Ylesia

JediRP Staff

Her words, as much as her presence in the Force, nearly mimicked what Pandora felt, herself, deep within the confines of her own inner peace. Having lost her Master, Lady Cassandra, as well as Lady Raven and so many others at Nar Shadaa, it not only brought sorrow to the heart, but plagued one with self doubt and questioning. But Pandora hid it well on the outside, her expression encroaching a soft smile as she responded.

"As long as there is breath within one's lungs, there is freedom." Pandora spoke softly, offering out her hand to encouraged Namari as she placed it upon the Lady's own. "The freedom to accept things as they are, or to change them."

Pandora respectfully withdrew her hand and offered the Queen to walk with her, before turning to. Placing her hands upon her robes, the began her trek.

"Forgive me for being candid, but while Naboo may not be hospitable, mi'lady, it's people are not." She continued on, her gape barely revealing the steps she took. "This is something I know all too well. Are you familiar with the history of my species?"

She gave Namari as chance to respond.

"All but a select few of my species do not even remember the name of our former homeworld. And I am, sadly, one of the ignorant." A half hearted chuckle escape her lips at the revelation, albeit, if she held any knowledge before Dark Sun Station, it was long lost. "Being half human only brings resentment from those that do, I have found, despite being visually indifferent to someone full Miralukian."

Realizing she had changed course in the conversation, she stopped her stroll abruptly, and turned to the Queen leisurely. 

"The important thing is that it matters not where you come from, but where your traditions and values come from. They are what forge the generations that follow you. Find strength in that."

While there was a regal and wise presence about Pandora, mostly instilled by her former Master, she was still inexperienced, especially in the art of politics and negotiations. She held a tendency to confused and jumble her words and intended expressions. She only hoped that they were received. But before she could open her mouth and speak to this, Lady Namari's comm chirped and Pandora withdrew her comment. Only the next few moments would express if her words of inspiration had been heard.

It would be rude and undiplomatic for Anne to answer the Imperial Knight with what she really felt, but it would no doubt be boiling off of her like the steam from one of the many water purification plants that had been set up in the camp. Something she knew well? A genocide almost five kriffing thousand years ago? A mass murder by a force user against active combatants which had rallied to fight him. How could this woman walk beside her and claim any relevance or knowledge of what it felt like to have everything ripped away from you. A deep knowledge that she herself had been placed in charge of millions, and had let them down? A nation was destroyed, a people scattered to the winds and enslaved. 

And what hope was there in the Miralukan story? That maybe five thousand years later her people could be eeking out their miserable refugee lives? Claiming that the only reason they had not repopulated their world yet was because of some big meany sith lord? Letting the course of the galaxy steer their direction as the eons ticked down into oblivion. What an absolutely horrid and hopeless outlook for the naboo people. At least bring up something recent like Alderaan, whose people had actually gone on to do something with their lives. 

No, there was no inspiration to be found in Pandora’s words. So Anne gave her the only response she could muster. A half turned scowl that made her pale and youthful face flush with a mix of anger and resentment. She took a breath and muttered a thank you that was very far from heartfelt. 

namari.png.2510408bc48b537b03c729725bc5aa69.png

Queen Namari of the Naboo

Pandora could only initially sigh at the Queen's response, the aura of the young woman's anger and resentment razed red and a moment of silence enveloping the two. Perhaps in her cander, Pandora misspoke, or implied something that wasn't meant. She could have imposed, but knew that it would only make things worse, and Pandora didn't want to take such a route. Instead, she gripped at her robes, sighed, and let her heart speak its truth.

"Forgive my ignorance, mi'lady. I wasn't implying that I could know anything of what you feel or know your plight." Pandora's soft tone carried an embarrassed undertone and her cheeks flushed beneath her veil. "I only wished to give hope using the story of my people and the world of Alpheridies that they now call home."

"But the truth is, what is it that I even know of my people? Or who I even was." Her blinded gaze shifts to meet that of Namari's own, hidden behind the veil and yet almost as if her true visage could be glanced in that brief moment. Gripping again at her robes, she continued. "I am an orphan of both heritage and past, a being without a history. The only path I know is forward."

A halfhearted smile broke beneath her veil, a semblance that could barely break its thin opaque cloth. Pandora could only hope her words settled Namari's anger. But if not, perhaps the revelation could at least extend a branch of trust. "I'd like to offer my help in the Naboo's path forward, if you would have it."

• Like 1

It felt like her heart would burst with the swarm of emotions that bubbled and struck against her in that moment. Anger was foremost though fading fast, shame at how she had acted, and remorse besides. There was little to be said about her regret other than an apology, which the Miraluka deserved. Though perhaps her words had been careless, they had not meant to hurt, and the queen felt the color of shame flush onto her face and she lowered her head. 

“I would be grateful for your help Knight. There is much to do and it was foolish of me to spit in your face with such spite.” Here she lowered her head even more. “Please forgive me for such foolishness.” 

There was a ship waiting them that would take the scattered remnants of the Naboo royal household and the starfighter corps back to their home world. It was nearly time to go, and the queen was grateful to have the Knight alongside her. 

There was a brief moment of silence after Lady Namari's words before Pandora's grip upon her robes only intensified before letting loose one hand to place upon Namari's own as a smile graced her face.

