Primary Terrain: aquatic

Points of Interest: Tipoca City

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Kaminoans

Immigrated Species: humans, Sullustans

Primary Language(s): Basic

Faction Affiliation: neutral

Defense Rating: Level 2

JediRP Canon History: Kamino is no longer home to the best cloners in the galaxy, although a large portion of the population still consists of human clones. For many years, it was home to a Sith alchemy lab and base, run mostly by the Sith Master Oblivion. The base was attacked by the Jedi in the infamous Kamino Incident, where many of the planet’s floating cities were also destroyed.

In recent years, the Sith lab has fallen into neglect and disrepair, and the planet is now neutral.

((Summary compiled by Amidala Skywalker. Thank you!))

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

OOC: This thread is part of a personal storyline between my padawan Darla, and myself. I ask everyone to respect this fact, and to not post here unless you have talked to me before hand.

IC:

In the remote reaches of space lies the planet of Kamino. Home to the famed cloners of the Old Republic Army, and several clones since then, Kamino despite its unsung fame has seemed to remain in the shadows of the galaxy for quite some time.

Over the roaring oceans, vast ultra-modern cities reach out, held up by massive metal stilts bracing the cities against the rushing waves. Although mainly home to the native Kaminoans, this water rich planet has been the choice of home for a small few individuals, including for a time the famous bounty hunter Jango Fett.

Several miles north of Tipoca City lies a medium sized structure, formed in the typical domed shaped Kominoan architecture. Long ago home to the Jedi Tares Vortex, this home once again has been called into use.

Built high above the ocean, the house features some of the most luxurious features offered on Kamino. Full of many guest rooms, a large living area, and a variety of other rooms, the home also incorperates a few other security features as well.

Aboard the Sogno, Tares gently guides his ship down onto the landing pad and awaits his apperentice....

tares.jpg

Darla followed the co-ordinates Tares had given her which brought her to the planet Kamino. She had never heard of it before. But she wasnt exactly that well travelled and was still only 18. Sometimes she felt like she was 118. Darlas' ship; the Dark hunter, used to known as Black6. But now she was no longer with a fighter squadron she had renamed it.

She reverted to to real space above the world and began her descent into the atmostphere. She could see the Sogno, she followed its trail.

Kamino was a truely breath taking sight. Huge waves lashed against the domes of cities in a vast ocean. The sight made Darla feel young again. There was so much she still had to see in the galaxy.

The Sogno eventually landed and the Dark hunter followed suit. Darla got out of her ship and removed her flight helmet, shaking out her hair and taking in a deep breath.

"see I promised I wouldnt leave you this time."Darla told her Droid Weedo who was still a little sad about bein left on Hoth. It was funny how Droids could seem very human at times.

Darla approached Tars with a smile. "Great planet. So do I got another tour of one of your luxurious homes?" Darla joked, but she was serious about having alook around.

OOC: Dont worry about rushing. Like I said before Im good with rushing

Rannrsig.jpg

Darla followed Tares over to the shelter. She took her time allowing the rain to pour down onto her face. It was cool and refreshing after being cramped in her starfighter. Darla loved the rain. She stood in it with her eyes closed until her hair was slick and her filghtsuit almost soaked through.

Grinning she arrived at the shelter. "Lovely weather we've got." Weedo followed close behind her beeping in protest at the weather. "Lead the way!" She said to Tares.

Rannrsig.jpg

Tares smiled as he led Darla into the massive home from the landing pad enterence.

The tour began in the kitchen, dressed in the greys, blues, and whites of Kaminoan design. Off the kitchen was a large living room, followed by the dining room.

Several minutes of walking led them to the upper rooms, full of a variety of guest rooms and other multi-purpose areas. The main hallway led to a large dojo like training room with several melee weapons hanging from the walls.

Finally ending the tour, Tares led her back to the main living room, "Perhapes it will be possible to stay alittle longer here this time than on Naboo. You may have your choice of a bed room, while you are deciding on that, I'll start making dinner."

With that Tares headed to the kitchen and began preparations....

tares.jpg

Darla was impressed. She found herself a bed room and dumped her bag in one of the cupboards. It wasnt hard for Darla to feel at home. She had a hot shower to warm herself up after the rain. After that she looked through the clothes she had nabbed from Tares' ship that had belonged to his old padawn. She found a smart black dress, it had been years since she worn a dress. It wasnt perfect but the fit was good enough. Darla dried her hair and made herself look presentable. The thought of another one of Tares Vortex's dinner had her stomch rumbling.

