The Spice Mines of Kessel

Tarrian Skywalker

Okay, Xen Que...your whole first post is totally nulled, which means that nothing after happened either. You first are wearing suits, and the back packs are duel steel. A piece of glass would most likely only bounce off of Hou Jo let alone go through his clothing, his skin, his heart, Kill him, and then also go through the duel Steel, and then kill the ysalimiri. And you only apparently kicked it. You then kick up a piece of metal, and short circuit a duel steel case causing it to Short Circuit. Uh NO. Not only do you do that, but apparently you decided that you had your Caelestum near you to slay the guards as fast as possible.

The Caelestum is not even on the planet. Only what is posted in Reomulas' post is what you have. And that is not listed as being dropped off with you. There are many Ysalimiri on the planet of Kessel, and your force message would not have gotten out. Impede you are not coming to Kessel as you did not receive a message from Xen-Que.

Here is a hint. Not even Master Prophet could escape from here on his own.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

*As he exits hyperspace, Keiran flys the Strife towards the hutt space station. Upon docking, Keiran asks the guards where the highest ranking officer is. He finds out that the Hutt Fleet Commander is in charge of the hutt interests on Kessel ((OOC: He is right?)) and that he is currently fighting a war on Dagobah. Keiran then negotiates with the guards on planet about transporting a load of spice to Whyl on Tatooine. After many hours of discussion, the guards allow Keiran passage to the planet surface where he is to load the cargo bay of the Strife with spice.

Upon reaching the mine, loading droids immediately begin stocking up the Strife for the journey back to Tatooine. After a few more hours the droids report that the hold is full and Keiran's R5 unit, Cypher, reports the ship is prepped for departure. After boarding the Strife Keiran lifts off and shows the proper clearances for him to exit the planet's atmosphere. After flying far enough from Kessel, Keiran inputs the co-ordinates for Tatooine. The computer reports that it will be approximately a 12 hour journey.With that, Keiran engages the hyperdrive and enters hyperspace*

siggggy5ko.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Xen-Que glares at Hou-Jo, and takes the whips out of Hou-Jo's hands. He then look at the guards, "Wow, they look mindless."

He waves his hand in front of the guard.

"Hmm... well, let's go."

Xen-Que walks out of the area and goes to a directory to find a hangar bay, Hou-Jo not far behind...

xqp-1.jpg

OOC: Gee, Thanks Will!

IC: Xen-Que enters the ship, and leaves the spice mines... with some spice. The ship exits the hyperspace, and enters hyperspace for parts unknown

OOC: Ok, something I've been wanting to ask since I was brought here, how can anyone travel to Kessel if it's been engulfed by the Maw? Just a thought.

xqp-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Salkuus blasted into the Kessel sytem at full speed. After studying his datapad, he headed for the appropriate security platform. Having received clearance, he set the ship down in one of the hangars. He showed his ID and waited for the Ugnaughts to load the spice into his hold. He took off again, this time headed for Falleen.

• 3 months later...

Blasgog, a rather obese Rodian, leans forward against the railing before him, and watches the slaves below hard at work. One slave, a small member of the Bith species, perhaps a child, catches the supervisor's attention. Blasgog watches as the Bith drops the tool it was using and then laughs as the Bith scrambles to pick it up. Still laughing, Blasgog checks a device on his wrist ”“ the Bith had dropped the tool five seconds before, the Bith hadn't done any work for the last five seconds, the Bith was done for. Blasgog picks up his blaster rifle, which just happened to be resting against the railing next to the rather obese Rodian. Blasgog aims, and then squeezes the trigger ”“ the blast hits the Bith in the head.

Edited by Guest
leader.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The mines were being readied for the soon to be coming slaves.

"Soon slaves and spice will be the hutts main trade again. Now open a line to Boris and tell him to come to his new job and palace over Kessel."

The three sheild generators around the planet were controlled within the second sheild by a control tower within a heavily guarded Palace. This was Boris' Palace and owned by his Majesty Wyhl the Hutt. This was were the deaths of many had taken place, this is where good died and evil prevailed.

