Altyr 5

Tarrian Skywalker

Marc realized all too late his attack was foolish.

An attempt to impress my employers perhaps? Whatever my motives, it's too late now.

The heat bore down him, soon he would be engulfed. The Angelwing, a ship that was remade a thousand times, since the days of the Old Republic was lost. Marc was filled with regret. He unhooked his seatbelt, and dashed to the back of the ship. The Skipray Blastboat was breaking apart, soon the inner hull would be breached. Already the creature had burst into the cockpit.

Marc entered the Death Scythe. A piece of technology created by the Pirate King, Ronin Wartide. The armor was twice the size of a human, and was piloted almost like a starship. Marc withdrew the energy scythe, cutting through the floor of his ship. He dropped through, activated the thrusters, flying away from the creature. The Death Scythe reached ground level. Marc had a plan. He sent a communication to Indy, and then withdrew his laser cannon, firing into the fiery bird, goading it to attack. He knew he could outrun it, and the armor made him fast enough to dodge it's fireballs.

iTJBZId.png

While Moon heroically took off in his ship, Indy quickly made her way to the quarters she had assigned the trainees. She found Tanny unconcious in his room. Dragging him outside, she found him a safe place from the fire raining down from the sky.

Moving back into the burning base, she went to the medical bay. Grabbing as many of the supplies as she could carry, she knew that if they survived the attack, they would need them badly. She then grabbed Aranshe and pulled her out into safety as well.

Her next stop was Myth's quarters. She had the feeling that if Myth was ok, she would have been out in the battle by now. Breaking into the room, she found Myth laying on the bed, moaning. "Don't worry, Myth. I'll get you out of here," she whispered.

Finally, Induran reached the training room. There she found Mira, who had been hit by a piece of burning metal. Mira was otherwise fine.

"Quickly! Follow me!" Indy shouted. She lead Mira to the weapons stash, and the women made their way outside, their arms full of the Death Striker's weapons.

"Mira, listen to me," Indy instructed. "Underneath the landing platform is an underground stronghold. I'll open it for you, then you need to help me get the supplies and the other people down there."

Seeing Mira's nod, she quickly accessed a security panel. It preformed a retinal scan of Indy's eyes, then suddenly a door lurched open in the ground, revealing stairs leading down.

Carrying Aranshe, Indy carefully laid her down on a cot that was in the main room of the stronghold. She went back up for Myth, and then Tanny, placing them all in the cots that lined the walls while Mira carried down the supplies.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Tatooine's Own, a heavily modified Corellian YT-2400 light freighter emerges out of hyperspace.

A droid is at the controls.

In the freighter's hold, Rane Scando stands, and admires his reflection shown on the cracked surface of a nearby bulkhead. The veteran bounty hunter had abandoned his usual Corellian attire, and was now clad in silver and black armor. Tearing his eyes away, Scando turns his attention to his electro-magnetic Pulse 2 Gun ”“ Scando removes the weapon's clip and puts a fresh charge in, then slings the weapon across his right shoulder and tightens the weapon's strap so clings tightly to his armored back. Scando then stocks his Merr-Sonn PLX portable missile launcher with fresh ammunition, adjusts the weapon's sight, and then slings it over his left shoulder. Scando then pulls a round device down from a nearby storage locker ”“ the device, a little knick-knack designed by Scando himself, finds a home on the back of Scando's utility belt. Lastly, Scando clips his custom RS-X blaster pistol and Golan Arms FC-1 to the sides of his utility belt. Turning away, Scando heads back to the freighter's controls.

As Tatooine's Own descends to the surface of Altyr V, the freighter's scanners pick up The Angelwing ”“ a ship presently being burned apart by the fiery creature that claimed to have some sort of kinship with Rane Scando. Eyes narrowed, Scando activates the freighter's forward ion cannon, and takes aim. A moment later, a blast rips forth and smashes into the remains of The Angelwing ”“ disabling the ship, meaning the fiery creature would have no more power to feed off of.

Scando smiles malevolently.

Scando then takes aim with the forward ion cannon one more time. This time, the veteran bounty hunter aims at what he guessed was the middle, or the core, of the fiery creature that was causing so much chaos. The second blast rips forth and hits the fiery creature. The energy does exactly what Scando had hoped for ”“ the intensity of the energy consumes the fiery creature, momentarily stupefying it. As the fiery creature falls to the ground below, Scando orders the droid next to him to land alongside it. A few moments later, Scando dawns his helmet, and exits the freighter.

