he had troops. So he was a bit of a hypocrite. But in the end, he always preferred to be alone. So it was hard to understand someone who was merely a clone.

I guess you don't have to understand them to kill them.

As the first shots came, Piccolo was ready. He rolled to other side of the hall and into one of the training rooms. The hunter saw about twenty, twenty five men.

They must think I'm real dangerous.

Piccolo pulled a few gas pellets and threw them into the hall. The red smoke filled the air, deadly to all breathed it in. Piccolo knew it wouldn't kill them behind their helmets. It was a distraction. The hunter switched his vision to infrared, and ran into the hall. Shots rang out in the blinding smoke, a few striking him in the armor. Most deflected, and went wide, the troopers thrown off by their lack of vision. One struck dead on, and burned his forearm, probably badly.

Should have been moving, making a smaller target.

But the pain was a distant feeling, as he moved among them. His wrist blades, cut those who ventured too near, underneath their armpit, in their throat, even through the front of their visor forever blinding them. Wherever their armor had a break, his blade found flesh. He was a dark ghost going about his work. The sight of the blood stirred the Doshan within him. He did not take pleasure in these deaths. But he could not deny he enjoyed the fight, enjoyed the feel of it. Enjoyed being close to death and bringing it to others. Hunting them, as his ancestors had hunted. But Piccolo did not allow his momentary feelings to let him forget the target.

Always go for the leader.

Piccolo landed a kick against Deton at last reaching him. It was not meant to hurt, but to get his attention. The smoke was disappating. About half the Imperials lay dead or wounded. Piccolo maneuvered Deton between the remaining men, circling his prey. They would have to shoot him to get to the hunter. His mechanical voice emerged from behind his reflective helmet.

"Let us end this, you and me. Stop sending boys and Sith wizards to do your dirty work."

(1 Good luck, you are a good poster. This will be fun)

If one was to ask a Mandalorian how important, his helmet was to him. There would be no question about the answer. Through out history, mandalorians have used the intimating features of their helmet as well as advancements in technology to psychologically disturb foes while keeping one step ahead of the game. The Clone troopers that were his predecessors seemed to love their helmets almost as much as they loved their template.

Deton however, did not particularly hold the greatest love of his helmet. However, he did appreciate the thoughtfulness of not only the empire but also the mandalorians when they designed his. All Storm troopers had Automatic polarizing lenses to protect then against intense glare as well as gave the, holographic vision processors. These processors, made short work of simple barriers such as smoke, or darkness, even fire. Add that along with the MFTAS or the Acquisition system installed in the helmets and smoke was nothing more than bad smelling air.

Captain Rustic aimed his blaster rifle and fired into the smoke, suddenly the sight of his men dying around him for once took him by surprise. Imperial training always stated that the mission came first and save your regrets and sympathies for the dead for later. However, the whirling destructive demon he seemed to be facing invoked feelings in him that made him forget his imperial training a brief moment. In that moment he felt the blow connect and suddenly he was starring at the ceiling as the mechanical voice rang out against his speakers.

"Let us end this, you and me. Stop sending boys and Sith wizards to do your dirty work."

There are Sith here. Once again Intel has let me down, that is an important piece of information to have.

He placed a hand at what he had first though to be the floor only to suddenly sink into something. To his horror, he found his hand submerged inside of a still breath stormtrooper. Any idiot could see the man was in more than enough pain, though they could also tell he had no chance. Groping for his blaster, he ripped his hand out of the body and closing his eyes placed a blaster bolt between the dying man's eyes.

Keeping his cool he picked himself up and off the ground with his gun pointed at the hunter.

He cliked his internal mike on.

”œHe seems focused on me, so I am going to play a rabbit. Open fire at my signal.”

detonsigoq4.png

What the hell? Did he actually just run away?

Piccolo couldn't believe his eyes. He hadn't expected that. It was a mark of a coward, to leave his men to die.

Well, assuming they don't kill me.

Imperials were trained to rebound quickly. And as blaster bolts rained around him, he knew he was in trouble. The hunter hit his blaster pack as the shots rained down, moving in the opposite direction Deton had. He was struck at least six times, as he blasted back toward the training room. Piccolo rolled out, hitting his rocket launcher as he landed. The single missle demolished the door, protecting him from their blasts, cutting them off. Piccolo kneeled for a few moments as his head stopped spinning from the speedy flight. He had several burns which managed to pierce his armor. The hunter looked at his knee. It was hit bad, a bloody mass of cauderized flesh. Doshans were quick healers, but that was in terms of hours not minutes.

More like seconds.

He could hear the commotion behind him. The hunter sent for more Destroyers, but he knew they would not come in time. He had to at least take out the leader himself. And the hunter knew what to do. His helmet could see the heated figures moving through the debris. As Piccolo scanned the walls of the massive training room, his eyes set upon a lone figure further down the hall. Deton had not fled. He had backed off a bit, and had fired at the hunter, but he was still here. He was probably the one that hit Piccolo's knee so badly. Piccolo was a little disappointed he'd missed the chance to chase him.