"Think nothing of it." She replied with wholeheartedness. The two were both young and passionate in their endeavors. Little displays of emotions were commonplace enough during these demanding times that something insignificant to the larger scheme came and went like breaths of air. For Pandora, the larger picture of hope, was her only goal. "We've only just met, and times carry heavy weight upon us all. Our time together should iron out any wrinkles."

Removing her hand to motion Namari to take the lead, Pandora awaited her rise before rising from her own seating to begin following. If she could aid just one person and inspire a lifetime of hope, then her Master's death along side her Mistress wouldn't have been in vain. Her smile remaining, she spoke. "Please. Lead the way."

Bureaucracy was such a pain. Aidan had been waylaid from his duties for several days due to processing out of the Imperial Knight ranks and into the Jedi. Now he found himself once again looking for his ward, finally finding her with another Jedi on one of the landing pads.

"Hey! Your Highness! Anne!"

Aidan waved them down as he jogged on over. The Jedi robes he now wore felt different, lighter. "Good lord, I'm very sorry about that, I trust you had an okay time while I was gone? What are we up to now?"

• Like 2

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

The Ohma-Rune, a heavily modified old model Mon Cal Cruiser sat on its support dock, its several hundred meter long hull bristling with oddly fitted cargo containers, looking like a white painted mountain covered with hover speeders and men loading cargo. The large red coloured cross that covered the majority of the empty hull space indicated that the ship was not in any way a combat vessel, though three of Naboo royal starfighter squadrons would be flying cover for the mission. As the Queen and the Knight walked towards the loading platform which was already crowded with refugees, she heard a familiar voice cry out from behind her. 

She turned about and saw the face of the dashing Imperial Knight she had accompanied to Ylesia not a few weeks before. She felt a wide smile cross her face as she waved to him and gestured with a hand for him to join the two of them. She resisted the desire to give him a hug and simply gave him a grin of welcome which was decidedly more Queenlike. Even if it did expose her relative lack of years. 

“We are heading back to Naboo, I am fine, miss Maximus has taken care of me.” She laughed at the thought of it, then pointed to the ramp that stretched into the behemoth of a ship. “I am hoping we can make ample progress in rebuilding our world, if you would like to join me.” She smiled again, feeling a bit of hope start to creep into her voice. “I know it wont be the most interesting mission a Jedi Knight has ever been on, but who knows, the Sith could be lurking in the ruins of my peoples homes.” 

((Lets head to Naboo))

• Like 1

"Well, I'm only assigned to train you, the where was never stipulated. So if being on your home world helps, then I'm not going to stop us."

Aidan joined the two, making small talk with the other Jedi as they boarded the transport, introducing himself and getting the lay of the land, as it were. In moments they were skyward bound, and shortly thereafter in the hyperlanes.

((If there's anything important to tell me, just OOC catch me up by the time we get there and we can say that's what they discussed))

• Like 1

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

• 2 months later...

[NPC Post]

Cyrii strode away from the shack he had set up to help the refugees repair their broken electronic devices and was fiddling with a long cylindrical contraption. It looked like a launcher, but the cylinder wasn’t hollow. It was a mostly solid tube filled with a lot of odds and ends. There were multiple exposed components and a few wires that didn’t look connected, but after a few moments, Cyrii shuffled around with a happy chirp.

He waddled to a mostly empty space and looked both ways before pushing a large red button at the base of the tube-like contraption.

Oke, wektu kanggo nyoba iki!

<< Okay, time to try this out! >>

Immediately nearby objects started to shake. Cyrii made a confused chirp and banged the side of the metallic device with a free hand. Then, after a slight whirring noise, the machine started a deep pulsing thrum, and all manner of objects shot toward the little Jawa with great speed; a chair, a chest, cups from a table nearby, melee weapons, blaster rifles, and anything else that was not nailed down all shot toward Cyrii with alarming speed.

Cyrii chirped sounds of panic as he tried to shut the device down. He fiddled frantically with frenetic fingers and finally found a way to stop the machine. However, physics being what it is, and several of the objects being too large to stop, Cyrii got clocked on the side of his body by a strong metal chair. It echoed with an audible clang and brought the little Jawa to the ground. 

Sing ora kaya sing direncanakake...

<< That did not go as planned. >>

[NPC Post]

dJyhKCt.png

• 1 month later...

It had taken weeks for Pandora to locate and find the planet from her visions, but now she stood upon the precipice of Ylesia's soil with intent to understand. Yet, she knew she had to be quick about finding out what this world meant and the players she saw in her dreams stood for. Gazing from behind veiled eyes upon this distraught world and its inhabitants, she casually walked upon the displaced and their exhausted emotions in cloaked form, not as Lady Pandora, but as one of them, under the assumed name of Pretal Miri. She had to be quick though, as she knew House Maximus, and likely the Imperial Remnant would be hot upon her trail.

Or so she assumed. But this world was different. The Galaxy was different. And it's confusion only inhibited her thoughts and planning. There seemed to none of the Remnant upon this world, only those whom were called Sovereign. Some even jested that they were of the former, and yet, she knew better. Or at least she thought so, even in her third day within the refugee encampment. Intelligence was never a strong suit of hers, but she knew how to play a part, and so she had spent most of her time describing those from her visions as lost family members and gathering intel of their whereabouts.