Newly attired and freshly washed Darla descended into the kitchen.

"Ummm...smells good." Darla compliamented.

Rannrsig.jpg

"I figured something along the lines of seafood would be fitting, seeing that we are surrounded by a vast ocean." Tares said smiling as he placed the cooked fish onto two plates.

Taking the plates over to the table, Tares sat down and began to eat. Pausing for a brief second, he wiped his mouth and spoke, "I figured tomorrow we could begin with a morning flight around the planet. I was able to store a couple of the new fighters from the Temple onboard the Sogno, I believe a test flight may be due...."

tares.jpg

OOC: Sorry It's taken so long to reply! It's been a busy week. I'll speed things up, if that's ok.

Darla enjoyed teh meal Tares had made, she ate quickly and headed to bed. She was looking forward to getting into the cockpit of one of the new starfighters. After a long sleep Darla woke up feeeling completely refreshed and ready for some training.

She met Tares for breakfast, after which they would be heading out to the starfighters.

Rannrsig.jpg

OOC: Not a problem

IC: In the cold rain, Tares calmly approached the small hanger, feeling relaxed from the good nights sleep. The breakfast was as well refreshing to him since it had been awhile since he had a hearty meal in the morning.

Approaching the side of the door, Tares lifted up the hidden security panel and keyed in the code opening the doors of the hanger. Slowly the doors slid open, giving way to a large lit room. Near the center of the room, the light above reflected of a metallic silver painted metal.

The metal created part of the outershell of two Jedi starfighters, freshly painted in a non-typical blue color. Unlike the normal fighter, these two looked exteremely aerodynamic, along with sporting twin pairs of laser along with a few extra "goodies".

Looking back towards Darla, Tares smiled, "I'll let you have your pick...."

tares.jpg

darla approached the starfighter of her choice and ran her hand over the metallic surface. There where magnificent looking ships. She wondered how they handled.

"I'll take this one." She told Tares as she opened the cockpit.

She was dressed in her flight suit and held her flight helmet in her hand. After climbing into the cockpit she put on her helmet and began to warm up the engines. Darla spent a few minutes familiarising herself with the control. She waited for Tares to climb into his ship. When she thought he was in she contacted him on the ships comm.

"Im ready when you are Master." Darla grinned to herself, she was looking forward to this.

Rannrsig.jpg

Dressed in his traditional silver cloak, Tares smiled inside his own fighter, "Good, I see you have found the comm. Lets see what else you've picked up so far. The weapons have been modifed to fire blank lasers, which each fighter hull will register as a hit. This way, there isn't any actual damage, except maybe to someone's ego. Catch me if you can."

With that, Tares hit the throttle to full and sped out the hanger into the rainy open. As he cleared the pad with in a second, he pulled up on the stick and took the nose of the ship straight up into the air....

tares.jpg

Right, now you either show him what youve got or you get your butt kicked.... As Darla thought to herself shed already hit the throttle and blasted away from the landing pad. As she followed inTares' wake she tried to focus on the task ahead.

A few years ago Darla would have relished the challenge. Her pilots' bravado would have made her cocky enough to think she couldnt loose. Now she was older, more causcious and ready to admit defeat. Tars was a skilled warrior and she wasnt sure if she could beat him at this. Although she had a lot of flight experience she was still young and her fledgingly force abilites were no match for Tares. Perhaps she didnt need the force to win this one.

Come o0n, dont give up before youve even tried! a samll voice inside her seemed to shout out.

Darla opened herself up to the force as much as she could, this was her first starfighter combat since shed joined the jedi. She was slightly nervous about loosing....But there was a recklessness inside her that didnt care if she lost or won. She remembered the thrill of the case...Thats why she became a pilot in the first place.

She pushed the fighter as fast as it could go gaining on Tares. She didnt stop until there shields where practically touching. A wicked grin crept across her face. Just like old times.

Rannrsig.jpg

At the controls, Tares looked back and smiled as he saw the nose of Darla's fighter practically only a few meters behind him. His hand lightly grasped on the stick, Tares opened himself up to the force.