"Shields are up and the golan is at full power. We are ready to begin the assault."

A few Hutt Transports enter hyperspace. The Sheilds closing as they enter.

Now is your time to die...

• 1 month later...

I entered into the space station as instructed, I opened a comm to the defense station.

Comm

I have authorization from thy Whyl. I have the access card right here. I shifted into my pocket and removed the key card from it, and exited my ship as I walked to the main guard handing it to him. He nodded, as I back-tracked to my ship, and put in the coordinates of the mine, I entered into the atmosphere and down to the ground.

-------

The spice was easy to find, but yet, hard. I had to make sure that I had it all in order, before moving out. I removed a big container that was in the back of my ship, and moved into the mine. My speeder was working well now, with the huge pale on the back. I jumped out, quickly scanning the dark mine and nodding in a successful check. I slid the pale against the spice, and removed it from the ground carrying the spice within it's lid. I moved back to the ship, and entered it into a farily large bacta tank, but I had empited the tank out years ago and now it was there for storage.

I poured the spice within the tank, and moved out again, now only have a few more ships before I had to go to Ob Ordeena on Bespin.

-------

Hours passed as I finished my 15 kilos of spice, I set the speeder and the pale into the ship, and moved to the front of the ship, moving up the throttle and entered into space. Inbound to Bespin.

• 3 months later...

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

Spaming...nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

• 5 years later...

The 720 freighter named the Serendipity pulled out of hyperspace near Kessel. It had fully completed the long journey of the Kessel run, which for the crew, had started at Nar Shaddaa, and won't fully end for about another week. Zalis kept his eyes scanning the area as he thought upon the assignment they were given. With the Republic and the Empire engaged in some epic battle in deep space, no force was really around to stop the crew from smuggling out illegal spice from the planets surface. It was almost a steal.

The Nautolan smiled as he thought about his prior times on Kessel's surfaces. His contact here that he would expose for their first contract, and someone that Zalis thought of as a friend. A Nikto whom had help Zalis a few years back get his hands upon some bottles of Idlewil liquor, which was very rare and expensive. The smuggle actually helped Zalis buy the Serendipity. He hadn't seen Nurax in some time, but he knew that his old friend was always up to see a friend and hear them out, no matter the case. Opening the communit for the ship, he allowed his crew to know the drill.

"All right team, we've arrived at Kessel and have been given permission to land near the Spice Mines. We'll need to meet up with a contact before we can receive the goods. Stay alert, you'll find more than the Nar Shaddaa scum on the surface."

Zalis2.png

I spent my time aboard the ship running through programming tutorials, in truth I had been a novice, but with the help of my data pad I had come to understand some it. Without targeting systems or any advanced physical movement systems I was left with the shear basics. So I decided to equip my TX 138 Utility Droid with a sort of premature patrol protocol, there was plenty of space in his head for it anyway; it took so time in the tutorials and eventual copying and splicing of the encryption security software and loading movement dynamics programs.

Eventually I had comprised a rudimentary program that would give some bite to this timid hulk of metal. I programmed myself in first and extensively, since it had visual recognition and danger assessment software from its prior occupation it was easy to compile a file that would allow TX to recognize me beyond simple vocal security such as body mass, color of coat and eyes, and body movement. I did some profiles the captain and gunman, but to a lesser extent since TX should only know not to harm them if the near his designated protection place.

The patrol program also incorporate some defensive measures, a sorta randomizing algorithm that would chose three martial art moves from a library of nearly twenty and implement them in quick succession. However that was only if I, the crew, or the ship was threatened. Other wise he was would revert to low power settings, boost what sensors he did have (which impressive anyways due to his former owners equipping), and patrol the ship and prevent non-personal from entering.

This took, mostly night and day aboard the ship to complete and left my mind boggled and tired, but it was complete and TX was a bit more useful as a guard dog. I over heard the captain addressing us about the surface of Kessel, I pulled out the two blasters and three packs I had, I loaded both and stowed one in TX with the spare pack. I put the other on my belt, now I wasn't the best shot or really any good, I was a pit fighter but if you are packing and looked tough enough you'd be okay.

