Chandrila

Tarrian Skywalker

Moon listened intently on what the man had to say. He wasn't a Sith, which was good for Moon. She had never heard of the Serpent Order, but being a Dark Side group, he could be lying. Moon couldn't sense deceit in the Force, but it never hurt to be careful. At least he didn't go around killing people for no reason. Now she understood why exactly he killed the man.

"You're not a Sith, then. It's still not black and white." Moon noticed his eyes travel to examine her mechanical hand. She raised her robe's sleeve, letting him see that it was much more than just her hand. "As you can tell, I don't have all my limbs. I'm glad I don't."

"I admire that your Serpent Order doesn't agree with the mindlessness of the Sith. And to answer your question, the Jedi keep my loyalties if I am so needed. Until then, I am considered 'renegade.' With that, you could say either."

She watched his careful cleaning of his blade. It was a sleek blade, admirable. Beautiful workmanship. "So, my Serpent Order friend, what brings you here to my Apprentice and I? If my guess is correct, you were attracted as these people were, and you sensed what my Apprentice just went through. Am I correct?"

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

As people were starting to return to their normal routine, Tashkri could feel prying eyes look in their direction.

"Come, let us walk and take this conversation somewhere a little more secluded. We can even go to where ever your ship is at if that would make you more comfortable."

Tash made a motion for Serpe to lead the way, displaying absolutely no hostility.

"I've lived among this city for years without raising too much suspicion, and I'd much rather keep it like that."

tashkri.jpg

"Sounds perfectly fine to me." Moon said, beginning to walk towards the grassy field and then the forested part of this continent. After reaching the tree line, the forest quickly grew more dense and, in the brightness of the day, the squalls were running rampant through the forest floor and out in the city where they begged the citizens for scraps. They were protected by law, and could not be killed, so they became almost dependent on the citizens of the cities to take care of and feed them.

Moon pointed up to a branch on the trees, and used the Force to jump clear up to that branch. She motioned for Draconis to show off his skills and for Tashkiri to follow. "It's straight north, in the first clearing. Both of our ships are docked there." She said, beginning to call slowly on the Force. She turned to Tashkiri after giving a sly smile to Draconis, signaling for him to speed his way through the trees to the ships. If this man was powerful enough, he would be able to keep up with them. If he wasn't, he would be left behind. However, Moon had faith in the man. In fact, somewhere inside, she knew that he would be there possibly before them.

"Try to keep up." With that, the Force began to flow violently through her, and her body transformed from solid to an off-white blur in the air, moving effortlessly from branch to branch, letting the Force carry her. Moon focused on her ship, and the unique and strange presence it held in the Force. She locked on and willed for the Force to lead her to the ship. Her feet barely grazed the branches on her way.

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

The confrontation that Draconis had feared would end in bloodshed turned out to be an interesting one. The man who had revealed himself as a member of something called the Serpent Order seemingly did not intend to end the lives of the pseudo-Jedi duo... at least not yet. His requesting Moon to take them somewhere more remote worried Draconis. Maybe he was a Dark Side assassin after all, one who didn't want any witnesses? He wasn't sure, the Force wouldn't tell him. So he still regarded the man with suspicion, ready to take action whenever the stranger disclosed his true purposes.

The trip through the squall-packed outskirts of Hanna City proved uneventful, and as they reached the rim of the lush forest the young Epicanthix's tensions had eased, if only just a little. Following his Master's instructions, he joined her in leaping from tree to tree, with the effort required for each Force-assisted jump decreasing each time. Soon Draconis felt immersed in the power of the Force, and was almost able to keep up with the far more experienced Moon.

Landing softly on the branch next to Moon and Draconis, Tash oriented himself in the direction of their ships. As the duo prepared themselves for the trip, the very-much missed smirk assumed it's regular position on Tash's face.

"Try to keep up"?! Ha! I've spent plenty of time in these forests, both in the trees and on the ground. I'm going to be surprised if I even break a sweat.

Tashkri backed up to the trunk of the tree. He planted one foot on the branch, and the other against the trunk. Taking his hands, he slammed them backwards against the tree, using the motion to guide the power of the Force. With a violent crack, the top of the tree splintered and cracked, while Tash was propelled forward at inhuman speeds. Letting go of thought, he called upon the mystical powers of the Force that had served him throughout his life.

Using the Force, Tash pushed off from another tree, then another, and another. Each push added more and more speed to his forward velocity.

If anybody had been near enough to witness, they would have only seen three blurs slicing through the trees. The only thing that could even come close to describing the sight would be something along the lines of missiles that had been fired from a starship.

Catching a glint of sun reflected from one of the ships, Tashkri stopped propelling himself forward, and started to drop down through the canopy of the forest. As he broke into the clearing, he focused on the training he had received on Korriban to keep his descent from being one that would turn him into a pile of smashed bones and mush. Through the Force, he formed a barrier beneath his feet. At the same time, he pushed against the ground, but with much less power than what he had used to initiate his flight. His descending body started to slow as it got closer and closer to the ground. With one final strong push, Tash reached the balance point of his forward and backwards velocities to stop his motion.

Placing his feet on the ground, he looks up to see how well Moon and Draconis had done.

tashkri.jpg

Bursting through the canopies like a white missile shot from a submarine through water, the white blur that was Moon was followed by a ton of green, lush leaves. Her momentum had caused her to fly forward faster than she expected, so, using the Force, she pushed off the ground by throwing her palms down in the direction. The grass beneath her rippled and bent as if a large wind had hit them from above; the back flip that Moon had launched herself into slowing her descent more-so as she hit the ground.

Standing quietly, Moon wasn't surprised to see Tashkiri standing where he was. She closed the distance between them, keeping him between her and the treeline, and her between him and her ship. She was surprised he hadn't noticed - or at least, didn't seem to notice - the faint presence in the Force her ship had. "You were the one who suggested that we come here. What can we do for you? Oh, and by the way, I am Moon. What do you call yourself?"

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

Tash focused in on Moon as she moved towards him, taking note of where and how she positioned herself.

She's still very cautious of me, yet was willing to bring me out to their ships. The intrigue grows...

"My name is Tashkri ((only one i)), but Tash works for short. I haven't had a reason to leave this planet, and I've been living amongst these people for too much of the time that I've been here. Do you know how frustrating it is, to be the only one around who actually knows what the Force is in more than just the abstract??"

As the words flowed from his mouth, Tash realized that he had some pent up frustrations which could keep him on top of a soapbox for quite a while.

"I'm curious about you. You hold your allegiances to the Jedi, call yourself a renegade Jedi, and I can feel that you're no stranger to the Dark Side of the Force. I would like to hear how you came to be like this."

tashkri.jpg

Moon chuckled. "I do know what it's like to know that you're the only Force user, seeing as I grew up on Mandalore. No one there has a particular liking for Jedi, or the Sith. Or anyone who can read their minds and tell when they're lying." Moon was taken back to her childhood, growing up on the small farm her mother and her kept by themselves. Her father would have been so proud.

"And so you want to hear my life story?" Moon smiled, and sat on the ground where she was, feeling the grass moving between her fingers as a small child would. "Like I said, I grew up on Mandalore. After a while, I left the planet and went to Gala. From there, I was transported to a Jedi space station called Helix Station. There I met a few Jedi, including some powerful Masters, and was matched to a peculiar individual named Kautra Nadio. Master Nadio then took me to Haruun Kal, where we rebuilt the destyroyed temple there." Moon trailed off for a moment, pausing to feel a small insect crawl around on her hand. Her eyes grew slightly bloodshot as she forced herself to remember her Master.

"We rebuilt the entire temple and got it functional again. In fact, a few other Padawans went there. I was knighted there. Then one of your Serpent Order arrived..." Moon kept complete eye contact with Tashkri at this point. Her eyes were cold, the icy fire of hatred burning through her Force Aura. The specks of yellow in her eyes grew larger and started to take up more of them.

