Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

"There are many dining establishments on this beautiful world of Chandrila, but sadly I cannot accompany you though like everything from my owners, I am for sale if you have the credits. Is there anything else I can assist you with good sir?" 

Kyle raised his eyebrow and looked her up and down again. Then looked up at the sign above his head in a puzzled manner. Then he looked back at her and squinted an eye at her.

"Look, kid. That's a cute trick. I should probably be flattered that you can mimic my voice. Or concerned? I don't know. But cut it out. It's creepy."

Kyle pinched his eyebrows a little and took a deep breath. Then he sighed and continued.

"Here's the thing. Let's cut to the chase. Senator Godfrey D'Outremer. I'll make you a deal. I have in important business deal with the missing Senator. It seems he got lost. If you can direct me to his location, I'll buy you after the meeting is done if your information is really really good. Deal?"

Kailsig1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chandrila, a jewel of the Core worlds. Populated and wealthy from its position on the Galactic Trade Routes made it a prime target for Refugees and raiders alike. From the hyperlanes to its partner in the Core, Coruscant, came a dozen probe droids. They were the Imperial models of old, had enough scanners to be worth the small expense, but were meant to send a message.

The Mandalorians were coming for all that stood in their path. The Core worlds would fall, and their wealth be consumed in Kad Ha’rangir’s glorious Crusade. Death was coming.

Terra

To the Death...

The girl smiled widely at the bounty hunter, her eyes returning to their shifting colour spectrum as she accessed records files. 

"You seek the bounty placed by the Black Sun, as such the information is free, as of fifteen minutes ago he was spotted by holodroids ordering at the Blue Cabana."

She pointed a metal plated hand towards the top of a skyscraper some 800 floors tall. 

"A beautiful scene, healthy food, distractions. Best of luck, and I look forward to your return." 

She smiled again and itched the holopoint cord that was secured to the back of her head which fed her the information. 

pJzctEZ.png

Kail's hand hovered over the girl's head for a moment as he self-deliberated on whether or not to pat her on the head. However, his hesitation only lasted for a second or two before he reluctantly followed through and smiled awkwardly at her as best as he could.

"You betcha, kid. I'll see you around, okay?"

If he was being honest, the whole slaves with cybernetic units and all the extra bells and whistle creeped him out a bit. In his opinion, it should be illegal. But then again, the Black Sun was a criminal organization to begin with. So how they got away with functioning at all in the Core Worlds was beyond Kail.

As Kyle made his way towards the ridiculously-sized skyscraper and its "Blue Cabana" club, he could sense the tension from the crowds of travelers and natives. With every new report, the situation regarding Coruscant kept looking more and more tragic and the latest reports suggested that a Mandalorian infestation had begun to fester in what was left of the once proud world. They were undoubtedly not real Mandalorians. Those that carried true Mandalorian blood in their vains were few and far between. Outside of his father's world and the occasional unknown lineage of perhaps a few stray Rimmers, the real Mandalorians bloodline was lost long, long ago. But what morally flexible group of individuals doesn't like a good excuse to wreck havoc on the weak, the wealthy, or those who have wronged them? Especially when they can dress it up as a cause, a legacy, or their destiny.

The Elevator dinged as the doors opened with a "whoosh" and Kyle was usher into a hallway along with a handful of other guests. He pressed forward partly with a purpose and party out of sheer curiosity. What was the "Blue Cabana"? Kyle decided that he'd follow the directions of the any attendants and then survey the establishment once he was inside before trying to spot his mark. It never hurt to get a good "layout of the land" before formulating a plan.

Taking a deep breath, Kyle cracked his knuckles before muttering to himself, "Here goes nothing..."

Kailsig1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

"I said I would want another glass of your finest Corellian." The harsh and sad voice of the Senator from the League of Tapani Freeworlds barked out at the droid bartender. Who simply nodded and with a tap of his finger added another 20 credit charge to the Senators already overburdened tab. The proprietors doubted the GA or the Tapani would even pay up for such a tab, but they held their tongues, and served the senator food and drink as the galaxy plummeted into shambles around them. Chandrila itself might pay them handsomely for a bargaining chip like the Senator, when the Sith came to beck and call. 

The senator took the offered glass and drank deeply, his blue robes and the mark of the Tapani embroidered upon it making him an easy mark.    

godfrey.png.1b7b62c09ee5dd5a9bb076a769485c63.png

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Godfrey d'Outremer

• 2 weeks later...

A message comes over the holonet to Chandrila, beamed from the undestroyed holonet transceivers of Coruscant. It was a beastlike howl of rage and bloodlust, a chorus of death. A bursting of static, and a metallic roar followed. Demonic laughter came then, with the voice of Mandalore the Heartless

"What is coming is without mercy. Cruelty and pain. The death of your world. Prepare for Kad Ha'Rangir's coming"

Terra

To the Death...

• 3 weeks later...

Orion Wolfe strode down the causeway, adjusting the black gloves of his rigid uniform. He was old salt, a man of Borleias, proud in his way, but still holding the humbleness of a poor upbringing onboard conscripted cruisers during the last war. The Ara-Lai had been his command for the last year under the command of the Jedi Order, and they had treated him well. This mission they were conducting had an air of desperation, but he understood the necessity of at least saving the lives of the poor and innocent of Chandrila. As such the ragtag fleet emerged from hyperspace right over the planet into packed spacelanes. 

Sandy, standing beside him issued orders for the corvettes to begin their work of evacuating the Corennina Orphanage. Then they would begin on the central government complex. 

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Aidan's shuttle rocketed out of the starry expanse back into realspace, and immediately began the descent to Chandrila to reconnect with the Imperial and Jedi Forces. Their route kept them on a straight line towards the rendezvous, cutting through the atmosphere like a spear. Aidan steeled himself for the eventuality that the Mandalorians would invade well before they had time to get the civilians out, an eventuality he hoped would never come to pass. Then again, that was war. Still, his pilot was no slouch, and Aidan himself had a trick or two up his sleeve. He accessed the comms system on the shuttle, encrypting a message and broadcast a short message to his allies:

"Imperial Knight Aidan Darkfire reporting in to the forces commander. Sorry I'm late to the party, let me know where I can best serve."

