Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

Per Rocketblaze's instructions Garet made his way to the dining area. He sat down beside Tashkri almost salivating at the prospect of a good meal. Garet didn't realize it until now, but he hadn't eaten much during their time here.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

J had followed Doc Roc to where he was making his food, silently taking a position beside the entrance. The droid assumed the instructions to wait at the table did not apply to him. Afterall, he couldn't eat anyway, and he had pledged to remain by DR's side no matter what.

The food was done, prepared, and now being taken to the table by a kitchen droid. Rocketblaze was covered at this point, his new appendages hidden from sight, though he knew that by now J had scanned them and was close to asking a question. However, Rocketblaze was in more the frame of mind to address them all, so he motioned for J to stand in the dining hall and wait.

”œFatal Raven, I am impressed with your progress. I will grant you Lordship as a Sith soon, as your training is nearly complete and your trials will be swift. Then it shall be your choice: stay with us as a Serpent or return to the Sith Order as a capable Lord. Do not choose now, but rather consider your path and how you desire to achieve your goals.”

RBgun.jpg

PSN ID: Lord-Pent

Character Sheet

The question was evadent, to stay or not to stay was the question, and what a question indeed. It would take him many nights to get through this question, stay and be the peace-bringers of the Sith, or leave and be with the other lunatics. He sat in silence as he gathered food on his plate, picking up his silver-ware quietly he took puny bits of food, thinking through his options.

Raven excused himself, standing up he spoke quickly and quietly.

"Master Rocketblaze, if you may excuse me, I am going to for a quick run in the forest, if you need me you know how to call."

Raven exited the room, and entered onto the shiny green grass, so peaceful, yet so hard on showing it. He moved swiftfully over into the forest, walking slowly into it. He walked onward, waiting, watching, and relaxing.

raven.jpg

Though Garet outwardly showed no emotion, inwardly he felt his heart nearly burst from his chest. Garet's red eyes stared at the outstretched wings, studying them as he mulled over his Master's words. The wings were impressive to say the least. But Garet had his suspicions. Rocketblaze was unpredictable, and Garet trusted his Master's judgement, but nonetheless, such a change was a bit extreme considering what their plans had originally been. This mysterious god troubled him the most. Rocketblaze had been express in convincing Garet to give up his belief in the Scorekeeper, the goddess who favored Doshan warriors. RB had convinced him to shift his faith completely in the Force, for it was what he would call on to protect himself in times of danger. The Force was all there was to Garet, he couldn't imagine much beyond it. Rocketblaze would have to do that for him.

He has never led me astray before. And there's little chance he sprouted those wings himself.

Satisfied, Garet stood, speaking first,

"You know that I'm with you until the end, so there isn't much else I need to say, I have no questions. When you began I had some reservations about this. But I have no reason to question your judgement."

Besides, Garet had to admit the wings were pretty cool.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"It would be meaningless to fight with you now. You're too scared and ashamed. Live with the shock. Keep it bottled up inside you. Silently."

After a bit of difficulty, Tash finally manages to return his jaw to its proper and upright position.

"Hot damn."

After another few minutes, comprehensive thought returns to Tash. Noticing Rocketblaze eating, Tash follows suit mechanically. While chewing on some local animal, he goes over what Rocketblaze had just explained.

He mentioned sorcery. I wonder if that's similar to what John studied when we were at the academy.

Switching to another piece of food, Tash sends Garet a brief message.

tashkri.jpg

Cineon returned to the planet of Chandrilla, he was unsucessful of his mission of creating lightsaber crystals because of the death of Ar-Pharazon. He felt there was no need to say anything about that becuase it had been a while since his death, and it was probably felt on Chandrila anyways.

Cineon walked through the woods to think about what was to happen next.

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all
MasterJediJesus: Now you're just being a [richard]

When I get angry, people start dying.

Looking up to find himself alone with Garet and Tashkri, Rocketblaze now decided to use this opportunity to clarify a few things.