"His name was Menthu, and he called himself the Last Lord of the Serpent Order. He manifested the Force into a destructive fire. He came in, mad as any Sith, and destroyed the temple. I watched my hard work, half of my life, go up in absolute flames. I clutched my lightsaber and watched helplessly as Master Nadio used his mastery of the plant life to keep Menthu at bay. Then..." Moon's voice cracked and her facial features twisted into anger. Her Force Aura must have been frightening her Padawan. She forced herself to calm down, taking a few breaths. "Then I thought he killed Kautra. After my Force Aura beamed with hatred, a disgusting excuse for a being called Cephi picked me up and took me off-world. I felt relieved and happy, because I felt Menthu die. I felt his wicked form disappear. But I couldn't find Kautra. I just... I snapped. Kautra was the only father I've ever truly had, and one of yours took that all away from me! I loved him... I was so full of hatred and loss that when I arrived at Ar-Pharazon's fortress and killed his slaves for the hell of it!"

Moon stood. "I mentioned Cephi as being disgusting. You can't even begin to imagine how disgusting and utterly vile that bastard Ar-Pharazon is." She spat the words out of her mouth through clenched teeth. "I was lucky to have writhed my way out of his dirty hands. " She looked at her mechanical arm. A constant reminder of him and her Dark Side. "But all is well now..." she sighed, now under control again. The yellow spots receded in her eyes. "At least now you understand why I'm cautious of you. One of yours inadvertently caused that evil."

((Edited for grammatical errors))

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

Tashkri, more often than not,was not one to be taken by surprise by anything. He was a master at observing his surroundings and identifying threats, and the Force assisted with anticipating opponent's actions.

The words spoken by Moon, however, absolutely floored Tash.

He had sat down across from Moon when she started reciting her story. When she got to the part about a supposed Serpent that had gone on a rampage of destruction, Tashkri felt himself losing control. His hands dug into the ground, rending through the earth before clenching backwards to form fists. Knuckles whitened and bones popped as the amount of anger that grew within Tash increased exponentially.

No true Serpent would ever do something like that!!! Rocketblaze, Garet, or Moric would ever even think of teaching our way to someone who would act like that! Where was I to stop him?! How could I have not known about this?!

Tash could feel the power of the Dark Side swirling, growing about him. He was teetering on the edge of control, of allowing true evil to regain its foothold inside him.

Come on, man! Hold on! Find a safe outlet, something that won't make her think you're just like this Menthu was.

His vision had grown cloudy, and Moon's voice was being drowned out by the ringing in his ears. At almost the same moment that Moon stood up, Tash got to his feet. Not worrying about being polite, he quickly turned and quickly walked back into the forest. As soon as he got in far enough that Moon couldn't see him, he stopped and fell to his knees.

How could I let someone like that make such a mockery of our order?!?! My friends, I failed you... I was here, waiting, and I could have done something about that abomination! He was just a stereotypical Sith, completely unworthy of even thinking our name!

Channeling his rage, anger, and despair, Tashkri lets loose a primal scream and slams his hands down to the ground. The unleashed Force energy radiates out from him, slamming into trees and brush, flattening brush and knocking over trees. Sprites of fire danced in a deadly circle around his body.

Slowly rising back up to his knees, Tash opened up his hands. The all-consuming anger was gone, for now, and he was back in control of his emotions and powers.

I will do what I can to clear our name, and to make things right... bring things back to the dream that Rocketblaze had for us.

Dusting off his knees, he walked back to his abandonned companions. Stepping around the fallen trees, Tash re-entered the clearing and stopped in front of Moon.

"Sorry for walking off like that when you were in the middle of telling me your story, and I think I missed the end of it, but what you told me set me off like nothing has before. That man you were talking about, Menthu, was not a true Serpent. What he did is the reason why we formed the Serpents. I like to fight, but I was tired of pointless wars and fighting. Sith fight the Jedi, Jedi fight the Sith, but why? A difference in philosophy? If there's some big war that's going on and we have to pick a side, then that's one thing. But to just keep fighting each other all the time, what's the point?!"

Getting back down off of his newest soapbox, Tash sits back down on the ground and motions for Moon to rejoin him.

"Again, I apologize for that. If you wouldn't mind, could you pick back up at the part after that abomination attacked you guys."

tashkri.jpg

The race through the emerald canopies of the lush Chandrilan forest took its toll on Draconis. As he tried to keep up with his Master he exerted his reserves of Force energy like never before, which of course wasn't very strange considering he had learned how to manipulate its mystical powers only the day before. But to his own satisfaction he found himself only a few meters behind Moon as she broke the fringe of the trees, bursting out into the clearing.

With a determined expression the Padawan followed the example set by his Master and launched himself from the last of the branches, but without the momentum Moon had possessed he fell a few meters short and landed in a neat tuck-and-roll, finding himself about halfway between Moon and the Serpent man, who had made it to the clearing before the pseudo-Jedi duo. Without a word he backed away, letting his Master handle things with the mysterious stranger.

Introductions were soon overwith and the man, apparently named Tashkri, hadn't even spared Draconis a glance. But the young Epicanthix was fine with that. He still regarded the man with caution, the fact that he had just murdered a man in cold blood not easily forgotten. Draconis suspicion that he was some kind of Sith assassin still lingered in the back his mind, fueled by Tashkri's malevolent Force aura. But you'll be damned if you try anything, he thought. You'll be damned.

But Moon didn't seem to share her Padawan's paranoid demeanor. She answered Tashkri's inquiries with a story disclosing much of her background, which was darker than Draconis had even dared to imagine. A new light was shed upon his Master as her tale continued, as a faint presence of the Dark Side lit up her Force aura, making her feel just as vile as Tashkri for just a few moments. This made the young Epicanthix take a few involuntary steps back.

Surprise, fear and intrigue flashed through his mind as he did so, his icy blue eyes fixed on his Master as her face twisted in accordance with the memories her story apparently resurfaced. Draconis' hand instinctively moved to where he hid his black dagger when Moon's gaze suddenly flashed, for a moment turning a fierce yellow hue that inexplainably gave the Epicanthix a shiver down his spine. But he found he could relax moments later as Moon suddenly got hold of herself and calmed down. Slowly and cautiously making his way to his Master's side, Draconis lay what he hoped to be a comforting hand on her shoulder.

There Master, it's over...

Moon hadn't even noticed Tashkri leaving, engulfed in her own story and continuing because it felt good to release that anger. What she did notice was the Force Scream, the amount of raw Dark Side pouring out and around the man, flattening trees and underbrush and frightening the wildlife. Apparently, she hit a soft spot. Menthu must have been quite the disgrace.

When he returned, Moon was comforted by the warm hand of her apprentice and his loving thoughts. Tashkri was not a Sith, by any means. "Don't be sorry, we all have anger that needs to be released. You have your own ways of doing it. And I agree with your point - the wars are all pointless, and cause the deaths of way too many. If only we could find common ground, as you and I have, and sit to talk as intelligent individuals." She laughed at her suggestion. "It sounds childish, I know. But it could work."

"After Menthu attacked us and killed my Master; the one man I've ever truly loved, and the only father I've ever had, I was taken and transported offworld. I was taken by a Sith named Cephi to a vile being called Lord Ar-Pharazon. Under him, I learned the ways of the Sith." She raised her mechanical arm to show Tashkri the extent of her training. "I was forced to take this replacement." She then replaced her arm at her side. "I was blessed by the Force to get offworld. I've spent my time ever since then traveling on my own, learning the Force by myself. Then I found my friend here." She sighed, recalling her story brought sadness to her Force Aura. A deep longing for Kautra.

"Now you understand why I'm cautious. But you've given me reasons for why I shouldn't be cautious."

Serpe.jpg

(Delta73 did the sig)

Whoops. Is she underage?

Acknowledging Moon's words with a slight bow of the head, Tashkri felt something happen that he hadn't felt in a long time.

He smiled.

Sure, it was a small one, but there was no hint of sarcasm or malice behind it. The last time he could remember truly smiling was when he had been trapped in spirit form by Barohm Zar. John and himself had pushed each other, using the most of what skills they had known at the time. That had been before the Sith had taken away what was left of his humanity. They trained him to fight and kill, without caring about what or why. His time as a Serpent had changed that, though. Rocketblaze helped him to think for himself again, to see past the indoctrination of the Sith.

