Concord Dawn

Adi-Wan

"Oh!"

Raela's green eyes flashed open with a start as consciousness came back to her with all the force of a supernova. Appropriate, considering she'd just barely escaped a pair of them.

The Force-Sensitive young woman slowly sat up as she began to clear the fog in her mind, and surveryed her surroudings. Noting that she was still hidden in the Rangir's cargo bay, she breathed a sigh of relief. They must have escaped the blast then. However, horror struck her an instant later as she realized...her father. Her only living family member; the one who had taught her everything and raised her...was gone. Anger seethed through her loss as she rose to her feet, tears threatening to flood her vision. Gritting her teeth, she pushed it aside; grieving would be for later. Right now, she had to make sure she and Cat'ra were able to survive.

As she arose, she noted that the ship was still, and was not longer humming with the sounds of life. Were they adrift? She knew next to nothing about space travel and their vehicles, but...

Despite her headache, Raela suddenly felt the energy of someone in pain, very close. Cat'ra? Looking towards the door into the cargo hold, she focused for a moment, and decided quickly that it was indeed her employer and friend who was wounded somewhere inside the vessel. Attempting to ignore the pain in her body and the loss of her father, she stepped towards the entrance to the cargo hold and passed through into the belly of the ship.

As Adenn finished broadcasting he turned to look at his cameras. He was suprised to see that the human had died and the torgarian was saying something. He turned up the mic and caught the end of the sentence. Something about talking. Adenn got up and walked into the back room. He had his blaster drawn, his armor on. The alien could never know who he truly was.

"Alright. Talk."

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Mrakhh stood up, hoping that he would be able to find a way out of the cell. Mrakhh was curiose to why the mandolorian would wear his helmet inside his own ship. If it was to hide his identity, the measure was in vane. Mrakhh had already torn the helmet off of the mandolorian warrior in battle. It was a mistake the Togorian would never make again.

"As much as Mrakhh hates to deal with someone who has... put him through this much disgrace.."

Mrakhh paused and looked around at the cell he was in. Then he continued.

"Mrakhh is willing to make a deal for his freedom. If you let Mrakhh out of this cage, he will give you his word as a Togorian and as a future Jedi, that he will make no attempt to escape or hurt you until an agreement is made."

Mrakhh hated how he was almost begging this scumb to be let out of some cage like an animal, but even though he was furios, he meant every word. Togorians, much like wookiees, kept their word no matter the consiquence. Mrkahh awaited the responce, hoping for it to be bearable.

5xdgpzt.jpg

Adenn smiled beneath his helmet. This alien expected him to trust him after he tried to kill him? Fat chance. He checked his blaster, set it to the stun setting, pointed and fired. The beast fell to the ground. Moving quickly, Adenn unlocked the cage, and drug the beast to one of the escape pods, loaded him in, then fired it off. He watched it sailing away with the stunned monster still in it.

Now he had to find his wife.

AdennGalaarsig42607.jpg

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Her head ached somewhat from where she'd been jostled about in the chaos of departure, but neverthless, Raela pushed back her horrified feelings of deep loss and physical pain as she stepped into the main corridor of the ship and began to walk towards where she assumed the front would be. Having never even set foot in a starship before, she was quite disoriented, and would have been under normal circumstances.

But these were far from normal.

Putting a hand against the bulkhead to steady herself, Raela looked down the walkway and paused, listening. Somewhere in the seemingly vast expanse of metal, she heard movement. Ca'tra? Hopefully she wasn't too wounded.

Following the sound, she moved a little faster, though carefully, her hand on her utility belt. With only minor medical impliments at her disposal, if she were to end up facing an enemy...well...she'd have to use her wits.

• 2 weeks later...

((Rae & Adenn dahlings...I'm actually on another ship that is currently docked with the Rangir. Mirdala/Ca'tra doesn't currently have her Galactic Basic skills about her, so I think that the sooner we can find a translator for her Mando'a the better.))

Upon getting no immediate response from her caretaker, Mirdala began to press buttons on the display, changing the image from a normal vision scan of the planet, to an infra-red thermal reading, then back to the normal view and zoomed in on a settlement in the south western part of the second-smallest continent.

It's leafy, thatched roofs and raised houses seemed so familiar to her, but still so foggy in her mind. She knew this place, that much was certain. But how?

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

I walked behind our guest and asked a question,

"How are you feeling?"

She looked fairly well, and her injuries seemed to be healing fine, but I asked anyway. I let her continue to look on to Concord Dawn, changing the view settings. I sat down on the chair next to her and waited playing with my blaster pistol in my hand.

((Sorry for the delay, I have had some serious internet issues.. ))

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

• 1 month later...

Luqen's head swam. He'd been awake for a time. He couldn't say how long and he hadn't the mental energy to try and figure out an answer to the unspoken questions. Where was he? What was going on? Why was he so weak? He was in and out of consciousness for quite some time, always his eyes fluttering and blurred images of gray and black flashing before him. In those short spans of time he could feel coldness against his body. It took him a long while to finally have the coherency that would answer these questions.

The coldness was steel, the floor of a ship. The images were of a cage. The weakness was from his wounds. He knew not how many there were; only that they hurt constantly and he didn't know if he could stand. Eventually, he figured it was best not to stand, and to simply lay still. Normally it might have been hard to do, lying perfectly still in such an uncomfortable place, but Luqen was too drained to notice. What he did eventually notice was the big creature in a cage across the way, and then it all came back to him.

