Concord Dawn

Adi-Wan

Okay, guys, I want to go to Myrkr to harvest some Ysalamir. We are going to need them when we go up against the Jedi. I have already plotted a jump, and I am feeding you the numbers now. Let's go, the three of us should be able to harvest them, but the rest of you can meet us there if you want

Mike ended the comm, and the three ships simultaneously swivelled and kicked into hyperspace.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

A message comes in from Tatooine. The base's computers decipher the message's encryption, and then relay the message to Cooper RavenHawk.

Attention Cooper RavenHawk, this is Captain Rane Scando... I've seemed to come across some Jedi on Tatooine... I'm going to need back-up ”“ fancy making some money? The Imperials will pay big for these guys... Come as quick as you can.

The Shadow Rider came out of hyperspace above the planet, and sent a tight beam pulse transmission to the base. Below, on the planet, there was a rumbling as the doors to the landing bays opened, and the Rider was piloted down to it.

Mike exited his ship and went out into the bar, sitting down and ordering a strong beer.

He reclined back in the chair and savoured the flavor of it.

He would start a higher level of training, but first, he would relax.

After several days of boredom, Mike leaves the base, craving action.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

*The Kami streaks through the atmosphere rapidly, touching down on the ramshackle landing pad. The landing ramp extends a few linutes later after performing the necessary security checks and standard counter-surveillance sweeps of his craft. Satisfied his ship is clean and secure, yet still somehow vaguely troubled, Geki activates the onboard security systems and disembarks. Left in one of the four holding cells is a apprehensive and recalcitrant prisoner, a low-level Imperial officer from a secluded Outer Rim world still holding loyalties to the overthrown Empire and the deceased Palpatine. The Officer had asked too many questions upon the bounty hunter's return. Never one to pass up an opportunity for cold, hard cash, Geki had quickly subdued the isolated Imperial and stashed him in the holding area. Unsuprisingly there we no bounties upon the Imp's head- low-level Imp Officers were still relatively common even in the post-Imperial era, and nobody much cared about them one way or another.

The Imperial had been kept well-fed and watered, and so was in good health. Geki knew that needless sadism was a bad trait for one in his line of work, and in any event held no antipathy for Imperials.

Geki enters the base's mess hall and consumes a sparse meal quickly, the bland food holding little appeal. When he has finished he activates his comlink and reaches Mike's personal channel.*

Mike, something about that guy back in the Last Call is bothering me. Call me an old paranoid if you like, but I have a bad feeling. My contacts have probably dried up in the time that I've been gone, so I'd appreciate it if you put your feelers out, dug up some dirt on him. Nobody checks a couple o' nerfherders like us out unless they have good reason to. Get back to me when you have something.

*With the comm finished, Geki returns to his vessel. He enters the small, serviceable sleeping quarters, and quickly strips off his battle armour and trademark hooded black cape. As the hood is drawn back the full effects of the Prometheus Virus are revealed; Geki is human, with nondescript close-cropped brown hair. this, however, is not what is remarkable about his appearance; scar tissue is visible on his temples, the skin puckered and dull. The eyes, once an uneventful blue, are ravaged by the attack of the virus and the counterattack of the nanites. Subsequently they are bloodshot and littered with grey "veins" and small metallic implants, the result of protective drugs released into the ocular cavities to fight the virus, and various nanite clusters deployed to enhance vision.

The heavily muscled body has also seen its share of hardship. The chest and shoulders are scarred, the ravaged battlefield of the incessant war between man and virus. Sporadic metallic implants are dotted across the torso, constantly injecting pain-killing medicines and performance enhancing drugs into the hunter.

Geki pulls on a light grey gi, a relic of the obsolete Order of the Balance. He takes a heavy blaster from the locker next to bunk and thrusts it into the belt of his suit, turns, and leaves. He proceeds to the holding area barefoot, and comes upon the hapless Imperial, seated on the bare metal bench in his cell. The Officer's cold, officious look never leaves his face in spite of the scarred vision before him. He stands and regards Geki contemptuously, his arms folding behind his back. He still wore the grey uniform and cap of the Imperial Navy.*

What do you want with me, Rebel?