And at night, she laid awake for most of its hours in reflection, referencing the day's revelations in her mind so that a plan can be hatched as each piece clicked together to form a canvas within her mind. And yet, her mind remained as fractured as ever with the inclusion of the Sovereign and it's unknown role in harboring the refugees she had infiltrated. It had only been a month since she returned home to Andara from service. And yet, so much seemed aloof in the Galaxy she thought she knew. She often questioned this reality and her sanity. 

Yet, when Bull showed upon on Ylesia the following day and ousted her cover, the moment to move on came quicker than she had welcomed. After a rather quick duel ensued, both she and Bull were arrested and placed in detention while the Sovereignty was contacted. In was in their detainment, that Bull finally coughed up to the entire scheme and her cloning was revealed, sending Pandora into a catatonic state of mental break down. It wasn't until the next morning that Pandora's ruse had come to fruition and she had once again escaped.

• 2 months later...

Force… I am never sleeping on a surface that rough again

Keenava knew the Jedi despised attachments and luxury because they inspired indulgence, and that was a distraction—she’d heard the lectures and their Sith counterparts. She could understand the purpose behind the rhetoric—on the surface—and the meaning behind their words. Regardless, that rustbucket’s hull was riddled with uneven struts, scrap edges poking at her skin, and a malaise of noise and wet rodent smell that made getting any sleep a nightmarish effort.

How the hell she got to sleep on those slate metal sheets on Korriban was a mystery. Maybe she was able to endure the pain a lot more. Keenava shrugged inwardly. Still, she liked feeling things. It was a lot better than ignoring them or feeding on them.

The familiar sodden grass of the rebel camp was a welcome respite from Fallen and that accursed tin can that would barely pass for a ship. She flexed her feet and breathed in the welcome tropical air as she bent to and fro, listening as her back gave a satisfying crack that led to a welcome feeling of relief. After rolling her arms out and testing her quads by lifting her heels to her glutes in steady reps, she looked back as the Grandmaster departed the squib’s vessel.

Leena looked troubled. The way her brow ridge and eyes furrowed suggested that whatever she had waiting for her was not going to be brief.

"Take all the time you need, Leena," Keenava said softly, looking at the young woman with kind eyes. She offered a stabilizing hand as the Mon Cal walked past, and Keenava felt as if everything she’d planned had evaporated.

The former assassin watched as another of her masters walked away and wondered perhaps if she possessed some kind of inherent repellent that deterred any would-be mentorship.

My next master better watch out. I might start building a reputation.

Keenava chuckled a little at her own dark attempt at humor before padding into a cartwheel that sent her in the direction of her ship.

The Bloated Tortur sat on the tarmac as it had all that time ago when she ran into the former owner with, oh, so much grace. It was a fond memory, if clunky. It would likely have been less clunky if she hadn’t threatened him. He gave as good as he got, though, and soon they had a standoff on the deck, staring each other down with murderous intent. It was hard to believe that they’d had that kind of relationship, given where they are now. She wondered where he was now, considering she had his ship. Though, since he’d reconnected with his family and was no longer on the run, she was sure that wherever he was, he was happy.

She sighed contentedly.

Finally. Here I am. My own ship, my own home, my own community, my own name, and my own feet to carry me forward

She’d come a long way to get here, and she hadn’t achieved it alone. If it weren’t for her...

Keenava’s memory briefly flashed to the young woman on Falleen. Kyrie? Her name is Kyrie.

If it weren’t for Kyrie, she would’ve been stuck in a deep, murky blackness of void-like mortality. She would have been drifting far from the great Dejarik Board, the only life she ever knew, and any hope of ever getting back. And not only did Kyrie free her, but she gave her a gift. She allowed her to take back the choice she made all those years ago. And Leena, Roene, and Sandy all helped her see a new path—a path forward.

I’m sure her former masters would disagree and attempt to lay some sort of perverted claim on her if they had the chance. But, for the first time in a long time, she could truly and confidently say that her future and her choices were none of their effing business.

_____

A few moments later and the Twi’lek was beaming at her new ship. She'd taken a quick tour of the inside. And aside from needing a serious dusting, it was exactly as she remembered it.

She took a beat, looking at the landing gear. She flexed her hands and allowed her mind to wander, settling beside her newly acquired ship to practice a few martial arts techniques that she’d let get a bit rusty over the past few weeks.

We can’t have that

Her head swiveled around the improvised landing pad, noticing a few aliens ambling about, but she decided it wasn’t going to deter her. As long as she had ample space, she’d be okay.

Keenava’s heart thudded rhythmically in her chest, rapping out the metronome. Her left leg came up and crossed her midsection. She flexed her right foot, channeling her energy into the ground and shifting her balance to accommodate. She bowed her head slightly and allowed her arms to spread gently out to either side of her body, opened to the air around her, and arrayed like a massive yet lithe avian. Her hands stretched like talons poised to strike, and her lekku were lent to their devices, though she did not forget they were there.

