Concord Dawn

Adi-Wan

The cold voice of a droid pours over the cockpit's speakers in the Z-95.

"This is control operator BH-451. You are to pilot your craft to the Sav Hun spaceport. These are the coordinates that you should follow ”“ 123-666-1138. Do not, under any circumstances, deviate from the course provided or your craft, and you in it, will be disintegrated."

Control operator BH-451 then sends a message to the hidden mercenary base, located on the far side of Concord Dawn, and requests that it be relayed to one Rane Scando.

Good going! Darla congratulated herself.

That was the easy part, now she had to try to convince a dangerous bounty hunter that she was someone hed known breifly and had seen die. Plus shed have to convince him that she was worth helping.

Darla realised how utterly alone she had felt these past few months. Not just physically alone but completely barren inside her mind. As she followed the droids strict co-ordinates she began to get anxious. A combination of fear and excitement made her stomach do cartwheels as she decended into the planets atmostphere. At the back of her mind lingered the message she had been given at the fight club and with it the fear that someone wanted her blood.

The co-ordinates lead Darla to a rather empty looking hanger bay. She landed smoothly and waited a few minutes after powering down her ship before she could find the courage to climb out of the cockpit.

Completely masked in a black amoured suit from the clone wars era, Darla try stand up as straight as she could. She'd have to reveal her face sooner or later, but until then she wanted to maintain a masculine appearance.

She waited for Scando to approach,running through what to say in her head.

Rannrsig.jpg

A humanoid being, clad in battered silver and black armor and wearing a black helmet with a vertical red line across the eye area, approaches the being dressed in black armor. The silver and black clad humanoid waves slightly, and nods towards a dark alleyway. There, with one hand clutching the end of a heavy repeating blaster rifle, the silver and black clad humanoid begins to speak. The voice emitted is clearly that of Rane Scando.

"You're the one who flies the Z-95? Of course you are. What do you want, and how many credits do you have to spend?"

Darla was slightly shaking inside her suit. She was a competant fighter yet she feared that even with her lightsaber she was no match for the bounty hunter. But that was not what she wanted anyway, she hoped the Scando would become her ally.

Great, clever move. Youve gotten youself stranded on some strange planet with a notorious bounty hunter whos got his blaster pointed at you!The little voice inside her head condemed her.

Darla removed her helmet and shook out her long black hair. The look on her face betrayed her insecurities.

"Im sorry to have used false pretenses to get a meeting with you. I believe weve met before, you were there when I died." Trying to hold her composure Darla looked staight into scandos visor."I need your help"

With her last words her voice broke revealing the turmoil inside her.

Rannrsig.jpg

The silver and black clad humanoid only stares, not offering a vocal reply. Hand still resting on the end of a heavy repeating blaster rifle, the humanoid shakes his head from side to side, and then steps back. After a long moment, the humanoid speaks.

"Go to Ob Ordeena."

With anguish Darla spoke.

"I need you to tell me what happened! You were there I know you were! Somebody has cloned me....Idont know who and why. You are the only prson Ive seen that I remember from before I died. Its a big lonely galaxy out there and Ineed help finding my Master Tares Vortex." She paused to catch her breath." Somone is after me and I dont know who.Please speak to me, There are things I need to know. idont have enough credits to pay you....."

Is this a good idea? Darla wondered.

"......But I do have this...."

With that Darla produced her newly constructed lightsaber from its concealment somewhere inside her armour.

"Its yours if youll help me. " Darla held out the small metal cylinder in her palms.

She kept her voice calm and steady and fixed her gaze upon scandos' visor.

Rannrsig.jpg

The head of the silver and black clad humanoid shakes slowly from side to side. When the figure next speaks, the voice emitted is no longer that of Rane Scando, but rather of a droid.

"I cannot help you. Go to Ob Ordeena to find your answers."

A Droid?! How come I didnt notice sooner?

Darla pulled back her outstretched hands putting herlightsaber back within its hiding place. Didnt really want to give it up but it was the only thing she had left of value. In all her fearDarla had notreached out with the force if she had then perhaps she would have recognized the cold emptiness of a driod where she thought a man had stood.

Either Rane was sending her toher doom,or he really did want to help and this Ob Ordena was the best peson to talk to.

She nodded her head at the droidthen asked one last question.

"Where can I find Ob Ordeena?"

Rannrsig.jpg

"L-L-Lando."

