Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

Aelyn was eager to talk to her parents, and I didn't blame her. She excused herself while I paid the bill. I sensed she had already made her decision, but time would tell. I headed back to the hotel. There was a note stuck to my door in a neat, precise handwriting I didn't recognize.

Aira,

Join me for breakfast in the morning? The free hotel breakfast starts at 7.

Apollo

I smiled and grabbed the note off the door as I went in. I really liked him. I really hoped that we would be able to continue to get to know each other better; I could see us becoming really good friends.

As I hopped in the sanisteam, my thoughts turned to Aelyn. I had a good feeling about her. Despite her protests, I believed she would make a really good Jedi. The Order needed everyone they could get right now, too, and with her potential, she was sure to find a master quickly. Her life would never be the same...but I believed that it would be good.

Still turning over the events of the day in my mind, I toweled off, threw on my pajamas, and fell into bed, slipping easily into a dreamless sleep.

The morning dawned bright, clear, and peaceful. I got up early and did some calisthenics, then spent some time in meditation. Then I packed up my armor and weapons into a large backpack I had found on the ruined Corvette, and threw on some casual non-Jedi clothing. Apollo knocked on my door around 7:10, and I opened it with a smile.

"Good morning. Ready for breakfast?"

"Absolutely!" I replied. "I think my stomach is still on Corellia time."

We headed downstairs and grabbed some food from the buffet. As we ate, I filled Apollo in on what had happened last night, and then we chatted about Apollo's new role and what that might look like. I filled him in on some key personages, although we kept our conversation quiet and I casually redirected anyone who got too close. Even on a peaceful planet like this, you couldn't be too careful. Bounty hunters or Sith spies could be anywhere.

I was sipping some caf when Apollo suddenly leaned forward. "Aira, I...I just wanted to say sorry for last night. I hope you didn't feel...awkward, or uncomfortable or anything."

I placed my hand on top of his where it was resting on the table. "Apollo. It's okay. I didn't mind." I gave him a small smile.

He coughed. "Good. I mean, okay. Well then."

A chime at my comlink gave him relief. "Saved by the chime," I said with a wink. "Hello?"

It was Aelyn, asking to meet with me in fifteen minutes. "That's fine. Room 1842. Come right up when you arrive." I hung up and rose. "She's on her way."

We took our plates to the receptacle, then headed back upstairs. Apollo grabbed his stuff and came into the sitting area in my room while I brushed my teeth and checked my reflection in the mirror. Good enough. I'd make sure I changed into my Jedi robes before meeting with the rest of the Jedi, but I'd have plenty of time during the long walk to the temple.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

As soon as the reply came back, Aelyn left the Open Road and headed over to the address on the flimsy. The future was uncertain, but that was business as usual for her when things were at their best. Part of the appeal had always been that sense of exploration and forward movement into the unfamiliar. It kept her from getting complacent, and the last thing she ever wanted was a stagnant life. The important thing wasn't that her surroundings remained stable, it was that she knew who she was and she didn't back down from doing the right thing, Jedi or not.

So in high spirits she made the trip and took the turbolift up to the 18th floor of the tall hotel building, quickly finding the room and knocking on the door.

When Aira answered, Aelyn greeted her with a smile. "Good morning!" she said. She'd put her hair up in a long ponytail and was wearing practical clothes and boots that were clearly more for traveling than a day on the town. "Overall I think they took the news surprisingly well. I mean, Mom might have cried a little, and they both stipulated that I make time to call and visit."

As Aira invited her in, Aelyn accepted wordlessly, but was surprised to see the man sitting inside. "Oh, you must be the Ambassador!" she said, reaching to shake his hand. "I'm Aelyn Talis."

She glanced significantly at Aira before looking back at the ambassador. "I'm your ride to the Temple."

B7kIdWt.jpg

I smiled as Aelyn came in. "I'm glad to hear it," I replied. "And of course you should still visit them. I need to be better about visiting my own family, too." The red-head strode forward to greet Apollo.

He rose and returned her handshake. "Hello, I'm Apollo Antilles Vine." Aelyn shot me a look before telling Apollo she was our ride.

"And we're very grateful for that, too," I chimed in. "We're ready to go, Aelyn, if you are. Once we're on your ship, I can give you the coordinates." I dropped my voice. "It's not far from here."

We grabbed our bags--not that we had much stuff--and took the lift down to the lobby. I checked us out and paid for the room, then we headed out, walking over to where Aelyn's ship was. Entering the hangar, I didn't recognize the ship in the hangar, besides that it was some type of freighter.

"Oh, is that an NK-Witell freighter?" Apollo asked Aelyn. "You don't see many of those."

Aelyn raised her eyebrows at the ambassador. "That's right," she said. "It's nothing special, but it was cheap. You must really know your freighters." She lowered the boarding ramp and let Aira and Apollo on board.

"Aira didn't tell me much about you, but said your people hid from the Sith on a sleeper ship a long time ago. I would have thought that would include you, but the NK-Witell hasn't been around that long, has it?" she observed as they headed up to the cockpit. The whole story seemed a little more terrifying now that she thought about the man in front of her being directly involved in it. To be so desperate and scared for the future of your people that you saved as many as you could aboard a ship in stasis hoping that they would escape some kind of bioengineered plague... it would likely be the defining event in the life of anyone that experienced it, and not in a good way, even if some of them now lived to tell the tale.

"I can't even imagine what it would have been like," she said, sitting down in the pilot's chair and offering Aira the copilot's station so that she could help navigate to whatever secret location was their destination.

