Ylesia

JediRP Staff

Talyn took a long drag of the cigar he was chewing on as he made his approach towards Ylesia. He look was grim, one that knew the right was far from over...in fact he knew despite appearances it was only just beginning. The real fight. He had seen the enemy, walked along them and knew that such fanaticism would not be so easily silenced. How he wished Kolchak were here, he was certain he would have a few choice words for the situation.

He hoped the rumours he had heard were not true, that his old friend, his mentor had not perished as was claimed. He was making the approach when the priority message came through, all agents were to return to the fold for debriefing and reassignment. At least those who were burnt like he was. And yet he knew he had to see for himself if what he heard was true, besides he had vital intelligence to deliver.

Intelligence he could only deliver to Kolchak's replacement if he had perished as was indicated by this message. It informed him that Korriban was to be the next target, and it was for this reason he returned, his intelligence concerned the red planet and recent developments there. 

Sending the required information for approval to enter, his imperial transmission code to confirm who he was and who he worked for he was soon sent below. Upon landing at one of the many landing pads, Talyn quickly made his way towards someone in authority who might be able to direct him towards Kolchak's replacement. 

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt. I'm Imperial Intelligence, Agent Talyn Orin, a old friend of Kolchak, I was told report to his replacement following his disappearance. I have vital intelligence that can only be given directly and face to face. For his eyes only so to speak. If you can direct me I would appreciate it, tell him it concerns Korriban and that I knew Kolchak."

((Feel free to direct Talyn to Qessax))

Edited by Talyn Orin
  • Like 1

Talyn likewise removed his own helmet placing it under one arm, revealing his scarred face and cybernetic implants. His face was one of sadness for the loss of his old mentor and friend, it appeared that the rumours he had heard were true. Kolchak had indeed perished although he was proud he went out on his own terms, taking as many out with him as he could. Like the stubborn old fool he had always been in life.

Spitting in the very faces of those some considered gods. Proving them mortal and just crazed fanatics albeit ones with otherworldly abilities.

He spoke, his voice calm and yet serious as was the nature of their conversation.

"Greetings Agent Qessax, it is sad that such a man is now lost to us...like many other such hero's who saved many more lives with their sacrifices. But somehow I see this as just the beginning. There is always reason to the madness of the Sith I have found with my time among their ranks, nothing is without some purpose. Kolchak spoke highly of you as well, although we never personally met until now. I believe he trained us both simultaneously, though in different fields. It is a shame it is after his death that we met. But regardless of my feelings on this you wanted to know about Korriban. 

I shall tell you what I found, information which almost cost me my life and forced me to burn my cover. Whilst using my deep cover within the military structure of the Sith, one I had maintained since my younger years, I recently found that the government of Korriban is still Sith affiliated and actively resisting attempts by Galactic Alliance personnel looking to help any to transition. Those that are found to be sympathisers are being rounded up and 'rehabilitated' for lack of a better term for the horror they inflict...or outright executed. 

I have also found out that miraculously, some of the old native red skinned Sith species or Tsis as I have found they call themselves to stop any confusion between the Order and themselves, still exist there. Although in smaller numbers, they have kept the old hatreds which has only gotten stronger since our last attack and are allied with the Sith but they are no real problem. They shouldn't be an issue during any transition. They tend to hang near the mountains, with some smaller settlements in the deep desert, although they occasionally have been seen hunting the Tu'kata and other beasts and assisting the Sith with archaeological sites or the occasional engineering work. Apparently when Korriban was reborn years ago they returned en masse from among the stars and have been very slowly repopulating the planet. They might not be trouble for now but I would keep an eye on them just in case they become a issue later. That is my full report, I await further instructions and hope I can serve you with the same fervour I once gave to Kolchak."

Talyn finally finished, allowing himself a breathe as he allowed Qessax to digest all the information he had provided. No doubt some of it was intriguing, just as he had found it when he first discovered it.

• Like 1

Talyn looked upon Sgt. slaughter as he was wheeled in, it appeared even with his injuries the man refused to quit and give in, ever the soldier continuing to fight. He had heard of him and his reputation and was glad to be given the opportunity to work alongside him...few had the stomach for the kind of work they were accustomed too which was understandable.  It was not easy to see the horrors they had and still continue to fight.

He saluted the man before speaking, adding to the display when it centred around Korriban. He marked out several locations of importance.

"Your reputation preceded you Admiral. I am glad to finally meet the man behind the legend so to speak and have a chance to finally work with you. Here you are, the locations of most importance and the defences I can recall seeing on Korriban. As you can see most of the defences seem to be centred about the Praxeum itself, which descends it seems below the surface, but how far I was never able to determine. 

Most of the levels below the surface were restricted to the Sith Lords and above only. Sith Steel reinforces the pyramids which are trying hard to hide in the landscape, this I was told is used only upon the surface level of the larger complex outside. Then there is the valley itself. The Valley Of The Dark Lords they call it. Full of old tombs, place gives even me the creeps. The cliff faces to either side aimed at limiting any potential angles of orbital bombardment, with the usual point-defense cannons, turbolasers, and ion cannon batteries positioned around the pyramids intended by design to try and stop any drop troops or ordinance. 

But they should be no trouble compared to the is the threat you don't see. Look here. They have missile batteries hidden from plain sight. I was lucky enough to spot them myself. From what I saw they were loaded with some kind of surface-to-space proton torpedoes and concussion missiles. Beyond that I wasn't sure what else they had, I didn't have time to check further. But as for troops, there was not many left, a skeleton crew for most part for the last several years. Most scattered into the wind after the previous Dark Lord disappeared as the current one went to war taking what they could with them.

Hope that helps gentleman."

Talyn noted the unusual squad of clones who stood waiting, no doubt for Qessax. As Slaughter passed him a rather shiny looking, steely stylus, the agent quickly began to note down the information the Admiral required. He made a point to personally point out where to find the sympathisers held prisoner and the local defences as specified by the admiral.

He also jotted down anything else that might be of interest such as the known settlements and eventually created a list with names, placing a image of a face next to the correct name, along with places of residence and work. Each was marked according to current rank and level of threat priority they might pose. He produced a second list for the Alliance sympathisers which held similar information before handing back the stylus.

"That about covers it. I'll leave it to you to decide who we go after first based on that list."

• Like 1

Hearing no further words, Talyn took it to mean he was no longer needed currently and so could now proceed to find the others for the mission. Afterall it was better to know those you were to work with and see just what sort of personality and skill set they possessed first hand. Saluting, Talyn spoke before departing to find the first member marked in his datafile, a Jedi Knight. Sanguis Æquitas. 

He had never met the man nor any Jedi for that matter before now. But from what he gathered they were the complete opposite of the company he had previously kept in the Sith. They had lines they did not cross and so could be trusted. Indeed without the Jedi he had no doubt the Alliance would have long seized to exist, their skill in the strange abilities some possessed was awe inspiring. 

"If that is all Admiral, I shall take my leave. There are preparations to be made, I shall go meet our team see in person if they as good as the data claims. I shall see you next when we are closer to the time of the operation, for now it was nice to meet you as short as this was."

With that he departed. Looking at the datafile of the Jedi, he looked about  the camp, walking backwards and forwards between the various tents and asking where he might find the particular Jedi Knight. He was soon told he had been seen nearing the outskirts of the compound headings somewhere so he would need to be quick if he was to catch him. As a result he caught a ride on a speeder before being dropped as close as they would dare.

Nodding his appreciation and paying a few credits he disembarked and continued the rest of the journey on foot. He soon spotted his target, the man was unmistakable. Bright green hair and with very pointed ears. Very young by the looks of it...it appeared the soldiers of the war were getting younger and younger these days. Seeing he was not alone, with another Jedi of some sort, a old looking woman. A Jedi Master he suspected, she gave him the creeps a little for some reason...he approached with equal caution and respect. 

"Sorry about the intrusion I know you are busy so I shall try and be quick, I have been looking for you for the last hour. You are Sanguis Æquitas I hope? I am Agent Talyn Orin. I just recently returned from Korriban serving as a deep cover Agent until my cover was blown. Agent Qessax also of Imperial Intelligence has instructed me to find you to attempt to request that you join a mission of utmost importance. We have need of a Jedi such as yourself to take Korriban and he feels you fit the correct profile to assist us with this endeavour, together along with a few select others. He would appreciate it if you accepted this task. As would I, I have never met a Jedi before but your file speaks highly of you. Although I got to say I am a little surprised to see one so young. But look forward to working with you if you accept."