As the fiery creature stumbles about, Scando draws that little knick-knack that he had crafted. After flicking a switch on the device's side, the veteran bounty hunter tosses it at the fiery creature. The device explodes, covering the fiery creature ”“ the creature that claimed to be part Searcy, part Scando ”“ with purple goop. The goop succeeds in doing two things; firstly, the goop neutralizes the fiery creature's fire, secondly, the goop hardens to form a tough shell around the once fiery creature ”“ encasing him in a prison of sorts.

After using his chin to hit the voice amplifier built into his helmet, Scando calls out to the people of Altyr V, just as The Grave Breaker touches down.

"Looks like you needed some help."

Indy grabbed her modified blaster and an assult rifle and headed outside to try and bring down the creature. She squinted into the sunlight and saw another ship come in and pound the firebird to a pulp.

Not recognizing the ship immediately, she watched as it landed and the famous bounty hunter Rane Scando came waltzing out. She watched as Scando threw his grenade at the bird, locking it up.

"Looks like you needed some help," Rane said.

Nodding her head in appreciation, Indy gave Rane a smile. "Yes...I guess we did. Thank you for your assistance, bounty hunter. I had no idea how to stop this creature. Tell me though, how did you know it was here?"

amipaint2.jpg

*Ronin walked out of his ship with a cigarette clenched between his lips. He had his two guns in their holsters, his rapier, and a few assorted surprises. Ronin took a long drag on his cigarette and put his hand on Rane's shoulder.*

"Lucky guess, I suppose, Mrs. Indy."

*Ronin blew smoke in air and walked forward, speaking out of the corner of his mouth, stretching and popping his bones as he moved...*

"Oh, and very nice Smile. It makes you look very... Malevolent"

FinalRONIN.png

The Death Scythe landed beside Indy and her new friends. Inside the armor Marc's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Where Rane Scando goes there can be only trouble.

Nonetheless he trusted Ronin, Marc had supported him throughout the Pirate King's reign. They had parted ways as allies, and he had no reason to think things had changed.

"It is good to see you again old friend."

Marc was too injured to exit the armor, and his mask had been partially burned off.

"You as well Scando, I thank you and your compatriots for your time under my employment. The Mercenaries did their job very well."

Marc spoke to Indy.

"I apologize for not awaiting your orders. I haven't had a boss since Wartide over here. I am still getting used to it. I must attend to my injuries now."

He said it calmly, but he was in intense pain. The building was damaged from the fire, and Marc doubted the medically facilities were still operational. He moved out of sight of the others.

iTJBZId.png

"Like my partner here said, we just got lucky. We get lucky quite a bit, well, I do at least. Quite the place you've got here. Nice place to die."

Scando smiles malevolently as the Death Striker wearing some sort of strange armor appears. A moment later, Scando puts two and two together and recognizes the individual as one of the pirates that had once served under Ronin Wartide. Scando continues to smile malevolently as the individual leaves.

The veteran bounty hunter then pulls his Golan Arms FC-1 free from his utility belt. In one fluid motion, Scando spins the weapon around and fires. Now, a weapon like a Golan Arms FC-1 fires shards of metal in a shotgun-like spread, and is capable of hitting multiple targets in close proximity ”“ in this case, the shards of metal rip through the nearest Death Striker's legs. As this ”œIndy”

*Ronin took a long puff on his cigarette again, watching as Rane flipped out and tore out the Death Striker's eye, using it to gain access to an underground bunker. Ronin held it between his lips and pulled his red signature red coat back, revealing his twin dueling pistols. Ronin pulled them out and held them at eye level, his arms fully extended, training his sights on the Death Striker that Rane had left on the surface.*

"I hate to do this, ya'know, after Moon Knight got a sentimental, but you know how it is. Business is business."

*Ronin took off the safety and readied himself to fire. He wanted her to at least stand up before he shot. No need to shoot a woman while she was still down...*

FinalRONIN.png

Marc was prepared to exit his armor when the first shot rang out. He had had a feeling that would happen, and now he regreted leaving Indy. The rockets on his armored boots sent him flying back toward Indy, his shield, and high powered cannon drawn. By the time he made it back to the seen Indy was down, and the building was in pieces.

Monsters.

Marc had his cannon leveled hovering between Scando and Ronin. He couldn't take them both out, but Indy was bleeding badly.

"You will both die for this. But not now. I can't beat you both, but one shot from this cannon will tear through the hull of a starship. Imagine what it could do to your body. I can get one of you before either fire. And it will take more than one shot to breach the armor. You should know Ronin you invented it. So here's where we stand. If we fight, one of you will most likely die. Let me take the girl and leave. You've done what you came for."

iTJBZId.png

"You are a cunning warrior, friend. I accept your terms on behalf of both of us. You understand that us attacking you here was only a job, it was nothing personal. As we've done what we came for, we will leave now. Ah, as a token of my good will, I will even leave my partner's ship behind ”“ it belongs to you know."