*Geki's onboard nanites, constantly linked to the ship, transmit a signal to the security system. The cell door slides back with a hiss, without Geki having moved an inch. He gestures towards the landing ramp, his eyes never leaving the Imperial's.*

This way, Officer. And you can drop the "Rebel". I don't choose to have political affiliations, even if there existed such a creature as a "Rebel" anymore.

*The Imperial smiles mockingly, and makes no move from his position.*

You may dispense with the propaganda, Rebel. I am no dull-witted Wookiee susceptible to your mind games.

*It is Geki's turn to smile.*

And you may dispense with the "holier than thou" act, Officer. You are an educated man, so I will do you the respect of speaking frankly. Regardless of who you think I am, you are my prisoner, and I your captor. There is no need for threats amongst educated men, I am sure you will agree. So, will you follow me-

*The Imperial cuts Geki off with an imperious sweeps of his arm and begins to speak. The bounter hunter sighs, tired of the game, and snaps an arm forward, his hand cupping the Imperial's face. The officer steps back and gasps as millions of nanites invade his body via his nostrils, permeating his brain and releasing a soporific agent. He sags and is caught by a powerful arm. Geki slings him over one shoulder, turns, and leaves the craft. With that he turns and sets off into the dense foliage surrounding the base...

*The Imperial swims back into conciousness groggily, slowly blinking his eyes. He rises unsteadily, his head clearing as a nanite-induced alertness is artificially instilled. He rises to his kness, slowly at first, then to his feet. Geki regards him a few metres away. He is sitting cross-legged, a small flask and wrapped parcel at his feet. The pair are in a small clearing in the verdant foliage, perhaps 200 meters from the Mercenary camp. An indigineous bird can be heard calling some distance away. A light breeze stirs the plants around the clearing.

The bounty hunter gestures at the flask and parcel at his feet.*

Would you care for some food before we begin, Officer?

*The Imperial looks coldly at the parcel, and back at Geki. He straightens up into the arrogant pose typically effected by members of the Officer class.*

I will take nothing from you Rebel. Do you what you came here to do. I have nothing to say to you.

*The bounty hunter shrugs and a smile plays briefly across his scarred features. He tosses the food and drink to one side.*

As you wish. Please, sit.

*The Imperial stares impassively into the distance. Geki shrugs again.*

Have it your way. We will begin.

*The hunter straightens up and looks his prisoner square in the eye.*

Now... tell me... who is your master?

*The Imperial doesn't even pause before firing off a textbook answer, his measured, sure tones indicating he has memorised the passage.*

My master is the glorious Emperor Palapatine, keeper of Galactic Order and commander of a thousand worlds and more. He rules over every creature in the Galaxy in his wiseness, and will rule for a thousand millenia more.

*Geki's gaze becomes even more intense, seemingly burning through the other's skull and directly into his mind.*

No. Try again. Who is your master?

*The Imperial begins to repeat the doctrine hammered into his mind by imperial propaganda*

My master is the glorious Emper-

*He blinks. An unfamiliar, alien presence is insidiously permeating his mind. A gauze-like film settles over his vision as the presence subtly manipulates his thought-waves, changing this and that with near imperceptible mastery. The bounty hunter's gaze never falters. A film of sweat is visible on his brow.*

My master is Jidai Geki. His wisdom and sagacity are unsurpassed. He will-

*As the virus takes hold and corrupts the Force-rapport, the delicate scalpel of Geki's will shudders and becomes uncontrollable. Seconds before the Force cuts through his brain and destroys the higher mental functions, the Imperial sees the virus in its final stage; Geki as he will look when he loses the battle. The vision is enough to shatter the strongest mind. The Imperial gives a blood-curdling scream as a sharp, relentless pain tears through his mind, rendering him at once a mindless, gibbering wreck. He slumps to his knees, saliva dripping from his slack mouth, the vacant, mad light of the insane burning in his eyes.*

His face his face his face his face nononononono-

*Geki roars like a crazed Rancor besides him as his own mind is besieged by the corrupted Force-link and the Virus. One hand clasped to his temple, the other is brought down with Force-augmented power into the ground, throwing up reddish-brown dirt. He bellows again as the Force contracts and expands around him. Random tendrils of kinetic energy lash out with enough force to break a Bantha's spine, shattering millenia-old boulders, snapping trees in two like kindling. The Imperial barely grunts as his left leg is completely shattered, the broken femur protuding through his thigh as he is thrown to his back. Geki sinks to the ground and buries his head in the grass.

*Sometime later he comes to, and clambers unsteadily to his feet. Congealed blood cleaves to his upper lip and chin. He wipes it away with a forearm. He hears a soft mumbling, and his gaze shifts down to the Imperial, completely isolated is his all-cosuming madness. A film of cold sweat covers the officer's face; thick, crimson blood has pooled around the shattered leg. The bounty hunter shakes his head slowly. Then he reaches down and, grasping the Imperial's head firmly, twists it around in one fluid motion. The wet snap of the man's neck breaking signals his madness is at an end. Geki turns and leaves the clearing.*

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

As Mike came out of hyperspace above the planet, he had finally compiled enough data from the holonet archives to make a proper reply to Geki's comm.

He took the Shadow Rider down through the atmosphere, and took it in to land on his regular landing pad.

As he disembarked from his ship, he sent a comm to Geki to meet him in the bar.

When he arrived, he sat at a table in the middle of the room, and ordered a Brandy from the 'tender droid.

When Geki entered, he immediately went to the table.

Mike, noticed the scar tissue and disfigurement, but gave them no second thought. He had scars of his own.

"Well, I did some checking on the snoop at the Last Call. As you know, he was wearing a suit of armour that had a distinct Mandalorian feel to it.

"I did some checking, and there have been other reports of people wearing similar armour. The have all been working for Black Sun. Now, this poses no problem for us, since we have no political affiliation, so they may just be trying to scout us.

"All the same, I think we should keep an eye out."

Mike drained his glass of Correllian brandy.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

*Geki nodded, and sipped his own drink thoughtfully.*

Hmm... even so, I don't like anybody snooping around digging stuff up on me. If Black Sun have an agenda with us, I wanna know what it is. I- hold on....

*Geki stops abruptly, and his features take on a air of concentration, as if he is listening to something. The nanites left on the wall of the Black Sun citadel had apparently picked up something regarding a "target". Other than that, the voice on the other end of the link kept quiet the voice, whoever it was, was obviously not a wet-behind-the-ears rookie. Geki concentrated, trying to reconfigure the nanites in Black Sun and obtain a visual, but it was no use; the distance between the nanites and their host was strained as it was. He listened for a while longer; the words "moved to secret installation" were audible. Interesting. The very facility Geki and Mike were currently in was certainly not a publicly-known location. This, coupled with the fact that they were being closely scrutinised by an individual who was most probably a Black Sun agent in the Last Call... coincidence? Possibly. But Geki didn't believe in coincidences. Besides, it would be foolish to ignore this, just in case Black Sun were targeting one of the hunters...*

Ok. According to an audio feed I just got, Black Sun have a "target".

*Mike looked unimpressed.*

Yeah, I know, Black Sun have always got targets... but their target has recently moved to a secret installation... like you and I. We add this to the Black Sun snoop in the Last Call... we might have a problem. Chances are one of us made Black Sun's hitlist, or worse.

*Geki stood, and looked at Mike.*

We'd better check this out. Better safe than sorry. You coming?

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

"Sure, but how about we try the diplomatic solution first. I don't relish the idea of taking on an entire criminal organisation by ourselves. Especially if they are prospective employers. Also, I think it would be wise to take some back up with us, just in case things turn nasty."

Mike walked over to a console on the wall, punched in a code and broadcast a message around the base.

Attention all Mercs. Suit up. We are paying a visit to The Black Sun. Just a diplomatic visit, but all the same, lets be prepared for the worst.

"Give me and the boys some time to suit up, and we will be going with you."

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Alright. But I get twitchy just sittin' around. Contact me when you are ready. I won't make any overt moves yet. What I am going to do is pay another visit to the Last Call and find out about the snoop on our tail. Doesn't hurt to have as much info as possible. I hope to hear from you soon.

*Geki proceeds to the Kami, suits up, and blasts off into space scant minutes later.*

Geki1.jpg

Mike was in his quarters, getting ready, when the comlink beeped.

He popped his helmet on and activated the comm with the tongue switch.

He listened to the message, and remembered that Piccolo was one of the people that Rane had killed. That may complicate things slightly, but the plan would stay the same.

Mike replied to the comm.

Approximately an hour later, the Shadow Rider exitted the atmosphere of the planet and blasted into hyperspace.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

*The Kami enters the planet's atmosphere, landing at the base. Geki disembarks, makes his way to the storage area for the compound's supply of Ysalimir, and takes a single creature. This he fits to a nutrient harness and places in his cockpit. He fires up the Kami and is shortly in hyperspace once again.*

Geki1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry about double post, but it's been a while since the other and it'll look silly to edit it.

*The Tiger Shark touches down inside the base. Geki is satisfied to see his newest ship, the Dai-Kami, waiting for him in the docking area. He walks to it, admiring the sleek shape and new systems.*

Jareth, go pick yourself up some weapons, armour etc. from the quartermaster. Welcome to our mercenary group. When you're done we'll leave.

Geki1.jpg

Jareth browses through the various weapons and armor's available.

He picks out two shortened black katana with a cross shoulder/back scabbard set, and 1 set of 3 throwing knives in a sheath meant to be worn on the boot.

The blasters he was already wearing at his hip were ones he had since his Graduation from prep school back on corellia, and they needed no replacing. He simply wanted more melee weapons.

Glancing down at his jedi garb, he immediately knew he needed new clothes. He outfitted himself in black and red (the colors of the vermillios crest). Jareth tied his long flowing brown hair up into a tie on his head, and with a single black sash, covered his face and the scars he now had around his eyes from the virus.

He affixed the throwing knives onto his boot and tightened the strap. Then

after, placing the shoulder straps holding his scabbards in an X pattern across his back, he placed 1 katana in each, and re-fastened his gun holster about his waste.

He looked no longer like a Jedi. A jedi, something he wanted to be so badly for so long, but now was cheapened. He looked ominous now....like a killer.........a hunter.

Walking back to where Geki was he spoke, "I am prepared for our departure."

OOC: I need to know what to do with my ship (if we're just taking yours)

oh and i guess i need a new sig...hehehe..

• 2 weeks later...

The frieghter lands, letting Myth out as the captain commands a series of droids to unload the ship's cargo. The captain, per request walks into the merc bases saloon and posts the following poster:

Need a new ship? Ready for an upgrade?

Try the Corellian Engineering Corporation's finest with a Correlli Custom. Custom built and designed by the one and only Kheldar vos Correlli.

It's top price, but top of the line. Please expect 2 weeks for completion.

The captain gives Myth a polite nod, then takes off back into hyperspace.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Myth watched as the ship left. Then she began walking around the base. Her memory must be coming back again because things were looking familiar. The path she was taking seemed as if she had walked it a thousand times before.

Without realising it, Myth had walked into the Bases main bar. Droids and humans served.

"My Lady Myth," said one of the human attendants. "It's good to see you back, well recovered. Wold you like your usual?"

"Umm, yes please."

Myth2010.jpg

But I'm out of cheesecake.

Taking over JNet, 1 thread at a time.

JNet Royalty

• 4 weeks later...

