Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

On 6/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, Nikolai Kolchak said:

Within, the Vice Admiral read the display log before stepping into the fit out room where a woman was being outfitted with a mechanized exosuit. “Knight Edelmor, zis iz Templar One. Some of greatest combatant to zee combat for ze Alliance and Empire against pirate and Ziith.”

”Commando Andromina, Zis is von ov ze Empress’ Knights. I am Imperial Naval Intelligence Officer Nikolai Kolchak. Vould you consider accompanying us to ze undervorld to root out smuggler compound vulln ov explosive contraband?”

The mustachioed gentleman bowed at the waist, deep enough to indicate his respect. "It is an honor lieutenant. While I have not met you before, your reputation assuredly precedes you. The Order of Valour is a rare recommendation. I also believe a holo of one of your dogfights is still being played at the War College as instructional material." He smiled, a bit of the formal tone dropping from his voice. "I sneak in sometimes when I'm there. Advanced Fightercraft Tactics always has the best holovids."

The smile fell away as he set his jaw, serious. "I'm sure you can imagine the danger a cargo of explosives in the hands of criminals could pose in a damaged city like this. I hope you will consider assisting us."

The foundations of the city rumbled and groaned. Pebbled debris on the street vibrated and shook for a moment before settling to stillness again. Lightly hung pictures clattered to the floor. The deeper one was in the city the more intense the vibrations were. Up and down the city, engineers and residents looked up in surprise, mumbling concerns as they returned to their work. Imperial engineers redoubled their efforts beneath the surface of the sea trying to patch the ever-growing cracks in the exterior foundations of the city. Water continued to surge where massive patches had not been placed and seeped about the edges of patches where the cracks grew with the shaking. Still the massive coral reef that supported the city stood strong even as signs of distress appeared in it’s vibrant sea life, strands of death whitening the myriad of color and putrid sulfuric expulsions began to drive away fish and other creatures that could flee.

An icy wind blew through the city, whispering thoughts of destruction and sowing seeds of doubt. The dark side gnawed on the edges of the stiff breeze, growing and waning on the rise and fall of the wind as it swept in from the open sea; it’s lonely howl whipping between buildings and through open windows and doors plucking the returning warmth in a storm-heralding chill.

“Uşaqlarımın yanıma gəlin

Oni stood at the forefront, a calm demeanor stretching across his face behind the Masque of Vothe he adorn as he watched his opponent's reaction with curiosity. She hid her feelings for this face so well. He grimaced as the group retreated, the Sith Master sheathing his blades to his hip. It was commonplace for the weaker to keep their distance, but distance would not protect them today. It was time to pour all his energy into this fight and he would no longer hold back.

With eyes glazed over in the blackest of black, his sight of the world around him dimmed save for the spark of life, especially the one who had felt the touch of his Fulgurmancy. She was alit like that of a starmap, easily read and manipulated. He grinned, her movements and actions a forewarning of what was about to transpire, not that the retreat spoke any less. Mandalorians didn't know the meaning of failing unless death spoke it so vividly. Their attacks would come.

And come they did, three bursts of a concussion rifle in unison with a fragmentation grenade, his grasp upon another nearby crate quickly finding hold as he launched it forward toward the group. As the ringing pierced his ears and blood dribbled down his face, Oni was met with the unexpected rounds of Mandalor' slug rifle that tore through the explosion that lit the room and revealed his true form in disgust. Lifting his arms up in defense, and using the Force in an attempt to deflected the rounds, Oni found the slugs buried in his arm to the bone. Saliva and spit drooled from his mouth behind the Masque in their defiance as he turned his attention and mind in full grievance toward the party.

"You wish to face the Master of Death?" He gutterally growled as he pointed toward Terra. "Then meet him, you shall!

The Force that had been swirling around Oni in a vortex and being consumed by the former Alcazarin suddenly unleashed its self upon them in full force as the Sith Master loosed his wrath. They would see their deaths and the consequences, know the truth of their doom in all it's glory, something only they believed Kad Ha'ragnir could prove them first. And they would know the false promises provided. Bolts of Electricity began culminating from the walls within the Vault, the power of the owner's own reliance upon technology empowering Oni to his fullest. And as the Basilisk beast reared his ugly head, Oni lunged the remnants of power he had collected at Terra.

((3))

Actions: Used Terra's connection with Pivoting Strike in conjunction with knowledge of NFU actions to amplify Perceive the Flow of the Cosmos and Know the Enemy in his initial defence with Force Deflection hindering the Slugs in his latter defence. Attacks were Death Touch on the group and Spear of Khlorithian attached to Terra.

Edited by Sith X
Actions

Three Curich-class shuttles blasted out of hyperspace above the planet and a direct path towards Coral City. Beck paced the deck of the cockpit of his own shuttle, Heaven's Taint as he watched the entry into the system. "Open comms to command. Let them know we've arrived and are preparing to get refugees off the planet." The Admiral stopped and took in a breath for a moment. He wasn't fully sure that there would be a massive amounts of refugees to collect, as from the early reports of collateral damage were focused more on the surface levels. He took a moment to look out to his right of the viewport only to see the heavily dismantled shipyards. What a shame. Those used to bring forth decently strong ships into the galaxy's warfare. The thought was something that had him wondering again what the formerly Imperial Empress had in mind for the deep core. 

emperorpilon.png

Beth almost grimaced at the thought of her starfighter combat being played at the royal academy, there were plenty of other aces in the Old remnant or even the new Rebel Alliance to draw from, but she was flattered none the less. Even if she hated the feeling of pride and shame bubbling up at the same time. It made her feel awkward, especially with the bulky exo armour covering much of her lithe frame. 

“Thank you sir, and as always I am ready and willing to serve. Lead the way.” 

She was ready after all, and it felt good to stretch her legs after a dozen hours in the cockpit. 

