System: Coruscant System

Orbital Position: ?

Moons: 4

Grid Coordinates: L-10

Physical Information

Class: Skyhook

Atmosphere: Type 1 Breathable

Primary Terrain: Cityscape

Points of Interest: Midnight City Spire, Wartide Arms, Midnight Forgeworks, Coruscant Stardrive Corporation, Corusca Dynamics, Rane Scando Memorial Hospital, Huttball Arena, Blobstacle Course, Swoop Track, Pod Track, Arboretum, Lake Midnight, Midnight Protocol RAID Network, BIG SHOT Bounty Office, Galactic Gunshop, The Last Call (Only This Thread)

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Droids

Immigrated Species:  Chiss, Nagai, Devoronian, Zeltron, Wookiees, Omwati, Givin, Zebrak, Neimoidians, Humans and many more

Primary Language(s): Galactic Basic

Faction Affiliation: Sith Occupied

JediRP Canon History:
The Last Call is a Bar that is among the oldest establishments in Jedi RP history. It was destroyed countless times, only to be resurrected again and it again. During the Hespiridium Cataclysm, it appeared to be destroyed for good. Now that the Coruscant reconstruction effort is fully under way, The Last Call has finally managed to cheat death once more, finding a new home in the Central district of the Midnight City Skyhook.

A Detail description of the bar is in the post below.

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

• 3 weeks later...

The Last Call is a bar that has been operating for over 20 years, and is something of an institution. It exemplifies the indestructible spirit of Coruscant, having been completely obliterated countless times. In the wake of the Hespiridium incident, when the planet was hit by a moon and nearly decimated, the bar closed for what seemed to be the final time, only to make a comeback by fiat of Kane Wartide, the Bar's new owner.

The lights above the outside of the bar proclaimed its name in 5 foot tall letters in a western-style font. Next to it are lights shaped like a martini glass, made to look like it is emptying and refilling. This sign is the only original piece of the last call, having miraculously been recovered by droids. Next to it is a small addition that Kane had added: a small pink cone with a face, an obscure deity known as "Splendid Ap," the Bar's new mascot.

Inside the bar is the main counter and miscellaneous tables scattered throughout. A few booths are in the back, made to be private. They are all kept very clean, impeccably so. Booths are outfitted with specialized privacy screens that prevent observation or listening in by even high tech spy devices. It is Dimly Lit with overhead lights and some Neon Signs, another Splendid Ap appearing behind the counter, along with hundreds of bottles of varied alcoholic beverages, backlit by illuminated shelves. 

Above the bar rests a small apartment with two separate bedrooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen/living room. It is an artifact of the bar's previous layout, the home of the Bar's former owner, now empty, but constructed anyway in hope that she may one day return.

In a level below the main bar is a VIP room, where valued guests who refuse to mingle with the common people of Coruscant  can go. It can be accessed by a secret back door or by passing through a security door on the interior. Inside there is a stage intended for live entertainment, but when not in use it is occupied by holographic bands playing music selected by a nearby Jukebox.

The bar is guarded by a rather fearsome looking droid called "The Defenestrator" who will live up to his name if anyone causes trouble. Additionally, it is outfitted with a powerful weapon damping field which renders most arms inoperative. There are turreted tractor beams and a hair trigger firefoam projector that may also be employed to subdue unruly guests. A terrarium containing Ysalimir is set in the wall, where the happy little slugs crawl around, doing their duty to curb force use within the bar.

A woman about 20 or so sits behind the counter, a pair of flight goggles atop her violet-streaked brown hair. Her name is Kasumi, but is in truth she is a Holographic Emulator Droid, designed to take the appearance and mimic some of the personality of the Bar's original owner. She sits, reading a small holo-magazine until her customers come.

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

• 2 weeks later...

Zalis found herself walking in to the infamous Last Call, which was either restored or rebuilt after the Mandalorian conquest and destruction of the Coruscant. Clearly there was a ton of work put into restoring Coruscant to it's original glory of sorts. The large station, Midnight City helped bring forth that feeling that someone was still walking around Coruscant at night during the night life that always teemed to life with lights, music and sweet smells. Part of her was a bit upset that she didn't have Black Sun take advantage and do something similar. But her own thoughts and desires at the time were not focused upon such a feat. 

As she walked through the bar, many eyes darted her way and began to covet her the way a dog would covet meat being brought into the pack by a superior hunter. With a side smile, Zalis knew that she choose correctly in her outfit. The black slightly revealing top with many pleated strips of black fabric that showed off her legs as she would walk. Heading up to the bar itself, many eyes watched her, and one very interested Zeltron followed her up. The young woman bartender gave her a smile. "What can I get for you?" "I'll take a Merenzane Gold-large glass." "I'll cover her drinks." The voice of the Zeltron said behind her. Zalis turned to stare the light pink, dark jet blue Zeltron in the eyes. "Your outfit draws as much attention as I do normally upon entering a room. The black color makes your fair skin stand out, and the red hair really does pop. Tell me, what brings you in here today?" 

With a smile still on her face, she leaned back on the bar counter top. "Connections. I work for a very powerful company. What about you?" The Zeltron leaned in from his stance that he took. "I'm here to make connections as well. I heard... smuggling was coming back strongly as a trade here on Midnight City. The name is Borto. I'm the best smuggler on this side of the Core." The Zeltron sat down finally in the chair next to her. "I work for Black Sun. We're always looking to hire smuggles with a drive to get things done. Does that at all interest you?"

Zalis2.png

The bartender smiled politely, but silently, looking up from her magazine to examine the new customer's face. The droid that lurked beneath her holographic exterior reacted to what she saw with a high priority protocol, a secret bit of code superseding her usual caricature of the Bar's original operator. She took the bottle of Merenzane-Gold off of a clear illuminated shelf near the top and prepared her drink. When she set it on the table between the two women beneath the glass was a coaster with a note on it, oddly appearing to be both hand written from the pen used and yet printed by the perfection of the script. It read:

"You have been invited to the VIP room. Beware, the Sith have eyes and ears everywhere."

Across the room a large modified construction droid, locally known as The Defenestrator, stepped clear of the doorway leading to the lower level of the bar. The bartender made eye contact with Zallis, then looked over entrance to the stair case, then back down to her holomagazine

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

Zalis listened intently for a moment as Borto went on with his own desires to become one of the best well known smugglers. It was very typical of the conversations that she always had, young gun wanting to prove themselves to anyone who would give them a shot. She knew he would make many mistakes before he ever got to have his name made known. Picking up her drink, she took notice of the note below it, and she quickly picked it up to keep Borto from seeing it. Taking a rather small drink from her glass, she eyed the bartender, whom gave her a quick signal of where to go. Pulling out a datacard for Borto, she left it on the table for him. "Give me a buzz tomorrow and I'll see what I can get for you. For now, I have other business to attend to." 

Standing up, she moved quickly across the floor to the staircase. While she knew very well that there were eyes and ears everywhere, such as the Sith informant who watched her since she walked sitting in the far right corner booth. His choice of seating made him far more obvious then anyone else in the room. Although she did not fear for her own safety, as she knew the Sith had bigger fish to fry at the moment then her, and the tension was only recently worsened by Delta. Otherwise no one would have cared that she walked into the room. But there was something that she could appreciate about whomever it was that invited her to the VIP section. 

As she made her way to the final step into the lower section of the bar, the VIP section, she took a better decent size drink this time and allowed for her own movements to become a bit more bold, allowing for the pleated strips of black fabric of her dress to make noticeable movement as she entered the room. It was just who she was to make an entrance worthy of being noticed by everyone. 

Zalis2.png

Despite Zalis's flair, there was little attention paid initially. In fact, nearly no response at all from the other patrons or band playing on the stage. For a few moments it was unclear who had invited her to this room at all, everyone else in the room seemingly intent on the quartet of musicians on the stage. Abruptly, Kane stepped through a wall, apparently a holographic facade covering the opening of a secret elevator into the bar. Kane walked in quickly with a large basket gripped in his left hand. As he approached her he fought back a compulsion to straighten his jacket, as the sight of her dress made him feel as though his fine suit was suddenly inadequate. Instead snapped his fingers in the air, then waved the tips of his fingers past his neck in a "throat slitting" motion. As he did so, the band froze, then vanished, while all the guests lowered their facades to reveal they, like the bartender, were Holographic Emulator Droids put in place to make the bar seem busy. The droids slumped in place and at once the VIP room was eerily quiet.

"I apologize for the theatrics. Here at the heart of the empire, one can never be too careful. But in this room we should be shielded from prying eyes and imperial expectations." Kane placed the basket on a table, then bowed his head slightly and presented his gloved hand for a handshake.

"I am Kane Wartide, CEO of the Midnight corporation. I built...well basically everything worth seeing on this world thus far. Aside from yourself, of course."

Through a layer of decorative film, the contents of the basket were apparent. It was filled with guns, arranged in a delicate, almost floral pattern, barrels sticking out in a fan like display. Kane peered over the top of is glasses, head still bowed. He gestured toward the basket. "Please accept this Wartide Arms Gun Bouquet, in gratitude for meeting with me. I was hoping someone with ties to Black Sun would pass through and make themselves known, so your arrival is most fortuitous. We have much to discuss, Ms. Krales."

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

For a brief moment, disappointment was all that Zalis felt upon realizing that the entire area was a holographic projection. But such a feeling was overtaken by the sheer amazement at the feat. The man before her was playing a game unlike anyone else of whom she had ever interacted with before. She stared into his golden eyes as he introduced himself. His suit was fine looking, showing off style, yet not too elegant to draw too much attention to himself. As he offered her up a bouquet of arms that suddenly fancied her interest, she took a huge swig of her glass of Merenzane Gold and put the glass down. 

"A Business man. Many take interest in Black Sun Vigos when we enter a room looking to do business with us. Many more attempt to move moons for me because of my other connections. Although I must admit, even in my time owning Czerka and working for grander dreamers of Black Sun, I have never seen such an amazing feat such as this-" Zalis threw her arms open to display the entire bar, but also making it known that Midnight City itself was something worth noting to her. "And nothing can even begin to compare to what you have done here with Midnight Corporation since days before the Crusaders helped ravage this planet." She now accepted the basket from Kane and began to half heartedly look through it's contents. It was the very subtle way of letting him know that she was listening to what he had to discuss and that she was indeed interested. 

Zalis2.png

"I will admit it was no small feat. It would have been easier to blow Coruscant up and find a new one. But it is a labor of love rebuilding this dead world, something I decided to do because I wanted it done. Making a fortune in Imperial Credits was just a bonus. Just the toxic waste and space debris are taking forever to deal with, and we still have to repair the atmosphere. You should watch when it happens, it should be fairly spectacular to see a comet dragged into orbit and then vaporized to create a new sky. "

Kane invited Zalis to have a seat at the table. Kasumi Emerged from the stair case and brought Kane a glass of Alderaanian Wine,

"Ah, but I'm rambling. I didn't ask you here to talk about the restoration project. I wanted to invite you to participate in what follows. It seems like Black Sun has had a rough few years. Between the Moonfall and Dark Sun station incident, they have lost a great deal their former glory. But Black Sun is a part of Coruscant. It was bred by Imperial and Republic indifference, born in the lightless underlevels of this planet, and fed by the desperation of those who'd never even seen the sky above this world."

Kane took a sip of his wine, contemplating.

"You may be aware of my Father, the late Ronin Wartide. He had a rather contentious relationship with Black Sun. He had a rather contentious relationship with everyone truthfully, and I am no exception. But when he died, he was fighting to protect Black Sun. To this day it still baffles me. I know that he had a rather unsuccessful attempt to take over Black Sun once, but most everyone in the organization refused to follow him. They did not consider him an ally. And yet still he came back to aid them. My mother and I had joked it wouldn't kill him to do something selfless just once in his life. Then apparently it did."

Kane took a long pause, enjoying a rare moment of reflection, before realizing he was rambling again.

"The point is, I see this as a bit of unfinished business on his estate. Ronin took a big risk to try to preserve Black Sun when it needed help. I intend to try to complete his last wishes. Allow me to help you reestablish Black Sun's presence on Coruscant,"

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

Zalis raised an eyebrow at the story of Ronin. She had heard stories of him before hand, never negative or positive from her own perspective. She took a moment when Kane finished to take him and his story in. The man was something of a mystery to her. She would have thought that through her time making connections and rising through the ranks of Black Sun that surely she would have met him before, or even heard of him. Yet she had not, and here he was. His success was something that made her question her own tactics. She lowered her head to stare at the floor for a brief second before lifting it to meet his eyes. 

"I guess my immediate response is how?-" She left a second to pause, and only a second. "How are you planning on doing this and how do you even envisioning this working? How much will it cost me?" She tilted her head slightly to the right which caused a single stray piece of loose hair to fall on her face. "I haven't made it this far with my own success without knowing that these things cost something and that cost is almost always tied into... personal motivations." While she knew he said to honor his late father, but in her own experience, such motivations were gut and heart string pulls only. There was and will always be an ulterior motive. 

Zalis2.png

"Oh? That part is somewhat easy." Kane declared. "For starters, I happen to be aware that you are involved in several legitimate fronts. Like Czerka, among others. Businesses which are in fact my direct competitors. As tempting as it is to try to maintain a monopoly, a bit of healthy competition is good for the market. Markets with no competition stagnate, fail to innovate because they don't have to. I would like you to open branches here in Midnight, to expand commerce. Then you can use one or many of these fronts as a beachhead to start involving Black Sun here, for whatever nefarious purposes you may be chasing in the up-and-coming economy of Neo Coruscant."

Kane set his glass down, meeting her eyes with an intense gaze. She saw through his innocuous intents and wanted to know what he would really be getting out of the deal. Fearing she might get spooked if she thought he was trying to deceive her, he decided to drop pretense and state his plan plainly.

"Then, you help me open up that economy to the gradually expanding market in rebel space. I can't be locked into just who the Empire says I can sell to, it's bad for business. I need my goods to show up where there's a demand for them, and where there is demand is where people are trying to take up arms against the Empire."

Kane checked the door to see if it was still closed. He had revealed what purpose all the security involved with this meeting was for. What he had just said might count as treason.

"So the Rebels order goods, Black Sun arranges the payments, I send out cargo, tip you off to where it's going, and train my pilots to dump the cargo and not fight pirates for it. Black Sun intercepts it and gets it to the Rebels. You take a healthy percentage of the payment since you're the one taking the largest risk. I can't do anything to oppose Imperial law here or Midnight will burn and I'll find myself on the end of a lightsaber. But I believe Black Sun can, and it stands to assert its rightful place in the galaxy by doing so."

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

Zalis listened with great interest, as much of what Kane said was something along the lines of what she would have setup if she were in his position. Although, his own vision seemed to lack some details, it was still worth taking the first step to get the ball rolling. Putting down the basket and picking up her drink, she looked over Kane for a moment before taking a drink. "You make it sound simple enough. I've always been a big fan of playing both sides, making a profit on whomever is willing to pay. But if I'm honest, it hasn't been as easy recently. The Rebellion, Jedi, Local governments that support them have... strayed from buying even from Czerka, along with HyperTech and HealthiDrive, all because I have stock in them and make a profit. Incom-FreiTek suffered some slight losses, and even more so to buy my share out..."

She threw back the entire glass now to empty it's content. "Granted, I still make huge credits selling outside of Rebellion and Jedi patrolled areas. Only the Sith Empire doesn't care whom they buy from. They're also pissed at some of the recent moves made, but that doesn't seem to stop their buying." Putting down the glass, she moved to lean back. "I think the real question is, are you willing to risk backlash at connecting your company to ours? I'm more than willing to try anything to make more credits. But I can't force you to put your hard work and reputation on the line for that."

Zalis2.png

Kane took a long pause, contemplating his answer.

"Well, you see there's a level where the risk of backlash is precisely why this must be done. Not from the imperial overlords, but from the rebellion. This galaxy is in constant upheaval, and it is possible we will see a shift in the balance of power multiple times within our lives. If the rebels come knocking at Coruscant, take the planet, win the war and take the galaxy; I would rather never be on the wrong side of history. As it stands the more I work the Empire, the more likely I am to be seen as an imperial collaborator. Even an essentially altruistic act like rebuilding Coruscant has puts me risk of being targeted by extremist factions. You're in the same boat if the rebels aren't persuaded otherwise. But if we become an instrumental supply line, then they will see us as allies and we'll weather the storms of war more favorably."

Kane pulled a cloth from his coat and cleaned his glasses,

"And looking ahead of that, even if the Imperials were defeated, there's no reason why the bridges we've built with them should go unused. Because you can never know when they might make a comeback. This is the only way I see to play a long game in this galaxy. One must float atop the waves of social upheaval or be swallowed by them."

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

Zalis slowly let a smile appear upon her face. She liked Kane and where his mind was at. "I like you. You know your goals, what paths to take and when to take them. Consider us official partners in business then." She picked up her glass, only to remember that it was emptied a few moments ago and put it back down. Not wanting to stay seated any more, she stood up and re-picked up her glass in hopes that it would be refilled for her. 

"Czerka has moved the majority of its factories to Ord Mantell, and the cruise-liner Titan has become to mobile HQ of sorts for Black Sun. Legitimate business, much like what I've tried to accomplish in the past few years while behind the scenes is where the more illegal stuff takes place. You can normally find me at either of those two locations, as I try to help maintain the PR issues Black Sun has developed over the decade." She stopped and thought for a moment about Delta. While he was always a loose canon and a massive risk in her business plans, she did miss having him around to have fun. She decided that she would have to personally invite him to spend a week on Titan with her. "Anyways, that's where the majority of the business takes place on our end for the most part. Still trying to recover a bit from the whole Dark Sun incident. Maybe with this partnership we can find new locations and expand upon the seeds that have aready been sown."

