Mos Eisley - Tatooine

Tarrian Skywalker

Arin looked up, his shaggy black hair concealing his eyes as he grinned at the man's comment of there always being at least one survivor. He was right, various factions had tried to wipe out the Wookiee's many times and from time to time he would see one of them roaming about. Of course, there was always the possibility of just cloning two of the species and letting them get to work repopulating.

"The Link is a less then desirable job. They've had problems with Pirates and Black Sun in the past; I have no interest in being in such a lightly armed group with enemies like that. Perhaps I'll check out Kamino...It'd be a nice change after having been to this...place."

He nodded his head in thanks for the refill and took his time drinking it this time, adding a few more words as an after thought.

"Thanks for the info."

Adenn nodded back.

"No problem. Black Sun would most likely not have any interest in cloning, but maybe some smaller independant factions could have use for it. Tatooine is a very dry arid place, a vacation on Kamino would be nice, but you get used to it..."

Adenn handed another patron a drink before rreturning to his wife's side.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Mirdala nodded to her husband, "Hold down the fort for a few. I'm going to see Senger."

Adenn nodded, wondering who Mirdala could have possibly known on this backwater planet, but went about managing the bar and setting things up for shut down in a few hours.

When Mirdala returned, the binary suns were just starting to pink with the dawn of a new day on Tatooine. Behind her svelte form a rather tall and muscular man followed her in on her heels.

Adenn had just finished shooing out the last few straggling patrons and was busy wiping down the counter. He looked up to meet the newcomer squarely in his striking blue eyes, made to stand out even more so by his long black hair and black garments.

"Dear husband, allow me to introduce you to one of my contacts here on Tatooine, Senger Ormulf. He has agreed to mind the bar for us for the duration of the tournament." She introduced the dark stranger with a wave of her hand.

Adenn and Senger sized up one anther for a moment then both men nodded without one word to the other in silent acceptance.

Mirdala said a quick thanks to her friend and grabbed Adenn by his forearm and led him out of the bar.

(Continued in Tatooine Thread)

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Vash caught it with a speed unnatural for the human body he appeared to have. As they walked back, Vash began to think over what was happening. The execution of the Imperial and Moon's plan were foremost in his mind. Moon was much more dangerous than he had thought. He was more than a nut in a costume. Moon would be a dangerous enemy. Vash would have to try not to betray him.

But one can never be sure.

Vash entered the Cantina as Lieutenant Starwind.

"What do we do now?"

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

Moon Knight kept his voice low, leading the Imperial over to a private booth. "Now it is time for you to report back to the Empire. They'll never know you were substituted in for their officer, if you play this correctly.

"We can continue to play the same game for some time, or at least until the Empire catches on and tries to put us in over our heads--which will be quite difficult. As per your fabricated scenario, Lieutenant Starwind could return to the Empire with a tempting offer--one that requires the input of someone with a little more rank," Fett explained despite the discomfort of speaking.

"If we reach a dead end, we could start over or take a new strategy, but I'd like to see how high up through the chain of command we could reach in this fashion."

((And hopefully we won't keep getting fed NPCs. ))

iTJBZId.png

(OOC: sorry for the brevity of this post, but it will serve its purpose.)

*Imperial agents undercover in the bar approach Deton and Arin and offer them chits with a message written on them in a time-released ink which would disappear after a few hours. It gave them a docking bay to visit in Mos Eisley proper that evening.*

(OOC: Just head over to the "docking bay" in the Tatooine thread and I'll post taking you to Imperial HQ. Please PM me to remind me.)

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

He sighed as he finished the last dregs of his drink. He was beginning to feel his time in this cantina was at an end. Suddenly he was presented with a small message. WIth an exaggerated slowness as if to not appear alarmed or excited his made sure his bill was paid and left the bar.

((This is my fith time trying to post this, the first post was like four times longer than this.))

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

"Then let us head out of here now."