• Like 1

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

Misericordia.

Emerald eyes fluttered open and a spinning nausea overtook the Exorcist. The body was not her own. Younger, less broken. No rampaging pain from shattered flesh and bone. She blinked and the world focused to a ceiling of cracked and molded plaster.

Why did the Force call me here…?

Kyrie’s eyes closed and she focused on her own mind, expanding the locus of control throughout her body. She could feel the rhythmic song of the Force, the sounds of the light as she had not heard since her work with Xae-Lin-Ardel.

A gasping, shuddering breath brought warmth into her chest. With its release came silver fire that curled to that cracked and broken ceiling.

Rebirth in Holy Fire. Why had there only been darkness? Where was the light?

She slowly began to move. Her joints felt as though they were filled with lead and lubricated with sand. Another breath, a churning hiss of pained effort. The body was unnatural, a foreign form that her spirit struggled to control. The Exorcist rolled to a sitting position, closing her eyes to stop the world from its nauseating spinning.

“Awenydd what the hell did you do?”

It was a small girl’s voice, filled with a fusion of wonder and confusion. Kyrie could feel small hands gripping her tattered tunic and it was then that her nervous system began to take in the rush of proprioceptive information of her surroundings. She was wearing clothing, which gave her some small bit of relief. She was sitting on a lumpy bed that bore no bedclothes. The air smelled of sweat and panic.

“What devilry did you spin?”

Kyrie opened her eyes to stare into the young girl’s face. She had tousled, brown hair and a thin, kind face that was filled with shock. Around them both were candles and an old holopad that was displaying the history of the Revanchists.

“You did it…”

The girl jumped back from Kyrie’s silver-fired eyes with a yelp, stumbling over a pile of flimsiplast

“You made yourself into a weapon to fight the Mandalorians…”

The Force flooded her with sensation. There were familiar presences nearby. To those, she sent a greeting of Silver Flame. The Master of the Exorcists had returned.

Misericordia.

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

The force moved around the bridge of the Ara-Lai with all the subtlety of a bothan hurricane. It manifested in the white flame that she had begun to associate with the path of the Exorcists. Those brave remnants of the Empire, now only a few dozen in number. It was an honour to be greeted so equally by one that was easily the rank of grand master in their order. Her surprised grin became even fuller as the voice of Darkfire echoed through the central communications hub. She instantly suppressed a blush and forced her heart to slow. This was not the time for childish crushes, but it was time to be the Jedi Knight she had trained to be. She looked back at the expectant comms officer and strode forward.

“Imperial Knight Darkfire, thank you for your assistance, please join the CR-90 Ashla's Nocturne in its evacuation of the Northern wing of the Corennina Orphanage. That is the premature and intensive care ward. Sarna out.”  

Her voice was calm but friendly, it did her heart good to see more than just the Jedi out in force today. And if the Mandalorians came out in force ere the evacuation was done, she would be glad to have Darkfire and Eleison by her side.She closed her eyes and reached out to both of them in a friendly embrace, thanking them for their presence and pouring resolve through the force. The comm’s officer also tightbeamed the shuttle and the exorcist’s datapad the orders of evacuation and triage. As well as the location of the microjump staging point at the edge of the system where the larger transports were being loaded by the smaller jedi ships outside of the invasion corridor.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Aidan's head cocked as he heard the reply. The voice sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite place it... Still, he acknowledged, and his pilot began a controlled descent. What he was met with was mostly chaos. Ships were departing without air clearance, there were telltale signs of smoke from several locations in the city already. Panic had set in, and with it rioters and looters. The hyenas who capitalized on discord to benefit themselves.

Dishonorable scum. If Aidan had any say here, he would easily have left some to the coming wolves, but he knew the Jedi would try to save them all. Besides, he wasn't nearly experienced enough to play at judge, jury, and executioner. In what used to be the Empire, he would have been the law, but he dreaded the thought of making a misstep and condemning the innocent.

And then Aidan felt his master. Impossible yet unmistakable. He'd watched her die; witnessed her become one with the Force. How was this possible? Her presence shone like a beacon from the very orphanage they were headed to, so Aidan knew he would soon have his answers. Moments later, the pilot had the shuttle in hover near the roof, allowing Aidan to drop off before lifting off to maintain a low orbit out of the way of most of the space traffic. Should they need him he would be close enough to hastily exfiltrate, but for now he'd only be in the way as the shuttle wasn't large enough to ferry a significant number of people to the larger capital ships.

Several personnel were already inside coordinating the evacuation, giving Aidan the time he needed to track down Kyrie. As he neared, he unslung her lightsaber from his makeshift bandolier, gripping it tightly. It seemed to be drawn to her as well, confirming his suspicions. Finally, he rounded a door, catching sight of a young woman who resembled Kyrie slightly, but was definitely younger, looking to be still in her teens. He tensed, unsure what to do with this knowledge, his thumb hovering over the activation stud. If this were some trick of the dark side, an impostor, she would be short lived.

"...Master?"

A small voice bubbled to the surface of Kyrie’s mind, floating to the surface of the confusion and mystery that surged about in her rebirth. It was a soft voice, one that matched with the smaller and kinder form into which she had been called.  It was filled with a gentleness that was soothing, but also a firmness that displayed a fighting will.

…Blackthorn is my name.

Kyrie stepped forward into the rush of evacuating orphans and whispered her own response, the fire of the Exorcists spreading across the pale skin of her palms. She felt powerful, unrestricted by the scars and traumas of her past. Basic came readily to her tongue, unweighted by a stutter of doubt.