”œI don't know why this guy thinks of himself as a god, but that's all I've got. One thing that I do wonder is if I can retract these wings or if they stay out all the time.”

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

Garet was impressed with Rocketblaze's control over this new ability. The speed at which he had mastered all this relieved any fear he had that this god had somehow changed his Master. Garet spoke first again.

"I think Tashkri and I have decided he will pursue sorcery, and myself alchemy. Before, I would not have been receptive to the idea, I have always emphasized combat in all forms of my training. But the spirit of the Serpents is to change the instincts instilled in us during our time in the Sith. So I vow to master this skill, as I have others put before me. It will be rewarding to train under you once again, my Master."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Nodding in agreement with Garet, Tash starts to talk to Rocketblaze, but then realizes that he still has food in his mouth. Since it is impolite to talk with food in your mouth, Tash swallows the chunk of meat. Or, at least, he tries to. He had only chewed it seven out of the recommended twenty times, and it was too large to make its journey down the digestive track.

Coughing fitfully, Tash hits himself in the chest a few times, hoping to dislodge the food. When that failed to help, and breathing was starting to get hard, he falls back on the Force.

Going within himself, he uses the Force to levitate the meat out of his throat and dispels it with great velocity out of the house.

Looking around at his tablemates, he apologizes for the disruption.

"So, do you know who this 'god' guy is?"

A few hundred meters away, in the woods, a very contemplative Cineon was struck in the forehead with some very nasty meat.

tashkri.jpg

"All I could feel was a sense of security like that Ar-Pharazon would exude. We can trust this 'god' for now, and should only doubt him if something goes wrong with me in the meantime."

Rocketblaze then popped his wings out and put them right back.

"That's way too fun! Now, onto teaching. Tash, now that you're done trying to kill yourself, come forward with Garet so that I can more easily connect our minds. First one here is the first one taught."

At that he had a chuckle and awaited one of them to come forward.

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

Neither Garet nor Tash moved at first. The Serpent Lord didn't want this to become a contest, he really didn't care which went first. Nonetheless, beating Tash at anything was usually somewhat enjoyable. Bullying humans was fun in general. The Doshan held his hand in front of Tash, preventing him from moving quickly, and quickly stepped forward.

"I guess I win."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"Garet, Garet, Garet."

With a chuckle, Tash uses the Force to toss Garet off to the side. Pushing his chair back, he takes the few steps necessary to move six inches closer to Rocketblaze than Garet had been.

"Winning is never that easy."

tashkri.jpg

Garet growled and leaped onto Tash. He forceably held the Serpent Lord down as he stood, resting his foot hard onto Tash's back.

"Stay down, you don't have a chance."

Garet actually thought Tash incredibly strong for a human, but he knew that would goad Tash into retaliating.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

As Garet started to take him down, Tash's hand slips up to his neck and unfastens his cloak. As he hits the floor, he goes completely limp. Suddenly, with the aid of the Force, Tash explodes straight up off of the floor, muscling Garet straight up into the air. Since Garet's claws had been caught in the fabric of his cloak, Tash pulled it over his shoulder and flipped Garet head over heels.

With a little flourish, Tash reattaches the cloak as Garet lands facefirst on the floor.

"So what do you think now about my chance?"

tashkri.jpg

Garet smiled, revealing his fangs to the Serpent Lord.

"I didn't really expect you to go down without a fight."

It would take a lot to match the skill of Tash's attack. But that was a challenge he was more than willing to accept. Garet sprung up on one hand, running his clawed feet up Tash's torso and face. He pushed out from Tash's body into a round off. Garet's move left several miniscule gashes on the Serpent. The Doshan faced the angry looking human, and balled his fists. Neither really seemed concerned with who was closer to Rocketblaze now.

It's been a while since we let loose like this. If I remember correctly I believe I ended up on top in the last bout.

Garet faked left, and swept his right hand into an uppercut into Tash's jaw. The move sent him straight onto his back. This time Garet stayed back.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Well, well. The big brawler has learned some acrobatics.