I finally understand what you were trying to teach us!! This is why you brought Kirana to us. You were trying to get us to realize that we have similarities, and can learn from and work with each other.

Tash followed the second repetition of the story without any more mishaps. He was certain that Moon had left out some of the details from the original rendition, but didn't want to press for more information.

"We've all paid a price, one way or another. I haven't lost any loved ones, but I've felt unimaginable pain."

Extending his palm, a ball of flame burst into life.

"I was tricked into being burnt alive by a god. In return I was given control of the fire, but the sensations and pain that I had to go through first are indescribable."

Tash closed his hand, extinguishing the flame. He then turned his attention to Draconis.

"You're being awfully quiet over there. Still afraid of the big, bad Serpent?"

tashkri.jpg

Draconis offered a slight frown at Tashkri's question, his face one of mild perplexity. Afraid? He remembered something his former mentor had told him during their last day together, something that presently echoed through the young Epicanthix's mind, explaining his subconscious mindset. The Serpent Master hadn't frightened him, not intimidated him in the least... the reason for that must have been his old friend's words...

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering..."

Such simple phrases, yet enough for a being not to steer down the wrong path, to plunge into the devious abyss that is the dark side of the Force. Apparently the saying had been coined by some ancient Jedi eons ago, but it still meant something, had manifested itself so strongly in Draconis' mind since he first heard it pass his old master's lips.

Unfortunately he had let fear cloud his senses earlier that day, when he tore the poor man in Hanna City to pieces, but the had already sworn that would never happen again. Definitely not because of some conceited cultist or whatever. So, gazing down at the man, icy blue eyes spheres of equanimity, he spoke.

"Afraid? I see no reason to. Nor have I had any reason to speak."

"No reason to speak, or no thoughts going on inside that skull of yours? Tell you what, chime in if you want, but try not to hurt yourself by thinking too hard."

Tashkri's word were intended to taunt Draconis. He used goad Garet the same way, and he was trying to see if he could get a reaction out of the man.

"So, Moon, what are your plans for the near future. Are you going to keep on doing your own thing with your apprentice here, or head back to the Jedi Order?"

tashkri.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

((Sorry Ragnos, you're taking way too long))

Apparently Tashkri's logic was so mind-blowing that it actually blew Moon's and Draconis' minds. He stared at both of them, waiting for some kind of a response. Both sat there like statues, eyes glazed over.

He slowly pushed himself up to his feet, and when they still didn't react, turned and headed back towards town.

Back at his house, Tash checked in on some final preparations. He had "hired" several contractors that would work on rebuilding the Serpent headquarters in his absence. He gathered up the rest of his supplies, armed the security system into his private area, and left the house. A short trip brought him to where he had left his ship, and shortly afterwards he left Chandrila in search of the Sith Order.

tashkri.jpg

• 4 months later...

(No worries, this is your show so I'll follow your lead on it.)

Jazce nodded at Fifteen's statement, though he hadn't realised the ship had some kind of intelligence on board. Whether it was AI or some form of droid intelligence. Strapping himself in he felt a slight lurch. Too early to be heading into the atmosphere. Droid? Or perhaps controlled by the intelligence unit onboard.

"Interesting ship. Being ex-Imperial I've had some experience with the Curich. But it seems you've made some... Interesting modifications to this one."

Reaching over to his bag he started pulling out more of his armour. He always wore some form of it. He was too paranoid too not wear any armour. He'd spent fourteen years fighting and being hunted to even consider not putting it on. He didn't know what they were about to fall into. But he wanted to be ready for whatever these pirates could throw at him. This McNamara had been too close lipped about the situation for Jazce to be anything but suspicious of it all. He smelt a tauntaun. A dead one. Shrugging on the last of his armour he reached for his webbing.

It was a modified rig that he'd put together himself using the best ideas he could dredge together from the Imperial Navy, the Antarian Rangers and the various groups he'd worked with over the years. Webbing was the ultimate tool of any soldier and the ultimate show of pride in ones webbing was to modify it to perfectly suit your needs. He had a great deal of love for his webbing. Even using it as a pillow when he was in th field. Once all his gear was ready he strapped a sling on to his rifle and waited patiently. He'd grabbed out a number of explosives, recon and intrusion bits. Enough to deal with this situation anyway. The last thing he did was put on his helmet. I forgot how comfortable these could be. He thought to himself as he adjusted it on his head. Camoed up like the rest of his kit... The helmet was however still the same Scout trooper helmet he'd been given when he moved over to recon and got his own Company. It could cause trouble. But he was willing to have that.

"Alright Fifteen. Whats the plan?"

His voice came out with a metallic tang to it now too.

Cassandra saw Scubby look around as the the fighter was detatched. "I've made alot of modifications to this ship..." She grabbed her helmet and put it on.

"Good to be back." Alice said. Cassandra smiled.

"Open the weapons locker." She said in her helmet.

A Small wall opened as the duo left. It was a wall of weapons. Pistols to Melee to Heavy Weapons. She grabbed a small hold-out blaster, exchanging it for the Carbine she held. She still held the Force Pike, but acted as if it were

She smiled under her helmet. "Lots and lots of mods." She giggled to herself inside her helmet.

"I assume your helmet has a personal comm inside it? I'm going to make a channel for you and I. I like to be in constant contact with my people. I'm sure you understand?"

Seconds later there was a channel. "Veritaes One" She would have raised an eyebrow if it mattered.

"Let's go meet McNamara.." leading the way to ramp, she lead the duo to the ramp, and then down it.

There were three men outside, weapons at their side outside of their holster, but not pointed at the CORESEC agents. "Hello. You requested CORESEC Intervention?"

They holstered their weapons after the word CORESEC left her helmet.

"Yea...People not droids...." The middle person said. A older man. Thirties, light hair, clean face, brown eyes. Alice pulled up a Dossia on him. It was Captain McNamara.

"Captain McNamara. I assure you. We are real people. Not droids. My name is Agent Cass, My partner Agent Leaf. Whats the exact situation here. You haven't been exactly....Clear...Shall we say?"\

"Right. About that. WE had to keep things tight around here. Not too much information goes out. We don't want the whole galaxy laughing that we can't handle our own problems." He paused and motioned for them to follow.

Cassandra pressed on. On her private comm she spoke to Scubby. "I purposely gave him the wrong names. For now. I will correct them in awhile."

"So. They throught only two of you could handle a captured city? And over a thousand Hostages? Huh. You guys must be good. Or cocky." Cassandra was good. Not cocky. She didn't have the right anatomy. She laughed to herself inside her helmet. McNamara continued. "We have roughly 1140 Hostages, with a good 30 hostiles. They want Thirty Million credits or people die. There is a ridgetop on a north facing slope over there to our left. Gives a great advantage point for anyone with a sniper rifle. I would send my guys, but they have counter-snipers in place. Rougly three. I've already lost six of my best men. I have another thirty in reserve. We need help. We're just not good enough with crime...We've never had a problem really..." The man looked disappointed. He then went down into a hole in the ground, with a sign: 'Command' He stopped at the base of the steps.

On the private channel. "If you have any questions, go for it. After you." She motioned down the steps.

Testing-1.png

"Don't you worry about it..."

Jazce simply stared at Fifteen when she asked him if his helmet had a comm system... It didn't just look like a Stormtrooper helmet. It was one... Once it was modified now. Visual enhancers of all kinds mostly. Comms were standard. Regardless of what he thought of the questions he obligingly switched to the frequency she settled on. Having comms with your team was a priority for him. Their was no team without comms. Just a bunch of individuals trying to get stuff done.

As they landed he conducted one final check of his gear. It wouldn't do to have spent all that time preparing only to forget something now. Unstrappin himself and standin he shrugged his webbing into place and pulled on his pack. Keeping it snug. All the spare munitions were in there.... And a lot of bombs. Remainin silent as Fifteen did her thin he followed her down the ramp. Looking to the welcoming comittee of three that met them.