Sneaky little . . .

The hunter didn't finish his thought as he moved toward the corner of the room. He limped, but with his mechanical implants still moved at a fairly fast speed. He could feel his rage surging. Piccolo jammed the comms of the Storm Troopers, and bounded against the wall, using the force behind his run to increase the strength of his punch. The hunter had been restored to his old body upon his return, the one constructed by Smash Daisaku. He had planned to surgically remove the unnatural bionic implants, but the Sith intervention had prevented him the opportunity. He was very grateful.

Looks like fate is with me. Even a Doshan can't punch through a solid metal wall. But a machine can.

With his bionic implants, Piccolo may as well have been a cyborg, a cyborg with the boiling blood of an animal. The hunter pounded through the wall in three hits. A lone man stood before him, turning his gun on Piccolo as he saw the black visor emerge from the jagged hole. The hunter gripped Deton's blaster muzzle before he could fire, and snapped the end of it off as if it were a toy. He'd forgotten how much he missed the cybernetic body Smash had built for him.

Perhaps I've been too sensitive over the events of the Black Dawn. I wear a battle suit. Is a half-metal body so much different?

Piccolo wasn't sure, but he enjoyed the rush as he pounded the faceplate of Deton, smashing the helmet in. He skipped over the jagged metal, red blood glinted off his fist. The hunter gripped a dazed Deton in a bear hug. With grim determination, he began to squeeze as he drug Deton around the corner.

"Your comm is jammed. They don't even know you are being attacked. First your ribs will crack. Then your spine will pop. And when you are dead, no one will mourn you or your blind service to the Emperor."

The attack was sudden, and it was vicious. Before he could even squeeze off a shot, he found not only his file snapped like man breaking a twig, but also his helmet smashed in. He could taste the blood in his mouth. Even with his armor, it seemed he was outmatched physically.

Damn he”¦ was”¦ some sort of cyborg.

Taunting words filled his spinning world. Some of them belong to the creature crushing the life out of him. Others were the words of the fallen, the dead. Almost as if he was hallucinating, the hall seemed to be filled with ghostly figures of men in armor. Stormtrooper armor filled the halls, each one seeming to stare at him as if they expected something. He was their captain, had he allowed them to die in vain?

He heard a crack and then a sharp rise of pain; he knew something besides the armor had just been broken. Unable to take a deep breath however, he simply assumed it was the hunter's words ringing true.

”œS-stormtroopers n-never travel”¦ alone!”

detonsigoq4.png

An ambush? Not bad.

Piccolo almost chuckled at being caught like this. It wasn't out of arrogance. He was in signficant danger. His amusement arose out of respect. Deton was no coward. He was playing it smart, letting Piccolo try brute force on him, luring him into a trap. Deton hadn't expected Piccolo to come busting out of the wall of course. But the trap worked just as well in the end.

When the shots rang out, the commander had even managed to take advantage, pulling himself free of Piccolo's distracted grasp. Piccolo put his shoulder forward, the thickest part of his armor, as the shots rang out. His armor held at first as the hunter returned rapid fire from his pistols. But one bolt grazed his already injured knee. Piccolo could barely stop himself from crying out in pain as he fell back into a kneeling position. The rumors were false. Storm Troopers were good shots it after all.

Looks like I'll have to blast my way out.

Piccolo was prepared to charge them, when he realized Deton had not fled. In fact, his men had stopped firing. Unbelievably, the commander was intent on fighting Piccolo himself. The hunter was surprised, not for the first time in this scuffle. There was something familiar about this man. He was no common soldier, no mindless drone. Deton was a warrior. He reminded Piccolo of himself, when the hunter ran with raiding gangs on Tatooine. Full of courage and stubborn to the core, even when retreat might win the day. Piccolo still had a chance to fight his way out of these troopers, but the deck was stacked against him. With Deton fighting Piccolo alone though, he was risking death and the hunter's escape. It was madness on Deton's part, and yet Piccolo would have done the same.

The Empire is certainly recruiting better these days.

None of this changed what had to be done though. Piccolo would not roll over and die, even for a man as admirable as Deton. Piccolo was prepared as Deton ran toward him. Unfortunately, the man was heading for his bad leg. Piccolo could easily have pushed off the tackle, he was much stronger. But Deton had tackled the kneeling Piccolo in such a way that forced all the weight on his injured knee. The hunter collapsed as pain blinded his vision. Before he could react, some sort of electric based surge was running through his body.

Sneaky little . . .

Piccolo blacked out for a moment. His body was bound to machinery, mechanically enhanced. Such an attack was devastating. But Piccolo was not a true cyborg. His body could operate without the mechanical enhancements being operable. When the cybernatic casing around his brain had been surged, it had rendered him unconscious. Now, when Piccolo began to come out of his fog, he found his limbs extra heavy, his vision blurred, and his breathing difficult.

These are not the same effects I felt when my body was hit by an EMP pulse. What's going . . .

The dazed hunter realized these weren't lingering effects of an ion attack. He was being strangled. Piccolo was too weak from the choking attack to pull Deton off. He had blacked out for too long. Piccolo was dying. It was over. And yet, there was still as park in Piccolo. This was not how he should die. It was wrong.

I don't care how good he is. I'm not going to die by the hands of an Imperial dog.

Piccolo found the strength to push one lone finger down, and hit his blaster pack, hoping his suit still operated. Deton had made a point of placing the ion attack against Piccolo's bare skin, to hit him instead of his armor. While the mechanical parts to Piccolo's body had been deactivated, his insulated armor was still functional. The two blasted through the roof, and many more ceilings after that. The cord began to slack, and Piccolo's vision cleared. He gasped for air as they tumbled onto the top floor. Piccolo lay sprawled, trying to catch his breath. Deton had been receiving the brunt of the blows as they crashed through the remnants of the building. The man's white armor was stained red. But they were both still alive. Miraculously, Piccolo had managed to hold on to one of his pistols as they flew. He could see Deton's bloodied hand resting on his. In the end, it would all come down to who could draw faster. If Piccolo's throat wasn't on fire, he would have chuckled again.

(3 Excellent duel, very fast paced. Gave me and my char a lot more respect for Storm Troopers. )

Talizabeth screamed as the stormtrooper tackled her, and she was subdued byt the troopers. Laying on her back, her side felt as if it was on fire, Blaster bolts had if by some miricle missed her Internal Organs, But it still bloody hurt, not to mention she was losing some blood, though the wounds had been caturized by the heat of the blaster bolts.

Piccolos comm ringed in her earpiece, but she really didn't have a choice, They had ristrained most of her but not her left arm. Talizabeth reached into her tunic pocket and withdrew her trusty vibro-knife. The man who had subdued her had his head up, exposing some of his neck under neath the helmet seal. She whipped the knife over his exposed neck, and blood sprayed onto her and the floor. She caught the man as the rest of the troopers opened fire, and she manuvered him in the way of their blasts.

Talizabeth grabbed his E-11 and shot the rest of the troopers as the blasterbolt began to eat through the man she was holding. After the stormtroopers had stopped twitching. She let the man fall to the floor. She quickly retreated away from the battle and made her way to the med-bay that had not been captured by the Imps. She quickly recieved treatment...and was ready to fight once more. The wounds were not healed but they did not prohibit her movement much...

E9z5qgW.png

Very, very good duel by Deton, who's shown some real maturity and inginuity in this duel that would have normally allowed a relatively new character the chance to take on and win one of the older RPers on the board- and is some of the best RPing I've seen from this RPer. That being said though, Piccolo's performance was still enough to merit a certain, but narrow victory.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Jacen thought about his plan a little too late. He had destroyed the ysalamari protection that he had had before, and now he would have to avoid that small circle or risk being caught in one of the evil mans Force traps. A minor setback though, compared to what he was capable of. As he was attempting to come up with a new plan to get the man out of the area, he was astonished to see blaster bolts and boulders rocketing towards him at blinding speeds.

He managed to dodge the first few projectiles, but one of the rocks, about the size of his head, caught him in his left thigh, sending him plummeting to the ground with a yelp of outrage. He heard bone crack, and knew that this was only going to complicate things. More weapons hurled themselves towards him, obviously controlled by the sith. A blaster bolt grazed his right thigh, sending the smell of burning flesh seeped into the air, followed by the smell of blaster discharge.

Jacen took off down the hallway and rounded a corner, momentarily bringing him some safety. He ran, or in this case limped, towards one of the turbolifts, and made his way to the second floor. The ceilings in the base had been designed to handle a few blasts to prevent cave-in's, but if Jacen could find just the right spot, he could drop in on his unsuspecting target, using the element of surprise to aid him in victory.

The lift arrived at the second floor and Jacen began a brisk walk down the hallway. He stopped one of the passing black sun operatives and the man gave him some bacta to temporarily heal his leg. The medical supplies helped slightly, allowing Jacen to move down the hallway at a quicker pace. He arrived around where he felt the blast would have occurred and began tapping on the floor, looking for a hollow spot. He found one a smiled to himself, despite his pain.

He pulled a detpack from his pack and set it down on the spot he had identified. A small beep showed its readiness and Jacen turned it on. He walked about ten meters up the hallway and holstered his blaster. He pulled out the dual slugthrowers he carried and checked them. They were both fully loaded and the safety was off. The beauty of slugthrowers was that the lightsaber couldn't block the projections they shot. He holstered one incase he lost the other and once again drew his blaster. After one final check he triggered the explosive and watched in glory as the ceiling began caving in on the sith.

Not allowing the rubble to settle, Jacen dove in, weapons blaring, a battle cry echoing from his lips.

((2- Fair enough, I was stupid. Good call.))

silassig-1.jpg