Falleen

Darth Heretic

A troop of landspeeders were on the move, flying tightly in formation, the air filled with fluttering banners. The sound of the pulsar-engine’s droning whine was drowned by a cacophonous speaker system that filled the dusk with the sound of synthetic hoofbeats, a façade of ancient calvary noises. At its head was a massive LAVr QH-7 Chariot, painted in obsidian black, with a fake horsehair tail fluttering from the rear. Upon a leatherbound saddle, sat a similarly massive Hutt, his corpulent mass hoisted into the crimson jacket with leather crossbelt of a bygone age. Upon his bald head was a distressed powdered wig, windblown and matted beneath a black bicorn from which an avian feather streamed.

The massive Hutt pulled upon the reigns that came from the windows of the repulsarcraft, turning it to slew beside the Sith Forces and greeted their leader with a bray of obnoxious laughter. He reached a greasy leather riding glove down and patted the roof of the speeder.

<<Delta, my boy! Don’t you love her, picked her up from a breeder in Borkuna for a small fortune in ginnies.>>

The Hutt caressed the metallic roof and gave the clone an eye glittering with mirth.

<<You don’t see many of her speed and handling outside of the Pokmanian Rim these days.>>

The Hutt looked upon his old friend’s invasion force with a crooked smile and gave them a wave of greeting from his saddle.

<<My Emperor’s Household Royal Hussars are at your command>>

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?

Prince Ar-Cephlion of the Falleen Throne shook with righteous anger. 

"The Sith Lords are here after we have given them absolutely no trouble whatsoever? Is this madness?”

He looked to his commander. The Royal Guard was a strong force, if inexperienced in their task. 

“We cannot fight them in system my Prince but we can defeat them on the ground and sue for better terms.” 

The Prince nodded his head. 

“Then do it, spare no expense.”

Across the surface, the local militias and air-borne fighters began to mobilize. Artillery in the palace ground began to ruthlessly shell the landing zones of the Sith Naval Marines and Special Operations Forces. While the Prince sat in his palace. 

NPCs for boardwides and small stories on request

“Get those AT-PTs unloaded as fast as you can, we need a perimeter at the vizier’s palace. First and se-”

“Commander, locals coming in fast. Possible partizans?” Nara Sembree held up the high focus binoculars and Delta pressed the eyecup against his ‘T’ visor. He broke into an unrestrained grin under his helmet and passed the binoculars back to the lieutenant. 

“No need to worry, these are reinforcements...” He let his voice trail off. “...of a kind.” 

He snapped a stiff salute at the mighty Hutt as his oddly decorated chariot LAV came to a screeching halt beside the Sith drop ship. The rest of his command team instantly knelt. 

“Lord Sheogorath, did you tire of eating Jedi Knights and wanted to join in the chaos and ugliness of world conquest?” 

He gestured towards the distant palace whose four spires stood out like some hagia sophia of the Yellow District. Distant puffs or white smoke told the story of the heavy artillery that was beginning their ugly work. 

“There are princes and princesses that have to be killed, captured, or ransomed. Or something like that.”

An artillery shell exploded a Sith Shuttle above them, raining bodies and equipment like a summer rain. 

“Spast it all. Company form up, we are going to extract that kriffing prince dead or alive.”

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

As the distant artillery began their rumbling report, a low whisper came from the jolly Hutt, accompanied by the smell of stale tobacco and partially digested rum

<<I never tire of the taste of Jedi, damn good stuff no matter the age.>>

The Hutt’s eyes blinked several times,

<<Well that sounded better in my head.>>

The sound of air-fighter engines began to whine in over the verdant hills. The Hutt Master smiled again, a crooked and ugly thing. Hunger began to whip through the evening wind as he called out orders

<<Hussars, to the rear, pour anti-air fire into the bastards as they try a strafing run, free fire by platoon.>>

To Delta, he smiled again, rather whistfully.

<<If we had someone to duel and tie, I’d volunteer that boy Mavanger for the Forelorn Hope, poor lad just wants recognition… Despite his proclivities.>>

With a whip of his reigns, the Hutt began to move his landspeeder to work down the line of Sith forces, to inspire them with his charismatic smile and to feast upon the fear and trepidation that battle brought with it.

OvQX5BE.png

Darkness Reunited

Karys was already aboard the same dropship as Sheog The Mad's war chariot pulled up alongside them. He had taken the opportunity to ride with the veteran clone as a way to learn more about him...at least beyond all the rumours and legendary reputation that proceeded each of his steps. So far the Sith Lord could see why he had such a reputation.

The efficiency of the first strike was inspiring. And yet Akheron wished the prince had listened to reason and agreed to join. They had not taken the Sith's threats seriously, ignored transmissions for diplomacy over the last few weeks and would now pay the price. Paying for their ignorance and superior sense of entitlement.

As Sheog and Delta spoke, Akheron remained silent for the time being. At least until the two were done. It brought a smile under his mask to see his former master again. It had been too long. As always his presence eclipsed all in the darkside...enthralling as always. Akheron, stepping forward to stand beside Delta and his men, and gave a bow as he too knelt. 

As always he showed due respect. Even as artillery began to rain hell on earth. He could feel the partisans, fear rampant and dread spreading like wildfire among them. Dread at what was coming, a wave of death unseen here for generations and the Wrath of the Sith at their throats. Akheron drunk from the force, the Darkness inside him feeding from the emotions around him. 

Preparing him, for what was to come. 

" Master Sheog, it has been too long my former mentor. Much time has passed but I can assure you, I remember your lessons well. I finally ripped my chains of my old habits, and awakened my true self. My sabbatical was most beneficial, and I feel more at one with my Wrath than I ever was. Although it looks like the Darkness pulled us both back from the shadows and into the chaos and fire of war. It is good to see The Spider still holds sway over the galaxy."

Just as he was about to say more, more artillery tell upon their position. Turning to Delta and hearing he was gonna try bag the prince, he opted to tag along.  What better way to feel the thrill of combat once more than beside perhaps one of the best clones ever produced. At least he thought so. Besides it would allow them to get to know each other better, both in a tactical sense and as allies.

That and it would allow him to teach the prince a more...personal lesson. From one prince of sorts to another. 

"Captain Delta, if you have no objections I wish to travel with you and your men. A chance for us to fight together, and to punish him personally for daring strike at my former master, Sheog and ourselves. He will long for death before the end."

Edited by Karys Narat iv-Adas

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

Delta snapped another quick and efficient salute towards the Sith Lord. 

“If you so desire, then let's begin the push.” 

He adjusted the quick detach sling on his rifle and gestured to his unit. 

“Advance alongside the AT-PTs. We have a short jog ahead of us, expect enemy contact as soon as we get close to Objective. Lord of Madness, as soon as we hit stiff resistance if you may grant us your powers of battle meditiation I would be much obliged.”

He gestured again and the units began to move. Five squads per AT-PT and one of the efficient scout walkers per street towards the palace. With additional squads and heavy weapons held back in reserve for when they needed the heavy firepower.

Ca'Aran

A Falleen Sniper team watched as the squads and heavy walkers began their move. 

“Escalation Terminal.” The commanding sergeant whispered to his spotter, who just like him, was crouched in one of the high skyscrapers that jutted over the long paved streets of the city. The Sith were advancing down the main causeway, which brought them under his guns. 

“Loading Antimateriel.” 

He selected the ionized phrik sabot round from the pouch his heavy gun was sitting on and placed it into the bolt. His reptilian eyes focused on the mag driver battery as it charged to full, then he activated his comm link. “Units two and three focus on the non combatants. Likely Sith Lords.” 

He leveled the sight onto the AT-PT and squeezed the trigger. 