Rane Scando lowers his Golan Arms FC-1 and clips it to his utility belt. Turning around, the veteran bounty hunter nods to Ronin Wartide, and the two elite mercenaries then head back to the freighter Scando had arrived on. Scando and Wartide disappear inside, and a moment later, the droid inside starts up the freighter's engines. As Tatooine's Own lifts off and takes to the sky, Scando heads to the freighter's main gun well and charges up the forward laser cannon. Scando was cautious while doing so, from the outside it still appeared as if the laser cannon was inactive. Taking careful aim, Scando finally fires ”“ three powerful energy blasts lance out at the armored former pirate. The first blast does little. The second, which hits less than a second later, does a bit more, and succeeds in penetrating the armor ”“ these blasts were coming from a heavy laser cannon, after all. The third blast rips through the former pirate, knocking him back, and burning his insides.

As Tatooine's Own blasts away from Altyr V, and enters hyperspace, The Grave Breaker, Ronin Wartide's ship, explodes. The explosion rocks the Death Striker's base, wreaking havoc. All Death Strikers are alive, albeit some are buried alive; some are missing their eyes and have ruined legs; and some have burning entrails.

Mira had considered herself lucky not to have been seriously injured in the explosions that rocked the buildings, if she had been in her quarters she could have been killed, but as it was, she was in the training room and had had the sense to dive for cover when the first explosions sounded. When Indi had come to find her she followed her new boss's instructions and had carried one lot of supplies down to the bunker and had gone for another load when she saw the other ship move in to land.

She immediately took to the shadows to remain out of sight. She had gone for some more medical supplies to take down to the bunker and had delayed her return to dress her wounds while she had the chance. She had just finished dressing her blistered arm when she saw Indi speaking with the bounty hunter. Her new boss she found was way too trusting of others.

Mira left the supplies in the shadows and crept closer to where Indi and the bounty hunters were, her blaster drawn and ready to fire. There was a wall of flames between her location and Indi's and she would have to skirt around that as well as trying to keep herself hidden from view. She didn't trust bounty hunters and some instinct told her not to trust these one's either.

Her suspicions were confirmed when she saw Indi shot in the legs by the first bounty hunter - Rane Scando if she ID'd him correctly, his reputation was legendary. Through the flames she fired shots in his direction only to have them not even dent his armour... she really should have had her own blaster on her and not the one she had picked up in the armoury. She looked on with horror as he moved to the bunker, somehow gaining accesses to the bunker before he used mines to collapse it.

Mira was furious as she watched him and his compatriot leave. Not caring now if she was seen or not, the damage having been done, she dashed firstly back to the medical supplies she had left and then around the flames to Moon Knight and Indi, doing what she could to help them.

3dYqGdw.jpg

Don't worry that the world will end tomorrow. It is already tomorrow in Australia

Indy, when will you ever learn?

Pain ripped through her as her legs gave out underneath her and one by one, her eyes were gouged out.

As she lay there, helpless and blind, she heard the bounty hunters take off after a few sharp words to Moon.

She was chagrined that she could do nothing to stop them. A Death Striker can use anything as a weapon... she chastised herself. You just didn't think fast enough.

She heard someone coming over towards her and bristled. Maybe only one of the bounty hunters had left. She was determined not to let anything else happen, and so she fumbled for her blaster, which was surprisingly still in her holster.

"Who's there?" she cried out, waving the blaster around aimlessly.

amipaint2.jpg

"It's Mira, Indi. I'm going to clean and dress your head wound. It might hurt abit but you don't want an infection in your eye sockets. He'll pay for this Indi, I'll make sure he does! The bunkers been collapsed too so I'm going to have to find a way to get the others out before they run out of air down there. Moon Knight doesn't look too good either."

Mira went to work on Indi, quickly, efficiently and as gently as she could. Her wounds looked terrible where Rane had gouged out her eyes. She used a special solution from the first aid box to wash her eyes, gently cleaning and then bandaging her head, then moving down to dress her leg wounds.

"If there is anything else I can do, just let me know... I'll try my best to be your eyes."

3dYqGdw.jpg

Don't worry that the world will end tomorrow. It is already tomorrow in Australia

Indy relaxed a bit when Mira identified herself. As far as Indy knew, Mira was still loyal to the Death Strikers, but she was still wary.