Power came from this stance, but it was primarily a defensive starting position. What followed were a series of quick jabs that utilized the back of her wrists and the pointed ends of both of her hands. She kicked and spun, taking very graceful stances that harkened once more to that mysterious avian that Keenava had studied during her time on Corellia during one of her more annoying moments of solitude.

She had no choice but to pick up where she left off for fear of letting the silence aggravate her. Keenava had no such qualms now, but she still wanted to grow and didn’t like skills sitting unused. Her style was a hodgepodge of different styles that she'd watched her masters use, and she tried to incorporate things she studied and practiced—she looked to the animals, to the planet, and to the force itself to help make such things possible. Her studies even extended as far as to include multiple alien anatomies and their pressure points and nerve clusters. It created a fairly effective combo that could be used to be lethal or disable opponents. It also never failed to center her and work out her jitters whenever she felt cooped up. It was weak to use as a wholly aggressive tactic. To use it as such would underutilize its defensive capabilities and render the user vulnerable. That is why it was primarily used to defend, or ‘stun-and-run,' as she liked to say.

The sun beat across her brow, but her heart was hammering away with an effervescent elation as her lekku moved in tandem with her arms, creating an ebony silhouette that flew like a dark silken gossamer, hugging the wind.

Edited by Keenava Dira

Keenava Two Suns.png

Kata by kata Keenava moved. She sidestepped the rough surface of the tarmac, feeling the rough calluses of her feet tread across the pavement, and tumbled back to it. Her boots lay discarded beside her ship. She wished to balance her limbs and broaden her awareness. A layer of moisture blanketed her face. A smile tugged gently at her lips.

Her movements accelerated, becoming a little more frenetic. Each elegant stroke of her brush reached new acrobatic heights until Keenava was doing flips through the air. She sprung from the landing pad and landed upon the Torutur’s hull, using her momentum to launch backward into a somersault that carried her back down. Her heart and mind opened itself to the Force as the music of exertion sang in her mind. She let the flow of life that sang in the rebel camp carry her.

She could feel them all; the stevedores with their cargo, the troops with their routines, the nurses with their patients, and the other Jedi with their studies. Not in the sense that they were part of her, no. She felt as if they all washed down the river together. Each voice carried another current. Together they wove into a mighty invigorating energy that spun across the camp. It was a beautiful weave of life that strung them and the world together. 

After about an hour of practice, Keenava still felt energy buzzing within. However, her heart pounded against her chest, sending signals to her mind and indicating that it was time to stop. The Twi’lek used the momentum of her breaths and slowed the flow of her moves until she stilled. Her breaths worked out in metered repetitions. And, with a simple flourish, she returned to the foot of her ship. 

She exhaled deeply, a big grin stretched across her face. Her bright amethyst eyes shone with electric hues of effervescent glee. And she marveled at the fact that she could feel such beatific joy. 

When the high dwindled, her mind lingered briefly on her sister and mother. They could not enjoy such vibrance together, which wasn’t something Keenava would forget. But she could enjoy life for them. They fought to live every day they could, and Keenava felt like she wasted a lot of time. Every path in the dark led to conclusions that no one could understand. Each platitude she clung to while meandering upon the threads of torrid blackness did her no service. And every promise of strength was a fragile lie proposed by unstable minds.

It was, therefore, an odd sort of justice that pushed Keenava to live for every moment. Her mother would never see her shining face as she lived the life she’d always meant to live. But Keenava would still fight for every minute in tribute to the moments they lost.

• Like 1

Keenava Two Suns.png

• 3 weeks later...

The new tunic felt overly soft on her well scrubbed skin. She was far more used to utilitarian linen or micro mesh, from this last half decade of war. There have been no time for finery, for grand galas, or even the festive parties that marked the turning of the seasons on her home planet. She, too, had ignored, religious fasting, and nightly prayers had given way too the study of holomaps. 

But yet now here she was, dressed in the red and gold of her minor royal house. From an equally minor planet. Her father, no doubt, wished that she had decided to join the Knights instead of the Jedi. At least, then he could have gotten some exterior prestige from her death in battle. Now, instead, she was back to what she had done before the war. But what has she done before the war? What had any of them done? She felt almost entirely lost, and perhaps it was that lost feeling that brought her slowly on winding path to the huge landing fields again.

She almost didn’t notice the Twilek, who’s ritualistic combat was as well practiced as hers. Wven in such an unorthodox setting as the landing fields. But what coursed with the woman’s veins? Some sad memory? Some half begotten rage? Each imaginary blow carried a ghost of a spirit. Each drop of memory a hidden and waylaid sadness. 

An apprentice then? One of the many who had been left orphaned by the war? Alcmene set her bag down, picked up a quarterstaff of her own and leaning upon it she called out.

“Katas are good and well, but perhaps a spar would be better?” 

14365472_Alcmne.png.bfda32e929e4ce0bf873f82d453f414b.png

It had been a while, and Basi wasn't even sure how he'd gotten separated from his master and the group. But here he was he'd heard that some had amassed here and Basi meant to figure it out.  Radioing for permission to land as his X-Wing breaks orbit. Sighing in relief as he's granted permission he lands, powering down and climbing out. He glances around and starts to head off to find his people.

"Well I wonder where everyone went?" 

He wanders about looking a bit ragged and worse for the wear. His flightsuit filthy and a tad tattered. Ever present on his hip, his blaster a medpack and the broken lightsaber he'd brought with him. 