Through the force, he could feel the very air and rain rushing up against and off the hulls of the two fighters. He felt the heat of the engines, the energy of the lasers, even his own beating heart. As he went deeper into the force, he soon began to see past his eyes and hear beyond his ears. Soon he became one with all around him.

Zooming into the stormy clouds, Tares took the fighter into the shroud of grey, completely dark save for the random strikes of lightning every so often. Although the ship's sensors could no longer detect Darla's fighter, the force still revealed her to be at his side now that he was moving onto her own tail.

With in a few seconds, the two fighters erupted from the grey clouds into the clear night sky. Eyes closed, Tares continued to feel for Darla's ship, sensing the extreme force of her engines directly infront of his sights, "You are relying too much on what you're used to. Don't be afraid to journey into the unknown."

Lightly pressing on the trigger, Tares released the massive energy build up in the twin pairs of lasers, sending a stream of green bolts hurling towards Darla's fighter. While his sensors registered a series of direct hits, Tares could feel the energy slamming into the shields of the Jedi Fighter.

Releasing the trigger, Tares continued to tail Darla, allowing his lasers a few moments to recharge....

tares.jpg

Darla could feel tares' words through the force, but things werent that simple for her.

It's difficult to undo a lifetime of experience.... She projected through the force to Tares. I feel like an infant afraid to take her first steps.

The idea of opening up to the force completely whilst flying unerved Darla. she trusted her senses too much and was reluctant to surrender them to the forces' will. several of Tares' shots had already hit her, she wasnt at her best.

In order to avoid being hit again, darla begun to loop the ship in a haphazzard spiral. she pushed the engines as hard as she could, causing the ship to dance in the sky like a flittering insect. she tried to focus her mind in the time she had bought with the manouver.

Once again Darla reached out with her mind. Guide me Tares, I dont know how to do this. help me to connect with the force.....

Rannrsig.jpg

Smiling, Tares brought his fighter level and began flying a defensive pattern. Over the comm, he spoke in a gentle voice, "Infants aren't afraid to take their first steps, they simply accept the unknown and step into it. You can't be afraid............ use the force with your senses. Learn to combind the two...."

tares.jpg

Tare was right. Waht was there to be afraid of? She had never feared flying before. Darla had learnt that her eyes could not be trusted. So why did she rely so heavily on her physical senses.

Darla closed her eyes and tried to feel Tares and his craft through the force. She found that her hands were moving of the own accord. Still spiralling in a torrent of evasive manuevers Darla began to fire back. She waited until she feel Tares within her sights then pushed doen on the trigger.

Her eyes where tightly shut the whole time. She opened them as she began to speak.

"Did I get ya? I wasnt sure, I had my eyes closed."

Rannrsig.jpg

Tares smiled as he sensed several impacts along his hull, "Very good, you have proven to yourself that the unknown isn't so frightening anymore."

Recieving the comm, Tares was relieved to hear Reagan's voice again. In the past few days he had sensed some unrest in the force, and for some reason it had all pointed to Reagan.

"A friend of mine just commed me, it appears our assistance is required. Lets head out for hyperspace."

With that the two fighters entered orbit and soon were in hyperspace....

tares.jpg

• 1 month later...

((Assuming your done with this thread, Tares))

Glass doors slided open in the legendary Tipoca City. Emerging from the safety of indoors, heading out into the rainy abiss, was an old and seemingly fraill womam.

The old, sinister female walked with a cape and was shrowded from head to toe in a black cloack. She slowly made her way along a bridge, observing the stormy oceans of Kamino....

Inside a cloning cylinder a small body grew. The small being floated in the bluish ambiotic fluid, its mind slowly awakening. It wasnt lomng before anyone watching could see that the being was a human girl. Over the course of a week her body matured and now there floated a fully grown woman.

Her name had once been Darla, now she didnt know who or what she was. It was an impossible idea for her mind to grasp. She yhad been dead but now she was alive.

Memeroies flooded her fragile mind. In her last moments she had tried to fight a vicious killer, she had tried to save her friends, she had tried to be a hero. But she had been shot down, destroyed.....

Ashes to Ashes,

Dust to dust......

