Artus Prime

Tarrian Skywalker

Ronin pulled his personal datapad out of his coat, making it apparent that he had the history book one on hand just to stroke his own ego as necessary. He checked into Quintus's landing, then sent out a signal to his ship.

"Excellent timing..."

A single Droid rolled off of Quitus's ship, navigating the halls quickly and entering the meeting room. The apparently heavily Modified destroyer droid unfolded and stood up in the corner of room, its weapons presented.

Destroyer_Droid___Total_by_mech7.jpg

"This is my newest tool for destroying the Jedi. I have dubbed it the 'Roneka', in honor of my own brilliance. The nearly perfect killing machine has been revived and renewed for our times, boasting a number of features that make it a true menace. The blasters have been replaced with flechette launchers, limiting its range but considerably improving its attack power versus Jedi; given the mechanics. Lightsabers are useless for deflection purposes, and its shield offer the same protection from direct attacks as before--with some mild improvements to functionality. A Ysalimari is suspended in a nutrient rod along the 'head' of the droid, making it immune to force attack, and should a Jedi be unfortunate enough to fall within 3 meters of it, make the target itself quite vulnerable. They are upgraded with newer combat logic, and the beautiful red and black paint job I love so very much. It is... the perfect weapon for counter-force user tactics. I can't believe how much I rule."

Ronin smiled warmly at his toy, then crushed his cigarette in the ashtray.

"I bring this. What do you bring to the table?"

FinalRONIN.png

Jacen stared at the new machine in the conference room, nodding his approval. It appeared designed well enough to work. The ultimate killing machine.

"To answer your question for myself, I'll bring a willingness to learn from someone who is listed in the history books more times than I would care to be, and who is far better than me. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, and sometimes even that which does makes me stronger even. I don't make a claim to fame, teach me what you want me to know, since I obviously walked right into your trap and don't understand everything, and this could work out quite well for everyone."

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Arriving on the planet side Kal exited his ship. It had been a while sincehe had been on Artus. Long time actually but he wasn't there to think about old times.

Learning of where this meeting was to take palce Kal headed to the room late and more than likely to draw attetion to himself. Shurging it off he entered the meeting and took a seat. He knew people noticed and he didn't care.

Sitting at the table he saw the droids and thought about what they might be able to do. Watching and listening Kal paid attetion to the meeting and made his notes on what was taking place.

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

"What do we bring? Forgive me Pirate, but you and your little sidekick have yet to impress. Why do we need a toy to kill Jedi? I've killed plenty with my bare hands."

Piccolo fell silent in the middle of his insult. He realized suddenly that he was only fanning the flames. This meeting had not exactly gotten off to a good start. The hunter moved from his position near the door. Piccolo had not been prepared to take a seat at this table before. He had not had a stake in the success of this meeting. If anything he wanted it to fail. But now he saw his folly. He saw the folly in all of their thinking. They were being foolish, every single one of them. The egos here were oppressive. Even his own. Nevertheless, if there was to be hope, he would have to show that he intended, as the longest surviving member of the Black Sun, to committ to this new course. The Black Sun was dying in the midst of a weakened galaxy. No one was taking advantage of the situation. The hunter took his seat. He loathed making speeches. But now was the time, if the Black Sun was not to die right here. It was time for them all to face the truth.

"Mr. Mortati, you can flash your wealth around if you wish. But we all know your little business is hardly comparable to the Black Sun. All your assets could be crushed on a whim. But your self delusion isn't nearly as sorry as that of our Pirate King. When one needs to start consulting history books to find their last major accomplishment, it's time to start reevaluating. I remember a time when Ronin Wartide was in the headlines. Now he's in the library."

Piccolo turned toward Mindan and his old allies.

"Let's not live by the false assumption the rest of us are any better. The Black Sun under Mindan's leadership and with Silas in second command has managed to get itself nearly taken over more than once, not to mention the embarassing Republic incident on Dubrillion. But I think we all know who started the downward spiral. I've never recovered from the ill-fated Black Dawn. Piccolo as a force of fear has long departed the galaxy. The faceless mask is a punchline now, and petty bounty hunter who hasn't actually caught a bounty in years."

