Falleen

Darth Heretic

On 12/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, Leena Kil said:

Leena waived off the probe as she sunk into her seat grabbing her chest. The drill was over. Basi could take off the vision-obscuring helmet and stow the training saber. It would need hidden well before they landed. Leena exhaled deeply and waved her apprentice over. “Can you feel it Basi? The dark side is strong here.” Closing her eyes, Leena inhaled, allowing the goodness of her fellow travelers, the faint light of the world below that squeezed between the cracks, to flood her soul and in a moment banish the darkness away; driving it back.

Basi had spent the ride training, meditating, listening and learning. His mind reeling as it so often did however when training with the saber and developing his form and technique he was at peace, calm and tranquility even. Upon entering orbit he did remove the vision obscuring gear and turned off the training saber handing it back to be put away. Closing his eyes inhaling deeply and focusing, a few moments later his eyes snapped open and he shuddered as if struggling with something. "Yes Master I do feel it, the dark side...it's so thick I'm almost choking on it." 

Basi let that light wash over him feeling the warmth he sighed happily, smiling back at Leena he nodded to her. "Yes Master as you say." With that he focused letting the light fill the crystal and when it was glowing he gave a soft smile and stowed it away. Looking between the other three he waited a moment before responding. "Been to Byss no I can't say I have. As far as looking serious that's not a problem for me, I was a soldier after all, well a fighter pilot the demeanor is relatively the same." With his small piece spoken Basi shook his head trying to clear away the memories of his time in the cockpit, dog fights and the death and destruction he'd seen. This did however cause his facial features to grow serious as he looked to Sandy and awaited their instructions. He gave his gear one last once over making sure the broken lightsaber hilt was hidden under his leather jacket and his blaster was ready to go and holstered upon his hip.

• Like 2