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

The Sith had failed to die, again. Terra hissed between her darkmetal teeth, a small crimson trickle dribbling down her chin. Perhaps the hiss was more from pain than from frustration, but the adrenaline of battle made it hard to tell. Along the Mandalorian line, a small female voice with a Rylothian accent chirped up.

“Kriffing what is this place, Crates-R-Us?”

Ander’s steely voice cut in over the commlink, silencing the nervous laughter with his no-nonsense Serrocoan accent.

“Stow it Sheol. Focus fire on the bastard. Bugger’ll run out of crates eventually.”

Terra couldn’t hear her men, cut off as she was from the squad communication. She was focused now on the body of the Sith, probing it with her crimson eyes. Searching for weakspots. There was an electric glow to the vault, and it was growing.

…Siths and their force storms. This one loves his electricity...

The Mandalorian palmed a grooved grenade from her belt, twisting the firing timer to count for the distance. The Sith spoke then of being a master of death, she had heard it before, from most every Sith she had slain, even in the days of her youth. The hair on the back of her neck stood at end.

Azure fire came again, and the Mandalorian leapt to the side, or at least attempted to, but the fiery pain in her side caused her to stumble again, turning her leap into a clumsy roll. The electricity hit her with spasmatic power, channeling through her armor’s electric systems, shorting them all out. Her body was initially spared due to the insulating underarmor she wore, but the current arced and ripped into the flesh of her face. Her jaw clenched shut as the electricity ripped along her skin, arcing into patterns of lighting in burns across her cheeks and jawline. Her roar of pain was inaudible, because she couldn’t open her mouth enough to get it out.

Those of Clan Blackmore, the hardy men and women of the honor guard, steadied their aim as a firing line, and that was when the Sith’s magic hit them. It was not a subtle thing, visions of death and failure filling their minds. They were not as mentally strong as their Mand’alor, but all were Mando’a, resolute in the face of death. They had faced dishonor and failure before. Death was the reality of the honor-guard of a Mand’alor, but not all stood firm. Behind them, Hades stood strong, raking his beskar claws into the stone, watching his Master fight, the independent combat AI judging her moves and aptitude. He had not yet decided to fully intervene. 

To those who had lovers, or children, the Sith’s magic was cruelly effective, with Hans and Sheol dropping to the ground immediately in terror, nerves already frayed by unblockable strikes from hidden demons. To the others, their concentration was shaken, but they maintained their positions. As the electric attack came against their Mand’alor, a withering fire began.

Scattered crimson light from Chyphosis’ T-21 LRR reached out to embrace the Sith, followed by the glowing rounds from Anders’s LJ-50. As for Shasa’far, she switched from her HH-15 to her RSKF-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol, due to the danger to Mand’alor posed by an erratic shot from a mini-concussion missile, firing rapidly at her former Prelest. The shots were more scattered and hastily aimed, but it would be an effective enfilade of the Sith Master before them.

Terra rolled to her knees, huddled in pain as electricity sparked along her darkmetal jaw. The crimson trickle began to flow faster, tinged with black from burned blood. She looked at the Sith and forced a twitching smile, her fingers twitching and sending burst after burst of her slugthrower at the Sith, emptying the rest of her magazine at him.

With her other hand she tossed the grenade underhand at the man. It was an EMP grenade, made to short out droids and electronics, but here it would serve a different purpose, to create an overwhelming positive electric charge at the feet of the Sith. She hoped it would be the same as the stormcatchers she had seen on Ord Mantell, creating an electric disbalance to cause static discharge from the clouds before they could strike and here she hoped it would pull the Sith’s own lightning to destroy him.

((3))

Defensive: Lost the rest of suit electronics and took facial burns from lightning. Squad loses a few members to mental attack, rest lose some concentration and accuracy. Offensive: Slugthrower rifle, and used an EMP Grenade as an attempt to backfire the electric storm, squad rifle and pistol attacks

Been a pleasure to duel. Thank you

• Like 1

Terra

To the Death...

Vice Admiral Kolchak nodded curtly to the Starfighter Ace, “Very good Lieutenant. Gather ze fellow comrades and meet uz near industrial lift tube vith veapons and gear. Air an light iz not guarantee.” He then turned to Edelmor, “I am sure you are very capable Knight, but vhere ve go, your magic may be of use. If other Knight are available, perhaps they come as vell. I must a gather detachment of stormtrooper. Ve vill meet at industrial lift, descend unto the depth and root out ze criminal element.” 

Kolchak departed, confident that his comrades would meet him as soon as they were able. From there, they would descend into the bowels of the city and below to locate and put a stop to the smuggling operation that was bringing explosives into the city. The rebellious forces that had wanted them were not pro-Alliance and had been dissipated amongst the world during liberation leaving their cache of death in the hands of unscrupulous malcontents with an unpaid debt and a grudge on their hands.

Thankfully where enemies of galactic order were, so too was Imperial Intelligence.

kol2.png.1d12933059e161bb1d4824942dd151d8.png

I will be honest with you here, while I am glad you both had fun, tossing out three or four heavy force powers every single turn which require a large amount of background research to understand is a bit tiring. This ruling will be a bit critical, but this does need to be said so that everyone can improve. I know that the intent was not to be abusive but it does affect the ruling so I will lay it out. 

Oni, I know that this is a redesigned character with eyes on the upcoming rule changes so I understand some disconnect between what the character is and what powers he can use. But I will point them out here: 

Renunciation of Mortality: Which allows your character to not feel pain and also not be distracted by it, it also has the trade off in the guide of your character not really caring for defensive moves. This directly contradicts your use of Force Deflect and multiple crates in the posts.

Death Masque of Vothe: The power requires knowledge that your character does not have. How does your character know that Terra was at one point in love with him? Then how does he know that he is dead (Which is required by the power) (Voythe may have died in the distant past of the RP, but it is not a current or new thing, and not something that Terra knows about) 

Spear of Khlorithian: “A channeling spell that can only be used during a storm or or near a large power source.” There is no large power source defined in this duel. You are near a vault, but vaults require little power to maintain (not to mention it was mostly blown up by Manda) 

Force Deflect: Is a lightside power as it is a purely defensive power. This cannot be used by the Sith or Darksiders. 

