Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

The Gamit Gun landed on the surface of Chandrila. Garet was not so lucky as Rocketblaze to find a good place for his ship. He landed the TIE Advancedx1 fighter in a clearing near their new home, well hidden by the tall trees. Nurgle wore his simple black jump suit, not bothering to put on his Sith robes. He had always found them cumbersome. Garet found his Master had already set to work.

"What can I do to help?"

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

Garet hefted a log as he spoke to his Master. He had guessed Rocketblaze would ask his opinion, and he had already formed in his mind what he felt he needed to say.

"This planet reminds me of my homeworld. The forest is my element, and I think I will find much to enjoy here. We didn't have a choice in leaving the Sith. We had taken a different path from them, staying would only have led to trouble. As you well know, I have always been quick to want to fight. Perhaps too quick. When you first implied we needed to leave the Sith I had visions of us taking them all on in battle. Foolishness, I know realize. After you finished my apprenticeship, I became so absorbed in my training that I think in the end it has actually made me weaker, blind to the truth. The seclusion of this planet will give us all a chance to undo what we've been taught. For me, a chance to change the violent lifestyle I have pushed myself into."

Garet was silent for a moment while he put the log in place. Picking up a new one, he continued,

"This new concept of keeping us out of the Force, it is a good idea. The Sith have become too obsessed with their own power, and too confident in their knowledge of the Force. Avoiding use of the Force for our own gain serves many purposes, and in the end makes us stronger. I have lived in service of others my entire life, the Doshan aristocracy before I left my homeworld, the Sith, you. It does not bother me, it is what I was meant to do. But now it is different. We all have a chance to live in the service of the Force, in a way. By seeking to gain knowledge and power from it, without abusing the it."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

Garet called out to Tashkri,

"Water if you can, please."

Garet was surprised at Rocketblaze's transformation in such a short time. He was nearly matching Garet in strength. This would prove as further inspiration for Garet to stop relying on brute force to get him what he wanted. He would have to learn to use his mind more. The Serpent Lord would probably be the first Doshan to do that.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet haulted his work.

Still haven't got my water yet.

He hurried over, and helped Rocketblaze heft the crates. It was then he noticed his companion. Garet wasn't surprised Rocketblaze had picked up another misfit. This was beginning to shape up into a promising new chapter in his life. He could see Chandrila as a place he could call home.

"Who's your friend?"

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet couldn't have been working for more than four hours now, yet he was almost becoming winded. Had he allowed his body to become weak through too much reliance on the Force? Doshans could normally work twice that long without breaking a sweat.

If I was still on Dosha I would have been killed for my poor physical condition. I was sent to find a way to train my Force abilites as one of the top warriors on Dosha, a member of the Temple Guard. I doubt this is what they had in mind. Overindulgence in the Force weakens your body. Look at the great Darth Vader, or Emperor Palpatine. The latter regarded as one of the most powerful Force users ever. Yet one bad fall probably would have put him out of commission. He allowed the darkside to eat at this spirit and body. I see now what a must do.

Garet redoubled his efforts. He would be back in top condition soon.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet was pleased and certainly surprised at Rocketblaze's words. Garet never expected praise, he did his duty to his Master, and the Order, which he had never felt was anything special. He owed it to his Master to serve to the best of his abilities. Perhaps it was his training on Dosha that instilled this philosophy into him, but he had long ago accepted it as who he was. Rocketblaze's words brightened his mood. He felt now more than ever he had found the right path.

Garet continued listening, and simply nodded at Fatal Raven when Rocketblaze had introduced him. Garet could tell little about the man immediately, except he had an unusual name. Rocketblaze already seemed to think highly of him. His Master was not easily please, so that was already good marks for Raven in Garet's mind. He hoped to get to know Raven better in the future. The Serpent Lord left his thoughts for later, and turned back to contructing the wall of their new base.