"Mira, there is something that must be done before anything else," Indy said, urgently grabbing Mira's hand. "The firebird.....it's still here. It has to be captured. If it's not, it will escape and come back again. Tell me where it is."

As if to demonstrate the urgency of her request she struggled to get up on her bleeding and cut up legs.

amipaint2.jpg

"Hold still Indi! You'll do yourself more damage, I still have to treat your legs. It's still contained at the moment but we'll still have to get rid of it."

Mira moved to ease Indi back to a more comfortable position while she thought about different possibilities for getting rid of the firebird.

"Do you have any Liquid Nitrogen on base? That might do the trick?"

3dYqGdw.jpg

Indy quickly racked her brain. Liquid nitrogen.....liquid nitrogen....

"I'm not sure...if I have some, it would be in the underground bunker. We can get it after we get the people out of there, which we need to do right now since the firebird is momentarily captured."

Indy winced as Mira treated her legs. After the bacta was applied though, she felt better.

"Help me up, Mira. I can stand," Indy said, gently putting pressure on her legs. "Take me to the bunker. I'll start getting people out. You need to treat Moon. I don't know how badly he was hurt, but the fact that he hasn't found us yet isn't a good sign."

Mira helped Induran to the bunker. "How will you get the others out?" Mira asked. "You can't see!"

"I'll be fine," Indy said quietly but urgently. "My being blind is the least of our worries right now."

Without giving Mira the chance to respond, Indy felt her way carefully into the bunker. She made her way around the debris, her legs stinging every time she bumped into some. Eventually she heard a woman groan from the corner and made her way over to the person. The cot had fallen on top of her. Indy shoved it off and hauled the woman onto her shoulders. Now more sure of her way around the debris, she got the woman out into the fresh air.

"I'll put them over here," she called to Mira, then stated back into the bunker once more. She hit her forehead on the door, but ignoring the pain, she kept on going.

Ok, we have Tanny, Myth, and the woman who crashed here, Indy thought, mentally making a list to make sure everyone got out.

After twenty minutes, she managed to get the three people out. Her legs felt like they were on fire and her head was throbbing. Cringing at the pain, she rested a few minutes while asking Mira how everyone looked.

amipaint2.jpg

Marc lay on the ground unconscious. The pain was severe and even in his shock induced sleep he could feel it. Suddenly, a bright light flashed within his mind. A figure appeared before him. A warrior, dressed in the garb of the Moon Knight. Marc had not seen anything like this for some time. The spirit of the original Moon Knight spoke into his mind,

Marc Spector, the darkness within you has prevented my guidance from coming through. You have allowed yourself to grow brash, you have ceased to follow the wisdom I know is within you.

The hard stare of the spirit's white eyes burned into his mind.

Nonetheless, I selected you as my successor because you were worthy. Your final negotiation proved that to me. I come to you now, because it is almost complete. Your last mission will be revealed soon. Your true self has returned, and I am back to guide you. Recover from this, and recontruct the Angelwing, and the Death Scythe. You will need them for what comes.

The vision faded, and Marc saw only blackness.

iTJBZId.png

One thing was for sure, her new boss was a goer. Even seriously injured and blind she still managed to get the others out. Mira aiding her by removing debris from around the other injured death strikers. As the first was brought out Mira grabbed more medical supplies and started treating them, first checking out Moon Knight and treating his serious burns while Indi brought the three out.

"They're not looking too good Indi... I'll do what I can."

She went to work on the rest of them... getting Indi to sit down before she fell down...

3dYqGdw.jpg

OOC: Well, since Searcy's firebird character sheet was nulled by Chrissie before this whole thing started, I'll just assume the whole attack by him didn't happen. The bounty hunters' attacks do....they attacked the bunker thinking there was something inside it. However, since the attack wasn't started in the first place by Searcy, all of the people and supplies that were in there were not in there. So the only thing that has changed since the beginning of the thread is that the underground bunker is destroyed, the base is damaged from the ship's explosion, the other DS's have injuries, and Indy has been blinded by Rane.

If anyone has a problem with this, let me know, otherwise we'll go off it.

IC:

As Mira treated the woundsof the others, Indy looked around. The damage wasn't as bad as she had first realized.

We can rebuild in no time, she decided. And then I think we need to start training. We can't wait for more to arrive....it's time to get started.

amipaint2.jpg

Mira dressed the wounds of the others then made her way back over to Indi.

"We'll have to get them undercover. I'll go and find a room that isn't damaged then I'll come back and take them in. Moon Knight is still unconscious and will need further treatment. As for you Indi, you need to be cleaned up further as well. I'll change your dressings once we have everyone back inside. Carrying everyone has opened up some of your wounds again and I need to redress and close them up again."