So as TX motivators and hydraulics whirred to life and began circumventing the ship for the next few hours, I headed to the ramp and waited on one of the crash couches, which I learned early would of been better to be during take off.

eddomarrcopy.jpg

Listen to Yoda, any more, you should not.

Zalis on the communit: "All right team, we've arrived at Kessel and have been given permission to land near the Spice Mines. We'll need to meet up with a contact before we can receive the goods. Stay alert, you'll find more than the Nar Shaddaa scum on the surface."

A voice echoed throughout the ships halls waking me up from my sleep. During the jump I must've fell from my make-shift hammock because I woke up on the floor with my feet still tangled to the wiring. I had woken up like this before, but the last time I was shackled in a ship's brig. In my sleepy haze I reminisced about that time until I had come to reality and knew where I was. In my sleep drunken state I some how managed to get out of the wires with a series of flails and kicks. I then sat up and drained the drool from my breath mask. Outside I could hear someone walking towards the ramp. From the steathly sound of the footsteps I guessed it was probably Eddo.

I then stood up and grabbed my pistol belt and affects from the corner of the room. After fastening its buckle I grabbed my cloak and threw it over my shoulders. After a brief adjustment in my pants I was ready to go to work.

I could sense the ship coming closer to the ground; my ears were popping and my heart could feel the effects of non-artifical gravity once again.

"...you'll find more than the Nar Shaddaa scum on the surface."

Those words seemed to be the only ones that my brain could retain in my sleep amnesiac state. I checked my ion grenades and made sure they were still in good condition. After going through inventory and making sure everything was still in my possesion (Something about sleeping in a vessel with relatively newly met people gave Jervous a scare of theft).

I then made my way towards the food storage room taking a moment to stretch my now sore back. When I got in I realized that this crew didn't have a way with breakfast. Cans were tossed about and there seemed to be no order to where, how much and what kind of food was eaten. It looked like Cracian thumper food was scattered all acrossed the floor.

"If it was my ship I would've stopped to clean it... sucks for Zalis," I thought to myself. I then grabbed a can of space food and munched on its heathly but bitter taste tossing the can into the preexisting pile by the disposal.

Next I headed for the ramp where I saw Eddo waiting in one of the crash couches looking ready for combat and wearing a pistol on his belt.

"How'd you sleep? Zalis says were gonna have some fun on this planet!" I said as I rested my hand on the wall. Meanwhile TX drove by taking an inventory of the crew members. He stopped next and gave me a scan up and down before uttering some beeps and boops and then took off to some remote part of the ship.

I then took my hand off the wall and took the nearest seat next to Eddo and pulled out one of my pistols and starting polishing it.

JervousBalto.jpg

I looked up to see TX running additional visual imaging over the gunman as he walked near the ramp. I hadn't seen him all trip, but he seem to have came out of his drunk daze alright. his speech seemed to be well enough to pass for a sober sentient.

"How'd you sleep? Zalis says were gonna have some fun on this planet!" he spoke with some general concern and excitement. My hopes were that 'Zalis', which I had presumed was the captain, and his definition of fun was not the same that would end you up in messy heap in an alley. Needless to say, some fun would be well received.

"Fine." I retorted. I watched him polish his blaster with a growing sense of inadequacy, obvious it must be his treasure since it was the only thing he kept clean and good condition. I looked back and my blaster was dishevelled and uncertain if it was in any working order. So I grabbed it from my belt placed on the safety and ejected the pack. Then I opened the chamber and double check if it was clear, well it was clear enough. I reverse the process and the sat there quietly waiting.

eddomarrcopy.jpg

"You sure this is the proper description Kaldena? I don't want any more tricks now, ya hear?" A strange shadowed man said as he neared the Serendipity with the careful subtlety of a drunken sailor.

His stealth was usually a lot better, but today, he felt like mixing it up and seeing if the new recruits were thinking on their feet. He decided not to signal any allegiance, because he was after all, not sent here to give their jobs to them, but he felt his duties were a great deal more fun when he invested a little more attention to relaxing a few of the boundaries.