“This isn’t enough Saal…” The purple-skinned Twilek pushing the grav sled griped again.

Saal groaned slightly in response as he led the way. A government official stopped the two demanding to see an ID. Saal flashed a small legal card at the man, and brushly pushed him aside as he continued. 

“This isn’t enough to feed a family for a month, let alone 500 people.”

Saal groaned again and slowed down to walk alongside the Twilek. “I’m sorry Giv, did you have an idea for something better? Besides, relax, I got an idea.”

The Twilek gave the Bith an odd look. 

“I do!” Saal exclaimed. “Look, I know my little food drive fell through, but there’s no reason we can’t salvage the situation. Plus, nobody is expecting the results right away. I still have a few more cycles before deadline. Now hurry up before my feet give out again.” 

With his little spiel seemingly quieting Giv down, the two hurried and set up their position. With a decent crowd of refugees nearby, there was a good chance of getting some attention. Giv quickly unpacked one of the crates in preparation. 

"Everyone, may I have your attention! May I have your attention please!" Saal spoke up, speaking as loudly as his voice would allow him to. He stepped onto the now empty crate to get a little height so more could see him and his large Bith head. 

"We are members of the Sullust Avenged League, and this food, provided freely to you by the Red Eye chapter, is here to help you, the people most harmed by this terrible Sith War! "

Several people began to gather around. The promise of free food got their attention, and Giv was already struggling to keep up with the grabbing hands. 

"We live in terrible times! We have faced Cataclysm after Cataclysm like no other generation in the galaxy! The fall of Hesperium! The hostile takeover of Mon Cal! The destruction of Nar Shaddaa! Why, we are now seeing the extent of destruction on Falleen, with their royalty executed by the sith! This is nothing to say of the mass death of Sullust itself! No doubt, the galaxy has been beaten down over and over.

But we have survived! We, the people of the galaxy, have survived all the strife thrown at us and become stronger for it. But as we resettle and find our footing, we must remember that the cause of the Sith War is still in play! When you grow old, and your younglings turn to you and ask you if the Sith War will ever occur again, will you be able to say it won't? At the moment, it could happen easily! 

We, the S.A.L. are dedicated to making sure that the religion that plagues our galaxy will never commit such atrocities again! I can assure you we are doing everything to prevent another disaster like Hesperium! Support us, and our voice will grow! With our voice loud enough, the emperor himself will heed our words! Support us, and we will support you! We promise to brand the beldams and ban the blades! We are the Sullust Avenged League! So when you take these free nutrient blocks, and eat them in the coming days, remember our promise to you! Peace in the galaxy! "

As fiery as his words were, only a few individuals seemed to listen to Saals words. By the time he was done speaking, they had already ran out of free food and more than a few people had to be turned away. 

Saal scowled slightly as he and Giv packed up and moved away. The speech was decent enough, but with little public support at the moment, he couldn't be as specific as he wanted to. He couldn't out the jedi or the sovereign houses by name, only vaguely allude to their religion, lest he could be legally charged with a felony. 

"Hold up, I need to sit down…" Giv moaned. Saal nodded and sat down on the grav sled next to him. For a period of time, they didn't talk, just merely observed the planet around them, wondering what they would do next. 

With one last flourish and a small dip, Keenava sucked in a breath and collapsed to the ground. It had been a while since she indulged in martial practice, but she felt a giddy, lightheaded sensation at the familiar exhaustion that gripped her.

Still, even as she plopped down on the cold, asphalt-like surface of the landing field, she heard the scratching of boots and the slight shift of clothes as a woman approached. She was young, about a head and a half shorter than Keenava when standing at full height. Her appearance seemed tailored as if she spent hours alone on her hair. Nobility? Upper class?

Her body language suggested curiosity, and her bearing indicated that she led more with her non-dominant foot, as if she were used to bolstering or protecting. A shield user, perhaps? It was too soon to tell, and there was precious little evidence to go off of regarding her chosen weaponry.

Keenava shook her hands out, trying to scramble her innate impulse to build a profile on everyone who approached her and fought to reach a standing position.

"Katas are good and well, but perhaps a spar would be better?"

Keenava smiled at the offer, but she was having a hard enough time remaining on her feet.

"Normally, I'd accept, but I’ve been at this for a few hours, and I just really need to sit down. Do you want to join me? I don’t have much in my ship right now, but I have some basic rations if you want to share." The Twi’lek said, patting the hull of the ship that sat beside them on the pad.

Keenava Two Suns.png

Basic rations. Well there were worse things she could be eating, and the grumble in her stomach told her it was probably best to to take a pause anyway. Even if her heart desired to run into combat yet again, even if it was a pale mockery of the real thing. But after Naboo, she was not sure she even wanted to jump back into the real thing. The thought of it made her cringe. And deep in the recess of her mind she could feel the sudden hot of a lightsaber burning up her guts again. Bacta, sandrinium bone replacements, and cloned organs had fixed the wounds, but they still echoed in her with every step and every moment of silent reflection. 

But after four years of only really eating from a can or reheating pouch, she had a slightly improved idea of what to eat. She inclined her head and gave a slight bow. 

