Concord Dawn

Adi-Wan

Tros watched from the cockpit of his own ship, Orar, as the starline streaked back into the familiar sight of Concord Dawn before him. On the surface was an old farm house that the Ardell clan owned for sometime, although rarely used. after leaving Haruun Kal, Tros felt a strong need to reconnect to his past, to discover whether or not the claims were true against his buir. He had now come to a calmer mind through the travel, yet it seemed so fresh within his mind the possibility that he struggled to come to terms of his own buir would ever be associated with the Kyr'tsad. But there was just nothing he could do about it without seeing proof for himself. So that was what he choose to do. Return home and see if any of the clues could be found there. Bringing his ship down for a landing, he make a quick withdraw from the vessel, partially due to an urgency to discover the truth, but mainly out of old habit. He could remember the trips to the farm with his buir and his vod, Reilla.

Almost as soon as Tros walked through the door, he could see right before him the Resol'nare written and hung at first sight. The read was something he had learned from such a young age, as well as his vod. It read, 'Education and armor, self-defense, our tribe, our language, our leader—all help us survive.'. He found it a bit ironic that anyone within the Kyr'tsad could follow it when the tribe is built heavily around Mand'alor and the way he choose to lead. Granted, Tros had never met the man, nor did he know who he was. The last Mand'alor that he knew was Vihk, who had died or passed the title along to someone else. Rumor had it that a Mando by the name of Fett knew something about Vihk and who was passed the title. Granted, he could always just make the short travel to Manda'yaim and discover through the word of mouth who was Mand'alor now. But with the rumors being so strong of the Kyr'tsad being a strong presence, Tros would not travel without a stronger purpose or cause. For now, he would discover things in his own childhood home. Hopefully he would be able to hold to his jate'kara and discover something while on Concord Dawn.

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

Tros spent a few hours searching through old files and boxes filled with stuff trying to find any lead that he could that would help him in his next step. He seemed so lost without having a mission at hand, or a bounty to go after. Carefully picking up a few things that he thought would be important to check up on later, such as a file that read Past Life, Tros took of for Coruscant and the CoreSec HQ. If nothing else, he would return to his last mission that he knew. To find Mand'alor. And the only person or lead he had was a vod by the name of Fett. He then packed up and prepared Orar for lifted off and then was gone.

• 3 years later...

Something had happened over the past few months. Tros wasn't sure exactly what had al happened, nor was he fully aware of how he even got back to Concord Dawn. He would have much rather have been back at the home base of Clan Ardell, which resided on Shogun. But instead, he was not. His vod were here, aliit was here, anade was here. But most importantly of all, ori'vod was here. They were here for the sole purpose of aay'han ori'vod. Riella had died, a moment in time that Tros would have very much liked to have never gone through. His last true kin. Or at least, the very last that he would acknowledge. With the passing of his vod, and having already lost his mother early in life and him disowning his dar'buir, Tros was now alone with just Brexton, his adopted older brother.

Having traveled from Bogden back to Concord Dawn, Tros could do nothing but stand and stare into the flames as they consumed Riella's body. He was wearing his beskar'gam, but his buy'ce was in the hands Tros. Part of him refused to look at it. As the heat grew stronger and began to fully consume Riella, all who came to the funeral began to break out in Vode An... all except for Tros. He still found himself staring at the flames and his ori'vod upon the slab that was consumed with a fire so hot, every blacksmith would be jealous not to use it for their own purpose. The chant of Vode An began to take his own ears lose focus and instead he was now able to look at the buy'ce he held within his hands. He now spoke quietly to no one in particular.

"Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.... Ret'urcye mhi."

He lingered a bit as the rest of those gather marched back towards the drinking hole, still chanting Vode An. They would share their memories, drink heavily until all if not most were drunk by the midnight hour. Tros didn't feel like going with hem. He allowed for them to move along before began to walk towards the small hut looking house that would have been Riella's. As the noise of the crowd began to lower, Tros came to the house and entered it. Inside it looked almost the exact same way that it had every time that his ori'vod would transmit to him. The bed, the communications devices, the large database computer that Riella spent hours working on. It was nostalgic for him to just be in the room, hoping to hear Riella's voice behind him.

"Tion'ad hukaat'kama?"

The voice was not Riella's. It was Brexton, who stood inside the door way looking over the room. His dark grey eyes darted from one side of the room to the other as he took it all in himself. Tros couldn't help but acknowledge that both relied heavily upon Riella during their times running around the galaxy as beroyas. Slowly nodding, Tros still didn't say much. It was partly his personality that he had. Both Brexton and Riella always told him he got this from his mom. The slow nod was enough for Brexton to smile at before he continued.

"You know that Riella had many things that he kept from you. Most involving your buir. He always told me that there would be one day that you would have no choice but come face to face with who he was. So to keeping with my own promises as your vod, allow for me to give you this. It's a token from him. Riella wanted you to have it.... And Tros... Mando'ad draar digu."

