Myrkr

Tarrian Skywalker

End of Week One- Status Report:

12 ysalmaris obtained- 10 Sent to Cardia per orders 2 sent to Concord Dawn. We obtained a vornskr, though it cost us two battle droids. We managed to cut off the tail and tranq it. It was sent to Cardia with the other ysalmari for the Empire to dispose of as they wish.

Ganelon, business attended to, leaves things to his droids for the time and takes of into space aboard his Exael.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." -Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

End of Week Three- Status Report:

Harvest going smoothly, even in Lord Ganelon's absence. We have 24 more ysalmari obtained. Droids hunted down 3 more vornskrs, captured them, cut off their tails, and are going on about training them. 20 ysalmari shipped to Cardia as planned, 4 stock ones shipped to central HQ in Corellia.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

*The Sith Infiltrator dropped out of hyperspace a little ways from Mrkyr. The sleek craft was black against both the night and long range sensors. Lord Ganelon's operation was quickly discovered and he swung wide, to the dark side of the planet to begin his own excavation. His ship landed silently in the darkness. Both the absence of light and life. He was Force-less for the time being. He exited the craft and made for the nearest tree his sensors had indicated. He knew he would find a ysalmari there in the branches and hoped to have it extracted well before the local "garrison" picked up on him. The preassure at his back from his two lightsabers was reassuring, though he imagined it may be easier to use the two blaster pistols he also carried in the Force-less environment.*

Bishop.jpg

Myth felt hazy. Her muscles were weak and slow to respond. With a struggle she opened her eyes. And found herself floating in a bacta tank. Suddden realisation hit her as she remembered the vornskyr attack.

A medical droid rolled across her vision and Myth felt herself being pulled out of the tank.

She was soon resting on a bed. The droid looked at her and in it's metallic voice told her "Your health has improved. You will be able to leave once your strength has returned."

With that it rolled away.

Good Myth thought to herself. I can leave soon, I gotta get back to work.

Myth2010.jpg

But I'm out of cheesecake.

Taking over JNet, 1 thread at a time.

JNet Royalty

OOC: Despite what it says at the top, I'm assuming no actual mods check this anymore to post as the Vorskyn's or to grant aquired ysalmari, so...

*Bishop finished the process of removing the creature from the limb of the tree and gingerly carried it down, dropping the last fifteen feet out of the branches to the ground. Despite what he had expected, no predators had shown their faces. Perhaps it was his lucky night, or perhaps they were all busy with the others on the planet. Either way it didn't matter. He boarded his ship, secured the ysalmari to a nutrient frame and left the planet's atmosphere. The Force flowed to him once again as he entered hyperspace.*

Bishop.jpg

This thread has become a mockery of what it was intended to do. Too many people with access to the Vornskyr - and no one with the interest of upholding their purpose ... to limit NFU abilities to acquire them in such a large quantity, and with no trials or tribulations involved.

I guess the fact that none of these mods (with the exception of Ara) were even around when the Vornskyr were inducted into the RP. Justin, and Mike, I would propose that you start to implement the screen name Vornskyr back into the RP as the natural defense of the Ysalamari. I have the login and password if you need it. Don't abuse the power of the creatures, though ... play them as a separated alias.

-- Greg

"*****, you bettah bring me some muh'******' cone-yack, or i'll keeeeeeeeeeeeell, yoooooo"

After a couple of days of rest, Myth's strength had returned. And she knew she must get back.

She hurried from the medics and off to the hangar where her ship awaited her. Preparing it in record time, she left Myrkr and headed for base.

Myth2010.jpg

But I'm out of cheesecake.

Taking over JNet, 1 thread at a time.

JNet Royalty

• 2 months later...

The Deviant IV exits hyperspace and lands on the remote planet of Myrkr. Or rather doesn't land. Having adequete weapons, he has no desire to face the vornskrs. He lands in a large and stable canopy well away from them, but still being effected by the ysalamiri's Force empty bubbles.

OOC:

WITH THAT BEING SAID, ANYONE COMING TO THIS PLANET TO HARVEST THE YSALAMIRI, WILL HAVE TO FACE THE VORNSKRS.

Because I am not here to harvest ysalamiri, logically I will not be attacked by vornskrs, correct? I think I smell loophole.