Togorian, the fight, the Mandolorian bounty hunter, the forests of Kashyyk, the huge plants, fire, explosions, flashes of his lightsaber; all these things rushed before him. His master”¦master”¦Aryian Darkfire”¦Force illusion”¦illusion”¦freedom; he had to get out of this cage. There was no way he could think of, and he tried. It hurt to think so hard, but he had to, and even still he could not devise a method of escape. In the end, it turned out to be the other two passengers that nudged the method into his mind.

The Togorian was speaking with the bounty hunter. Luqen could barely hear them, his head swimming, but the moment where a blast took the Togorian down (in a killing manner, Luqen thought) a burst of coherence, of pure, will-powered energy took hold of him. The bounty hunter took the Togorian from the cage and moved away, out of sight. Luqen edged himself to the bars of the cage, looking about.

A flash of reflecting light turned his head””and he saw it. His lightsaber! The one remaining hilt that had been taken from him rested on a console not ten feet away. It was instinct. It was purity. It simply was. Luqen's hand went out past the bars of the cage. Surpassing the boundaries of distance between them, suddenly the hilt was in his hand. There was a silent ignition and the light buzz of a lightsaber cutting through bars of reinforced steel (for a long moment Luqen worried feverishly; what to do if the bounty hunter came back?).

As Luqen stepped from the cage he heard a thump. Realization dawned on him; escape pods! he thought. And then he heard the steps. The bounty hunter did not return, but Luqen didn't know if he'd make it off the ship, even so”¦

-----

The escape pod hit Concord Dawn groundside and almost immediately opened, ejecting Luqen into a cloud of dust. His weariness rode him into the ground and he slipped to his knees. He had to focus, he had to concentrate. He had to breathe. Slowly his senses returned to him, and Luqen took stock of his situation.

The bounty hunter took his armor, his weapons”¦everything. All he had left was the lightsaber he'd taken back. Silver, he thought. Silver like my eyes. He wore what he'd worn on Kashyyk, but all of it was either torn or bloodstained. The rough spun poncho was tattered, but he dared not discard it. Now that he could think, he focused on where the pain was coming from. The right side of his head was swollen near the temple, and a clump of his hair was ripped out; dried blood encrusted the area, rounding his ear. His left shoulder was stiff and pain hit him every time he moved it too far upwards. He disregarded the pain”¦he simply had to get off this planet”¦had to find Aryian”¦had to”¦

-----

It was a small, dusty town, but it had ships and plenty of bars. It had been three days since Luqen had arrived. He'd entered at night, gone straight for a place with a bath, picking pockets as he went. Stolen credits got him a room, food, and a bath. That very night he decided the only thing to do with his hair was cut it. Luqen shaved his head bald with some ”œborrowed”

Sig_Zack_by_Zardom002.jpg

Rock the house.

Mrakhh opened his eyes. Where he was, he didn't know. All he knew was that he was Mrakhh, the Togorian that was meant to be a Jedi, and had been trapped by a bounty hunter. His fingers had been cut off, and he had nothing. Nothing in the world, not even his weapons. No clothes, no money, no food. Mrakhh's instict kicked in. He needed to survive. He ran off, exausted, but ready to do what he needed to do.

-------

A few hours later, Mrakhh took off in a ship, with clothes on his back and food in his stomach. He had harmed no one while stealing these items, and yet he felt totally guilty for stealing. Even if his life depended on it. He promised to himself that he would repay all of those who he had stolen from, one way or another. With that settled, Mrakhh took off into hyperspace.

5xdgpzt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I walked behind our guest and asked a question,

"How are you feeling?"

She looked fairly well, and her injuries seemed to be healing fine, but I asked anyway. I let her continue to look on to Concord Dawn, changing the view settings. I sat down on the chair next to her and waited playing with my blaster pistol in my hand.

((Sorry for the delay, I have had some serious internet issues.. ))

Mirdala tensed slightly as she noticed the other woman toying with her blaster, the unconcious act of the other triggered her huntress instincts, and with that something else triggered within her as well.

"I'm...Fine..." she simply stated, ready to dodge if need be. Sure Anne-Marie had been kind enough to bring her on board, but what were the motives behind her actions.

Some instinct within Mirdala told her that very very very few people did things with little to no ulterior motive.

"Where are we?" The jet-haired woman looked about the room with her piercing jade eyes, planning and plotting possible escape routes in her mind.

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The Lord had no time to waste upon reaching his Planet of Residence. He immediately went to the markets to buy some materials to build himself a new helmet, as he somehow misplaced the one he once wore. He smiled generously and paid the appropriate people to give him the materials he needed.

However, the helmet was not a necessity of this mission. He needed a ship, something nimble, with plenty of evasive action. He knew he could just replace his old Virago, however he felt like it was more of a powerhouse fighter, than one that would do much good in his deadly assignment. No matter how sturdy the ship is, he would have a higher chance of being blown to bits, however, a nimble ship with a prominent shield system would serve him best, and with the force as his ally he would be able to do what needed to be done.

Going to the shipwright he mentioned exactly what he needed. The merchant smiled to him and led him to his hangar, where Hartel saw his temporary StarFighter.

An old Eta-2. Possibly the fastest single man fighter ever constructed. It was completely Silver in color, with no defining characteristics of who it belonged to, or where it who it once had belonged to before Hartel would bring it into his ownership. The merchant told him it was a perfectly balanced ship, capable of out-maneuvering fleets of of TIE or X-Wing class fighters. Though he could have been gloating.

