Concord Dawn

Adi-Wan

Delta's ARC-170 blasted out of Hyperspace above Concord Dawn, Delta immediantly began scanning the surface, and after a while came up with an energy shield originating from a mansion of somekind. Including the power signatures of Auto-turrets inside the Buildings. He continued scanning and figured the shied was originating in the buildings and was covering the inside of the house.

He COMMED the surface to Jaden and his Kin...

"Jaden Kal Corun and Associats, please do surrender yourself to the Powers of Black Sun or be destroyed, I will await your answer!"

End COMM.

Delta lowered his ship into orbit and activated his weapons sytems...

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

"Delta! This is Crosa. What's going on? Thought I would follow you to see if you needed me or if I could help you with a bounty."

Delta heard the the comm and filled Crosa in on the details, including the shields, autoturrets and the like.

Delta Opened a personal comm to Crosa, and maintained it open so that they could talk...

Ca'Aran

Delta listened to Crosa and agreed,

"Well let's go then...wake up time mates!"

Delta flew towards the Kal-Koran residence, Crosa on his tale, and landed outside the residence. He popped the hatch, sealed off his armor, grabbed his gear, weapons, explosives, and his E-web. Crosa landed and grabbed his own gear also. Delta and Crosa ran to the front entrance of the great house. Delta planted a charge on the front door and backed up away from the door and found cover.

Delta yelled into the complex,

"This is your last chance! Surrender of face the wrath of Black Sun!"

Delta looked at Crosa and cocked his DC-17 inspecting it.

I have not fought other Mandos like myself in a long time. These Kal-Korans are supposed to be descended from Boba himself; Boba was kind of my brother since we were both cloned from Jango Fett. Boba and I were the only clones that were not growth accelerated. So We knew each other very well. So these are his grandkids! Amazing, that I am not an old dead man, like Boba. After the Clone wars, during order 66 my, I saved my Jedi commander and helped her escape. I escaped with her, we parted ways and I was put in Stasis by the Kaminoians. After they learned of my treachery for some reason they kept me alive, and I awoke and here I am Years later not a day over 17. It is sad in a way”¦

Delta snapped out of his thought and primed the Detonator. He yelled again at these unresponsive Kal-Korans,

”œSurrender and you will not be harmed!”

Ca'Aran

Blast doors sealed on all sides of Delta and Crosa, and auto-turrets popped out of the walls. One was blasting slugs while the other was busy belching Blaster bolts.

Delta rolled towards the Slug-thrower turret, yelling for Crosa to take the blaster one. Delta hit the wall next to the turret and grabbed the broomstick. He jumped in front of the turret as it stopped to find it's target. He jammed the broomstick down the barrel sealing it off. Dleta jumped away as the turret exploded. The chemotrex exploded as well blasting the room with fire and shrapnel. Delta screamed as shrapnel laced into his thigh puncturing his suit. Fire followed through the hole burning up and down his thigh as his suit sealed, putting out his burning flesh. The expanding gasses from the chemotrex and the fire blew out the blast doors. The automatic fire extinguishers in the ceiling started putting out the fire.

He looked over to Crosa and tapped his helmet indicating that they could not communicate.

He scanned the control panel and followed the commands to activate the auto turrets back to its source. Delta used hand motions to show Crosa to follow him. He followed corridors until they came to what appeared to be a guest shower. He scanned the wall, and found a door.

His comm unit unjammed as he neared the door. He laid two detpacks on the blast doors and backed around the corner.

He detonated them and Crosa and him stepped through the door. And saw a long straight corridor. And a last door, He and Crosa stepped through the disabled minefield and straight to the retinal scan door.

"Open up or you will face the consequences! This is your only way out!"

Ca'Aran

Delta was shocked to see all sorts of defenses pop up and then power down, as his scanners indicated, a ship had just detonated in the atmosphere with two of the Kal-Korans on it, shutting off all the defences.

The blast doors opened and a blade was shoved through the open door. Delta stepped back. And crouched into a firing position, with Crosa next to him. He looked at Jaden Kal-Koran before him, breathing heavy with two Vibro-Swords in his hands.