Working with Tashkri, they began to move the logs into position, the work was becoming easier and faster now that Garet was in a better mood.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After hours of long arduous work, Garet finally completed his task. He was exhausted, and gratefull when Tashkri through him a bottle of water. The Trandoshan ripped it open with his teeth, and allowed the water to gush down his throat. The top of the bottle was not designed for one of his species, and it would have been impossible for him to open it.

Garet didn't want to interrupt Fatal Raven's training to request a new task. For now he decided to take a quick rest. Working completely without the Force was something he hadn't done for some time. It was a difficult challenge, but in the end he felt much stronger.

As he contemplated this the Sith Lord heard a blaster shot. He jumped up reaching for his saber, only to see Tashkri holding his ass. Garet held back his laughter, as he sat back down. Today had been a good day.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rocketblaze hadn't given Garet any new tasks as of yet, so the Trandoshan decided to do some training on his own. He stood up, and began exploring the country side. The forests here reminded him of a tamer version of his homeworld. The Serpent Lord caught an unfamiliar scent as he was contemplating this. Following his nose he crept along the forest on all fours.

His red eyes caught the sight of a deer-like creature grazing amongst the foliage. Concentrating all his efforts on staying silent without the aid of the Force, Garet crept right up behind the creature. He could have touched it if he wanted to, but he let it walk away as it continued its grazing never even realizing the Doshan was there. Garet stood and prepared for his training. Normally he would have been overwhelmed by the bloodlust. Garet was pleased with his level of control.

The tree stood tall, and were perfect for what he had planned. Garet stripped of his robe and crouched down. Using only the power of his legs, he leaped into the air gripping a large branch with his claws. He began to rock back and forth until he could spin all the way around the branch. Garet launched to a higher one barely grabbing hold. Without the Force the work was strenuous, but that was its intent. Garet continued his excercise.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Garet felt the death of Ar-Pharazon as well. He'd only met the great Sith once, when he was struck with force lightning for his AP's amusement. But the death of such a powerful Sith, caused a flash of unspeakable pain. The mental aspects of Force control had always been beyond him, and this was no exception. The pain was so great he was blinded for well over ten minutes. It finally passed, and Garet knew he should seek his Master.

He ran swiftly, even without the aid of the force. Garet was at home in the forest setting, and soon he'd traversed the distance back to the main camp. He found Rocketblaze and Raven on the ground, no doubt already aware of what he felt. Raven had excelled in his lessons thus far, so both probably knew far more about what exactly had happened than he. Garet waited for Rocketblaze to say something.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Per Rocketblaze's instructions Garet made his way to the dining area. He sat down beside Tashkri almost salivating at the prospect of a good meal. Garet didn't realize it until now, but he hadn't eaten much during their time here.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Though Garet outwardly showed no emotion, inwardly he felt his heart nearly burst from his chest. Garet's red eyes stared at the outstretched wings, studying them as he mulled over his Master's words. The wings were impressive to say the least. But Garet had his suspicions. Rocketblaze was unpredictable, and Garet trusted his Master's judgement, but nonetheless, such a change was a bit extreme considering what their plans had originally been. This mysterious god troubled him the most. Rocketblaze had been express in convincing Garet to give up his belief in the Scorekeeper, the goddess who favored Doshan warriors. RB had convinced him to shift his faith completely in the Force, for it was what he would call on to protect himself in times of danger. The Force was all there was to Garet, he couldn't imagine much beyond it. Rocketblaze would have to do that for him.

He has never led me astray before. And there's little chance he sprouted those wings himself.

Satisfied, Garet stood, speaking first,

"You know that I'm with you until the end, so there isn't much else I need to say, I have no questions. When you began I had some reservations about this. But I have no reason to question your judgement."

Besides, Garet had to admit the wings were pretty cool.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet was impressed with Rocketblaze's control over this new ability. The speed at which he had mastered all this relieved any fear he had that this god had somehow changed his Master. Garet spoke first again.