“You provide the main course and I will bring the wine and dessert.” 

Her family still had a mainline credit chit in her name, and it was time to make a new friend. A click off her commlink later and a hired orderly from the Taipani sector outreach group brought over two bottles of deep purple Cathani vintage wine, a tray of Sintar cakes and a table that would be set up beside the woman's starship. 

Basi approaches the pair by the starship, he's stretching and rolling his shoulders. He offers a smile and a nod of his head to the two. His gate is measured and one of a soldier stiff and moving with a sense of purpose, as if he's got to hurry to get wherever he's heading. Basi raises a hand and waves.

"Hey I made it back! Where is everyone?"

The question is asked before he can stop himself. His gaze landing upon the table and the bottles of wine and the cakes and he stops dead in his tracks and chuckles a bit. He rubs the back of his neck as he thinks for a moment or two.

"My apologies am I interrupting something?"

The Togruta's lekku twitch a bit as he takes in the room, trying to read the people here. He glances around a bit more as he takes in a breath and wonders aloud.

"Has anyone seen Master Leena?"

His tone hopeful, his eyes falling on Keenava and Alcmene.

• 2 weeks later...

"Alright, I’ll be right back," Keenava said with a happy sigh. 

Keenava rolled from a seated position into a handstand and pushed herself to her feet. She stretched her core a moment and took a few deep breaths before heading into the Bloated Tortur. 

Thankfully, Malin cleared the freighter out because Keenava remembered the state of things when Malin was at the con. And, to be frank, he wasn’t the cleanest individual. Keenava bounced against the metal of the ship’s hull on the balls of her callused feet to the kitchen at the center of the starship. 

She remembered when this place was buzzing with the pitter-patter of various feet and sighed a little to herself at the recollection. She would miss that. But maybe she would have her own crew someday. She wasn’t sure. Her future was a vast unknown. Much like space, it was terrifying and exciting all at the same time. 

While shuffling through the cabinets to find the rations, she found a secret hollow-backed compartment in the pantry that hid some vegetables. She looked over the vegetables with a careful eye and a cursory sniff or two. Then, with a soft smile, the Twi’lek quickly prepped and steamed her bounty and got to work arranging the rations for their impromptu picnic. 

When she was done, she had a big dish piled with rations and steamed vegetables with a handful of plates and silverware. She accidentally made a little too much, so she figured she would provide additional plates or flatware in case anyone else was hungry. 

She didn’t mind sharing, she was going to stock up before going anywhere anyway. 

_____

Keenava came out into the open air of the improvised landing area, gracefully balancing the plates and flatware with her shoulders and arms. She was busy setting her food and dishes up when Basi came up to their spot. 

“You’re not interrupting anything private. Feel free to grab a chair or seat and grab some food if you’d like. As for Grandmaster Leena, she is handling some private matters and she may be a while.”

Keenava piled a plate with veggies and rations, grabbed a glass of the fancy beverages provided by her new friend, and went to sit over at the table that was set up while she was rummaging in her ship. She settled down and swung her feet back and forth over the warm asphalt beneath them. 

Sure, it looked a little odd to be having a picnic on a landing pad, but she’d seen much weirder. 

• Like 1

Keenava Two Suns.png

Alcmène set the thin woven metal latticework of her shield beside her chair alongside the small satchel of her other supplies. Tucking it all beneath the seat with a quick nudge of her booted foot. Her grey eyes scanned the approaching pilot’s face, and seeing no ill intent she answered him with a wide smile. 

“Please join us pilot!” She raised a thin fluted glass up at him, and set another plate on the table that looked so out of place compared to its surroundings. Vaguely she hoped that not every pilot in the Alliance would trot over for some aged Cathani, but if they did, the credit chit had enough left on it to cover at least half whatever that would cost. Plus it was her families winery so they would reap a little benefit from such a feast… But her mind was wandering again. She turned her smile on Keenava.

“Thank you for this wonderful feast my new found friend!” She took a healthy serving and after taking a bite she looked back at the two of them. 

“What brings you both here? I myself am still listed as ‘in recovery-’” Here she raised both of her shoulders in an exasperated shrug. “-due to my injuries from my last mission. So I did not see the final battle against the sith. Did either of you see combat?”

Smiles and nods his head before looking to Keenava. He raises a brow Lekku twitching a bit before a smile revealing those sharp pointed carnivorous teeth.

"Master Leena, became Grand Master of the Order? When, where? oh but it's glorious and welcomed news it is."

His attention goes between the two. His thoughts cycling as he pieces things together, he taps the broken hilt upon his hip for a couple moments idly.

"Than it appears I find myself without a Master for the time being." Tapping his chin he shrugs and looks around and in short order takes a seat.

Alcmène's next question gets him shaking his head back and forth and shrugging a bit.

"No I mean, yes, I was recalled back to my squadron for a bit, which is why I wasn't on the front lines of battle here, though I wish I'd have been able to be there. I can't say perhaps I got listed as MIA not sure what info the Republic Military shares with the order."

• Like 1

“Yes, she became Grandmaster of the Order while we were fighting on Falleen. I’m not sure what happened to you there, but I am glad to see you well, Bas.” Keenava responded as she piled an ample serving of steamed veggies on her plate.