Either way, it was better than flying a disbanded fighter of Imperial nature which would throw any companions who would join him into attacking him accidentally. Hartel purchased the ship outright, and brought his things on board, configuring it as he had done the TIE, and he left the planet, setting off for a destination point he privately sent out to the rest of his known comrades in this mission.

• 6 months later...

Mirdala's ship cleared the atmosphere, heading towards a small outpost village.

This wasn't the location on the planet that she'd sent the other Jedi, especially since her only family was in this small and relatively remote location.

After landing her ship in some dense underbrush and gathering the supplies that she'd need from its interior. She also threw the scrambling netting over the ship so that it would be well hidden from scanners and the view of passers by. The only way to discover the ship was to either know exactly where the ship is or accidentally stumble into it and as the little village where she was headed held no strategic value over the planet, the chances of anyone, even the locals running into the ship were slim and none.

With her pack on her back, the petite woman trudged through the forest making her way to the village, dressed fully in her armor, compete with her helmet.

About a half-hour later, she emerged from the woods and made her way along the cart path towards the rows of straw and thatched houses nestled in the hillside. The sounds of laughter of children playing and running about, practicing their drills and commands through the mock maneuvers of play. For a split-second, she saw the ghost of herself and her own playmates, including her best friend that later walked the path of the Jetii.

While she was lost in her revaree, a small form slammed into her, almost causing her to loose her balance with her load. She hefted the duffel onto her shoulder as she deftly scooped up the child to keep her from falling in one smooth motion as the boys that had been chasing her skidded to a halt, unsure about the newcomer in the unfamiliar armor. After making sure that the child was unharmed, she dropped the duffel to the ground with a dull thud as she addressed the children.

The auburn-haired girl's dark blue eyes were rimmed in red, and the look of horror on the older boys' faces told Mirdala all she needed to know about the situation even before the girl launched into her explanation in very accented and slightly broken Mando'a, confirming that she was new to the Mando'ade and was still adjusting to the life. The small pendant around the young child's neck, Ineira, the elder woman had finally coaxed from her after the older boys had run off elsewhere, told Mirdala that she was a member of the same clan that Mirdala belonged to, the Skirata clan. It also meant that she was aliit.

Long ago a Jetii had joined the clan, one reason why occasionally those that were born had connections to the "other sense" as Mirdala did. Something told her that this child held the same talents as well.

After ensuring that the child was okay, she shouldered her bag once more and headed to her mother's house, where the graying matriarch greeted her warmly as the little girl ran inside, leaving the older Ad'goran chuckling to herself as her daughter returned home, both of them.

"Mirika," she began, "It's been a long time."

Mirdala nodded as she dropped the duffel with a clunk on the front deck area of the clinic/house that she'd grown up in. "I'm afraid that I can't stay too long Buir, I am called. I have need of an untraceable ship to meet a contact, and I thought that I would stop by and have a meal while I was in the area."

"I thought as much, Mirika, and you have a new sister you should welcome, though I see you've already met," she intoned as she reentered the dwelling, followed by her oldest daughter.

The three shared a simple meal, Mirdala learning that her sister had been brought by a Jetii who had brought the girl all the way from Dathomir, apparently for the child's protection so naturally Mirdala's mother Tsikala, had agreed to take and protect the child. Her mother went on to also let her know that her old vod John was well and that the woman Jetii that had brought Ineira to the village was to join the Ordo clan as John's riduur.

Connections with John and the Jetii are cropping up rather suddenly, she thought to herself, wondering just what the universe was trying to tell her.

After the meal she waved at her mother and her new little sister as she made her way to the small ship port on the outskirts of the villiage.

She procured a YT-2400 light freighter and made her way into orbit around her homeworld.

With a last look she entered hyperspace, pondering the strange connectivity that she suddenly felt with the universe as she continued on to her next destination, via a series of random jumps just to make sure that her point of origin and destination would remain a mystery.

fMZZcER.png

• 1 month later...

Jate sat, on her father's old ARC-170, removing the pits from micrometeor impacts on the hull, she had taken it out on a spin in the orbit of Concord Dawn, testing her reflexes. Her father would have been proud of her she knew, he had died from cancer a few weeks ago. He had been a Mandalorian Delta Clone, with the Empire. He had escaped with Jate's mother when he had been threatened with death for insubordination. Jate's mother and him had settled on Concord Dawn. Her mother had died when she was ten. Her father then sent Jate to live with her mother's clan. There he said she would be raised a true Mandalorian. He left her abandoned, on Concord Dawn, he went and joined a criminal syndicate Black Sun to raise money to bring them to Mandalore. He rechristened himself Delta73 and disappeared. She had heard nothing from him until a month ago, when he Flew into the system in the ARC-170 he had called Uriel IV.

He was suffering with the advanced aging of most clones, and had been stricken with cancer. She tried her best to care for him, but fifteen days ago he had passed away. Leaving her alone with an ARC and the rest of his possessions, including the green Mando armor that was sitting next to her. She glanced down at it, now was the time to make something of her self, she was fifteen now!

She jumped down and put the armor on it was a little big, but it wasn't overwhelming. She had adjusted it considerably, and now it almost fit her. She jumped into the ARC, and sighed, she looked over her shoulder, the weapons were all stowed away behid her seat, she had a few extra jump suits of her fathers”¦.she was all ready to go. She gulped then hit the ignition, the ship started with a roar. After the normal preflight checks, she lifted off into the atmosphere, hit the thrusters, and within a few minutes was in the cold depths of space. She plotted a course with the help of her R5 unit. Jate pulled a lever and disappeared into hyperspace”¦..

aBzDHvj.png

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur

• 2 weeks later...