Vash and Moon found the Imperial's ship with little difficulty. Imperial ships were hard to mistake. Vash wasn't exactly confident in his ability to fly the thing though.

"I think it's best if you take the helm, since it seems I'll end up doing most of the grunt work anyway."

5af9944b.jpg

"Humans, how pathetic."

Saphile walked into the bar through the front door, his hair long and black, his face deeply scarred, he looked quite young, but also quite disciplined, as all people with kuati blood in them looked. Blood drenched his tunic, gore smeared over his scavenged stormtrooper pauldrons and knee guards, even his face had traces of the red coloring of another being. As he walked into the dusty cantina, he noticed plenty of faces, both alien and human. Some wore hoods, other's wore helmets, and some did not have any headgear at all. Sitting down at one of the many barstools in the cantina, he ordered some blue milk and began to slowly plan out the rest of his life. So far he had managed to kill his master with a cutting knife, then he escaped the slave camp, and now that he had some stolen money, he could maybe get off this dirtball, at this point, he would do anything to leave this world. Maybe go to kuati, where his ancestors were, or maybe some foreign asteroid mining colony. Wherever it was he didnt care, so long as it was far away from here...

A dusty, hot breeze followed Raela inside the crowded cantina as she stepped into the dim, smoky room. The room was filled with a mixture of tongues and voices, and the scent of liquor and spice was even stronger. She looked around at the seedy area, her green eyes narrowing slightly as she studied her new surroundings. Just what had drawn her into this slimey hole?

Well, at least the music was good...

Silently, she stepped lithely through the throng and up to the bar, taking a seat in an empty barstool.

"...Quite the party you've got going on around here," she murmured to the barkeep quietly, casting her gaze around again.

An aged Skipray Blastboat exited hyperspace over Tatooine and landed near the cantina. Exiting was a large Wookiee wearing a black robe and carrying only his standard weaponry. As he walked the ground shook slightly. Entering the cantina he ordered a Corellian Ale and took a seat.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Only a few hours had went by since Rodya was in this cantina, and it was just as lively at the present as it had been then. He walks into the bar, hooded, and scouts the area for any unusual looking specimens. A large wookiee is seated nearby, much larger than the one Rodya had recently killed. A formidable foe, or ally? thinks Rodya.

He sits at the bar and continues to scan the area. A drink is handed to him even though he never ordered one. To his right sits a young human male. Quite an unusal individual indeed. The man is covered in blood, dirt, and putrid stink. A silent chuckle spews forth from the depths of Rodya's gut. He is amused by the boy.

He certianly is a fearsome looking child isn't he?

Another voice within Rodyak's demented brain speaks for the first time, Yes, absolutely so, says the voice, at least for a human, and if that is not merely pig blood. Farm boys are never too particularly menacing.

Rod-yak stops for a second and thinks about that strange voice that just spoke. He looks around to see if anyone was actually talking to him, then shakes off his misguided feelings and slides down the bar, next to the young man.

"Hi there. You wouldn't be looking for a job would you?"

((Saphile, I'll give you three days to respond. Standard Rp rules. If not, I'm leaving and assuming you are inactive. If you do, we'll head out on your first mission for the fearsome Whyl the Hutt))

rodya2.jpg

The man looked at the alien beside him still gripping his blue milk in his left hand,

"I work for anyone who can get me off this damn rock.."

Said the human, taking another long sip of his blue milk,

"As long as you can pay me and get me outta here I'll walk barefoot into hell. I don't have any other reason to stay here, but I have every reason to leave."

OOC: Bout damn time you guys got to me

"Good, then a fun adventure and a few hundred thousand credits will apaise your apetite won't it?" Rodya whispers to the man as he moves slightly closer to keep the patrons of the bar from hearing the words credits and thousands.

"Follow me if you really want off of this rock." The Dashade rose from his stool, never having touched the complimentery drink, and heads for the door. Out of the corner of his eye he watches the gigantic wookiee, but exits the bar before the creature moves. Saphile follows close behind, and the newly assembled crew is on its way, boarding Rodya's ship in minutes and lifting into the air.