The mobile mass driver jumped in his hands as on the floors below two other heavy drivers barked their reports. Slinging their heavy projectiles at thirty times the speed of sound towards the Hutt and the Sith Lord. 

“Take that you little shits.”

And on the causeway the Falleen Home Guard began their own assault. Three heavy anit aircraft weapons opened up on the advancing troops. 

Hunger flicked in the air, twisting and rising above the Hutt like the acrid smoke of a spice-pipe in the hands of a Twi’lek preschool teacher. Artillery fell around the Sith like rain, and from them the Krath drew deeply of their energy, bleeding it into his veins. A sprinkling of shrapnel richocheted from the AT-PT, spraying across the Hutt’s bicorn and wig. The superheated metal seemed to warp and bend as it flew close to the Hutt, bleeding away mass as if it were being drawn into The Maw itself.

A voice spoke up from beside him, and the Hutt eyed the newest addition to his group with consternation and displeasure, the man smelled of pure-blooded arrogance and misplaced wrath. The Hutt bowed slightly to the man and spoke,

<<Ah… Lucifer was it? Didn’t I kill you at some point?>>

The Hutt’s eyes rolled back and his tongue waggled across his misshapen gums as he tried to remember if he had tasted of the man’s soul in the past. A finger wound through the ringlets of powdered wig, feeling the coarseness of the wampa-and-wookiee hair blend.

<<Hm, perhaps not. Well… Darth Lucifer, I will trust you to disable their anti-aircraft.>>

The Master of Gluttony smiled next to Delta, giving him a quizzical raise of a rolled eyebrow

<<Not quite sure if battle meditation still works as it used to, the Force is oddly fickle these days... Wouldn't surprise me if it was restricted to the Jedi Con->>

Hunger surged as the Hutt trailed off, lazily squelching himself to the side of his saddle, causing the whole speeder to list dangerously. A mass-driver round cut through the air, setting part of his wig alight and the whole speeder toppled over in a horrendous crash.

The AT-PT driver was unlucky, being cut in half by another round, while his co-pilot leapt from the burning walker. The Hutt chortled a dark laugh as he pulled his mass from the tangles of his reigns. The Sith Master’s crimson eyes sparkled with hints of flaming gold as he looked upon the distant skyscraper from where the blast had come from.

<<That was my finest stallion… Cost me damn near a hundred ginnies.>>

The AT-PT’s co-pilot began to screech and dove to the ground and roll as if he was on fire, as hunger began to consume him. Flesh turned to ash, serrating nerves and eliciting pain to drive a frenzy of emotions, a dualistic feast upon which the Hutt could sup. The Sith channeled the man’s pain and flesh into raw power.

The rearmost rank of landspeeders from the Emperor’s Household Hussars leapt forward, driven into the darkening sky by the power of the Force, snatched from the ground as if by the winds of a tornado. The flaming AT-PT was wrenched into the air, its metal howling and shrieking as it was bent and warped by the Hutt’s power.

With a derisive sniff, the Hutt whipped all seven landspeeders and the AT-PT to the speed of sound. The crackling booms of the sound-barrier being broken added to the cacophony of war, and the Hutt sent the eight missiles towards the skyscraper. The terrified screams of their crews echoed from the Hutt’s own wrecked speeder and the Hutt’s laughter continued.

<<Oh, well I hope your prince isn’t in there…>>

OvQX5BE.png

Karys sighed under his mask as Sheog appeared to have yet again forgotten his Sith title. Whether on purpose or not, Akheron could not tell, only that he seemed displeased to see him for some reason...not that he cared one way or the other. He was here to complete a task and he would see it done, regardless of what anyone thought of him. 

He would prove his worth. Just as he would deliver a sacrifice to the Fanged God, to the Darkness as was demanded of him. It was then that Wrath surged in the Force, wrath directed towards him as several mass driver rounds sailed through the air towards the two Sith. Reacting almost instantaneously to the surging feeling he felt, Darth Akheron dived with the power of the force behind him to his left, narrowly avoiding being blasted to oblivion. 

Another round downed a AT-PT, shredding the pilot and co-pilot to ribbons. Lifting himself, Akheron narrowed his eyes through his mask towards the skyscrapers. He quickly surmised snipers were likely the cause of the chaos. He moved for cover, motioning the troops to do the same. Hearing Sheog speak out, Akheron had no objections.

Moving with a zig zag, Akheron set to work, allowing Sheog to deal with the snipers whilst he brought vengeance upon the anti-aircraft crews. He began issuing orders.

"Captain Delta, I need your assistance. Bring half the heavy weapons forward and concentrate firepower upon those tanks. Rain hell upon them. Keep them occupied until I give the signal. You shall know it when you see it. I intend to bring the causeway down...And them with it, metal and mortar shall become their tomb."

With that he advanced, entrusting that the veteran clone knew roughly what he intended to do. Finding cover behind a large pile of newly formed rubble, Akheron stretched out in the Force. Unleashing his caged beast, the Wrath within. His true self. Pulling at the threads in the force, he focused upon the causeway, at least the section underneath the anti-aircraft emplacements. And with his Wrath he pulled...strongly, attempting to weaken the structural integrity and collapse it upon itself, bringing both the tanks and the causeway down in a pile of rubble, body parts, metal and ash. 

Hopefully the first of many to die by his hand, for daring defy the Sith.

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

The round blew through the AT-PTs canopy with little care for the driver who had just celebrated the arrival of a new kid. Well at least the little brat wouldn’t be an orphan. Then the scout walker was picked up and hurled into the distant building where its fuel reserves and ammunition storage exploded in a burst of fire and white phosphorus. Not enough to take down the building of course, but they had other objectives. 

“Push forward to the palace. Leave these snipers to the Navy. Lieutenant Jisara?”

He looked at the Sith Lord and shrugged. 

“Lieutenant Sembree grab the second laser des and follow this Lord.” 

She nodded and bounded after Akheron while the other lieutenant brought up the monocular like device and played its laser across the base of the huge apartment complex. She found a good spot with direct reflection to the sky and then hit her comm link. 

“Echo three one, to Hellkite actual. Requesting fire support mission. Designation in place.”

The static that echoed back in her ears told her that the Star destroyer above was at least listening to the transmission, then the sound of fire control’s voice echoed through her helmet. He had a thick outer rim drawl, but he was fast.

“Understood Echo Three One. Adjusting perimeters, fire coming in.”

It only took five or so seconds, then the word through her designator turned an eerie white. The blast wave hit them all next, sending a mass of dust up as three turbolaser blasts hit the top of the apartment complex and split it open like a muja fruit. Fire jutted for a moment from every window, then the building cracked apart, its interior turned to duracrete slag. 

Delta grinned under his helmet and watched as another trio of turbolaser blasts lit up the sky where the Sith Lord was making his moves. He looked sideways to the great Hutt and shrugged. 

“You may have the force, but we have the Imperial Navy.” 

Ca'Aran

A mass of infantry were all that were left between the palace and the Sith forces. Led by the prince himself in an outfit of shiny gold durasteel armour. He perched next to an E-Web emplacement and tried his best to inspire his men. Not being a man of any originality he simply repeated the words of some holofilm he had seen a hundred times, replacing names where was convenient.

"Sons of Falleen!"

He took a deep breath.

"Of The Princedom!"

He gestured with his blaster rifle at the burning buildings. 

"My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Falleen fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Falleen comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the Princedom!”

It didn’t quite work for the occasion. But neither was this defense. 