B7kIdWt.jpg

Apollo laughed. "Well, I used to make a living as a ship tech, so I've seen a lot of different ships in my day." He sobered however when Aelyn mentioned the sleeper ship. "Yes, the Sith came to my planet decades ago. They infected half of our population with a virus that could make them into Sith slaves at a moment's whim. But we weren't going to just sit around and let that happen. The infected members of our population voted to go into isolation, to segregate themselves on a sleeper ship and sail the stars. After all, the Sith couldn't use them if they couldn't find them, right?" His gaze looked sad and thoughtful as we entered the cockpit. He sat down in a jumpseat and began to strap himself in. "Our scientists searched for a cure for years, turning outward when our own technology failed us. And eventually, I found it. A cure that would save my people. But someone else had found out about this whole thing--a criminal organization called Black Fist. Thank the Force that Aira and Master Dashel just so happened to be working to take down that organization. Black Fist had captured me and gotten the location of the ship out of me. But Aira rescued me." He looked at me with a warm smile. "Together, we raced Black Fist to the ship, and held them off long enough to dispense the cure to my people. They're safe, and it's all thanks to these amazing Jedi."

I shook my head, but smiled, taking the seat Aelyn had left for me at the copilot's station and starting to punch the coordinates into the navicomputer. "You would have figured out a way to escape from that cell. Really that was all I did."

He shook his head, but turned his look back onto Aelyn. "All I care about now is that it's over. My people--including my sister--are free. They can get back to their lives, lives that had been ruined by the Sith. My people will never forget what Aira and Master Dashel did. That is why I was named an ambassador to the Jedi. We want to establish better connections with the Order. If the Jedi ever need us, we will be there. We owe them everything."

It was interesting hearing it from Apollo's perspective. For one who had been at first very hesitant to trust us, his tune had certainly changed. But I supposed that our actions had proven who we were--all of us. "Some days," I said softly. "Things work out."

I glanced at Aelyn. "Coordinates are set. You ready?"

As Aira and Apollo spoke, Aelyn's eyes flicked back and forth between them. They had a pretty good dynamic, and the way he'd been in Aira's room this morning, she wondered if they'd grown close during their ordeal. She'd never really thought about a Jedi's approach to romance, although they did have a rather monk-ish vibe to them. The private lives of most members of the Order weren't really discussed by the public, although she definitely knew that Admiral Starlisk had never married. She couldn't know what her own future would hold, but she did rather hope that path was not closed to her, in case the right person came along.

There were a lot of things she would have to discover about this new life she'd chosen. She kind of wanted to bombard Aira with questions now, but there would be a better time. However nice Apollo seemed, he couldn't possibly be interested in what amounted to her idle curiosity.

"I'm ready," she said in answer to Aira's question. "Let's go."

She cautiously maneuvered the ship out of the docking bay and took one pass over Hanna City before locking into her departure vector. She hadn't expected to be leaving Chandrila so soon, and she felt like she'd just started getting to know it and its people. But their destination coordinates were some Deep Core world she'd never heard of and certainly never visited, a brand new place to explore.

And even if I never come back, she thought as they passed through the upper atmosphere. Since Ordelus gave me his painting, I'm taking a piece of this place with me.

Moments later, the Open Road jumped into hyperspace, outracing sluggard light as it propelled its passengers across the stars and to the next chapter of their stories.

B7kIdWt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlocca made his slow approach to Hanna City in the JediAce, landing at one of the main docks. For him, this was his first visit to the planet. Nearly three hundred years with the Jedi and traveling the galaxy, this was his first visit to a planet so close to the core. Stepping out of his fighter he looked all around at what the city and planet had to offer. The mountains off in the horizon like individual spires to break the sunlight. Some even held spires upon them. Behind him was the Silver Sea, which was a beautiful sight to behold, even for someone who hated water. The reefs could be spotted from the landing pad of the dock. The sun was at it’s highest point by the time he had landed.

A man rushed up to him and began to setup fuel devices to the straighter as another came to collect his information to register the ship’s stay. Kirlocca gave a wave of his hand and use a simple mind trick to avoid getting registered as a Jedi, but made sure that he paid the man triple for doing such a thing. Once everything was taken care of, the Wookiee began to walk towards the turbolift to take down to to the walkway to the city. As he arrived down to the walkway, Kirlocca walked rather confidently with his typical Jedi robes back on towards the city. He passed a few tourist and crew workers moving their trade between the docks and the city. Upon arriving at the edge of the walkway near the city, there was a small boy walking around trying to pickpocket a few tourist. The Jedi Master watched him attempted a few people, almost all of them were failed attempts as the men and women spotted and caught on-forcing the boy to change tactics.

Kirlocca moved in such a way to put a bag full of fifteen credits openly easily enough to lift off his person and then moved past the boy towards a local caf shop so that the boy would get his heist from someone today. The credits were not important to him, as he did not need them, but the boy who was clearly marked by others was still attempting to try the impossible. Not like his credits would impact the boy, but it was the least he could do. Upon coming to the caf shop, he stopped and sat on one of the outdoor tables and ordered himself the strongest new they had and then just watched the people move past, as well as the skyline, which he hoped he would be able to spot Xae and her companions coming to the surface.

The Traitor's Hope burst out of hyperspace at the edge of the Chandrilan system with Jaina at the helm. Xae sat beside her in the co-pilot's seat deep in thought, unable to shake the sense that something greater was wrong. Aira might be right, she needed to trust in the Force a bit more, but that same trust is what was telling her something was wrong. It was a viciously cyclical puzzle and was giving the Exorcist a headache.

They sat down at the spaceport and Xae pinged Kirlocca's comm for the rendezvous point, though looking around the rest of the spaceport, his fighter wasn't hard to spot. Nor was the Wookiee sitting sipping from a much-too-tiny cup at one of the nearby cafes.

Visibly relaxing, Xae strode directly over to him and began to shove a few more of the smaller tables together, knowing that this was about to be a much larger gathering than she'd originally intended when she contacted the Jedi Master. "Thank you for meeting with us Master Kirlocca. We'll have a few more than expected joining us, much of the Order answered Dahar's summons. More than a few of us have questions and seek your guidance."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Kirlocca seemed only slightly surprised to hear that it would be more then Xae and Jaina, but he was now curious as to whom was going to show up, and what else might have caused such a stir. Dahar was a Jedi that Kirlocca had trained in his own style of Wru'torr and gave him his Jedi Master trials as the beckoning of Kitt. Now it seemed that not many had a good feeling after being with the man. Deep down, Kirlocca began to wonder if his thoughts on Tobias Vos had a bit more to do with it then he thought. Ignoring the worries of bounties, Kirlocca gave both Xae and Jaina a hug and then sat down again.