"Why don't you consider making use of the refresher?" Rodya says to Saphile, "I like blood, and your appearance doesn't bother me, but where we are going you will need to blend in. I don't think all of those red stains will suit you too well. After you get cleaned up we'll talk about this job. My name is Rodya by the way," he adds at the last moment realizing that he has failed to introduce himself.

Dunya moves the ship into space, punches a few coordinates into the hyperdrive, and the two bounty hunters are off on their journey.

((Make your next post in the space thread. You can have the first one. Sorry about posting your actions, just trying to move things along. We'll slow down now.))

rodya2.jpg

A giant Sail Barge pulls into Mos Eisley. Durga the Hutt comes off and heads over to the cantina with some guards around him.

When he enters the cantina he turns his head to the band, which is playing a rather lively tune. He turns back to the bar and goes over to the bartender.

"Let me speak to the owner."

durgathehuttdp5.png

[huttese]If you anger me, you will become bantha fodder![/huttese]

Looking up as the stream of colorful characters continued to enter and exit the establishment, Raela's eyes suddently widened a bit as she noticeed a rather large, imposing Hutt coming through the door. Knowing better than to rouse this gangster's ire or suspiscion, she merely turned back to the drink she had ordered, silently sipping on it as the Hutt ambled up to the space beside her and made his demands. Ugh, she was never terribly fond of their sorts...always waltzing around as if they owned the entire damn planet.

Well, in all actuality, they most likely DID own this entire rock.

Indeed, she too wanted to speak to the owner; perhaps, until she determined what exactly had drawn her to this place, she could obtain a job here. It seemed to be quite the popular place for...interesting sorts.

The music played as Gantoris sat back enjoying his drink. The years in deep space had trained him to be calm. Albeit his nature was good he still had much anger inside him. He had learned to control that anger and only use it when necessary. No longer a pawn of either side of the force BC had mastered both sides and learned to disallow either from claiming him. Slowly rising Gantoris makes his way for the door. Upon entering his ship he enters a few coordinates and takes off.

I have forseen my destiny and now it must be fulfilled.

Hitting hyperspace the large Skipray Blastboat disappears.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

((Posting as the NPC bartender))

The bartender looked up from the sink he was washing dishes in and nodded at the Hutt who had appeared at the bar. Repulsive things, always slithering around like they owned the place. Of course, they probably did, just not this particular part of it. He made his way over to the overgrown slug and spoke in Huttesse.

[Huttesse]: They are not here, I have a specific comm frequency they are known to use. I can patch you through if you so wish, or you can wait here for them to return in person.

The bartender looked into the big, bulging eyes, trying not to let his face turn into a frown.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

"Yes...I would like to speak to the owner now, there's no knowing exactly when the owner will be here, I assume."

Durga could see the struggle in the man's face and the fat, slimy, and repulsive, but otherwise beautiful slug was amused.

"By the way, who is the owner of this establishment?"

durgathehuttdp5.png

The man grimaced, this Hutt just wouldn't leave. Oh well, he would be gone soon enough. The bartender pulled out a comlink and punched in a little used frequency. The startled voice of Tracyn came over the comm and the bartender explained the situation to him. He handed the comm to the slug and nodded.

"Good day Lord Durga. I am Tracyn Darmanda. What can I do for you?"

((I'm gone for the next 8 days. Try to reach Ca'tra on her IM services.))

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

There was a slight shuffling as the comm link was taken by Mirdala, who was the more proficient of the two in Huttese.

****COMM LINK****

"And I am Ca'tra Dar'manda. What can I help you with? Or if you don't mind waiting we are preparing to make our return to Tatooine within the next few minutes and will be there within a few hours if you would like to discuss this in person? I think it would be best in person given our current location actually..."

****END LINK****

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Raela's eyebrows raised a bit as she heard that the cantina's owners were not currently in. Tilting her head slightly to the side, she only eavesdropped a little on wha was going on. Rather than interrupt and possibly inspire the hutt's vile anger, she patiently waited for the minor...altercation to subside, or for the giant slug to vacate the premises, befure she spoke once more.

After Ca'tra is done, Durga decides that he will wait in the cantina. Durga could tell that Raela was listening, her attempt at hiding her dropping of the eaves should be rather embarrassing...like a dropping of the soap...((If I was facing away from you, Raela, then I'll delete this))

Durga could tell she wanted him to leave, but he had chosen to stay, and he would stand by that decision. No one would make him, Durga, do something against his will...except Whyl, of course. Durga waited...

durgathehuttdp5.png

Mirdala entered the cantina with a wave to Senger who had been minding the bar while they were out. She crossed behind the counter and set the bag down with a dull "thunk", as she turned to face the Hutt.

"My sincere apologies for our absence. We were attending to some off-world business. It's good to finally meet in person." She lilted in Huttese.

Though the memories of the dar'yaim that was Faust's instillation on Ryloth were still fresh in her mind, her demeanor was that of a person that had recently returned from a business or personal trip, and not that of one that had witnessed a blood bath and lived to tell the tale, or one that now was in debt to Faust.

Adenn took his customary place between the entrance and the bar, keeping stock of the situation and keeping an eye out for any patrons that might be getting too out of hand. Better to let his wife handle the Hutt, he had a lot to plan and to think on for the moment.

((Sorry this took so long...Adenn's gone for the week and I've been having connection problems.))

fMZZcER.png

((It's alright, I couldn't use the computer, anyway.))

"Ah, yes...I am Durga...I have been sent by the Great Whyl. As I see that this bar does have an ownership, I would like to make sure that there are no...hostile feelings on your side toward the Hutts. The last thing I would want is bad relations between you and us. I'm sure that we are always welcome here...or am I wrong?"

When Durga asked this, it was clear that he was insinuating that the ownership could not be happy if they chose the wrong side...

durgathehuttdp5.png

Mirdala paused for a moment and regarded the Hutt before answering.

"As they haven't done anything to get on our bad side, then I should see no reason as to why there should be any hostile feelings between us."

She had picked up on the insinuated threat, and was not at all amused, especially with the recent happenings on Ryloth. Still, the fewer enemies they made on the planet that they'd planned to settle on, the better.

fMZZcER.png

"This is good...for both of us," Durga said. "If you have no further business with me at this time, I must return to the Palace...I have been gone a long time."

Durga turned around and left, but not without a friendly goodbye wave.

"One of you get my barge ready," Durga ordered to his men, and one ran ahead and readied the sail barge. Durga got on and returned to the Hutt Palace.

durgathehuttdp5.png

Quietly listening to the brief exchange between the Hutt and the recently arrived owners, Raela realized that it had been a generally peaceful visit, though she too had picked up the threat. A mild smile quirked on her lips as she picked up her glass and swirled it about a bit.

"It sounds like you've got quite a handful of ruffians coming and going through here," she said quietly to the female owner. Glancing up with piercingly serene green eyes, she set her glass down and rested her hands on the counter. "Could you use a pair of extra hands to keep the peace around here?"

((Sorry for taking so long on this!))

Mirdala paused for a moment and diverted her attention from the retreating hulk of hutt to a human woman who looked to be about the same age as the Mando-born woman.

"I am Ca'tra Dar'Manda and this is my husband, Tracyn. We recently took control of this cantina. Who might you be?" the raven-haired woman asked, as she continued to take stock of the young woman, wondering if one such as this could handle some of the challenges inherent in such a line of work.

"Interestingly enough, we've had other business come up and we were looking for someone to help keep an eye on things while either one or the other of us is away. Have you ever worked in a setting such as this before?"

fMZZcER.png