Ylesia

JediRP Staff

In the morning the air hung heavily on Yselia, already the wind carried a humidity about it that wasn't necessarily the best thing to be outdoors for. But it allowed for a good sweat to build so that the wind would feel cool to the touch. That was the idea at first, but then the Bad Company would soon regret their decision of not remaining on a ship. The Mantis, a freighter redesigned for combat and stealth purposes, was posted just outside the parameter... At least outside of where the food was. 

After their meal, the three man squad lead by one Arc Trooper, Captain Tilt, were busy with cleaning equipment and the Mantis in case they were needed in the field. This was the first time they have received any proper sleep, even going as far sleeping in past their usual 0500 routine, one simply couldn't stay sane on limited rest. The squad was followed by another Captain, Thumper who was the technician, then Sargeant Riggs who handled weapons and explosive ordnance. It hadn't been long since their stasis in cryo sleep in which they had been on ice for a very, very long time. Long enough to miss out on various events and shifts throughout the galaxy. Long enough that Clones, at least the Fett based Clones, were all but near extinguished. But that didn't bother Tilt nor the crew, they moved on from their feelings toward the Republic albeit the old insignia was stamped on the left shoulder armor whilst the right bore the Rebel/Imperial Alliance mark. Should they be needed for covert ops the armor pieces could easily be replaced. 

There was a loud crash which caught Tilts attention, interrupting readjusting the scopes for the rifles. The crashing ended with Riggs cussing up a storm and Thumper moving to see what had happened, Tilt shaking his head as he continued his work. That was until a young male Zabrak, reeking of hyperlane fuel and covered in grime came rushing to the Clone who, out of instinct, pulled a blaster on the kid. Tilt said in a stern and steady tone as he holstered a weapon, "It's unwise to rush someone working on a blaster. What is it?" 

"Sir,” The messenger panted. “Director Qessax, successor to Grand Moff Kolchak in Imperial Intelligence has requested that you proceed with all haste to his location. Your Alliance needs you.”

Before Tilt could utter another word the kid was already gone, leaving behind in the Clone's palm a tracking device. Tilt wasn't fully armored, instead had don a sleeveless white shirt which shown off his biceps and the cargo shorts he also wore. It was better wearing civvies in down time, but it seemed they were on call now. Quickly putting everything back together, Tilt put weapons in cases as well as spare parts and fuel cells for the blasters. It was time to move out. 

"Thumper, Riggs! Get your gear on and everything in order, we're heading out in five!" 

"Okay, so we're waltzing about looking at that little gidgit?" Riggs asked as the trio made their way through the encampment and near the designated area. 

"It's called a tracking device," Thumper say's as of describing the thing to a child, "A shows you where a person is if you have a signal node on 'em!"

"Yeah, I know what it is, but they couldn't tell us where we're supposed to go?" 

"It's easier to just have them do this," Tilt finally said as the approached the makeshift tent, putting the device away and sliding his helmet on, "Best behavior, both of you. I don't want to screw things up." 

Just before they could enter a security droid stopped the group, Tilt pulled out a tracking device and handed it to the machine just before entering, "We're here on orders of Quessex. 130th Legion, Captain Tilt."

• Like 1

The squad were greeted to an individual that went by Quessex, which was good enough for them. They listened to the orders or briefing rather and understood fairly what the task was bound to be. It wasn't the first rodeo with this kind of mission, but Tilt knew this was no longer the Clone Wars. They walked with the agent as they explained away the details of the mission and were introduced to Viceroy Vangar and Commander Raphenel Karlovci Contispex. This... Was going to be interesting. 

"I have to agree with Raphenal," Tilt opened up, taking his helmet off to reveal his face, "During the Clone Wars "Capture and Secure" missions were some of the things we did including under disguise, that was when everyone on our side and who believed in us were so solid in their beliefs that we had a little leeway to work with. From the reports and past campaigns that I read about the Alliance and Jedi Order, people have faith that is easily shaken. I'm not saying we won't do the mission, but there's the huge risk you're willing to take of people's trust in the Alliance as a whole." 