Piccolo pulled out his blaster pistol, laying it in front of him.

"Most of us hate at least one other person at this table. But perhaps we should be hating ourselves. The galaxy has either never heard of us or considers us washed up. Alone, we bring nothing to the table. But together there is an unprecedented pool of talent here. When I joined the Black Sun, there were many members, but only one operative of any note. Here I do not see a single person who is not formidable and is not worthy of respect, even the youngest of us. The way I see it, we have two options. We can continue this little contest until we start killing each other. We can keep living in the past. Or we can start discussing the future and how we intend to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies. I propose we start with Mr. Mortati's suggestion. We must drive the Empire from this place. They have broken numerous agreements, and yet always expected our aide. Let them come to us again if they want a new deal, more favorable. But as I see it, we own this planet, and we should be controlling it."

Piccolo looked straight at Ronin.

"What do you say Pirate King? Would you rather have my hide, or that of the Admiral or the Emperor or whoever we decide has earned the ire of the Black Sun?"

”œMy little business? Have you even been back long enough to see how little profit the Black Sun has been making? If the Black Sun was able to make enough money to be respectable on its own, I wouldn't have been brought in.”

Mr_Mortati.jpg

The point is that you can't be too greedy. -Donald Trump

Piccolo repressed the urge to put a blaster bolt between the man's eyes. The hunter was genuinely surprised by his reaction. This appeared to be nothing more than a game to him. The hunter did not see why such a man was even present at this meeting.

"I've never lost a battle with a Sith either Mr. Mortati. For a man who has done so much research on us you are extremely uninformed. But clearly your wealth is vast enough to operate your own Black Sun. Why are you here? We don't need you, no one asked you to join the Black Sun."

”œOne Trowa Barton and Darth Exodus murdered one Piccolo on his own flagship and took it out of the system where it was then stripped and given away to a charity organization. Any questions?”

Mr_Mortati.jpg

"I only consider it losing when you die. Not when the Sith is intent on selling your brain to a Pirate."

Piccolo had honestly forgotten about that little incident. It was all irrelevant anyway. He had decided that Mr. Mortati had no genuine desire in joining them. He wished the Black Sun to join him. It was an important difference.

"I'll answer no more of your questions. The Black Sun does not need you, you need us. All of us need the Black Sun. And if there are those who do not wish to become part of a team, it is best they leave now."

”œDo you have to insist on making this difficult? At least Mindan was being polite and asked an important question. You are acting like you are at the top of the ladder when in reality; we are all up there sitting right next to you. You alone are making this meeting exceedingly difficult to conduct with your condescending attitude and inability to cooperate.”

Mr_Mortati.jpg

Kal sighed.

"How about this, we start working on the process of how we take back what is ours. The Black Sun had once owned much and of late, due to circumstances and including more than a few in which I took part in it has lost much. I am not one who is too proud to admit that I have made mistakes, however I am also one who will admit that I am here to make money and above all else make my name. Still enoug about what I want, how do we make up for the losses of the past and strike hard on what is ours for the taking?"

Kal knew his speech was not much of attetion grabber, however it was not an insult but an honest to god idea to help move the group along. After all they all wanted money, and above all else time was money.

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

Jacen rolled his eyes, wanting desperatly to shoot himself, though that would do nothing.

"OH MY F***ING GOD! BOTH OF YOU ARE ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE A DICK STUFFED UP YOUR ASS. NEITHER OF YOU ARE ACCOMPLISHING ANYTHING BY YELLING AT EACH OTHER AND BOTH OF YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM MORTATI, NOT JUST PICCOLO."

He looked around, wondering who was going to shoot him first.

"Now, if we could return to the problem at hand, I do believe Mr. Mortati asked a question about alliances. To my knowledge we have no other treaties in place, or at least there hasn't been one since Mindan took over. Kal went to the Last Call and was talking with Nargal, but I don't believe that anything was accomplished there, as he had to leave."