<< Please give me a detailed account of what brings you here. I have a hard time seeing Dahar is such a bad light... Tobias Vos I had doubts about, but Dahar... >>

Xae took a deep breath seeking serenity within her own emotions so she could only present the facts as she'd witnessed them. "He's named Tobias to the council and Vos has taken it upon himself, or under Dahar's orders, I don't know, to promote people, including myself, to the council. No trials, no other council recognition. I realize we don't really have one right now, but, for reasons I can't begin to put into words, it doesn't sit well with me."

"You fought beside us on Gala, I felt something within him then as well. I was in the medical treatment when he became Grandmaster, whether that was by his own self-appointment or not, I don't know."

She quieted as the server approached, setting several glasses of water on the table before disappearing to get more. Xae took the one closest to her and took a sip. "He also gave me control over the Eternal Vigilance, which somehow wound up in orbit above the temple on Tython. We've since relocated it within the secret safety of deep space. "The more I try to relax and trust in the Force, the more alarms seem to clang about in my head. The Darkness is nearing the Order, but I have no real proof to help determine what course we should take. Here is what Tobias gave me just after Jaina, Vos, and I left the council chambers where Dahar was holding audience."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

High above the orbit of Chandrila, the Sogno forcefully slid out of hyperspace into the cold, empty void. At the helm, Tares sat and gently glided the modified freighter into the upper atmosphere of the planet below. The edges of the cockpit glass began to glow with heat. Tares switched the controls to the auto landing and then proceeded to walk into the main hold where Skye and Tirzah were located.

"We should be settled on Chandrila within a couple of moments." He reported as he entered.

Looking around the hold, Tares scanned over Skye and Tirzah. He had so many questions of Skye, almost equal to the amount he had of Jaina. Much time had passed; there was so little time to catch up.

He took notice of Tirzah and began to see the similar features in her face to Jaina and Andon. He wondered if she had just joined the order along with her mother. It seemed odd she hadn't been at Jaina's side on the bridge, but kids seemed to have a way of separating and getting into trouble.

"I spoke with the others before we departed the EV. They are meeting with Master Kirlocca here on Chandrila to get his input on a few issues. I've picked up their location and have the ship programmed to set down nearby." He said.

Outside, the Sogno cleared the atmosphere and quickly descended for landing. After a couple of minutes, the ship came to a rest on an available landing pad close to the meeting place.

Tares opened the boarding ramp and motioned toward the opening, "Shall we?"

tares.jpg

Kirlocca was very intense on listening to Xae. Her words would carry great weight with him, as her valor on Gala was something worth noting. He did his best to not jump to any answer upon Xae taking breaks here and there, as he really wanted to give her a full wise answer to her inquiries. As she finished up, he thought for a moment to answer basics for her.

<< ... I left Dahar in charge as Grandmaster. I told him to let the remaining Jedi know that he was Grandmaster. He wasn't to form a council as of yet... >>

Kirlocca narrowed his eyes. The Jedi Master seemed to be acknowledge that Dahar was not being patient in his decision making, which in some cases would be a good thing to have a quick choice made. But for something as the leaders of the Jedi Order... That seemed very brash. He was also not a fan of the Eternal Vigilance showing back up in space again. He had hoped that such a station would remain hidden. With a frown, he began to wonder what the feeling in the Force is around Dahar right now...

<< I want to us to continue our Jedi Path for the moment... I need to meet with the Imperial remnant and talk what sort of things they had in mind. >>

Tirzah stuck close to Skye and Tares as they navigated the raucous space port and made their way towards a delicious-smelling cafe. Feeling about she found a seat near a familiar voice. Xae, as she recalled. Her hand brushed the shoulder of someone else (Jaina) and she shifted to the next seat beside her with a mumbled apology.

She jumped again at the unfamiliar sound of the Wookiee's speech, but wisely remained quiet since she really wasn't supposed to have been there in the first place.

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

The Open Road returned to Hanna City after just two days away from it, though to Aelyn it felt like much longer. Since she'd left her eyes had been opened to a whole new reality. As she put the ship through its landing cycle next to the other Jedi ships that had arrived in the spaceport, she eagerly opened herself to the Force to see the other, less tangible half of the city she'd so recently explored.

It was... actually kind of different from Tython, though the sense of all life on the planet being woven into an innate, interconnected tapestry remained. But this world did not shine as brightly, so to speak, as Tython. It kind of felt like how Jaina did compared to Master Skye, but layered there was a tremendous complexity. Tython's sentient population had been small, but Hanna City was full of people of every race and creed. They flavored the Force with their stories, both happy and sad. She felt the overall optimistic nature of the Chandrilan culture, how they strove to be at peace with each other and preserve their planet. But also there, lingering beneath it all was something... cold, even cruel. As she focused on it, it seemed to creep into the back of her mind like an icy tendril.

Aelyn shook her head. She hadn't expected to find anything like that in the Force. She was about to say something to Aira, but they were coming up on the group of Jedi that were gathering around a Wookiee. Aelyn was excited to meet Master Kirlocca, who was a famous war hero and had led the Jedi Order at times. To her, he was part of the half of the Jedi that civilians most often saw, someone like the famous Admiral Onderin Starlisk. Their militarism had been at first a sticking point with her desire to join the Jedi Order, but since then most of the Jedi she'd met hadn't seemed at all like she expected. Now she hoped to gain some insight to build an overall view of just what sort of people could be found in the Order as they embraced different callings.

B7kIdWt.jpg

"I spoke with the others before we departed the EV. They are meeting with Master Kirlocca here on Chandrila to get his input on a few issues. I've picked up their location and have the ship programmed to set down nearby." "Yes, Aelyn told us about the meeting with Master Kirlocca," the Healer smiled. It would be good to catch up with more of the Order, she had been 'asleep' for a long time. "Shall we?" "Certainly" Skye answered, smoothing down her white healer tunic as they all left the ship, making their way to the meeting place.