Edited by Talyn Orin
  • Like 1

As the old women talked, he wondered just who she was. She was obviously a Jedi of some sought, but the way she carried herself and spoke good him there was more to her than met the eye. That she wasn't your typical Jedi. He answered as best he could, and as much as he was authorised to tell her, after all the enemy had many spies. Even here where they thought the Alliance was safe.

He faced her, speaking calmly and respectfully.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you much. At least not without the right authorisation, from Agent Qessax himself. However what I can say is that there are those in power that believe for too long that place has been a bane upon all who would call themselves good in this galaxy. They wish to ensure the Sith do not spring from that hellhole again to trouble us. This is a tipping point, we will no longer tolerate them endangering lives and taking them on a whim. May I enquire Master Jedi though, who are you? I don't think we have ever met before and you strike me as bit...different than some of the others I have seen about the camp."

• Like 1

As Talyn listened, his expression turned to one of surprise. He was hardly thinking he was going to meet the mother of a legend when he first got there...the Jedi Grandmaster, Armiena Draygo-Starfire's reputation preceded her. Yet he had not heard much about the rest of her family beside Aryian Darkfire, so to meet her mother was unexpected. 

He suspected what the young Jedi said was likely the truth, he had no reason to like afterall. As such Talyn have a nod before proceeding to speak, but not before directing them to a more secure location, one away from prying eyes and ears in the camp. 

"I have spent the last several years upon Korriban, and have assisted the former Nikolai Kolchak, who was my mentor and Agent Qessax's predecessor by supplying valued intelligence from deep within the Sith Military hierarchy. That was until recently, a Sith saw me stealing some of my latest intelligence. Very well, I see no reason to doubt what you say is true. It is a pleasure to meet the mother of the legend, the Jedi Grandmaster's reputation preceded her, much like yourself. Even on Korriban, the Sith had her on a kill on sight list.

May I suggest we find somewhere a bit more secure within which to speak. What I have to day cannot be open knowledge, besides you never know who might be listening...even here where people think they are safe. The Sith as you know are ruthless and have many spies."

With that he led them into a nearby tent before making sure it was secure. Sweeping for potential bugs or people who might be listening, satisfied he gestured to several seats in the tent as he begun to speak.

"Sorry about that, you can never be too careful or cautious in my line of work. Now we are secure I can explain that situation better. The Alliance is aware of the fact that Korriban is a known Sith sanctuary and for the reasons you specified, however my superiors also believe it is also more than this based on more recent intelligence. As I told Agent Qessax, whilst using my deep cover within the military structure of the Sith, one that I had maintained since my younger years, I was tasked with recently finding out if the government of Korriban was still Sith affiliated and actively resisting attempts by Galactic Alliance personnel looking to help any to transition. It turned out this was the case. Those that were found to be sympathisers have been being getting rounded up and 'rehabilitated' or outright executed with little reprisal. 

I had also found out that miraculously, some of the old native red skinned Sith species or Tsis as I have found they call themselves to stop any confusion between the Order and themselves, still exist there. Although in smaller numbers, they have kept the old hatreds which has only gotten stronger since our last attack and are allied with the Sith but they are no real problem. It is the area surrounding the Academy and the Tombs, areas directly controlled by the Sith hierarchy that is the problem. 

Ever since they took over they had been building. Those above my pay grade wish to replace the local Sith government and topple it, they wish for your help and those specifically chosen for their unique skill sets to help establish a new more Alliance, Republic and Jedi friendly government. To I quote 'make sure Korriban is no longer a safe haven for the Sith'. They request help rescuing any sympathisers and installing them into the correct positions to make a positive change to the status quo upon that planet, so naturally we are trying to minimise civilian casualties if we can help it, which is I assume why they asked for you specifically.  Admiral Slaughter has been assigned to oversee our air support for this.

That is all I know so far. If you require more, you may read the file here. Although Agent Qessax will require a answer within the next day or so as he wishes to take advantage of the Sith while we still have the advantage. And help towards pushing them out indefinitely from the galaxy."

With that he handed the young Jedi Knight a encrypted datafile containing the information regarding the mission, along with the profiles of those involved for a more detailed inspection should he was to do so. And if he so desired to, to share it with Lady Misal.