If the men on the ship had keen ears about them they would probably hear the sounds of shuffling, rocks sliding, and footsteps both coming near and circling around the ship; not necessarily in that order. Jaerahn paused for a moment, scratching his thin brown beard, starting to finger a cigarette that, after a few minutes of fiddling, he slowly placed in the left side of his mouth and lit with a cavalier gesture of apathy.

The scraggly figure of a human had to have been no more than six feet tall, with a fairly average muscular build, shoulder length brown disheveled but clean hair, and a rather interesting attitude burrowing itself into the very project he'd been assigned.

He knew the names of the recruits and their body types, so he knew that drifting too long in one place or giving away his knowledge was a little worse for where, but he had to make sure that these men were capable enough to handle the duties set before them. Granted, the Kessel system was all but empty due to the war going on at the moment, but there were still force only knows what, out there on this forsaken rock.

So, Jaerahn paced at a comfortable distance from the ship, keeping his steps noticeable, but quieter than before. He wasn't here to tell them their jobs, nor to tell them his, but he felt it prudent to get a good look at them before he began watching them from afar.

His clothing suggested that of a fellow smuggler, albeit an extremely casual one, who didn't really care about his appearance. He wore a white wife beater that rippled with the tension of his muscles underneath, with large cargo pants that were riddled with tiny holes, and dusty old combat boots that were starting to fall apart.

The only real mysterious thing about the man was his cybernetic eye. His right eye had been replaced with cybernetics long ago, and although many would assume of its importance, Jaerahn had never really met anyone who could tell exactly how effective it was. Well, aside from the ones who gave him the implant.

It was tactical in its own right and could, zoom into intense levels, read life signs, draw thermal scans and bring data off the galactic network into a smaller implant installed at the base of Jaerahn's brain. It was an interesting system that Jaerahn loved to utilize, but, much to his chagrin, it never really helped him with the ladies. It couldn't decrypt anything and wasn't much help when trying to search for people whose information had been lost in archives. It was also not a good tool for hacking and he ended up, on several occasions having to use an actual computer system to hack, because trying to do extraneous functions and computer slicing with his implant always made his head hurt. The implant could perform rudimentary things of that sort, but for actual computer work, he'd have to upload the information from his implant into his data pad and work from there.

Still, the "smuggler" waited patiently outside the Serendipity for the new Hutt recruits to peak out and get a glimpse at the disturbance. At least... he hoped they would.

He could always talk to Kaldena more, if-fin she wanted to talk to him.

Edited by Guest
JfYtju6.png

I did some last minute dabbling on my data pad. I took a blue print of TX and deconstructed it giving my a better picture of how the droid came together. I started on the editing software and and did some customizations, basically taking to rectangles and placing them over the mounting plates on the larger multi-joint arms. In each box I wrote light repeaters; I look over at the skilled gunman and spoke,

"Hey, do you think you can help me mount these, when I get them?"

I pointed to the image of TX with the newly formatted image.

I thought, since TX would have some room in the rotating cylinder and especially in the compartments in his chest, I could if my pay was good, add some targeting computers and complementary reflex processors; not to mention sub-AI reasoning construct, overhaul on all hydraulics, upgrade plating, add a full-encompassing shield generator, advance power core, and power emission modulator; but this of coarse would require an expansion data core to handle the loads of code and if any room left in the cavity of TX's chest, I would stow extra-ammunition, two blaster pistols, and an assortment of grenades. Vibrodaggers of coarse could be mounted on the outside.

My mouth watered and head swelled at the possibilities, but it leave deep holes in my pocket and only if we really need that kinda fire power. Right now I only wanted to know if the gunman had any expertise in gun mounting before captain Zalis emerged from the cockpit.

eddomarrcopy.jpg

Zalis finished up what shutdown he could after making a quick landing near the Spice Mines. He made his way out of the cockpit only to see both Eddo and Jervous standing side by side with some random droid near Eddo. He stood by the ladder well for the cockpit just staring at the two. It seemed weird to him that Eddo had already collect a droid. He is a strange one. Walking past them towards the landing ramp, which was only really a few steps away, and lowered it. Once it lowered he looked directly at Eddo.