Clearing the stars from his eyes, Tash stands up and takes the stance of a boxer. Clenching his hands, he bounces from one foot to the other, slowly moving closer to Garet. As soon as he is within range, Tash releases a devastating right punch, which Garet easily ducks. Spinning with from the unused momentum, Tash springs up with his left foot, and executes an axe kick with his right leg.

The blow caught Garet in the shoulder, but it did little more than bend the big lizard over a bit.

Damn! I forgot how much those scales of his protect him. And how much they can hurt...

Hopping backwards on his left leg, Tash quickly re-evaluates his battle plan.

However, he wasn't going to have much time for that, as Garet charged him once again. As the Doshan's fist flies for Tash's face, Tash drops to the ground one knee and spins around. Whipping his other leg around, he catches Garet behind the knee, knocking the big lizard onto his back. Rolling backwards, Tash waits for Garet's retaliation.

tashkri.jpg

Even after my new training Tash is still more agile.

Garet wasn't really surprised since the Serpent Lord had been working as hard as he had. The Doshan scrambled to his feet. If that was the case, it really put them back to the same position they were when Rocketblaze took them in. Garet would have to resort to old tactics. He approached slowly this time, his fists half-heartedly raised in protection, he also wobbled a bit, as if the attack had caused more damage then it did. No doubt Tash realized it was a ruse, but even so, Garet knew there was no way he could know exactly what the Doshan had in mind. Leaving himself open in such a way proved too tempting, and Tash swung his fist towards Garet's face with incredible speed. Garet pulled his head to his side and his jaws closed right onto Tash's wrist.

Garet snapped his head downward, pulling Tash forward. Blood coated his jaws, and he recieved several blows from Tash which, despite his thick skin, were taking their toll. But the Doshan held tightly, growling like a feral animal. He threw himself onto Tash knocking them both down, and began spinning himself into an alligator-like death roll.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

The forest was a luscious green, leaves began to fall around Raven as he removed one of the daggers from the belt that he had within his robe. He moved to an open prairie like area, and sat down, it was time to meditate. Before he sat down, he set the dagger inside the ground. Raven felt as the force entered into the body, it was a cool sensation, and he could feel it. With eyes closed he could sense the dagger in-front of him, further investigating he found his way back through the forest and into the Serpent's base, he could see the Force Signatures, Rocketblaze's more evident then the other two who seemed to be fighting.

As Raven's thoughts flowed through the Force, they were re-routed to the dagger. With the Force as his aid, he lifted the small knife from the ground. As Raven sat, concentrating, the dagger flew above his head and above the forest canopy. As of now, all Raven was trying to do was get a feeling for the Force, to know that he could control it, to know that he had the luxury of doing so. Raven opened his eyes, letting the Force flow out of him. The dagger fell from high above him, he felt it coming down, he controlled its movement as it entered back into where it had come from, his belt.

Raven continued walking, as he spotted animals here and there. Raven came to a stop; he felt something, something that interested him. He closed his eyes to get a better feel, yes; there it was perched on that tree. Raven ran over to the tree, using the Force to amplify his jump as he arrived by the average sized bird. Inside the bird was something like Raven, a piece of him lost in the always expanding DNA, and inside of him was bird-like DNA. How that occurred he knew not, but it was planned, somehow. As he stared at the bird, it balanced his way over to the branch that Raven was sitting on. Raven moved his hand close to it's claws, as it climbed on top of his, it and continued to crawl up his arm. It stayed looking out over the forest, it was the Keeper.

Raven jumped down from the branch, and used the force to slow down their progression through the air. The bird stayed on his shoulder, even through the landing. He moved softly back to the prairie, the bird flew from his shoulder to the tree that stood alone in the middle, it found its home. Raven grinned as he made his way back through the forest, he didn't have time to think, nor have time to concentrate. He moved back to the Base, entering in as the hood that was over his head disappeared to the top of his back. He walked back and sat back down where he had sat before he excused himself, he wanted to watch the show.