It should also be noted that in your last post Oni you 

Used force deflect

Used Telekinesis 

Used Perceive the Flow and Know Thy Enemy

Used Death Touch on all NPCs

Used Spear of Khlorithian

This is far too much in one post. Each of these powers in itself requires immense concentration. Your character is a master so he is very powerful, but he is not powerful enough to use 6 force powers (Two of which are massive draws in the force and one of which your character cannot access due to his alignment) In the span of a dozen seconds. Even Palpatine would be envious of such a power. 

As for Terra: 

You played the foil to his power, instead of scaling up to massive attacks, you played the ground game, focusing on battle line tactics and simple yet effective attacks. Perhaps in the future I would like to see more use of the jetpacks your squad is likely equipped with to make your actions less linear. 

As such the ruling goes to Terra

She has the next post. 

I look forward to an eventual matchup.

• Like 2

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

Edelmor nodded to the pair of imperial officers.

"I shall endeavor to be quick then. My commlink is on, so don't hesitate to call if I'm late." He nodded once more. "Nikolai...Lieutenant..."

He spun on his heel and strode back into the city.

Finding another Knight did not prove difficult. Given the sheer magnitude of corruption and suffering the city had suffered due to the magicks of the Sith, it was hardly surprising that more than one Knight had been sent. The proper calls to the correct officers overseeing the restoration, along with the ever effective phrase, "It's Knight business," and Edelmor had a location.

Edelmor came upon the Onderonian knight taking a break near a flooded aqueduct. The blonde man looked capable, competent, and composed. Edelmor wondered briefly if he'd seen him before... Perhaps, but he couldn't remember personally speaking with the man. No time like the present of course.

"Brother Knight, I hope you are well," he said in greeting as he approached. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you before. I am Sir Edelmor Tarko, and I was hoping to recruit you for a particular mission. It seems some criminals have gotten their hands on some seismic charges, and are lurking in the city's tunnels. I imagine you can guess the damage those could cause to the city as it stands now." Edelmor's pleasant tone turned serious. "With all the tainted power that has stained this city, I imagine more than a few things may have fled into the shadows when the Sith fell. These soldiers may need our help."

• Like 1

Laying back with the sun shining upon his form, his eyes closed as he embraced the warmth after so many hours of Mon Cal's deep cold, Lok felt the vigor and gusto of the workers return. He smiled, letting the Force and himself rest against the soft breeze that flowed across his damp form. Despite the lingering darkness, Lok focused on the peace of the moment, letting his mind and body become one with the moment. It was a moment that bared a resemblance to his time as a Jedi, long before the schism that tore the Order apart. Upon Haruun Kal if he remembered correctly.

As a shadow crept across his form, he smirked, feeling the dampness of his shirt grow colder in the shade and he lifted his arm from over his eyes to gaze upon the Knight standing before him. He was beginning to wonder what the others here were up to, but with the status of Coral City, he half expected to run into a single one of them. As the Elder began to speak in greeting, Lok rose to meet him.

"Lok... Lok Skyshatter." The Onderonian Knight spoke with a soft voice and a sincere smile as he offered out his hand. I've heard rumors amongst the workers about them, but no solid lead. I was beginning to think it was fabrication of fearful minds or petty thugs spreading false narratives to keep others away from potential salvages. But without proof.... Lok stood and stretched upward, interlocking his fingers and arching his back. "Well. It's a moot point now. It seems you've gathered better Intel and possibly a location."

When Lok first arrived, the rumor mill was abuzz with such tales, the workers fearful and distraught. His original mission was aid and relief, but given what had become of Mon Cal and the terror in the workers, he decided to investigate these claims in secret. But every lead had led to a dead ends, even the latest that led him down the aquaduct. He was beginning to relax, unable to find any truth to these fears until now. Wiping the sweat from his face with his hand, he kinda wished that it wasn't true.

"We can gather my gear from the tent over there and head out." Lok pointed to the tents set up over near the powerplant. "In truth, brother, I was beginning to hope these rumors were just that, rumors."

• Like 3

PSX_20230829_111157.png.74440e64f474dbff9619943d627e8ede.png

“Only me today sir.” Beth said with a cocky smile. “I’m the only one in my squad afforded a cloning chit. Sponsored by a Moff, so I am a bit more disposable than say my copilots.” She laughed and then followed the men into the lower levels. She hated water, but life was full of things she hated doing. So she followed them into the depths of the sunken city. 

Andromina

"Unfortunately not it would seem, though I can't take credit for the intel. Imperial Intelligence uncovered it, and passed it along as a request. I suppose everyone has their hands full trying to right this ship." Edelmor paused as the lingering, unnatural chill of the place sent a shiver through him. "But in any case, two Imperial Knights and an Imperial elite or two should be more than sufficient to handle some smugglers. I doubt they want to blow up any more than we do." He chuckled. "I'll grab a rebreather while you grab your gear, and we can be on our way."

The pair of knights approached as they caught up with the group.

"Brother Lok, this is Vice-Admiral Nikolai Kolchak, the man who organized this little expedition. And this is Commander Andromina, Imperial ace. Vice-Admiral, Commander, may I present Sir Lok Skyshatter, of her majesty's Imperial Knights."

Terra watched the being fall, collapsing into the remnants of her former Prelast. Adrenaline pumped in her ears, ripping in pounding drumbeats against the now-quiet vault. The only sound that remained was the churning of metallic plating and mumbling soldiers. Mand’alor ground her darkmetal teeth, turning away from the fallen Sith creation in disgust.

Another Alcazerin had fallen to her weapons.