With that, Brexton left the house to Tros to be alone in. The token sat upon Riella's bed, and weird looking thing it was. Tros never moved for it, nor tok his eyes off of it. Instead, he continued to hold Riella's buy'ce in his left hand and just stare at the room... Time would allow for him to move soon, but until then, he needed time to recover from the galaxy's fateful hand at the moment...

• 3 weeks later...

Tros spent a few days caught between staring at Riella's stuff and the medallion that his ori'vod had been given from their buir. It seemed strangely familiar to him, yet he could not place what world or culture it may have come from. He spent a good amount of his time alone with his thoughts as he just simply wondered and pondered about the meaning of it. He wondered why Riella had it. He wondered why his father had it. He wondered what it meant to him, his father, if it had any meaning at all. After his third day, he left the yaim of Riella and began to find Brexton. He found him in one of the local watering holes. He didn't bother to greet him with a familiar sense that he usually would. Instead, he was straight to the point.

"Where the haran did this come from?!"

Brexton didn't flinch or respond right away. He finished his sip that he was taking of his tihaar, then turned and took the medallion from his hands and looked at it. He looked at it for all of around two seconds before he placed it on the bar table.

"Dathomir. Those fierfek witches on that planet have tribes. This belongs to one of them..."

Tros was slight confused and shocked that Brexton was able to know exactly where it came from within a second of looking at it. Carefully, he picked it up and placed it in his pocket as he looked out into nothing and thought for a moment before responding to Brexton.

"Those that hate males... this will get interesting. Why exactly did Riella have it?"

"Your buir Tros. It belonged to him. Riella believed he held onto it because he may have had other children past you. You may not be the youngest of clan Ardell. There could be ash'ad."

Tros looked out of a window for a second, then nodded his head and began to leave the bar. Brexton called back at him asking where he was going. Tros responded with a single word.

"Oya'karir"

Tros then collected his things, and left the planet.

• 6 years later...

A small group of Mandalorians moved through a forest as they went from location to location on the former Journeyman Protectors homeworld. Many of the settlements were small houses and groupings of those who called this planet home. They passed by a few houses as the group searched for something very particular for their Mand'alor. Gronn Lerr held his hand up as the group went to enter a house that seemed unoccupied. "No. Not this one. This belonged to the Ad'Goran family. There would be nothing of value within. The next house ahead may have more value to us."

Even as the group moved forward, another in the group spoke up. "But didn't Ad'Goran travel with Kandor Nor'an, the Mand'alor before Terra? Surely Tros has interest in those travels." Gronn looked back at the man. Jorad Lo, wearing silver orange and black upon his armor and one of the former solo Protectors to turn to the main hub right before the events of Nar Shaddaa. Gronn figured that the man interacted with Kandor in a minimal fashion to not have a bad view of him as Tros did, and from stories interacted with him a bit more than a few times. "Mand'alor wants only information on the travels of Terra. Kandor is irrelevant to him."

Letting the conversation die out, he raised his Westar Assault Rifle back up and began to move in closer with Kyr, who was already at the farm homestead and double checking that it was indeed empty. As the rest of the squad caught up, Jorad spoke again. "Do we know exactly what Tros is looking for?" "Terra had some very small and minor connections here to other clans. CLEAR." Kyr responded before he opened the door to the homestead. Gronn gave a smile at the young and eager lad, who was clearly wanting to make an impression on the group. "Tros gave us to task of finding more clues to her travel through her contacts, and to recruit if we find anyone who may be willing to join. We can explore the small villages and cities later. After this house." Gronn moved his hand to signal the end of the conversation and for the rest of the group to enter the hosue and search it. They needed to find what they were tasked with. And he personally was assigned another task that he kept from the group. A retrieval of an item from Mand'alor

The small group of Mandalorians finished their task of searching the homestead of a connection to Terra and was slowly withdrawing from the home when Gronn was stopped by Kyr, the young and eager lad of the group. "Lambda shuttle just swept in rather low. Took almost a similar approach to the one we took in, just from a different angle." THe older one looked for a moment at Kyr. Clad in his own style of grey, silver and red, he was indeed in every sense wanting to get noticed by those who were above him. Mimicking the style and color of many within House Solus and doing everything he could to impress. Only Gronn and Jorad didn't wear the red color in the small group. He looked down the direction he that Kyr pointed and scanned the area. 

"No record of a homestead that way... but I am picking up life forms, if ever so slightly... Might be worth scouting the area, but we don't need everyone for that." He then turned around and looked directly at Jorad. "You take command and head back and await for us. I'll take the young lad and scout the area. Might be worth the insight for Mand'alor down the road to know if settlements are growing here." Jorad nodded his head and quickly gave the order for everyone else to head back. As they did, Gronn looked at Kyr and gave his own nod to move forward. "YOu can take the lead, but no hostiles towards anyone unless I give the order."

With that, the two headed out deeper into the forest to scout where there may have been an increase in growth of population. But Gronn worried within the back of his head that it was an old Imperial officer who may be attempting to retake control over part of Mandalorain space again. Either way, such information was worth knowing first hand as Tros was establishing a new power House on Almas...

