Nhagathul

Tarrian Skywalker

A swirling in the sky was the only announcement of the mysterious vortex. It could only be described as a slash ripped right out of space. The black hole stayed open for seconds before it vomited debris and other random space junk.

Only a careful eye would have picked out the small, sleek, silver form of a ship tumbling about, obviously out of control.

Inside, the pilot was slamming around just as violently.

The ship eventually collided with the ground, sliding into a vicious halt.

Var was only temporarily stunned; after the initial crash, he bolted upright within the ship.

Everything was damaged; the only thing that mattered was to which degree it was damaged.

At least the thing is still upright, he thought.

Var took in a quick assessment of the destruction. The Knight himself only took a sharp blow to the head; blood flowed freely just above his left eye. He still (thank the Force) had both sabers, neither of which sustained any damage. Avararda decided to take an outside look at the ship. He moved over to the controls console and hit the landing ramp button. Sparks flared from the machine, but that was the only effect. He could hear the ramp attempting to lower, but he knew it was in vain.

Sighing, he removed one of the sabers from his belt and ignited it. The hilt instantly rose a few degrees, but the heat was welcomed. The green saber sliced easily into the cheap material the ship was made from. Within seconds, Var was out.

Although he was blind, the Jedi knew it was much better inside. The world he was in now was made purely of chaos and evil. The minute he stepped foot outside, he began to feel suffocated. He crashed to his knees and gripped at his throat. Finally he was released from the torment; Vomit exploded from his gut and splashed all over the ashy ground in front of him.

Once his stomach was empty, Avararda rolled over onto his back, groaning.

The Jedi rolled over, completely oblivious to all the evil that went on around him. He was concerned only for himself right now, and staying alive.

He groaned again as if the miniscule sound could disperse his immense pain. The stench of the vomit was so close to his face it made him gag some more.

The air of evil engulfed the entire planet; it surrounded Avararda and covered to him like fur on a Wookie. It scorched him like an uncontrollable fire spreading all throughout his body.

Although artificial, the 'fire' was real enough to the Jedi. He tore his shirt off and cast it aside. Sweat covered his chiseled form. He screamed in pain.

The roar, however, was cut short as a spike of hatred pierced through all other feelings.

"Sith..." he muttered.

He lifted his head, momentarily oblivious of the fact that he was blind.

Avararda gritted his teeth and emitted a Force-pulse, hoping to locate the source. The pulse flourished for one grand second before imploding, only adding to the pain he felt.

Avararda's eyes widened before each and every kick. The first one connected solidly with the Jedi's chin, snapping his head upward. He culd immediately feel the blood start flowing from the wound. However, the attack didn't stop. Another swift motion from the Sith, and Var's face was stuffed into the dirt.

His blood mixed with spit and dirt, forming a pool of... whatever. It lay not two feet from his vomit.

Wow.. I've never put my bodily funtions to this much of a test, he thought with extreme irony.

The last attack was the one that hurt the most. The apparent lead Sith took ahold of Avararda's hair and thrust his face forward. It connected with the ground hard, resulting in a sickly crunch.

His nose was broken; that much was obvious. Sticky red blood drained out of his face from two major cuts - One large gash and the newly formed hamburger supposed to be his nose. Another smaller cut opened above his eye; the blood flowed from that wound into his black eyeband.

The Sith said some form of trash-talk, but Var couldn't even comprehend the simple threat.

He could assume, however, that the man had commanded the two younger women to leave, or something to the effect. He felt a small connection with one of them, however....

She's a Sith!

He grimaced.

She's different.

That's what she'd like you to think.

I can feel it. She's different.

Remember the last time you had a 'feeling'? Do you remember that the one you 'had feelings for' turned on you?

I barely know her...

A small blow to Var's stomach interrupted his internal battle. Searching hands found his lightsabers, and removed them.

Var wanted to scream. The only thing that came out was a pitiful moan.

"Coward... attacking..."

He erupted in a violent cough before continuing.

"Attacking a man... who is blind... and... defenseless..."

Var actually willed himself to laugh this time. The motion hurt, but he couldn't help it.

"I wouldn't go with you... no matter what you promised. You Sith-"

He coughed.

"You Sith," he continued, "are all the same. Using... dirty tricks and cheap tactics... to win. How about.... you fight with... some honor?"

Var rolled over onto his stomach and raised himself onto his hands and knees. The tied-back portion of his eyeband fell forward onto his shoulder. He spit; the liquid was a disgusting mixture of water and blood.

Truth is... I don't even know why I'm here...

Remember the old ways?

No! I won't go back!

It's coming. You know it is.

I'll fight it. If it kills me, I'll die knowing it was for the right reason!

Do you feel that? She's going to kill you. This is the end, right here.

No! I can survive this!

Look at you, you pathetic lump of meat... Let it go! Become real again!

The woman released him, and he crumbled back to the ground.

However, he felt.. different.

More in tune.

More complete.

Angry.

A feeling rose within him. A dark, morbid feeling.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Yes.... It does.

Avararda rose a little; just enough to stick his feet under him and sit on them. He felt as if a simmering pot was just turned up to boiling within him. A transformation was occuring.

It rose within him until he couldn't contain it anymore. A piercing shriek rang from his throat. From pain, or pleasure, or enjoyment, the cause was unsure.

A memory flashed through his head. Tusken raiders. Death. Fury.

Fury!

He was angry at everything. He was angry at nothing.

The planet now seemed to swarm around him. It seemed to heal him now, rather than to cripple him. It filled him with power. Avararda felt all the hard-earned links to the Light shatter. His connection in the Force was now contained within the Darkness.

He breathed hard, his head lowered. Var felt like he'd just got ten rounds with a rancor. His exposed chest dropped and rose heavily.

He stood up, completely oblivious to all the pain that supposedly engulfed him and unleashed another beastly roar. The planet howeled with him and fueled his own rage.

Var extended the tendrils of Force - his eyes, in essence. He sensed the three characters, but was unsure of which to address.

Var's wounds still hurt, but he was past the point where it crippled him.

The darkness had wound down, but Var knew it was too late. He'd transformed. After all the work he and his sister had gone through, it was all just a waste.

Shye... I'm sorry.. he thought.

The man sat up, grimacing in the short burst of pain, and sent out a Force-pulse. As far as he could tell, it was only the inexperienced one. He rested his arms on his uplifted knees and let his hands drop.

He spit on the smoldering ship - this one was more blood than anything.

He looked up as she spoke, and laughed.

"I'm a wreck. You could do whatever you want, and I"d be a pushover. Frankly, I'm waiting for one of you to kill me. I can't say I'm not surprised I'm not a cooling corpse right now."

Why do I feel more freedom with this woman? She's the enemy for Jedi sake!

• 2 weeks later...

Avararda rested on his knees with his head bent, drawing long breaths. His face stung, but it was nothing compared to the other beatings.

"You don't think that... the others.. the other Jedi.. they'll come... they'll come for me." He coughed and sputtered.

Var attempted to bring the Light in a healing form. He clenched his fists and brought the Force around him in a swirling vortex. It didn't have the effect he desired. His internal mindset told him that the Force inside him was having a battle of Light and Dark.

He wasn't so sure himself which side he was on anymore.

Avararda breathed a small sigh of relief, thanking the Force for the moments rest. The woman kept speaking to him, yet he had no idea what she got out of it. She wasn't nearly as strong in the Force as the others that he felt, yet he felt different about her.

I've got no other choice.

Another sigh passed through his bloody lips.

"I... I couldn't tell you how... got here." His brow furrowed in an attempt to pick out the details. "I was flying... and I was consumed.."

He let the Force wander out, tentatively brushing her. Even this small act hurt, thanks to the dark nature of the planet. Things even like rocks and dirt seemed overflowing with darkness. It embedded itself in everything, including Var. He fought internally with every bit of sense he had, but the planet seemed determined to rip his beliefs right out of him.