The Mandalorian’s stomach began to sour, the pain rippling through her like the waves of an ocean, whipped by a storm. She ought to have felt elated, but the reality of it all began to settle upon her. She had lost a good man, and all of her squad was now wounded in some regard. The illness began to crystalize a thought into her mind

Mand’alor the Bloody would no longer lead men into battle, the weight of their souls, and the lives of those she loved were far too heavy a burden. She would return to being an assassin, a Mandalorian who represented her people, but did not waste their lives.

As one, the Mandalorians departed Mon Cal, collecting their wounded, and leaving their dead, stripped of their armor.

Terra

To the Death...

The affects of the refresher felt good against his sunburnt skin as it washed over his nude form inside the tent. He could hear Sir Tarko outside as he rummaged through the crates before falling silent. Part of Lok wanted to stay and aid in the relief, more so to keep the spirits of the people up than that of the actual labor. But he was duty bound as an Imperial Knight and the Oath he once took beside Kyrie when they left the Jedi Order behind. And for Lok, his word was worth more than his life. Nothing meant more.

When he exited the tent, his crimson armor was pristine, glimmering against the sunshine of Mon Cal as his modified Lightsaber hung at his hip, shined and impeccably polished. Though the lightsaber was the one he built as a Padawan, in it's center sat the silver blade of the Imperial Knight he had become and why his armor looked almost new, a testament to his commitment to the Empress and her Empire. Both only adorned him when duty called, and only his blade found activation when he chose to kill. They were not tools. They were his way of life.

With a nod of the head, he followed Sir Tarko onward, a brief smile and wave to the men he had spent the last few days working with as they departed. Gazing about as they traversed the war torn capital city of Mon Cal, Coral City, asilent sadness engulfed his presence in the Force, bodies and rubble still littering the streets like trash. Rebel soldiers, Mon Calamari, and Quarren alike, all lifeless and empty eyed as they stared in horror of their last breaths. It alone was enough to somber a presence, let alone the lingering darkness that weighed heavily over it's destruction. It reminded him of why he left the Jedi Order in the first place.

When they caught up with the Vice Admiral and Commander, Lok pushed aside the sadness in his heart and proudly snapped to attention, his fist across his heart. "Vice Admiral.... Commander.

Finding his way to the meeting point outside the industrial lifts that were responsible for the hauling of ore upwards and equipment downwards, Nikolai Kolchak arrived with a small detachment of men. A dozen storm troopers regaled in pure white Imperial splendor and armed to the teeth, they looked the part of the storybook bad guys told of in hushed whispers along the outer rim when speaking of days gone by. These; however, were men set about doing their duty. Good men fighting not just for a noble ideal or cause, but for their families, peoples, and survival. The fact that they were all humanoid males in form was a tick attributed to Kolchak’s days as part of the old guard Imperial Remnant.

The Vice Admiral frowned slightly as his cybernetic eye whirred and danced with his remaining biological one. Surveying the group before him, he nodded a greeting. He had expected more. Thankfully he had had the wherewithal to bring along mooks, err, strong and loyal men to supplement the myriad of legendary skills that each Imperial brought along.

Directly behind them the lift rattled and clanged to the surface. “Right on time.” he noted turning to the others.

“Knights, soldiers, this world was polluted by Sith. Darkness permeate into every crack. In coral mines beneath zis very city evil lurks. It is evil zar would destroy city if not contained. I vill not be joining you. Other pressing matter requires attention. Zese,” he gestured to the white clad troopers, “vil act in my place. To assist you as you find need. Root out ze evil. Bring criminals for prozecution. Kill as last resort, but do not allow city to fail. Purge any darkness you find. The might of ze Empire iz yours to bear. Good luck.”

Kolchak took a datapad and handed it to  Beth. “Zis iz ze information on ze criminal enterprise below. Ze mines are very treacherous. Stick to path otherwise you may get lost in uncharted shafts.”

The Imperial offered a sharp salute to the Knights and Lieutenant, before turning and offering the same to the troopers. He turned and made his way back the way he came, his own small escort of troopers falling in behind him, leaving the dozen others to cram themselves into the lift along with the others.

kol2.png.1d12933059e161bb1d4824942dd151d8.png

The industrial lift rattled and shook a sit descended into the depths. It took multiple trips to transport the stormtroopers, Knights, and Lieutenant down to the loading zone beneath the city. The grating of ancient gears told of their coming well before the gate creaked open to reveal a dimly lit pinkish coral cavern carved into the heart of the city’s base. Water dripped in the unseen darkness beyond. Lights faintly illuminated the cavern lined with pallets of supplies, most of which appeared to have been broken open and gone through.

Three maws stretched out into the blackness. The one to to left was smaller than the others and unlit. As the group got set up to begin their quest, a clattering  of rocks falling in the unseen beyond echoed from the shaft as it stretched down into the depths. To the right, the sounds of rushing water cascaded from the inky dark. The central main shaft was dingy but illuminated by glowrods. Those that had not fizzled out, illuminated a set of rails that glistened under the humid heavy air.

Here in the deep beneath the unseen seas that pressed in outside, the darkness was almost palpable. Beyond the pitch black that consumed even the feelings of light, a malignant aura pressed in, hungering as the new arrival’s piqued it’s attention. “uşaqlarımı salamlayıram. mənə gəl.” it called out low on the waves of the darkness that was the force pressing in.

“What is that?” one of the trooper’s asked aloud. 

“It feels like there is something or someone here. I thought we were hunting smugglers? L T what are we supposed to do?”

“We can divide up, four each to to LT and each Knight.”

Edelmor's moustache quivered as he took his first breath. Needless to say, he'd be put off eating fish for a while. He'd chosen to forgo his armor, as heavy durasteel plate in a tunnel system that was in danger of flooding seemed like a poor choice on his part.

18 hours ago, Storybot said:

“uşaqlarımı salamlayıram. mənə gəl.”

His eyes narrowed, and his hand instinctively dropped to his lightsaber hilt as the cloying, cold aura passed over him. It was a sensation he had rarely felt, but he knew immediately what it was.

The Dark Side.

Something or someone was down here with them. Corrupt and twisted, it echoed through the Force. He could not pinpoint it, but his skin crawled as if someone unseen was standing at his shoulder, watching him.

He took another deep breath, ignoring the stench, and centered himself. His emotions would not serve him here. His mind would. Clinically, quietly, he examined the situation.

Their target had not changed, at least for now. The explosives still presented a major threat to the city, while this Dark Side...thing or things were unknown quantities with unknown goals and no clear location. 

Examining each of the paths, he considered their targets, a group of smugglers. The smaller, dark path on the left seemed unlikely. If these smugglers were moving containers of explosives, they'd want/need room to move them. The sounds of rushing water on the right hinted at the passage being flooded. Even if it was shallow enough to wade through, it still would make for a treacherous path. The center path was the most obvious and the clear preference for smugglers if they wanted to move heavy supplies underneath the city quickly. Then again, that might be too obvious.

They needed to recon, find traces of the smuggler's presence, and track them back to their lair. Barring that, it would take a much larger force to sweep these tunnels, which would give away their element of surprise and potentially trigger a disaster. But first to apprise the troopers.

"Perhaps some leftover sorcery of the Krath," he said in response to the troopers' questions. "It doesn't appear to be threatening us now. However, we should act under the assumption that there may be additional hostile forces present in these tunnels. I suggest we stay together, as Sir Skyshatter and myself can provide warning should whatever made that sound decide to find us."

He pointed straight ahead. "The central tunnel is the obvious choice if our targets wanted easy passage. Commander, Brother Skyshatter?"

• Like 1

Lok went down with the first detachment of Stormtroopers, his gaze shifting about the steel carriage during the descent and a few words of small talk uttering out his mouth about the length of time and wonderment of how far down it went and what it likely led to, his intent to ease the tension that lingered from their mounting the lift. Lok had very few interactions with the rank and file of the Imperial Remnant, and given the history that he endured before leaving the Jedi Order by Imperial Soldiers, it wasn't much of a surprise. But it had been years, and grudges weren't his fortitude. Now days, he treated such strangers with awkward shyness and overtly blabbering. Still, it always managed to somehow work in his favor with a few words returned. 

When they departed the lift and stood upon the precipice of the cavern, Lok stepped to it's center as the Troopers fanned out, the Imperial Knight observing the area both with his sight and within the Force. A semblance of the Darkside presided down here in much more concentrated form, but he still relinquished the lift for the others to arrive behind them as his awareness amplified. The smell of death and decay down here barely phased Lok, his top atop having adjusted his senses to it, but either way, given what happened here at Mon Cal, he was on alert. Perverse traps laid by the Sith could lurk around every corner, and before he made an attempt to investigate outside the immediate perimeter, he would await for the others to arrive.

And wait, he did. Grabbing a glowrod from his pouch, he activated it, worrisome about the potential for explosion if he used his Lightsaber as he searched the dusty ground for tracks and search the laid about containers for hints of what laid within. Most of it was mining equipment, some held medical kits, but none offered any guidance of the thieves they were after. As the others disembarked, he would meet them with a notice and a wave as he searched, the distant trickling of water and sounds of falling rocks playing in the foreground. That was, until the unleased feeling of doom washed over them and the ghostly voice echoed throughout the chamber.

Shifting his gaze toward it's directional output, Lok attempted to arrive at his location through his natural senses, but he couldn't tell if it had come from one or the other tunnels. And even the Force found its self blind to any direction it could be located by. Lok's brow furrowed at the notion, and it left him uneased. But there wasn't much he could do and he didn't want to lead the group blindly.

"I wouldn't advise splitting up at the moment as Sir Tarko advised." Lok spoke after Sir Tarko addressed the group. "Whether it's remnants of the Sith's sorcery or not, we'll stand a better chance as one unit, at least until we figure out what it is.

Standing up and dusting the dirt from his hands, his gaze shifted back to Sir Tarko in answering his question after having time to come to a similar conclusion. " I concur. Given the sounds of rushing water, I highly doubt the Smugglers would have went down the right tunnel. Time consuming and takes too many chances of damaging the goods. And the left tunnel is too narrow." His gaze shifted to the left tunnel. There was something off in his mind about it. It was almost animalistic in creation. Shifting his gaze back to Sir Tarko and Lady Andromina, he finished. "The only logical path is the Center. It offers a means of transportation, a clear path provided by the Miners, and has been used recently. Commander?" 

• Like 1

Beck departed his shuttle with a quick inhale of the saltwater hitting his nostrils filling them up with a surprising smell and face he wasn't prepared to make. The temperature had returned to somewhat normal by this point. As he and two stormtroopers walked down the ramp, along with the same setup from the other two shuttles, they were greeted by two Quarren and a Mon Calamari. They were bringing with them three large portable machines and stopped before the Admiral. "Greetings and welcome to Dac. I assume none of your transports have been prepared for the refugees yet, unless I'm mistaken as to your purpose..." Beck eyed the Quarren who addressed him. He was dressed as a dock worker and didn't show any form of how to greet someone from the Imperial Navy. Letting out a sigh, he looked down and then back at his ship, and then back at the company before him. 

"No, you are correct. We are here to help take some refugees off planet. And no, our ships have not been formatted to handle your species. Are three air suppliers going to be enough?" The Quarren startled for a moment, looking slightly confused when the Mon Calamari with them stepped forward. "No sir. But we don't have any others. So long as we aren't in those shuttles for more then two days, we should be fine." Beck looked back at his own shuttle for a moment and pondered upon what to do. He glanced over at Major Hunerkel and General Fostha approaching and then back at the dock workers. "Prepare all three ships to outfit as many as you can. I'm going to assume we should also consider food processors as well. We'll transport you guys back to Nar Shaddaa until otherwise stated. It should be a short time before Dac is considered safe again. Some of you may wish to stay local, to which I will say find refuge on one of cruisers in space."

Beck glanced behind them at the docks and saw a few parts that belonged to bigger ships. Clearly at one point some items were designated to be transported to the shipyard. "If you don't mind me asking... Why isn't the shipyard operating?" Both Quarren ignored him and went to work on outfitting the ships and getting other dock crew to help get the shuttles ready for transporting refugees. The Mon Calamari looked at the dock where the equipment was and then up towards space. "No clue. I can have Dekno Ticheebra connect with you." Beck simply nodded his head as the Mon Calamari moved back towards the main dock. By now, both the other officers arrived, and General Fostha wasted no time in making remarks. "This place smells horrendous. Maybe we should reconsider aiding them." "Clam it Fostha. Command has made it clear this is priority. If you'd rather not fulfill your duty, I'd be happy to report you. Clean up your act and represent the uniform you wear proudly. You can start by assisting our Quarren friends in refitting our shuttles to hold them for a while."

Beck then turned and walked away from him and towards the dock, letting it be well known that his order was final. Major Hunerkel quickly picked up his steps and followed the Admiral. "So sir, what is our overall game plan? This planet has seen better days and won't likely recover for a while." "They'll recover quicker if the shipyard is brought back to life. I think that we have the ability to make that happen for them." The Major looked around for a moment as the two walked towards the main dock office. "I get the feeling General Fostha isn't going to like extending his stay longer then he expects." Beck smiled as he chuckled to himself slightly. "The General like most are still struggling to adapt to this new way of life. Helping here will do him some good. It might also make him a better leader as well. In the meantime, let's see if this goal is even possible." The two made their way into the main dock office and sat down waiting to be seen by this Dekno Ticheebra person...

emperorpilon.png

Beth followed Knight Skyshatter as they descended, her four troopers fanning out behind her. Their mood was a good key as to their feelings on the mission and they seemed to be using their squad helmet comms to make commentary and jokes as they walked. Which kept Beth’s hopes up as to their destination. 

She pushed to the head and led the way down the central passage as Knight Tarko had desired. Her helmet searching for thermal signatures.

• Like 1

Andromina

The tracks stretched off into the shadows ahead. Even the haphazardly still functioning glow mounts were infrequent as the group pressed downward along the decline. It was just enough to make walking uncomfortable on the damp ground, hard packed or smooth worn as it was. The tracks were barren, but glistened where they had recently been worn by the passing of wheeled carts.

Nothing moved. In the distance, faint dripping could be heard; but aside from that and the crunch of the party’s feet against the ground, it was quiet. Too quiet.

Nothing showed up on thermal scans. The entire area was chilled by the unseen press of the sea outside. Everything was still, even the air, damp and stale as jt was. And yet, one could not help but feel like they were being watched, that their movements were preordained against the landscape of the cosmos. The deeper they went, the more tangible the darkness became. One could almost taste it, feel it crawl across their skin leaving a trail of gooseflesh in it’s wake. Yet nothing moved.

Every 100 or so meters, a wider area had been carved from the coral caverns allowing for storage of rails, gear, and ore. Most of it lat untouched; save for piles of recently replaced rail. It had been used to bring the defunct mines back to work, but for what? Aside from bits of ore forgotten in the corners that looked like they had sat for a long time, there was nothing. 

The group could pause but there was little to be done in the open shaft. To press on, the silence would finally be broken by a skittering clatter and the crushing crash of a crate of being smashed against the wall.

Bathed in the darkness, a terrific beast shambled about what could only be a way camp of sorts. It was a large rough chitinous plate covered crustacean. It looked similar to a lobster, but it was at least 8 feet long and 3 1/2 feet tall. It’s claws were serrated and monstrous. The beast swung about at the scent of the arrivals, a gurgling cry of anger escaping it’s toothy grasping maw. It’s tail raked against the wall sending up a stream of sparks behind it’s thick armored covering. It was probably thick enough to withstand conventional weaponry.

Across the floor, packages of unexploded ordinance were kicked about beneath the beast’s pointed limbs. And yet, this could not be all of it. Even if the crates that had yet to be broken open all contained the same, this was not enough. There had to be more. The tunnel went deeper. The sound of lapping water radiated up through the darkness. In it, a thick eyestalk watched.

And through it all, the darkness pressed, tasting for death, for sacrifice.

“Daha böyük tanrı üçün qurban!!”

Marvelous, Edelmor thought. He'd never been good with insects, even giant aquatic ones. Actually...maybe especially those.

No, it was just another enemy, another problem, despite how disturbing it was, how his eyes kept being drawn to the horrible, gnashing, grabbing mouth.

Sighing, he stepped forward.

"I shall serve not myself, only others," he muttered under his breath, the line of the oath centering him, settling his ruffled nerves. He remembered the feeling he'd experienced in the streets above, the peace of a people united, of a true Empire. He considered the chaos they were fighting to prevent.

The knight activated his lightsaber, then twirled it in smooth, humming arcs as he circled the angry crustacean.

"I'll distract it. I should be mobile enough, and I bet it likes bright lights like most bugs and fish. Once we collect those explosives so it doesn't accidentally set them off by stepping on one, we can be on our way. The sooner, the better."

The voice was getting to him, and he was sure he wasn't alone in that. This thing, whatever it was, seemed to almost be mocking them.

• Like 1

As Sir Tarko and Lady Andromina began their descent into the tunnel ahead, Lok quickly followed, glowrod in hand to illuminate their way. Although the entrance was well lit, Lok noticed areas of darkness beyond, and given the rapidly decline that came after their descent, it aided in the mush of clay and footing. Steps would need to taken with caution and firm placement, and the mind would need to be on active alert. It wouldn't bold well to blindly charge into the dark. Adjusting the glowrod in dependence on the level of lighting in the darkened intervals as they went, Lok followed behind Sir Tarko and Lady Andromina with cautious alert.