Raven came just in time, it looked as though Garet was about to win the honor of being first trained.

raven.jpg

As Garet begins to roll both himself and Tash, Tash howls from the pain of the bite. Clamping onto Garet, rather than resisting, he avoids most of the damage that Garet had planned on delivering. Waiting until the rolling put him on top, Tash gut-punches Garet with all of his strength. The strike had its desired effect. As Garet's eyes bulge, he releases his hold on Tash's wrist. Bringing his knees up to his chest, he slams his feet into Garet's stomach, further driving the wind out of him, and scooting Tash a few feet away.

It took Garet and Tash a lot longer to get up this time. Holding his savaged left arm close to his body, Tash stares Garet straight in the eye.

We're evenly matched... still.

Giving a small nod, Tash drops his other arm, and faces Garet straight on, with no visible defense.

tashkri.jpg

Garet coughed and held his stomach, doubled over in pain. After several moments of recovery, the Doshan looked up a flash of anger on his face. He growled, Tash's blood still dripping from his jaws. Garet's hand moved to his belt, and the familiar hiss of an activating lightsaber met Tash's ears.

"Draw your weapon, or I will strike you down."

Garet stepped forward holding the saber in both hands. He slashed his blade toward Tash's mid-section.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

"How 'bout no."

Bending backwards until he was parallel to the ground, Tash watches as the blade slowly makes its way past his torso and face. As soon as the crimson blade clears the length of Tash's body, he springs into action.

Twisting back upright, Tash does little more than shove Garet in the back. The motion, along with Garet's momentum, sent the Doshan tumbling to the ground.

Retreating a few steps, Tash keeps his arms down, showing no sign of offense or defense.

"We're on the same team now. Put your lightsaber away before either of us really get hurt."

However, the words had little effect on the frenzied lizard, as Tash's avoidance of the fight further infuriated Garet. With a red sheen in his eyes and a blood-coated mouth, Garet charges Tash once again. Tash slips to the side as Garet's cut slices through air.

"Garet... don't do this."

tashkri.jpg

Tash's words only served to further anger the Doshan.

"Don't be a coward. If you won't fight, than just admit defeat."

His battle cry echoed as he he slashed downward, his saber striking at only empty air. Garet had no hatred for Tash, but it had been so long since he had felt the thrill of combat, he had lost all control. The Serpent Lord recovered from his miss. He ignited the other end of his double-bladed saber, spinning it in front of him. Garet Jax rushed Tash, sweeping the saber high, and then continued spinning in a circle, the other end slashing low. Tash quickly ducked and then leaped over the crimson blades. Much to Garet's frustration he still had yet to draw his own saber.

"I don't need a weapon to defeat you."

Garet knew it was only a matter of time before the deadly blades reached their mark. He wasn't going to let his anger conquer his pride. He was going to defeat Tash fairly. The Doshan's blade returned to his belt, and he lunged at Tash focusing his anger into the Force. Garet's hands landed on Tash's shoulders, and they fell rolling, many blows landing on both sides. Before Tash could use his agility to escape, Garet hooked his arm underneath the Serpent Lord's and pulled up with all his strength. His other hand reached claws gripping Tash's thigh. Garet hefted the Serpent high for a few moments, and then slammed him down with all his strength.

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Bouncing off of the floor, Tash gasps as he feels, and hears, a couple of somethings snap inside of him. Rolling to a stop, Tash tries to get up, but realizes that he can't. Both of his legs had been broken, along with his left arm and multiple ribs. There was also quite a lot of internal damage.

"I never said I wasn't going to fight."

The hoarse whisper, choked in blood, was barely audible to Garet. Clearing his throat, Tash spits out a glob of saliva and blood in Garet's general direction. As the angered Doshan closes in for the victory, Tash reaches for the Force.

Garet meets an invisble wall, constructed of the Force. It wouldn't keep him away forever, but it would serve its purpose. Garet concentrates on breaking through the wall, all of his attention focused on it.