"I think Tashkri and I have decided he will pursue sorcery, and myself alchemy. Before, I would not have been receptive to the idea, I have always emphasized combat in all forms of my training. But the spirit of the Serpents is to change the instincts instilled in us during our time in the Sith. So I vow to master this skill, as I have others put before me. It will be rewarding to train under you once again, my Master."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Neither Garet nor Tash moved at first. The Serpent Lord didn't want this to become a contest, he really didn't care which went first. Nonetheless, beating Tash at anything was usually somewhat enjoyable. Bullying humans was fun in general. The Doshan held his hand in front of Tash, preventing him from moving quickly, and quickly stepped forward.

"I guess I win."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet growled and leaped onto Tash. He forceably held the Serpent Lord down as he stood, resting his foot hard onto Tash's back.

"Stay down, you don't have a chance."

Garet actually thought Tash incredibly strong for a human, but he knew that would goad Tash into retaliating.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet smiled, revealing his fangs to the Serpent Lord.

"I didn't really expect you to go down without a fight."

It would take a lot to match the skill of Tash's attack. But that was a challenge he was more than willing to accept. Garet sprung up on one hand, running his clawed feet up Tash's torso and face. He pushed out from Tash's body into a round off. Garet's move left several miniscule gashes on the Serpent. The Doshan faced the angry looking human, and balled his fists. Neither really seemed concerned with who was closer to Rocketblaze now.

It's been a while since we let loose like this. If I remember correctly I believe I ended up on top in the last bout.

Garet faked left, and swept his right hand into an uppercut into Tash's jaw. The move sent him straight onto his back. This time Garet stayed back.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Even after my new training Tash is still more agile.

Garet wasn't really surprised since the Serpent Lord had been working as hard as he had. The Doshan scrambled to his feet. If that was the case, it really put them back to the same position they were when Rocketblaze took them in. Garet would have to resort to old tactics. He approached slowly this time, his fists half-heartedly raised in protection, he also wobbled a bit, as if the attack had caused more damage then it did. No doubt Tash realized it was a ruse, but even so, Garet knew there was no way he could know exactly what the Doshan had in mind. Leaving himself open in such a way proved too tempting, and Tash swung his fist towards Garet's face with incredible speed. Garet pulled his head to his side and his jaws closed right onto Tash's wrist.

Garet snapped his head downward, pulling Tash forward. Blood coated his jaws, and he recieved several blows from Tash which, despite his thick skin, were taking their toll. But the Doshan held tightly, growling like a feral animal. He threw himself onto Tash knocking them both down, and began spinning himself into an alligator-like death roll.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet coughed and held his stomach, doubled over in pain. After several moments of recovery, the Doshan looked up a flash of anger on his face. He growled, Tash's blood still dripping from his jaws. Garet's hand moved to his belt, and the familiar hiss of an activating lightsaber met Tash's ears.

"Draw your weapon, or I will strike you down."

Garet stepped forward holding the saber in both hands. He slashed his blade toward Tash's mid-section.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Tash's words only served to further anger the Doshan.

"Don't be a coward. If you won't fight, than just admit defeat."

His battle cry echoed as he he slashed downward, his saber striking at only empty air. Garet had no hatred for Tash, but it had been so long since he had felt the thrill of combat, he had lost all control. The Serpent Lord recovered from his miss. He ignited the other end of his double-bladed saber, spinning it in front of him. Garet Jax rushed Tash, sweeping the saber high, and then continued spinning in a circle, the other end slashing low. Tash quickly ducked and then leaped over the crimson blades. Much to Garet's frustration he still had yet to draw his own saber.

"I don't need a weapon to defeat you."