Human Chandrillans. Male. Armed but not danerous. Security personnel no doubt. He assessed. His eye critical as he took in the state of their equipment, dress and bearin. The fact that they all holstered weapons in what was clearly a combat zone wasn't a good sign either. The only reason his had a sling was the simple fact of expedience when handling explosives. He never used it unless he was laying bombs. As Fifteen spoke Jazce scanned the area. Looking for any possible threats. Only once pausing to look at her when she introduced them as Cass and 'Leaf'. Leaf? Why the deception? Her comm didn't clear his mind on that either. He'd been thoroughly trained to spot oddities and take every advantage to its furthest bound. Yet beyond simple mistrust...

Then again he whole heartedly agreed with her if she did mistrust this man and his people. His actions to this point had done nothin but cost lives. Even calling for CoreSec the way he did was only a way to et himself out of trouble it seemed.

Starving us of information because he didn't want to look as incompetent as this situation suggests? Brilliant move. Jazce was gettin more disgruntled by the second. Though now that they were actually talkin situation his mind could finally work through other problems rather than picking apart these men and their incompetence though it riled him so.

Ridgeline? This man sent six snipers up on a ridge overlooking a city? Foolish. Cities had far more hidin places and vantage points than a rideline did. Add to that to get over the ridge and look dow on the city the snipers would have silhouetted themselves... It would have been a massacre. Best off infiltratin the city, providing a white rabbit on the ridge and huntin them in their lair. Or if the pirates control was that advanced they could simply use the white rabbit to pinpoint the counter snipers locations and use a lesser position to deal with them. Real snipers moved after every shot. But these weren't real snipers. they were pirates. Nodding to Fifteen as they descended into the HQ he filed away what he had observed so far.

"Captain. At any stage of the losing six men bit did you or any of your men attempt to locate where the shots were comin from? Also where are these hostages being kept and are you aware of how the captors intend on killing them if we don't co-operate with the demands?"

He had trouble kkeping his derision under control.. Luckily for him all his voice sounded like to them was metallic. Like a Stormtrooper. He didn't like entering a dark hole after strangers and it strained his already strained 'dealing with people politely' nerve. But he needed to control it better. These men were trying their best. Perhaps. Undecided as yet, but this was no ordinary situation. He thumbed his freq with Fifteen so he could speak in private.

"I don't know what you think of these situations but in my experience the key to solvin it is to act with speed, aggression and precision. Those snipers are problematic but I can handle that. The real problem is once the bad guys know we're here they may start the killing. We need to stop them doin that."

(I wasn't sure what armor you had. Plus Cassie hasn't been exposed to ST Armor...my bad.)

McNamara coughed. "Let me re-phrase. I sent two three-man teams in as recon. But as far as we can tell, hostages are here....here....here...and....here. Snipers are here and here and with the last one here. What do you guys think?" On a map the hostages were what looked like two schools, a hospital and a gymnasium. While the snipers were in a bell tower. A Church. And a watertower.

Cassandra looked up a Scubby. Behind her visor she connected with him.

"I agree. They have to know they either hired bounty hunters or some Republic representative. They are not going to relinquish the city without a fight. To the last man. Let's try to keep at least five alive?" She nodded and looked back at the map. "I have two plans...Plan A; We rush in the sewers. But we will have to run the risk of motion sensors, sensor bombs and that lot. We could neutralize alot of the terrorists and evacuate the hostages. Or....Plan B...We neutralize the snipers, and make a run for the hostages. But, before we commit to a plan. I would like to hear what your thoughts are."

(I had a call out to underages, sorry this is so short....)

Testing-1.png

(Nevermatter its not really any kind of an issue.)

Jazce nodded, taking in the wider tactical situation. The map had a decent amount of detail. It wouldn't be hard to devise an attack strategy. He had planned many when he led a Company of the 501st. But those days were long gone. These weren't Shock Troops. They were a local police force. So what to do... Roughly thirty enemy. Roughly thirty friendly. Two attachments bein Jazce and Cassandra. Not odds any attacking force wanted. Ideally three to one. One to one wasn't ideal. Especially not with hostages in the mix.

Four different points of interest they needed to secure. Explosives? He had enough stun and flash munitions for two of them. They just had to sneak in and pepper a room and presto, everyone was down but not out. Perhaps the schools. They would be the hardest to take in a firefight. And more kids would be there. He wouldn't risk kids. Not after his last job. The gym would be relatively easy. Most gyms were open and had plenty of windows. If they got lucky they could conduct a timed mark. That left the hospital. Big. Tight passages. Lots of rooms. The snipers would be easiest. Isolated. High locations. Good views of the surroundings but he would bet any credits he owned that he could sneak up to any one of them and eliminate the sniper without anyone knowning. If the citizens didn't mind some collateral (Lets face it. Considering what was happening they could build a new bell tower.) He could plant explosives on the bell tower, get in position to snipe the church and Cassandra or one of McNamara's men could snipe the third.

Getting on the private channel with Fifteen he spoke his mind.

"Plan B sounds good to me. With some slight adjustments. If I may."

Without waiting for a response he stepped up to the map and leant over it.

"This will be tough. Lots of points. Not enough firepower. But I think I can even the odds a bit. If any of your men are trained in explosives I can provide enough stun and flash munitions to neutralise the two schools. The gym will be relatively easy to assault. Its open with plenty of windows and plenty of visuals to snipe early warning. The hospital will be hardest. If you have any shuttles with ramp capability we can use them to rush the buildings and launch assaults from the roofs. They won't be expectin it. Its risky but I doubt they'll have anti-air up there."

Now Jazce concentrated on the snipers. Problematic but not overly so. He had ideas for them too.

"But thats all dependent on takin out the early warning. These snipers. Now I can get close enough to eliminate one but that'll leave me vulnerable to the other two. If you are agreeable to some... Collateral I will wire up the bell tower before hand and detonate it just as I snipe the water tower. That'll distract the church shooter long enough for a shooter just below the ridge to pop up and take him out. It'll also signal the shuttles to fly ing and land troops and... My personal favorite. The flyover. Moments before I shoot I will signal a fighter to swoop all four buildings. I mean as close as we can get them. Meters, engines full power, throttle at max. It'll create a hell of a sonic boom. The faster the fighter and the bigger the engines the better. It'll shatter every window and it'll have every being within with eardrums on the ground. Unharmed but with a mighty big headache. Our troops will have the advantage. From there I'll scramble to the hospital and start a ground assault. It'll be the most complicated to take and its what they'll expect. Hopefully I drag enough of them over to give our boys up top a good chance. Pure urban warfare with those deep inside the building not really getting affected by the flyover. Captain you know the enemy disposition best. Spread your troops as you see fit."

Turning away from the map he considered the plan he'd just layed out. Built on top of Fifteens. It was a good plan she'd had. The best plans were those that were easy to build on. It carried risks. People could die. If they had anti-air the fighter would hopefully bring it out before the shuttles got in range. They would only need four... And worst comes to worst the Veritas could be used if Fifteen didn't mind. Simple and uncomplicated. He liked that. He thumbed his private channel with Fifteen.

"I don't know where you want to be in all this but if you think you can follow me in the second sniper would be a good spot. From there we can rush the hospital. That will be where the fighting will be the worst. Also if they don't have a fighter can we use yours? You have it fly right over the gym, the two schools and the hospital moments after we take out the towers. I mean as low as you can get her. Risky but do that... With her engines on full hike and the sonic boom will shatter every window and have every person within on the ground holding their ears. It'll give an intrusion team the edge they need. Call it a modified trench run its risky but its a proven method. Your call. They may have fighters. Something with sizey engines. X-Wing or Tie Interceptor would be good."

Turning back to the map he looked around,

"Of course these are just my intial thoughts. Rough. Pickin them apart could save lives."

(A callout? Uni?)

(I'm an intern Police guy, lol)

McNamara watched as the two CORESEC agent's talking on what was a private comm channel. Or telepatically. Who knew? It was rude. HE hadn't expected this. But of course....CORESEC was relativly new, with new recruits they might be doing things that they used to do in their previous occupation. None-the-less it was rude. He would have liked to help, but his superiors have set rules for him. He wasn't allowed to release information as much as he would like, and that put him in a sour eye in these agent's standpoint. But as the taller of the two, and the Stormtrooper spoke. He listened. He didn't want to make this mistake, or call CORESEC ever again. the Captain positioned men and made sure with the Agents.

He readied three shuttled and five fighters. The shuttles would have Four Men apiece. Full Battle Rattle. The boys were all eager to take back the city. So was he. He wanted to get past this.

~~~~

Inside the city...Stonebane's forces were quite busy. These were not your a-typical bad guys. They were taking care of the hostages. Although they never let any of the by-standards know about the hostage every 6 hours. Mag rubbed his face. He wanted to just level the town, and get out of here. He was a sinister Duro. But ever since Stonebane had been killed in that incident. He had been left in charge. It was getting too risky to stay here much longer. He planned on leaving in a few hours. The sewage pipes have been lined with explosives. The town was not going to survive the encounter. He had a bad feeling in his gut...But now it was time to sleep. It was nearing midnight...

He fondled his pistol in the darkness. With a few of his associates standing beside him, he pulled the trigger, killing another nurse. "Ready the shuttles. Prime the charges."

~~~~~

"If we are going to do that..." Cassandra smiled under her helmet. "I need Chuck." She turned and left the HQ. Entering her ship she grabbed the lone T-28 Repeating Sniper-Rifle. Better known to her as "Chuck." It was named after the man who gave it to her. Her brother-in-law. Then, re-concealing the wall of weapons. Exiting her ship. The ramp automatically closed behind her. She was surprised at how fast it became night. She re-gathered at the command center.

"Let's do this. It's a sound plan. It'll take me a few minutes to scout and get into position. I will radio when ready. Then you can move into position there Leaf." She was on loud speaker, so she used Aliases. "Then, our fighters will come down, thats when the shuttles land. And all teams move. But first. Right now....Jamm all transmissions. Until the Fighters do their flyby."

Before Scubby sounded off, she keyed him on the private channel. "My....Well..I might as well tell you. I have an AI. Her name is ALICE. She'll find a route through the jamming signal to keep you and I in contact. We good? I am ready to move out." She slapped Chuck and nodded towards McNamara.

He spoke to one of his Lieutenants. "Donovan. Relay the message to all teams. We want to roll now."

Cassandra waited for a response from Scubby, she glanced at a map and grabbed a NAV point to where she could deploy as a counter-sniper.

Testing-1.png

Jazce nodded as Fifteen left to get Chuck. Who or what Chuck was he didn't know. But he would find out soon at a guess. For now he had to scan for entrypoints. Gazing down at the map he studied the terrain they were dealing with. Hill. Cityscape. Light scrubland. Cityscape easily dominated the terrain being all through the center of the field and where the HQ was poisitoned. The battlefield was on the other side of the city being seperated by a great deal of cityscape. The most direct route was clearly the sewers but that was also the most obvious and the most dangerous. It was a basically several housand potential chokepoints and mine risks. Clearing it in the rapid onset of darkness in the already dark underbelly would be hazardous to an extravagent level. Not really an option. The ridgeline was as earlier pointed out the best overview spot but also a killing ground for the three snipers. That left the light scrubland and residential cityscape surrounding the hostile zone. Too large to be completey trapped up. Too complex to be patrolled effectively. The glaring weakness in the defence. Yet that was also a worry. If it was a obvious weakness to him what of them? bah it was the only option that wasn't suicide at the outset. Jazce was born to walk shadows. He would find a way through.

Swinging his pack off his back he pulled out all his stun and flash munitions. Planting them on the table between him and the local agents. The mixture of gray, gray with violet stripes and gray with red stripes indicated which did what. They would all do to neutralise the schools with as little bloodshed as possible. The five survivors would likely come from there if the Chandrillans weren't too bloodthirsty about it. Than he pulled out the multi-sight from his pack and clipped it on to his rifle. Normally that would ruin the zero but the ARC was incredibly accurate as it were and Jazce had been careful to ensure he'd marked the method and placement of the sight on the railings from when he zeroed it last. Finally he prepped his own HE explosives for the tower. Enough to wipe out its base and suppurtoing structure. If he planted it inside it would reduce collateral by imploding the buildings structure causing it to fall straight down instead of toppling on another structure too.

As Fifteen re-entered the HQ Jazce looked up and nodded to her. Trying to connect with her eyes behind the visor. Owning AI was no small thing. They were vastly superior to any and all regular droid intelligences and they could also be deadly. Machine logic could lead to a revoloution that would result in a Biological Vs Mechnical war. Such had happened on planets in the past. With disasterous results. He nodded to imply he understood the trust she placed in him. Perhaps once this was all over he would tell her his own history. The unabridged version. He figured his story might able her to trust him a bit more. Trust was key in a partnership against the enemies they would commonly fight. Swapping stories would help that. Most of it anyway. Some parts of who he was needed to die with him.

Though he ddn't approve of cutting comms this early. It would hinder their own deployment and alert the enemy to impending actions. SOPs for an assault with the rangers was to activate jammers just after the initial strike. That being the explosion. Upon hearing that they would all panic and flood their communcations. If it cut off just as they started the panic would grow and their discipline would waver as fear and knowledge of impending attack and no organisation or time to create an alternate comms plan or even try to order a withdraw would be possible. It would simply be a route or in the case of well disciplined forces a series of ground battles conducted with speed and aggression to halt the coalescing of forces. Antarian Rangers had spent millenia perfecting their assault tactics. They did it well. But he wouldn't gainsay his partner. Not publicly. He would tell her in private later. Their was still something wrong with this whole situation that he didn't like. Too little information. Too many unknowns and variables. But no matter. He would deal with everything as he encountered it. Getting on the open channel he gave one final set of advisory instructions.

"Remember timing is crucial. Everyone in position. Detonate tower and snipers. Fighters flyby. Transports land as soon as possible afterwards and assaults begin. Civillian will undoubtedly be in the middle of this mess. It is up to us to check fire and ensure none are hit or killed. Also ensure any support elements follow right up the tailpipe to clear casualties and to handle booby traps. I expect a few in areas."

Looking once again to Fifteen he sent a private comm just before he finished off his open comm.

"We're good. Good luck."

It was about as much emotion as he could muster for the moment. Checking the time in the corner of his visual he made some calculations.

"I'll send a double click through the commlink one the charges are in place and I am ready to fire from there I wait until the go ahead is given before we start this party. I have midnight. If I haven't sent the signal by zero-three-hundred hours than I may be compromised. The alternate plan is to go ahead but use a fighter to destroy my two towers on its pass. May the force be with us."

Turning he made his way outside of the HQ building.night had well and truely fallen. Activating his helmets night vision and darkness turned to day. He'd heard stories of ancient days when night vision was considered the naked eye or uncomfortable eye pieces that gave the user headaches and turned the world a dull green and white. Those days were long gone thankfully.

Just before he went far he made one last transmission to Cassandra. This time on their private channel.

"Fifteen. If things go bad I reccomend rendevousing on top of the residential block at the base of the ridge. That'll give us a good position to pull back and cover your ship from visuals below altitude."

Moving from memory he made his way through the darkened backstreets. Stopping briefly to coat himself in mud. It would assist his armours IR dampening abilities. Not much of a threat against these guys but it had other advantages too. He continued on through the city like a wraith. This is what he had been born doing. Stealth and sabotage had been his lifeswork for twenty-five years. Ghosting through dead ground silent and deadly, hugging the deepest shadows. Moving slowly but surely through the city towards his target building. Stopping briefly to inspect his surroundings. He kept low and moved with nary a whisper. His helmet augmenting his own hearing to listen to local wildlife crawling through the scattered undergrowth. He stopped once. To let a four man patrol go past. Marking their location and direction of travel mentally. He would find them later and elminate them from the equation. Slipping into the warren of structures that marked the lower class residential block surrounding the bell tower. It would cover his entry and exit perfectly. He glanced up briefly. Eyes looking for the sniper. Using his helmets augmented visuals to scan closely at range. There! Window one level down from the top. A barrel. Sloppy. Snipers should always be back in cover. Never expsoing any part of themselves to visual. Slinking back he moved in under the snipers arc. Ensuring he didn't move into open ground. This was the most dangerous part. They would be fools to not have a ground sentry. The key was to eliminate him before he discovered he had company. It had taken him an half an hour thus far. He still had another two and a half hours to spare before the fighters would come.