Tash reaches for the Force again, and two of the chairs at the table shoot out. They slam into Garet, the first in his side, and the second in the back. Both chairs shatter at the impact, but they had served their purpose in injuring Garet.

Taking down the wall, Tash watches Garet as another wall of swirling wood comes between them.

tashkri.jpg

Garet doubled over again. His ribs had already been injured, and as they were struck once more he could feel another crack from Tash's attack. It was one of the worst kinds of pain he'd ever felt. But pain only fueled his rage. As more of the wood flew at him, Garet slashed his claws outward, slicing through the material with ease. He pushed forward, cutting away all Tash through at him, and using the Force to slowly take him through Tash's barrier.

His will is strong. I cannot believe he's still pushing back on me.

An object suddenly crashed against his skull. Garet reeled momentarily and his hand went to his forehead. Blood was on his fingers. The Doshan's red eyes narrowed. Garet pushed forward inch by inch until finally he was able to use the Force to shatter the barrier. Garet stumbled forward, regaining his footing right in front of the Serpent Lord. Before Tash could throw any more chairs at him, his clawed foot rested against Tash's neck.

"I could have killed you just then. I believe I have one."

Garet_Jax2.jpg

Struggling to take a breath, Tash feels Garet's weight pressing down on his wind pipe. A memory comes to him, from the days spent on Korriban and with the other Sith students. He had fought until there was no longer a breath in his body, and he had killed two of the other students after he had been disabled. One of them had happened after he was is worse shape than he was in now. Flashing back to the present, Tash quickly evaluates his options, what few of them were left.

Grasping his saber in his right hand, Tash moves with his final strike. Bringing the handle up, he jams the cold metal between Garet's leg, pointed up into his body. Sure, he was going back on what he had said earlier, but now he had to use every tool he had at his disposal. As the cold metal touches the scales of Garet, Tash ignites the blade.

tashkri.jpg

The blade didn't make it very far.

"Very impressive."

By the time the words reached the combatants' ears, the weapon had slid across the floor, as the two had been blasted apart, compliments of Rocketblaze. They looked just as they had in times past, two animals bent on survival in the soft clench of death.

"Lie there for now."

The Serpent Master took leave of the base compound to obtain snap grass and mizweed from the lake. With these he combined bacta, crushing them into a viscous liquid. A mixture of protein compounds and this liquid were then carefully injected into the fallen warriors.

"You'll both be up in a matter of minutes. I shall first teach Tashkri, but the honor will go to Garet. It is with him that I will work first. This will be the fastest and most effective training you've ever received."

As Tashkri was making his way to his feet, and feeling remarkably good in doing so, Rocketblaze lightly touched his head. All his knowledge of sorcery was instantly imprinted within Tashkri's mind, but swiftly locked.

"Tash, I don't want to overwhelm you with this. Find yourself within the Force and focus. Then this barrier will break for you, and you can begin to train yourself. We shall work together to create new, wonderful spells in the future, but for now I have a specific task to undertake."

Moving over to Garet, who was on his feet and in perfect fashion, Rocketblaze did the same as with Tashkri, save the fact that he locked away his knowledge of alchemy. Garet knew the sense of urgency that his master could get and stood at the ready.

"Raven, come with us. There is much you can learn from observing us learn."

So Rocketblaze took Garet and Fatal Raven to a large laboratory, complete with things one would never dream of using.

"Garet, I want you to unlock what is sealed in your mind. Bring forth that knowledge and make something fantabulous out of this."

Rocketblaze placed in front of him a piece of junk. It was a suit of light armor, used heavily in times past. It was to be reconditioned, strengthened, empowered, and finally sent off as a gift.