She opened her eyes and glanced through the murky liquid. Strange looking Aliens walked aound the cylinder typing information into datapads and work stations.

Where am I? Darla thought to herself.

She began to panic, fearing that she would drown in the tube. Much to her surprise she found that she could breath the strange fluid. she cakmed down and tried to understand what was happening.

A strange realisation hit her....Ive been cloned!

Rannrsig.jpg

*"The Ghost Rider" broke out of hyperspace just beyond Kamino's orbit. Steele could see the planet out the front window of the ship and the onboard computer began to show planetary data. Steele stood and grabbed his jacket, strapped on his twin blaster pistols and lashed them low on his thighs. He walked towards the rear of the ship and entered a code into a panel and a false wall opened to reveal his armory. He had every sort of weapon and tool for his trade. He opened a locker and took out his tactical vest, a black nylon mesh vest with misc clips, rings and pockets to hold various things and a scabbard across the back to hold a large two handed vibro-sword. He slid out of his jacket and hung it on a hook just beside the weapons cache, and stapped on the vest. He opened a small box to reveal four small force dampening projectors and slid them into the side pockets. He reached for a small rebreather, infrared goggles, titanium shackles, and 2 stun butons. He placed the butons in the holdsters just above his waist on his lower back, and the rest of the items in the vest. He then grabbed his vibro-sword and placed it in the scabbard on his back.*

"R2, have you finished the modifications on the force dampening collar yet?" he yelled from the back of the craft.

The droid chirped an affirmative and made its way to him, in his mechanical claw was the experimental force dampening collar, Steele took the collar and placed it in the vest as well.

"Put us in an approach vector to the back side of the city on the farthest landing platform, slice into the city's computer and give me a read out of a map to Gretchen's quarters, upload it to my datapad. Also, find the power grid and be ready to cut all power and secuirty counter measures in and around her quarters."

*Steele finished his last preparations and made his way to the cockpit for a final check before landing.*

"Be quick about the installation of the force dampening cell in the cargo hold, i dont want this one to get crazy on our way back to the Citadel nor do i want her dead, no credits for a corpse." he said

Steele brought the ship over the platform and set her down, walked to the landing ramp and departed the ship.

Damned rain, i hate rain. Can't anywhere have sunshine and nice weather" he grumbled to himself.

Inside her glass prison Darla struggled and squirmed. She screamed a wordless cry, bubbles erupting from her mouth. Darla began to bash her fists against the glass, it wasnt long before one of the strange aliens came her way. He pressed some buttons and the lid of the cloning cylinder opened. Light poured in and Darla swam up to it.

Her head broke the surface and she took in her first lungfull of air in a paniced gasp. There was a ladder theat led down the side of the tube Darla tumbled down it crashing on thee floor in a wet heap. She stuggled to her feet. Cold, wet, naked and slick from the thick amniotic fluid of the cloning cylinder. Her long hair hung down covering her face in thick sticky strands. Her piercing green eyes stared out at the alien, a Kaminoan cloner.

"You shouldnt be awake yet, dont panic Miss. We wont hurt you."

Her muscules felt weak and new, not the trained muscules of her old body. But a strange energy flowed through her body giving her strength. With inhuman speed she grabbed the cloner by the neck and lift him off the ground.

Through tears she shouted "Why?! Why did you do this to me!"

The cloner struggled to speak as she crushed his long thin neck.

"We were sent your DNA....We dont....dont know ....Why!"

With a scream of rage she released her grip on the cloners' neck. She also released the energy, the rage within her. The force had not abandoned Darla.

The energy knocked the cloner backwards into the cylinder. Normally he would have just smacked into the the tough glass but with force energy pushing him forward he hit it with such force that the glass shattered and the metal casing buckled and collapsed. A torrent of bluish fluid cascaded outwards flooding the floor of the chamber.

Darla stood shaking , breathing heavily. Somebody had brought her back to life....But who and why? The peace and tranquility of her death had ubruptly ended and harsh painful exsistance had returned to her. Darla looked down at her pale naked flesh, no scars, no dragon. Her black dragon tattoo represented everything that she was and everything that she stood for. It was gone, along with the markings of war and all that she had experienced in her life.

This was a new life, one without purpose. With out meaing. Darla wept to herslef. As the tears strolled down her face she didnt notice the cloner behind her aiming a blaster at her back. A stun beam knocked her to the gorund. The wet glas strewn floor rushed up to meet her as she decended into darkness once more.