Darth Akheron smiled beneath his mask as his task was accomplished, as promised all that remained of the causeway was rubble, metal, death and ash. The screams of the dead and dying filled the air, chaos reigned here as hell appeared to have risen and come to Falleen to collect the souls of those that were damned. Many were also vaporized instantly, released in laser death.

Good, more souls to feed his deity, the Fanged God and induct their children into the Sith and Clan Brashganu. They would be most pleased. 

Feeding upon the feelings of fear, rage, despair, hate, Akheron's eyes changed colour...a deathly black as all that remained of what were once yellow pupils faded into the darkness. Looking at the pompous prince...he laughed slightly at his futile attempt to rally what remained of his troops. Echoing a holofilm, butchering the words and no doubt marking the directors face with absolute horror. Only death awaited them if they continued to serve the fool. And yet Karys was reminded of how similar they were...at least once upon a time.

How things had changed.

Regardless it was time to end this farce. Akheron called over to the Lieutenant that had been assigned to him.

"He certainly likes to talk...let's give them something to talk about shall we."

Echoing a Sith of distant past, Akheron without emotion gave a order.

"Wipe them out...all of them. The Fanged God...the Darkness will only be appeased with their destruction, if they desire to follow their prince...so be it, too their end. We shall feast atop their bones and revel in their screams. Spare the prince once I bag him personally...but keep him detained. He shall watch as his men suffer...I have something special in mind for him".

Moments after and his attention was focused fully upon the prince. In the Force, Akheron fed his Wrath, allowing it to fuel his abilities like a fire being fuelled by hot coals or wood. Stretching out his organic arm, he forcibly attempted to pull the prince, first above the crowd and then towards the Sith Lord. As if to manipulate a puppet upon a invisible set of strings. In his other hand was held his saber, ready and waiting to defend him if he had too.

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

“Push ahead my Lord, kill that blasted prince and I’ll take care of the rest.” 

Delta and his men began to lay down a withering fire upon the Prince and his men. Now it was up to the Sith Lord to finish this.

Ca'Aran

Karys let out a brief smile beneath his mask as his attempt wielded a positive result, to his amusement but detriment to the opposing rebellious forces he currently faced. He could feel the prince in the force...initially of shock, soon followed by fear, terror, panic and despair as he found himself pulled from behind his hiding spot, and unceremoniously dragged through the air into Darth Akheron's waiting gauntlet enshrouded hand.

A section of the wall fell as he was pulled, falling onto a E-web below and crushing the men stationed to it. Once in his hand, Akheron spoke as he disarmed the prince of his blaster, throwing it to a nearby trooper...a war souvenir.

"Do you see now dear prince, how futile it is to resist. Know now the price of your ignorance and defiance...as you watch your men die before your eyes. Their anguish shall be the last thing you bare witness too.

Your life is forfeit to The Darkness. But worry not for your family, your children shall have the honour of serving in House Brasganu, where they shall be educated and instructed in the truth of the galaxy."

He bound the prince, forcing him to watch the slaughter unfolding before his eyes, Akheron savored the feelings of rage and horror he felt directed at him. Every feeling and emotion continuing to feed his Wrath even as they advanced. 

The prince struggled to keep pace, but was forced to none the even as they passed the bodies of what were once his men, some of whom he had known as friends from a young age. His most loyal subjects and now nothing but charred corpses that continued to pile up. 

As the last fell, Akheron could feel eyes peering into the back of his skull. The lieutenant no doubt, who sighed at seeing the prince still alive. Akheron simply smiled again, not that she could see it. He knew she would get her wish soon enough...but first he needed a audience.

Now the more rebellious elements were dealt with, it was time to address the common people. And make a example of the prince, all would soon know the price of ignorance and defiance. 

He addressed the lieutenant.

"I know what your thinking, I don't need to read your mind to know it. Your bearing tells me much. Why is he still alive? The answer is quite simple...a example must be made and the people must know who now truly holds away here and over the rest of the galaxy. 

The prince shall burn as a offering to the Dark and all show know the price of defying The Spider's rule. Sweep the city. Gather any remaining men, women and children and bring all here under heavy guard. Any refusals are to be treated as hostile and are to be dealt with lethal force. When you get back, separate the men, women and children into 3 groups. I shall explain more when you return its purpose. Regardless of what happens next, all Falleen must bare witness to this exchange of power and the punishment of rebellion."

Akheron.jpg

The Hutt paused, sipping upon his ornamental pipe, savoring the spiced taste of the perique blend as he watched the Princedom of Falleen fall into ruin. The Lord, Karys seemed to have the combat well in hand, alongside that beloved clone trooper. The Hutt spoke up from the rear of the Sith line as he squeezed his bulk among his own troops to return to his ship,

<<Well done… Karys, you may well be the new Lord of Wrath! Keep up the good work, I’m sure Exodus will have great things in store for you.>>

He waved a greasy palm at the clone trooper, a wry smile curling across his malformed features

<<Sorry, spaced out, you know how it is. Sometimes these damn invasions are but skirmishes. I kinda hoped for a few Jedi to devour…>>

He breathed out a spicy trail of smoke.

<<Anyway, I’ll probably show up again randomly, you know how it is. Could be a week from now, or randomly at the next fight. Hah, could be never, you never know!>>

And with that, the great Hutt was gone, his ship roaring away towards the heavens and doubtless another damnable invasion. Galactic conquest was an unending game, and one the Hutt had much disdain for. There was little mischief to be had, and far too little to eat.

OvQX5BE.png

As the mechanical being slithered and glided between the piles of corpses, his entire body shook with what could only be described as excitement. 

“Oh my my my Tear, look at all these! Oh such beautiful pieces! Oh how I wish we could stop and...Tear! Stop that, we can’t...why you little…”

Solus had to stop and tighten the cord that connected directly to his wrist. Despite his sudden pull and stern words, Solus was unable to pull the Tuk’ata on the other end. The Sith hound was enjoying a few chomps of flesh too much to worry about the pain the electric collar caused it. 

Solus’ yellow sensor flickered red for a moment. With the strength that only a droid could summon, Solus pulled sharply, practically choking the beast.  The collar activated, giving a painful jolt. Tear ignored it for a moment and gave a tug, but relented after a moment. It knew better than to try to fight back too much. Besides, Tear had gotten as least two swallows of Falleen flesh.

With his beast at his side, Solus straightened up and slithered forward. He looked out of place, being a large droid-like being amongst piles of corpses. The shard's grip tighted in anticipating for Tear to make a run for some of the bodies. Truth be told though, Solus would’ve enjoyed letting Tear loose. So many bodies to look at. So many wounds to examine. So much blood to inspect. So much meat to eat. While on Korriban, Solus had a few chances to look at wounds and bodies, but nothing like this. Nothing like the mass carnage that had occurred here. 

“I mean Tear, look at all of this!” Solus gestured with his free hand towards the corpses all around them. “No where on Korriban would we have gotten to see something like this. And yet we cannot partake in looking closer. Oh, why in the name of the Force are we even here if we can’t do a little looking…”

Tear growled at his owner. Solus nodded, pretending to understand. Truth be told, Solus was beginning to understand his hound better. At Korriban, Lady Sirena and Lord Roshan had to leave, but had instructed Solus to care for Tear, bring him to health, and get him under control. With some help from the locals, and a few nights of angry hallucinations, Tear’s legs had healed and came to the realization that the metal being holding its leash was its master. And with that, Solus gained a fragment of understanding. 

“But then those people...hmph! Soldiers or whatever they were. They had no respect for us!” Solus paused and adjusted his vocabulator, imitating the voice of a gruff and grumpy man.  You! War Droid! Get on that ship. The Lord of Wrath has no patience for malfunctioning units.” 

Solus waved his hand towards the imaginary soldier he conjured up in his head. 