John awoke once more finding himself in a bed that was so familiar to him. This was the third time now he had woken up in a similar state, waking from death. The Sith had disposed of him, and he knew nothing he said could have been trusted. The whole meeting was a trap not only for him but for the Jedi Order as well. The Mandalorian Jedi laid there for a few moments recounting the situations, and all others that led to his death or torture. All had been done under the guidance of the Jedi Order. Nothing was certain with these people, these Jedi. They had only led him to suffering. The Force may have redeemed him of the dark deeds he did with the Sith, but perhaps it was for a different reason than the Mandalorian thought.

John sat up, he was wearing basic clothes, tight fitting undergarments with the Mandalorian crest printed onto the front of it. For a moment John looked down and stared at the Mythosaur skull. His people were always there for him. Waiting for him to take the place he had promised his Father and them he would take when the time was right. The Mandalore Clans were leaderless and hopeless without a Leader to guide them, a Mandalore to unite them and bring honor back into their lives. Hartel stared at his crest and then looked around his room here on Concord Dawn. In a drawer locked and only now able to be unlocked by those using the Force, laid the future, something passed on within the Mandalorian Clans.

Standing up, the man went over to the drawer and waved his hand unlocking the chest and allowing it to present what was inside. The mask was very old but sturdy and strong made of the finest Mandalorian Steel and infused with the honor of millenia of Mandalores within it. This was the mask of Mandalore, used since Mandalore the First all the way to Mandalore the Preserver. It had been passed down for generations modified over time to suit the needs of its successors. Now it looked like many Mandalroian Helms, the T-Shaped Visor with the traditional bucket style. It did not look like much and blended in with other Mandalorian Helms of the day, but it was Mandalore's helm, and all Mandalorians would know when Hartel wore it that he was Mandalore much as when his father wore it.

John had spent far too long avoiding his destiny, avoiding his dedication to his people trying to better himself with the Jedi when in reality he was taking steps backwards. He grabbed the helmet and set it on top of the drawer while he grabbed his beskar'gam which had the matching colors of the Helmet. Black with a Blue trim. The colors of his Father's beskar'gam. Darius Ordo, the last known Mandalore. John knew his Basic name would have to be forefit and he would have to return to the name his father gave him upon birth soon. Joreel Ordo. He had not even told Xae about the names existence, as he felt he may never again return to this path. He had hidden it, and she may slap him again now for his reluctance.

Placing the armor on, the new Mandalore had come to fruition. The leader of the Mandalore Clans was ready for his role at last, though he needed people to lead. Mandalore grabbed a few weapons he had stashed in a cabinet in the room, and placed them on his belt grabbing his large repeater in both hands. He was ready to deal with any resistance offered by the unorganized Mandalorians across the galaxy.

He stepped outside to see people look at him in awe, he did not expect them to notice so soon but the farming people of Concord Dawn knew the armor almost immediately as the armor his father wore when he was Mandalore. Ordo walked past the people nodding in their direction as he made his way to the spaceport where he found himself an old Crusader-class Corvette. He boarded the vessel and had it lift off from the planet of Concord Dawn speeding off toward a planet where he heard rumors of Mandalorians assembling”¦Onderon.

Sanj landed on the planet of Concord Dawn. He had felt an odd drawing to the planet through the force he wasn't sure what it was. He stepped out and followed the force to find where he was being drawn to. He found a house and knew that it was where he was supposed to be.

He walked in and he realized that it was John's home he wasn't quite sure why he was here. He then saw a book on saber schematics and some lightsaber parts and immediately knew why he was here.

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

Sanj grabbed the book and began to find a design that he would use for his saber. Sanj saw one that would be simple but not so that it would be bland. The padawan then set to work and pulled out the metal that he would use for the construction of his saber shell. He then closed his eyes and let the force flow through his body and let it lead all that he did. He began to bend and mold the metal to his liking until he had everything to the way he desired. Sanj bent the metal, images of what it was turning out to be. The saber had to be perfect he wouldn't be happy if it wasn't. He looked at the case it was empty and hallow but soon would be full with the components and it would be a functional lightsaber.

He then placed it down in satisfaction and moved on to the next part of the saber. He looked through the materials he had found until he found something he could use as a core shielding and began to get to work. He molded it so that he'd be able to put the power core inside. He worked on this task for a while until he had reached completion and placed it down. He then grabbed more metal and began to work on the core. Sanj let the force guide him as he worked on the component until it was a completed piece and he placed it inside the shielding and into the sabers shell.

He laid back and allowed himself to take a short break from the tiresome work of the construction of his light saber. He couldn't wait until it was finished not only because he'd have his own lightsaber and not use someone else's. It also meant that he was that much closer to becoming a Jedi Knight and getting his own padawan. He then came out of his daze and went back to work. He went back into the book and looked to find what he would need to make next, the crystal chamber. He then took some metal from the box of materials and started to work on the piece. He let the force run through him, he was getting better at calling it and it took almost no effort now and he knew he'd soon have it constantly running through him and not even need to call it. He began to bend the metal, shaping it into the outer shape. Now the only part he needed to complete was the areas that would hold the crystals. He bent the materials until it was perfectly shaped and he melded it to the rest of the chamber. He picked up the completed chamber and examined it he made sure the pieces were in the correct places and shaped correctly. Sanj took out his saber crystals and placed them inside of it and smiled, his trip to Dantooine had paid off. He then placed the crystal chamber inside of the lightsaber shell.