IC: Exar exits the ship, and sees that the Force has indeed been strucken from him. The Sith would not allow him to land on their homeworld. Since this was true, Exar decided he will continue to train himself in the Force, in the one place that he cannot use it. This way, he may become more powerful than any Sith alive, strengthening his connection to the Force. Even if he could just as simply as even nudge a feather from it's original flight down to the bottom of the forest, his training here will have been completed. But, of course, the odds of doing that would be slim to none, and would take a very long time, to learn how to access the little bit of the Force that was bound to be present in the planet.

hooj.jpg

(( Ammendment, anyone who visits this planet will get attacked. Even if they are lounging around enjoying a Galactic Pepsi.

And, if you really want a loop hole, Tarrian spelled it wrong. There is no alias called 'Vornskrs' we are the 'Vornskyr'))

IC: A large animal stalked around the edge of the forest, it's senses alert, it smelled a new being in its forest.

A Force Using being.

It let loose a howl, which was echoed from several other points by his brethren. Several more wild Vornskyrs coming into view.

Suddenly, without warning, they silently charged forward.

The lead Vornskyr, the one who had initiated the attack, leapt at the armoured Force User, but he must have made a sound at the last second, for the man turned towards him.

The Vornskyr continued forward, though, tearing the strange protrusion off his back, it landed several metres from the man, and began chewing on the jetpack, which blew up halfway through his meal, completely disintegrating the animals head.

Vornskrs.png

Exar activates his guantlet flamethrower, and sets the trees around him a flame. He picks up a sharpened stick of wood, probably from primitives. He sets the tip on fire, and throws it into a Vornskyr's head, and he listens in joy as it screams in agony.

He turns around. He raises his hand to fire Force lightning... but of course, nothing happens.

"This is the reason I come, to remove my dependence on the Force."

He begins to climb up the tree, jumps off, and lands by a river bank. He picks up a bunch of sharp rocks, and begins to throw them at the predators.

hooj.jpg

SoP immediately feels the vornskryr's powerful jaw lock onto his arm. With his incredible strength, SoP slams it hard into a tree. It loosens it's grip, for only a short second, which gave Exar time to fire a toxic dart into it's head, and killed it instantly. He spins around, and kicks another straight in the neck, fracturing it's windpipe, and it collapses with suddenly losing it's ability to breath. He jumps up, but not as high as he hoped, attempting to use the Force again to propell him upward. He falls down just as another flies at him. He falls backward, and catapults it into the river. He span around, and fires another toxic dart, straight into it's neck, killing the creature.

OOC: Damn, i've encoutered the Vornskryr more than people actually coming for the ysalamiri.

hooj.jpg

As more and more of the Vornskrs fell, the final animal in the first pack punced on the metal man, knocking him to the ground, and whipping it's poisoned tail against the mans neck, again and again until it had gotten through the material sorrounding it, and infected the mans blood with it's poison.

It leaned it's muzzle down to the faceplate of it's victim, and snarled visciously.

Then, as though it were possessed, it got up, and bounded away into the jungle, the fires beginning to be die out due to the lack of fuel in the high-metal trees.

Vornskrs.png

Exar gets up, trying his best to simply ignore the poison, but it is too potent to ignore. He has to get back to his ship. He finds a large piece of wood. He sets it on a rock, so that it could be used to perhaps balance something. He ties one end down to the ground, and on the other, he places a very heavy rock. He gets out a lightsaber, and cuts the rope away on his end, and is catepulted up into the trees. He misses the first branch to grab on as he comes down, but manages the next one. He continues to climb, as surely his enemy would leave him alone, unless it was hungry.

He gets inside his ship, and goes inside.

He turns his ship inside out, looking for an adequete antidote. He sees cures for all sorts of venom, but not for the venom he had. He finally sees a vile of what he's looking for. He get a needle, and immediately injects the antidote into his neck. He drops the vile, and goes into the maintence room.

"Ok, no Mr. Nice Guy."

He gets another jetpack, this time with harder metal on it, loaded with missles. He gets a new helmet, and a new chest plate. He takes his ship down to the bottom of the forest, and fires a concussion missle into the most dense area of detected life-forms. He lands the ship, and fires two shot at the trees with his tail laser cannons. Now that the wood had been burned away from the high metal content of the trees, the lasers ricochet all over, splitting into more lasers, until they hit something.

He exits the ship, and closes the ramp. He takes out his two lightsabers and activates them. Let the slaughter begin...

hooj.jpg

Exar disenages his lightsaber, "I'm training. It's a shame though. I had a method of getting of this rock when I had to."

He uses his jetpack, and flies to his ship.

Upon taking off, he fires several missles at Vauler's ship, making it explode.

The Deviant IV leaves Myrkr, with a few ysalamiri ((Mod approval pending.))

OOC: You've been stranded, you were the one stupid enough to follow me here.

hooj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ganelon brings his Grand Demon Exael Mark II, followed by a large transport, out of hyperspace into the field produced by the sonic generators which keeps the vornskrs safely at bay. Ganelon orders his mech droids to fine tune them, and collects the results from a central computer, reading out the results. It will be almost 16 weeks of harvesting ysalmari at a steady rate, for 192 ysalmari collected as of Wednesday, Of those 160 would be going to the Empire and 4 have been sold off to private individuals, leaving KVC's with a grand total of 28 ones of his own, for breeding stock and other purposes. The blue skinned alien gives a thick smile, flushing his lips. This operation looked most profitable indeed.

Ganelon walks around, overseeing the repairs and work on the defense droids and systems. Then smiles as he sees a Golan defense platform set up from the transport in orbit to further secure harvesting operations. Ganelon watches as a large vornskr, lured to the edge of the field is incapicated and brought down by tranquilizers. Tail cut off, the beast is loaded onto a transport for training and sales. Ganelon smiles grimly, noting that Cardia remains the largest purchaser of these animals. Satisfied, he files a status report and takes off into space again.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." -Mark Twain

When darkness falls drops out of hyperspace just above myrkyr. Already the Sith could feel his force ability dwindling. It didnt concern him too much. He had enough combat training before he became a sith to get past this.

The ship pulled down into the forestation blasting a small area of vegitation in order to make a landing. He landed the craft gently on the soft newly cleared greenary. Running a hand through his hair he moved it across the consol activating the ground defense gun on the undercarage of the gunboat...this would assure him goodnights sleep when not hunting. The doglike predators of this area were bound to be drawn to what remained of his force signature.

Grabbing several armaments and restrapping his combat armor he prepared to set out. His usual assortment of knives with him, a small blaster, dart gun, and his lightsaber...with a nice addition of Master Tisserand's own blade as well.

He focused on his task at hand trying to find where he felt the force least to search for those damned lizards. He would be able to find them faster most certainly...but he was doomed to find more of the houndish beasts also.

The forest foliage soon closed around him as he submerged himself into it.

((edit note: nvm im back on mimban found this was useless im not here.))

ABADDONFREEDOMISNTFREE.gif

Father Bad Touch, Dark Priest of the Lords of Hate since Sept. 2003.

Chacter Sheet

• 1 month later...

The former Sith guardian felt his force sense tingle away. It didnt bother him that much, he thought about it as he looked back at the imperial. The young officer had gone to sleep and would stay that way.

Zuloth put an I.V. of anesthetic into the arm of his captured prize. He also placed a small device on the back of the young Lt. neck. He would not awaken.

Checking the bonds briefly Zuloth took the only key with him. A small card hooked securly within his various weapons and possesions he carried on his person.

Zuloth gave his security droid a look and the droid spoke a quiet aknowlege ment. The ship would be safe while Zultoh went for out to collect what he wished.

He opened the ramp and stepped out. Once a good distance away he activated the defense mechanisms both within and outside of the ship. Its dark color adding stealth to its position.

Since all the actual power on the ship was off, it would be impossible to find on the planet. He smiled.

The perfect place to hide a ship.

Taking proper tools and various weapons he moved effortlessly through the forest of mykyr.

zuloth.psd.jpg

Siege Bushido Ryu

Way of the Righteous Warrior

Deep in the jungle, a pack of vornskyrs hunted.

They drew upon the unwary Gand, watching him, feeling his presence.

This would be a grand meal.

The lead vornskyr leapt forward, tackling Zuloth.

It's mouth opened, and it got ready to crush the beings skull in it's powerful jaws.

Vornskrs.png

Zuloth turned on the ballls of his feet as he saw the lead Vornskyr charge him. He tried to move to react but his thick armor and enviornmental suit slowed his movement. He rocked back on his heels and fell to the ground with a crunch. The thick undergrowth crackled beneath him as he rolled to get free.

Zuloth must react fast. His raspy voice echoing in his helmet. He often talked to himself in battle, the result of many eccentriccies he had developed over time.

Putting his left arm out, he let the doglike beast chew on the armor. He watched the tail carefully being ever wary of its movements, as he did so he saw the rest of the pack was coming...he knew he had to retaliate fast.

Drawing his light blaster from his hip. Firing a red bolt into the beast, it howled as a superheated hole appeared through its left shoulder and ear. In one fluid motion he placed the blaster back to its magnetic hip holster and removed a vibro blade.

Twice the size of the most Vibroblades it was a had a grip designed specifically to his size. The blade was designed to be easier to manipulate with his body mass. His steps and posture positioned the sword more than his arm did. A technique used by escrima swordsmen.

Zuloth knocked the creature in the head with the hilt and was up and at ready by the time the pack approached. His heavy repeating rifle now in his left hand pressed against his waist and shoulder.

zuloth.psd.jpg

Siege Bushido Ryu

OOC: I justify this post with both the 3-day(for killing the vornskyrs) rule and the lack of a senate post(yassimarri)...its been over a week. Thus I conclude that I acquired maximium possible yassimarri for an NFU individual. Namely, 5.

IC: Zuloth let his heavy repeating rifle blaze away. It shook through his enviornmental suite. His muscles bulged as he maxed the rate of fire tearing deep into the flesh of the vornskyrs. The pack howled in agony falling into the brush as they were cut down by superheated beams of red green light.

The blaster bolts continued to fly into the corpses once they had fallen. The creatures were known for resiliance and intelligence and Zuloth would not be taken off guard again.

Lowering his weapon he saw a strange tree....no the tree itself wasnt strange. The tree had not been visible before. It mus have been hidden behind the brush that some Zuloth's wilder shots had cut into. Revealing a great treasure.

It was covered in yassimarri. The small scaly creatures clung to the tree like insects to a flower. He harvested them carefully placing them on custom made nutrient frames designed to enhance their force bubble.

--------------------------------

Somedays later back on his ship he had mounted them as he wished.

1 was placed over his holding area. Above where Lt. Macleod still lay.

"Hello officer."

He didnt wait for a response before locking the hold back up.

He mounted (1) another on a custom frame attached to his snare rifle....He smiled.

Then he placed the remaining 3 in key points inside his ship, perhaps to be used later.

-----------------------------------

The Darkening Mists flew off away from the planet and into hyperspace.

zuloth.psd.jpg

Siege Bushido Ryu

• 2 months later...

From orbit, the Night of Vengence scanned the surface of Myrkr. No one else was there. He could scan thousands of Ysalamiri already, and a whole lot of Vornskrs too.

The ship landed silently, Fett trying to draw as little attention as possible. He stepped from the ship. He would have to last a week here, a task requiring strategy. The twenty BS operatives filed out after him.

He stepped into the jungle, still as silent as a Tusk Cat. He quickly spotted an Ysalamiri. He had four operatives move to remove it, while the other sixteen and Fett waited in defensive formation and posture for the arrival of the Vornskr. He hoped Bles would arrive soon, as well.

Bles ship comes out of hyperspace above Myrkr. He scans ShadowFetts ship and unravels a string of curses in Trandoshan. He pilots the ship to a small forest a few yards away and drops off his men with enough equipment to survive. He leaves the ship there and unloads his speeder. He loads it up with all his equipment. From small blaster pistols, to thermal detonators, Bles was prepared. Or so he thought.

He preps the speeder and heads off for where ShadowFett had landed. He reaches the area in time to see four operatives taking down a creature. He unloads his weapons and leans them against a wall. He begins constructing a forttress from downed trees, somewhere they can defend from. He positions the heavier weapons near windows and lays some explosives near the door.

The trandoshan walks out of the door and begins laying traps to stop the vornskers from getting close. He begins constructing pits filled with spikes tipped with poison. He places charges between large clusters of trees, and blows them. He uses a combo of smaller charges to roll them to a point so they create a long tunnel, which is the only to get to the door. He sets up small antipersonel guns on top to fire at anything that crosses their path.

He walks back to the cabin-of-sorts and picks up his bowcaster.

"Thats how you harvest ysalamiri."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The five operatives that Bles dropped off had not the same resources so they improvised. Three were armed with 2 DL-44 Blaster pistols and 2 E-11 Blaster rifles, while the other 2 were armed with 2 Westar pistols. They two would grab the ysalimiri and place them in a cage on a hoverpallet.The hoverpallet had a special program installed on it. As soon as all organisms loading things onto it had been killed or died of natural causes, it would return to the Wookie Slayer. Bles would recive a message on hi wrist commnicator that it had returned.

(I will rping the firve operatives. Vornskers can attack this group.)

Darth-Garou.jpg

The four operatives pulled the Ysalamiri down from the tree and put it onto a nutrient frame. The quickly found another one and started working again.

ShadowFett remained on guard, even wondering why the Vornskrs hadn't found them yet. His Westar-34 blasters were drawn and aimed at the slightest noise in the surrounding forest.

Eyeing the group of Black Sun operatives, several Vornskrs surrounded.

All of a sudden, without warning, they leapt forward, and all hell broke loose.

About a dozen of the wild animals attacked at once, three of them being immediately cut down.

But the rest of them got through, and began tearing operatives to pieces, within minutes, the numbers of both parties had been halved.

The rest of the Vornskrs growled, and as though they shared some sort of telepathic link, they all turned and attacked Fett.

Their jaws snapped and their tails lashed as they began gnawing on the arms of their opponents.

They had tasted his kind before, and the arms where the most dangerous parts of a human. Better to take them out first.

Vornskrs.png

ShadowFett finally caught his first glimpse of a Vornskr as it was slaughtering some of his operatives. Now he couldn't have that. As they all turned and faced him, he thought, "Oh, crap!"

Whipping out his vibroblade, Fett rolled sideways, many of the Vornskrs that had lepst at him collided in midair with only each other. Only his arm suffered a scratch. And all the animals were on the same side of him now.

He slached three times with his blade, and three of the dogs fell. Then he bought up his arm as if to ward off a blow, but four short-range blasters mounted along the gauntlet suddenly sprang into life, each spewing laser power at ridiculous speeds.

With all of the remaining operatives killing every Vornskr within reach of them, it wasn't long before the last one was all that remained of this pack. Fett glared at it. It leapt at him. He side-stepped and turned right, so it was leaping right across his path. Holding out his vibroblade and passing it through the length of the beast spattered its blood over his dark black armor.

"There may be more of them!" he called, "I need you to harvest double-time, and move into a more defensive position. Losses are not acceptable beyond this point!!!" The Mandalorian knew that they might, perhaps, indeed lose more men, considering they were not even a third of the way done. But it was his job to motivate his men and they would follow him to death if necessary. "For Black Sun!" he called.

His arm was fine, but he dunked it in bacta to help it heal. Eleven of his operatives remained, one wounded. He took a bacta dump as well. Soon the party was back to operational, only the strongest remained. They boxed Fett in, obviously not wanting to lose him, though he would have himself die first. "Of course, Piccolo wouldn't exactly like me dying, would he?"

Bles says to ShadowFett.

"Im sure he wouldnt mind you dying. Next time, leave me some."

Bles walks out and begins to reset his traps. The trandoshan sees 5 had been spiked before they even attacked. He smiled. They worked and they worked well. He pulls the string tight again in case they attacked again. He re-adjusts the antipersonel blasters. He notices none had gotten clas enough to trip the mines.

He moves the mines aout five feet out to exted their reach. He also sets up auomatic repeatoing E-Web blasters to fire upon movement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group of five Black Sun agents wotking personally for Bles have now collected two ysalimiri. They continue grabbing the creaturs and watching out for Vornskers.

Darth-Garou.jpg

"I'll be sure to," ShadowFett decided. "Hopefully, there won't even be any more."

The operatives brought down another Ysalamiri and started on two more. Fett decided that if a large group of Vornskrs attacked, he would need a different weapon. He armed his rail detenator, capable of killing up to three of the beasts at once. He would just have to avoid hitting friendlies.

He knelt and put his gauntlet back on, with a slash mark through it. Luckily, the flamethrower had not been disabled.

EDIT May 31: Fett continued to wait as four of the operatives continued to capture the Ysalamiri from the trees around them.

He was glad they hadn't been attacked again. But he doubted his luck would hold.