As they made their way through, Skye let her senses roam. With this many Jedi meeting in the open, she hoped that no one would attempt to collect the bounty. Part of her hoped that she would happen across her children... or perhaps Darla and the twins. The problem with having been in the meditative sleep was not keeping up with who was where and what was happening in the galaxy. Well she would begin here and find out. If any of her family had tried to contact her, I-Nine or Flitter would have woken her sooner. As it was, that obviously hadn't happened. Skye kept a close eye on Tirzah as they went, seeing how she navigated the world using the Force to 'see' what her eyes could not. Also she wanted to make sure her concussion didn't cause any dramas. As they joined the group her eyes still followed the young girl, recognising the young woman she chose to sit next to. Her eyes sparkled with pleasure at seeing more familiar faces. Waiting for a break in the conversation she took a seat next to Tirzah.

"Jaina, Xae, Master Kirlocca. I hope you are all well. It's a pleasure to see you all again." She couldn't recall the last time she had seen Jaina or Kirlocca though she had treated Xae not long before she went into her 'sleep'. The Healer took in the group, coming to rest upon Jaina, then Tirzah. Her gaze shifted between the two a few times before her eyes widened slightly. There was a very strong family resemblance. The girl also reminded her of someone else though for the moment she couldn't put her finger on it.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

It was when we aboard Aelyn's ship that I got the bomb dropped on me. Raven's message caught me off guard, and deeply troubled me. This was suspicious alone, but combined with Xae's strange feelings about everything? I knew that Exorcists were particularly gifted in sensing darkness in people. And while I had encouraged her to calm down, Raven's message made me wonder if she had been right to worry.

So I was quiet as we made our way back to the city we had just left two days earlier, lost in my thoughts. This really made me eager to go to Carida. And it also made me eager to hear what Master Kirlocca had to say. Unless he was in on this too.

Aelyn was busy looking around, and I could feel her testing her limits with the Force. As we approached the group of Jedi, I murmured to her. "Keep your mind open and your senses alert. I want to know your impressions afterwards of how this meeting goes."

There were more people at the table than I had met yet. But there wasn't much time for introductions. Xae was already talking to Kirlocca, spelling out her bad feelings. As I took a seat at the table, next to a small girl, Kirlocca began to rumble a reply, and I was grateful again that I hadn't forgotten my Shiryywook. << ... I left Dahar in charge as Grandmaster,>> Master Kirlocca was saying. <>

I spoke up at this point. "Master Kirlocca, it's good to see you again. As you probably remember, I have a unique relationship with the new Imperial Head of State Zinthos. She personally invited me to the discussions. But there has been a new wrinkle in all of this. As we were coming down from orbit, I received a message from her." I glanced around the table. Raven had wanted this kept quiet, and I agreed with her, but at the same time, I knew that this would be important to our discussions. Besides, I trusted the people around the table that I knew, and had no reason to distrust the others. "She has been contacted by Grandmaster Raikanda. Essentially he said that he has appointed a man called 'Lord Paragrin', and he almost outright ordered her to speak to no other Jedi but himself or this Lord." I kept my voice low. "He essentially said they were the only ones with the authority to do anything. She expressed her concern over this message, and I have to say, it strikes me as fishy too. If he plans on restructuring the Order, why do it in secret like this? Who is this Lord Paragrin and why does he have the Grandmaster's sole trust? Why bother naming people to the Jedi Council if he intends the council to not have political--internal or external--clout?"

I hesitated. "I'll play you the message from the Grandmaster if you wish."

Kirlocca just about changed his entire posture upon hearing Aira speak up about Raven Zinthos message. He couldn't figure out if what he was hearing was a joke or something real. The title of a Lord was extremely rare within the Jedi, so much that Kirlocca could only think of one Jedi with the title. But to make a call and declare to speak to not one seemed more like a paranoid leader. The Jedi Master thought for a moment before he spoke.

<< Yes Aira, please play me the message. I need to hear it for myself... >>

Kirlocca was still in disbelief that such things could be even spoken by a Jedi of Master status. But then again... The actions reminded him of Hou-Jo and is leadership. Luckily, after that mess, the Jedi Council did setup failsafes against something like that happening again. Kirlocca would hate to use them, but he would if he had to.

I nodded. "Yes, Master." Pulling out my comlink, I set it on the table and engaged it's speaker, then played the message.

When opened the holographic form of the Imperial Head of state would briefly bow and smile. "My friend, though I have not spoken to you in some few years, you are the only contact within the Jedi Order I trust, as such I look at you for guidance, attached is a message I would ask you not to openly share, lest it cause political disord within your order. Though I leave that decision in your hands. I seek your guidance on this transmission ere I respond. For it does not reflect the Order as I remember it. I hope this transmission finds you in good health." There was a pause, and then Dahar's message came through.

"Ms Zinthos. My name is Dahar Raikanda, I am the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. In future correspondences I would beseech you to speak only to me, or to my hand Lord Paragrin. We are the only two in the current re-structuring of the Order that will be of any administrative or tactical relevance to you. The concept of a Jedi "council" still exists but please note that with changing times roles are changing as well. I believe you and I may be on the same page regarding the Sith. I would like to discuss more in person. It would be prudent to meet in a safe and private place. You may reach me at my personal comm. I would appreciate it if you kept this correspondence, as well as any in the future, private. Should anyone approach you claiming to be part of the council please respectfully decline to meet with them. Only myself and Lord Paragrin will be able to assist you with more than just an oath..."

Kirlocca listened to the message with great detail. The words that Dahar's own voice spoke were something very strange and rooted in a place that the Jedi Master knew, but could not identify. After the message was done, he let out a long exhale and waited a good minute before he could even speak a word. He was sure that the rest of the Jedi and others in tow felt what he had felt with that message being played. He could even feel that others felt a much more stronger urge. He didn't want others to let their emotions get the best of the yet.