Delta warned the young man,

”œListen! Your brother and your sister just died up there, and you and only you are left. You sir, have two choices you can die with your brother and sister, or you can live! You can be brought in, And you will be treated well. We will even ensure that your brother and sister are cloned safely, by Black Sun”¦. It is your choice”¦live and let be, or die with no honor and no family. It is your choice Ner Vod...”

Ca'Aran

Delta walked foreword towards Jaden and kicked Jaden's weapons away.

He leaned down in front of Jaden,

"We will show you mercy, If you like it or not, As we go, lets talk."

He turned to Crosa and said, "I am calling the prisoner shuttle the Malta, I should be here soon."

He sent out a encrypted Comm to the Malta, telling it to come down.

He walked to where the control panels where and swabbed them for DNA, collecting it from both Raden and Kylam.

He turned to Jaden and held up the DNA,

”œNow you have something to live for, it is not your fault that your brother and sister died, it is your brother's. But instead of grieving, rejoice! That you will be able to see them again if you come with us, peacefully.”

Ca'Aran

Delta looked at Crosa as he destroyed the mans armor all but his helmet. Delta shook his head. And picked up jaden and diposited him in the Malta's force cage.

"He is all yours!"

Delta put the helmet in the weapons locker in the ship. And left the Malta.

He blasted off into space in his ARC-170....

He sent a comm to Jacen Onnd as soon as he was in orbit.

Ca'Aran

• 4 months later...

Delta awoke...again.

He looked around him and saw that he was abourd the Darkened Stars on the edge of Concord Dawn he quickly got up donned his armor andlooked around again. The medical ward was filled with wounded from the battle on Slevaris...and some kind of battle here as well. he asked around and found that a man proclaimed himself leader and had shot 3 of the more loyal agents.

Delta frownedwhen he learned something shocking, Crosa had left and so had Pic, and Jacen had declared himself leader or something like that...

Delta made his way to the bridge, and being the highest classed agent in this dismal sector took control the few small ships: Malta, Darkend Stars, and a Corevette called Marie, along with a few other assorted smaller craft.

Delta ordered the Marie to be the flagship of the rag-tag fleet.

he made his way to the shuttle bay and soon was on the Marie. And in a few minutes the fleet blasted into hyperspace...

Ca'Aran

• 14 years later...

The Lambda shuttle sped over the open countryside, speeding towards the nearly deserted surface, keeping low to avoid any planetside radar installations the few big cities that the planet still had. The once mighty Mandalorian empire still held strict control of these worlds, and their fleets maintained an eternal vigilance over the Mandalorian homeworlds even as their society stagnated and fell deep into irrelevancy. An Iron clad society of soldiers who rotted away behind their impenetrable armour. 

Why had he once desired to be a part of such a group? The scanners showed agricultural zones, most fallowed as all the farmers who tended them had become soldiers. How could a society afford to keep such a massive army and yet also maintain a stable economy? The answers were laid out before them, and Delta could only shake his head. For there were more important things to worry about than the state of the Mandalorian people. Ca’Aran had to get to ground, to hide, to become non-existent until the flow of the galaxy once again turned its eyes away from the Sith. He had to protect the children that were in his care, and that was all that mattered.

His memories of Concord Dawn were murky, but there were some names that stood out from the mire. The Kal-Korans. Their palatial estate was likely still tucked into the deep woods and as abandoned as he and Crosa had left it. 

Ca'Aran

The Kal-Koran Homestead was a broken thing, the outlying buildings now mostly grown over by stubby foliage, their mud brick walls caved in, and metal roof panels pockmarked with spotrust. Even seen just through two hundred times magnification the place was a graveyard. Two old hulking W-Wings sat on their launchpad, now almost completely rusted to their landing gear. The craters of old concussion missile hits from Ca’Aran’s last visit still showed as deep furrows on what should have been an aethstetic lawn. Now long overgrown and left to the animals. 

A perfect place to hide and ride out the storm of the coming Galactic Alliance. 