Gaining eyes on the foyer to the buidling Jazce settled in position. Watching for any movement. Waiting for a slip or a sentry change. It came with with just over fifty minutes to spare. That was good. With roations that far apart no chance of early discovery. A pair of reds crept through the warren and moved to the foyer entrance. Calling out softly. Another two appeared to meet them. One from inside the building, another from out of Jazce's view to the left of the foyer entrance. Bingo. That was the shaved knuckle in the hole. He would spot anything entering the foyer. He would die first. jazce lightly brushed the knife on his wrist scabbard. This would need to be quiet. Silently clipping his rifle onto its combat sling he waited for the sentries to change over and move to their new positions. Than he ghosted the long way around the block. Climbing a terrace to overlook the courtyard where he suspected the knuckle was hiding. Found. Inbetween a stairwell and the wall. Perfect spot to keep eyes on the foyer entrance.

Slowly and carefully moving around behind the sentry Jazce approached the stairwell from the top. Absolutely silent. Checking the wall that cornered the stairs he lowered himself gently to the ground behind the sentry. Avoiding the stairs. Unsheathing the knife he prepared to kill.

Wait! She wanted some alive. Better make this my first.

SHeathing the knife considered how best to do it silently. The sentry was human. Therefore all the usal weaknesses would apply. Simple to deal with. Creeping behind the sentry he opted for a swift knifehand blow to the neck. Momentarily cutting off the carotid artery for a second. Causing the human to 'microsleep'. It was more than enough. In a flash Jazce had his arms around the man. One hand deftly removed the rifle from the still weakened grip then swung up and around the the neck and pressing in, safely putting the rfile behind the stumbling mans back whilst simutaneously cutting off his airflow with pressure applied to his windpipe. The other arm came up and around the opposite shoulder with the hand on the back of the head forcing the head and neck further into the choke whilst imobilsing the arm from reaching around to Jazces head. Classic sleeper hold. With one finaly twist. Jazce lifted the man clean off the ground. So his kicking feet wouldn't make a noise. It wasn't easy as the man did weigh a decent amount and the hold was awkward with a second rifle in hand but it was done.

Within a minute the panicked mans struggles weakened and subsided. jazce waited an extra thirty seconds from the last twitch before gently laying the man down. Taking the rifle he silently cleared it and set it aside before he removed three sets of flexi-cuffs and a gag from his webbing. He had enough for three people. The last two he'd have to hope Fifteen got or improvise. Cuffing the mans hands and feet to eachother. Then both to a central point under the stairs he finished with the gag. Under here he would be protected from the blast and any shrapnel. With luck he would survive. Leaving the unconcious human behind he swiftly moved to the edge of the foyer. It was darkness incarnate within. The only light coming from the visible moon that cast everything in shadows. To normal eyes anyway. The image intensifiers of Jazce's night vision had him well equipped for the dark. Checking time Jazce decided fortune favoured the bold.

Unsheathing his knife he held it accross his body. hidden in shadow, then moved forward into the foyer entrance. A rustle from the corner and the second sentry stood. Squinting at the dark silhouette

"Andy. What're you doing? Did ya see some-"

The whispered voice cut off as the man realised Andy didn't quite fit the image in front of him. Even as Jazce's thrown knife flashed into his eye and the brain beyond and Jazce silently rushed forward. Catching the dead man before he could hit the ground and easing him down with his rifle. Silently clearing the second weapon he retrieved his knife and cleaned it on the mans clothes before quickly moving around the room planting the charges where they would most effectively implode the building and rigging them to explode on command from his wristpad. Then silent as a wraith he left the building leaving nothing but death and impending death behind. Checking briefly on his unconcious prisoner he moved out. Heading towards the vantage point he had marked as the most likely spot he could eliminate the second sniper. He still had fifteen minutes to spare when he found it. Searching his target building he found the sniper almost immediately. This one whilst more competent at hiding his location had a far worse position. The water tower was open to all sides. No place to hide. Just try and take what concealment it could offer. A shame for him. Good for Jazce. Settling down Jazce found his own position well concealed in the warren of buildings. Taking aim he activated his multi-scopes thermal imager. Just to ensure it wasn't a decoy. It wasn't. Switiching it to regualr night vision he sent in the double click. IThe otehrs would get back to him when he should detonate.

(Sorry for this rude short post. I've been slammed with homework...)

Cassanda moved out. It was only of only too numerous times she's gone hunting with Chuck. Very cautiously she maneuvered into position. Behind her mask she sent a private comm to Scubby. "Fifteen, in position. Waiting on your mark."

~~~~

Crako's, an agent of Stonebane's Forces met behind a building. He watched a figure came up to him. It was dressed in a Police Uniform. No action was taken, as this man was on the pay-roll. "Donovan. Report." The Human said.

The local responded about Cass and Leaf's plan. The man was given leave to return to his own base. He was still useful for the most part.

~~~~

The men in the sewers cocked their weapons. It was time to play. They awaited the signal.

~~~~

Mag heard the report and it was worse than what he suspected. Comm's were already out. And in the distance he could swear he heard a firefight going on. "Launch in Five. Check Check." The Duro said and walked up the plank into the shuttle.

Testing-1.png

(its all good buddy. Life gets hectic sometimes. I just needed to do a lot of stuff in that post.)

Jazce had been in position only a few minutes when he got the signal. At Fifteens comm Jazce face broke out in a cold grin. This was it. This was what he had lived for. That cold moment before the first kill. The start of the battle. Their was still a minute until go time. The fighters and the shuttles were on the way. The ground troops in position. Thirty seconds. He closed his eyes and loosened his grip on the rifle. Concentrated on his breathing, before reopening his eyes and tightening his grip again. Target centered. Perfect.

Ten seconds to go. His tightened his aim. Five. One deep breath out. Mark. The shot rang out. A single shot and the sentry collapsed in the thermals. Pieces of bodymatter flying and a small fire alight in hsi hair. The report rung out. Any sounds of a second report. Fifteens, was lost in the explosion a second later. As Jazce set off his bombs. As the shockwave blew over him he spotted fighters flying in fast and low. He couldn't hear them yet, but that was the idea. They would be on them in seconds. As yells broke out in the distance Jazce stood and began moving down the street towards the hospital. Still sticking to cover and moving through the shadows as was his way.

But this time with a sense of urgency. Regardless by the time he reached it this battle would be in full swing. The transports and the troops onboard would arrive first. But Jazce would strike from the unexpected direction of the front door.

Cassandra pulled the trigger on her T28 rifle, Chuck, and killed her target. Then she moved on to more targets, they were scattering. She killed six men in the first 90 seconds of the conflict. She packed her rifle and ran down the mountain, holding a pistol in one hand and a 3/4 charged Force Pike. The fighters and shuttles were perfectly timed, except for one thing. A orange streak penetrated the air, connecting with one of the fighters. The energy blast punctured the wings on the fighter, sending it into the ground below. It missed the places where hostages were held.

~~~~

Donavan was once again back at base camp. Along in the communications room he reactivated all the channels so that Stonebane's Forces could communicate. There was a dead guard laying at his feet. It was now his chance to get some revenge for his best friend. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a datapad. With a flick of the finger on the screen the town rummbled. The explosion in the sewers killed at least ten men. Giving Mag a good chance to escape. He ran out of the comm room shouting. "There's a traitor amongst us! Sir!"

~~~

Mag felt the ground shake. Comms were back up. "Everyone, get out. Leave hostages, we've played our part." He sent out to his men on the ground. He had no doubt that there were going to be casualties, thats why his shuttle would be the third out. He boarded with his advisors and single body guard.

~~~

Cassandra's helmet flooded with chatter just after she entered the city. Alice silenced it. "What the hell?!" She cursed into the helmet. She would defiantly be having words with McNamara when she got back. Then the ground rumbled. Another curse from her mouth. There were bombs in the sewer. And they all wanted to go to get a better advantage of the schools and church. She had no time to think about them now. She pressed into the church. One man tried to attack her with a vibroblade, Foolish. She parried and brought her Pike down across the man's back. If he lived, he would be paralyzed. But she turned and was met with four more bad guys and about three hundred civilians. The men didn't take human shields though. Defiantly strange. She dove in the nick of time to get behind cover. Popping in and out of the wall/banister thing, she dropped two of them. Holstering her pistol she ran after the last two men with her Pike turned down just a little. The two boys had a couple of meters head start. But she would catch them, she needed some alive after all. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered how Scubby was doing.

Testing-1.png

Jazce ducked his head back around the corner just as a series of blaster bolts blew chunks of super heated duracrete all through where his face had just been. His helmet protected him from the worst of the blowback but he swore and edged away regardless. What had happened? It had been going smoothly, judging from the fire from the ridge Fifteen had at least half a dozen kills and the fighters maneuver had worked a charm... Up until one of the fighters go shot down. Its death had very nearly taken Jazce with it. The gouge out of the city and the impact crater went right through the yard he had been sneaking through. Then a group of six reds appeared. One had died instantly a blaster to the throat but before he could gun down the rest they had started firing forcing him to take cover and turn the firefight into all kinds of messed up. One the plus side the fighters had reacted well. Instead of panicking one had simply changed course and demolished the shots location with a laser blast.

Crouching in the alleyway just past the still burning fighter Jazce swore as everything was put into sharp relief by the flames. That would only make things harder. He swore again when comms came back and actually fell over when the ground under him moved. A hundred meters away a sewer port exploded into the air. Rocketed up by fire. Watching it Jazce shook his head to clear it of the ringing. His first guess had been right. The sewers were a trap. But the comms returning... Could only point to one thing. A traitor somewhere within the organisation. When Jazce got back he would find that man or woman and murder him. In great detail. But no! He was a law enforcement officer now. Not an assassin. He would simply have to arrest the man. With any luck McNamara would have answers for him. Or Jazce could just wring them out of his scrawny hide.

As he regained his feet he pulled out a thermal detonator, armed it and primed for four seconds on release. From his earlier look they had occupied a terraced garden accross the street and up one house from his position. Some were probably moving to flank, at least one behind this house to act as cut off and the others in the remains of the house renovated by the fighter. That was the easiest way to cut off all his options. Moving in a blur he poked around the corner, lobbed his grenado and was back in his position in another flash even as blaster fire from the garden chewed up his wall again. But this time he didn't wait, slinging his rifle he began climbing the wall using windows and the gutter to gain purchase as a blast and screams came to him. At least one man had gone down in that garden. Possibly more. He would know when he got eyes.

Finally grabbing hold of a balcony lip he hauled himself over the edge and rolled into cover. Eyes out for the remaining enemy. Edging around the balcony he got eyes on the yard. Noting two casualties in pieces and one still screaming as his life blood leaked into the dirt. Touch luck. Quicker would have been better. Standing he jumped and grabbed the roof edge above him and hauled himself up onto the roof. From here he had a good vantage point. And from all appearances the enemy were pulling back. Pulling his rifle around he sighted on the one moving back from the ruined house. Switiching to stun he fired and watched the body drop and twitch once. to be sure he put two more bolts into the man before moving on, the otehr was now out of sight. heading towards the hospital even as the transports landed and disgorged troops onto the roofs.

Why the retreat? He thought. With a traitor in our midst they have everything they need to eliminate us. Hell I'm surprised we made it this far. They could have anticipated me coming and shot me up before I managed to eliminate the snipers. Or at least move my bombs. With another curse Jazce activated his comlink.

"McNamara this is Leaf pull your fighters back before more get shot down. I reccomend havin them patrol just outside of range though. In case we need them."

Looking around he judged he was only a klick from the hospital. Good. I can run that in a couple of minutes. Taking off into a steady run he leaped from rooftop to rooftop as he made his way through towards the hospital. Stopping a house away to slip back down to ground level. As he began controlling his breathing he listened to the sounds of the firefight going on inside. Unslinging his rifle he switched it to the battle sling and began moving around the corner at the alert. Coming out between two houses facing the hospitals main entrance he viewed his target. Darkened interior, upper floors lit with blaster fire. Low wall around the perimeter. No more than a meter high. Useful. It was a wide roadway with at least thrity meters of open ground to cover. Not good. Pulling three smoke grenades he primed them all and hrew them in gentles arcs to just the other side of the road about ten meters apart.

There. Nice wide smokescreen to cover me moving in.

He though even as the smoke created an impentrable yellow barrier between him and the hospital. Even as he broke cover and ran, zig zagging across the road on a diagonal path to the entrance fire errupted from the hospital, or so he assumed judging its location. It ripped right through the center of the cloud at where he had been between the houses. Not a threat. He continued to cross as he came up to where he estiamted the edge of the road to be he stopped and knelt. Feeling hands out for it until his fingers encountered gutter. Good. Crawling over it he he fell to the ground. Leopard crawling the rest of the way to the wall he had spotted earlier. Before propping up on one knee, careful to stay under cover. Reactivating his comlink he got in touch with Fifteen.

"We've been had. Red knew we were coming and tagged us. I'm beginning my attack on the hospital. With any luck enough troops made it through the ambush to not make this suicide. Good luck."

Cassandra cut through the dark alleyways. Hoping to head the two boys off. Alice was tracking them, and her plan was working out. She was about 40 meters in front of them. When she cut and made it down the other way to head them off, they would only have 15 meters to react to her, enough time to shoot them both with her pistol, which was set on stun. She needed people to question, these ones were easy pickings.

"Turn now." Alice commanded. Cassandra turned and doubled timed it. In just a few seconds the kids were falling on their faces, unconscious. She tied them to a nearby speeder. They were not getting free. Alice dropped a nav marker for later.

"Leuie Report" She called to the man leading the school assault. "Ma'am, things are getting hairy. Two red down. Three blue down. I only have seven, including me left."

She cursed to herself. She had to get over there five minutes ago. "McNamara, Cass. I am headed over to the schools. Church is clear. Send on of your boys to deal with that." She didn't tell him about the prisoners on purpose.

"Copy. Lt. Raine is on her way. Along with relief experts. We have a situation back here as well..." He responded

She didn't bother responding, she was busy hotwireing a speeder. It wasn't hard, she'd done this before. Strip the wires and connect to a Hot Plate on her arm, an exposed piece of metal on her armor, where Alice could link up. WIthin a few seconds she was on the move.

"Scubby, Church is done, with two hostages. I am en route to the schools. Good Luck."

~~~~

At the command center McNamara called off the fighters and told them to patrol the edge of the city until further notice. He was furious, this was a shitty situation. He wanted to be out there. He didn't want this on his shoulders. Now they had a traitor in their midst. Donovan found the body and reported it immediately. He was a good man. He would tell the CORESec agents later. Now was not the time.

~~~

Mag looked on from the cockpit. He had no doubt that the schools and church were under attack. But that didn't matter now. He was getting out of here. So was most of his squad. "Take off." He ordered.

The duro blinked as the hidden shuttles started to take off, twenty six ships took off, most were just single crew shuttles, but some had men inside. Here in the evacuation would be the worst casualties.

Luckily their agents inside the city manned the AA cannon, and would re-integrate back into the city once they were "liberated" A smile crossed the Duro's mind. They had one, except Chadrila didn't know it yet. Or what ever planet they were on.

Testing-1.png

"Roger that Fifteen. I'm breakin in to the hospital now. Stiff resistance but it sounds like the troops up top are doing their job. Shold be secure in five mike over."

Jazce acknowledged Cassandra's comm. Hiding behind the desk in the foyer he had broken through the front window barricade with a grenade. A very effective grenado. They hadn't expected him to be so close and they hadn't wanted to abandon their E-Web. It would have made chaos for the boys upstairs if they had moved it and also could have been used to shoot down the transports from the other buildings. Either way it was cleared and their were now only three enemy left in here out of the original seven. A very scared three it seemed they were debating running. Where too Gren didn't know this city was locked down, the hospital had him down the bottom and CSF up top.

Personally Jazce figured they'd try to get through CSF, they had a better chance that way. As he listened to the debate with growing impatience and considered ways to end it permanently he heard another noise. A low whine that was rapidly building. It was hard to hear over the noise of fighting but it was definitely there. Niggling at his mind. The audio enhancers from his helmet caught everything. Is that a shuttle? no. The noise has too much resonance. Too many points. Its many shuttles. Small by the level. One or two man. AS the whine became heard by even those without audio enhancers the debate outside stopped. One of the men swore and suddenly they were all sprinting away. JAzce swore profoundly.

The agent was officially sick of prisoners. The two he had taken ealier would suffice. Everyone else here was going to die. His blood was up. His mind clear and cold. The Ice Killer was going to ensure that as many of these scum reaped the rewards of their crime as possible and be damned to the locals. Those clowns would get some of the same if they continued this charade of covering everything up. Especially the traitor. Getting on the open channel comm even as he stood and fired into the retreating backs of the pirates. Neatly cutting a bolt through one mans spine and out the other side before they rounded the corner. He was off like a shot in pursuit.

"Cass, McNamara be advised red force has several shuttles taking off from the hospital. I recomend having those fighters in high altitude intercept until we clear any possible AA guns."

Rounding the corner he saw one man sprint through the doorway. The other. Close on his heels took a blaster shot that removed most of his head from Jazce. Sprinting forwards to the door he rounded in and ducked back as a blaster chewed into the doorframe. Hostages inside. The ship taking off wouldn't be healthy for them. His brief view of the room had given him some insight though. The shuttles were small. One man. Snub fighters really. Just not as heavily armed or armoured. A deathtrap. Jazce could either grenade the one or shoot out its engines. He liked that idea. It would give him a chance to get his hands on the last pirate from the foyer. The take off method was simple. Propped, straight up. The ceiling was gone. Jazce could see straight up to the sky in his glance. How the CF had missed that he didn't know. Maybe it was covered. But thermals or IR surely.

Listening to the sounds coming from inside he determined the man was inside the last fighter. Arming a HE det for command, it wouldn't do for the grenade to go off of its own accord. The agent rounded the corner then swore. That maniac had dragged some kids into the fighter with him. The armed grenade was going to be useless. Turning he calmly chucked it back out the door, it landed in the mess he'd made of the other guy. Taking a knee he brought his rifle up, found the spot, aimed and fired. The ARC was state of the art. A heavy blaster like no other. Deadly accurate in the right hands with the punching power of a much heavier weapon. It was why he loved it. The shot punched straight through the light armour on the fighters body. Straight into its powerhouse. With a brilliant flash of light and an internal explosion everything turned off. Lucky really that could have made the thing go up taking me and everyone else here too if I did it wrong.

Jazce looked around at the hostages. They were all staring at him. Fear in their eyes. More then when the hostage taker had been here. C'mon seriously? I know I look like a stormtrooper. I even used to be one but this is ridiculous! Standing once more he was trying to decide what to do with them. Left on their own they'd be fine but if more pirates showed up that was not going to be the case with two fights still to launch from this room. He could hear from the outsdie the steady rumble of many ships taking off. It seemed this was a well planned retreat. Turning back to the hostages theirs eyes flickered to the door and relief showed on some of the faces. More dismay on others. With a snarl Jazce spun and dropped, the shot aimed for his back struck high in the left shoulder, spinning him to the side. Partially deflected by his armour the rest penetrated and suddenly his world was pain, but Jazce still had a shaved knuckle in the hole.

Activating his command detonator he saw more than heard the flash, his world was spinning and ears ringing. But he did turn to face the door and lurch up just in time for the two bodies their to be reduced to parts. Blood and pieces flying into the room coating him along with the few bits of shrapnel to make it through striking him instead of hostages. His armour saved him from the worst. Though it was now pitted with ball bearings. A few did penetrate. He would need to pick them out later. Further adding to his pain. Pain he would survive. The explosion did however knock him on his back. Lying he gritted his teeth against the pain and the screams from the terrified civis. Even as more bodies appeared in the door. CSF this time.

"Agent Leaf! Medic!"

Struggling to sit upright and get on his feet he grabbed a proffered hand and stood. Much to the protest of the section commander.

"I'm fine mate. No medic. I'll patch myself up later. Whats the situation."

"Teams are scouring the hospital for any more resistance. Most of it seems to have fled in these snubs though. This was the last of the rooftop resistance that tried to come in here."

Nodding Jazce turned away. His shoulder burned, the injury was only light. A fleshwound if anything but still. It wasn't plesant with the added ball bearins sticking out of his chest, arms and legs. He would need to attend to that soon. Getting on the comm he piped in.

"Cass, McNamara Hospital is about to be secure. They've abandoned it it seems. I'm making my way back to HQ to ascertain the situation there. Over."

He suppresed any sound of pain in his voice. They didn't need to know. Turning back to the troops he judged their condition. Servicable.

"Finish clearing the hospital then get an E-Web I left in the foyer. Take it to the roof and provide fire support for the school assaults."

Ignoring any protestions of needing immediate medical help. His bleeding wasn't that bad. He picked up his rifle, checked it and made his way back to the foyer. His suit had sealed around the injuries. Isolating them. Maybe I should invest in on of those self-medicating suits flying around. He though as he made his way outside the building. Looking up to see the engines lighting the sky, followed by laserfire as the remaining CSF fighters engaged. Turning from the vista he trudged back through the shadows to the HQ. His thoughts bent on wringing the truth out of these monkeys one way or another. Activating his comm again he raised Fifteen.

"I don't know about you Fifteen but I am really really sick of all the surprises we keep running into here. I'm feeling urges I haven't felt in a few years. Namely beating someone to death with their own arms."

(Sorry, Long weekend..Funeral)

The fighting wasn't as fierce as Cassandra depicted. Most of the resistance was pulling back to shuttles. She keyed up Alice and McNamara.

"The Red is leaving in shuttles. Move in at a high altitude."

That fight was out of her hands now. Alive would pilot the Veritaes, the fighter she dumped in space. There were still two enemies down the hallway. One had been stunned and the other was goading her into coming and engaging in a fist fight. She pulled out Chuck. Looking around the corner she found the man was out. She aimed from behind the wall, then SNAP! She poked her head around the corner and fired, then pulled back. A smile came across Fifteen's face. Looking down range the man a scorched face. Swinging Chuck to her arm while walking down range, something felt weird.

Then, like broad daylight, there it was. A metallic click. Alice hadn't picked up on it since most of her was piloting the ship in high orbit. Pity. The small clay-more like device went off, propelling the female agent into the wall. With a small whimper, Cassandra got up. Her helmet's interior visor was splintered, her clothes were torn to shreds. Chuck was defiantly KIA. He took most of the blow. Her arm felt warm as she dropped the weapon, useless as it was now. She left a tag with it, if anyone with a HUD picked it up, they would know to return it to her. Right now she was too weak to handle anything that big. Her right arm hung limp at her side. She drew her pistol with her left. By the way the bones shifted though, it sounded and felt like it was broken. Cassandra was angry. She walked up to the kid that she stunned, marked him with another NAV point, and then made her way back to base. She needed to get off the battle field.

~~~~

McNamara tried to raise 15, but to no avail. Her NAV points continued to pop up, she she was alive. But no verbal communication. He was wanting to tell her about the fighters. They were doing an excellent job at disabling them, but about half got through. Instead he briefed Agent Leaf, who walked through the door. Nothing more was said other than that. Still concentrating on his troops out there he set back to his work.

~~~~

Donovan came up to Agent Leaf and escorted him to a chair, awaiting was a cup of tea. He smiled back to the storm trooper/CORESEC agent.

~~~~

Cassandra meandered back to the base camp. Not many people were around. They were mopping up the fireworks. This ment she could get back to her ship without anyone noticing....

Testing-1.png