“I am Kyrie Eleison, Revanchist, Master of the Exorcists.”

A small laugh reflected a victorious spirit.

…I did it then, brought a soldier of Revan to destroy the Mandalorians.

Kyrie glanced about the running children, her locus of control beginning to reflect the confusion and chaos of war. It was familiar, she had felt it when the Sith had come to Ossus. She had no knowledge of a Mandalorian threat, only the Sith had been her enemy. Her fingers curled into fists. Mandalorians.

“Did Moon Knight finally attack?”

There was no answer, only a feeling of uncertainty. The familiar presence of her apprentice burst forth nearby, vibrant and chaotic. It was like the fragrance of the Oerkanji bloom after a spring rain. Refreshingly alive. A heartbeat of life in the bereavement of a world in upheaval.

“…Master?”

Kyrie’s violet eyes matched his emerald gaze, and a kind smile formed across her unscarred face. He looked older, more battle-hardened. Chaos dripped from him into the force, causing ripples that washed across her. She held out both her hands, palms up in an offering of peace, but an unnatural instinct pulled her to wrap him in an embrace. She burned with the force, her heartbeat hammering her joy into both of them with uncontrolled flame. She was not as strong, not as harsh, but she was much more alive then she had ever been. 

“Aiden. I’ve missed you.”

Far above the reuniting of the valiant Imperial Knights, Sandy stood on the bridge of  the Ara-Lai. Named after a long gone Jedi of the era some ten years before Sandy's own birth. A jedi from a time long before the current era of the Sith, when a stable republic fought an Empire of the Sith. Sandy herself wondered if such a Jedi as Ara-Lai or Starlisk, Andon, or that illusive Exorcist Locke Starspanker of whom the statue on Ossus stared emptily into the distance would have to say on the state of the Galaxy. So few Jedi now, so few left to fight that rising tide of darkness. Then she thought of her old friend Mirdala who had withstood the slavers tortures beside her. Was she in that mass of Mandalorians that now descended to feast on the dying Republic?

No. She could not be. None of those Mandalorians, Fett or Mirdala would stand for the sacking of the core worlds. As such they must have been overthrown and the Galaxy was so much the worse for it. She clenched her hands on the railing before her as she watched as one by one, transports exited the atmosphere to jump into lightspeed beyond the invasion corridor. There would be time to stem the darkness. There had to be. 

Sandy knew that she would have to make a stand here if any stand could be made. Perhaps as Revan had done some five thousand years before. Dueling a Mandalore to end the war. But for now she watched and prayed the Mandalorians would give them enough time to evacuate the orphanages. That at least Sandy was confident they could accomplish.

Calix Meus Inebrians

Aidan stiffened at her embrace, not returning it, though after a moment his tension eased. Every sense in his body except his eyes was telling him this was Kyrie. He was still confused, but he had no other choice but to accept what was. After the hug, he offered her the long-hilted lightsaber.

"I don't understand. I saw you die. I felt you die. They didn't clone you, and you look...well...different."

As soon as she would take her lightsaber back, it would become far more apparent to both of them the dark taint surrounding the other hilts Aidan wore at his waist. They were taken from the body of the Sith she had fought, and Aidan hadn't thought anything of them since their corruption had been more or less balanced out by Kyrie's saber. Even after death she had protected him, though in a way neither could have predicted.

Kel's personal fighter the star chaser exited hyperspace entering Chandrilla. as he began approaching the ship carrying his master, a pair of imperial tie fighters surrounded him on his left and right. shortly after a radio channel was opened between Kel and the two pilots. 

"You are in imperial occupied space. State your name and business."

"My name is Kel Koon. I am a Padawan of the Jedi order. I've come here to Assist My master Who is on one of your ships. You might Know her as Jedi knight Sandy Sarna."

"Stand by."

The pilots the n proceeded to contact their superiors in order to verify his claim.

5V8Toxy.png

Sandy's familiar voice crackled through the speakers of Kel's shuttle, wry with laughter and he could hear her smile through the comm link. 

"Kel? I am so glad you are here! Please join the Imperial Knights in the evacuation of the orphanage, then when all is finished, please join me onboard the Ari-Lai. May the force be with you!" 

Her voice dissappeared with a crackle but he would be able to feel the calmness of the force flowing out to greet him. 

((The Orphanage is filled with many hundreds of children left parentless by the coruscant disaster as well as the occupation of Onderon. Feel free to land and begin helping children onboard your shuttle and the Jedi frieghters/Corevettes.))

Calix Meus Inebrians

The hearts of ten-thousand warriors churned for war. Some sought blood. Others the redemption of sins. What they all sought was honor in battle. The Mandalorian fleet erupted from hyperspace at the edge of the system. From the flagship, the medusa-class Star Dreadnaught, wings of basilisks poured, swarming like blood beetles. Ravenous and hungry. They sought a corpse to devour. Flesh to gorge themselves on, and Chandrila would be stripped to nothingness. All that would remain would be sun-bleached bones and the sorrow of widows and orphans. 

Across holonet broadband came a warcry. Bestial and wolfish

"Come to war. Bring your strongest to be judged..." 

Terra

To the Death...

Aidan’s emerald eyes were clouded by the murkiness of doubt, Kyrie could see that, even as his body stiffened under her embrace. He felt different, more clouded. She stepped back and looked up at him. She was shorter now, and it made the whole world feel different. His words pained her, as she could feel his pain in them. It ripped into the force, unconstrained emotion.

…I Felt you die…

Kyrie pulled her blonde hair back, lashing it with a scrap of leather she had around her wrist. She stretched, her small muscles rippling under her pale skin. Her voice held a sorrow, but also a happiness. She spoke the code she had memorized on Ossus under Xae-Lin-Ardel

“There is no death; There is the Force”

She held her palms open before her, and her long-handled blade danced across the room, to settle into her grasp. It was heavier then she remembered. It crackled in its ignition, and it blended into her spirit. Her locus of control enveloped it and the silver blade became more then a tool, it held a part of her life within it.