Tares took the shuttle in a long banking turn that settled the landing ramp towards the abandoned complex, and Delta slapped the red button beside the ramp, giving them all their first breaths of non Kamino air. It smelled faintly agricultural, as if one of the many distant farmsteads were undergoing a fertilization of one of their fields. Ca’Aran took one breath, than another, and grinned to the pack of young clones behind him. Clones of faces that had no doubt meant a great deal to who Ca’Aran had once been. To the man that had walked into darkness and had not returned. 

What had caused him to do such a thing? Ca’Aran did not know. The flash learning had not brought the last decade of life with it. Leaving much of who he might have been on the table, to be sought out if he wanted to. But for now he knew what his objective was. Protect these young soldiers, and build them a life. 

He strode down the ramp onto the follow field, the talking and chittering children behind him. 

• Like 1

Ca'Aran

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the teenagers were busy unloading the shuttle with the survival gear they had loaded up from the Sith Hangar. While Ca’Aran walked with Æthelflæd and Linebris around the perimeter of the mostly ruined complex. There would be a lot of repairs to be done before the building was anything more than a ruin, and a lot more to be done before it could be considered livable. But still, the bones were good, the architecture a classic from bygone era. He raised his arm and pointed towards a long line of shrubs that had crept up the side of the hill towards the estate. 

“Do you see how many avenues of fire that gives an attacking enemy? Best practice is to give yourself the most cover and those that might try and assault you-” 

Æthe let out a low whistle that cut off his advice, and he followed the line of her eyesight where he could see a figure approaching them. A local by the look of it and not unarmed. Well this was Concord Dawn afterall. Any Good Mandalorian would want to inspect new neighbours. Though there was a quiver of warning in the back of his neck as Ca’Aran wondered if the prior version of himself had met and made enemies of the locals. Only one way to check. 

The crack of a blaster rifle sung out from the treeline, and the two girls beside him fell into prone behind the knee high wall. Ca’Aran himself took a breath and showing bare hands and head walked towards the lone figure.

• Like 1

Ca'Aran

• 2 weeks later...

The name slid off the man’s tongue and the title that followed it gave Ca’Aran more information about his past self than any holonews articles could. Memory loss was an overused trope, and the holofilms were always filled with stories of force users and soldiers waking up to a life they had never lived. It was weird to be in such a story, and so Ca’Aran shrugged his shoulders and lifted his hands up in the gesture of surrender. Whatever his old self had done, and what the news stories had said, the old grizzled version of himself had done quite a bit. He would not stand to defend them.  

“I seek peace for myself and what remains of my family. My aliit. My Clan.” 

Here he injected a bit of the old mandalorian that had been flash trained into his mind so many iterations ago. A non blood related family. A clan. A people fighting for survival against a galaxy that wanted them dead. 

“Many lifetimes ago I had been here, and I wish to start again. A new face, a new life. You are welcome to come up and meet my clan if you wish. But if you stay for dinner we might just ask you to help repair the roof.”

Ca'Aran

• 3 weeks later...

It was nice to think that the Mandalorian clans would accept anyone. Even if their acceptance brought a very dangerous element onto their sacred worlds. Honour would not let them kill a relatively helpless man and a group of children and teenagers, and in his own vulnerability it left open a door that could bring friendship. Perhaps, should luck and good relation hold, they would rebuild a life here and become one of the many faceless clans of Mandalore. And it would start with a handshake. 

Ca’Aran shook the man’s hand and let a smile flash across his face. He gestured back to the homestead and began the walk up the long pathway. 

To say that the homestead was a disaster was a bit of a misnomer. An entire section was burned out, duracrete and durasteel supports left to the open air and rain. But his family was busy setting up a meal, three large pans of food busy being cooked by Linebris and Æthe. It was simple faire, but it would be filling enough to give them all energy enough for a few solid hours of work. 

“Kids, these are our new neighbours. Step up and introduce yourself.” 

All eight of the young men and women introduced themselves, giving a small snippet on what they were trained for. It would be time for dinner by the time they were done.

Ca'Aran