He rested his head on the table he had been working for what he estimated 4 hours and needed a good break. Sanj looked at his watch and set it to wake him up after an hour of rest and he then dozed off to get some much-needed rest. He had one of those dreams that are completely random, with absolutely no meaning. He was a magical ship that could turn into anything in the galaxy. He woke up to a beep of his watch and let out a groan as he raised his head from slumber. Sanj rubbed his eyes and knew he had to get back to work, which he would. He looked at the book he had checked out and found the next part he'd have to work on, the energizing rods. He grabbed some metal that would do the trick from the box and went to work. He molded the twin rods so they would work and put in the grooves and held it up to the light and smiled at it, it was finished. He then placed it inside of the saber shell.

Sanj smiled, he was almost done with the work except for one thing, the circuitry of his saber. He grabbed some wires and put them on the table. Then he started to connect the wires together. He did his best to attach them. He put one piece and got a slight zap and quickly jolted his hand up and put the finger that was electrocuted in his mouth and sucked on it for a bit before drying it off on his robe. Sanj then continued to work on the circuitry of his lightsaber until he was done with it.

Sanj then took out some metal that he would use as a tapping pin and bent and molded it using the force. He then pulled out a knob and a button and put it on the weapon, now all he had to do was customize his saber. He grabbed some nice foam and glued it to where he would hold it. Sanj then engraved his name into the light saber so it would forever be his. Sanj then turned on his finished lightsaber and flinched incase the saber exploded and blew off his hand. He was happy to see he still had a pair of arms and looked at its golden blade.

Sanj deactivated his saber and placed it at his side before walking out of the home. He went to a field and found a nice shady area. He sat down and started to meditate, he wasn't sure where to go next.

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

Sanj heard Hartel's force message and was relieved to hear him alive. He wasn't sure how he was alive but he didn't really care. He quickly jumped up when he heard what he said and he'd get to Mandalore as quickly as possible. His training was almost over soon he'd know longer be a padawan but a knight. Sanj decided to put the first thing he learned into a practical use and used the force to help him run faster. Sanj entered his ship and began to set the coordinates for Mandalore. He was ready for whatever would happen during his trials.

Sanjanimsig.gif

• 6 months later...

Scall shook her head as she moved The Bain from its long orbit of the planet, after a long period of observation and privacy, she was finally ready to continue her pirate ways...

It was surprising that the ship still worked after its long inactivity, but work it did to Scall's pleasure. She set a course for an unknown location in space, and waited as the hyperdrive warmed up.

Time for some violence... Some death... Some credits... Perhaps Anne would follow, but she was weak... She always thought you were a bit over the top... Bollocks, this was going to be fun....

The Bain shot into hyperspace, and towards its violent destiny...

MONTJOY.png.ad2fbabd682c0f3d1aa381340ecdf194.png

• 9 months later...

A strong wind blew across the field, causing the sheaves of maturing wheat to flutter and dance in it's wake. The sun beat warmly on the dirt road as though the whole planet were welcoming the Jedi Knight and her avian Padawan. The sounds of children playing came from the small village cluster of vheh'yaim.

Xae-Lin had set the Caburdown in a clearing that fell just outside of the outskirts of the community, deciding that it would do them both good to walk to their destination. She explained for her Padawan's benefit that they were going to visit the grandmother of a friend of her master, one who was considered to be the both the village healer and elder.

As they approached the dwelling, it's owner came out to meet them. Tsikala's grayed head and weary smile told the Jedi one thing that she needed to know, her niece hadn't returned in the day and a half that it'd taken her to make it here. "Su cuy'gar ner vod" Xae-Lin cried in greeting. The literal translation being something akin to "So, you're still alive," being more than appropriate, as most Mandalorians didn't usually live to see the advanced years that were clearly wearing on Tsikala. Xae hoped that Ineira hadn't been the cause of too much of her weariness.

"Sucuy ad," the elder responded, waving the Jedi pair into her hut. "We have much to discuss. There are things that you should know," she continued in heavily accented Basic, and cast a curious glance at Trushaun's appearance, but didn't say anything.

Xae nodded and entered the hut, removing her slippers that she'd changed into knowing that it would be more convenient than her usual boots and motioned for Trushaun to follow.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Following Xae across the field Trushaun immediately felt confident that there were lessons to be learned here. They came up on the village, or what Trushaun took to be the village. It was very quaint and she rather enjoyed it. The structures intrigued her. They looked temporary, but as if they had been in one spot for a long time.

She noticed the strange looks she was getting, and brushed it off. She looked at each member of this village that gave her a look. Making eye contact. The Xae started to speak to another human. In a different language. She patted down her head-feathers and entered the building when Xae motioned for her.

Trushauncopy3.png

The dimly lit interior of the vheh'yaim was divided into two main parts by a pair of folding screens that denoted the main living area from the sleeping quarters of the home. Their elderly host moved first to the stove where a hot pot of something spicy sat cooking, checked it's contents, adding some more spices as though she weren't yet happy with the flavor and motioned for her guests to seat themselves by the cook-fire where brightly colored pillows and cushions lay for just that purpose.

"Tsikala, this is my Padawan, Trushaun," Xae-Lin began, but fell silent as she sensed the older woman beginning to speak.