“To every soul within this galaxy, death comes soon or late.”

Kyrie began to feel Aidan. Feel a deepset darkness, like a cloud of smoke obscuring the sunlight. His fire was tinged with it. She finished her poem as her violet eyes washed over him, taking in his new weapons.

“And what way could I have died better, then facing fearful odds, until I was nothing but ashes out of the reach of God.”

She let the blade extinguish and stepped close to her apprentice.

“Your weapons bear the evil of the Sith… You will need training to overcome their influence. But don't worry, I will not take from you the trophies of war.”

She was disappointed. Not in her apprentice, but in herself for being so lax in her training of him. The Force was filled with the chaos of evacuation. Children screamed, abandoned and alone. She gave Aidan a kind smile

“To purify, one must know how to calm their own soul.”

She indicated the evacuation about them.

“Calm their wayward souls. Wipe away their tears with your spirit.”

She pressed out with her presence, filling the room with a soothing calmness. A song of peace amongst the chaos.

“Now you try.”

• Like 1

"You have been cleared to approach. welcome to Chandrilla Jedi Kel." the tie fighters broke off and allowed Kel passage into their territory. Kel did as his master instructed and went toward the planet surface to aid in the evacuation.

Kel's ship landed alongside the freighters. The cock pit popped open and Kel climbed out of the ship and onto solid ground.

Kel approached the one of the Orphanage caretakers, a human woman who appeared immensely relieved with their arrival. "Thank you for coming. We have been waiting anxiously for your arrival. the children especially have been quite distressed."

Kel nodded to the woman "Master Sandy has made me aware of the situation. We will do everything we can to get the orphans to a safe haven. You have my word as a Jedi." 

"Thank you master jedi." the woman gave a small bow which Kel reciprocated. The two of them along with the imperials went to work gathering the orphans on the transport ships in a calm and orderly manner.

5V8Toxy.png

Sandy could feel every little bit of joy in her heart sap instantly when the alarms in the bridge bellowed their shrill song and the massive hyperdrive signatures of the Mandalorian fleet arrived ten AU outside the edge of the evacuation corridor. The bridge was deathly quiet after the TAC officer reached forward and with a flick silenced the alarm. Sandy could feel a dozen pairs of eyes on the back of her blonde head as she took a deep breath, her mind racing for solutions. Her knowledge of mandalorians was pretty much null and void at this point, her only interactions having been with the Mandalorians under Fett. Mirdala herself Sandy counted as more of a mother than the woman who had abandoned her on Gala. But those Mandalorians were either in hiding or wiped away by this new death cult. A cult of honour and violence.

She was technically the ranking Jedi on Chandrila, and the Grandmaster had selected her to lead the taskforce. Though she could feel Kyrie below, she did not anticipate her being equipped to fight and take on any mandalorians, especially if they could just groundstrike the with nuclear missiles like back on Serrecco.

Come to war. Bring your strongest to be judged

What was it that Revan had done at the close of the Mandalorian wars?

She pointed to the COMMS officer as an idea began to form in her mind. Not a perfect idea, but one that appealed to both her own sense of being a Jedi, and what she perceived as the Mandalorian Ideal.

“Open me a communication to the Imperial Knights and our forces on the ground, closed band, encrypted.”

“Copy ma’am.”

When the commlink was established to the projedi forces she began the nervous speech.

Imperial knights, Jedi, Republic troops, the mandalorians have come in force as we have feared. Wrap up your evacuations, and prepare for an escape back to allied space. I will delay the enemy until you can all safely make your departures, I want no acts of singular bravery, evacuate all that you can and then live to fight another day. May the force be with you. Sarna out.”

The communication cut out, and the stares from the bridge crew became even harsher. She swallowed the apprehensive bile that suddenly came up in her throat and pointed back to the COMMS officer.

“Open a communication to their Mandalore, broad spectrum and on guard as well.”

The comms officer nodded wide eyed. And Sandy stepped forward onto the holopad.  

It’s time to be that Jedi you always wanted to be

And with a snap of her fingers the COMMS officer indicated that she was live. Sandy stood tall and straight backed, her armour showing above her traditional jedi tunic. Her hand resting softly on the pommel of her long handled lightsabre. She spoke in basic with the pronunciation of the mandalorian titles as she had learned nearly six years before in a cell on Tatooine.

“Mand'alor, I, Jedi Knight Sandy Sarna, commander of the Jedi fleet accept your challenge of battle. I alone will fight for the fate of this planet and its inhabitants. Meet me in honourable combat at the location of your choosing. To the death or capture, my only demand is that the Jedi forces and evacuation ships be allowed to leave unmolested. They offer no great honour in their destruction. and the planet is not armed. I await your decision.”

Here goes kriffin nothing. But she knew that she had just signed her own death warrant. And she couldn't have been happier. 

((Apprentice Kel, keep on with the evacuations. Should I fall in battle I will meet you on Nar Shaddaa. Follow the Imperials there.))

Calix Meus Inebrians

Kel sensed the arrival of a large hostile force up above Chandrila's orbit. shortly after their declaration of destruction, he and the imperial knights received an encrypted message from Master Sandy.

"Imperial knights, Jedi, Republic troops, the mandalorians have come in force as we have feared. Wrap up your evacuations and prepare for an escape to allied space. I will delay the enemy until you can all safely make your departures, I want no singular acts of bravery. Evacuate all that you can and then live to fight another day. May the force be with you. Sarna out."

after the message ended, Kel noticed that a group of children was staring at him. 'Druk. they must have over heard the message.' a small blue skinned Twi'lek boy stepped forward and asked "Are we going to die?" Kel knelt down and placed his hand on the boy's shoulder in a calming manner. "No. Everything is going to be alright. None of you are going to die while we're here to protect you. do you understand?"

the boy and his friends nodded in the affirmative and proceeded  to board the freighters. 

Kel deduced that there were other Jedi on the chandrila besides himself from Sandy's message. After inquiring the imperial knights, he learned that there was a master and an apprentice were in the  very orphanage they were sent to evacuate. Kel went into the orphanage to speak with them.  

Edited by karyu128
original post caused unintended confusion
5V8Toxy.png

Terra knelt, unarmored and unarmed aboard the command deck of the Star Dreadnaught. She had just washed, scrubbing her pale flesh clean of the battle with Kain in the refresher. She could have used sonic, but fresh water was far more ceremonial, so her russet hair hung in damp, loose braids down the back of her simple tunic.

Her hands clasped and unclasped as she knelt, the unconscious tremors of a warrior fresh from war. Her eyes were closed but she could still see the battlefield before her. The crack of her battlerifle, the stock knocking into her shoulder, the rush of her heartbeat in her ears. Her body began to shiver, but not from the cold. Her stomach felt as though it was a coiled rope, submerged in a glacial sea. Her mouth was sour. She bit back the vomit as it tried to leave her.

Terra could show no weakness here. Not amongst her warpriests. Her hand grasped the crystal totem about her neck, but its electric feel did not calm her. The voice of a girl bubbled over the comlink, nervous but filled with the placid disinterest of the Jedi. Before the words were even recognizable, Terra’s mind moved to remember the Jedi she had killed.

Kitt Fitt and Dahar Raikanda. Gunned down on that rusting, entropic world of Nar Shaddaa. Kitt’s lightsaber was still her possession. She remembered prying it from his dead fingers, staring into the unseeing eyes of a Grandmaster. Had they deserved that fate?

Scorp. Burned by her flame and pierced by a thousand flechettes. She remembered standing over the corpse and shooting it until it was unrecognizable, ending the scene with a disruptor blast that had turned the mangled flesh to ash and dust. He had deserved his fate. The teenager’s lips curled into a sneer as one of the warpriests approached, but her eyes remained closed

“Mandalore, the Jeedai has offered a challenge.”

Terra’s chimeric eyes flashed as they opened and she rolled into a standing position, she cracked her neck and winced at the pain that rushed from her legs. They had fallen asleep without her noticing.

“A foolish bet. One battle for an entire planet.”

She stretched slowly and opened her commlink to respond, her voice gravely and dark

“As you desire… Jeedai…”

Terra stepped back from the comms station, skipping and bouncing from leg to leg to restore their bloodflow. Two warpriests approached with her armor and weapons. The armor was a polished matte black, the only mark of color being the circlet of copper that ringed the helmet. It was time again for war.

Terra

To the Death...

The vision that had kept her alive in those dark cells on Thalassia or Tatooine, that of her saving the galaxy from some galactic threat and bringing light to a galaxy of darkness were seeming to the young Jedi Knight all the more possible. Even though the eyes of the entire bridge crew on the back of her head brought her more nervousness than any kind of joy. SHe stared at the viewport for a long time as she heard the Mandalorian’s retort. Long enough that she could pick out her pale reflection on the viewport, cast against the distant stars and the huge Dreadnought slowly eclipsing them.

“Ma’am?”

Came the captain's voice, he seemed as surprised as she that the ploy had worked. And his shock carried with it a tad of incredulity, as if he doubted she would follow through. Sandy took a deep breath, running her hand through her hair and tucking the old padawan braid back behind her ear. She turned on her heel and looked at the bridge crew of the Ara-Lai.

“Comms, give acknowledgement and send with it the description of my ship. I will be taking one of the Jedi Aces.”

She looked around to the bridge crew and nodded, her finger nervously playing with one of the green feathers braided into the lock of hair that fell past her right ear.

“Return to the surface to assist the evacuation, take one load of passengers, then to hyperspace and safety.” She grinned though she didn’t feel the joy in her heart, just a black splotch of nervousness. “May the force be with you all. Captain you have the bridge.”

And with that, the commander of the relief flotilla made her way to the hanger bay and into the slick angular cockpit of a Jedi Ace starfighter. She left the helmet where it was in the cargo pocket beside her and with the flip of a few switches disengaged the magnetic locks and was on her way to the Star Dreadnought. Alone. Once she had cleared the orbital gravity well of the planet, she switched off the main deflector shields and left the weapons systems powered off. She kept on the kinetic deflectors in case a random piece of space trash decided to end her career before it had even really begun. She flipped another switch which activated the IFF transponder which had been set to match the one sent with the broadcast to the mandalorian forces. And when that was done and she was accelerating towards the Mandalorian invasion force with little more than a lightsabre and some knives, she sat back against the seat and let her eyelids flutter closed.

First she focused on the nervousness itself, then the distractions. One by one she let them be released from affecting her, swallowing them in the force and letting them be replaced by joy.

Joy at the opportunity, joy in life itself. She let the negatives pass and fed the calm happiness instead. And when she landed aboard the Mandalorian Star-Dreadnought Medusa, escorted by a flight of scary looking starfighters whose riders sat in the cold void, Sandy was smiling. It was accepted. All of it, even her likely death. For the evacuation would be successful. At least of the orphanage, and those thousands of lives were worth it. Worth everything. Even if she would have to experience the torture again.

She climbed down out of the cockpit and smiled at the cluster of large men and women in their hulking iron suits. It was not a smile of superiority, but a smile of friendliness. She maintained that smile even as she walked through the throngs of deadly and chanting warriors to stand before their God incarnate. Mandalore. She bowed and extended a hand in greeting to the surprisingly smaller woman than she had expected. From her stature she could not have been much older than Sandy was herself. Though her face was young she had some kind of metal in her mouth, though if it was a dental appliance of some kind of reconstructive surgery, the young jedi knight could not tell. 