Smoke begins to drift out of the back of the droid's back. Turning away from the woman clad in black armor, the droid hobbles away.

Lando? Somehow Darla knew the name, it was one as famous as Skywalker....Think!? How the name Lando had anything to do with her finding Ob Ordeena she didnt know.Lando? Lando....? Calrissian! Lando Calrissian! But what that got to do with anything? Aplanet or place connected with him?

Darlas' knowledge of the rebellion era was impeccable, however the ability to make the connections with memories from before her death was difficult.

Think!

She pressed into her memories as hard as she could forcing herself to remember a place that was connected to the name Lando Calrissian.

Cloud city....Bespin!

The Droid had shuffled away and Darla now stood alonein the cavernous hanger bay. Time to head to bespin.

Moments later Darlas' ship was heading away from Concord Dawn.

Rannrsig.jpg

Rane Scando strides up the boarding ramp of his heavily modified freighter, the Shadow Rider, and heads to the controls. The old freighter had been refueled and stocked with ammunition; the Shadow Rider was now ready to ride. The veteran bounty hunter takes the pilot's seat, and starts up his old freighter. Moments later, Scando and the Shadow Rider leave the underground mercenary haven behind. A few more moments later, Scando and the Shadow Rider leave Concord Dawn behind.

• 5 weeks later...

Scando smiles malevolently as Tatooine's Own emerges out of hyperspace near the arid world of Concord Dawn. The veteran bounty hunter instructs the droid at the controls of the freighter to heads for the Elite Mercenary Unit's underground base, and then heads to the back of the freighter, where Ronin Wartide was loafing about and smoking some type of thin white cylinder. Scando nods, takes a seat, and removes his helmet.

"Sorry about your ship, it was necessary though."

After re-entering real space, the dashing rogue piloted the dark gray shuttle down towards the surface of the planet. This was going to be Tekkan Raas's first visit to the legendary base of the Elite Mercenaries and as he expected defenses were heavy. After inputting a series of access codes at the approprate intervals, the young bounty hunter hunter gently eased the starship down in an empty spot in the underground hangar. Walking towards the back of the ship, he quickly exited while the landing ramp was still lowering. Taking a look around he noted immediately that this place was a ghost town, by the looks of the computer logs in had been a few weeks since the last visit to this place.

Since there was nothing else to do, Tekkan Raas did what he did best: sat down, removed a small flask from his trenchcoat pocket and started drinking. He had only taken about four swigs before the computer system activated itself and began beeping, an immediate sign that another ship was approaching. Swinging his heavy repeater around, he braced it against his shoulder and lined up the sight. He soon lowered it, though, realizing it was merely just Rane and Ronin returning from wherever they were. Rising to his feet, Raas casually walked over to their lowered ramp and a sly smile broke across his face.

"Productive day at work?"

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

*Ronin Wartide kept his eyes down and his cigarette clenched firmly between his limps. He smoked it slowly, his fist clenched and his jaw set. Ronin heard Rane apologize at least three times, but he was still pissed. Ronin heard him again. He knew he was saying he was sorry, but Ronin didn't really pay attention to the specific words. Ronin punched Rane in the shoulder quickly and without follow.*

"I loved that God damned ship."

*Ronin Kept silent and stayed in his seat. He wasn't trying to fight Rane, he just needed to hit him once. He tried to calm himself by noting Rane had already agreed to replace it. Ronin would have his laugh when Rane realized how much the ship cost.*

"Damnit..."

*Ronin's cigarette had burned down, and as he had debated smoking the filter, he opted to get another. He pulled out his pack, a small elongated box with the word "Bantha" on the side, along with a picture of the animal. Ronin pulled out another of the long white cylinders and lit it with the burning tip of the first, then switched them out, throwing the filter on the floor of the ship.*

"You're going to get me addicted to these."

*Ronin wondered if the humor in that statement, that he was already thoroughly addicted, would be lost in the moment...*

FinalRONIN.png

"You're going to get me addicted to these."

Rane Scando only nods. The punch to his shoulder did very little, what with Scando wearing armor, but the meaning was not lost on the veteran bounty hunter. Scando turns away, and heads over to one of the freighter's many storage lockers. Scando then removes his armor, and dresses himself in his usual Corellian attire. As the ship touches down in the underground hangar, and the landing ramp extends, Scando nods to his companion and the two exit the freighter.

"Productive day at work?"