• Like 2

Gronn and Kyr slowly made their way through the forest from one house to the location Kyr had spotted a Lambda shuttle move and land. The two slowly came upon a small hill within the forest that allowed for them to scan from afar the homestead. Getting on their bellies and began to see what they could of the area. Kyr drew out an E-17d sniper rifle to scout the area, while Gronn choose to just use his own HUD on his buy'ce. Heat signatures were present, but both were too far away to get a good count. "You have better eyes on the situation Kyr, what are you seeing?" 

The more eager Mandalorian kept his response held in for a second. "The trees are messing up what I'm seeing... Looks like one... maybe two adults for sure. The entire area is a mess. The entire homestead looks like it's seen better days. I feel like there may be children... but I can't get an accurate sight." Gronn let out a heavy sigh. It was typical of a certain age and breed of Mandalorians to disguise and hide their homes in such a way to make it harder to get an upper hand from others not within their realm of trust. This homestead was just that kind. Turning off the heat readings, he finally stood up. "Watch my back. I'm going to move in towards the homestead. When I get about twenty meters from it, give a harmless shot at the roof to alert them that I'm outside. That way, we can find out who is there and their purpose." 

Without offering up Kyr anymore details, Gronn began to walk towards the homestead through the forest area. Part of him wondered if this is how he would die. Walking up blind to a house that he knows has someone in it. Slowly and surely though, he kept his feet moving, counting steps to know just how far he was moving and watch options he had if this turned into trouble. And like clock work, about twenty meters away, a sniper shot a blast the top of the roof to warn those inside that there was someone outside. As he did, he held his hands upon his weapon. He was always ready to get into a fight if it came to it, but he also made sure that anyone who was inside the house knew that he wasn't looking for a fight, so he held the blaster low and walked slowly. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Gronn kept his own eyes darting as he observed and took in the full scene of what he was approaching. He was beginning to see that what they thought of the situation was not at all, nor was he even fully sure he knew what he was looking at. His HUD showed him Delta, the Blood Prince and long time war veteran. But there seemed to be children present, to which confused the Mandalorian. Still slowly walking forward, he sent Kyr the information he was now seeing and gave him the order to move into a better position, even if it meant getting spotted. 

"Delta, famed war vet of the galaxy and leader of the Sith forces... What brings you to Concord Dawn?" The question was an honest one, as he was certain that Tros would have known if the Sith held any interest in Concord Dawn, or if there would even be a power play on the planet. He hoped that they weren't being tracked and watched, or being setup. He kept his blaster low, but refused to put it away now. Even with children present, Delta was dangerous if he decided to act. 

Gronn narrowed his eyes behind his buy'ce. The man before him felt confusing to him, as he was not whom he expected. Not at all like what he was made out to be from every holofeed he had ever seen on the man. He felt like something new to him, almost like a restart, to which he even hinted at as he spoke. HIs own mind raced n what they should do as he locked eyes from behind his buy'ce on Delta. After a moment passed, he spoke loudly to Kyr. "Disarm and come down here." 

Without any further hesitation, he put his weapon away and took off his buy'ce, revealing the short blonde hair, scar tattered face. His dark blue eyes held a piercing glaze to them as he locked them on Delta. "Much of Mandalorian space has been war torn and left to rot after the aruetiise went to war against us here. The Mand'alor known as Fett left places like this to rebuild on their own. Many consider out home worlds to be cursed, unable to make it home again." Gronn broke eye contact with Delta and instead looked over the homestead, which was indeed in bad shape. "While not our purpose in coming here, I feel it lines up with what Mandalore the Zealous wants for our people..."

Even as he finished, Kyr walked up, sniper riffle still at his side, but not hold it in a fashion that showed he would use it anytime soon. He kept his buy'ce on and looked over the situation upon arrival. "How does helping line up with the creed?" Gronn didn't even look at the younger Mandalorian. The younger lad still wanted to be a Zealot. He would have to learn to be a damn Pathfinder. 

"Strength is life, Honor is life, Loyalty is life. We  show our strength by helping someone build in an area that is potentially unsustainable. We honor the journey and who he is. We are loyal to any Mandalorian, even if they didn't always walk our path." Gronn took a step towards Delta and extended his hand towards the man. "We can help you build this place up, bring it up to a standard worthy of any Mandalorian to call home."

buy'ce : Helmet

aruetiise : Outsiders

Mand'alor : Sole Ruler

• 4 weeks later...

Gronn acknowledged for a moment what the handshake meant for the man before him. The surprise also for the fact that he traveled with so many children. Never before had he seen anyone from any culture have so many children. Even for Mandalorians where adoption was a normal occurrence, never before had one taken on so many. Kyr clearly was out of place. 

"I wouldn't say neighbours. We're here on a scouting mission for Mand'alor. He wants to make sure that our former space is still loyal and operating well." Gronn looked at the homestead in utter shambles. "And to maintain good living conditions. He would not be happy to see so many of these homesteads looking like this." He called in the others whom he sent back to bring whatever supplies they had to help rebuild the homestead, along with food supplies that would help the family survive.