With that Mira went in search of a room, finding one and clearing it slightly she began the arduous task of getting everyone back inside. Getting Indi to help her carry Moon Knight in, she left her in there while backtracking and bringing the others in...

3dYqGdw.jpg

Marc finally awoke, his eyes scanning the room. The ship's blaster attack had burned most of his torso, and their had been some electrocution from the destroyed armor. Luckily someone had already pulled it off him. His armor was destroyed, and his clothing lay in tatters. He noticed Indy,

"I'm sorry," He croaked out.

"I knew they were evil. I should have warned you, I should never have trusted Ronin."

Marc wondered what Indy would think of him, knowing he had once ran with someone like Ronin Wartide. Ronin was different then, but she had no way of knowing that.

"They could have finished us if they'd really wanted. Rane and Ronin aren't ones to back down from death, they normally would have risked it. There is another reason they spared us."

iTJBZId.png

Indy shook her head. "It's not your fault, Moon Knight. You may have known they were evil, but you didn't know if they had changed since you last knew them. I don't blame you."

As she heard what Moon said after that, she sighed. "That's what I'm afraid of. But soon the Death Strikers will be up and running one hundred percent..."

Her voice trailed off. "Mira? How is everyone else? Wait...come here and sit down," she ordered. Mira sat on the side of Indy's cot.

Feeling the bed sink beneath her, Indy continued. "Good...you need rest too. Now, what is the position we have ourselves in? How long until we can rebuild?"

amipaint2.jpg

"Everyone else is settled now Indi"

Mira sat down beside her on the cot, thinking how unbelievably weary she was. She hadn't stopped since before her workout in the training room.

"I think you might be able rebuild soon, but you really will need a professional to treat your wounds Indi. They are more serious than I've had to treat before."

3dYqGdw.jpg

Induran started to shrug off Mira's concern, but caught herself. You've been injured before, but never this bad. Maybe Mira is right. You'll be no good to the Death Strikers dead or seriously hurt.

Sighing, she spoke. "Alright. We can look into it...but for now, I'm sure everyone else has more pressing needs than mine. After everyone is on the mend, then we can bring a doctor out here.

"Mira, get some rest for now. I want you to sleep. Moon and I can monitor the others for a few hours."

She managed a small smile as her sense of humor kicked in. "I'm not completely helpless, you know. There are plenty of blind people in the universe that get along just fine."

amipaint2.jpg

Mira put up a mild protest while struggling to hold back a yawn, the latter winning and she put her hand up to her face to hide it.

"Ok Indi, you win... but wake me if you need me for anything..."

She made her way over to a spare bunk and lay down. No sooner had her head hit the pillow then she was asleep...

3dYqGdw.jpg

Marc awoke suddenly springing up into a sitting position. Sweat gleamed on his forehead. He'd had a nightmare. He couldn't remember the details, but the spirit had appeared to him again, and revealed something unpleasant.

A nightmare, or a prophetic dream?

Marc gazed around in the darkness, his eyes adjusting to the gloom. How long had he been asleep? Days, weeks, it was impossible to tell. The one who had treated him, he still hadn't caught her name, lay sleeping to his right. Indy seemed asleep too, but it was impossible to tell. He couldn't get over the cruelty exhibited by his former friend. Marc would pay him a visit as soon as he was healed. In the meantime, he was too awake to go back to sleep now. He winced as he leaned against the wall and waited for daybreak.

iTJBZId.png

Mira woke up to the sensation of warmth on her face. She raised her hand up to shade her eyes from the sunlight streaming in the window and onto her face.

Sitting up and looking around she noticed one of her 'patients' sitting up, leaning against the wall. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes she glanced around the room, noticing the others were all still sleeping. She gracefully stood up and made her way over to him...

"How are you feeling? Looks like your dressings need to be changed, I'll just go get some fresh bandages."

Mira made her way over to the medical supplies, getting what she needed and moved back to Moon Knight.

"I'm Mira by the way, I'm not sure I caught your name either in all that has gone on"

3dYqGdw.jpg

Marc grimaced as he changed his bandages. He relaxed as she finished, putting the pain out of his mind.

"It is nice to meet you Mira. My name is Moon Knight."

After all that had happened he had been tempted to give her his real name. The weight of being known only by a false identity bore down on him. But he kept his burden for now.

"Thank you for saving my life."

He had thought for sure no one else had survived as he lay out there, the burns covering much of his body. Marc was genuinely appreciative of what she had done, and he vowed then and there to repay her. His eyes glanced over Indy. He nodded in her direction,

"How is she?"

iTJBZId.png