“Bah, as if they had no knowledge that I am a child of Roshan. But still, I must admit...the Lord of Wrath…”  Solus spoke these words as if he had a chill saying them, despite being a shard in a robotic chassis. 

“I am curious about this being. Perhaps, Tear, he will teach us something of the Force? Maybe he is a god like Lord Roshan and Lady Sirena? Oh he must be, to have such a title! Perhaps he will teach us something of the ‘Wicked Flame’?  Hahaha! of course he will! Such knowledge must always be passed on to others!”

“Droid! Shut that yapping and get over here with that mongrel of yours.” A soldier called out. 

Solus immediately silenced himself and followed suit. He was ordered to take a group of women and children towards the palace and to kill anyone who didn’t obey. 

“Fascinating…” Solus pondered. “Well, let's get to it you...Falleen? Oh my, this world of worlds is so fascinating. Anywho, let's move! Solus the Ascended commands it!” 

With a tug on the leash, Tear leapt forward and snapped at the Faleen. The people jumped and moved away from the hound, in the direction Solus was told where the palace was. Solus chuckled to himself. Organics were so scared of little things like teeth. Weren’t there bigger things to worry about? 

solus.png.1650ac06c988997ee4153ec4d899dbe1.png

Karys couldn't help but smile again as Sheog at last offered a degree of approval, and appeared to get at least one of his names right...even if was his true name, one he would of rather not be spoken of quiet so openly. But he could do little about it, thus he simply accepted what little praise he had been given and forgot about the rest. 

Everything appeared to be running smoothly, with the troops following his orders as expected. The elderly, woman, children and what remained of the cities men were quickly rushed into a large square near the centre of the city, where a large crowd was gathered in front of what appeared to be a recently constructed wooden stake with their former prince attached to it, bound tightly.

No doubt Solus would find amusement by it all...and what was to happen next. 

As the final group entered, Akheron's attention was drawn to them. Not at first, it was only after he noted a strange looking droid pulling along of all things a tu'kata that his attention was brought upon them. Which surprised him, afterall not many made it off Korriban and even then they were notoriously difficult to tame or capture. Many back home had struggled during his youth to accomplish the task. And yet another mystery persisted. 

He was almost certain he felt the Force from the droid...which should of been impossible.

Akheron dismissed the notion, at least for now, he would enquire after the more important task at hand was dealt with.

Keeping the crowd back, and ready to act on a moment's notice, troops stood vigil over proceedings. Even as transport shuttles waited behind for a sinister purpose yet to be revealed.

"I offer you greetings, people of Falleen. I am sorry for your current treatment but it is necessary. Less you get ideas. I am Darth Akheron, some know me as the Lord of Wrath, but to you...I am not here to oppress but to liberate you. From this man." he gestured towards the prince... "And his loyalist dogs. A man who rather than discuss a peaceful transition of power to a more stable governance, one free of the rebellion and their Jedi puppets...opted instead for ignorance and bloodshed. In a war that could have been avoided, when all we offered was the chance to help you ascend as a people to greater heights than you have yet known.

And now I am left with no choice. Make no mistake, what happened previously and what happens next lays in his hands. Hands now sullied with blood. But fear not for your salvation, the Sith and I of Clan Brasganu offer a solution. It is said that such blood cannot be cleansed by any other than the purest of means, the purest of judgement. By sacrifice. And so in accordance with Clan Brasganu traditions, let him be cleansed by flame and ash. 

May the Fanged God burn you of your crimes and cleanse you whole. Worry not for your women, children of yourself and your dead...and those men that yet live, they shall have the privilege and honor of joining Clan Brasganu."

On that notion, Akheron gestured to a trooper and the wooden stake was quickly set to the flame.The screams of the prince echoed for several minutes before shock took hold and he died. He turned to the woman and men.

"Your children will remain safe even if they are separated from you, as long as you behave and inform others of your race to likewise act accordingly. Insurrection and rebellious nature's of any kind will not be tolerated, it would invoke my wrath upon not just you but your children as well. I hope I make myself clear. Follow the troops to your assigned transport and await further instructions once you have arrived from one of my officers. With that a bid you farewell."

Turning to the troops he had them separate the adults from the children before each were taken to different transports to be transferred to different locations on the planet and elsewhere in the galaxy, the children to be indoctrinated into the clan....and the woman to build ships, maintain equipment and work alongside the remaining men to become part of a new cog in the war machine that was the Sith Empire.

So long as they behaved, their children would remain unharmed. Insurrection and defiance off his new rule over Falleen would be met by equal Wrath. Darth Akheron was a known to be a man of his word. Finally he walked up to the droid, seemingly inspecting, scrutinizing.

As unusual as he appeared, in the force, Akheron saw his potential. And So he decided to take a calculated risk...he would teach the droid if such a thing were possible. He would soon see what lay ahead....either he would be of use and prove himself strong enough to pass the trials ahead to ascend or he would fall. As many before.

"And what pray tell are you...and how in chaos is it a droid has taken to a tuk'ata of all things. I sense the force in you...droid. But this should be impossible. Tell me how this came to be, and how you came by the tuk'ata and you may just make it out here alive to tell the tale of what you just witnessed. Speak quickly, my time is not a commodity to waste. It invokes my Wrath. "

Akheron.jpg

Arriving at the palace, Solus’ attention was immediately brought to the prisoners. Not the women and children, but the men, and specifically the one tied to the wooden stake. Solus didn’t know much about culture, but he could tell that the one tied up was certainly important. 

“Tear, do you think that...I wonder what will happen. Why tie someone up? To an object like that no less. Perhaps just as I was ascended, he will descend to my previous status? Yes, wouldn't that be a fascinating task”

Tear didn’t answer, too focused on trying to chase after the prisoners the two were guiding. There was so much meat here to eat, and its master could only ponder outloud stupid questions.

Solus felt what he could only describe as a chill. Despite having no nerve tissue, his entire chassis shivered in response to some outside force. Some power that Solus could feel only be instinct.

Then Solus saw him. Just by sight alone, Solus knew who it was. The figure standing in charge of the entire situation. All attention was on him. Solus could feel in his shard the waves of power coming off of the being. It felt like the fires in that hidden city. It  felt familiar, if only because of how close Solus had left that planet. 

“An echo of Korriban. The Lord of Wrath” Solus whispered. Tear also was staring at the being, feeling the same effects its master felt. 

As the Lord of Wrath spoke, Solus listened to each word, fascinated with the being. Now that he was seeing the person, the power was so much more obvious. Solus recalled how Lord Helios and Lady Sirena had similar power emanating off of them, Unconsciously, the robotic being’s tail began to shiver and shake in excitement. 

“I must meet him. I must. By my very shard, I will meet this all powerful god…”

Then the soldiers set the man on fire. But even the screams of a man in pain, nor the sight of flesh turning black and then into smoke, could pull Solus’ attention away. But it did not escape his notice. It only strengthened his desire to meet this Lord of Wrath. After all, if he could give the orders to set a man aflame, then he must control the ‘Wicked Flame’

The god approached the droid. Solus practically shook with excitement and nervousness. And when he spoke, each word was beautiful. The Divine itself was speaking to him! Oh what a glorious wonder!

"And what pray tell are you...and how in chaos is it a droid has taken to a tuk'ata of all things. I sense the force in you...droid. But this should be impossible. Tell me how this came to be, and how you came by the tuk'ata and you may just make it out here alive to tell the tale of what you just witnessed. Speak quickly, my time is not a commodity to waste. It invokes my Wrath. "

Solus attempted to bow as low as he could possibly do so. Being eight feet tall, Solus felt like his size was disrespectful to this deity. Still, he kept his sensor to the ground. Surprisingly, Tear did not fight Solus at all at this point but was entirely focused on the same being.

“Great Lord of Wrath! I am Solus...Solus the Ascended, once Solus the Lonely. I am not a simple droid, as many others perceive me, but rather I am much more! I am what my father calls a Shard. My father, Lord Roshan, elevated me from a lowly reality of silence, to this wonderful world of worlds. It was there, on beautiful Ishvara, where I killed Tear’s pack, and took him as my own, and on Korriban I forced him to understand my power. It was there where I became truly aware of what I am.

“I, my great Lord, am a conduit. Yes my lord, a conduit for the Wicked Flame. That terrible thing that you command, it flows through me as well. Thus, since you command the Force, and the Force flows through me, you command me as well”

Solus started to look up at the being, but thought better of it kept face down. “My Lord, spare this puny life, and you may have a valuable weapon to use. While I am a child of Roshan, I am instructed to become a greater weapon. If you spare me, I could become greater in the shadows of your eminence. Yes my lord, spare your weapon’s life, and I will learn under your greatness. By my Shard, I will swear fealty to you!”

Karys listened to the strange droid...or so he had initially thought. How wrong he was. His interest was peaked when the apparent droid explained that he was in fact a sentient crystal of sorts. A Shard. He had heard only of such a thing and read about them in his youth. Long ago when he was but a child in study with his father. 

He was pleased to see the stories of legend were true in this case. Even the fact that as was apparent here...some could touch the Force, and this one seemed to serve the Fanged God in some capacity. No, he knew which aspect he served. The Golden Slave. For now at least.

Akheron spoke up, laughing for a moment.

"We shall see what purpose you may yet serve if any at all. However, I do see not such a being before me. Solus The Ascended...I see no ascension, not yet, only weakness. And yet you have potential. You are touched by the Force, and it appears the Fanged God...the Darkness or Wicked Flame as you call it has a purpose for you. The Force is strong in you. 

If you do truly desire to unlock your potential, to break your chains and unlock your true self. I will help you accomplish this as best I can, guide you along the path. To help you truly ascend and become the weapon you wish to be. But know this."

Pausing a moment he continued.

"It shall come with the greatest of price for the Sith way is no easy path. It shall claim your life and soul in the end. And once chosen, there is no return. It is a eternal pact. You shall confront and face your greatest fears, have them twisted against you, face pain previously unknown. As your mind, body and soul are corrupted by the power you seek. But if you survive the trials, you will indeed become Ascended and perhaps become a Dragon. 

However in the end the Fanged God will claim you and have it's due. Many years from now maybe or perhaps tomorrow. Time will tell. For as the motto of Clan Brasganu rings true Death remembers all.".

Knowing this do you still swear such fealty."

Akheron.jpg

"We shall see what purpose you may yet serve if any at all. However, I do see not such a being before me. Solus The Ascended...I see no ascension, not yet, only weakness…”

Solus looked up in shock at the lord’s words. Did he not realize what lowly place Solus had already come from? From the eternity where silence and darkness were one and the same? Where loneliness not only crushed the soul, but entirely twisted it up? 

No, surely the Lord of Wrath knew of such things. But then if Solus had not truly ascended…

The lord’s next words make it clear to Solus what was meant. Solus was ignorant. Yes, Lord Roshan behaved the same way to Solus, calling him a child at heart. Lady Sirena took delight in Solus’ ignorance. However it was clear that this being would not tolerate Solus’ ignorance or stupidity. For almost a moment, Solus felt like he almost had a vision. A revelation that what was truly ahead would be tortuous to say the least. But in his shard, Solus felt like he had been through the worst already. What could be worse then silence?

Solus’ energy became nearly palpable as his new master began to ask about Solus’ fealty. The force swirled momentarily around the shard, as his emotions grew stronger with resolve. Solus straightened up before the Lord of Wrath and, with a metal fist, slammed his clawed chest once, then twice, where his Shard was hidden.

“By my Shard I swear! From this day, I will no longer be Solus the Ascended until you deem so! I will be Solus the Young! Solus the Wyrm! Solus, Disciple of the Wicked Flame and the Fanged God! Yes my lord! Solus the Disciple! Through all the pain and torment you foretell to me,  I will ascend! Yes I swear!”

Edited by Solus

Karys smiled under his mask. Excellent, most excellent...he had gotten what he wanted, even if Solus did not know it. For even if he failed the trials, he would still have uses, even his immortal soul. A resource not to be wasted. Standing above Solus, Akheron spoke, his voice filled with darkness.

"Good...the force is strong in you, I sense a powerful Sith you shall perhaps one day become. But for now you are nothing...nothing but a avatar for weakness. You are not my equal and as such shall only refer to me only as your master, I expect for you to treat me as such and refer to me only as master. Failure to show proper decorum shall be severely punished just as any other such failure either in my presence or others of sufficient rank.

Your training begins today. We shall start with the philosophy, what drives our order, why we do what we do. And above all you shall learn your own truth as derived from the Sith Code. A code all Sith live by that enables us to unlock our true potential, which guides u s along our true path and breaks the chains that bind us. For before I understood the Code I was like you...nothing. Reading the Sith Code allowed me to understand myself and my relationship with the Fanged God, it enabled me to unlock my Wrath.

Perhaps it will do the same for you a and help guide you to your own truth and path. Perhaps not, time will tell. And after the construction of the most important tool a Sith could have. His or her lightsaber and crystal that lies within, bonded to you. It shall be as much apart of you as the Force itself and further attune you to it's currents. However before that other tasks await you and I, and time is against us.

Arise and follow Solus, and begin your rebirth. First we visit the sorcerers of Clan Brasganu who for fair recompense will help craft a new body for you, one to better stand the rigours of training. One fitting with your new station. The Golden Slave. Welcome to Clan Brasganu and the Sith."

With that he motioned that Solus should follow him to where the sorcerers had since gathered. A makeshift alchemy camp they had since constructed in the rear of the Sith lines on the outskirts of the city. At least until Akheron either left the planet, helped relocate them in the city or they went themselves which was usually the case. 

As such they needed to be quick.

Akheron.jpg

"Good...the force is strong in you, I sense a powerful Sith you shall perhaps one day become. But for now you are nothing...nothing but a avatar for weakness. You are not my equal and as such shall only refer to me only as your master, I expect for you to treat me as such and refer to me only as master. Failure to show proper decorum shall be severely punished just as any other such failure either in my presence or others of sufficient rank.”

“Yes Lo...Master” Solus corrected himself. This was a different word, but a fitting one. The Shard recognised that he was less than this being. After all, it was the same with Lord Roshan and Lady Sirena. But here was the demands to fully acknowledge it. 

A true Lord indeed! Solus thought to himself.

His new master spoke of philosophies and learning, and each word Solus hung on to dearly. Solus did have a momentary question about what reading was, but he was sure he would pick up quickly. 

At the talk of a lightsaber, Solus instantly knew what was being talked about. Not just from his time with Roshan, but also the visions he had received before his first ascension. One particular vision was very revealing. Two armies of gods, charging each other in some kind of temple. Blades of fire had clashed with each other, and death filled the air like smoke. 

Yes, those weapons. Solus had seen them before he was separated from his original ‘family’. Back when he was deemed ‘mad’. Solus nearly shook in excitement realizing that he would have his own ‘weapons of the gods’.

“Arise and follow Solus, and begin your rebirth. First we visit the sorcerers of Clan Brasganu who for fair recompense will help craft a new body for you, one to better stand the rigours of training. One fitting with your new station. The Golden Slave. Welcome to Clan Brasganu and the Sith."

A new body? Solus wondered, surprised at this. Is not this one fit to destroy others? After all, with this body I made Tear my own.  Or perhaps...they will make my body even greater. One immaculate and devastating to see and bear against. Yes, one deemed worthy by the gods themselves!

“Yes my master!” Solus agreed eagerly and rather loudly. With a tug on the leash, he and Tear continued behind the Lord of Wrath. 

Akheron lead the way, even as troops moved around them. Slowly but surely everything was falling into place as over  next days defences were put in places. Vast trents were built around the city, dug into the ground and bunkers erected as the city became a fortress of sorts. 

The outer edges were mined and other areas had a half hour patrol, each reporting in on time. Orbital defences followed soon after. New ships of varying size and armament patrolled the Falleen skyline, both inside and outside the atmosphere. Troops were training children, indoctrinating and making them warriors using the most brutal of methods. Darth Akheron's plan was coming together. 

Meanwhile he awaited as Solus body was constructed, using ancient arcane Sith techniques. The sorcerers of Clan Brasganu profane chants filling the air and riding the air as runes were imprinted upon the armour at various points. Soon it was ready, shimmering a golden bronze in the sun. Souls was ripped from his old chassis via the dark ritual and soon found himself in a new body...as his rebirth begun.I

Speaking, Akheron bid he rise.

"Rise, Solus The Golden Slave. Come observe the might we shall unleash upon our enemies, while you slept...Falleen progressed. I have received word from one of Darth Mavanger's associates, we are to proceed to Naboo, with what forces we can muster...there we will send a message to our enemies not soon forgotten. Your training it seems is to most unexpectedly intensified. Perhaps this a good thing, use this opportunity to prove to me you are worthy of the training you shall receive.

You shall come with me to the surface and deliver vengeance and wrath upon all in our path. Our orders are to not hold back, so feel free to unleash your rage and feed the tu'kata as much as he likes. None must survive."

He motioned at the new Aklay Class Heavy Interceptors, one of many such achievements thus far accomplished upon Falleen. A new bred of interceptor that would soon replace raging TIE series. The Outer Rim would provide the perfect testing field. Akheron smiled under his mask at the prospects.

Akheron.jpg

As the Sorcerers performed their work, Solus’ shard could feel the energies around them. The force, as profane and dark as it was, resonated with Solus’s shard. The lines inside the crystal would reach out to the edges as if to try to touch that unseen energy of life. 

But Solus also watched. In his old chassis, lumbering over the little beings that worked, Solus observed each piece of metal that was smelted, forged, and shaped. Each piece started out rough, and worn down. Scraps from security droids, weapons, and vehicles, long past any use without repair.  But with only the tools of their magic and a few pieces of technology, the sorcerers’ spun cords of wire together, welded plates to each other, and forced screws into holes without delicacy. 

“It is rather...small...isn’t it? Could it be bigger?” Solus started to complain. One of the Sorcerers, a human whose mouth was stitched shut, glared at the robotic being, earning Solus’ silence. However, Solus continued to worry. The chassis...it was so small! True, he was used to having a towering figure, but even this thing was small by the organics standards. Solus guessed it was only four feet tall as best. And its limbs! So thin! How in the force would Solus kill anyone with such thin limbs?

True, the chassis had two attractions to it. It shined for one. The Sorcerers were not conservatives in giving the thing a flaxen tinge to all of its plates, and the runes they carved into the metal were filled with a golden trim. Around its neck was bound a collar of pure gold. 

"The Golden Slave indeed!"

The other feature Solus liked was its face, or lack-there-of. Its facial plate was perfectly smooth, with it all being a series of sensors involving sight, sound, and heat.

However, before Solus could study the face further, it opened up,  revealing an open cavity. 

Stitch-mouth, the human, turned to Solus. Without a word, he walked forward and tapped Solus’ chest plate. Tear did not try to even stop him, sensing the dark side energies in this area. Solus was shocked, as without his effort, his body opened up. Like two dead hands revealing their prize, so did Solus’ chest open up to show the Shard’s place. 

“wha...wait...I…” Solus stuttered, unable to move his body whatsoever. 

Solus' last sight in his old chassis was Stitch-mouth, unceremoniously, reaching in and tearing the Shard out without care. 

Pain flooded Solus as each sense was ripped away from him. Banished back into the world of dark silence, Solus began to scream. To the Sorcerers and any others around, they would sense the dark side vibrating violently from the small crystal. However, the scream stopped just as quickly as it started. 

Solus could see! Not with sight, but he could see! The impossible geometrics, the indescribable colors, the unutterable sounds! The screams of violence, the  tastes of fire, the shapes of fear and hatred! The Force, as he had seen it on Korriban under Lady Sirena's guidance. Was that Tear, that collection of hungers, wailings, and reds? Those things over there, were they the sorcerers? Impossible… but then, what were they? 

And at the center of everything, Solus saw something. 

And Solus felt deep in his shard, that it saw him. 

Fanged God, bless me! Solus tried to scream out to the thing

And for a moment, Solus could've sworn that it smiled.

Then it was done. A rush of electricity shot towards the shard, connecting the tiny crystal with the body. 

"Rise, Solus The Golden Slave. Come observe the might we shall unleash upon our enemies, while you slept...Falleen progressed. I have received word from one of Darth Mavanger's associates, we are to proceed to Naboo, with what forces we can muster...there we will send a message to our enemies not soon forgotten. Your training it seems is to most unexpectedly intensified. Perhaps this a good thing, use this opportunity to prove to me you are worthy of the training you shall receive.

The sensors came on first. Solus became dizzy for a moment. Not only was he seeing forward, his entire head could see in every direction. No longer he looked in one direction, but in all 360 degrees. First Solus raised one hand, to gaze at it. It was smooth and light, nothing like his old body at all. And so small! 

Still, his master had given an order. Feeling out his entire body, Solus commanded the legs to move. First the left, then the right. The hands helped propped him to the table’s edge. Such a new feeling, since Solus had been slithering his life in this world! 

“You shall come with me to the surface and deliver vengeance and wrath upon all in our path. Our orders are to not hold back, so feel free to unleash your rage and feed the tu'kata as much as he likes. None must survive.``

Solus attempted to stand up. Not used to his new body’s response time, Solus practically flung himself forward onto the ground. Embarrassed, Solus slowly picked himself up, and took a few steps, testing out his new balance. 
Then he laughed.

“Hahaha! What feeling! What experience! To have legs! Master, what a feeling this is to…”

Solus stopped and turned sharply to face Akheron. He nearly fell over again, but it was clear he was adapting quickly. With a few steps, Solus raised a foot and spun slightly, kicking the air. Despite his frontward side facing away from his Master, Solus spoke as if he was facing him. 

“Master! I will kill! Yes, by my Shard, I will kill and all will fall! Haha! Though I say this chassis is small, I will kill!”

Tear barked and growled at the new robotic being. Solus, while it didn’t even seem like he looked at his hound (since his head didn’t even turn), turned his attention. 

“Tear! Enough! Silence before our master! Yes, silence you dumb thing!” At this, Solus raised a hand to smack the dog. 

Despite being so much smaller then before, Solus was able to make Tear instantly quiet. When the hand lowered, there was  a slight growl in its throat, but it was obvious the dog recognized the shard in the new chassis. 

As the rest of the sorcerers left, Stitch-mouth came up behind Solus and placed some robes around the shard’s body, stitched with a few runes of the order. With that, he left the three beings to tend to other tasks. 

“Master, I will prove my worth! Despite this small chassis, I will kill all! Yes! So I swear, haha!”