"Alright, when we meet up with Nurax, I want you to hang back and watch out for shady characters... besides for us."

He then proceeded to walk out of his ship. He knew that Jervous would handle himself in the right manner, as something told him that the Ubese had done similar work before, unlike Eddo, whom had spent most of his life in fighting circles. He got out and took a moment to scan and remember the old place. It looked and smelled the way he remembered it, which was just rocky, dusty, and cold. He waited for all of his crew to disembark before he started to walk. He wasn't sure, but for some reason, he felt a need to lock up the Serendipity before they left. Maybe it was because he heard some random noises in the docking port, maybe it was a suppressed memory from the last time he was here that had him take to precaution.

Once it made sure that the Serendipity was fully locked up so that no one could enter it, he walked a bit towards the main facility of the Spice Mines. He then turned around once he got to the entrance of the docking port to address his crew.

"Keep your ears and eyes open and about you. Just because we're on Kessel doesn't mean that there aren't thieves whom would love to either rob us, kill us, or steal my ship. I want to protect everything that I can. And seeing as we are working for Dordjooba, he would want us to protect his stuff as well. He all could end up dead if we fail to protect what is his."

He turned his body around to see slight movement within the facility. Turning back towards Jervous and Eddo to make sure they knew exactly what was going to go down.

"Once we're inside, we'll need to find Nurax, whom will most likely know of all things the Hutt's may be interested in. He'll be able to tell us where Dordjooba's spice is."

Zalis then checked his blaster, turning off the stun setting. If he needed to shot something or someone, he would want to make sure they would end up dead. He raised his hand to direct the crew to start walking towards the facility. As they did, he made one last look around the docking port where the Serendipity was resting. Something told him to be worried. I may have to sweep the ship once we get back... He had to push the thought aside. Worrying about a return was pointless when you didn't have the cargo yet. Once he got his hands on the cargo, he would then worry about getting it back to Dordjooba.

Zalis2.png

As we disembarked the ship, I could help feel that the captain who sought me out had little faith in me now. Perhaps he only wanted the incredible strength and senses that were a birth right for my species. I did as he asked I kept several paces behind and letting my senses reach out into the environment around us. It was hard for me to understand what I was detecting, I am so used to things being masked in freighter exhaust and the droning noise of the cityscape, no the was a plethora of smells and sounds I was not accustomed to observing.

Aside from that I was on my best guard, captain Zalis' warnings and his visible uneasiness of the area made me concerned too. My ears picked up resonations from the ship, still settling and adjusting its footings as wells a consist light patter of TX on patrol, Noises came from mine as well, but were even more muffled. I'd pick up more if noise wasn't distracting me; a scent lingered in the air ever so slightly. Not a scent made from machines or processing, but from an organic; the cold must have preserved it long enough to detect, it was humanoid and male, possibly Zalis's contact. If he wasn't presently here at the dock he might have been here recently, scouting for our arrival.

"I smell someone's been here before," I spoke "recently, perhaps its your Nurax?"

I kept my Ears twitching, sweeping back and forth as they made there way to the entrance.

eddomarrcopy.jpg

Missions like this had become common place for the experienced gunman. For several years he lived off of his shooting skills and earlier yet he used them as an infantry marksman developing his talent before he was discharged after a devasting incident. This information he would tell no-one unless the situation called for it. For him it was less about remembering the past and more about forgeting it. No doubt though his movements and form had stayed fresh and unforgettable continuely re-enforced through the memories laced in his trigger fingers which Zalis had already taken note of and Eddo briefly experienced when those two blasts whizzed past his head.

As Jervous stepped down the ramp he explained the complexities of adding a series of armanets to the droid. Through talking and hand-motion he described that in order to automate the firearm, one would need to splice wires, physically mount the weapon in a convient yet effective place and write a program for TX and hope that it doesn't blast your head off in the process.

"Now pre-existing codes do exsist but adapting them to the TX is where the challenge comes in. I've modified plenty of ships with new armanets but the complexities of dealing with retro-fitted AI does add a certain degree of difficulty..."

Jervous continued on this thought for a while before his speaking dulled down to a slight murmur as he looked around and took in the new enviroment. One could vaguely hear sounds reverbirating from the complex they were on their way to.

"Smells like spices... this entire planet must have that smell."

It was a strong odor that if wiffed without preparation could easily take you a back, however due to the overwhelming amount that this planet was known for, your senses would soon adapt and you wouldn't notice it at all.

After the disabling effects of the spices, Jervous's instincts took in and he immediately scanned their surroundings with his mask, looking for body heat, chemical compounds, and animal tracks.

"My scanners aren't picking up anything, if there is somebody out here then they definitly know what their doing."

After taking a long look at his ship Zalis turned and led the way. He was nervous, not so much about the characters we may run into but more so the state of his ship. It was his lifeline, and now it was also ours. Even if any of us had ill thoughts towards each other, we were all tied to the same ship. For the moment the ship had become our mutual suvival tool, our friendship.

JervousBalto.jpg

Jaerahn watched with potential amusement, but slight irritation building under his bushy brown hair. Observant this lot, eh?

They ignore perfectly audible knocks at their door and then they just walk away without pausing to see who's there. Well ain't that a load of crap. I may not be the best spy out there, but I know that a mysterious fella right outside your house is the first sign of something. Jaerahn ranted to himself as he continued to watch the team of smugglers completely ignore him and wander off toward force only knows where.

He contemplated going up and trying to actually talk to them again but, given their lack of observance before, he guessed that it'd be better if he screened them from a distance.

He managed to draw a few logs off the galactic network on all of them and noticed a few interesting notes about each recruit; notes that he would go over a little later. However,even with his attention was focused on the datapad in his right hand, a small movement drew his attention back to the band of adventurers. He noticed the cat-like creature move its nose around, testing the area.

Well, at least they're trying.

Jaerahn grabbed a few gifts from Kaldena out of his pouch and threw the canisters in random directions. They landed a few scores away and when their metal touched the ground it dissipated, leaving the smell of Kaldena's pheromones pushing through the acrid spice like texture of smells coming from the surface. Then, slapping himself in the face to wake up, Jaerahn faded into the shadows and began watching from beyond.

((This guy is just there to watch on you. You are smugglers so I don't really expect you to do too much in other areas, but its kind of an insurance policy on the first delivery if you know what I mean. ))

JfYtju6.png

I hated the feeling of being hunted, if anything urked me the most, it was to be the prey. I pulled out my data pad and began to write down the things the gunman said. I talked to him while the short encrypted frequency I had with TX was still available, along with notes he had given me and switch the settings on TX to be lethal, I upped his sensory systems too. If anything showed up near the ship he'd know, register it and record; when I came with in range again he'd send it to my data pad via the scramble set. I kinda thought again, I hope this Nurax doesn't come back with us or he will be coldly welcomed.

I turned to the gunman, he to have detected something too, which made me uneasier. Continuing the conversation, ”œWhat if we scrap the sub AI construct and allowed TX to develop his own quirks, I heard this happens all droids if you give it enough time. They compile data and incorporate it during their integration cycle.(their form of sleeping) If an error is made in the original coding then their mind would unravel, but if it were to occur in the additional coding, than he'd have more of his own personality.”

eddomarrcopy.jpg

Eddo freaked for some reason. I quickly turned drawing my pistol when I noticed an old man standing there.

Either he was too stupid to find the front door of our ship or his way of knocking was rather creepy at best.

I quickly hesitated shooting him since he was standing awkwardly under the ship, but I settled for sending a blast past his head just so he knows we mean business. I only miss on purpose! Before I could see the effect of my warning shot he had already disappeared into the shadows.

Meanwhile Kaldena's scent filled the air; Jervous's mask filtering it just fine.

"I think it was a slave or a homeless person. Its up to Zalis but I think we should hurry and finish our mission. Something weird is going on around here..."

JervousBalto.jpg