"I have a task of my own to undertake, and if I am successful, then my power shall know no end, be it with me or another... Fatal Raven, to me! As Garet works, I will tell you my process of approach and application concerning my project. It has been proven that one's essence can be trapped in a crystal if that one is weak. I seek to know if one's power, his true essence in and to the Force, can be willingly contained in a similar crystal. I will focus my efforts on the crystal, feeling its every detail, finding somewhere to hold my power; a way in that can just as easily become a way out. Once I find a pathway, I will concentrate on giving my power to the crystal in that one spot. Hopefully it will hold, and perhaps it will give back to me in the process. We shall see. Just watch and feel my focus."

So Rocketblaze did as he said he would, but got stuck. He could not transit the barrier of air. It was a mental block, but one quickly remedied. He quickly located the blasted he'd been carrying and split the cartridge open. It seeped out gas, which he then used to carry his power into the crystal, making a friend of an inanimate object. It had no soul, yet now it did to Rocketblaze. It was his own, keeping a part of himself. Suddenly feeling drained, he took a knee. He no longer had the ability to sprout wings from his back, his lightsaber was gone from his side and he could not connect with the Force as he did before, feeling only his Force signature within the crystal. Rocketblaze stood as a man and nothing more.

"I've done it. As long as I can summon it back to me, I have created a beautiful bond of sorcery and alchemy... Throwing one's power into an altered substance only detectable to the one connected to it. Once I regain my bearings, I shall attempt recovery of my power."

He smiled, a part of himself closing and another opening. This was his new way, made possible by something that he had yet to truly know, but it was good enough. It made him happy, and that was all he cared about.

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

Raven looked over his Master curiously, one's essence can be trapped in a crystal if that one is weak. The words seemed interesting, they meant that Master Rocketblaze was... weak, but he didn't seem it. He seemed strong within the Force, strong with every breath he takes. He questioned the phrase.

"Master, are you saying that you are weak within the Force, and within yourself?"

It didn't seem right, but no matter, he would find an answer quickly. He started to pace, watching Garet closely unlock his skill. It was amazing; with a touch of a finger you could learn so much, you could be a Master of the Force with the touch of your Master's finger, along with his thoughts.

He moved slowly, eyeing the junk that was piled along the walls, and on the floor. He moved closer to a pair of armor, it wasn't anything special, but it would work, he wanted to use the Force to bend it, to manipulate it in pieces. He focused, breathing through his nose and out of his mouth. He raised his left hand in the direction of the pile, a silver metal emerged without a sound as it floated in the air, Raven squinted harder. The metal made an eerie noise that sounded throughout the room, he placed it down softly.

The Force is easy to use, if you focus on it, your dreams will come true, via your thoughts. Amazing, he triggered his attention back to his Master, waiting for him to answer the question.

raven.jpg

"It is not my complete essence that is in the crystal. Do I stand here, yes I do. Am I still of this world, yes I am. Thus it is a part of me in that crystal, my essence in the Force, but not the essence of myself that lingers there. I saw once a man trapped in a crystal, his complete self. Searcy was his name, and a fool he was. But now, with no foolish intent I shall call upon my powers to wrap me once again in their embrace."

Rocketblaze connected and called forth his power through the same pathway as he sent them into the crystal. The speed with which the Force returned to his was stunning, but even more marvelous were the gifts that he received. The Force was actually rewarding him for bonding with it. For brining a better understanding of the Force to the material universe, he was granted enhancements to all that it had taken from him. The refractive stone was emulated in the glistening, silver armor that encased his body, holding that which was the augmented link... his wings. No longer glistening of the rainbow, but virtually transparent, their blue sheen gave a soft contrast to the textured armor. And then there was the glorymaker. The lightsaber that was at his side was like no other. Having virtually no hindrance of technology, it emitted a light blade that was invisible between the two alchemed metal sides of the sword. If one looked directly into the center of the blade, they would see a red glow, but not for long enough to even allow it registry in their brain. Turning to Fatal Raven, Rocketblaze felt his connection to the Force rising above it's former peak.

"I... have... done it. These powers are great and they are of me. I feel primed; nothing could be better. Come, test all you have learned against me. Let me see what you have learned and what extent my power has grown to."

Edited by Guest

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet