Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

*Jedi Solo wakes to find the Wampa standing over him. Quickly he pulls out his lightsabre and it is lying dead in seconds. He had just saved himself from the Wampa but unconsciousness takes him again. He will not last out in the cold much longer.*

Jedi_Solo.jpg

*The freighter dropped through the planets atmosphere, inside the flight deck of the ship Tristin activated a scanning system which detected two large amounts of metals on the surface, as he drew closer the two ships became visible on the snow planet. He flipped a switch near his sensor display and found that there where no life signs near by, but off in the distance a blip showed up on the screen, he activated his thrusters and cruised above the sparkling white ground until he noticed a tent in the distance, the ship slowed down and landed 50 meters away.

Just as he was about to leave the flight deck he saw a barely registering blip of life on the scanner, off to the south east.

The doors to the cargo bay began to open slowly. A blur of white zipped out before it was even half way open.

Tristin laid Jedi Solo down inside a tent he had constructed near the other one.

He activated a heating unit which brought the tent to a nice warm temperature before he went into his ship and pulled out a few heaters to warm up his engines, they had nearly frozen over in the few minutes he had taken to find JS, and he would need to move it to a more controlled setting to kept it in working order.*

Half-Thinker, All Dreamer

Mara got up the next morning to find that all of the tracks she had been following the previous day had been swept away by the winds. She looked in all directions, but all she saw was the blinding light reflecting off of the snow. She was lost. She also felt the hot tears welling up in her eyes. Her first mission assigned to her by her master and she had failed. Not only failed, but failed miserably. She willed her tears not to fall and returned to her tent to figure out what to do. Not that there was much she could do. She had no idea of which way to go.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

*Jedi Solo wakes to find Tristin Stellar sitting in the pilot's seat* 'Thanks a lot, I bet I was about to freeze out there' *He remembers his ship is still on Hoth* 'I need to go get my ship, can you take me there?' *He lies back down to rest his aching limbs as he starts to warm and waits for Tristin's response

Jedi_Solo.jpg

Mara heard the soft knock on the outside of her tent. She was wary at first, thinking that it might be another one of the creatures that attacked Solo, but then she realized that she felt no aura of danger. She walked out of her tent to find herself face to face with her master. She sees a young man standing next to him and realizes that this had to be his other apprentice. She addresses her master first, Hello master, I did not expect to see you here this soon.

She then turns to the young man, Hello, you must be Jedi Solo. My name is Mara. I am pleased to meet you.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

*Tristin nodeds.*

Now if you will both come with me I'll take you back to where you started.

*They all board Tristin's ship and fly back to where the other two ships are parked. He drops them off along with some wampa meat and a few rations, he also left them some gear for hunting and a heater.*

I'm sorry that I must go so soon but there is something I must pick up, I will not be gone long, but I want both of you to watch out for one annother.

*He climbed back into his ship and launched for the Last Call.*

*** A few hours later.***

*The frieghter lands in a cave on the cold winter planet. He climbed out of the cave and walked over to where his Padawans where waiting.*

Well now that I've returned I believe it is time for me to begin training you, though I might be called away again to deal with matters elsewhere, in which case I will leave a lesson plan with you so that you can continue without me.

*He turned to Jedi Solo first.*

You are near the completion of your training, you need only learn how to survive in this enviroment and perhaps one other. After that time I will begin teaching you lessons on how to make the force your ally.

*He then turns to Mara N. Jade.*

I know you have learned a few thinks from the Jedi Achademy but I want you to forget them for now, we will build on them later, for now I will teach you how to survive in diffent enviroments.

*He turns around and picks up a pack that is resting behind him.*

Are you both prepared?

Yes master, I am prepaired, although I did not learn anything at the Jedi Academy, I arrived there after the fighting had started, so I never even got to see any of the Jedi Masters there. I only learned some basic sabre techniques from a fellow student after we were captured.

jadedfin.jpg

I am sorry to say that I haven't the slightest idea what this room is Master. Unless it is some sort of training room for Jedi.

jadedfin.jpg

*He smiled at Jade's guess and nodded to Jedi Solo's comment. He raised his hands from his sides and placed them near to each other for a moment, a slight glow began to emit then one that slowly expanded into several orbs of light. He motioned with one of his hands and the orbs cascaded across the room each resting in a small notch in the walls evenly spaced giving the room a soft glow.

The room before them was made of large square slabs of ice, there was a bridge of ice along with ropes frozen into the ceiling which dangled down into the room.*

You are very correct in your guess Mara.

*He stepped and on his second step he gracefully lifted into the air and landed on a round plateau a few meters above the two padawans, the sides of the large round ice structure where slanted so with holes to climb it.*

Now I want you both to concentrate very hard, as you climb because some of those handholds are not solid and shall crack, but if you use your instinct then you will be able to avoid them completely or switch holds before you fall. When you both reach the top I will give you your first lesson in the history of the Jedi.

*He closed his eyes and waited.*

*Jedi Solo starts to climb, in seconds his hands are freezing and he starts to shiver but tries to concentrate. He puts his hand on the next handhold but it breaks and he just about falls off I'll have to concentrate harder He thinks as he carries on climbing*

Jedi_Solo.jpg

*Tristin nods as JS reaches the top even with his eyes close he could feel the young man find a strand of the force and take hold, helping him to the top.

Then he felt something diffent some one was nearby some one from his past.

He stood up slowly and looked at his two padawans.*

JS help make sure Mara reaches the top, then when you have done so I will contact you with this.

*He placed a strange device on the ground. Then he hoped off the top of the structure and landed softly from his 30 feet fall before he continued and hiked out of the cavern, and off into the unknown.*

• 3 weeks later...

Mara was thinking about all that had happened to her recently when she looked up and realised that JS was already at the top and was waiting for her to start climbing. She started to climb when she grabbed one of the loose handholds and fell back to the cavern floor. She realised that she was not even trying to touch the force. She cleared her mind of all thoughts as she had been taught during her minimal training and reached for the force. She felt it, almost like it was reaching back to her. She then focoused on the wall. She could sence which hand holds were loose. She then climbed the wall with relative ease, though several times she lost her concentration and had to stop and reestablish her connection with the force. When she reached the top she stood beside JS waiting for their master to contact them.

(OOC, sorry about not posting for so long, I had to leave state for a family emergency)

jadedfin.jpg

"What would we do here master? I thought you said we would be killing people for sport. Everyone knows Hoth is an uninhabited frozen wasteland." And yet,....and yet, there was a tingling at the back of his neck. Jedi...

He stood and awaited his master's response, his leg now feeling some of that forgotten pain.... He pressed a special button on his comlink and a tiny compartment opened. Inside was his caller for the Chaos, his personal starship.

From coruscant, hundreds of light-years away, his ship stirred and blasted into space, towards the iceball known as Hoth.

OOC: a few realtime hours later...

The Chaos glides down to land beside AP's starship, Dalla walks inside and finds his droid, who he quickly shut off before it could say anything, and he also finds a small box with special order throwing mini-sabers. He divides them evenly, 6 for him and 6 for AP. He walks back outside, and tests one. Since the internal switch, only a force user attuned to them (Their first user) could operate them or manipulate them. They were designed to be turned on in flight, via the force. Dalla quickly levitates his so nobody but him could operate them. He watches AP quickly levitate his 6, for the same reason. Dalla still waits for AP's answer.

OOC: you like the little gift? the specs are at my other post in upper levels

2rwm0cm.jpg

Ar-Pharazon looked upon his gift and it was good.

"I'd like to inform you of a tactic employed by a famous Dark Lord of the Sith, named Darth Vader. Although, he was a cunning, his power level was weak and far below even me at low levels. However, his cunning included a search for a special Jedi, a son of all people, and he found his son on Hoth. I'm not looking for Jedi, but I do know that in following his example, certain lightside users do frequent this hidden world. We must keep our sense up if we are to find them, and I feel them on this planet. It will only be a matter of time until we find and destroy them."

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

"Yes, master. Will we track them using scanners, or are we going on a no-technology hunting trip?" Dalla's eyes gleamed evilly as he took in what was about to happen. He toyed with one of the throwing sabers before testing it out. He threw it and turned on the internal switch using the Force.

The effect was amazing, three prongs of light ignited at once and went spinning off about 20 meters away. Dalla used the force to keep it levitated and spinning, barely. He toyed with it a little longer before calling it back. The saber blades were about six inches long, perfect for cutting through about anything with chainsaw action. Dalla liked his new toy , he would kill his first jedi using the one he now held.

"I believe it would be more fun if we went without tracking technology, Dalla said, answering his own question.

Edited by Guest
2rwm0cm.jpg