Edited by Talyn Orin
  • Like 2

Talyn considered the young Jedi Knight's words, even as he looked into his eyes to perhaps gain some measure of the man before him, a man with a most extraordinary gift or curse. Whichever way he looked at it and see the kind of man he would be working with, he was sure he was at one point a look of doubt and fear...familiar scars and signs he had seen in far too many others, but not so common in Jedi. The signs of one affected by the war and suffering from some kind of traumatic experience. The way he spoke seemed to suggest it.

That would either make him a asset or a liability...possibly both when the time came for action. Time would tell which would be true. 

Listening, Talyn spoke trying to address each point made by all present. He first turned to the Jedi Grandmaster, Armiena.

"I shall do my best and utmost to convey this Grandmaster, although there is no guarantee he will listen. We shall just have to trust that he does listen."

He turned to Sanguis next.

"I would agree, despite what they have done and are capable of, the Tsis tend to keep to themselves and pose no real threat, at least for now. As a endangered species, one which is sentient and strong with what you call the Force...they must be allowed to live despite our misgivings, or we are no better than the enemy. Although we might need an eye upon them, as stated their hatred for the Jedi and Republic is strong and stems from millennia of such hate that has only been reinforced by the Sith. In fact there are rumours from Korriban that those who lead the seven Clans that make up the species were trained by a powerful Sith Warrior and his allies. But as I said, if it comes to open combat they won't hang around long and will retreat back to the mountains to hide to conduct guerrilla warfare upon us later. Scans taken and from a personal expedition I undertook close as I could get to the area without discovery, suggests they have some kind of stronghold there in the mountains that we have yet to fully find. The Sith have for most part ignored them so long as they don't interfere with their agenda.

It is my belief that they should pose no problem for the duration of the transition for most part. It is the Sith themselves that will be the issue. As such our focus for now should be with the main areas of government. The Academy, space port and the like. Areas of high commerce and traffic. As for why you were chosen, I have no idea...I am simply following orders I'm afraid and my knowledge is limited to what I have been told. Perhaps during this assignment you will find your role. Perhaps it shall be diplomatic, guess we'll see. You might despise politics and espionage but if Korriban has taught me anything it's that sometimes we must confront that which we despise if we are to overcome it. 

Regardless I think we have spent enough time in discussion, there is much still to be done. If you are ready, grab what you can and I shall meet you at the spaceport."

With that Talyn made his departure. He had a few misgivings about this Jedi, he appeared to have much doubt about himself and his role in things. Perhaps in time he would find his place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Talyn made his way back to where he would find Admiral Slaughter, seeing as he could not locate the rest of the team it seemed a good enough idea. Perhaps he might know where they are or at least give a idea where they would discuss the next steps to liberating Korriban. A task he knew that not be easy at all, the planet was hostile even by it's very nature. Even the wildlife seemed out to get you. 

Like a untamed wild west, it would not be controlled at least indefinitely.

Walking on, he was soon directed to where the Admiral had chosen to hide in seclusion. Issuing a courteous military salute, Talyn spoke.

"Sorry to disturb you from doing what you are doing Admiral. But I have located the Jedi Knight you requested but have been unable to find the rest in the camp so far, however I did meet the Jedi Grandmaster, Armenia Draygo I believe they call her and her mother Lady Misal. She expressed is I inform you to remember that it is absolutely critical that this operation results in the establishment of a government capable of rebuilding Korriban after decades of Sith oppression and repression. That she said we may deal with the Sith Lords as necessary, but to make sure a clear contrast between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Alliance will be critical as we advance through the territory they have abandoned. She was adamant I remind you of that fact sir.

That said, is there anything you need me to so before we leave. I believe that the Jedi Knight, Sanguis Equitas is waiting for us in the tent I left him in for the briefing, I can take you there now if you wish."

• 2 weeks later...

Talyn listened as Admiral Slaughter mentioned the possibility that the Jedi Grandmaster had her own agenda for Korriban, just like so many others in the past. He assumed it was just like the Admiral had said, for whenever he had met a force-user there had always been something more. Sometimes he wished he had their gift, to gain a perspective into what they think...but most of the time he was content with his lot in life. He was one of many lacking that particular set of skills but made up for it in other ways.

He answered briefly before they left, as he assisted the Admiral to where the others were gathered.

"Your probably right Admiral, I have never known a Force-User to not have some kind of hidden agenda. Granted they are useful but personally they give me the creeps...the things I seen them do shouldn't even be possible."