“As for the feast, you’re very welcome…” Keenava stalled for a moment before realizing no one had given names, so it was impossible to direct comments at the right person. 

“Welp, it seems I neglected a formal bit of introduction. My name is Keenava Dira. As for what brings me here, I was following Leena. I am waiting for her to finish her business, or here to find another master as well.” Keenava finished before stuffing a fresh bit of leafy green into her mouth. 

She mulled her thoughts on what to add regarding ‘seeing combat.’ Technically, she saw a lot of combat, though not as much as her former Sith peers. There were also the battles she recently fought on Falleen. But in the end, Keenava figured her new friend meant to ask whether she participated in the Sith battles of recent history. That proved to be an even more complicated answer. 

“I didn’t see much battle, but the why of it is a bit complicated.”

Keenava Two Suns.png

Of course she would miss a key measure of statecraft. No doubt if her father was here he would have been glad that she had been sent to the Jedi order instead of actively attempting to embarrass the household. She had still much to learn, and half a decade in active war footing without time for galas and finery had not been kind to her court etiquette. There was no shame in not seeing battle, and she smiled warmly at Keenava. She gestured both of them to take some of the wine. 

Her voice was soft when it came her turn to speak again, “My apologies, noble friends for not introducing myself, I am Alcmène of the house of Moriès. And though I am not a comparison in any way to Leena, I am very happy to oversee your training should either of you wish it until she returns.”

There was much to be done as jedi outside Ylesia, and as the galaxy again settled back into a cycle of peace, she had little doubt that there were still Sith waiting and biding their time.

"Have either of you had much formal training at all?" 

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking and looking deep within himself for a a few moments. Basi seems to lose himself to his thoughts for a while before Alcmène's words come barreling through. He traces his lekku with his fingers for a few moments.

"I am Basi of House Corrado, republic pilot and combat medic, sent to bring back a lightsaber hilt, only to be recruited into training. No I myself have not had much by way of formal training yet." He says politely.

Stretching a bit and glancing around. "I'd be honored to take you up on your offer Lady Alcmène." Basi gives a deep bow.

"Have either of you had much formal training at all?"

Keenava felt her throat dry up and practically seize as the last vegetable she ate tried to pass. The tips of her lekku squirmed, betraying her attempts at hiding her discomfort. After lightly rapping the side of her fist against her sternum and letting her food complete its southward journey, her expression grew speculative, and she stared at the table quietly.

When she was purified and allowed to roam the world again, despite the ending that Ailbasi so eagerly provided, she was eager to share her experience and story. She desperately wanted to share her story and her burden. But perhaps that was foolish. As a Sith, Keenava sought validation through acts of exponential chaos, and trauma wasn’t something to be explored or fixed. You used your trauma to feed your power.

But now, after her purification, regaining control of her mind, and reconciling her DID—which was still a relatively new concept—she no longer had an outlet. Too many emotions slammed through her with every breath, but they had nowhere to go. She knew where not to use them or put them, but that left a hole. So she went to the first person she found and dumped everything, which was overwhelming and unfair to Leena and Ruin. It had been a hot minute since she could understand healthy emotional responses or coping mechanisms. Therefore, it wasn’t easy to blame herself for such an indiscretion. But it did mean that now that Keenava had control, she needed a better way to relieve her restless thoughts and to express herself over time, with the explicit consent of anyone in attendance.

Keenava shook herself out of her reverie, slowly closing and opening her hands on the tabletop, restless.

"That's also complicated,” Keenava said after a beat.

The Twi’lek’s expression softened as she looked up at her new Tapani friend. “I, too, would be honored to take you up on your request, Lady Alcmène."

Keenava added the only honorific she knew of and bowed her head a little out of respect and deference to the Knight. 

“I even have a means of passage if we need to leave the planet.” Keenava half-mumbled. A small smile spread across her lips, and her head leaned toward the light freighter adjacent to their position.

Keenava Two Suns.png

A new objective, a new direction. An opportunity to make new friends, to guide them in the way of the Jedi, and to help ensure the next generation of Jedi Knights. An opportunity she would not give up lightly, for what better way had the force guided her here. It had given her an opportunity to heal, to train, and learn in the few years of peace that there would likely be in a galaxy ruined by generational war. She spread her arms wide and grinned at the two of them. There was hesitation in Keenava, but the source would reveal itself in time, and this was certainly not the time to pick at old scabs. 

“Then I most welcome the both of you in an informal apprenticeship. The Jedi order has been much scattered by this war, and I am blessed to have you both at my side.” 

She raised a glass of the expensive wine then looked both of them in the eye. Her Taipani accent was thick when she spoke again. 

“I swear to you by my life and by my sword that I will guide you in the right path. Through darkness and war. I will not abandon you.” 

She took a long sip, then set the glass down on the table. Lookign at the swirling red liquid that sat like a cup of blood in her hand. Blood that these two would very likely see. And no Jedi she had ever known had died a peaceful death surrounded by friends and loved ones. It was a hard life. And not a friendly one. Especially with a galaxy already on edge. 

"Tell me then my friends, what do you know and think of the Jedi order. What is your vision for your life ahead?" 

• 3 weeks later...

Keenava lifted her cup to join the toast. A soft smile stretched across her face at their newly formed group.

