Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

She made wrapping the robes look so easy, and admittedly it was, he'd just never seen it before. "Thanks," he managed, as he set about tying the rest around the front. That was the easy part. The robes were so airy and light, it felt a little awkward, almost like he was barely wearing anything at all, but he'd get used to it. If the Jedi could do it, so could he. His mind snapped back to the present, to the questions she'd asked, and his memories raced through his conscious.

"Uhh, I'm not sure. I know the Jedi prefer kyber crystals because of how they tie into the Force, but I do remember that the holocron said in a pinch there are several materials that will serve the same purpose. Technologically speaking, the tradition of using a kyber crystal is really just a tradition. Granted, I managed to snag mine from a smuggler back on Nar Shaddaa, and even though according to tradition the kyber crystal is supposed to choose you, I haven't had any problems."

He hefted his own saber in his hands, pointing out a few spots on the casing, how it used to be part of a power relay assembly. "I mean, it might look nice, but that's just because I'm pretty good at keeping it polished and maintained. Everything except the crystal is secondhand from something. Certain minerals and crystalline substances can be used as the main focal crystal, I just don't know what they are off the top of my head." The last bit came out almost apologetic, Aidan had wanted to be more help than he currently was, but he simply didn't have the expertise. There was something else too, almost an afterthought, and he paused a moment before saying it because he wasn't sure if it would even help.

"Also...the holocron said something about 'if all else fails, trust in the Force,' almost as a fix-all. I don't know how helpful that might actually be, but...I can't imagine my dad would have recorded that information if it wasn't useful somehow. Maybe I can help scour the place for some usable parts if you like?"

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

It was embarrassing of her to admit that she did not know very much at all about lightsaber crystals, how they were made or grown, or how they functioned. She had heard the word kyber before, but her training had mostly consisted of non stop combat missions since she had set the first foot into being a teenager. She had nearly a decade of experience in the Jedi Order, but...

“I must admit.” She felt the quick rush of embarrassment flood over her pale face. “I may need to rely on you more than I normally do on this lightsaber building stuff..” She glanced at the chronometer that sat on the rough stone wall. “I only ever built a training lightsaber, and even that was mostly done by my master. She would get frustrated if I took a long time.” She laughed regrettably. “But I can certainly trust the force.” 

She looked at his grey outfit and bit her lip before shaking her head. “Yes, let's try to find the spare parts before we leave. The crystal may have to wait though until after we are done at Felucia.” She looked up to the embedded lighting panels and let a sly grin creep over her face. “Here, help me up, if I remember from when I was a kid, the ballasts in glow panels have the same kind of rapid charge batteries we need.” 

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Looking up, a frown crossed his face. He didn't like salvaging tech in use, but...any port in a storm, he supposed. "Just...grab the middle one so the light still looks balanced, like it's supposed to be like that." He held his hands low, indicating for her to step in so he could boost her up. A minute or so later, and she had her power cell.

"Come on, we should head to the shuttle refueling pads, they'll probably have some tech lying around. Maybe we'll get lucky. Worse comes to worse we can probably cannibalize the shuttle I took here a bit. It's small and old and doesn't have weapons, I doubt anyone back in the fleet would care. They probably used it for external maintenance." 

As he walked with her, the thought rang around in his head about what his father's holocron had said. All else fails, trust in the Force. Such an odd thing to mention, especially to a Jedi who practically would have had that as their internalized mantra by the time they got to that lesson. There had to be some other reason. Could the Force somehow be used to manipulate matter at an atomic scale? Could they...create their own crystal?

He'd look into it later, but right now they were wistful thoughts of a desperate mind. He was trained never to seek the easy path, rather to take the right path, and the one that made the most sense right now was to try and source the parts themselves.

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

Alliera had taken off her helmet, in an effort to appear more human, and it was under one arm as she followed her new Master. The soft clinking of her metallic boots hitting stone sounded in the hall as she followed the elder master into the massive Temple. This was a whole different beast then the temple on the Smugger's Moon. When she was offered a seat, Alliera took it, resting her helmet beside here as she looked into the pool. "The other Temple said the force was this kind of 'energy field', or something, that was all around us and inside us...it bound us all together." Alliera said, looking from the pool to Her Master "...but then I felt it...I-I don't know WHAT it is, but it's big and it's all around us, and it's warm." That did match up with what most of the teachings had told her so far, as well as anecdotes from other people she had asked, but her own experiance felt much more personal. "I guess it mostly lines up, but I don't really know...it was the first and only time I've touched the Force so far."  

Kirlocca slowly nodded his head as Alliera spoke. Her hesitation in even explaining that of which she did know informed him of exactly where she stood with it. Even as the two sat, he could feel the currents of the Force flowing powerfully like a river, it washed over her, but she did not touch it or embrace it yet. He then turned his head towards the growth of plant life that was a wild and weird mix of overgrowth and recently maintained from the time he had brought staff in to the temple. 

<< Reach out then and feel the Force... >>

Kirlocca closed his own eyes to help guide her. He waited for her to close her eyes before he continued on. 

<< ...Feel the life around, the Force around you. Feel how it stems from the life of the planets and water near us... >>

The Jedi kept his own presence within the Force strong and radianting for Alliera to feel. He then touched her through the Force. 

<< ...Can you feel me within the Force? If so, I want for you to reach out and touch back... >>

She climbed up, letting him boost her until she could reach the side panel, and quickly disconnected the white laminate covered battery. It was roughly the same size as the battery in her old lightsaber, though its connectors were different. She wrinkled her nose while looking at the connectors then shrugged as she climbed back down off of Aidan. She would figure that all out as it went, and as Aidan had opined, she needed to trust the force. It would provide, or it would not.

She grabbed her kit from near the bed and flipped open her datapad/comm. She typed off a quick message to Knight Leena and a few others who she was sure would be the most helpful in treating the plague on Felucia. She snapped the pad closed and tossed it back into her rucksack, before following Aidan into the shuttle bay. 

They were being loaded in earnest, and she let her presence drift out to find any parts that she could not immediately see. The only thing that stood out was a small amount amarathine tubing that was laying beside one of the workbenches. She picked it up and looked to one of the technicians who shrugged in return. So she scooped that into her rucksack and then bounded into the shuttle. She waited for Aidan to board and indicated the seat beside hers. 

“Hey.” She let her presence mingle with his in a way that made the twi’lek pilots head snap around quizzically before she looked back at the flight controls. “Whatever happens out there. I love you.” She placed her hand into his and held it tightly as the engines began to stir to life. 

Calix Meus Inebrians

Johan walked down the ramp of the shuttle looking back and forth nervously, and tossing his 'Master's' disabled sabre in his hand. He had never felt a concentration of force energy any where near this powerful before (not that, with only a few weeks of prep from Tar'ak Sur, he had a chance to feel many besides his own and Tar'ak's). Tar'ak had told the Jedi on planet that he was coming with a new initiate, but had been taken out by Sith aligned terrorists back on Dantooine right before the shuttle had arrived, despite Johan's attempts to save him. He only bestowed his disabled sabre and the advice to 'trust in the force', whatever that meant. after checking in with what passed for the 'port authorities he started asking after the closest Jedi holdings, hoping that they would believe him in regards to his story and find a new master to train him.

Alliera opened herself up to the force, just as her master requested, even closing her eyes as he did. The Force was all around this place, the flowing THING she felt earlier was more present here than at Nar Shadda, the area around her was almost as bright in the force as a star. For a solid minute, she was almost lost in the force, nearly taken by the massive flow of the planet. Something stopped it though, a massive anchor in the force kept her in place, she realized this must be Master Kirlocca. Using her Master as an anchor, she was able to steady herself, and look through the flow of the force...to try and find what he was talking about. He was right, the water and the lifeforms in and around the temple were also major focal points and sources for the flow of the force. "There's so many of them..." Then she felt her anchor 'touch' her, and so she touched him back. 

The dock authority officer looked at @Johan Fae with a look of sheer amusement for a moment before lifting his hand and pointing towards the massive hourglass shaped building that loomed over the majority of the city of Knossa. "You don't need to look very far for the Jedi. That's their temple. Rebuilt only in the past three years or so. I'm sure anyone inside could easily help you find what you're looking for. In fact, I heard Jedi Master Kirlocca is there now. Can't miss the giant Wookiee." The officer then waved Johan on and returned to his work. 

Kirlocca took a breath in as he felt Alliera within the Force reach out. He was indeed impressed with her. Without much training, she held such an innate grasp upon the Force. For him, he felt like she may be one of his strongest apprentices yet. But control and much discipline would be required of her to advance to such a state of masterfulness. Through the Force, he spoke within her mind. "In the life around you, feel it's life awake and alive. Part of being a Jedi means we must act always to protect such life." Kirlocca opened his owns eyes now, still very much standing like an anchor for Alliera in the Force. But now he spoke with his actual words. 

<< Your life in following the Force is one of service and sacrifice. To become a Jedi requires a strong commitment. That commitment allows for a Jedi way closely follow a code that guides their actions to preserve peace and harmony in the galaxy. It is here where you will learn this code and begin your journey to discover what it truly means to be a Jedi. >>

"Thanks" Johan replied, walking towards the temple. Upon a second scan of the surrounding using the force (directed mostly towards the temple) he was able to identify several force 'signatures' of comparable strength to Tar'ak's, presumably one of which was this Kirlocca, though he was not able to tell anything other than the 'size' of the signature. He greeted several Jedi and temple staff/guards, and managed to find a couple to give him directions towards Kirlocca in short order. As he approached the massive Wookie 'hard to miss indeed' he called out in greeting.

"Excuse me, Master Kirlocca? I was told to seek you out at the by a dock officer, I was taken on by Master Tar'ak Sur, I believe he called the temple" Johan fought to keep eye contact with the giant Wookie, and thumbed the lightsaber still in his hand, worried that the Jedi may take Tar'ak's absence, and his possession of his saber, the wrong way.

She gave his stern face a loving kiss until she could feel the set of his jaw fall away into a smile. Only then did she break away, matching his smile with her own before she squeezed his hand.

“I love you Aidan, don’t forget it.” She looked at the waiting shuttle, but knew that he had his own journey to pursue. His own order had different objectives, a different life. And they could always see each other again in a few weeks. Right

Her heartstrings fluttered in anticipation but she smiled warmly, then turned and strode into the shuttle. Leaving the Imperial Knight behind. 

Calix Meus Inebrians

Kirlocca took a moment and looked at the approaching presence in the Force. A young man was headed his and Alliera's way.  His blue eyes almost stood out against his dark hair and the way he carried himself told the Jedi Master that he was familiar with the Jedi Order, and the way he dressed suggested perhaps he held some sort of training before hand. He then got close enough to speak and the words and actions of the young man surprised him. He left much to be wanted, but not so much that would panic him. The presence of a lightsaber that clearly belonged to someone else was a bit strange. Looking him over, he reached out his own paw towards the young man in a way to suggested that he wanted to examine the lightsaber. 

<< I do not know Master Tar'ak Sur personally. But that is simply because I have not been back long enough to familiarize myself with everyone... Do you have a name?  I am almost certain that you have a story. All living beings do. >>

He handed over the saber without hesitation, and while he seemed momentarily startled by the presence in his mind he quickly responded.

"Johan Fae, Master. Master Tar'ak recruited, for lack of a better term, on Dantooine. After a few week to prep work alongside helping him finish his work there, mediating some issues between parts of the local government, we went to the capital to get a shuttle to Ossus. We we're ambushed by sith sympathizers, Master Tar'ak died in the fighting, though me and the security forces we're able to drive off what little remained after there efforts. He gave me his lightsaber and told me to trust in the force, I presumed I should start by coming here as originally intended."

He shuffled from foot to foot but didn't break eye contact. 

"As for before I met Master Tar'ak? not much to tell in truth, I have a fairly good education by Dantoonine standards, but I've been helping on my family farm or helping in the local clinic most of my life. The most 'exciting' things I've done are help drive off Kath hounds or thieves, and helped patch people up after the fact. I know several of my ancestors have been sensitive to the force, and we had one join the temple that was once on Dantooine, but that was a VERY long time ago, other than that we have been mostly farmers, nurses and occasionally military." he added, with just a touch of pride when he mentioned both the minor military history his family had and the medical history, both his and his family's.

Edited by Johan Fae

Kirlocca let out a long breath, but more out of processing information. His own eyes narrowed as he looked at the young man. Johan Fae held a background that was more interesting than perhaps maybe the man realized. A family of tradition gave far more history and detail than many would even begin to comprehend. With a slow nod of his head, he allowed for a slight smile to appear upon his face as he lifted up his left paw and pointed to Alliera. 

<< Well then Johan, you may have come to the right spot. I just finished telling Alliera here that your life in following the Force is one of service and sacrifice. To become a Jedi requires a strong commitment. A commitment I feel like your history may have bred you for. Is that your desire? >>

The Jedi Master folded his arms and awaited for Johan to respond. If the answer was similar to Alliera, the Jedi Master would help the young man begin his road to become a Jedi. 

Johan smiled at Kirlocca and buried his nerves to respond properly.

"Yes Master Kirlocca, I feel that the Jedi order will allow me to help protect and improve peoples lives as I have always wanted. And from what little Master Tar'ak was able to teach me in our time together I think I can learn to follow the teachings of the order. My family might not have much in the way of fame, but they have worked to protect and help others in times of war and pursue honest work in times of peace, something I would like to continue"

He felt a flicker of worry for how his family would be fairing, but shook to off, they would be fine with his sibling and neighbors to help them, and they had given him there blessing to leave.

Edited by Johan Fae

Kirlocca slowly nodded his head at Johan. A very slight eyebrow raise as well was about all of the indication that the Jedi Master gave the young man on how he was being perceived. 

<< Indeed. Reach out then and feel the Force. Close your eyes and allow for it to flow through you, connect you, reveal to you... >>

The Wookiee now moved to sit on the side of the pool, closing his own eyes and letting the Force move. He could feel things stir almost immediately, but instead wanted to see how much the two before him could feel and sense. 

"I originally joined the Rebel Alliance because I saw what my people had helped to do because of our greed." Alliera said, resolution in her eyes "I want to learn the code, I want to become a Jedi, and protect people." Alliera was determined, becoming a Jedi would mean that there would be danger from the sith, absolutely...but that was true of the Galaxy in general now'a'days anyway, and at least this way she had close the maximum potential to save lives. While Kirlocca talked to the other student, Alliera stayed relatively quiet, she didn't want to interrupt her master while he was doing The Jedi Master thing. When he said for Johan to reach out to the force, she decided to try too as well, to get more practice. Alliera felt the force around herself once again, trying to get into touch with the planet around her again. She didn't have a goal this time, she was just feeling, no direction. There was something stirring, but she couldn't feel exactly what. 

Johan joined Kirlocca by the pool and after a moment cast out his senses, trying to reach at least the full temple (enclave?). It was difficult to identify much about the different signatures (though he has able to identify another Wookie based on the signature he knew to be Kirlocca's), but he was able identify rough physical size and the strength of a beings force connection, in a very general sense. he felt the vast number of fairly powerful force signatures he presumed to be knights, along with a few either weaker or stronger that we're likely Padawan's or masters respectively. there we're a few very weak connection he though were non-force sensitives within the temple. He hummed in mild surprise at the almost imperceptible force a nearby plant gave off, which was enough to break his concentration.

"Tar'ak had said that all life had the force running through it but I had not felt it until now, perhaps my senses are stronger near so many other force sensitive's, or maybe the plants connection is?" Johan whispered to himself

Kirlocca smiled as he could feel the emotions and Force alone just stirring within the two before him. The two felt very sure and steady within the Force, yet their emotions said something else for both as well. Still both young and inexperienced within the Force, the Jedi Master was able to feel them both out as they explored. Looking for a moment at Alliera, as he could tell she found a current. He had an idea of what she was feeling, but he wanted to push her a bit on it. But he choose to let her sit within the feeling as he spoke to Johan. 

<< Those within the Force can either give off small or large presences. Since all life is connected to the Force, you are able to feel out many. Some naturally have a larger signature than others, while sometimes with great training, one can increase or decrease their presence to avoid being detected by those within the Force. >>

As the Wookiee spoke the words, he slowly withdrew his presence so that it would be noticed, and then slowly brought it back. Continuing on, he now spoke in a way to address what he was sure Alliera was feeling. 

<< One can also feel the very currents and ripples within the Force itself. They sometimes warn or guide us. Sometimes such feelings can also deceive us, as others who are trained can influence the ripples and create something that is not there. Tell me Alliera, what do you sense? >>

Kirlocca turned towards her now, letting it be known that he could indeed feel what she was sensing. Although he was sure that Johan would also indeed begin to feel out much like Alliera just did. 

As he waited for Kirlocca to finish helping Alliera, Johan slowly sunk back into the force, this time looking more closely at the presences' in the temple, realizing that several of the signatures he assumed to be non-force sensitives seemed to be simply dulling their presence, perhaps practicing the technique. He began to look at various characteristics of the signatures, noticing that that, after focusing on the presences of the various people in the room while gauging their mood he could begin to get a vague sense of the mood of those he felt, the 2 Padawan's snickering at a joke across the room felt very similar to a small group the floor above, likely also laughing.

KIrlocca turned back towards Johan with a smile. 

<< You are doing very well in reaching out and finding those within the Force and those not connected to it Johan. Perhaps a final lesson is needed in this for the moment. >>

The Jedi Master could feel ripples begin to echo off from far off planets and other users. Because he could sense it, he wasn't sure if Johan would be able to or not. 

<< Can you reach out and feel not people, things and other manners of life. But can you feel what's being carried within the Force itself? With the very small and tiny ripples that come across the galaxy? The weight of them and how they move? What do you sense from them? I will give you some time to feel this out, and then perhaps maybe we shall start a new lesson. >>

• 2 weeks later...

Johan nodded lightly and attempted to figure out what the Wookie Master was referring to, he could vaguely feel him casting his senses out, but had little idea what he was trying to-

'Oh' it was distant, and took several minutes but he could feel something, unfathomably far away, similar to the feeling he had come to realize was the planet itself, though he could not yet tell much about them, the stronger presences ones he presumed to be either ones full of life (Civilized or wild) or ones with some high connection to the force. there was something else, presences like those in the temple, but they flickered in and out of his perception, there but never long enough to focus on. 

Alliera tried her best to follow the current, to find what she was feeling, but she lost it. It was lost in the everflowing feeling of the force around her. Alliera could feel her fellow student as he explored on his own, she could feel her new Master as he helped the student...she could feel the anxiety of failing. The cold clawing feeling of not living up to an expectation was something Alliera was used to, and hated every minute of. So she tried to reach deeper into the force, but she was starting to loose focus due to her own feelings, so she eventually pulled back. One thing her family had taught her was that if there was something that vexed her, the best thing to do was to pull back and try to examine it from another angle...luckily she had her master here to help. "I lost it Master, I can't find the cause of the ripple I was feeling." Alliera said, looking up at her master for a moment "It might have been nothing." 

Kirlocca let the Force work through both students. Letting them feel out what they needed to feel before he spoke. He allowed for his own presence to overtake them for a quick second before he withdrew it. He took a second to address both students and what they felt, and to respond directly to Alliera before talking to both.

<< Lost it you did not. Not everything felt within the Force needs to be felt. While you may not feel it anymore it is supposed to leave you. But be careful when treading in the Force, for there is much to be felt and a lot to be desired. With such proper training, one could easily feel motives, desires, intent, purpose and even futures of those connected to the Force. But such requires a great deal of training and learning. And you should know that such knowledge of comes with wisdom. To gain such knowledge without wisdom is a path that will consume you. For few who start down that path will ever be satisfied with the true knowledge, and in not knowing the true knowledge, will only ever seek other ways until they have become nothing. >> 

Kirlocca now turned his head and looked out towards the main entrance of the Temple of which they stood. The soft sounds of both the breeze in the air, the sound of water running near the pool of which the the group stood. The humming of machinery working, and every so often the sounds of ships coming and going from the space port. To the Jedi Master, such sounds were a joy to hear. Keeping his eyes upon the entrance, he spoke in a quiet voice. 

<< And what then shall we do? To feel and know the Force is the beginning. To know the code is a guide. To train is to learn it’s rhythms and movements. To be a Jedi is to share such skills with others… >>

Kirlocca now turned his head at both Johan and Alliera with a smile. At this point, he was letting both decide what path they wanted to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Alliera supposed that made sense, in a weird sort of way, the Force had alot of stuff to feel and knowledge to be gained. So it was dangerous to delve too deeply before you were ready...Alliera thought, being a Jedi involved alot more philosophical puzzling than she anticipated, but it likely came with the territory now that she thought about it. The Force was this great metaphysical 'thing', and as her Great-Uncle always said before he died: "Baby Girl, when dealing with things that venture into the Metaphysical, a great heapin' pile of Philosiphizing isn't too far behind..." It was a rather oddly specific phrase, but her Great-Uncle was full of that kinda thing...well, that and shrapnel... Alliera visibly shook her head though, she had lost focus for a moment. Master Kirlocca was speaking, so she focused. "I'm ready to learn Master." Alliera said, enjoying the ambiance of the moment with her Master. 

Johan thought for a moment before nodding his head at Alliera's responce "as am I, Master Tar'ak believed I could do this, and everything I have learned and heard about the Order tells me this is the right path" the force seemed to do, something at his response, not a affirmation of his choice or a telling sign that he was on the right path, but an acceptance of his decision. he bowed slightly to the the Master infront of him "I hope I live up to that belief" Johan whispered to himself.

Kirlocca gave a smile to both and nodded his head in the direction of the main entrance. As he started to speak, he also began to walk towards the stairs. 

<< Well Johan and Alliera, we are now headed into the Galaxy. From there, you will gain some valuable experience in what being a Jedi really is all about. >>

As the Jedi Master reached the top of the stairs, he pointed towards the starport letting both know that they were about to leave the planet. 

<< The Galaxy is long overdue to have the famous Jedi Wookiee enter the defense scene. We are headed towards the front lines... >>

Without saying much of anything else, the Wookiee began to walk down the stairs of the entrance of the Jedi Temple. The small group was about to be entered into the galaxy at large and the confrontations the Jedi Order needed to be apart of. 

• 2 weeks later...

Johan re-clipped the disabled sabre to the back of his belt and slung his bag. With the comfort of the weight of his blaster pistol on his hip and the Jedi Master in front of him he felt only a bit of fear at the possibility of open combat, which was further alleviated by the thought that he may play a (however small) part in stopping the current sith push and help people. He cast a Grin at Alliera and fell in a few steps behind and to the side of the Master, nearly Jogging to keep up with large Wookie.

"I only hope to be of some help Master"

Alliera started following Master Kirlocca with Johan, grinning back at the other padawan as they went. It took a moment for Alliera realized that she may need to pick up something. "I'll be right back Master, I need to go get some things from my ship." Alliera said, as she jogged off. When she made it to the Jolly Dancer, Alliera put her helmet back on her head, and started gathering things from the cargo hatch of the old Y-Wing. It was a bit of a choice on what to take, but considering the likelyhood of fighting Sith, she decided that taking the Ori'Vod would be a safe bet. So she grabbed it's harness and attached it to the hardpoints on her armor, as well as the various ammo packs that would allow her to keep her weapons fed with ammo. The various other pieces of equipment came then, filling out various pockets on her armor with all kinds of fun things, ending with a vibroknife being slipped into an obvious sheath on her upper arm. With all that equipped, Alliera closed the cargo door, and relocked the ship. Alliera then rushed back to where Her Master and Johan had been, and found them easily. "One thing that's going to be really nice about studying under our Master here?" Alliera said to Johan as she caught up, gesturing to Kirlocca "We arn't likely to loose track of him any time soon." 

Kirlocca almost smiled as he could hear Alliera's comment about not losing track of him, but choose instead to let the comment pass by without any notice. Without much of another word spoken at all, the Wookiee moved both young Jedi to the spaceport where a shuttle was resting. 

<< You both will find that helpful is a relative term. We are going to aid, and whether or not we are helpful will be decided by others. For now, let us depart. I fear we may be on the late side upon our arrival anyways. >>

Kirlocca quickly ushered both onto the shuttle and had it off to the rally point. Soon all three were on there way to rendezvous with the Rebel fleet...