“Mand’alor. A pleasure to meet you in the flesh.” She pointed to the large circle surrounded by warriors and marked by what looked like branches of wood. "I assume this is where we fight? Any special rules of a fight like this?" 

Calix Meus Inebrians

Terra stripped the tunic from her flesh, revealing the pale canvas of skin beneath. It was as stark as bleached bone, stained with a dotting of freckles, and lined with crimson tattoos. She had scraped the hair from her body with a whittled bone-knife, lined with obsidian. She met the eyes of the warpriests about her but none of them cared about her nakedness. They averted their gaze in admiration.

Mandalore took a vial of mud from one of the warpriests that knelt before her. Rivermud of the Kelita, gathered from the granite upon which Keldabe stood. Into it she dipped the multicolored crystal of her talisman. The mud was as dark as deepspace and as thick as resin. With it she began to etch her canvas of pale skin with the symbols of her people. She whispered her poem, her prayer to Kad Ha’rangir

“We bear armor stained crimson…”

She dug the crystal’s tip into her breastbone, letting the dark mud mix with her own blood. The pain diminished as soon as it came. The songs of war had her heart pounding in her ears, and the excitement washed away the discomfort.

“Red with blood are our weapons when we come to fight”

She finished her drawing and licked the mud from the crystal. It tasted as bitter as it had the day she had collected it. Forest loam washed with the blessed river.

“We have washed in the morass of your rain…”

The warpriests pressed silver flowers into her design and bound her in the sentinel armorweave that made up the uniform she wore beneath her beskar’gam. The armor plating came next. Each plate was made of the Mandalorian steel which the galaxy seemed to have such a fancy for. Weapons came to her then. Vibroblades. Flamer. Flechette pistols. Sonic. Disrupters. All were a voice in her chorus of war.

The warpriests handed her the warhelm, its black faceplate an ancient relic. Copper was the band that encircled it. She ran a gloved finger over the metal, watching as it reflected the fluorescent lighting of the warchambers. Her crown.  

“For we are your bersærkergang

Terra hung the buy’ce on her hip and took the bundle of branches from the warpriests. She inspected them carefully, looking for bad omens. They were ancient, blackened branches of a Galek tree, harvested from the cairn of the Deathwatch. Windworn and blessed with the blood of a hundred sacrifices. They were wet now, stained with the sticky blood from each of her warpriests.

Within the hangerbay, she laid the ancient branches in a circle of fifteen meters in diameter. Within it, Terra knelt at its very center. A warpriest placed the darkened flower of her god into her mouth and it melted on her tongue, leaving behind the burning taste of ash and earth. It was then the Jedi arrived. A child. Terra studied her face, staring with her dilated, chimeric eyes. The world about her seemed to shimmer like the air over the Kelita on a hot day. Her face held the familiar smile of the Jedi, a casual disinterested thing with a bland expression she only saw on Jedi and those about to blow their own heads off.

Terra grasped the Jedi’s forearm, stepping uncomfortably close in the style of the Mandalorians and flashing her a smile of darkmetal. Blonde hair. Green eyes. She smelled like the Jedi always did, of meditation and self-righteousness. Nothing was ever unique or interesting. Stepping backwards to her side of the circle, she put her hands to her sides, and placed her buy’ce upon her head.

The world was dark for but a moment before the 360-degree viewscreen showed before her eyes, along with her HUD. Full fuel. Combat AI was active. She flipped the viewscreen through a variety of lightsources and let the combat-suite analyze the Jedi’s movement patterns as she made her way to the opposite side. Terra’s hands pre-selected weapons but did not yet move to draw them. She would use flechettes or sonic to obliterate the woman. The gauntlet on her right forearm registered as ready to send out her liquefied flame. The nozzles on her jetpack cycled through movement patterns in coordination with escape techniques.

Jedi liked to jump about vhe'viins and slice things with their laser-swords. She had fought many of that kind of jedi, and she was a hunter. Her voice was cruel and bitter.

"No rules, Jeedai."

Terra

To the Death...

The woman smelled like blood and gristle that had been too long cooked on an open fire. That and a healthy mix of engine grease and a different smell Sandy couldn’t recognize. She squeezed the girl’s arm as had as the mandalorian leader squeezed her own, and Sandy had a hilarious thought of leaning in for a kiss as a joke to ruin the tension in the room. But decided she didn’t want to just get outright killed by the mandalorians and their warparty, so just laughed internally at the image of such a thing. She broke into a smile as the woman released her arm and Sandy walked to her side of the circle. Gauging her distance from the mandalorian as a sparse ten or so meters Sandy reached out her hand and pulled the long handled lightsabre from her belt. Her fingers traced the familiar edges of the long handle, her scarred white hands finding their way by instinct to the double handed grip. Her hands placed about a hand apart, and gripping the silver cylinder in a light grip in front of her.

With a twitch of her thumb on a well worn red button the silver-white blade shot forth from the handle. Thirty two inches in length, and it reflected well on the well polished armour standing in a circle around her and the leader of the mandalorian death cult.

She tipped the blade in salute and closed her eyes, letting the force gather in eddies around her.

“No rules then Mand’alor.” Her voice was soft and subdued, almost sad as she concentrated on the room. Filling herself with the joy of battle, memories, and the electric like pulse of raw emotion that had filled the large room. The mandalorians were begging for a challenger, begging for death themselves to please their god. She exhaled, letting the fear drain from her to be discarded. She raised the glowing blade until the handle was equal with her own chest and the blade angled towards herself, the silver blade hovering an inch above her shoulder. The power gathered around her legs like a spring, imbuing her for movement.

And when the warpriest who was busy dancing in a chant finished with a yell, Sandy Sarna, commander of the Jedi flotilla and old apprentice of the Grandmaster moved into action.

The force propelled her towards the Mandalorian, speeding her sprint as she moved her silver blade in an arcing cut and switch into opposite guards. Bringing the handle in front of her into a circular strike that would if it connected, cut the mandalorian from groin to helmet in a brutal undercut with the easy twist of her pale hands. The trick was of course connecting and not getting slagged while doing it. 