<< We must keep the Jedi Code before us. There is no Emotion, there is Peace. There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge. There is no Passion, there is Serenity. There is no Chaos, there is Harmony. >>

Kirlocca let those words hang for a good moment before he spoke again, as the Jedi ended to remain Jedi.

<< Dahar seems to have made a choice in his mind that is causing great stirs. But we are Jedi. We still have things that need to be done. The Imperial Remnant needs to be met with. Coruscant still needs relief aid. There are a much greater things to be seen to as well. We need to remain on our path and continue to do what Jedi should be doing, regardless of what's going on around us for the moment. >>

The Jedi Master now stood up and pushed his chair back in, but he made it clear that he was still addressing those around him.

<< As for Dahar, I will talk to him privately and deal with the issues he has brought up. But until you hear from me directly on what happened... go off gird. Disable your commlinks, disable your tracking on your ships. Use only credits that you have on you, take public transport when possible, and keep your heads low. I have a feeling that he may want to keep tabs on us, and he may already know that we are meeting here. Once you go off the radar, I have a few locations to setup as a backup for us to meet at. Phu has a Jedi enclave that has seen little use and was left rather unknown to the Jedi Order under strict orders from the Darkfire's. Tempay also has a temple that can be setup differently from the others as I built the defense systems on it and gave it a passcode that could automatically reset it. These will be our go to ground locations if things get bad. >>

Kirlocca turned and glanced at a stranger passing by rather slowly as they were listening in. Kirlocca waved a paw and used the Force to send them home.

<< Now, not everyone can come to this meeting with the Head of State Raven Zinthos. I need people to go to Coruscant and give relief aid. We also have a need for someone to go to these sites and confirm they are still useable. >>

The Wookiee turned towards Xae directly.

<< Xae, since you are the last Exorcist, I need you to go and track down a few relics. With the bounty on Force users, a lot of people are trying to claim credits on artifacts. I don't want these to fall into the wrong hands. Quietly track them down and lock them on the Eternal Vigilance. Also, find a permanent home for the station. >>

Kirlocca remained where e was standing before them. He wasn't sure if he was taking too much charge over the situation, but since they all came to him, he assumed they would follow his lead. And right now, they needed to be focused on being Jedi. Dahar and Kirlocca agreed that the Jedi needed to be active again. And active they will be. But for dealign with a leader that is doing things the wrong way, Kirlocca knew it was best for him alone to meet with Dahar. No one else.

Aelyn listened to the exchange with a growing sense of concern and confusion. She'd only just joined the Order and now all of these issues were coming out with the new Grand Master. She hadn't met Master Raikanda on Tython, but his words made him sound like someone who was jealously guarding the power and position that he had somehow attained. She wondered if it was normal for a Jedi to behave like this, and Kirlocca's words made it sound like this was not the first time. There was still so much she didn't know or understand about the Order. She desperately needed time.

For now she bit her tongue on her questions, realizing how far out of her depth she was. Master Kirlocca seemed very wise, and in the Force she could sense his determination to sort the situation out... and a certain underlying guilt for letting it get this far. He did seem like just the kind of Master that the Order needed to rally behind, but Aelyn was still missing context.

She noticed how he called on the Force, almost casually, and subtly changed the mind of someone who was walking by. The Force can do that?! she thought, a little alarmed. To actually plant a suggestion in someone's head, change what they were doing, was a power that would be incredibly easy to misuse. Did it work on everybody? It didn't take a very corrupt person to change the course of galactic history for the worse with a few applications of that ability. She decided to talk to Aira about it later, but for now she remained quiet. There would be opportunities.

B7kIdWt.jpg

Content, for the moment, to observe, rapt attention given to the Wookiee across the table, the translation streaming into her in-ear communicator, Jaina almost didn't notice the small brush past her shoulder. The mumbled "excuse me" caught her ears, however, and as she snapped a glance to her right, she fought to keep the surprise out of her face. Tirzah was here. The girl had somehow followed them from Tython. The rush of fear came almost instantaneously. It's not safe, she shouldn't be here... Visions filled her head of possible dangers the girl could face, or terrible fates that awaited her. Following a crew of Jedi Masters might seem like a safe place to be, but they also attracted more than their share of dangerous attention. As her daughter settled into the seat next to her, she caught a brief glimpse of the woman on her other side. Skye Organa--whom she had last laid eyes on at the Mimban blood fields. Wincing, she extended a warm greeting through the Force, hoping that the famed Healer wouldn't have noticed her while she looked on as Raynuk dragged Skye across the field by her hair.

With a calming breath, she let go of the panic for the moment. While her allegiance to the Order was admittedly shaky, the gathering around this table included some of the most skilled Jedi the galaxy had ever seen. If she could keep Tirzah close, that might even be better than having her hunker down on Tython.

A mischievous grin crossed her face, and the worked-up anger that had appeared with her daughter dissolved. If she needed any further proof that this girl was her daughter, here it was. Jaina herself would have never stayed out of the action just because someone had told her to wait for safety. In fact, that was what pushed her out of the Jedi Order in the first place. A vague memory of Adi-Wan swam before her eyes. "We're taking the fight to the Sith on Byss. I fear the darkness would be too strong for you to withstand... wait here for me.

Pushing the irksome thought away, she wrapped the girl in warmth as if she had laid an arm across her shoulders. The daughter of Andon Colos and Jaina Jade Skywalker wouldn't be sidelined. So, Jaina grinned, she would just have to keep the child close, like she intended anyways. You shouldn't be here, she whispered to the girl in the Force as Aira and Aelyn approached, teasing evident in her missive. Stay close, I'll keep you safe.

With Aira's presentation of the message from Zinthos, the sense of uneasiness grew within her. Perhaps she had chosen a poor time to return to the Order. The large amount of change in such a short time did not bode well, and history tended to repeat herself. Kirlocca's response, however, was swift and decisive. Tapping on her datapad as the others spoke, she recorded the locations of the safe houses mentioned before moving on to hack into the spaceport database here on Chandrila. It might be unnecessary, but she wasn't taking any chances. When the Sogno, the Open Road, and the Traitor's Hope had been erased from the logs, she tucked the datapad back into her bag.

As Kirlocca gave instructions to Xae, a brief thought flickered into her mind. Hunting relics... It was the same instruction Tobias Vos had given them on Tython, but for some reason, it was just now occurring to her that she had access to a library of relics that no other Jedi, save her own husband, would be allowed to enter. When the Wookiee's voice gave way to silence, Jaina turned to Xae. Her voice was quiet, but everyone at the table would be able to hear.

"John Skywalker had a vast library of Jedi and Sith knowledge in his Temple on Raxus Prime. Assuming the library is still standing, I have the codes to disable the defenses," she suggested. It'll be like coming home...

Gesturing to Tirzah, she met eyes with Skye. "If Master Organa plans to use her powers of healing to assist with relief aid on Coruscant, I can take charge of her patient." Jaina sent a silent urge from the Force, lacking explanation, but clear in its intent: she stays with me.

53bzzl2.png

I smiled to myself. I knew coming to Kirlocca had been a good idea. The Wookiee's natural leadership skills and decades of experience being a Jedi shone through in this moment. Kirlocca's advice strangely echoed what I had told Xae back on the Eternal Vigilance, and I was glad to know that it seemed to be coming from the Force. Kirlocca would take care of Dahar, and I could just go back to being a Jedi. Which is what I wanted to do anyway.

Nevertheless, Kirlocca's advice to go off-grid was wise. Never hurts to take precautions, I thought. But it showed that he was concerned, another thing I felt was wise.

I listened as he assigned Xae to look for relics, and Jaina offered to help her with the information from a Sith library she had access to. That was interesting. I wondered why she would have access. I shrugged. It didn't matter. "Aelyn and I will of course accompany you to Carida, Master," I said. "I know Raven is eager to see me...and I her."

Having arrived with Skye and Tirzah, Tares found himself sitting on the outskirts of the group, merely listening to the majority of the conversation. The ebb and flow of the talk was filled with a sense of urgency and determination. He, meanwhile, sat and stirred the hot beverage he had ordered several minutes before Aira’s arrival into the table’s discourse.

Tares listened to the playback as an outsider. He had never met the head of the Remnant and only knew of the grandmaster from talk and rumor during his time with the order. It certainly seemed to be an unexpected turn to find the Remnant helping Jedi while the grandmaster was cutting them off from the traditional responsibilities of a council. Tares confidently assumed each leader was acting within the interests of their orders, which was an underlying thread for many leaders.

He continued to listen as Kirlocca rose and reacted. The Jedi master’s assessment of the situation was sound, as it had been in similar situations in the past. I would be important not to overreact while also maintaining a pace of action. While it was tempting to dive back into the internal politics of the Jedi Order, Tares knew his role was required elsewhere.

Tares felt the slightest sense of panic arise nearby in the Force. He looked over the Jaina before making a quick scan to Tirzah. There was still a lot to that situation he knew nothing about.

“I've directed some of my company’s resources towards the relief efforts on Coruscant.” Tares explained when Kirlocca mentioned the recent events, “Whoever goes to Coruscant can use those in the relief

He shifted around in his seat to glance at the individuals. His plan to get the Jedi’s assessment of the Imperial Remnant had offered little given that they were essentially in the same boat. Some time would be required before making any drastic steps forward. The board will not like this delay. He thought to himself.

“I need more time to assess the Remnant before making contact, so I will forego the trip to Cardia for now. I do have some experience with ancient relics from my time hunting for the EV, so I can offer some help on that front.” He explained….

tares.jpg

Skye was observing the goings on around the table though her gaze kept returning to the two closest to her. She felt the fear that Jaina couldn’t hide and was about to use her empathic skills to calm her when she felt the shift from fear and panic to a more calm demeanor as though she had reached a decision. One thing was sure to the Healer… Jaina and Tirzah were related somehow. The concern shown cemented that fact.

When Kirlocca requested that Aira play the message she had received she listened along with the others. It was concerning to say the least though due to her long “sleep” she didn’t know the new Grandmaster Dahar so could not form an opinion either way on the message he had sent. << We must keep the Jedi Code before us. There is no Emotion, there is Peace. There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge. There is no Passion, there is Serenity. There is no Chaos, there is Harmony. >> As he paused, she found herself silently reciting the code along with him. << Dahar seems to have made a choice in his mind that is causing great stirs. But we are Jedi. We still have things that need to be done. The Imperial Remnant needs to be met with. Coruscant still needs relief aid. There are a much greater things to be seen to as well. We need to remain on our path and continue to do what Jedi should be doing, regardless of what's going on around us for the moment. >> Her gaze shifted back to Kirlocca as he handed out instructions and knew what she would be doing. << Now, not everyone can come to this meeting with the Head of State Raven Zinthos. I need people to go to Coruscant and give relief aid. We also have a need for someone to go to these sites and confirm they are still useable. >>

“I've directed some of my company’s resources towards the relief efforts on Coruscant.” Tares explained when Kirlocca mentioned the recent events, “Whoever goes to Coruscant can use those in the relief”

During the pause between Kirlocca and Tares, the Healer spoke up. “I will go to Coruscant. I feel that is where I can do the most good.” Skye had had no clear intent when she had decided to tag along, apart from catching up with old friends. She’d been gone so long that she wouldn’t be surprised if she had been removed from the ‘active Jedi’ list. Well she had a clear path now.

Using her implant, Skye contacted I-Nine via an encrypted channel, letting her droid know that she would require her ship after all. Her droids knew to make random hyperspace jumps to hide their point of origin and to also change the transponder codes before coming into a new spaceport. It was a routine that they had used many a time in the past dating back to when she had all that trouble because of Faust.