Garet knew it was only a matter of time before the deadly blades reached their mark. He wasn't going to let his anger conquer his pride. He was going to defeat Tash fairly. The Doshan's blade returned to his belt, and he lunged at Tash focusing his anger into the Force. Garet's hands landed on Tash's shoulders, and they fell rolling, many blows landing on both sides. Before Tash could use his agility to escape, Garet hooked his arm underneath the Serpent Lord's and pulled up with all his strength. His other hand reached claws gripping Tash's thigh. Garet hefted the Serpent high for a few moments, and then slammed him down with all his strength.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet doubled over again. His ribs had already been injured, and as they were struck once more he could feel another crack from Tash's attack. It was one of the worst kinds of pain he'd ever felt. But pain only fueled his rage. As more of the wood flew at him, Garet slashed his claws outward, slicing through the material with ease. He pushed forward, cutting away all Tash through at him, and using the Force to slowly take him through Tash's barrier.

His will is strong. I cannot believe he's still pushing back on me.

An object suddenly crashed against his skull. Garet reeled momentarily and his hand went to his forehead. Blood was on his fingers. The Doshan's red eyes narrowed. Garet pushed forward inch by inch until finally he was able to use the Force to shatter the barrier. Garet stumbled forward, regaining his footing right in front of the Serpent Lord. Before Tash could throw any more chairs at him, his clawed foot rested against Tash's neck.

"I could have killed you just then. I believe I have one."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet set about his task, still extremely angry over the battle.

I spared Tash's life, and what was I rewarded with? A threat to my own.

Needless to say, the Doshan was seething But Garet also realized if his Master had disliked Tash's methods he would have said something. If Rocketblaze didn't disapprove, neither should he. Plus Garet did try to use his saber on Tash before that. He would think about this encounter more later. The Serpent Lord turned his thoughts away from all else. He knew his Master's task would take all his concentration.

Garet took the battle-scarred armor he had been provided with, and set off into an adjacent room. He tried to unlock the new abilities he had been given. Garet concentrated hard, focusing with all his strength to bring forth the knowledge. Nothing happened. Frustrated, he sat down forcing himself to calm.

Alchemy is as much a science as anything else. And thinking isn't exactly my strong point.

But that was the old Garet. He remembered his pledge to shift his ways, and he would not fail in this task. Thus far the knowledge his Master instilled in him hadn't shown itself, but he suspected his new gift didn't mean instant knowledge. The abilities he had been given allowed him to understand alchemy, but the only way to unlock those abilities was through trial and error. Garet sat down once again, the armor in his lap.

Most alchemists try to change metals into gold. But gold will not help much in a battle.

Garet hung the armor off of the ceiling, and placed a large metal container underneath. The potlike object was twice the width of the Serpent, but only reached his waste. Garet withdrew his lightsaber. The metal he had constructed it out of was the strongest he'd seen up to that point, or since. It would be perfect to try to replicate on the armor. The red saber ignited, and was driven deep into the armor. Sparks flew as the armor melted down into the container beneath. Garet returned the saber to his belt and immersed himself into the darkside. Visibly straining, he used the force to life the molten liquid from the container. Garet could feel its heat, and the Doshan fed that heat through the Force preventing it from cooling.

Garet reshaped the melted armor using only the Force. He added other metals to it, and unlocking some of the alchemist knowledge he was able to recombine the armors makeup. With the work finished, he allowed the metal to cool. Still tinged with red, it clattered to the ground. After Garet rested for a while, he examined his work. He pulled his axe blade, crashing into the armor. It was not even scratched, and the Doshan's arm screamed in pain. Garet was pleased. However, he was not quite finished.

The extra touches he added were based on his knowledge of metalworking more than alchemy. Garet coated the armor in cortosis ore, and plated it in gold. The armor was still light, but was ten times as strong, not to mention the extra shine the gold added.

The gold won't hold up in battle, but it looks cool.

Weary from his efforts, Garet brought the armor out, and waited for his Master to finish.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In the fires of the furnace room Garet had constructed the armor in, he now worked on a new weapon of his own. Rocketblaze had told him to do something for himself, and that is exactly what he planned to do.

My axe blade has outlived it's usefulness. I will use my new gift to forge a sword of immense strength.