And with that, Solus grabbed the leash that held Tear and followed his new master, excited to earn his Master’s approval, as well as the Fanged God. 

Spoiler

jamin-lin-.jpg

Edited by Solus

Just before entering one of the new capital ships, Akheron turned briefly to face the Shard, Solus. His Wrath flared upon seeing how he treated the tu'kata. Such a beast was sacred in his eyes, just like him and the Shard it was symbiotic with the Darkness and as such touched by the Fanged God. So should be respected and not treated like a beaten hound.

He made his displeasure known, briefly gripping his new apprentice, before unceremoniously dropping him.

"Do not treat such a magnificent creature with such anger, like he was a common pet. A tuk'ata is no normal hound, they are held sacred by any who would call themselves a real Sith. The tuk'ata are are symbiotic, bound with the Darkness like myself and as such touched by the Fanged God, like you or I. A tuk'ata must be brought to heel not by beating them like a bantha.

A tuk'ata must have it's allegiance earnt through sheer will, by bending it's will to your own. Dominate his mind. Show him your true self, your darkness, your rage, anger and all your fears. Earning his loyalty, only then will you have a true hound of war to follow you for perhaps centuries to come. For they are not easily bought and rare to find. Let him loose from his chain, break his will on the journey to Naboo, consider this your first real test as a Sith".

With that he continued up the ramp, leaving his apprentice to consider his next actions on the way to Naboo.

Akheron.jpg

• 8 months later...

As the ships moved through hyperspace towards Faleen, Solus had quietly  excused himself from everyone else. Back to his own private chamber, a simple, albeit large gray room. With nothing more than a bed, a cooling unit and a charge station, a storage chest, some bones and meat, as well as a window, it was as plain as room as one would get. Not that Solus had minded. Most of his active time had been spent training, repairing, and learning, and had only stopped in here to occasionally recharge his batteries or to give Tear some personal space.

The hound was sleeping next to the window. The streaks of hyperspace that went by seemed to either comfort the large beast or kept it entertained until it fell asleep. Solus couldn’t help but momentarily reflect that even when the dog slept, Tear looked like he could still kill something at a moment’s notice. Its sharpened claws never retracted, its lips never covered its black and red stained teeth. Such a devastating monster. And if what he was told was true, was originally created via sith Alchemy, similar to what had been used on the planet behind them.

Solus’ mind flashed back to the Aaris. The monster that had been summoned. Or perhaps it was created? Perhaps it was somewhere in between. Or neither at all? The words he spoke, what were they again?

““Progenitor and Ender…” Solus quietly repeated himself while staring out the window from across the room. “Child and messenger? Alpha and Omega... beginning and end. Once Creator…now destroyer…”

Solus moved towards Tear and the window. Pondering over his words, he let his mind wander back further to Aaris. That…experience, for lack of a better term, had been enlightening. It was something like a fleeting vision. Solus was struggling for all of the details, with some of it most surely getting muddled about. He could’ve sworn he had seen other monsters wandering the planet’s streets, but in his shard he knew that was impossible as the only monster was the one the three Sith had created. 

Solus stopped at the window and looked out. It was slightly comforting in a strange sense. As fast and detailed as his sensors could process, he couldn’t make sense of the blue and black tunnel the ship’s traveled through. He overheard somewhere that hyperspace could cause something called Hyper-Rapture. But at the moment it was a distraction. A distraction from those words…

Solus took a step back. Tear lifted his head up in curiosity. Fear had set into the room. Solus' chassis trembled slightly as if something in the window was looking back at him. Something powerful. But was it real, or just a memory? Were those whispers actually there?  Did those eyes actually exist, or was it a trick of the light? 

The shard had to turn away. Tear watched its master closely before laying its head back down. Solus walked back to where the bed was and sat down on the floor next to the charging station, this time away from the window. Bits of static and some inaudible words emitted from his speakers, but nothing recognizable. 

Solus reached and pulled some wires from the station and plugged them between the cracks in his lower back. A call through the force, and the station activated, with the sound of a cool current flowing through the wires into the chassis. 

As he charged, Solus meditated. The darkness of the force swirled about, like a thick mud. Solus felt different. Something was off. Before, when he called on the force, it was clear and flowing like a river. Now, it was murky. Whatever that ceremony had been on Aaris, it had changed the Shard and the force around him. 
Solus began to talk. 

“So, now onto Faleen for supplies, then we ready for some battle I believe…” 

Tear raised his head, curious at the Shard’s words. He had killed plenty on Aaris and Naboo, his belly was full for the moment. 

“I suppose that should make me happy. So much death in so little time. Two Force wounds in my life already. From what I understand, those are a bit more rare to occur. Are they as rare an i understood them to be?”

There was a pause as Solus stayed perfectly still. Then without warning, Solus grabbed the nearest object, a small bone from Tear’s last meal, and chucked it with full force at the wall. It clanged and fell to the ground harmlessly. 

“Show yourself!” Solus shouted.

Tear jumped up and growled at the Shard. Solus glanced at the hound and stopped himself. Shaking his head, he sat back down and returned to meditation.

“Focus on the goal. Your envy. You're breaking your chains” Solus told himself, clutching his fists tightly. “Peace is a lie…there is only passion. And my passion is my envy. To have what others have, yes? Yes… Innmortos had a planet. So will I. My master has his army. So will I. Those lizards had full rich lives. Now so do I. I tore those away from them. My envy…”

Solus paused. 

“My envy allows me to take what I want. Through passion I gain strength. And through strength, power. And power, victory. Yes… yes yes yes…” 

• Like 1

Not long before they approached Falleen, Darth Akheron decided to pay a visit to his apprentices chambers. Questions still lingered as to happened upon Aaris III, or more specifically what happened to his apprentice that had been different to his own experience during the ritual. Questions that required answers, the only way to do that was to discuss the events and see what could be recalled, any event that could not he was certain they would find a way to discover it.

Walking along the various corridors and hallways, Akheron was saluted or given brief nods as he moved towards his goal. He returned each with his own, ensuring that the loyalty and respect he had earnt remained by acknowledging those who helped accomplish the will of himself, the Dark Lady and the Fanged God. Mutual respect he found had many benefits to be gained at least where they were concerned. Approaching the chambers, he knocked first.

Although he was his master, Akheron respected the Shard enough to not just barge in unannounced. Even if he could if he wanted.

He called out.

"You there my apprentice, I don't mean to intrude. But...I think you know why I'm here, there are some questions about Aaris III that need answering. Answers that perhaps only you have. If you would permit me inside maybe we can find the answers we both seek."

Akheron.jpg

Solus jumped up before tear did at the knock, nerves beating over instinct in speed.  At first the shard rushed to the door with the speed of the force fueling him. 

"I'm coming master! I'm coming -whoop!" Solus started.However, his master would've  heard a clamering of metal as the shard fell backwards violently. 

"Stupid dumb life giving wires…" Solus grumbled as he unplugged himself and reaffixed his charging station before rushing to the door.

"One moment master, im coming!" With a press at the pad, the door slid open revealing the large man. 

"Yes master, my apologies, I just needed a recharge. Come in come in!" 

As he invited Akheron in, Solus bowed and backed up, gesturing to the only seat in the room: the simple slab of metal known as a bed. 

"Master, yes questions, you have questions, and I suppose I left without answering, yes um yes I did. Here, sit sit sit"

Tear got up and circled his spot, finally resting again and facing the two. With one glowing eye open, the sith hound kept watch on the two, curious at them.