Rannrsig.jpg

Rann landed his shuttle on one of the beautiful cities above the vast Kamnioan ocean. It was a truely breathtaking planet. Rann knew that he would be able to relax here. He booked himself into one of the cities hotels taking his meager belongings with him.

Then Rann took a bath. He was fed of all the quick showers ghe had taken over the months onboard his shuttle. All he wanted was to lay in the hot water and forget his worries. He climbed in lay back and let the rest of the galaxy melt away.

Rannrsig.jpg

*Steele checked the map R2-77 had uploaded to his datapad to make sure his path was the shortest to his destination. He made his way down the maze of corridors and past several rooms and past the cloning chambers, pausing for a few seconds every now and again to make sure he wasn't followed.*

"Why have i not been sensed? Surely Gretchen would have sensed my presence by now." he thoguht to himself.

*He continued on to her quarters, he was just outside her doorway and thumbed his commlink to R2-77*

"Disable the power to this section, along with the all secruity counter measures and open the door." he said quietly to his droid aboard his ship.

*The lights shut down and the door opened. Steele entered the room and closed the door behind him. He reached into his vest pocket and installed the force dampening projectors to cover every inch of her quarters. The bounty hunter checked the ammunition load on his blasters and unsnapped the keeprs on his blasters and long sword. He again reached into his vest and pulled the force dampening collar out and tapped some buttons, opening it and power surged thru it bringing it to full operation, with the lights still down he waited for Gretchen to arrive back to her quarters. He once agian opened a comm channel to R2-77...*

"I'm in and the projectors have been set. Make sure the cell is ready and the ship is prepped for take off, i don't want to over stay my welcome. Now we wait."

OOC: Remember, young one, I am outside

Gretchen's eyes slowly elevated from the dark and violent ocean to a landing pad on the far side of the city. The old, wicked woman smiled as she saw the ship land, and an armored figure emerge from the ship...must be here for me...

The gangly witch let out an evil laugh that seemed to fill Tipoca City with a horrible screech. Gretchen flipped the top of her cane open ((thinking ketchup bottle here)) and pressed a red button, a green button, and a yellow button. She smiled again, she was sure that her minions were now about...causing destruction...and stopping her would-be captor.

After recieveing the signal from the red button on Gretchen's cane, a droideka roared to life. The assain droid rolled into a ball and headed toward's Hate's quarters...

With the press of the green button, Gretchen's quarters not only came back on power, but a security device was actived. If, for any reason, the section was once again shut down...an alarm would go off, thus leading to the imminant arrival of Kaminoan guards.

The yellow button would have to wait a bit longer before it would have an affect...

With the power now on, the door to Gretchen's quarters opened..and with it, a Droideka entered into the room. The deadly droid unraveled itself and readied its weapons...at Steele!

Unfortuneately for Agent Dracolus, the yellow button locked the door to Gretchen Hate's chambers...no one was going in, or out.

((Steele, I know this is A LOT...and if I were in a normal, everyday fight, I would have not done a tenth of this...but remember, I am testing your abilities. Do not take offence to my overwhelming post...the reason why I am tuffer on you is because I KNOW YOU HAVE A LOT OF POTENTIAL!...Don't get angry about my responce, take it as a compliment ))

"I knew the was entirely to easy. This is going to cost the Black Sun." he thought to himself. "Damn you Kamino!" he continued on.

*Knowing enough about these driods to stay alive he dared not reach for his blasters, he wouldnt live long enough to get them off his belt, nor was he fast enough to deflect them with his vibrosword. He slowly lifted his hand gently brushing his hand across his commlink opening a direct channel to R2-77 back aboard "The Ghost Rider".

In a near whisper so as not to alert the droid... "R2 i have a problem, scan the room, tell me how many droids are inside the room with me and any means of escape. She turned them on via remote control, find the frequency to turn it off or lower it sheilds. One more thing, (steele's teeth grinding in anger) move like you have a purpose!"

