Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

“Ach, ok ok lady! No need to drag.” Kiv screeched slightly. Truth be told, he was used to it, but a common Jawa standard of living was to make it tough on those who wanted to drag you anywhere, unless they had the intention of killing you. Then you needed to make it impossible to take you anywhere. 

“Ah! Glad to see you are following, big cousin!” Kiv noted at the Tusken’s arrival after the savage had dropped off the Mandalorian warrior.  “Leaving your lady lover already? Make sense. Warrior make love on battlefield, not bedroom. Now you with me, great Kiv. Don’t worry big cousin, I take care of you. We all sons of sand, eh? Have to stick together, protect your littler cousins from the feet of bigger beings?”

Once they arrived at the Crate, Kiv couldn’t help but give a slight whistle and rub his hands together like a businessman sensing an opportunity.

“Nice ship nasty lady. Older stuff lasts longer as I always say. Perhaps for extra fee, I can get you in contact with someone who can do upgrades? Subtle upgrades even? Why, I met a Bothan…”

Kiv stopped himself. “Oops, can’t reveal my inventory for free, no no no. Anywho, speaking of Bothans, you have coordinates for Bothowui? I have good knowledge that is where our squib friend is stationed right now. Once we get in orbit, I make contact, set up means of payment for supplies, then we on our way, yes?  But only if you have coordinates and flight path for that planet. If not…well, that costs extra, and I have two mouths to feed now. Three if I count you. Four if I count my dumb droid, which I do, so I have four mouths to feed now...”

Kiv walked onto the ship like he practically owned it and began to do what Jawa’s did best. Observe, categorize, and plot. “Lets see, nice nice. I know some people who would like some of this. Now lets see, you need the supplies for cheap, yes? Cheap means small price, but there is still price. How you plan on paying my squib-friend lady?”

Kiv glanced at Rru, and scratched his face in thought. “Oh, and you have any food I can feed big cousin?  I afraid he get lonely and bored, and food is a wonderful cure for boredom in my family. Plus when he hungry, he liable to rip up the floorplates…” 

• Like 1

image.jpeg.d53492beab516d9a1b229282717105a7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 12:57 PM, Klu Kiv said:

Kiv walked onto the ship like he practically owned it and began to do what Jawa’s did best. Observe, categorize, and plot. “Lets see, nice nice. I know some people who would like some of this. Now lets see, you need the supplies for cheap, yes? Cheap means small price, but there is still price. How you plan on paying my squib-friend lady?”

Kiv glanced at Rru, and scratched his face in thought. “Oh, and you have any food I can feed big cousin?  I afraid he get lonely and bored, and food is a wonderful cure for boredom in my family. Plus when he hungry, he liable to rip up the floorplates…” 

I mostly ignored the little jawa's chatter as I booted the ship up. Flip the switches for the thruster primers, cycle on the gravity generator, flip the switches again because there's always one primer that doesn't catch the first time.

When Kiv brought up price, I nodded while I booted up the nav computer. "I've got some good pay from my last few jobs. Plus some salvage to make up the difference," I said while absentmindedly waving my hand towards the clutter near the rear of the ship.

"If either of you are hungry, there's a footlocker with rations under the seats on the port side." As I did, I hit the ignition, and The Crate hummed to full power.

"Strap in. And say goodbye."

The Crate lifted off and ascended into the sky.

• Like 1