Breathing a little lighter, he turned his attention back to the Pirate King.

"Continuing on the subject at hand, is there a specific reason these droids were brought in, or was it just for effeciencys sake? And since we are obviously going to be using them, how quickly can we produce them, and how many are already produced?"

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan refrained from silencing everyone when Jacen made his outburst.

He had just been about to silence them all, Piccolo included. It appeared there was still some Trando in his blood.

"You're statement is not, entirely accurate Jacen." Mindan acknowledged jacen's slightly shocked expression as he stepped back from the table and began to pace around the room, massaging his left breast.

Ugh. my chest feels awfully tight. Struggling to breath. Mindan grimaced as a sudden spasm of pain waved across his chest.

"I have a very quiet, strictly personal agreement with the Manager of The Link. After Piccolo was, for all intents and purposes, killed over Haruun Kal, I knew we were vulnerable. That it was going to take time to rebuild. My experience leading the organisation was limited. I had never had to run it single handedly. I'd always been a sole operator. Now I find myself lead partner."

Another wave of pain spasmed across Mindan's chest, causing him to stop and grimace audibly.

"Piccolo is right. All of us here bring knowledge, experience, skills and telent to the table of different kinds. We have the potential now I think, in time, to take on anyone and win. I have been grooming Jacen to take over and with the experience and knowledge from other facets of business in this galaxy that you possess, Ronin, Mortati, Kal, and Piccolo, this alliance can only further increase his abilities. Mr Mortati, you, like Jacen, are slightly incorrect with your statement of our shipyards. We have completed one other contract. And remember also that it is fairly new, and was engaged in reconstructing our fleet, as well as the Golan defence platforms for its own protection."

Another wave of pain spasmed across Mindan's chest, this one worse, causing him to drop to the floor on all fours trying to gasp for air.

Barely audible now, Mindan continued.

"We can learn from each other. I don't like that it has come to this but I am willing to lay aside my personal dislike for the good of Black Sun. My distrust will take longer to overcome, as I know will your own."

Deep within Mindan's chest, his heart pulsated irregularly now, straining to clear the blockage that had clogged its internal valves. Failing to do this, it seized up. And made on final series of beats as a last ditch attempt. Unsuccessful, the pressure burst a small hole in the heart wall causing Mindan to cry outloud in pain.

"Jacen, make Black Sun what it should be. Learn from the others."

And with this, Mindan passed out, his hands relaxing in their grip from his chest as he slipped into a coma, from what would be diagnosed as a heart attack.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mortati glanced sideways at the crumpled form of Mindan on the floor. He had felt the pain radiating off of the man via his ”˜empathetic' abilities, but hadn't paid much mind to it. At first he thought if it was something serious, the man would be smart enough to call in a doctor-yet even when he fell to his knees he had kept talking, rather then calling for help.

Mr. Mortati shook his head disapprovingly and lifted his glass of water, taking a sip of it as he casual watched the form of Mindan, then the faces of the others. After Jacen's childish outburst and Kal's all but ignored speech, this was just like the icing on top of the cake.

”œSo, I figure half the people in here are going to be a little distraught over this. Is the meeting going to take a break, or shall we continue and have someone”¦Clean him up?”

Mr_Mortati.jpg

Jacen looked on, a little shocked by this turn of events. He pushed the desk comm, sending a message to the med bay.

"Get a medical droid down here now!"

He then turned to the others.

"No, we will continue with our meeting. I am confident that he will be fine...He just needs some medical attention. Breaking this meeting right now would do nothing, as nothing I can do will help him recover. We will continue with or without him, as he would have wanted it."

Jacen paused a little, beginning to get over the inital shock of seeing his boss and long time friend collapse in a coma on the conference room floor. The med droid arrived with a strecher to collect Mindan, and as soon as they were away, Jacen continued the meeting.

"Now, the second alliance Mindan spoke of is one whose main location will not be disclosed until I know that we are still giving this council a shot. Based on the outburst just displayed, I'm taking a shot in the dark to say that we don't fully trust each other just yet. Hopefully in time that will change. Now, I believe that we were discussing this Jedi Killer droid. Perhaps we can get back to that..."