Zalis2.png

Kane realized he had set the bartender not to disturb the proceedings, He hastily put on his glasses and pulled out his datacomm. He made a few taps on the screen, and in moments one of the inactive droids in the room reactivated and set about refreshing Zalis' drink. He smiled as a clean glass filled with Merenzane Gold appeared on a tray carried by a bare hologram droid, along with the remainder of the Alderaanian wine and an empty glass for it, should she want to switch drinks. Kane got up to mirror Zalis, and present his drink for a toast.

"Excellent. Partner."

Kane was smiled. He was most impressed with Zalis. He felt assured that he had chosen his ally well in this most delicate matter. He needed somebody he could count on to maintain a legitimate face, and he was certain she would deliver.

"I another gift for you. This droid is yours."

Kane whistled, cuing a  Black H4-R0 droid to float in through the same false holographic wall Kane had entered with.

"This is H4-R0 Beta. It responds to Rob. It has been heavily modified to contain an advanced sensor package and an encrypted long range holonet transceiver. You may use it as you see fit. It has access to Magi System, The Midnight Supercomputer Network and it is intended to act as my liaison."

The droid made low pitched chattering tones. It sounded grumpy.

"It will grant you access to our intelligence, plus internal schematics for both Midnight and Coruscant. I can't know what measures the Empire will take for security, but a detailed map should give you plenty of possible routes to avoid detection when necessary. The droid can also act as a secure proxy to connect us when we need to communicate directly. It's got a self destruct system with enough thermite to render it a puddle should it be tampered with."

H4-R0b made a sad "Dwoooooo."

"I will see to it that you are given preference for matters of real estate, here and on the surface below. Perhaps we can recreate what was lost at Dark Sun here. "

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

Zalis was pleasantly surprised by Kane and his ability to handle things. With her drink refilled, and another offered up, she gladly took the new drink and made her toast with him. This was the beginning of a beautiful partnership, she had a good hunch about it, even better than her hunch on making the bid for Czerka. Her own flattery of the man increased with the droid and the protocols he had set it up with. Very similar to her different droids she employed on Ord Mantell to help get things situated. 

"Setting up a shop here would be fantastic. Czerka could use a more Core world to operate out of."

She took a moment to gently brush her hand on the droid, if for nothing else but to get a feel for it's metal surface and know how it felt, but such a moment was short, as her comlink buzzed. She checked it quickly, as it was in private mode, which meant someone knew the priority override. It also meant that someone wanted her to see something quickly. The message was short. "Corellia: Coronet City" There was no name attached to it, so it could have been Remo, but there was no way of knowing. She made a face of confusion for sure, but looked up at Kane. "Do you mind if we pull up the Holonet? I think there is something someone wants me to see."

Zalis2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kane Acquiesced to Zallis' request, pulling out his datacomm again and tapping on the screen. The Stage where the holographic musicians had been playing lit up with a few different news projections.  One reporter detailed a recent conflict on Corellia, while another was speculation on a situation evolving at Kessel. Apparently it was suspected that the Rebels were starting an attack on Kessel.

"Looks like the rebels have been busy." Kane mumbled, watching the broadcast. He glanced back at Zallis.

"I gather this means you have other business to attend to?"

uNnZks9.png
Capitalism!

Zalis watched for a moment as she realized there were actually two different events that now required her attention. Corellia was a prime spot to establish a Czerka office on, even more so as a way to help relief efforts would open many more doors for her. But Kessel... the complications there were great and many. On one hand, the spice mines were a place that Black Sun used to help shore up more of their illicit clientele that fancied such things. Smuggling in and out of their ways always high traffic, and could potentially become more so with a take over or a destruction of any part of the facility. But it was her ties to the company of HealthiDrive that would suffer from any form of destruction or increased security measures. She needed to respond there and quickly. 

"Unfortunately yes." She looked at Kane now with a half smirk upon her face. "Because I'm starting to gather that you and me have very similar goals... Don't capitalized too quickly up Corellia. Wait for me, please." She now winked as she turned to leave. She made sure to take with her the basket of weapons provided to her upon meeting Kane. With the basket in hand, she made her way out of the bar and towards her ship. She needed to keep the legitimate business aspects of Black Sun alive. Because of that, she needed to protect the assets of HealthiDrive, and that is exactly what she intended to to upon arriving at Kessel... 

Zalis2.png