Garet worked as he did with the armor. First, he had to construct a whole new mold for the sword, his design would be entirely unique. He poured molten metal, common iron, into the mold, and used the Force to keep it heated. Garet changed the iron into stronger elements through alchemy. It was a long and strenous process. As he came close to finishing, he added an additional ingredient, coating the weapon with cortosis ore.

I will still keep my lightsaber, but this will be my primary weapon. And I need to make sure it can stand up to a Jedi . . . or Sith.

Sweat glistened of his forehead, as he held the sword above his head. It was light in weight, and curved in the manner of a cutlass. But it was also much larger than a normal sword. From the blade side, to the dull side it was as thick as Garet's body, and in height it was almost as tall as the Serpent Lord. Normally such a large weapon would break and chip easily. Garet swung his sword down onto the iron mold he constructed. The metal was shorn in half. He examined the sword. His reflection shined back at him, with not a scratch on the sword. Garet's alchemy had been a success.

Garet strapped the large weapon to his back, and found Rocketblaze. His Master was already giving their new orders. As RB blasted off for space, Garet approached Tashkri. He couldn't hold back the anger in his voice.

"Babysitting that fool isn't how I planned to spend my day. He's probably dead by now anyway. How long could he survive on his own?"

Garet_Jax2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Garet nodded, pleased at the thought of finishing Cineon once and for all. The alchemist spoke to Tash,

"Let me handle this one, if you don't mind. It's personal."

Garet didn't wait for a reply as he mounted his flashspeeder. If Tash remained behind, good, and if he followed Garet was okay with that too.

Let me think. The last time I saw Cineon was when he ventured into the forest following AP's death. He should not be difficult to track.

Garet hovered beside the area where he had seen Cineon last. He caught the Sith's sent, and rocketed through the forest. After driving for at least an hour, the scent was suddenly lost. Puzzled Garet dismounted, and found the area where he had lost Cineon. In a clearing ahead, Garet spotted the Sith. He withdrew his sword.

"Draw your saber, and let's finished what we started on Mimban."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

OOC: Three day rule

IC: Garet swept his sword toward the Sith. Cineon tried to block the shot with his saber, but the cortosis shorted out the blade. Garet's arc continued, and the strength of the sword cut through Cineon's flesh and bones like it was cutting through air. Cineon was quickly cleaved in two. Pleased Garet returned the blade to his back. He mounted his speeder, and returned to his Master.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet left Rocketblaze, eager to begin his task. But his Master's words were still with him. Garet had been pleased at the praise, and he was struck by the genuine feelings of friendship he had towards Rocketblaze. Such thoughts went against his innate nature, as a warrior of the dark side, and a doshan. Garet supposed that would have bothered him once, but now he didn't care.

The Serpent Lord turned his attention to Moric. He observed the apprentice critically. His red eyes pierced Moric in an open attempt at intimidation. Garet guided Moric to the simulator. Two opponents emerged, each brandishing lightsabers. The Doshan's harsh voice bit at the apprentice,

"I know you've already trained some with Rocketblaze, but I need to see how you fight. Use whatever techniques you've been taught to take them down, and do it as quickly as possible."

The simulator was not on a high difficulty level, the opponents shouldn't be much trouble for Moric.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet entered the simulator, and gave Moric a quick nod of approval.

"Not bad. You have some natural skill at combat. But if you expect any success in battle you will need to learn to fight with the only weapon that will never fail you."

Garet held up his fists before Moric.

"Your body is the only thing you can count on, all other weapons should be secondary. Until I deem you ready, you will not use your lightsaber, or any other weapon."

Garet could not read Moric's reaction to this very well. But he thought the man would understand better if he was given a demonstration. The Serpent Lord dropped his sword and lightsaber to the ground. He reactivated the two Jedi in the simulator. Garet signaled for Moric to step back as the Jedi advanced towards the Doshan.