The gray-haired woman nodded at the habir'jetii, "You are Fosh, are you not?" Then without waiting for a response continued, "Rare to see these days. I have only heard of your race in passing, never thought I would live to see one, let alone have one as a guest."

She turned back to Xae, "You and Joreel have parted ways, have you not? It is hard to serve both jetii and resol'nare and your hearts split, did they not?"

Xae-Lin's expression did not hide the fact that their parting still hurt her, but she nodded, keeping her composure. Had she not have been among both trusted friend and the Mando'ade, who above all appreciated those that said what they meant, rather than hiding behind all of that political language so many of the other Jedi used, Xae-Lin would not have allowed herself to remain so candid about her and John's parting. "He felt compelled to his duties to his people, and I to my oath as a Jedi. I do not regret my decision, nor does he regret his, to my own knowledge."

Adaptability was crucial to being a Jedi, and she made note to discuss any questions that the young Fosh had for her about this exchange at a later time.

As though understanding the younger woman's pain, Tsikala switched topics as she stirred the spicy concoction. "Your ba'vodu'ad has run off," began.

As their exchanges had been in Basic, Xae intrrupeted for Trushaun's benefit, "That's not atypical of a child of her age among the Mando'ad, as I recall."

"It is when we have word of an aruetii that has taken up residence in the woods. You should also know that she has been having nightmares as of late, saying things about a man coming after her. She does have drawings that she has done, they are with her things."

Areutii, is an outsider. They are often not trusted by these people and for good reason. The word can also mean traitor. The Jedi Knight relayed through the Force for her Padawan's benefit.

Something stirred in the Force that Xae had not noticed before, it felt dark and perverse, but not quite like any Sith that she'd encountered. What's worse was that it felt almost, familiar.

With a nod as her own mind ran rampant with the possibilities of what could be after her niece, she rose and went towards the sleeping quarters, returning a few moments later with the child's drawings. Her face was slightly pale as she returned to the other two ladies.

"How long has she been gone? When did she start having the nightmares?" the urgency in the young woman's voice was unmistakable.

"You recognize him, don't you?" the elder nodded, as though knowing that Xae-Lin would be the best hope of filling in the missing details of the child's disappearance.

"I believe that I do, but tell me, was she acting out of the ordinary before she went missing?" She, prayed that she wasn't right in her assumptions and Tsikala's next response would confirm this.

"In the sense that she was throwing things about and using her abilities on others? Yes. She would hold the older boys that had picked on her high in the air for a time before dropping them. I had to heal at least three myself. It was just after that that she disappeared."

Xae's mouth tightened. Her niece had before been used as a puppet by those that used the Dark Side to manipulate and hurt others, and now it was happening again. "Tsikala, you must know that she wasn't the one directly controlling her actions. Her Force abilities should not be that developed yet as she hasn't had the proper training. She is being used. I apologize for bringing this family matter to your doorstep. I will handle it."

"Like haran you will alone child," it was the first time the elder's tone had risen in the entire conversation. "You may have brought her to my home for care, but she is just as much my responsibility as she is yours. I know the reason I was asked to care for her as my own bu'ad has the potential for some of the same talents as Ineira."

If the Jedi Knight was correct about who they would be contending with, she didn't want to be responsible for the elder Mando'ad's death. However, she also knew from personal experience that they could be a stubborn lot, and knew that Tsikala knew the risks as well. There was no reasoning with a Mandalorian that had their mind made up.

"I would never turn down your help, Tsikala, but know that if I am right about who this is, we could all be in danger." She raised her hand, silencing the elder's forming protests. "I know the strength of your people. I just wanted you to know that we are likely dealing with a Dark Force user, likely a member of the Nightsister clan that I was rescued from as a teenager. If they don't want to be found it will be difficult to do so." She turned to Trushaun, "I could use your help in locating them, have you taken the time to attune yourself with the planet?"

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

The young Jedi nodded her head as she could tell the elder woman was asking of her species. Trushaun replied, simple and sweet. "Honored." as she bowed her head.

Xae and the Elder would go on to discuss something about Xae's past. Trushaun knew her skills would be needed here soon. She sat down on some sort of container. She was astounded by the design. It was indeed....Intriguing. The Fosh sat in the back, attuning herself to the Force and to the Planet. It wasn't hard. The planet itself actually welcomed her into the strain of life. She smiled. She was learning quickly, and this way she could go back to her home and fix everything alot sooner than anticipated.

Trushaun sensed a presence in the forest. Just about 3 clicks south of the village. Xae left the room in a hurry. She did not tell Trushaun to follow, so the Fosh remained behind. Examining the terrain as best she found a cliff about 2.4 clicks down the way. Easily avoided as there was rough path carved into the cliff. Nature was telling her that it was recently formed. Trying to get how often it was used was a different story. It was not within her skill set to figure that out.

Xae stormed back into the room. Having more words with the elder, she broke off and came to the young Jedi. Xae questioned if she was attuned to the planet yet. "Yes Xae-Lin. Trushaun has been attuned ever since we landed. Trushaun as since worked out the fine details. And Trushaun believes she has found what Xae is looking for." She paused, hoping off the container. "There is a presence about t-t-three clicks from the south end of camp. If Mandolorian's have map. Trushaun can show location."

Trushauncopy3.png

The elder Mando'ad shook her head, "Maps help aru'e; we don't keep them, but I know your jetii powers will help you track. Wait here until I return." Tsikala moved to the back of the hut where sounds of armor clicking together were heard.