With that he wheeled the man out, followed by his member of staff,  careful not to bash him into anyone and making sure they moved swiftly out of the way when they saw just who it was being wheeled through. Each was rather quick to offer a quick salute, at least the military personnel did. He stopped briefly as a tall amazonian marine soon joined them in walking to the tent. He offered her a crisp salute in respect to another officer. 

He was interested in what she had to say after overhearing she was to in part give the briefing. He spoke briefly as they walked.

"Your reputation precedes you Captain Bryce, much like the good Admiral here. I look forward to working with you both."

After that he fell quiet as the briefing began. Although his eyes couldn't help but briefly wander upon the two strange droids before them. One a Terror droid of all things, he had heard stories about the things but never thought he would see one up close. So far this one amused him with it's weird vocabulary. The other appeared to be a Buzz droid of some sort, a strange pairing indeed. It would be interesting working with those two that much was certain. Listening closely as he wheeled the Admiral closer so he could sit next to Captain Bryce and easily reach the console if he needed too.

Walking, he went and stood next to the other Agents and members of the team as Captain Bryce and Admiral Slaughter laid out the plan for Korriban. It seemed sound enough, although he would try and ensure the droids didn't get too over excited and decide to take out the local Tsis species along with the Sith and their allies. He wasn't sure if they could tell the difference between them and the Order. So he decided to emphasize that point for their benefit more than the others.

"Nothing really Admiral and Captain Bryce. Other than to emphasize and reiterate for our droid companions that the local red skinned species, known as the Tsis are to for now to be treated as potential allies. The Jedi Grandmaster and the Alliance in general from what I understand wishes to open up diplomatic relations with them in the future and seek to end their reliance upon the Sith government should the liberation be a successful endeavour. Likewise the rumoured city in the mountains, near the volcanic passes known to the local population as the City Of Ur and any non hostile Tsis settlements we might come across..is to be left alone at least for now unless in defence of your life. Other than that, that is all Admiral unless you both or anyone else have something to add."

• 2 weeks later...

Talyn listened as Admiral Slaughter mentioned the time limit for departure, he would need to be quick about gathering any equipment he might need for the task at hand. It was unlikely he would get most of what he needed from the fleet armories, his equipment was slightly more specific and required certain types of ammunition which could probably be acquired from one of the refugees, a smuggler perhaps who would be willing to trade for credits. 

As such he gave a salute as the Admiral left and soon followed. He would need to be quick, as such Talyn 'borrowed' a speeder bike from one of the soldiers about the area when he wasn't looking. He didn't have time to ask for permission. Zooming from the area, he searched the camp before eventually coming across a unscrupulous looking sort hidden away from plain sight, a toydarian with some kind of weapons bazaar located between what might be called a slum in the refugee camp. Somewhere few soldiers would go unless they needed to.

Entering, Talyn spoke as the toydarian looked him up and down. A little suspicious but otherwise accepting it seemed of any credits.

"Greetings, I am Talyn Orin. I heard this was the place to come for the more unusual requests where weapons and ammunition are concerned. I have need of some very specific ammunition. Ammunition for a Dissuader KD-30, 5 separate cases for putting in pouches, and two over shoulder shell belts with cartridges for a Accelerated Charged Particle Array Gun, and three power packs for a Sg-82 sonic rifle. I am willing to pay over the odds since time is of the essence and I don't particularly care where you got them. Only that they do the job. Can you help?"

The Toydarian brushed it's chin for a moment, considering before he spoke. As with most of the species, he stunk, was a bit bad tempered and stingy. 

"Who told you that? No-one I don't like I hope. It is true I have what you need but would be cheaper going to your friends I think. Let's see ammo for a Dissuader KD-30, Accelerated Charged Particle Array Gun, and three power packs for a Sg-82 sonic rifle...that'll be...15,000 credits."

Talyn's eyes glared through his mask at the price mentioned. It was almost extortionate but he didn't have time to haggle or complain so begrudgingly he handed over the credits before departing. Placing the Dissuader KD-30 ammo into his ammunition pouches along his belt , legs and arms he then proceeded to place the ACP gun ammo belts over his shoulder, one on top of the other like some western bandit. The sg-92 power packs he placed into the pouches on the back of his belt. Satisfied, Talyn vacated the area and headed to the nearest ship that was part of the Korriban mission. It didn't take , to be directed to the right place.

Once inside, aboard the same ship as the rest of the mission team, he waited for the rest to arrive.