"John Skywalker had a vast library of Jedi and Sith knowledge in his Temple on Raxus Prime. Assuming the library is still standing, I have the codes to disable the defenses," she suggested. It'll be like coming home...

Gesturing to Tirzah, she met eyes with Skye. "If Master Organa plans to use her powers of healing to assist with relief aid on Coruscant, I can take charge of her patient." Jaina sent a silent urge from the Force, lacking explanation, but clear in its intent: she stays with me.

Still with their eyes locked on each other, Skye nodded her head, the unspoken message was clear. Another piece of the puzzle clicked into place at Jaina’s words but she was hesitant to come right out with her theory incase she was wrong. With her connection within the Force she could almost feel lines drawn between the two of them. The timeline was wrong though she knew through dealings with Tzeentch that time could be altered on different levels. She did wonder about how she knew so much about John Skywalker’s library though and how she got the codes for the place. If the Force wanted her to know the answers, she felt it would let her know. “You will need to keep an eye on her concussion. If she has any problems, take her to the nearest Healer or Doctor.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Xae nodded at the Wookiee's assignment. "It'll be easier to lay low if Tobias thinks I'm still following orders. He gave me the same mandate. I honestly don't want to see a rift in our Order or a departure from who we are. Jaina and I will find the Vigilance a more permanent hiding spot then take the Hope onward to Raxus Prime. Since Skye has no major objections," the petite woman paused looking sideways at Jaina then meeting Skye's eyes, "Tirzah may come with us, somehow I feel that relic-hunting will be a good chance to test her knowledge of the history of the Order since she's seen fit to skip her lessons to join us. Jaina, if you'll help keep an eye on her as Skye's instructed." Her smile was apparent in her tone of voice as her knowing eyes met Jaina's. If it was the woman's decision to bring her daughter along, Xae wasn't about to stop her.

"Master Tares, you're presence would be most welcome as well as your assistance," Xae added when he made the offer. "If this works for everyone, I'd rather get underway than staying too long where we might get pinned down." She gave a wry laugh, wondering if she'd developed the mentality of remaining on the move from Kyp Durron or Joreel Ordo. It had certainly served her during the war well, though it served as prudent strategy as well.

psvBwny.jpg

Kirlocca looked around to make sure that everyone was clear and in agreement with what was just said. Upon their own acknowledgements, Kirlocca held out both hands wide.

<< It's settled then. Remember, no unnecessary actions unless you hear from me directly. Until then, may the Force be with you. >>

Kirlocca started to move towards the spaceport and indicated for Aira and Aelyn to follow him out.

<< We can travel together. I will have my ship wait for me. >>

Aelyn was extremely excited by the prospect of both traveling with Master Kirlocca and meeting Head of State Raven Zinthos. She imagined her father's look of disbelief when she got a chance to tell him that not only did Aira Cadan take her as an apprentice, but the same day she got the chance to be on the team that represented the Order to the Imperial Remnant. At least, more or less represented them, despite Grand Master Raikanda's apparently controversial desire to consolidate all those responsibilities to himself and the mysterious Lord Paragrin.

Of course she knew that this was far beyond just an opportunity to meet people, and even if she wasn't an active participant in the talks her behavior would reflect on the Order she had just joined. She would accordingly need to be careful in how she presented herself. Still, rubbing elbows with galactic leaders was something that few could ever hope to do.

"I would be happy to take you aboard my ship, Master," she said to the Wookiee. "Though I can't help but feel it is a bit modest given the importance of our task." The Open Road was a fine ship for getting someone who had just graduated from university from point A to point B, but it had more cost-saving features than it had dignity. And more than that, it felt like her simple home away from Coruscant.

As they walked to the spaceport, Aelyn turned to Aira. "Master, can you shed some light for me on how Jedi leadership is usually organized? Grand Master isn't a new title -- I seem to remember hearing Masters Draygo, Fitt, and Trevelian being called that. How does the Grand Master's role differ from that of the Jedi Council?"

Kirlocca had said that Dahar wasn't supposed to form a Council at this point. If that was the case, it didn't seem like any great stretch for him to want to be the only one who could represent the Order to the Remnant. He did seem to pick an odd way to go about it, contacting the Empire directly instead of speaking to the Masters first, however. It was like he was afraid they were trying to subvert him, which only made sense if he didn't trust them.

B7kIdWt.jpg

The meeting was over quickly, but I felt good about what had been accomplished. Could it have been done over holos? Sure. But I liked that it had been face-to-face. It was always better to have deep conversations face-to-face if you could help it. It was hard to read people over holos. I rose to my feet as Kirlocca and Aelyn started to walk away. "Goodbye," I told Tares, Skye, and Tirzah. I put a hand on Xae's shoulder. "Until next time, my friend." Finally, I met Jaina's eyes, and impulsively hugged her. "I'm sure whatever you're going through...the Force will guide you."

Then I headed off, following my padawan and the Wookiee. I caught up just as Aelyn turned to me and queried me about the structure of the Order. I nodded. "Yes, you're right. Master Trevelian was the most recent Grandmaster, although for a while, he shared that title with Master Kirlocca here. Except for that time of having two Grandmasters, it's usually the title that we give to our most revered Jedi Master. The role is essentially the public face of the Jedi Order. It is a misconception, however, that the Grandmaster has any more power than any other member of the Council, although I've heard that when the Council is divided on something, the Grandmaster has the power to cast the deciding vote. But the Grandmaster really is nothing without his or her Council. The Jedi are not authoritarian."

We drew near the docking bay where we had left the Open Road. "As for the Jedi Council, they are Jedi Masters, usually named to the Council by the Grandmaster. A good Grandmaster strives to choose Council members who all have differing points of view, so that the Jedi can make well-rounded decisions. There has never been a member of the Council who is not a Jedi Master. Not that I know of, anyway. A Jedi Knight becomes a Jedi Master in the same way a padawan becomes a knight--through a trial given by one of their peers or superiors."