While Jacen waited for the meeting to continue he silently voiced his concerns about Mindan to himself. He had known the man for more than two years, and had served as his right hand man for nearly eight months. Why had he had a heart attack right here?

silassig-1.jpg

Ronin Snickered as Brendo was hauled off.

"I had a heart attack once. But it was totally cool--it followed the best high I've ever had."

Ronin Snapped to attention as Silas brought up the droids again.

"They're awesome, and I'm totally making them. I think that settles that."

The Pirate leaned back in his chair and put his boots up on the table.

"So uhh... this orgy is off to a awfully slow start, what with the no dames and all. Whaddaya say we adjourn this meeting and go pillage Slicer's estates? I imagine yall would be up in arms about him by now... given his attempt at encroaching on your market, Mortati, his neglegence to help you, Silas and Piccolo, and the fact that he totally stalled out on picking my side either. There are people you don't trust, and there are people we don't trust, but I don't think we need to be aligned with people neither of us trust--am I right?"

FinalRONIN.png

Kal watched as Brendo fell to the table with a thud and then was removed. Seeing that was a fair shock for Kal. Brendo and Kal had worked together in great lentgh with Brendo and seeing him fall like that was somthing that no matter how well trained you are takes a toll. Not showing any sign Kal worried just like Jacen did probally about Midan but did what he did best, moved on.

Pulling a smoke from his pocket Kal lit up and breathed deep.

"Since we are going to make slicers life a living nightmare let us use the infomation we have here in the Sun data base. Since he was involved highly the data base has every detail on him and well lets abuse it and make the S. O. B. wish he was in an imperail prison instead of alive."

Accessing the PC via a small consol infront of him on the table everything Slicer had, knew, and was shot up in a huge display.

"May I introduce you to the man who we all know and soon will no longer be among the living, Slicer."

The medical droid made its way to the medical wing of the base and lay Mindan out on a bed, connecting him up to various medical devices and ensured that his lifesigns were stable. Once its circuits had run through the precise medical checklist that pertained to Human physiology, the droid left notes with the relevant details for the human nurse.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen nodded as he looked over Slicer's information.

"It looks like a good idea. He has limited defenses and limited personel, and I do believe he is in the hands of the Alliance right now. From a tactical standpoint, it seems like a very good idea. Mortati, you know more about the business side of things than anyone else here. Would it be worth it, and what it may cost us, to attack him?"

silassig-1.jpg

”œOutside of advising you on the price, taking such actions against a man is not my place here. If successful, it would easily be worth it. The cost would be mitigated by the rewards and being that he is currently out of action, so to speak, our losses would be minimal so the profits would only be increased as a result. If you are all set on this, I suggest doing it with haste as now is the best time.”

Mr_Mortati.jpg

Piccolo watched with surprise at Mindan's severe injury. It seemed an odd turn of events. Piccolo felt regret at Mindan's sudden plight. It wasn't so much sadness as disappointment in the loss of a useful ally. But at least it defused the tension Mortati was intent on creating. Piccolo suspected there was more to Mindan's departure than met the eye. For now though, he felt it time to speak again.

"I will not hold with any actions against Slicer. He has stuck his neck out for the Black Sun before, and I believe that action outweighs any mistakes he may have made. Are we so quick to eat our own?"

A small Black Sun fighter exited hyperspace, softly floating down in Artus's atmosphere before landing with a gentle, and usual, thud. Aboard this fighter was Canderous Bralor, of the Black Sun, and though he had arrived unexpectedly, his intentions here was to mainly find out what the hell was going on.

When this once Mandalorian left for Ryloth, the Black Sun was at war with this crew of pirates, but now, after his return, he learnt that they were now his superiors within the organization. Though he did not sit lightly on this subject, if Jacen and Mindan were alright with it, then he would have to as well.