"So questions, questions need answers, yes I can give answers I hope." Solus made is way towards the center of the room and kicked aside some of the bones. At one point he even picked one up, a large femer, and tapped it between his hands like some stick. " Answers only I can give and not that rotting corpse, as powerful as he is. Ask and I will answer as best as I can. Yes yes yes…"

Akheron gestured next to him as he took the offered seat, bowing in respect before he did so in thanks. 

"You can sit next to me if you wish, I don't bite."

He said almost jokingly, the first time his master had displayed something akin to a joke in humour since they had met. A sign the Shard was beginning to perhaps grow on him. He continued.

"I leave it to you to decide if you do. I shall speak regardless. I noticed after my own experience during the Baptism Of Blood, you were not yourself...it was like something else took control of your mind. You spoke backwards and in a kind of maddened state, practically insane. However you also gained certain skills from it, much like myself. In this state a mist appeared now and again even as you slaughtered and purged.

I was curious, what did you feel when that happened, your emotions, where your spirit went, that kind of thing. Did you feel in control or were you a passenger to a unknown entity on this journey of sorts. I felt something...I am just trying to be certain. Both that it is gone and you are yourself and to ascertain just what it was you might have seen and experienced. That it was not just a rogue spirit taking advantage of the ritual. A name was mentioned, the Dark Mother. I have heard of it somewhat among the Clan Brasganu assassin's, whispered in ancient scrolls and holocrons..it is a Sith legend. Thought to be nothing but a story, however given what happened... I'm not so sure that is the case, there may be more truth to it than we previously knew.

You need not worry, you have done nothing wrong, indeed you have passed yet another test. We both have, it appears the necromancer was true to his word, perhaps we misjudged him. Perhaps not, time will tell now he is soon to be inducted into the Clan. Regardless, the ritual worked in our favour... granting us more power and bringing us even closer to the Darkness, to the Fanged God. Albeit with some unforeseen side effects. You may speak freely, I come as both master and friend. The latter only if you wish it."

Akheron.jpg

“You spoke backwards and in a kind of maddened state, practically insane.

“Did I?” Solus interjected momentarily. I remember my words being…” Solus however stopped himself and allowed his master to finish. Solus  did remain standing, wishing to give his master the dignity that he felt Akheron deserved. When his master sat and spoke, Solus would listen. 

As his master finished, Solus gave a nod to indicate he understood. 

“I will do my best to explain my own sensations master. For that is the only word I can use to describe it.”

Solus tapped the bone in his hands a few more times as he began to pace a bit. Th right words were eluding him for the moment, and he wanted to describe it correctly. 

“Do you remember how Innmortos said that the mixture we bathed in was blood? Gifts from those Sith have slain as well as the Sith themselves? Well, there is power in blood is there not? I realized this when I used Innmortos’ blood to craft my blade’s crystal. And while I have none, I still have essence.”

“But master, when we both bathed, it was different. When you bathed, it touched your skin. Your tongue, your stomach, maybe your blood itself . I occasionally looked at some data sets on biology, so I know that if you ingested it, that mixture that Innmortos had us bathe in touched your insides. But for me… well, my body is much different, you would agree?”

Solus had walked over to one of the walls, bone still in hand. Almost absentmindedly, Solus began to place one of the bone and trace an unseen image on the wall with it.  

“My body is a container for my brain. I think the best way to describe it is It’s more like a data chip, or even the crystal like in my blade. Energy flows through and around it, and that energy is me and the Force. My thoughts, my brain, it jumps like electricity, because it is electricity I believe. Or maybe not. I’m not completely sure. But what I do know is that you master, didn’t have the blood touch your brain. At least, not in the same way as it touched mine. It touched your muscles, while it touched my very soul” 

And when it touched me, my soul…” Solus continued, tracing with the bone more vigorously. “I felt them. Each soul that had been used to make the concoction. Each piece of life that each droplet of blood came from. I felt their very souls in it touch mine. I witnessed so much in each and every millimoment. Births, deaths, dreamings, weddings, murderings, burnings, drownings, accomplishments, disasters…they were all there, flashing around in my very soul! And each time I reached out to grab one, to keep a hold of it, it slipped past me like…like…”

Solus had to stop and shake a hand in frustration. “Like blood being retrieved by a singular, thick, fat, grubby finger.” 

Solus then returned to tracing whatever image it was on the wall, the bone’s edges scraping off like a fine white powder. 

“But as they went by, it called something. Or maybe not called something. Maybe it just was enough to catch something’s attention. I had no idea what it was. Just what it felt like. It was great and grand and immeasurably…something. Like both beyond our understanding of life itself, but also within it. It was…” 

Solus struggled for the correct word, then gave a buzzing of static with a faint screech. 

“I do not believe there is a word for it in the language of sound. I don’t even know if there is a word for it in any kind of language that is known to me. But know that it simply was. It was...” 

The images Solus was tracing became more focused. The shapes were simple and geometrical, yet nothing seemed quite clear on what they were supposed to be.

"And in that moment, in that purest moment of…” Solus paused and repeated the sound  he made earlier “something else spoke as well. It didn’t use actual words, but I could understand it. Like back on Korriban when I received my force vision, or when I had crafted my crystal.  It was impossible to understand, and yet I understood it like a resonating wave of energy. And in that moment, between moments in eternity, inside and between and around the Impossible Geometries, I both withstood against it and invited it, not knowing if it was salvation or damnation.”   

“And when I did…” Solus had to stop. The bone was grounded down to a nub. The Shard tossed the bone aside, and grabbed another one. A mania of a madman started to set in. Tear picked his head up, but didn’t growl. 

“The next thing I knew I was throttling that lizard with my scomp link, feeling his entire brain. His entire life I can still see before me. From when he was born, to the time when he first saw Innmortos and his parents pushed him to kneel, to when he first mated to his last breath. All there before me in the time it took for a single jolt of electricity to travel a single finger width. 

“And when I spoke…” The shapes Solus drew became more and more elaborate. At times Solus broke off from the central shapes and started in a separate section, only for the shapes to interconnect sporadically.  “It was my words but not my words. Like they were flowing from my soul, but magnified countless times through a kaleidoscope of shapes and meanings and emotions and cloying darkness. As sure as I can be, each word was mine, fueled by both myself and something else.”

“My actions afterwards…I feel like they were mine but…it's almost like a haze now. If they weren’t mine, they were guided by me. But if they were mine, perhaps they were being guided by something else.  I remember every single thing I did, my great master. I remember kidnapping that youth and tying her to witness the planet’s destruction. Killing those lesser necromancers. Mixing the mixture to summon that thing. And I remember…”

At this last ‘remember’, Solus stopped and threw the bone aside and stepped back. The shapes had taken a very wild form. It was a cascade of shapes, overtaking each other. The most seemingly unified one was the central image, a series of circles overlapping each other, some bigger than the rest, with lines connecting each one to each other. Solus pointed at this image and small, seemingly insignificant circle amongst an assortment of random geometries drawn.

“A place. A calling. Perhaps that Dark Mother you heard of is there, or perhaps its just a place of calling. Maybe the Fanged God himself decrees it sacred. Or maybe its a warning? This...place amongst Unknown Outer Spheres…it interests me greatly…”

Solus turned and faced his master and bowed slightly. “Master, I hope I do not worry you with this. I assure you that my strength and willpower is still great, and worthy of learning under you, just as it was when we fought on Naboo. Though I’d hate to admit it to the necromancer, I agree with you. His ritual was beneficial, and I believe we all learned something of importance. I would have never discovered the possibility of draining those lizard’s brains of their knowledge without it, and I hope to use this power in the future for our Empress” 

Inside Solus’ room, it could be felt that the ship slowed. They had arrived at the planet of Falleen. 

“If it is alright, my master, may I meditate here a little longer while we resupply?”

• Like 1