"Tell me then, my friends, what do you think about the Jedi Order? What is your vision for your life ahead?"

Another question, another challenge, and yet another thing she couldn’t reveal. Not yet. She wanted to say it. She ached to tell her everything, but there was no telling how this Jedi Knight would react. Was she a monster despite her purification? Potentially. Everything about her condition was new to her. Nothing could scrub the dirt from beneath her nails. No act of mercy or kindness could erase the faces of guilt that plagued her even now. Was she guilty in the past of consorting with darkness and committing horrific deeds? Most certainly. But did that mean there was no room for growth? 

Sandy, Leena, and even Ruin–a droid programmed to eradicate the Sith–had given her a chance. Would Alcmène do the same?

After the toast, Keenava set her glass upon their makeshift picnic surface and settled her hands on her knees. She grasped idly, and the tips of her lekku twitched ever-so-slightly with agitation. Her face was rife with concern. 

“I believe the Jedi Order offers a chance to start over. It offers straying souls a chance to come back. My vision for my life is to protect and guide those who may not have the strength to do so themselves.” Keenava said. Her eyes locked on Alcmène’s. Her deep amethyst eyes stared straight at her prospective master in the hopes that she understood the metaphor. The concern dropped from her face and lit her eyes. She tried to convey her intent to redeem herself within that moment of eye contact. It was a moment of vulnerability that she wanted to share. 

If Alcmène wished, Keenava would share as much as the Knight wished. But she didn’t want to reveal her story if it was unwanted. The history between the Sith and the Jedi was usually a bloody one. It ruinously destroyed any attempts at peace between the two Orders. But if she was to be a padawan, she needed her Master to understand.

Edited by Keenava Dira

Keenava Two Suns.png

Kirlocca took in a deep breath as he helped maneuver his ship towards the surface of the planet. He marveled at the planet's beauty, and was astonished at the fact in his very long life had never once placed a foot on the surface before. As he landing his ship, he made his way into the surface of the planet and allowed for the Force to flow through him. He could feel much of what had transpired before on this planet. Slaves and their agony, along with a heavy lingering smell of spice hung within the air. Letting the currents fill him, the Jedi Master understood why the Force would call him here. 

Letting a moment pass before he began to walk around the streets, letting the Force guide him in his movements. With each step he allowed for his own presence within the Force to be pushed out and felt. He had hoped that there would be any sort of healing from the Force aura that he was emitting. This planet held lots of suffering. He would be here to do what he could. 

A chance to start over. Yes there was redemption in the teaching of the Jedi Order. But there was also the harshness of non compromise. One could not hang onto their old life and also be a Jedi Knight. She herself barely if ever saw her family and had sworn off inheritance and any chance at a throne. A throne that would very easily be hers if she wanted it. But even that temptation barely stirred in her head. The woman was strong and had been through much in her life, that Alcmene could easily tell. And as far as she was concerned, there was no better place to try and right her life than the Jedi Order. And though Alcmene had not come from a background of poverty, torture, or whatever hell the Twilek had stepped out of, Alcmene would do her all to support and guide her through the harsh journey to become a Jedi. 

There was also no better way to recover from her own deep and lasting injuries than to help someone do the same. She raised her glass and took a final sip. 

“Then let us begin. Let us touch the force together and find where we may start. When I touch you, I want you to concentrate on silence. On emptying your mind. I find repeating a prayer or phrase very helpful in this. Do not worry about why may bubble to the surface, I will be there beside you in every step.” 

She took a deep breath and reached her hand out to Keenava, her thin white fingers brushing the blue wrist.

Alcméne seemed at ease for the moment but did not give Keenava much time to clear her mind before reaching out and clasping her wrist. Their minds linked when the Tapani’s alabaster hand closed fully about Keenava’s ebony skin. The Twi’ek hadn’t been ready to join minds or thoughts with anyone. She hadn’t trained in Jedi methods regarding the prevention of mental intrusion. They formed a channel against her wishes. Images and thoughts rushed past before Keenava could focus on silence as her new master requested. 

Hands, marred by blood, would never be clean. Faces of several hundred people flashed in and out. Golden eyes, red sabers, blood, and viscera filled the span. The smell of death and a bouquet of misery were present within the mire. But, where hatred, anger, and sadistic glee were previously at home, sadness, regret, and guilt took root. These were not memories of pride. They were not trophies of valor or joyous conquest. These were ghosts.

Keenava had resolved her DiD and accepted herself past and present, but it wasn’t easy to just snap everything away. She would always atone. She would always work to better herself. Otherwise, what was all this for? She’d just be the same monster she was before.

After a moment, Keenava managed to breathe and sweep away the dark thoughts as instructed. There was little to do regarding what her prospective master saw. She knew other masters who let her go for less and other people who tried to kill her for less as well. It wasn’t exactly an endearing trait. 

Keenava swallowed away her shame for the moment and continued to sing a lullaby that her mother taught her when she was very young. The soft notes of the lullaby helped to soothe the hurt, and the words to occupy what little brain power her shame took away.  

She gave herself to the flow of the force around her and joined Alcméne in the quiet peace of the moment.

Edited by Keenava Dira

Keenava Two Suns.png