Walking into the building where the meeting was being held, Canderous sent Jacen a silent comm, letting the vigo know of his return from Ryloth and his presence near by, before sitting down outside the very room Jacen was in. Awaiting Jacen's presence outside the room, or him being called in, he patiently sat there, ready for anything, still wondering on what was going on.

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

Jacen acknowledged his flashing comm, ruturning it to its position on his belt. Canderous would have to wait until this meeting had been completed. Until then, he now had Piccolo's statement to deal with.

"What has Slicer done for the Black Sun? During the Black Dawn stuff all he did was stir up trouble. On Kashyyyk he had three agents who wanted to kill him, myself included, for his actions against us. In truth, I never really saw the benefit of bringing him in. I guess I wasn't that high up, and had no idea how you were basing your decsions, but I never really felt that he helped us.

Then after you died, we kept him on and when we really needed him, he lost three of our ships, and when he finally made it to Coruscant, he did nothing, when two retired men came barging in. So what did he do to help the Sun?"

silassig-1.jpg

"Slicer is a fool, and he is currently rotting at Gala. I suppose if I cared, I could have freed him when I sacked the place, but somehow I did not think it was worth the effort."

Answering Silas' question is Faust, who calmly strolls into the meeting after his own business on Ryloth concluded, again using his old contacts with Black Sun to waltz in. He gives a brief nod to the assembled Vigos and a deeper nod, bordering on a half- bow to Piccolo. "I do not know if his incompetence merits us avenging himself on him, but I would be loath to let him rejoin the ranks. As for the ships dissapearance, that was my own doing." Faust, unasked, takes a seat at the council table.

"Word is from our friends," he states, refering to a few Imperial operatives, "hanging about Mos Eisley say that the Hutts are back in business under their old guard. In ages past, there's been a useful alliance between these two- Black Sun conducting more higher end affairs ranging from espionage, theft, and muscling businesses, while the Hutts acted to perform assassinations, drugs, and the like." Faust's tone is smooth as he speaks. "Now, my own humble opinion," he states with a low chuckle, "is that we have a natural division of labor here. You can run fleets, ship building, and of course the usual affairs in the galactic center, but I would suggest sending envoys to Wyhl." At that Faust gives a knowing, sidelong glance at Ronin, knowing the two Black Sun Operatives that staked out at the Last Call during the Pirate King's negotiations with the Hutt Fleet Commander.

"There is one other matter in regards to old alliances, Faust says as he leans back, booting his white, metal boots on the table and pulls out a holo-recorder displaying a familiar message from Holonet. "What you're seeing here is the new Alliance manifesto. Though I've personally dealt with the Jedi's beloved leader, her spirit alas is far too clean and wholesome and will permiate the new government she proposes for us to be considered seriously. Though some of you may have doubts," he adds coolly, his blue eyes narrowing to tiny, icy slivers as he gazes about the room, "about the Empire, you have my word as an Imperial general and one who was honored with sitting among these very ranks that they will be most receptive to any business ventures you have, especially when it comes to information brokering and arms dealing."

Faust sits up and tosses the mini-holo-recorder around, putting his feet back on the floor. "Now I sense that there's enough dislike and antipathy around here to match the raw hatred most Sith feel for anyone but their very selves." At that Faust holds up his right hand, giving a dramatic, if not over the top display by crackling force lightning between his finger tips. "But, we, and I say we for my own loyalty to this organization and its leader's vision has not ceased, we cannot afford to be lax. The Hutts and the Empire are two paths ahead of you, which I would suggest allying with, but not leaning on them. If you team up with Wyhl and his ilk, you may even be able to stand up against the Alliance and the Empire as equals. For that measly operative you were wasting breath and attention over, let him rot and move onto what matters."

Faust's tone is lazy again, though his posture is as usual, battle ready. "Of course, this is just one man's opinion. There's a bit more backbone in this room and I am at least glad that some I had doubts about are able to step up to the challenge. So, revered leader," he states, focusing on Silas and the others, "what say you to forging anew those old ties and shaking this galaxy for every cent its worth?"

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Jacen sat back and listened to the newly arrived Faust. The man always knew how to make an entrance. A lot of his words rang true to Jacen, and now it was time to make a decision. If he attacked Slicer it would bring satisfaction, but if he chose to establish the ties they could help the Black Sun out a lot more in the long run, especially against the Alliance.

"A lot of what Faust has said makes sense. Leaving Slicer to rot is probably the best course of action right now, and re-establishing our ties with the newly reformed Hutts and the Empire will help us, as long as we depend on ourselves, not them, to do what we wish. While attacking him will bring personal satisfaction to a few of us, it would be pointless as he has made no offensive move against us.

So here is what I'm thinking. If Slicer attempts to return to any of our bases, he will be destroyed, but until he makes a move against us, or begins to hurt our profits, he can do what he wishes. As soon as possible, we should re-establish our ties to the Hutts and the Empire, and once that is done begin to rebuild ourselves back to what Ronin and Faust have envisioned, the glory that it was under Smash. This is a very rich galaxy, and squeezing the money out of it should be easy as anyone stupid enough to hold onto excessive money by themselves will be easily taken down by the Sun

I personally have never dealt with the Hutts, though I'm guessing most of you have. Someone who stands well with the Hutts should be the one to approach them with our hopes of alliance. Possibly Ronin or Piccolo. So what say the rest of you to forging these alliances?"

Jacen sat forward in his chair, resting his elbows on the table, waiting for the response of the others.

silassig-1.jpg

Ronin sighed at Silas's suggestion.

"I've already rebuilt our connection with the Hutts. I received a communique from the Hutt Fleet Commander immediately before I got the one to come here, and ever the opportunist I stopped by to reform our alliance before I came here. Assuming that this was a trap, I planned this such that if you were to try something here, I'd have The Hutts at my back. So unless you were to change your minds and regroup against me, the Hutts would be all our allies. "

Ronin threw back his head in boredom, then pressed hit boot against the table to balance his chair on two legs.

"As far as the empire and the rest of the potential alliances go, go I wouldn't say we need them. Honestly, too many alliances put a strain business. When so much of the Corporate galaxy is guarded, it becomes too difficult to operate an aggressive business plan. Governments are tools to be used, not to use you--as they so frequently try. I figure ignore them unless they come to us with a contract."

Ronin began to dig in his pocket for a cigarette.

"Wyhl the Hutt has something up his sleeve... or... embedded in a fat roll. I just assume wait until that gets going and join in."

FinalRONIN.png

At the mention of the Hutts, the man that had been scanning surface thoughts subtly picked up something from Ronin. Apparently the Pirate had discussed things with a Hutt member before even coming here, so all this talk about setting up Alliances was just another waste of time. He looked towards the Pirate after Faust and Jacen's little speeches and just as expected, the man began to talk.

Mortati leaned his head back and ceased the surface scanning. The Hunter Faust would realize what he was doing if he kept it up any longer, but thus far he was sure that the man hadn't noticed anything at all. He relaxed and thumbed the small package in his pocket, wanting to pull it out and empty its contents onto the table rather then sit and listen to the dribble that was coming out of the mouths of all of the ”˜council' members. If the meeting dragged on too much longer, he decided he would do just that right before walking out.

"Jacen, where is the old Fleet at currently?"

Mr_Mortati.jpg

Faust stands up, a content smirk on his face. "Fancy that you had things in order with the Hutts already," he states with a yawn. "Though your informal rendevuez with the Commander in the Last Call might pale compared to a more formal declaration of ties coming from this... august body... that Black Sun as a whole is willing to work with them." At that, Faust's eyes suddenly pull over to Mortati, narrowing curiously as if sensing something, then shrugging.

"As I'm not a formal member of this council, I shall not waste your time any further, though I would add that the Empire's doors are always open for men of your calibur." With that Faust rises in his seat, turning about. "I think that more or less concludes what I have to say." With a sweep of his white trench coat, Faust strides towards the door where he suddenly stops.

"By the way," he adds, his voice pitched towards Ronin. "Though merely robbing a certain ex-operative blind would be bad business and such outright theft as it were may be beneath us..." Faust chuckles, "since Slicer is imprisoned, it might do Black Sun some good to... ah... care for his operations on Rordis City. The populace is preportedly loyal to him as are his droids, but if we came in as stewards during his incarceration, at least initially, it might not be a bad move and ease control, and it could aid in manufacturing those droids of yours." Faust gives another laugh, then walks out. "Till next time, gentlemen."

A short time later, his ship takes off, clearing the system and vanishing into hyperspace.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Jacen watched the departing form of Faust's white trench coat, waiting until the man had left before continuing the meeting.

"In answer to your previous question Mr. Mortati, the old fleet is disbanded, stripped of their crews, and probably floating around some old moon right now. As there was no need to keep them operational since you are near completion, or should be, of Ronin's new fleet. I just ordered them stripped. What they did with them after that is their business.

Now, I can see that this 'meeting' hasn't been all the sucsessful, so I suggest that we all continue with our duties while awaiting any major developments. Have a nice day gentlemen."

With that, Jacen stood and exited the conference room. He noticed that he had forgotten about Canderous, who was waiting outside the room.

"Wait for me outside the med bay. We have some things to discuss. I will be there shortly."

Jacen left the man quickly after his comment. He made his way to hangar bay 2B, his personal bay. He had it emptied and the alarm set so that if anyone entered, Jacen would know about it. He needed some alone time, and didn't want to deal with anyone else at the moment. He walked to his old ship, entered the security code and headed up the ramp. He smiled when he saw his old R5 unit, Savior.

He walked toward the droid and began issuing instructions. The instructions given would make sure that Jacen always had a surefire way out. He sent a comm to Dubrillion, informing Dr. Pang of his plan, and that now was the time to activate the monitor he had had installed so long ago. It was a small chip that would allow the droid to see what he saw when needed, and monitor his heart rate. If he was ever killed by one of his own, the droid had orders to clone him aboard the ship.

He felt a tiny electric pulse and nodded satisfied that the chip was working. He made sure the droid understood his instructions, then said his farewells. He exited the ship, and watched as the hatch closed. After a preflight check, the ship lifted off and the Lucky Me blasted off into the unknown. It made a random jump into space to begin its trek towards completion.

With his task completed, he made his way out of the hangar, turning off the alarm, and made his way to the med bay. He spied Canderous standing just outside the door and made his way over to him.

"Canderous, how did you fare on Ryloth?"

silassig-1.jpg

Piccolo was displeased with the result of this meeting. But there was little he could do from his position. In spite of his disagreement, the hunter certainly respected Faust's advice. Vladimir Faust was the only man Piccolo felt truly indebted to, and the only one he measured himself as inferior to. But he did not think this course was in the Black Sun's best interest. The hunter left the meeting upon its adjournment and proceeded to the hangar. The Firespray ship he had ordered was in, it was to the exact specification of his old ship. Piccolo loaded his equipment and took the Scorekeeper into hyperspace.

Faust departed just in time for Mortati to reveal his ability, however subtle, once more. As Jacen spoke, a surface scan was performed for the obvious thought that would have instantly sprang to the forefront of almost anyone's mind. The fleet actually hadn't been stripped, or at least not in a true sense of the word. The tall, pallid man merely nodded his head at the Jacen's answer. In all honesty, it was his business what was done with the ships when they were decommissioned and Mortati did not appreciate being prevented from doing his job.

Three people just up and left instantly when the meeting was concluded, leaving only him and a few others. He looked at the others left in the room and shrugged his shoulders, standing and taking his leave. He returned to his chambers on the planet and sent out orders for the old fleet crew to come to Artus to outfit the new fleet. A Black Sun operative scurried off to get the job done, telling the old fleet commander to report directly to him. He relaxed in the room, his guards keeping watch, and waited for the commander to report to him.

__

His hands danced over a keyboard as he sent out several commands and brought information on various subjects he had a mild interest in, reading up on them thoroughly.

Mr_Mortati.jpg