The first swung his saber towards Garet's torso. Garet leaned back, swinging the top half of his body backwards and to the left. As he leaned forward once again, his hand gripped the Jedi's wrist. With one quick motion, he heaved the Jedi over his shoulder and onto the ground. Garet's boot crushed the Jedi's throat as the second moved to attack. Garet barely turned to face the second Jedi as she stabbed out for Garet's head. Garet could almost feel the heat of the saber as he crooked his head to the left. It missed him by inches. His arm slammed into her elbow, snapping the joint with ease. His claws slashed out reaching her throat. The hologram disappeared. Garet returned to Moric, hoping the apprentice had paid attention.

"You see, I was able to do that with minimal use of the Force. The Force is a powerful weapon, but it should be used sparingly. There are many things that can neutralize the Force. It is much more difficult to neutralize quick reflexes and raw strength."

Garet stood ready, and motioned for Moric to do the same.

"Now, come at me. The best way to learn is through experience."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

The movement was well-formed but much too slow. Garet was superior to Moric in height, and he caught the Sith's leg underneath is armpit. He threw Moric to the ground, not pulling back at all. Moric felt the impact hard.

"You don't need to use flashy moves to defeat your opponent. Going right into a jump attack when you knew nothing of my style was unwise. At the start, you must use their weight against them, like I did with those Jedi, and with you just now. You must be as flexible and free flowing as water. Keep your body loose when you defend and attack."

But Garet knew that his strength was naturally superior to Moric. The apprentice needed to learn more than that. He helped Moric to his feet.

"I did not just use brute strength to defeat those Jedi, I did use the Force some. Inevitably when your opponent is naturally stronger, or naturally faster, as the Jedi are, you must use the Force to increase the power and quickness of your attacks."

Garet balled his fist, and struck at Moric in slow motion. He did not complete the blow.

"When my fist reaches your face, that is when I focus the Force, only when the impact is being made. Until then, I am not tensed at all. And the same when I move to defend or dodge an attack. This allows me to remain calm, and not overexert myself. The dark side tends to take control, and it is very taxing on your body. It is a valuable, but dangerous tool. Let's try again."

This time Garet attacked first, without warning. He dropped to the ground, pulling his leg into a sweep kick.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet rolled backward and back onto his feet. He was pleased,

"Great kid, but don't get cocky."

Garet struck multiple times with a high kick. Each blow was successfully blocked by Moric. Garet turned around into another sweep kick, but Moric remembered from last time, and was able to jump the attack.

"Excellent, remember just like flowing water."

Garet suddenly gripped Moric's wrists, pushing the apprentice backward.

"As a human you are naturally weaker than me. Now is the time to use the full anger you feel. Push me over, release the energy you've pent up."

If Moric obeyed Garet's command about suppressing his use of the Force, the Serpent Apprentice should be able to power into the Doshan. Garet through his body weight into the apprentice . . .

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet lay on his back stunned for a moment. He rolled onto his hands and knees, and then onto his feet again. The Serpent Lord pulled Moric to his feet.

"Good, you need to learn more hand to hand combat, but your getting better. When you've rested up some let me know, and we can work with the lightsabers."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Garet had been waiting for Moric to return. He was ready to work on a bit of swordplay.

"Take your practice saber and we shall begin."

Garet told Moric to move to the other side of the training area. His alchemaic skills had forged several small metallic marbles, each perfect for what he had in mind. The Serpent Lord sat cross-legged facing Moric.

"You will deflect these as they try to hit you."

Garet focused his energy on four of the marbles. They rose and surrounded Moric. One flew for his head, another for his legs. The other two were not far behind.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"No, that's horrible. It was only for, and if those were blaster bolts you'd be dead."

Garet thought he knew the problem though. It was clear Moric was trying to use his eyes more than the Force. Garet tossed him a strip of cloth.

"Use this to blindfold yourself. You must use only the Force as your eyes."

This time Garet used six of the marbles. They came in three at a time.

Garet_Jax2.jpg