Occasionally, Lok would overtly trust his footing and feel it give way briefly, clay kicking up onto his armor and gloves as he retracted his footing and found a more firm setting, the use of his hands to keep his core balance. But for the most part, the descent was casual with the men behind them bringing up the rear. Gazing across the pathway, it looked rather traversed from his vantage point, and here and there, it seemed new rails had been recently replaced, giving Lok the feeling that they were on the right track. But Lok couldn't shake the feeling of being watched and spied upon in the shadows of the tunnel. Try as he might to disregard the goosebumps scattering across his skin and the manipulation of his mind as the cold damp air of the tunnel, he simply couldn't.

"Be mindful." Lok forwarned as they approached an opening in the tunnel, it's emptiness more than it should have been, with the rusted replaced rails strewn about. As the men fanned out once again, Lok brought the glowrod down and investigated the ground for tracks in the clay, but only found numerous jumbled together. "Could be a trap nearby..."

Just as he uttered the words, a loud bang erupted a bit past their location, causing weapons to be drawn and minds to go to full alert. Then came the Crustacean's gutteral roar as it came into view. Lok was surprised by it's size and quickly threw the glowrod to his side as he pulled forth his lightsaber with intent to activate. But the sight of explosives laying about quickly hindered his draw. Given the Crustacean's armored form, and the intensity of the Lightsaber's blade, it could easily cause a flash explosion should a single spark ignite the explosives, decayed or not.

"Still your weapons!" Lok yelled above the creature's roar as he reached into the Force, attempting to meld his mind with those around him in his overtly alertness to the potential of the weapons causing an explosion. "A single spark of either weapon upon the shell of the Crustacean could ignite us into the afterlife."

Ignoring the hauntingly darkened voice as much as he could, whether his own internal voice managed to cross the threshold of the others, Lok turned his attention in the Force to that of the beast. Hopefully Sir Tarko could understand his intent as he began to attempt to hide their presence from the beast in its own mind.

Edited by Skyshatter
  • Like 1

With a gurgling snarl the beast’s beady red eyes focused on the beam of green that illuminated the dim. In the cramped space it’s chitinous armored scales scraped and sparked as the beast surged forward on spindly spiked legs at a shockingly quick pace.

The beast ignored the others, clouded as they were by the shadow of the force. it’s serrated claws extended, snapping for the green blade and it’s wielder with a singular destructive focus. To be caught within was certain death-heralding wounding beneath the razored edged and stiff barnacled coating.

Nothing else mattered but to protect the nest from this sole trespasser.

“Onlari mene getirin”

Edelmor backed up, feet sliding in a practiced duelist stance even as his lightsaber twirled in a flagrant bit of nonsense any true swordsman would scoff at. But, Edelmor did not need this thing dead, just distracted. His breath came slow and steady, as if he was moving through his morning drills instead of facing down some man-killing crustacean. This was not a fight. Not yet. 

Snap!

Snap!

Snap!

Interspersed with the loud cracks of chitin striking chitin as the beast attempted to grasp Edelmor, its snarls, scrabbling, and scraping painted a picture clear as day of a monster out of the darkest depths of some mariners nightmare. The effect was not helped by the lightsaber's green glow throwing the creature into silhouette.

There...he thought. There's the rhythm.

His lightsaber leveled towards the beast, hilt nearly touching the knight's chest.

One strike, and he'd take off one of the creature's claws.

Crustaceans grew limbs back, right?

On 7/12/2021 at 9:41 PM, Skyshatter said:

"Still your weapons!" Lok yelled above the creature's roar as he reached into the Force, attempting to meld his mind with those around him in his overtly alertness to the potential of the weapons causing an explosion. "A single spark of either weapon upon the shell of the Crustacean could ignite us into the afterlife."

...Fair enough...he thought as he changed posture and barely avoided the strike that he'd baited the creature into making. Edelmor had assumed the explosives would be insulated against random sparks, but he immediately saw the issue with his presumption. These were not professional imperials. These were smugglers. Of course they'd fail to take basic safety into account. Unfortunately, that left Edelmor with little room to maneuver and no effective way to drive the creature back, as he remembered how the creature's very shell had thrown up sparks against the stone wall.

Peace...precision...focus...

Edelmor leapt, the Force lifting the older man off the ground and sending him spinning above the crustacean to land on the other side. As he did, he deactivated his lightsaber and moved to the far edge of the chamber. There he waited, eyes closed, focused, senses extended.

Would the creature lose him? He could feel the subtle touch of Lok's influence on the creature's mind...

Lok flexed within the Force, allowing it's currents to wrap around and within the beast's mind and vision as one mind strained against that of the other in an invisible war of will. His outstretched hand holding his unlit saber could feel the intertwined emotions of fear and anger within the Crustacean as it sought Sir Tarko, it's bloodlust fueled by the darkness that coveted their souls. And through the Crustacean, he could feel it's power, whatever the Darkness behind the Veil may have been, reeking of cold and bitter decay. Whatever Darkness laid ahead of them, for a brief moment, Lok felt it's spiritual presence within the Force, playfully drawing upon the strings of fate like a child with new toys.

And yet, as instantly as it appeared, it was gone coyfully. As if it had suppressed it's self or retreated once Lok learned of it's subtle but powerful presence. It briefly distracted Lok to the point of nearly losing his concentration upon the beast's mind before he had to outstretch both arms and reinforce himself. As sweat beaded down his brow, Lok attempted to delve deeper into the mind of the Crustacean, letting the serene and peaceful presence he held within the Force to flow into the creature in an attempt to calm it and restore it's balance in the natural flow, hindering them no more of a threat in its eyes. It was taking all of his concentration to attempt this feat, a technique he had saw as a child upon Dxun before his induction into the Jedi Order, but one he hoped would pay off.