*The datapad began to scroll information , Steele could barley make out the text as it scrolled. <1 droid... Activation/Deactivation Frequency: Unknown. Time to isolate :1 hour 23 min 42 seconds> Steele sighed a short lived pause of relief. His only escape route. He looked around the room for the fastest route to the vent. He could only see the bed in far side of the room oppiste the vent he could only guess at its location from where he was standing. He again called to his droid..*

"Im guessing we can't shut this area down so lets overload it, route all possible power to the circuits inside the room and on my call backfeed it through the main systems, that should distract the droid enough for me to make the vent. Stand by......" he said quietly.

*Steele took one more look around the room he could hear the droid's servos and circuits humm and the sheilds vibrate in the air inside the room. he breathed deeply and focused himself.*

"Now!" he said to R2

*The viewscreen and minor circuity in the room began to fizzle and spark, a small electrical dischage from just behind the droid inside the climate control panel made the driod just turn enough to provide the bounty hunter with a split second to react. He dove for the sleeping area and then saw the vent, slighty higher then his head. The driod reaquired it target and began to fire. A laser bolt grazed his leg as he leaped for the shaft barley making it with his skin , somewhat in tact. The bolt haddn't cut deeply and coterized the wound so no blood trail would be left. Steele could hear the driod processing data for his pursuit, he had to move fast. The maze of shafts was endless. He had to find his way out of the ventilation system. He crawled as quickly as he could until he saw a grate over what looked to be a corridor to the laning platforms. He drew his blaster and shot the grate free. Dropping down into a thankfully empty hallway he began the make way to the landing platforms.

"I knew this wasn't going to be easy! he again said to himself

OOC: I love a good fight! No offense taken Gretchen what so ever!

Darla awoke in a cell. The walls sterile and white, a small bad a toliet and nothing else. For several hours she was alone. She insipected every inch of the the room looking for anything that might aid in her escape. But there was nothing. After that she paced back and forth muttering to herself. Eventually she began to bang her fists against the door.

She banged and screamed until her fists bleed and her throat was sore. In the end she collapsed in the floor in a heap and began to cry at the futility of her situation. As she lay there feeling sorry for herself a Kaminoan guard arrived at the door.

"Get Up!" He ordered, she obeyed as there was little else she could do in this room. "Follow me." He instructed.

Darla stood up, still a little shakey on her feet. There were several small cut on her face where she had landed and the glass in the cloning chamber. The blood on her knucled has begunj to dry but they still looked red and painful.

The first blood of my new life.Darla thought to herslef as she walked down the hall in front of the guard who held a balster to her back.

She was dressed in a simple white hospital outfit. It felt so strange as she walked through the unfamiliar corridors of the strange medical complex. She wanted to rench the blaster from the the guards hand and smash the heavy end of it across his head but for some reason something was stopping her from feeling the force. Without the force she dared not try, her new body was fragile, weak and still flet alien to her.

The reached a room and the guard motiuoned for her to go inside just before she did he grabbed ahold of her arm.

"Dont try anything funny in there. Ill be right out here I have no problems with ending this new life of yours." He let go of the startled Darla and let her go into the room.

Rannrsig.jpg

After a relaxing bath Rann got out and took a look in the mirror. He hardly recognised the mans that he saw staring back at him. His hair had grown way too long and he couldnt hardly see his face through the beard that had grown.It didnt take long for him to find some shaving implaments. After about 20 minutes of careful work he could see his face again.

It looked strange, he aged terribly over the past year. Creases lined his mouth and eyes. He studied his shaven image, at only 21 he looked tired and old.

Not good...

There were no scissors that would be strong enough to cut his hair so instead Rann went for his sword. It had been givne to him long ago by Mess Tisserand so he could defend himself against the Hutt forces that were attacking Dagobah. he wondered where Mess was now.

Rann clenched his long hair in one hand one with the other sliced in one swift, clean movement. His hair cut easily and he stood there in front of the mirror hold a large chunk of his hair in his hand. He put the hair into one of the suites disposal units and returned to the mirror.

Noe the hard bit was out of the way he could cut the rest with the scissors. After half and hour he deciede he was finished and once agina inspected his work in the mirror. He looked something of his old self again.With his hair cut short it seemed that he had regained a fraction of his youthful self.

I will n ot be an old man at 21! Rann thought looking into the mirror.

Satisfied with his handy work Rann retired to his bed deciding that sleep was definately on the agenda.

Rannrsig.jpg