Rane Scando only nods. With that, the three elite mercenaries head to one of the base's many little cantinas. The establishment was about half full ”“ the other patrons were all mercenaries as well, and ready and willing to following the orders of their leaders. Scando orders a large bottle of dark liquid, takes three glasses, and then heads to a dark table in the corner with Wartide and Raas.

"That little stunt earned us a cool little sum. We're not going after that Jedi Knight ”“ our orders were to hit the Death Strikers; the Jedi Knight was a ruse to avoid suspicion. For now, we drink."

Rane Scando and Ronin Wartide head back to Tatooine's Own. A moment later, the freighter leaves.

• 3 weeks later...

After sitting around and really amounting to nothing, the young bounty hunter downed his tenth drink of the evening and rose to his feet...only to drop right back down into the chair. It'd been a while since he'd gotten trashed like this, his body's tolerance was surprising lower then it's usual alcohol stamina and he was paying for it now. Immediately he raised his hand to shield his eyes from the suddenly augmented light...atleast from his position.

"Damn, was it always this bright in here?"

Like a blaring siren, his comm went off with a message from Rane...figures, he's hammered out of his mind and there's a mission to be done. Once more standing to his feet, this time a bit slower, he "gracelfully" swaggered towards the exit of the small bar and headed off towards his ship. As he half-stumbled up the landing ramp of the borrowed Llamba Shuttle he headed for the cockpit and plopped down into the pilot's chair. It took him a few moments for his sight to regain its clarity from its hazy state, but he finally managed to get the aged ship's engines on. Blazing through the atmosphere, the starship pierced the lower reaches of space and with the pull of a lever the ship ascended into hyperspace. Destination: Tatooine.

"Auto-pilot...how many times have you saved my drunken ass?"

And with that Tekkan Raas collapsed in his chair in an attempt to sleep off the effects of the alcohol, or atleast kill the edge so he could work without a migraine.

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

• 4 months later...

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

Spaming...nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hartel awoke from the strangest dream. He was completely at peace with himself over these past few days in his dreams though they seemed like hours to John. He dredged himself up and saw that he was in a plain Jumpsuit. Where was his suit of armor? Where was his Jedi Cloak? Where was he? John looked up to see the sun rise above a field of crops adjacent to the building he was currently inside. He had seen this place before. His father had brought him here for it had the best food in the Mandalorian Empire. He was on Concord Dawn, a small farming colony of Mandalore.

John walked for a bit and wondered. The last he remembered the Force was completely cut off to him. John centered himself and he could feel the current of the force rushing through his body like an endless tide. He smiled and made his way outside the door of his room. He saw a woman there, a nurse by the looks of her, who bowed slightly to him.

”œMy Lord, you are finally awake. Thank goodness, I had grown worrisome.”

• 5 months later...

The StarViper spliced into the system of Concord Dawn within moments. It floated above the rural world for a moment as Hartel gazed on it with ease. Moving forward he descended toward the planets largest city and landed there.

"Concord Dawn, the only home I have left really, Ordo is dead to the world but this is the last Mandalorian Sanctuary. C'mon Xae, lets go find ourselves a new ship for us."

Hartel exited the ship at once and grabbed his credit account information and the like. The air around here was pure and the light side dominated the atmosphere. John moved toward the Ship Merchants int he eastern quadrant of the city with Xae on his side holding his hand. They moved through a bushel of crowds before they finally made it to MandalMotors.

There is where John saw it. A Crusader-class Corvette, large enough for anything he would ever embark on.

"How about that one Xae? Does it look big enough to accommodate the two of us...and R2?"

Xae-Lin Ardel was lost in absorbing all she could of her new and vibrant surroundings. Everywhere she looked there was something new to see. However, she was not so lost in the enthralling environment that she forgot to keep her hold on Hartel's hand.

Along the street, children ran about, playing mock combat games while the adults were busy in the shops and booths that lined the bustling square. As they passed an area that appeared to be some sort of bar, she noticed two men in armor similar to her masters sitting at a table, deeply engaged in a serious conversation.

The air was pleasantly warm and the smell of agriculture permeated the breeze.

It saddened her to hear that his birthworld was no longer a place he could return. She wondered what had happened and decided that that particular topic was better broached when the two of them were somewhere private.

Xae was so engrossed in being around people again that she barely heard his question when they reached the shipyard. After so many months of quiet, she almost found the ruckus din of the marketplace overwhelming. It took her a moment to register that she'd been addressed.