Xae turned to her apprentice, noting that the sabers that she held were only of training capacity and ill suited for the fight she sensed would be coming.

"Trushaun, your duty is to help us find Ineira and once found get her out of there will all speed you can to the village. The two of you will be safe there, but be ready to help defend from there if it comes to that. Do you understand?" The Jedi Knight was not about to loose her Padawan to a ghost of her past. Through the Force she added so she wouldn't offend Tsikala, her own tone gravely serious, I would also rather Tsikala not go either, but I cannot go against her as I am in her debt. You now also have access to the Cabur so that if things go awry, you can go meet the rest of the Order. I know that you too have felt that gentle pull to Tython. I sense that it grows stronger each day. I will be plain. Should you sense I have fallen, you are to go straight away to Tython on my ship with Ineira, the Order will protect her and you. Do not worry about me.

Now clad in very battle-worn beskar'gam that appeared to once have been a bright gold, Tsikala stood among them once again. "I will lead into the forest, but once there I will consult with your Padawan to get the proper fix on our lenedat. We have sent parties into the woods, but so far no sign of Ineira or the areutii have we been able to find. It is likely that your Force will show you things that our own talents cannot."

psvBwny.jpg

"Understood. No maps. Trushaun can guide." The Fosh said to the elder. As she stepped behind a curtain.

"Trushaun understands Xae-Lin. But she is not as helpless as Xae-Lin thinks." A smile ran across her face. Reaching back behind her lightsabers, she pulled out two nine inch blades with serations and teeth. They were curved and looked intimidating, even in the young Fosh's hands.

After the mental message through the Force. Trushaun nodded her head. "Does one have a picture of the young human?"

Trushauncopy3.png

Trushaun's master nodded in appreciation of the blades, her own hand brushing aside her tunic to reveal her own. "I know you aren't as helpless as I might be estimating you are; I wouldn't entrust you with my niece's care otherwise." She sent waves of appreciation to her Padawan, "Trust me, the time will come soon enough when you will have a chance to prove yourself."

She also reached in and produced a holofilm from her last visit a year ago in which she'd brought new clothes for the growing child.

Jedi_Knight_and_youngling_by_AnariaZar_Rel.jpg

"She bears a striking resemblance to me, rather than either of her own parents, so she shouldn't be too hard to pick out. If my suspicions are correct, because this presence does indeed feel familiar to me, I just pray for his sake that no other children of this village have been taken or harmed."

"Whoever it is will have to answer to us either way, though she's in our care and has not formally been adopted, she is still one of ours," the eldest of the three added as she strode purposely towards the treeline.

The trio entered the woods, Xae-Lin cautiously reaching out through the Force along with her Padawan, who's own natural talents in sensing the planet's rhythms helped the latter to distinguish the location of the source, while her master did her best to identify the who of what it was.

It was difficult to a degree, because the person that they were seeking also held talents in the Force, specifically those in the area of subterfuge and cloaking. It had taken him three years to track down what was his, and now that he had it, there was no parting with it. It was well that he had studied under the high priestess of the clan, for her skills of manipulation were well known among the Dathomiri, he was utilizing those skills even now. He would claim his birthright.

His presence in the Force was becoming increasingly slippery, annoyingly so almost as though he were toying with the Knight and her young Padawan.

psvBwny.jpg

(I typed up a reply to this..I dunno what happened to it. I thought I posted it....)

Trushaun looked the picture over a few times, just be be certain. She looked very much like Xae-Lin and would be easy to spot. Venturing into the forest, Trushaun couldn't help but feel a little excited and anxious. The feelings were squashed when she shook her head. She had a job to do and she shouldn't let feelings cloud her connection to the Force.

Trushaun led the group trough the Forest. She stopped abruptly. "There is a black-hole where the dark-spot was. Nothing there. No trees, no wildlife. Unknown people must be onto us."

Trushaun knelt. Placing her hand in the dirt and closing her eyes to concentrate. "The plant life tell Trushaun there is no movement around that area. But something is happening. When Xae-Lin, Elder, and Trushaun get to cliff. Trushaun have a trick to scale cliff faster. Let's press on before Unknown People start to move." Standing up she marched on.

Trushaun had an idea for how to get up the cliff faster. It was the technique Rep had taught her. She hoped that her practicing it was enough to hold the three of them. Pressing on with a new speed she led the group.

Trushauncopy3.png

Xae sensed what her apprentice was about to do, almost as she herself had sensed the "blind spot" almost a second after her well-attuned Padawan, and extended her hand to the elder Mando'ad who brushed her off as she jerked her head at the jet pack on her back. Xae nodded in deference to the elder's Mando'ad's sense of pride, knowing that to have lived as long as she had meant that she was very good at what she did, and that included tactics.

"Well done Trushaun," Xae praised enthusiastically, but quietly as she brought the Force around her as she prepared to bolt upward to the top of the cliff.

Something angry flashed in the Force and lashed out at the trio as they crested the ridge. Xae called out and used the force to propel Trushaun and Tsikala out of the way of the crimson flash that whipped between them, separating Xae from the other two.

Tsikala cursed as she felt the jetii's telekinesis push, causing her to go off balance. She took the momentum into a roll, her aching joints protesting against the strain of activity. I'm getting too damn old to go charging into things, let alone with a couple of young jetiise, she thought morosely as she came up on the defensive, blaster drawn.

