Artus Prime

Tarrian Skywalker

Snapping out of hyperspace, Mindan stared at the Imperial ships in orbit around Artus. Whistling to himself he set course to take a wide berth around the warships.

Triangulating the comm signals his sensors were picking up he headed in to land, following directions from a Black Sun operative. Landing, he again set his ships security systems and headed indoors to report in.

As he strode silently inside his cape billowed behind him, his arms clasped behind his back. Maintaing a neutral face, he spoke to the operative who greeted him.

"Greetings. I have been ordered to report to Piccolo. I have just come from Dubrillion. I am Mindan."

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Standing with his hands clasped behind his back. Mindan kept an impassive look on his face. His head did not move, as his eyes watched Piccolo pace, reading off the datapad. Mindan maintained an air of confidence, not allowing his curiosity to intrude to his exterior.

”œHonour in business is paramount. Once contracted I do not then sell out to any one else. As for why I chose Black Sun”¦”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan's shipcomm chirruped quietly. Checking it, he discovered that the ship scan had finally been completed, I must upgrade that one day, and had discovered a number of small tracking devices. Turning to Piccolo, he informed him of this development.

”œIt would also be quite likely that you have one or more tracking devices on your ship also Piccolo. By your leave I will go and remove those attached to my ship. Would it also be remiss of me to suggest we keep our eyes open for attack from the Link? I believe they have more spine than appearance suggests. You have my comm frequency sir.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan didn't like the fact that Fett had just waltzed his way onto the ship. He had no problem with the way he had been addressed, brusquely and with no social etiquette. He knew that Fett was a warrior. Social etiquette did not concern him. But the surprise of turning and seeing Fett standing there. That grated against his skin. He would have to do something about that.

Regardless, Mindan secured his ship for travel to Dubrillion, as ordered. Receiving clearance, he took off, taking a wide berth around the Alliance ships, and headed out.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

When the alarm went off, Mindan arose, and had a feed. Heading into the cockpit, he changed course slightly to avoid the various non Black Sun warships in orbit, and commed his arrival into the space controller. Landing, he secured his ship, and with jacket and glasses in place, strode confidently into the main building, looking for Piccolo, or ShadowFett.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan acknowledged, and assembled half a dozen operatives together, briefing them on the way.

”œGentleman, ”œ he began in his deep rumbling voice, ”œthis is not to be a shootout. This person has demanded an audience with Piccolo, and Piccolo want to know why first. Once in the hangar, disperse in a defensive containment cordon, and for sith sake, set your blasters to stun. No need to kill this person. Is that understood?”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan looked at the man, slipping his shuriken back into their sheathes, and did up his coat. Intimidation was a powerful tool thought Mindan. A pity he did feel intimidated by this man.

”œYou land in Black Suns hangar, demand to speak with the leader of Black Sun, and then threaten a peaceful greeting party who has come to determine if Piccolo does indeed need to see you, and expect that by pointing a blaster at me, I'm going to fall to my knees and beg for mercy?”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan listened intently to what Jak had to say. Nodding his understanding.

”œThat is much better. Professional courtesy will get you a lot further than threats. Ive received word from Piccolo. He is currently busy, however you are to be installed in a waiting room until he is free to see you.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

"Jacen Onnd, welcome to Artus. We have been expecting you." Mindan looked at the hangar list to check which ones were vacant then spoke again in his deep voice.

"You have clearance to land in hanagr 2a. Follow the signal in. I await your arrival. Mindan out."

Signing off from the comm, Mindan looked down at the datapad with the information on this new arrival. He frowned slightly. He wasnt sure about the wiseness of having untrained recruits about, but he couldnt argue with the need for more personnel while Piccolo and Fett were off planet.

Mindan commed a small group of operatives to meet him at hangar 2a, to welcome the new recruit. he assigned another to watch the comm and radar units and to inform him when Piccolo and Fett returned.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

"If you would be so kind as to follow me Lord Reigh, i will show you to your quarters while you wait for Piccolos return. He apologises for not being ablew to greet you himself, but he is tied up with business and trusted that you would understand. "

Mindan turned and lead the way to the VIP quarters, pointing out feature that could be seen on the way.

"I will post a man outside your door as precaution against unwanted visitors for you Sir. you are free to dine with the other operatives in the mess hall, the Captain here will show you the way should you wish to do so, otherwise meals can be sent up to you. Please contact me should you require anything."

Mindan bowed again, having given Lord Reign his comm frquency and orders to the captain he was posting outside Lord Reigns door.

Mindan looked at Jacen, and studied the information on the datapad. Lookin at the man before him, Mindan spoke in his deep rumbling voice.

"Welcome to Artus Jacen. Our commander, Piccolo, is off planet at the moment. If you will come with me, I will give you the basic tour and then we'll go through a few training drills. I want to see for myself where you are at. Follow me." Mindan turned and wordlessly made his way to the main accomodation wing, pointing out the mess hall on the way.

"Your quarters have refreshment and comm facilities." Mindan handed Jacen a passcard, coded to his new quarters.. He gave Jacena moment to have a quick look and then turned and made his way back down to the training building.

"This combat training facility is always open, access with your passcard. Choose a weapon Jacen, and show me what you have."

Mindan waited until Jacen had chose his weapon, and picked up one himself, and waited for Jacen to attack.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan watched Jacen pick up his force pike, and moved to pick up a simple staff. Moving it comfortably, he easily blocked Jacen's low sweep.

Circling each other, Jacen warily, Mindan spoke, beginning the lesson.