"Lady Andromina, Sir Tarko..." Lok spoke barely over a whisper aloud, hoping it's soft tone would echo across the vastness without enraging the Crustacean or alerting it to their presence as he attempted to sway the creature. "Make a swift and silent exit if you can."

Having spoken that, Lok closed his eyes and poured his presence into his senses, attempting to meld his mind with the beast. Originally a member of Onderon's famed Beastriders, Lok had the bloodline capable of taming nearly any beast of non-sentience. But he only remembered very few moments of his time before the Jedi Order. So this moment was one of instinct and memories, letting the Force guide his hands and mind as he attempted such a feat. He knew that once he was able to mask their presence, he had taken the first step. But now called for the second step. To let his mind become one with the Crustacean, to meld into a intertwined consciousness of tranquility and serenity. To attempt it was dangerous, as it could easily alert the Crustacean and send it's mental defenses into action. But like treading on uneven ground, it had to be taken one step at a time.

Opening his own mind to the creature's, he let the emotions within him settle in attempt to settle the creature's own, to allow it the notion of safety and security so that it would sway away peacefully. He allowed the calmness of his soul and love within his heart to pour out in attempt to pacifiy it's bloodlust and fear. And as he focused deeper, he closed his eyes to allow the creature the ability to see through his own eyes and attempt to give it the knowledge of their intent, hopefully persuading that what it protected was in no way of being harmed.

The beast flung about, scraping against the passageway, lighting the darkness with a shower of sparks as it’s flat armored tail carved a groove in the coral stoney wall. It tried to follow Edelmor, but failed, it’s claws snapping in the darkness as it’s eyestalks darted about looking for it’s prey; much wilier than it had expected. Still it searched, even as a subtle presence began to play about it’s mind. 

To such a simple creature, emotions too were a simple thing. Hunger, safety, survival, propagation. Responses were gauged and guided by these simple things, and yet here, where it now felt threatened, a sense of serenity seemed to be falling over the beast. Perhaps, just perhaps, things were not that bad.

And then, by some incomprehensible force, the beast could see itself. Looking through the eyes of Lok was not something it understood or could comprehend; what it saw was reality, wether it was fact or fiction. At the same time, a pulse of dark side energy surged through the shaft, buffeting the mind of the beast any any not prepared to withstand it.

“yox. mənə sehrbazlar gətir. digərlərini öldürün.”

The creature whipped about, stoked back to a frenzy. It’s mind not it’s own, but it’s actions pure instinct. Claws, tail, and boney plates raked the walls. It’s speared legs pierced the boxes it stepped on, scattered detonators and devices amongst the explosive compound on the floors. Wet gutteral cries echoed from it’s maw and it’s claws snapped at whatever might fall prey to them. Through Skyshatter’s eyes, the beast felt threatened by what it could only see was the presence of another, and what more, other intruders as well.

In a fury the beast attacked, shambling about chaotically as it could not grasp that from where it saw and where it was were any different, slamming into walls and crushing whoever and whatever was in it’s path.

((NOT GONNA ACT THE TROOPERS PART. WILL ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT AS YOU SEE FIT))

• Like 1

Spread. Line. Stun. Fire.

The soldiers with Beth scattered to either side of her, their BlastTech rifles chattering away with blue ringlets of stun. Bether herself added to the mix with her E-22, aiming for the eye stalks, where the stun would earlier work its way through the thick outer shells. 

She hoped that the Knights would be able to assist in calming it as they stunned it in a relatively painless manner. But if that did not work, well they were in for a real fight.

Andromina

Enough of this.

The beast had delayed them long enough. It would not be calmed. It would not cease fighting. And they could not leave it here, thrashing amidst explosives.

Edelmor could not use his lightsaber, but that was not the only tool at his disposal.

As the troopers under Lieutenant Adromina's command let loose their stun blasts, Edelmor extended his hands, one palm up, one palm down. His mind sank into the Force. All was one. All was unified. The troopers. Brother Lok. The crustacean. Even the dark presence that permeated the air like a stench. All were aspects of a single entity that defied the base concepts of individuality, size, and scope. A single Force. How the Sith could see this entity and be left prideful confounded him.

It was a bit like a nation, in a way.

In a quick motion, he spun his hands 180 degrees around each other, the motion coupled with a tug on the great Force. It was not so much a command as a request, made by a servant left humbled by its presence.

The Force responded to his will, and a torqueing blast of Force power tried to flip the crustacean on its back.

Lok could feel the creature begin to settle, could feel it's notions of emotions and priorities begin to subside as he poured himself into the creature and attempt to peacefully end the encounter. And as the creature did, Lok too began to lessen his use of the Force, a smile abruptly crossing his face that it was coming to a close. But Lok wasn't prepared for the Darkness that resided in the distance. He felt the darkness when it came, heard the voice echo in his own mind, and reeled backwards from it's presence as it tore back into the mind of the creature. He knew then that it wasn't them that called upon the creature to attack, even as the ancient voice spoke in a language he could not comprehend.

Shaking the darkness from his mind as he released his control over the beast, his face turned a clammy white as the realization hit and he caught his footing just briefly before the creature slammed into the wall that was behind him. He barely had time to react as the chaos consumed the moment, propelling himself upward and onto the creature's back, his blade finding its self activated in a reverse hold as his hand grabbed the chitlin plating for a solid hold. 

As Sir Tarko and Lady Andromina engaged the beast with the Troopers spreading out to fire, Lok enveloped himself with the Force and created a barrier around his form to deflect friendly fire. Holding onto and maintaining his barrier while on the back of the beast wasn't an easy feat, and the ride only got more chaotic as the air between them and the creature grew in intensity. Lok knew there was only one way to end this, and despite his reluctance, he knew it must be done. As he felt Tarko's tug on the Force and felt the crustacean's form shift, Lok propelled himself upward toward the gap in its shell, attempting to drive his blade into its brain through the exposed flesh. Darkness was the enemy, and the beast was possessed with it.

• Like 1