Xae managed to keep her footing cursing herself as she registered the familiar weapon and tactics. Her blue-green eyes darkening as she focused on her assailant and her own jade-hued lightsaber ignited in response.

"Auros," she coolly intoned, fully seeing him as he stepped forward from the shadows, his head cocked to one side and a crooked sneer of superiority on his face.

In a way, he looked more tribal than any that usually occupied this area of the planet, his own choice in apparel clearly delineating him as an outsider. His broad chest and shoulders were bare of cloth, but his skin was streaked and smeared with what appeared to be a blood and mud mixture. Dirty and torn leather breeches and bare feet completed the appearance. "If it isn't the wayward brat that stole my child, you arrogant Jedi bitch." He noticed the red-headed woman's eyes scanning for any signs of the child that she knew he had taken and the malice in his face twisted further. "I see you think that I would be stupid enough to let you take her again, but she is safe, of that make no mistake, but I feel that I can't say the same for you dear sister!"

Once again Xae dove to the side as he lunged at her, Auros's lightwhip missing her by mere inches, once more forcing her on the defensive, a place where she did not particularly want to be at the moment.

As the elder Ardel was busy engaging the younger, Tsikala had taken the opprotunity to flank the larger man and shot him, though somehow he managed to move at the last second, his focus now solely on her and, who he assumed was, Xae's Padawan.

To the odd-looking creature he reared up with arms open in a classic intimidation posture, this one looked far too frail to be of any real threat to him, better to rid himself of an annoying younger sister and to make the student watch before ridding the world of another fledgling Jedi.

Then he turned his focus to what he felt was the more pressing threat.

"Foolish old woman, you should have left well enough alone!" he cried, ignoring the pain the grazing blast had caused in his right leg. His vocal chords slowly growing in to an ancient chant as he used his magic to close the interfering Mandalorian's windpipe.

psvBwny.jpg

(As he is your NPC, I will let you decide about the damage/his actions.)

Rolling down the hill a few feet the young Fosh caught herself. Combat. It was her first taste. A larger male had attacked the trio. Why no others of the Mando tribe had followed them was a curious question that spearheaded Trushauns mind. The elder mando was now engaged in combat, along with Xae-Lin. Trushauns guess was that they knew each other from before. No matter, they were enemies now. Which made this man her enemy as well.

The mando shot a laser bolt at the man. It grazed him, only making him more mad. He was once again on the attack, just after sizing up Trushaun. Passing her off as a frail being, he would live to regret it. The young jedi scanned the cliff side. There were a few trees and plants on this cliff. Perfect.

Trushaun cooed in her own language. Smiling she gathered the Force in her palm and threw her fist into the ground. Concentrating she made this tree grow at an exponential rate. This certain tree just so happened to be above the man. The tree grew heavier and heavier, causing the roots to expand as well. Cracking the rock on the cliff, boulders the size of Trushauns body started to fall.

Seeing what was happening, Trushaun concentrated harder. The tree kept growing, breaking Trushauns old record. Gravity finally took over, the Tree fell along with it's root bulb. It ripped part of the cliff along with it.

Trushaun hoped that the man's adrenaline was running so high He would just be concentrating on the two elder women.

Trushauncopy3.png

((Okay...*evil laugh* this is going to be fun, thank you for the set up!))

An odd sound filled Auros's ears and by the time it had taken his mind to process the sound as being that of straining wood, the mini-avalanche was on it's way to connect with him. Instinct took over, breaking his choke-hold on the older Mandalorian, leaving the woman falling to the ground in a gasping heap, as he ran to the relative shelter of a small out-cropping, a few of the rocks connecting as they fell past. As the dust settled, he found himself semi-pinned in the tiny area with hardly any room to move and a dislocated and bruised shoulder. Clearly it had been a grand error on his part to discount the Padawan.

Tsikala was gasping for air as Xae ran over to help her up, "Good move!" she said, eying the rock pile for signs of movement. What she'd seen Auros do astounded her, to take hits from those massive rocks and to dismiss them, she was sure he'd been injured, but his own battle-rage refused to acknowledge such. He would be feeling it for a while though, once his adrenaline backed off.

Still, they needed to take advantage of this break in the fighting. "Spread out, Ineira must be close by. I fear that his anger and hatred are fuling him and there's no telling how long those boulders will hold him. I don't know what he learned from our mother while I was gone. Stay sharp."

Tsikala gave a little harrumph, as though she needed to be reminded of that fact. Damn dar'jetiise, damn jetiise, she thought to herself dourly.

Auros was bleeding from several cuts, but so focused was his hatred for his sister that it blinded him to little else. Jamming his fist into the space between two of the fallen rocks to gain some leverage he twisted and wrenched until he was able to pop is shoulder back in to place with sickening pop. There was also a good chance that he also had torn some muscles in the process, but the pain did nothing but drive him harder.

He began chanting, building his power around him until he was finally ready to let loose after several minutes.

Few Mando'ad would involve themselves in another's affairs, particularly when it was predominately an outsider, viewing this situation as something more under the Jedi's affairs, being that Xae was the defacto guardian of the child, Tsikala merely a caretaker. Should the fight or the outsider threaten the settlement, however, that would be another matter entirely.

Tsikala was limping slightly as she looked for signs of the five-year-old girl. Ineira had always been quite good about hiding when she didn't want to be found.

Xae didn't fully join the other two in the search, instead standing at the ready for the moment when she knew her brother would burst forth. Auros had never been the smart one, their stubbornness was just about the only thing that they had in common other than their genetics.

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg