Falleen

Darth Heretic

She spared a glance over her shoulder to where sunlight was illuminating the street that she had fought the ruler of Falleen. Not a trace of him or his men, consumed by the world as it turned flesh to bone in its depths. Someday there would be flowers here, and children would again play along the avenues. That small vision was the hope of the galaxy. But what was on the horizon for her? She was not old, she had not even reached a quarter century, but she had never known peace. Even the days of her youth during the noontide of the Galactic Alliance’s power were filled with training, then tragedy, heartache and death. When she had achieved some semblance of stability and a knighthood, the galaxy had been thrown into bitter turmoil. 

First there were whispers at the edges of the galactic rim. Rumours of the unnamed terror, lurking there as it spread its web through the hearts of the Galactic Alliance. Political fracture happened next, the Remnant with all its good intentions carrying its sword into the outer rim to fight the resurgent Sith Lords. Shouting in the halls of the Jedi temple. Bitter words traded between master and knight, apprentice and master. A Council that stood idly by and let the Jedi Order itself fracture into a revanchist crusade while it sat in high towers or white stone. Ignoring the cries of a people oppressed. How many of those she had grown up with had left for the Remnant? They had slipped away in the night, leaving their lightsabers piled in front of the doors to the council chamber. Trading the white robes for the crimson armour of the Imperial Knights. Leaving the Galactic Alliance without those in the Jedi Order willing to defend it.

Though the council had tried in the end. And many of their bodies had not yet been recovered in the orbits of Duxn and Onderon, or obliterated at Coruscant. The great order reduced now to a pale shadow of what it once was, a victim of its own hubris. A lesson, or many lessons, there were to learn from the past decade. And a hundred faces that she would never see again. Even those of her apprentices, Frond and Kel whom she dearly missed, and a love long quested for which had been lost forever. 

All those bitter memories passed like a wave over her and she paused in her steps. Letting the emotion roll up and over her but not bury her. She took a breath. For a life without suffering was a life that had not been lived. She was grateful for those sufferings, those losses. Those great changes. Even those painful nights in the hands of slavers so many years before. Though each was a tragedy, each had given her insight and the ability to help others. To serve even as the galaxy fell apart. 

And now it was time for the wheel to turn again. For her to take an apprentice, teach him and to learn from him. To sow the seeds of peace and growth in whatever time they had before the Sith returned. But could she, a Jedi moulded only by suffering and war, really be an instrument of peace? Time would tell. She beckoned the Tree Carer to follow her as she walked towards one of the Sovereign Knight’s shuttles. There would be a path from Chandrilla to a Jedi holding in the core worlds, but for now…

“Tell me how the forests of Kashyyyk fair. It has been many years since I last walked under their shade.”

• Like 2

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Tears fell unbidden down Piotr's face, leaving streaks in the dirt and grime of combat. He couldn't pull his eyes away from her lifeless body. Luckily, he didn't have to. Lord Raphanel found him, throwing a cloak over her body. He blinked as he was pulled away, and as his mind settled and he realized what had transpired. He had killed someone. In a battle, in self defense, in a scenario that no one would ever blame him, but it didn't help. He felt nauseous, closing his eyes and taking a deep, shaky breath. Raphanel's words were a cold comfort, unable to put the doubts in his mind to rest.

If he hadn't been here, if she hadn't had the misfortune of attacking him in her blind fury, would she have survived? Could she have been saved? Healed? How many siblings did she have? Would her parents be mourning her come the dawn? Would she have gone on to meet someone, have children? What futures had he just rendered impossible by being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

In a moment, he threw his borrowed helmet to the ground, leaning forward as last night's meal came back up to meet Falleen's dirt. He coughed, trying to clear his throat of the burning sensation the vomit had left behind. He shuddered, trying to compose himself. In doing so, he felt ashamed. Even now, he was concerned with what they would think of him. That they might think him weak, or undignified in his composure.

He struggled to his feet, regaining his balance as he glanced back at the form under the cloak. He didn't speak, but he glanced at the Lord Commander, nodding his thanks. He was far from over this, but unless he wanted to get them killed here in this trench, he would have to push on.

• Like 2

mav.png

The Exorcist stepped slowly into the trench, the her light form making almost no sound as her boots slipped into the mud. She was exhausted, her probosci flicking gently at the air, tasting only the death and darkness of a hard-fought battle. She watched Piotr with Emerald eyes, taking in his grief and sorrow. 

That had been her once, mute and horrified by the tragedies of war. 

Kyrie stepped to him then, her boots slipping through the red morass about them. She knew no words would heal him then, nor some magical display of healing power. Such things did little against the trauma of war. He would have long nights battling those demons. 

A warm hand upon his shoulder and the offer of a warrior's embrace was all that could be offered in such times. She was his master, but it was not her place to shelter from the horrors of war. They fought to protect the innocent from such things. To act as a shield against the darkness. 

• Like 2

kyrie.png.529a6b96a133828163a998c9b43e5d11.png

His voice was surprisingly soft after the last hours of active combat. Barely above a whisper, so that only those beside them would hear and there would be no embarrassment upon Piotr or his house. “Turn your sorrow and regret into resolve.”

His bright blue eyes looked at the rising sun that had pierced the heavy cloud cover. A beam  starting to creep across their small gathering showing the steam of condensation drifting up from their armour, as the cold morning air began to move in a breeze. 

“Resolve that we will not ever allow this to happen again. It will not erase the regret, that bitter sorrow that comes with death at your hands. But having an objective will help begin the process of healing.” 

He stepped forward and pulled the young man into a hug. A strong and supportive hug. This war for now was over, and the heir of house Malczewski would bear its scars. Adrienne stepped forward and when Raphanel broke from the hug she was there to give Piotr a hug of her own. 

It was time for the Knights to begin their investigation into where these Sith Lords the Jedi had encountered had come from.

• Like 2

Raphenal.png.96d1c7b8a3eaea41f94e96db627f96d9.png

Lord Commander Raphenel Karlovci Contispex- Imperial Warden

The Mon Cal’s footsteps rang heavy as she hurried through the mostly empty streets of Falleen. Smoldering columns of smoke and haphazardly swaying spires encircled the landscape, but amongst them, she could feel hope. Hope radiated from souls free from their bondage and  slavery; hope for a new and brighter day, and each one that followed illuminated more. Leena smiled as she felt this very hope in her own heart as well. It urged her tired and weary body forward. The Jedi’s aching bones spoke of the toll the purification this world has taken upon her, upon all of the servants of the light who stood arm in arm to pluck this world from the maw of destruction.

As she moved, the sounds of a stirring world began to creep into the still

morning air. The sounds of a people who were both joyous and cautious. Freedom was theirs, but along with it came a terrible toll and a world in need of rebuilding. In the shadows of doorways and still standing buildings, through the charred and broken remains of storefronts and shelled out vehicles, the people of Fallen began to pick up the pieces. They would need help.

Of course they would. The assault by Imperial forces on the world had left it battle scared. Skirting about a still smoking crater, Leena shook her head. This was not the way of the Jedi; nor would they be beholden to it.

The Jedi hurried on, her brown travelers robes scorched and covered in dried mud and ancient gray dust. Onward, toward her next task and the rebuilding of not just a world, but an galaxy and an order so manipulated and twisted by the magics and abuses of the Sith.

Eventually, after winding her way across the war-torn city, the Jedi Healer came across the band of Knights, former Jedi and other light-siders who had taken a different calling, yet one still bound to the light. Stopping a short distance off so as to not intrude, Leena awaited an opening. Realizing the solemness that comes amongst a brotherhood in the aftermath of conflict, she was content to remain silent, meditating quietly, head bowed in reverence to the gravities of war even upon those who sought it’s end.

When the moment was right, the Mon Cal would speak, her warm voice heavy with the weight of the office she now bore and the tiredness of a resolve that had been pushed, bent, but remained unbroken. 

“Lord Commander, a word.”

Leena would wait for the leader of the Knights and when he could afford the chance, would walk with him into the ruins of a coty reborn to discuss that which the future held, not just for themselves or their orders, but for the galaxy itself.

• Like 1

image.png.daf7e9c75e1f2acba314151d968a7e3b.png

A presence. Personally unfamiliar, though still recognizable in the force made its slow approach. A Jedi knight. No. This was much stronger and did not carry the haughty arrogance that he had long come to associate with the Jedi of the higher ranks. This was one of the new generations of the Jedi order. Those that had grown up in the fading power of the Galactic Alliance and had held their sabers aloft in the fight against the Sith Lords of Onderon. A generation they had come too late to save their own order from schism but early enough to save it from utter destruction. And Raphael knew, in his heart of hearts, that if this generation of Jedi had been leading the order some half a decade ago they would all have been united under a council of better men and women then himself. 

But there were some things that were better to not think of, and pining for what might have been would help no one on this planet at least.  The lumbering Galactic Alliance had fallen twice. Once over Onderon and finally at Coruscant, and it had taken the last of the old Jedi order with it. And whatever bitterness he may have had towards the order had died with them. Buried under a trillion tonnes of duracrete on Coruscant and drying in the gutters of Iziz. 

So the Lord commander of the Sovereign Knights turned from his men and looked towards the tired Jedi Grandmaster. He gave a formal Chandrillian bow, though without a cloak to sweep behind his arm there was not much formality to it. 

“My lady grandmaster. You do me much honour by visiting us, let me give congratulations to your Knights in their defeat of the Sith Lords and their heathen temple. My time is yours as my men continue their clean up and treatment of the wounded. How may I be of assistance?” 

• Like 1

Under her instruction, he quickly packed his things, turning to the child as he did so and giving her a nod. Reaching into his bag, he withdrew a small stone bead, carved with a glyph of the Shyriiwook glyph of peace. He placed it into her hand, giving her the stone before wrapping her in a brief embrace. He nodded to another civilian in the area, indicating for her to be taken care of before he rose, putting on his satchel and turning towards the direction Master Sarna walked. He followed his new mentor, listening intently to her words and noting her attitude of reflection and thinking.

"Despite the toils she has endured, the Wroshyr prevails. It has not been without its labor to ensure such results, but I am confident that Kashyyyk will continue to thrive."

He surveyed the carnage that surrounded them as they walked, reflecting upon the wanton death and destruction which had clearly brought this world to its knees. He paused a moment before speaking once more,

"Master Sarna, where shall we begin our work?"

• Like 2

image.png.1f5def309737548edb746c738f3720c3.png

On 5/13/2023 at 1:08 AM, Raphanel said:

“My lady grandmaster. You do me much honour by visiting us, let me give congratulations to your Knights in their defeat of the Sith Lords and their heathen temple. My time is yours as my men continue their clean up and treatment of the wounded. How may I be of assistance?” 

Leena offered a slow deep nod in return. ‘Grandmaster,’ the term felt so foreign, so distant, and yet, somewhere deep in her heart the young Mon Cal knew the truth. She turned and gestured silently, bidding the Lord Commander to fall into step with her as they moved into the awakening city

”There is much to discuss.”

She began, forgoing any sort of formal greeting. The young eyes of the healer gazing outward as if they saw beyond the destruction that lay before them.

”The people of Falleen will require a lot of assistance. Otherwise they will fall into want and come to see their freedom as an affront by the new Imperial dominion.” 

Leena wished that the new Sovereign Alliance had communicated with the Jedi before beginning their assault on this world. They had caught not only the Sith forces of Falleen and her citizens by surprise, but also the Jedi who had been infiltrating the world in an effort to purge the darkness from within. 

“The Sith are apparently not gone from the galaxy.”

Leena gestured to the shellshocked world before them as evidence of the statement.

”Even if their empire is driven from the galaxy, their wizards of evil apparently lurk in the shadows even today. The beast that ruled this land cannot be the only one. It was Sith who destroyed your Hell Vault Prison was it not?”

she asked, half rhetorically as she continued to speak, their feet carrying them around the corner of another city block. 

“It is not a Jedi’s place to rule. We seek to defend civilization, justice, truth, and light. These . . . Sith,”

she almost spat the word,

”slaves of despair and destruction, must be found and stopped before they can gain another foothold. The welfare of these people, the people of this new Alliance, rests on your shoulders Commander; the shoulders of you and your brothers. To keep them from the darkness. That is your oath, lest the new light that rules this galaxy become an oppressor’s flame. We, the Jedi, will stand beside you in support of this cause; but we are not bound by the same servitude. We are called to a loftier goal, a holy calling governed by the force itself.”

Leena stopped as they came to a wide set of stairs that cascaded down onto a once decorative brick promenade, now scattered with boulders and craters.

”Even now, there are Jedi seeking the Sith in whatever shadows they might be festering. To find them, to offer them redemption in this life or the next, that is our task at hand. To strengthen and protect the weak and downtrodden is our goal. And so our tasks are not mutually exclusive Lord Commander. As long as we both remain in the light, your Knights will have a friend in the Jedi.”

Beginning down the stairs into the rising sun, Leena turned to look @Raphanel in the eye. 

“From here, I am called to the healing of a single ragged soul and the construction of a sanctuary for the Jedi and those who serve the cause of light; to heal, test, and equip those who safeguard all peoples of this galaxy and beyond. And what of you my friend?  Where will you go next? Would you join my apprentice and I as we journey to the windswept world of Ilum?”

• Like 2

She thought for a moment as they walked towards the large array of Sovereign Alliance vessels that were queuing up to take the many injured and exhausted soldiers back to the core worlds. She gestured vaguely to one of the mixed transports, likely one for injured refugees, and turned towards it. It would take them to the Agricultural world of Salliche, which the order had been given to steward. The ramp was crowded so she chose to wait in the long line.

“I pose a question to you my friend.” She ran her finger across the scab that had developed along her jawline before continuing. “There are several planets that seem to be a consistent target for the Sith in their ongoing brutalism every so many decades. Why have your people not turned to rampant militarism as the once peaceable Naboo?”

((to space))

• Like 2

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

It was hard to read the facial expressions of the Mon Calamari. Their faces were simply not made for such things and though it was disconcerting at first, Raphanel knew that the Jedi Grandmaster had no reason for any kind of deception. So he walked beside the short woman and listened as she spoke candidly of the situation on both Falleen and the Galaxy at large. 

“It would not be too far of a stretch my lady to apply what has happened here on Falleen to the galaxy at large. We have the resources of my family and Chandrila to help these poor people but without a strong and stable government it is unlikely there will be any lasting peace. We have seen the Sith not only here, but also on Naboo where they attempted to assassinate the queen and killed one of my knights as well as one of yours. They have gone to ground, planting their seeds of destruction. We must all face the evident facts that Nar Shaddaa was no great victory for us. Only a maskirovka, a grand masquerade.” 

He stopped his steps and turned fully to the Jedi Grandmaster. 

“I respect and honour the calling of your order, a calling I once took up upon myself.” He did not mention the schism by name, it would have only brought a fracture to their conversation. “But I must urge however I may against the Order’s desire for cultural isolation. If only because I know how much stronger the light may be if we walk together in its pursuit. You will always have our assistance if you need it, and should the moment come when the Sith arise again against the galactic verge I have no doubt our two orders will serve beside each other with distinction.” 

His eyes glanced heavenwards towards his family's Star Destroyer, which lingered in the pale blue sky. 

“I rejoice in your mission Lady Grandmaster, and will join you if you desire it if only to provide you the transport to Ilum and some construction materiel. Though if you deem it better that a broken soul not be around someone such as myself I also understand.”

• Like 1

Leena smiled, her fishy face twisting oddly as she warmly responded, her voice firm and full of love for the former Jedi. 

”We are with you brother and we will stand beside the Alliance as equals. So long as the force wills it.”

It was a simple statement; one Leena felt no need to expand on. The Jedi were not enemies with this new Alliance, nor was there a desire for any such thing. If peace could be found and maintained, all would be better for it. Nor would the Jedi become pawns of political currents as they ebbed and flowed. Such a thing had been done before and it always resulted in ruin, in suffering, devastation, and senseless death. Blindness to the truth. But these were things that did not need delved into. This Jedi and Knight knew such things and were able to find common ground. If they could do so, then there was hope for the galaxy whole.

And while a young Alliance of unknown make and trajectory was not one the Jedi could blindly submit to, they would cautiously and eagerly stand alongside and help to nurture toward the light. They would adhere to their laws and customs so long as they were morally upright. To do so, was the Jedi way. The Mon Cal slowly turned to continue down the stairs and began winding through the debris field.

”Serve your masters well @Raphanel, serve the people, and above all, always serve the force. It lives and breathes through the galaxy; through you. I would be deighted  to have you alongside us on Ilum, to work beside you and delve deeper into the endless mysteries of the force. I understand; however, should your duties call you elsewhere. A man of your rank and standing is needed a great many places in the days and months ahead. Your wealth would save many worlds. If you are able to provide transport for my apprentice and I, we will gladly accept.”

She paused as she considered @Keenava Dira and all the former Sith had been through. She had come so far, yet Leena could still feel the fractured torment that raged within the Twi’lek’s chest. 

“She is troubled, like so many, by the demons of her past, of wars fought and innocence lost. In a way, she is analogous of the galaxy we now stand on the precipice of. By the will of the force, both shall be brought back fully into the light the stronger for it. Scars turned to gold.” 

Leena smiled as she began to walk away again, pulling the hood of her robe over her head as she remarked, a trickle of laughter playing in her voice.

”But I need to find her before the Squibs do. Bit rough around the edges those salvagers.”

• Like 1

Keenava felt Si Si’s fingers between hers as they scampered down the dusty road. They took turns weaving back and forth and singing a song they’d made themselves. It was a joyful, trivial little tune that didn’t mean much, but as the first note of her sister’s music started... Keenava felt a sharp poke at her ribs.

Blustering for a moment while she rolled restlessly on the ground, Keenava’s eyes sprang open, and she leaped to her feet, instinctively raising her arms into a defensive position. A few figures scattered with yelps of panic, and a gem clattered to the stone beneath them. They stood away from the Twi’lek with their shaking hands raised above their heads, but they made no further move. It was unclear whether this was due to an abundance of shock or an element of etiquette or decorum. Regardless, they stared at Keenava with wide eyes.

The Jedi regarded them slowly, eyeing their empty hands and pockets. She scanned the rubble around her and took a couple of centering breaths before relaxing her posture and lowering her hands to her sides. She bent down, grabbed the gem and her bag, and took a moment to pat herself down and assess that all of her belongings were still together. She looked skeptically at the arrayed scavengers, shook her head, and then began walking away from the remains of the temple.

Dawn rays broke over the horizon and lit her cheek, warming her from the tips of her lekku to her toes. She felt a tingling sensation tickle the base of her spine and something warm in her chest. It was odd. She wasn’t sure how she would feel fusing with her remaining alter, but nothing changed. Keenava came to a stop in the foyer of a broken home and ran over the past few weeks in her mind; she’d been cloned in a place she didn’t recognize, realized that she’d been purified, was caught fleeing slavery by a Sith killer droid and Grandmaster Leena on Tatooine, and then fell into a whirlwind of activity that filled every remaining moment after. Any time that she’d had to reconcile her past, had been rushed to accommodate conflict and functionality—at least until she had that moment with Furion when everything broke down after Leena’s massive purifying wave. It was the first time after her cloning that she was able to process and accept everything that had happened without the weight of expectation resting on her shoulders.

She turned her head to see the rising light of the Falleen sun and smiled a little to herself. The sins of her past would continue to plague her, but now—as Roene had advised her on Ylesia—she was finally comfortable accepting who she used to be and moving forward with who she wanted to be now. And, all things considered, she was extremely confident that she would never fall again. She may not always agree with the Jedi, but there was nothing in or out of this galaxy that could convince her to go back to the dark side. No amount of power, or what the Sith called "freedom," was worth the toll.

Keenava resumed her stroll through the ruins until she came upon a small contingent of armored people. She wasn’t sure what their affiliation was, but they weren’t looting or fighting, so she didn’t really pay them much mind. She was doing what she could to follow the message that Leena left her and was just about to leave when one of the figures in the mysterious group of people drew her attention (@Kyrie Eleison). An Anzati woman with dark hair and facial scars drew her eyes and stirred her heart.

Cautiously, Keenava approached the group, her head cocked slightly to the side. She moved until she was standing in front of the woman and looked deep into her intense emerald eyes. The feeling in her heart swelled with warmth, and it reached out toward the woman the closer she got. But Keenava kept her hands to herself and didn’t get much closer than about six feet. She briefly stammered, spluttering as she tried to come up with something to say, but assembled her thoughts and cleared her throat before starting again.

"I don’t know how I know you. In fact, I don’t even think I know your name. But I feel like I should thank you. If it weren’t for you, my life would have taken a completely different turn." Keenava said, her amethyst eyes glinting with hope.

Keenava couldn’t explain the link or why she felt compelled to do that, but after she was finished, she turned around and walked away to restart her search for @Leena Kil.

Edited by Keenava Dira
  • Like 1

Keenava Two Suns.png

Kirlocca literally just stood amidst those who now flooded the docks of the spaceport, slowly taking in everything that just transpired. Life was chaotic, as it always has been. Movement of Jedi, survivors and Sith all seemed to move rather fluently like a current of a river set upon its course to the sea. From his perspective of everything that had transpired, he wondered what new purpose the Force would hold for him. He took a small glance up at the ILH-KK currently docked at the mooring tower. His mind then turned towards Tarvo, the imperial who accompanied him on this journey. He looked around for a moment to scan the crowd, but after waiting for a good ten minutes and reaching out into the Force, it was clear to the Jedi Master that his friend was no longer with him. Letting out a sigh, he turned to head towards the mooring tower. His own feelings began to swell up slightly at the loss of his friend, the one who started the movement of his recovery from grief, or rather, his path to walk alongside it. But such was the way of life, and even more so for a Jedi.

Sitting in the cockpit of the yacht, the Wookiee closed his eyes to allow for the Force to speak to him. He wanted off the planet, that much he was sure of. But where to, he did not know. He was still slightly lost from the death of Raven. But he knew that he could not travel with Sandy or even Leena. He needed to travel on his own. Opening his eyes, he turned on the holonet and went through some of the new reports. He decided that he would follow the devastation and become a beacon of hope, as it would be what Raven wanted to do, and she would have heavily encouraged him to do the same thing. 

Having the ship begin to pull away from the mooring tower, Kirlocca quickly changed the name of the ship, as it had yet to be done. Oracle felt like a good name for the moment. He didn’t know why, but he felt it would soon be needed. After he changed the name and beacon, he had the ship pull away from Falleen.

• Like 1

Leena set off, back into the slowly awakening city. She pulled her cloak around her shoulders before donning her traveler’s hood. She was not trying to hide, outright; but, truth be told, she was exhausted. As such, any undue attention she could avoid was worth it. 

Still, she was looking forward to getting back to Jedi business proper, not politics or positioning or trying to wrangle the Jedi’ position in the galaxy, just simple clean hard work. It was refreshing and after the long trek of war, Leena was ready for a simple and clean challenge.

And then her comlink chirped. Leena let out an audible sigh as frustration tensed across her shoulders. Who is it now? she wondered as she took a deep calming breath before releasing it in a slow exhalation before reaching for the communication device.

It was if on cue. Leena almost chuckled as a smile splayed across her weary face. Squibs. Short, chatty, and a downright pain at timed, the Jedi Grandmaster could not help but like them. A bulk of them had been vaporized alongside Jedi and Republic forces proper over Nar Shaddaa and still their tenacious spirit lives on. A translucent blue floating head materialized over the communicator. Beneath his oversized large-brimmed hat, the Squibian commander, Reaper Joe, smiled out at the Jedi.

”Ahhh most esteemed lady healer of the mighty Jedi. From far-off distances and forbidden most secret trade routes much word rumors came to us of a shadow stronghold of Sith slimelords to be attacked for the liberation of oppressed greenies. Even now elitest of elite forces of the Squibian Salvage Forces are combing the planet to look for,”

the commander paused as he chose his next words carefully,

”survivors. Imagine my most shocking of surprising surprises to learn that you are here as well.”

Leena smiled. Wherever there was conflict, wherever there was a chance to scrounge something of value from others’ junk, the Squibs inevitably found their way. Like trans-galactic Jawas, they plied the hauntingly empty spacelanes.

”And a good morning to you as well High Commander,” 

Leena inclined her head in greeting as she digested everything the small rodently being had babbled.

”What can I do for you?”

”Our newly minted most indomitable fleet requires most secretive of retrofitting and we have much salvage to offload in preparations for ventures beyond the edges of Known Space. It is imperative that we return to the ice world of Jedi secrets and pick our brother and sister engineering Squibian masterful craftsmen up with due zippy speed. Once,”

he added,

”we finish obtaining any needed supplies from this ripe world.”

Leena sighed as she chuckled under her breath. This was an opportunity to get back to Ilum, to help Keenava best her demons and refocus herself too.

”It would be an honor to accompany you when you depart; but first, I must find my fellow Jedi. She . . . “

The Squib warlord cut Leena off before she  continue,

”Oh yes, many many Jedi on the dark planet recently. Squibian Intelligence Assets report at least a dozen, many leading bands of frighty fright freedom fighters. I can direct locations to your transmission device and we can pick you up by the end of business day.”

Before Leena could respond, her comlink buzzed, a slew of different planetary coordinates, some within the city and some outside appeared in the small comm readout.

”Many thanks comrade. I am sure I will be able to find my apprentice by then.”

”Excellent! We shall pick you up as soon as we have finished out top secret salvaging rescue operations.” 

Leena smiled as the transmission ended. She knew better than to question the strange green furred squirrel privateer/pirate or their methods. They worked all too often. If they knew she was here and where a dozen other Jedi or Imperial Knights, she had no doubt they had a way of knowing where she was and would be too. It was yet another mystery of the force.

Checking the list of coordinates, Leena noted a pair not terribly far away. Something felt right about it. Tucking her

comm away, Leena hurried off hoping to find her apprentice. She figured that had Keenava still been lying unconscious in the temple ruins Reaper Joe would have said something. She had hoped that the newly minted Jedi could find her way. As a former Sith, Leena figured the Twi’lek’s survival instinct was well honed. Still though, she had not found the Grandmaster yet.

Making her way down the street, Leena lurched to a stop as she drew up short almost colliding with a short red furred rodent in black tactical gear. 

“GAHHHHHHHAAAAYYY!!!”

the Squib operative cried out in shock as she whipped around in shock, 

“Can’t you see I am spying on the Jedis?!”

she pointed down the street toward @Keenava Dira

• Like 1

Much of the battle had led to a variety of small victories and deaths as time progressed. As the Jedi stormed the great temple in the cities center, Sovereign and Imperial units fought in the streets against the Sith enemy and those aiding them. From there, Tilt and his squad had been quite resourceful in the efforts of their fellow soldiers. Being far behind enemy lines allowed them to quickly operate and dispose of enemy fortifications and munitions dumps that were made swiftly when the fighting started. 

That was where the fun began. With Thumper taking rooftops and acting as overwatch and sniper, Tilt and Riggs had a much easier time navigating and striking the enemy first. Between the makeshift turrets and garrisons that were once houses, the Bad Company made short work of them, eventually tearing through blocked pathways that prevented many units from having an easier access to the enemy. From there they pushed up and around catching certain individuals off guard and disabling any other fortifications, vehicles, and thereof. They picked up broken squads and stray soldiers along the way which was the only time they had stopped at all aside from assessing any damage to body and equipment, and still they pushed forward until orders and confirmation came in that the battle was indeed won and to return back to a base at a rendezvous. 

The rendezvous was an LZ turned into a small command post, utilizing a combination of buildings and tents for a variety of purposes and even apprehended vessels repurposed for the needs of the Sovereignty that was present. Unfortunately due to the Mantis being damaged the trio of Clones had to get a ride from an anonymous source... Unfortunately they were gone too. Instead they would need to leave with someone else to wherever else. R&R was something to be desired, however Tilt and Co. could definitely go for more action after they catch their breaths, and for the third unfortunate, they had to wait for whatever commanding officer would brief or debrief them. Wait was not the greatest thing in the world. 

"Oooohhhh my god how long are we gonna stand around?" Riggs groaned turning to his Captain, "Can't we just paych them through?" 

"No, we were given orders to regroup here. Fighting practically done, they have additional forces pushing further abd rooting out any remnants," Tilt replies sitting on an empty steel crate, "Use this time to assess your equipment, Sergeant, you too Thumper, we don't know what's next or no." 

• Like 1

Keenava giggled a little when Leena collided with the diminutive red critter the former assassin had been eyeing for the past few minutes. The Twi'lek was still a few yards out, so she could not hear what Leena was saying, but she did hear the squib cry out in shock and hastily attempt to shoosh the Mon Cal. But the little red critter's attention was no longer pointed at her.

Keenava, feeling just a bit cheeky, let her mind expand and open to the world around her. She then tapped her leg muscles into an ornamental but silent aerial flip that sent her soaring to a position just behind the squib on the opposite side that Leena was on. She padded her boots through the force and utilized her limbs to create multiple contact points with the ground to disperse the sound of her landing. Then, as Keenava gently lifted herself from a squat position, she put her right index finger to her lips and winked at Leena before tapping the squib on the shoulder and going, 'Boo!'

The squib cried out again and fell to the ground in shock.

Keenava responded with a captivating alto laugh but offered to assist the critter when she had regained her composure.

"I saw this little one a while ago, but there was no sense in ruining her fun, especially when I did not feel like I was in any danger," Keenava said warmly, standing up to her full height and relaxing her posture.

"Apologies that it took me so long to get back up. I was not used to using the force that way. And shifting my knowledge, learning something new, and then trying to implement all of that at the same time while trying to avoid my alters’ outside influence. It took a lot out of me." The Twi’lek’s lekku were a little restless, wriggling without intention before returning to their normal static position behind her head.

"Not to mention, I had an interesting moment after I was out." Keenava continued, vaguely recalling the interaction she had with a facsimile of her former master. "Though this trip has been rough, I am glad I came here. It helped me frame my identity around who or what I am outside of the dark side. I cannot say everything is all leveled out, but I am at peace with everything that has happened. And though you may have had nothing to do with finding me in the desert a few days ago, I am glad you are the one that found me."

That lost soul on Tatooine, utterly dissociated and detached from the life she had led, was nihilistic and filled with so much emptiness. She wanted nothing more than to curl up and perish. She was nothing. There was absolutely nothing to redeem. But Leena and Ruin brought her back to herself—the irony that a droid named Ruin led to her salvation was not lost on her. Roene enlightened her. He showed her her sins were not burdens. They happened, and they formed who she was. Sandy’s warm heart anchored Keenava. It helped her remain steadfast against the forces of darkness that threatened her. And that mysterious figure—the Anzati woman she met before. She was the thread that started this whole thing. Because of her, Keenava could think and feel outside of hate and anger. She was allowed to see the monster she became so she could choose not to go down that road again.

"Anyway, introspection aside, I am ready to go if you are," Keenava smiled. Her amethyst eyes glinted in the early morning sun. "I do eventually want to pick up my ship on Ylesia, but it is not going anywhere." 

I am sure Malin will be thrilled that his gift is getting so much use.

"So, Master, where are we headed?"

• Like 1

Keenava Two Suns.png

• 4 weeks later...

The smell was starting to clear. Expended simtex ammunition had a distinctive ‘rotten eggs’ smell which could stuff up the nose and bring choking tears to the eyes that could linger for hours on a battlefield. Same with the bitter ozone scent from plasma artillery, but a fierce wind had already started to pick up as the sun rose to its zenith over the battlefield. Its breeze clearing the smell of battle and driving it further into the distant plains, leaving only the sights of destruction and devastation. Bodies were being collected, wrapped in the black permafoil of bodybags, then loaded one by one into the bays of waiting hovercraft. It was a dour business, but the squires conducting the retrieval did not complain, placing bodies of friend and foe alike with reverence and silent meditative prayers. Those of the Sovereign houses would be taken back to the core, where stewards and knights would hold silent vigil until they were buried. Those of the enemy would be buried on the battlefield. Names that could be recovered handed over to local governance. 

But now it was time to depart. Another brutal campaign completed. Another dark enemy vanquished. And more young men and women consigned to the dirt when they should have seen long and happy lives. Lives of peace instead of devastating war. 

He gestured to his crew of valiant Knights and together they departed for the core worlds.