”œHuh?”

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

John stood there in a gaze at the beautiful woman to his right. She could not have been more wonderful in this environment, someday they would have to make a home here together. It seemed to suit her very well. It wasn't as wonderful as Ordo, but it was close, friendly, and Mandalorian.

Looking more at Xae he wondered what she would think about his thoughts of their future. Their love and the like. John wanted her, and this planet is the prime spot for her to join the Mandalorian way of life.

"We are looking at this ship Xae. I'm buying a ship for us."

I Love You Xae

Before john knew what he was doing his thought burst from him and probably was sent to Xae before he could stop it. She undoubtedly heard the words in her own head along with the emotion John felt at knowing she trusted him. To avoid eye contact, John moved over to the merchant and began to speak to him in Mando'a.

"I would like to purchase that Crusader-class corvette good sir," said John, his tongue a bit harsher compared to Basic but to a Mando'a fluent being very elegant, "How much would that run?"

"For you Lord Hartel," said the Merchant in an even sharper tongue, "I would give this away."

"I will graciously accept your offer. And for your great help take this,"

John pulled out an envelope which encased 500,000 credits.

"I am going to need modifications on this ship someday, I hope that will cover any supplies needed to be ordered."

The Merchant looked blank. He knew that the money was more than it cost for him to build that ship 5 times. He smiled in thanks and led Hartel to the ship so they could see the inside.

"C'mon Xae, lets go see our new home away from home."

For the first time in her life, Xae-Lin heard those words. She stopped for moment to consider the feelings that came to her with the message.

She trusted John as well, and it surprised her how easily he'd been able to put her at ease enough to allow her to drop her shields. It had taken Kyp nearly two years before she had come to trust him. Part of her that had been honed in the hatred, manipulative, and dishonesty of Dathomir's wilderness, warned her to not be foolish, to not open herself up as she had been doing over the past few days.

A larger and growing part of her overruled that voice. Kyp had shown her that people could be trust worthy, and the reward of friendship and companionship was well worth the risk of dropping her barriers.

If Xae allowed the past part of herself to have hold over her, she was choosing to live her life in a constant distance from those around her. She'd spent more than enough time alone and distanced, as far as she was concerned.

The young woman looked within herself. She felt at peace with John, felt safe, and knew in her heart that she returned that love. She knew that the bond was there between them. It was up to her to decide whether or not she was going to honor that bond.

As the two men conducted their business a language that Xae found herself captivated. She loved the flow and intonations of their exchange, it was the first time that she'd seen her mentor in his natural element or heard his native language.

When he turned to her and offered his hand, she took it, giving it a small squeeze as she wasn't sure what the customs were with his people in regards to signs of affection and she didn't want to do anything that would offend anyone by mistake. As she met his eyes, she knew that he could easily read the emotions of love behind them.

You know, that's the first time I've ever heard that.

She smiled as the two of them entered the shuttle. It was a lot bigger than the Redemption. The area they first entered appeared to be some sort of common or recreation area, complete with an eating area and kitchen, which immediately caught Xae's attention and she smiled.

I guess by now you've figured out that I love to cook.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

John was taken a back by her emotions which streamed off of her like a waterfall. It was cataclysmic and John's heart felt purified of all the evils he had ever done in his past. He loved this woman, nothing in this Galaxy could ever change such a fate. His knowing of her affection made him leap with joy on the inside and he took her hand and escorted her to the ship.

The interior was not very Military standard, it was superb, beyond that of any normal ship. It had luxury upholstery on all the seats and cofas, the Captain's bed was large and would do fine for Xae. If she chose, he would sleep in there with her too. But that is her decision. John would sleep on the deck if she felt more comfortable that way, anything for his love.

When he saw Xae sparkle at the sight of a proper Kitchen he smiled.

"I guess I have found out about your cooking interests. Perhaps I can show you a recipe my mother passed on to me tonight."

John looked to the merchant and began to speak once more in Mando'a about how thankful he was for the ship and what paperwork he had to sign.

"Oh," he said switching his tongue to Basic, "Xae, I need you to cosign this registration form. For Our ship."

John finished with a sparkle to his voice. The fact that they were co-owning things was marvelous.

Xae nodded, as she signed her name. It was reassuring to know that she'd have a place to call home.

How do you say ”˜thank you' in Mando'a? she asked through the force.

psvBwny.jpg