Edited by Tilt07
  • Like 1

Things were heating up, not explosive but to a boil Tilt's observation. He looked between everyone that spoke either those who agreed to go under cover as pseudo Sith and those who were completely against the idea. Perhaps it was natural to agree with Jedi, though their philosophy-driven lives were of religious kind, Tilt hasn't met a single one of them that were "wrong" in most situations. Mistakes happen though, and he wasn't the "good soldier" like he used to be. He was a free thinker, a fighter against the Sith unrestrained and unshackled from the Grand Republic, but there was that underlying guilt that strode in the corner of his mind. 

Perhaps his disagreement came from impersonating a fallen brother, Delta, a name he hadn't heard in what seemed like eons. They were the first set of Clones in that era, he'd participate in the battle on Geonosis, but extensive training was needed as he was deployed with the minimum much like the others. That was when Tilt met Delta, but their paths diverged after the former was deployed unto the 130th Legion. Here and there they'd graze on chance, the times that they had a chance to talk and see action together were rare but allowed for that respect to creep in. Even if Tilt didn't know Delta as an acquaintance or a fellow brother, his hesitance to impersonate another of his kind was disrespectful in some sense, no matter what paths or alignment they took on. Whether Delta remembered him or not was irrelevant, as far as Tilt knew, one of the few Clones who'd survive since the Grand Republic were dead. 

But life goes on. As Tilt watches Quessex move from area to tent, Tilt vocalized once more, "If it helps, us Clones can be disguised as Sith units... Delta, as Quessex said. If we can infiltrate the ship, we can reboot the deactivated droids and reprogram them for our needs. But if this is a delicate operation and cannot be seen as Alliance by any means necessary, then I suggest that whoever doesn't go under guise can pose as a neutral party- Pirates, mercenaries, a rogue faction or even a splinter cell of Sith rogues. I assume the Big Wigs running the ops are looking to turn the planet from a neutral or even enemy influenced one to allied, which is why "influence" and guise is... Necessary, I assume. I don't take solace in posing as the people who infiltrated and corrupted my Republic, but if it means getting the job done, so be it.

"Now, if any of you wouldn't mind playing dress-up with us grunts it'd be nice to have a small group infiltrate the ship, besides us three, I don't mind having a squad between four and eight... Or it could just be us three. I don't want a larger-than-necessary force going in, it'd make things too complicated, small and nimbleness is what we're relying on; I'm not picky, just need some common sense and effectiveness. Or, it could just be the three of us, and we'll handle the infiltration ourselves. Any takers?"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vangar said:

Vangar scowled as the newfound acting director of Imperial Intelligence @Qessax Jal Todda seemed to bristle at the discussion of how to go about securing the vessel. He hoped it was not a sign of things to come. He knew little of the Kaleesh culture, but sensed something beyond a mere personality difference between the director and leader of the Imperium’s force-using order.

”Indeed.”

”There is no reason to allow the Umbarans a chance to change their mind with a show of force. It is not theirs, by all

matters of law, the craft, a weapon of war, is in the hands of potential enemies of the Alliance.”

He watched as the Kaleesh stalked off towards his quarters and shook his head. Turning to @Raphanel  and @Tilt07he solemnly spoke. “I would agree with our comrade. The more political entanglement we can avoid the better and if a bit of sneaking can save the lives of slaves, mislead, and anyone else aboard, we owe it to them to try it. The Umbarans are a natural ally to any Sith who may be in hiding even if their government openly endorses the Alliance. This warship may very well be the machinations of a rogue Sith Lord seeking to take advantage of the state of things.” Looking to Tilt he asked, “How many men can your ship carry?  While a small strike team is ideal for not being caught, I would be more comfortable knowing we have at least a few legate cards in our sleeve if our hand is called.”

"Right then. We can fit eight people in my ship, excluding gunners and pilot. She's well armored and equipped for combat in case things go wrong. That said, I should go see Quessex and find out any information on Delta that could help with the ruse... God only knows what he's done. Once we're in and we have some privacy, we'll be reactivating the droids and even reprogram them to fight for us, including any security hardwired into the vessel. Should things go awry, I'll link up with the comms and give a signal, or again, once it's time. But that's all in due time, plans change all the time and things happen. If that'll be all, there are preparations to be made." Tilt salutes then slid his helmet back on. He jerked a thumb in the direction of the exit which Riggs and Thumper followed. 

Exiting the tent, Tilt told Thumper and Riggs to head back to the Mantis and to prepare, all the while he would remain here and finding out what he could. With a brisk sigh, he entered the same tent Quessex was in, and said aloud after entering, "Agent Quessex, what can you tell me about CT-073, Delta? I'll be needing it for the mission." 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 9:55 PM, Qessax Jal Todda said:

Qessax had dismissed his droid by the time he got to his tent. It wouldn’t be able to come along on the mission, but he knew his secretary droid would handle everything that it could while he was gone. If he wasn’t in a bitter mood, he would have smiled at the bargain deal the droid had been. 

In his tent, Qessax had begun to prepare his own disguise. Black wrappings over his limbs would help mask his form, and heavily padded areas on his arms and more bony parts would make it look less Kaleesh and something more mammalian. The head was a bit more difficult, but with the wrappings to hide his tusks, he could then use some black tinted goggles to give the appearance of something akin to Aqualish. Ancestors knew the two species could share a sense of anger. 

It was when he was wrapping his arms when the clones came in. 

“Captain, come in, come in…” Qessax waved the clone in as he continued his own work. 

“Delta has a very long history in the galaxy…” Qessax started. “Like you, he was a clone for the republic before this whole Sith business started up. Heavily trained as an ARC trooper and clone commando. Somehow survived to eventually fight for Black Sun, and then in turn the Sith. Had a specialty with hand-to-hand combat and squad command”

Qessax had just finished his limb and body wrappings and was now working on his head. 

“He was known for his brutality under the Sith. Brutal but efficient is what most of the reports show. Last confirmed sighting was during the battle of Nar Shaddaa. Unconfirmed if he died in it, which is how I hope to keep it.”

Qessax adjusted his goggles, fitting perfectly underneath the wrappings. A quick glance into the mirror made his spirits rise a bit. He was a spitting image of an Aqualish undercover. 

Qessax faced the captain and exited the tent with him. “Something captain you will want to keep in mind is that these are Umbarans we are facing. Their ability to see in ultraviolet light means staying out of their line of sight is imperative. And unfortunately, our information on what kind of tech they brought in to fix the ship is a bit more limited, so be prepared for anything…”

Qessax struggled for a better word. “...weird.”

Qessax looked the clone once over. “Anything else captain?”

"Negative, sir," Tilt responds as he follows Quessex out of the tent, " Personally, I've never seen an Umbaran during the old campaigns, only heard rumors here and there one of which were their sight. That's gonna be tricky." 

Tilt's heart sunk despite having a vague idea of Delta, but life went on. And the situation would differ based on his decisions, another one fallen not to combat but manipulation and possibly madness. Clones, from what he heard, could potentially be controlled via Force powers and a Sith who were gifted in such ways could potentially "sway" a Clone... But Tilt and Delta both knew that the latter was much, much smarter than that. Despite how much it jacked his moral basis, Tilt had hoped Delta truly did die and that he would find peace. 

Now starting off to the Mantis, Tilt's mind was focused on the mission. To hell with the moral compass, as right now they needed to infiltrate and capture an old CIS warship that had a mixture of enemies, bystanders, and slaves aboard and outside of it. This wasn't going to be easy, but that was where Riggs- the explosives expert, and Thumper- the technology expert, came in. God only knows what those two had cooked up...

"All set?" Riggs shouted from the back of the Mantis.

"Codes have been changed and rearranged, if they try to scan 'em, it'll pop up as the old Sith vessel it used to be." Thumper replies as he shuts the various panels in the cockpit. 

The armor of the Clones were altered via paint job, fitting that of primary blacks and secondary/accented reds with the Sith Imperial logo sported on the left shoulder pauldron, right arm guard, or the left of the kama's. The paint itself wasn't anything superficial however it was extremely fast at drying and required actual chemicals to remove, but with a lot of degreaser and plenty of elbow grease it could be easily cleaned... Maybe. The Alliance symbol on the outside of the Mantis was also blotted out carefully and the gray color that was painted over or was perfectly aligned with the tones of the rest of the ship. They'd only hoped that this mission would stay solid only until they got into the ship, then Thumper could work his magic. 

Waiting for everyone to come along, Riggs and Thumper would spend the time conjuring any mishaps that could potentially happen during the mission. It wasn't that they couldn't do it but so much that a lot of lives were at risk, and if the droids we're activated before they could reprogram them? All hell would break loose for the worse. 

• Like 1