”œWhen fighting an opponent, whether you have weapons or not, you must always think three steps ahead. When you made that low sweep, did you calculate how I would move to block it, and what your follow up would have been? And that is the next thing. Follow up. A straight strike is going to blocked every time. A one-two attack has a higher chance of success.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan went through the motions, as Jacen walked him through the attack stepo by step. He was thankful that Jacen was so open to instruction, and that he had taken the lesson on board.

Mindan was doubly glad he was wearing his coat when the force pike struck it instead of his leg. He liked being able to walk freely. His leg was valuable to him.

As Jacen stepped back, having completed his instructions, Mindan looked at him.

"Well done Jacen. I believe you have learnt the lesson for today. If you remember to always think ahead three steps when fighting, whther its armed or hand to hand combat, you will survive. I believe that it is now time for the midday repast. You know where the mess hall is do you not? I will meet you there."

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan looked up as he heard the doors open and close, and saw Jacen walk in. Turning back to his meal he continued to eat in silence, listening to the casual conversations of the operatives in the mess hall.

Mindan cocked an eye as Jacen made his way to the table and sat down with his tray.

”œI would avoid the fish Jacen. It's below average.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan left orders with the duty officer in the command centre that he was to be alerted the minute a reply came from Dubrillion, and made his way back to his quarters to rest and refresh, confident in the trainers ability to push Jacen. Placing his Comlink on the bedside unit, he headed for the refresher.

OOC: As there is not a ”œtrainer”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

OOC: Sorry”¦I had planned on that originally. However, I'm not really experienced in plain hand-to-hand combat. Sorry.

IC: The head trainer watched as Jacen took a blow to the head. However, he was pleased to see Jacen recover quickly. He grinned when Jacen returned the blow to the trainers head.

”œWell done Jacen, now finish him off, and even up the combat!”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan awoke to the buzzing of his comm.

Listening to the message he stood and drew on his boots and his coat.

"I understand Lord Reign. I am on my way now."

Making his way out of his quarters, he strode smoothly over to the guest quarters. The operative at Lord Reign's door nodded as he say Mindan approaching.

He picked up his comm and informed Lord Reign that Mindan was here to see him as requested. Mindan stood at ease, and waited.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindans only visible response to Lord Reigns offer was a raising of the eyebrows.

Mindan looked curiously at the man opposite him. He understood that this man was the original founder of Black Sun. But he was Black Sun no more. He had openly stated his intent to bankrupt this organisation. Mindan had made his allegiance to Piccolo and Black Sun. Not to this man. Lord Reign was owed the same courtesy of any guest plus some, as founder of the organisation. But that was where it ended. Personal pride and ego did have a place though.

"I am flattered by your offer of course Lord Reign. I take in high regard that you see fit to make this offer to me, and not one of the more senior Vigo's. I have been with Black Sun for only a short while. Why, may I ask, did you offer this to me, and not to a more senior Vigo?"

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan turned walked over to the window and looked out at the surrounding forest, admiring the quiet beauty of it all. He contemplated the offer, lining it up against his own sense of honour and his loyalty to Piccolo. Turning, he looked Lord Reign in the eye.

”œYou wish to know Black Sun's trade routes, ship manifests, and a list of the Vigo's serving along those routes? The problem is that I am a man of honour. Piccolo asked me for my loyalty, and I said to him that once I had sworn loyalty, I did not change my mind and serve another on a whim. These requests border very closely on breaching that honour. Yet your offer is tempting. To be a true leader of men is a challenge I miss.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan took this in quietly. He knew that in terms of Black Sun, he was only a raw recruit. But he also knew that he was capable of the job.

”œPiccolo has given his blessing. So I am with you on this project Lord Reign.”

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

"With all due respect Lord Reign, I will meet you there. I do not like to leave leave Laayla on a planet I am not on. I will report to you ont Coruscant."

Mindan bowed and made his way to Laayla and began preflight. Lifting off, he set course and flew out of the atmosphere waiting for the navicomp to finish its hyperspace calculations. When it pinged it completion, Mindan pulled back on the hyperdrive levers and the stars burst into lines.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

• 7 months later...

Mindan was notified of Duo's arrival when the operative gave him the datapad. Putting it in a safebox for Piccolo to peruse when he arrived, Mindan went to see Duo.

"Welcome back to Artus Duo. It has been a while. Piccolo has sent orders that we are to prepare for a mission. I will have a number of operatives preparing for it, however I want you to take a few days off to relax after your last mission. It was long and I imagine rather stressful. I would like you t ready yourself when you are ready. Until then, consider yourself at liberty. The only restrictions are don't leave the planet, and no offworld communications."

Mindan nodded a goodbye to Duo and returned to the Main Control Center by way of the mess hall, where he stopped to get a pastry for some sustenance.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mindan awoke from a deep slumber feeling slightly groggy. Making his way to the fresher he allowed the scalding hto water to wake him up and remove the sleep from his mind.

Drying and dressing himself, he made his way to the main command room and asked for an update on the status of Black Sun.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan recieved the comm message and raised an eyebrow thoughtfully.

"Returned at last has he. It will be most interesting to see what he has to say fro himself."

Turning and moving towards the interrogation room, Mindan stationed himself in the observation room and looked in through the one way glass knowing that he could not be seen or heard. It would be interesting to see the "reunion" between the two men.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Mindan made his way into the interogation room without removing his glasses, withoug uttering a single sound. He fixed Kal a look and stared at him as he assumed a relaxed yetr alert at ease stance. He had heard Kals explanation, and it did make sense, in a way. But he wondered just how "native" Kal had gone during his time at the Link.

Looking to Jacen, Mindan waited for an explanation.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png