This was not all the Jedi Knight did however, as she was well trained and mastered in the art of telekinetic projection she began to use that as well. Gathering the force into multiple tendrils with her mind as the cut arced in front of her. It would likely be a long fight, and she would need all the help she could get.

((1))

Calix Meus Inebrians

"So you seek to defy me? The voice that haunted my mind spoke as I sat upon Hati within the blackened void, thousands of my brethren upon my back, deafening silence even amongst we legions.

"I only defy the will that is not my own or that of my Manda'lor, your chosen one." I retorted as my unholy gaze shifted about the battlefield, the static of my vision blurred save for the cautionary figurines of what laid before us.

"Yet it was I whom gave you purpose Dar'Manda, one who gave you sight where your kind is denied it by your birthright." It responded slyly, attempting to cause me to doubt my convictions, fully aware that it would hold no sway no matter which button it managed to push or string it managed to pull.

"A cursed sight that ended my Clan and left me soulless, an unwanted touch upon the mystical powers that my enemies behold. I spoke as I patted Hati's metallic form, before looking both to my right and left flanks, knowing what laid ahead of us all, and what resistance would befell us.

"But a power nonetheless, the very power you wage war against in my name, yours to be weilded." It spoke as I raised my hand high into the air, the semblance of my blade glimmering but for a moment against the star's reflection.

"I choose the path my Manda'lor wishes, not you." I spoke as I dropped my blade forward and began the assault as thousands upon thousands of mounted Mandalorians burst forward like a swarm destined to cleanse a soon to be reaped field before harvest, its initial aimed being the Jedi Ship Ara-Lai... and any whom dared oppose us.

"Oya! For Manda'lor!

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

There was a long moment of hesitation. Aidan felt what Kyrie had done, he knew what she wanted him to do, and still... there was doubt. Aidan's inner calm was little more than a joke at this point. His whole life had been consumed in strife, conflict, and abandonment. How could he tap into something so broken inside him to help these people? How could he fix them when he was such a tattered mess?

He exhaled slowly and allowed his eyes to fall closed, reaching deep into the Force, connecting his minds with their own ever so subtly. Dashed hopes, fears, anxiety, and panic all plagued them whether they showed it or not. And for a moment, Aidan saw himself in them, a shattered mirror of what he was, what he wanted to be. And for a moment, he faltered. Briefly, there was more chaos. A dresser falling over, adults yelling at the children not moving fast enough. By instinct, he flexed his influence, shoving himself into their minds, forcefully quelling the anxieties, shoving them down and out of the way. The pain remained, but it was subdued, any attempt to focus on those negative thoughts would be met with mental needles of reprimand. He controlled them, forcing them to move faster, the hidden puppet master behind the metaphysical curtain. All dancing to the beat of his marching tune...

Except one. She stood out from the others, a young girl of barely five or so. Her connection was stronger than the others as well, though it was something Aidan only briefly considered as he opened his eyes, gazing at her intently as she stared back at him, innocently holding her stuffed animal. She wasn't worried about evacuating, in fact she really was only focused on him. In confusion, he released the tension he didn't realize he was holding onto. His knuckles had already gone white as they tightly held the hilts of the Sith lightsabers, the weapons somehow finding themselves in his hands. What was she doing? What was-

"It's going to be okay."

What?

"It's going to be okay."

Aidan didn't know and couldn't know that her faith came from Kyrie's appearance, but it honestly didn't matter. The child's words hit him like a cargo hauler. They washed over him like Kyrie's own words never could, simply because Aidan would always think there was something behind them. This was different, the innocent faith of a child, blindingly pure. She held within her a strength he would never know again, a strength he'd once also had. It was from this faith that Aidan finally found the foundations to begin rebuilding his own. He was broken, and he knew it, but it didn't have to hold him back. He didn't have to accept fate.

He'd felt the burden of every conflict he'd been party to in full force, the responsibility of being the savior, the knight in shining armor that could never deliver. Aidan was so torn over all his failures, and it had dragged him so far away from his potential well before he had ever had the chance to truly deepen his connection with the Force. Cancerous questions attacked his thoughts, doubts chewed at his confidence, but none of it mattered. It was going to be okay. 

He would make it okay.

Live, die, or injury, he would accept his place within the Force, and would do what he needed to be the positive influence for these people. He felt the hope welling up inside him, ripping the stitches from his scars and cauterizing them with the eternal cleansing fire of the Exorcist. He smiled back at her, clipping the sabers to his waistband. His eyes glowed a soft silver as he finally replied to the young girl.

"Yeah. It's going to be okay."

She smiled back, returning to packing her things like she was told to; but silently she knew that the only thing she really needed was her stuffed animal. The Force finally began to flow through him with incredible strength as the mental dams of his own doubts and fears burst. He was the conduit, the catalyst, guiding the energies of purifying light to calm and reassure the people as they worked. His hope and faith that everything was going to be as it should was the bedrock lens that magnified the sense of calm he now felt, and it was as peaceful for them as it was cathartic for him. Organized movement and teamwork quickly became the theme that they all felt; where one stumbled another was there to catch them.

Inside the span of twenty or so minutes, they would all be finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Terra’s eyes flicked over her HUD, her dilated pupils absorbing the fractal lighting of the 360-degree viewscreen. She could feel her heart racing in her chest, the rhythm matching the roar of the gods in her ears. The rivermud, mixed with her own blood, seared her flesh beneath her armor. As the song of war began in earnest, Terra began to shake. One word burned her mind as she readied her weapons, watching the Jedi prepare for the fight.

Obliteration.