A heavily modified Corellian freighter, the Damned One, emerges out of hyperspace near the mercenary planet. The vessel descends to the surface of the planet, and heads to the mercenary base. As the vessel touches down inside one of the many underground hangars, several droids hobble forth to refuel and rearm the Damned One. Rane Scando exits the vessel as the droids go to work. The mercenary immediately goes to one of the control stations, where he calls upon his fellow mercenaries.

A day or two after Rane Scando's arrival, everything is prepared and he is ready to leave. The Damned One lifts up into the cold air, followed by several other mercenary craft. The vessels shoot out into space, and one by one, they enter hyperspace.

• 2 months later...

A lone droid shifts through a mountain of corpses, mostly of soldiers from some long forgotten war, in one of Concord Dawn's abundant mass graves. Few knew of these mass graves; the corpses had rested undisturbed for many a decade. Now, in the dead of night, the droid searches vigorously. After many hours of examining and casting bodies aside, the droid finds what it is searching for ”“ a corpse wearing a suit of rare Mandalorian armor. After stripping the corpse of the old armor, the droid turns away from the mass grave and heads back to the ship from which it came.

Hours later, in the underground complex that serves as a base and haven for mercenaries, the droid stands before a heavily armed Rodian. The Rodian is a guard, and blocks the way leading into a very special laboratory. With one quick motion, the droid strikes the Rodian across the head. The Rodian collapses, and the droid enters the laboratory. The laboratory is crammed with medical equipment of every size and description. One wall is completely lined with huge refrigerated storage units - the droid crosses the room and pillages through the storage units until it finds a large red vial marked Rane Scando. Taking the vial, the droid once again heads back to the ship from which it came.

Minutes later the ship, the Soldier of Fortune, lifts off and heads up a tunnel leading away from the underground complex. Engines rumbling, the ship rockets away from Concord Dawn, and enters hyperspace.

• 3 months later...

The Shadow Rider emerges out of hyperspace and heads to the surface of the planet before it. The ship heads straight for a special underground base, one unknown to most. The ship vanishes a moment later. Sometime later, the Shadow Rider emerges once again, and heads back up to space. At the controls, Rane Scando smiles as he activates the navigation computer and plugs in a few new coordinates.

• 1 month later...

The Shadow Rider emerges out of hyperspace near an ancient planet, one that didn't receive many visitors ”“ Concord Dawn. A dangerous, arid planet, Concord Dawn is home to the assassin, to the pirate, to the bounty hunter, and to the mercenary. Hands dancing across the controls, Rane Scando sets a course for the underground base that had been built long ago to be a sanctuary for the elite mercenary unit of which Scando was a part of, and then switches the freighter over to auto-pilot. As the Shadow Rider dips down, the veteran bounty hunter leans back in his seat and vaguely wonders when Tekkan Raas was going to show up. As the freighter nears the underground base, the emotionless voice of a droid pours over the speakers.

"Welcome back, Mike Attard."

Scando smirks.

Through the endless voids of space a single transmission closes the gap between two beings at the speed of light. The message was clear and simple.

::::Encrypted Comm to Rane Scando::::

"Meet me on Tatooine...I've got some work for us."

::::End Encrypted Comm to Rane Scando::::

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

A rather ancient looking z-95 headhunter exited from hyperspace. Safely nestled inside the cockpit Darla prayed that she been given the right co-ordinates. Hopefully Scando was still here and hopefully she could find him.

Well here goes nothing....

Keeping her identity hidden Darla sent a holographic message on an open frequency towards the planet.

Anyone who saw the message would see a person clad in a black suit of armour, face hidden by an ancient clone troopers helmet. Her voice was slightly scrambeld by the helmets' ancient vocabulator and anyone hearing it would assume she was a man.

"This is a message for Rane Scando, I request permission to land so that I may talk with you in person." Darla quickly thought of an excuse for her being there." I have a business proposal."

That should work, bounty hunters cant turn down credits. I just hope he doesnt kill me when he finds out Im lying.

Rannrsig.jpg