We climbed onboard the ship, and I followed Aelyn to the cockpit. "That is how the Order has formerly worked. It sounds like Grandmaster Raikanda is doing things differently, though. We'll have to see." I smiled at Master Kirlocca. "What do you think? Did I forget anything?"

The ship rose off the ground smoothly, and we headed for space, and Carida.

"I'd rather get underway than staying too long where we might get pinned down," Xae said in finality, and Jaina nodded assent. Having been on four planets in a little under a week might have been excessive, but her sense of unpreparedness to meet Raynuk, whether in reconciliation or conflict, only enhanced her desire to be on the Hope for ease of escape.

Kirlocca dismissed the group with a hearty "may the Force be with you." As she rose, slinging her bag over her shoulder, Jaina turned to look down at the girl seated next to her, nearly giddy that she'd gotten her wish: Tirzah would be in her care. But until there was time and space for the conversation, it would be best for her to keep her sense of excitement, and the meaning behind it, from overwhelming the girl. Cloaking her emotions through the Force, she exposed only a flicker of her amusement, projecting only as dry sarcasm. "I hope you have no objections in tagging along. I've always believed that a practical course of study is more effective than sitting in a room listening to holocrons drone on and on."

Hesitating, she thought for a moment about taking Tirzah by the hand in order to lead her along, and in that brief second, realized that she knew nothing about the scope of her daughter's abilities: neither what the Jedi had taught her in the years she had been in their care, nor what her lack of eyesight meant for things such as spacial awareness. Resolving instead to drape an arm across her shoulders, Jaina chose the route of nonchalance, avoiding the nagging guilt at the back of her mind that barely registered the incessant whisper, you should have been there...

"So, you're our stowaway," she said good-naturedly, maneuvering the pair through the sea of chairs towards Tares. "I'm Jaina, and I'm going to look after you."

Turning her attention to the white-haired businessman, she smiled at him, letting her arm drop from around Tirzah's shoulders to extend her hand. "Well, Master Vortex," she said with a cheeky grin, unable to resist the use of his title, though she knew he had long since discarded it, "it looks like our paths converge on our merry way again. I'm pleased that you're joining us."

Xae's presence pressed gently on her mind, and Jaina shot her a knowing nod. It was time to go. "We're planning to leave directly. If your ship is secured here, you're welcome to travel with us to Raxus Prime. It'll be cozy, but there's enough room on my ship."

Gesturing to where the Traitor's Hope stood docked, in view of the cafe, Jaina led the processional toward the ship.

With a sidelong glance at Tirzah, she pressed her palm to the security reader, triggering the descent of the boarding ramp. "Welcome aboard," she said. "Take your pick of the bunks in the crew quarters, and feel free to have a look around." The irony of her statement hit her a fraction of a second too late. A nervous grimace crossed her face, and she rested a hand on the girl's shoulder in a measure of apology. "Just... don't get into trouble."

Before too long, the systems were all prepared for their journey, their supplies restocked, and Jaina settled herself into the pilot's seat. Retrieving the coordinates for Raxus Prime from the navicomputer, she maneuvered them swiftly through Chandrila's atmosphere, blasting off into hyperspace from the far side of the planet in order to shake any less-than-casual observers.

53bzzl2.png

With everyone departing, Skye sat for a moment more. She brought out a blank, generic datapad from within the folds of her tunic and accessed the local information, searching for the closest medical supplier. She knew she was going to the city planet though with the information she had gleaned, the medical services would be hard pressed to cope. It would be wise for her to have a fully stocked surgery before she got there. Quickly, the Healer made a list of what might be needed, from more bandages of various types, to bacta patches, to hypospray guns and everything in-between. She contacted I-Nine to state that she was getting some more supplies and found out that they had just landed at the spaceport under the guise of Phoenix.

The Healer stretched out her senses before she rose from her chair and made her way along the walkway, making sure there was no unexpected attention aimed at her, changing direction a number of times before she entered a taxi. She asked to be let out near the medical supply warehouse and quickly entered. It was obvious that she was in the medical profession though they wouldn’t realize that she was a Jedi by her tunic. She did have one saber on her person though it was hidden from view within the medical bag she had over her shoulder that she carried her first aid kit in and disguised as just another medical instrument in case she got scanned.

“Can I help you Ma’am?” she was asked by the salesman behind the counter. “Yes, you can. I have been asked to take the supplies on this list to Coruscant for the relief effort. I would like them sent to the freighter Phoenix. How long will it take you to get this order ready?” The salesman transferred her list to the computer and sent out the supply droids to gather everything. “That’s terrible what happened there. Do they know who was behind the terrorist attack?” The Healer pondered the question for a moment before answering, “I’m not sure… hold on and I’ll see if there is anything new about it.” A few taps on the datapad and she accessed the latest broadcast. “They’re reporting that Black Sun was behind it.” She read the rest of the article and shook her head, “No wonder they need more supplies. The casualty lists are very high.” The salesman nodded his head in agreement. “I’ll have the droids take these supplies to the freighter within the hour. The sooner you get these supplies to Coruscant the better. What company did you say you worked for?” Accessing the Force, Skye let it flow between them, “That’s not important. That we get these supplies there is.” A few moments later the man repeated, “No, that’s not important…”

Payment was made with an untraceable account that had been set up for just this purpose. There had been many times that she had needed to pay for supplies like this in the past. If someone did try to trace it, it would go back to a dummy corporation and not to her. She had the salesman call her a taxi and was soon back at the spaceport. It didn’t take her long to get to the right location and to board her ship. I-Nine had already prepared the cargo hold for the supplies and now all they had to do was wait for them. While she waited, Skye accessed the holonet, trying to find as much information as she could about the situation that awaited her. When the supplies arrived, she personally oversaw the cargo hold being filled, scanning each pallet to make sure there were no nasty surprises like tracking or listening devices and no stowaways either. With everything on her list accounted for she locked up the cargo hold and headed to the cockpit. I-Nine had already run through her preflight checks so she lifted off, soon leaving the atmosphere and making the jump to Coruscant.

SkyeOrgana.jpg