She chose Sanguis Exhaurire for her right hand. Its call was for blood, and it mimicked Kad Ha’Rangir’s desires in its creation. The feeling of the familiar handle, curved and worn in her palm, brought a smile to her lips. The combat AI recognized her choice and drew a firing arc from the input of the weapon’s red-rot style site. It would be a cone of death, filled with explosive darts. For her left hand, she selected one of the sonic pistols she had picked up from when she had slain Slicer on Coruscant. She watched as the Jedi’s blade snapped to life before her, filling the air with its self-righteous hum and vibrant silver flame. Her HUD adjusted its filters to remove the excess light so that Terra’s dilated eyes would not become overwhelmed.

A scent filled her nostrils, the sweet perfume of the Vormer in bloom. The precious flowers that she had trampled on the banks of the Kelita. She had stained their roots and stems with innocent blood, but now their scent came as a blessing. Her mind twisted it. The blood had to be purified, and only fire would be fit for it. Her combat AI began to analyze her opponent as she selected the first attack for herself. Cleansing fire. The voice of Kad Ha’Rangir raged through her mind in the battle-song.

…My tongue shall become of molten iron and my words the mighty roar of war…

Her jetpack began to prepare for a microburst as the Jedi moved her blade into a pre-attack, the AI alerting Terra to the Jedi’s most likely attack pattern. Jedi were either diplomatic pacifists or impatient whelps, and Terra decided the girl before her would most likely represent the latter.

…With divine anger my fire shall alight the furnace through which all will be purified…

As the Jedi sprung, Terra leapt into motion. Jumping to the side, her jetpack shot forth a burst that propelled the Mandalorian at incredible speed. The Jedi flew straight like an arrow, forth to end the threat quickly, but Terra would not be there to hit. The Mandalorian followed the arc of the circular arena away, angling to keep distance from the Jedi and her blazing blade. A serpentine coil of liquid flame burst into the ring, a cone of wavering fire that erupted from Terra’s right gauntlet as she moved.

The Jedi, like a hapless vhe'viin, would leap into a whirlwind of fire. Like billowing magma, molten and terrible the blaze spewed from Terra’s right arm. It was a short burst of flame, for Terra did not want to obscure the whole arena in fire, but it would be enough to roast the Jedi into a desiccated and deformed corpse. Terra landed, bringing her weapons to bear once more as he HUD began to search for any unauthorized movement. Her voice became a bestial howl.

((1))

Terra

To the Death...

Sandy’s breath seeped past her teeth in an exasperated hiss as her first strike missed and her danger sense trickled up her spine with a fierce annoyance. Her bright green eyes narrowed as she kept her concentration on the tendrils of the force, as they curled about her to grasp at the knives on her belt. But she did not move them yet, that would be for after whatever the Mandalorian would be throwing at her now. F

Another breath sucked in through her teeth as her foot touched down and the mandalorian leader had lifted her arm releasing a billow of flame in a stream from the fire launcher. Sandy let the force move through her muscles again, coiling in her muscles to spring her again. It was an easy and much trained technique, nearly second nature as Sandy’s concentration maintained on her mass telekinesis. She had to move fast to avoid the flame, or to deflect it. With a flick of a finger on the long pommel of her lightsaber, a tendril of the force snapped up from her belt with a vibro bayonet in its ethereal grasp. The blade angled flat as if intending to slap the Mandalorian instead of stabbing her. The blade intercepted the fire and parted it, sparing Sandy from cooking to death, and splashing the ground on either side of her booted feet with liquid flames. The flat of the blade shunted the burning fuel away from Sandy as the blade moved closer to the mandalorian, the blade held vertically, flat side towards the great Mandalorian, until it intercepted the thin stream completely. It did not however go further than interception, that would come later. So it stayed in place a foot out from the Mandalorian, blocking the stream of deadly fire, The blade took the fire greedily, turning the gleaming metal black as night as the fuel stuck to the blade, some dripping off its handle to pool at the feet of the Mandalorian.  

The force moved in her muscles, and Sandy lept to land beside the other girl, outside the pool of puddled liquid fire.  She switched her guard again in a cutting blur, in order to catch both any blaster bolts the Mandalorian would be sending her way, and for the silver blade to rip through the other girl’s midsection from stomach to backbone. Sandy kept her grin. Reveling in the fight. She had once been the least of the Jedi in the order, now she was fulfilling everything she had dreamed of. It was joy embodied, and her breath became a giggle.  

((2))

Calix Meus Inebrians

There was a slight exhale as Tros surveyed the battlefield. His eyes were heavy with thought, and almost anyone could see it from just looking at him. It was also made easier by the fact that his own buy’ce was not with him, but rather sitting on an unused table. As his face continued to look around, he allowed for the right side of his own mouth to tighten and pull in, creating a look that was unmistakable. He closed his eyes for only a moment before he heard the sharp voice interrupt his own thoughts. 

Kad Ha'rangir sure likes to pick the spots, huh.”

Tros opened his eyes and looked to his right. Vrax Saxon with his own rugged face marked with scars of prior wars and battles was offering up an apologetic look. The scar upon his front chin made him stand out in a crowd, even amongst Mandalorians. Every part of the man seemed harden, rough and warn, even his blue eyes. Tros in turned offered up a shrug before turning his head back to observe the fire and smoke rising from the beach town front before them. He again allowed for the weight of everything sit upon him. 

“Don’t do that to yourself al’verde. We follow you. We accept you. You are our al’verde.”

Tros looked down for a single moment before looking up at the sight before him again. The smoke rising from the city. He stood onboard the bridge looking below at Chandrila, and the smoke clearly coming from Hanna. He knew that Vrax was right. These men and woman did indeed follow him. But somehow deep down he doubted that it was out of anything other than the word of Manda'lor. Taking a quick inhale followed by a loud exhale of breath, Tros turned towards Vrax to face the man directly. 

“Inform Thae to lead the squads down. Burn and destroy everything that isn’t Hanna.”

Tros looked out the viewport and within his mind that Kad Ha'rangir has saved the capital for Manda'lor alone. 

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png