Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

Quin arrived second to the mess hall after Carson did. Quin got what food he wanted and then sat down next to Carson with a slight grunt. He looked up to see both Allidar and Tenbar arriving at the same time and jumping in line to also get some food. He looked down at his own plate with a bit of disgust. He wasn't a fan of what was being served, but was too hungry to really complain outside of giving his disgusted look at it before shoveling some of it in his mouth. With a full mouth, he observed that Carson did bring cards with him. With some bits of food falling out, he asked the new recruit about it.

"I see you did bring your cards. Is that some kind of comfort thing?" He wasn't being mean, just simply curious. To Quin, cards was something that old mean played to keep themselves occupied. He had never seen someone his own age play them as a legit downtime thing. Tenbar sat down with a disgusted look with the group, but not at the food, rather at Quin. "Do you need to talk with your mouth full?" Allidar gave a slight smile at the comment from tenbar, but didn't add anything. She for one was also curious about Carson, but not really why he carried the cards.

(( @Moff Lurg ))

New_Beck.png

Carson looked at Quin, then said "I just like playing cards, it's a downtime thing when I'm not at work, I was also wondering if you wanted to play a game of Sabacc." Carson looked at the amounts of credits he had, then seeing that he had none he said. "I won't be gambling anything, unless you want a portion of my food." He then started eating and after swallowing he heard Tenbar make his comment "Not sure soldiers are supposed to be neat and tidy, I mean if I was eating rations in trenches I would yell to warn others if there was a force just attacking." Carson then looked back at Quin, waiting for a response.

Quin almost spit his food out on his plate in spite of Tenbar, but the response from Carson seemed to be enough to keep him from actually doing so. He instead swallowed what was in his mouth and then turned to give his full attention to Carson. "I'd love to play a game of Sabacc. Haven't actually played it since I was fourteen. Play Pazaak recently, but not Sabacc." Allidar gave a cough before she spoke up to add on. "Pazaak isn't really a thinkers game. More like luck. Some say Sabacc is the same way. Dejarik is the game that will help skills develop."

"But not everyone has access to a Dejarik board Allidar. Cards are a better way of keeping the mind sharp while in the field." Tenbar leaned in after taking a bite of his own food and looked around at the table. Once he swallowed his food, he got a grin. "How about a fun game between the four of us then? Just to keep our minds sharp and active?"

New_Beck.png

Sandy began to realize that she had mostly been informed of the famous and somewhat infamous Aryian Darkfire purely through what Aidan himself had said of the man. What she had sensed in their time of meditation, and the general rumour mill that had transcribed her time as a hopeful. The man had been larger than life, and he cast a very long shadow over Aidan and his family. Sandy decided to forgo any further judgement without the due research the man deserved and simply nodded in response to Misal. They ducked into a freight elevator and Sandy was left for the moment with her thoughts. 

“Which floor?” 

Then she looked back at the veiled and elderly Miraluka.  

“We are fortunate indeed, and I apologize for speaking on something I did not know much about. It is a tendency that has plagued me since my apprenticeship. I know AIdan has struggled, but I admit I don’t know how to help him.”

Perhaps the answer lay in the young man himself. She could not force him to leave his baggage behind. That would be for him to do himself.

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

“Well done not feeding anger at going down to a blow like that.” 

It had not been her master’s technique, but Alcmène far preferred a praising approach to training than the constant belittlement and punishments that she had received. Her blade was easily batted aside by his own blow and her thin smile became a grin. She danced back from the blow at her waist, letting it whisper past her midriff, furrowing a long black line in her red tunic. 

“Remaining calm is where we Jedi thrive. Do not let the taunts of anger of you opponent effect you.” 

She gestured her hand and a stiff telekinetic blow slammed towards his ankles. 

“If an opponent is stronger than you. Break his roots.” 

• Like 1

14365472_Alcmne.png.bfda32e929e4ce0bf873f82d453f414b.png

On 11/13/2021 at 1:43 PM, Alcmène said:

“Well done not feeding anger at going down to a blow like that.” 

It had not been her master’s technique, but Alcmène far preferred a praising approach to training than the constant belittlement and punishments that she had received. Her blade was easily batted aside by his own blow and her thin smile became a grin. She danced back from the blow at her waist, letting it whisper past her midriff, furrowing a long black line in her red tunic. 

“Remaining calm is where we Jedi thrive. Do not let the taunts of anger of you opponent effect you.” 

She gestured her hand and a stiff telekinetic blow slammed towards his ankles. 

“If an opponent is stronger than you. Break his roots.” 

Vox's maneuver was met with compliments. Good, it gave the Trandoshan some more courage to push forward in the figurative sense. The Force warned him of an incoming wave, not large or flashy but rather a strong and small push of force toward his ankles. His instincts scream jump but the Force said something... Else. Quickly Vox tugged on the Force around him and blocked the power coming toward him. 

The instant he did that, Vox pressed forward, and instead of one hand gripping the saber he used both for better control and swifter movement. When he approached Alcmène, Vox swung again this time using the Force to bolster his speed, his controlled attack swipe diagonally from the lower left to the upper right similar to his "brilliant" strike before. He knew the attack could get parried or dodged so he came back down with his blade following the smaller woman as he did. Though his pursuit seemed eager, which it was, he didn't rush nor did he strike with needless or excess power, Vox allowed the Force to guide his movements, and though now they'd be moving at a fervent speed to him everything was slowed down. 

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

Carson started shuffling the cards before then going over the rules of the game. He dealt the cards out to all four of the people at the table. "So while we play Sabacc I wanted to ask, what do we do after we eat?" He started his turn then when finished he looked over to Allidar, nodding his head to tell him that it's his turn. Carson thought for a bit about Admiral Beck Pilon, and had wondered why he had made them do such a hard training scenario. He brushed the thoughts away then focusing back on the game of cards. He then waits for Allidar to take his turn in the card game. @Beck Pilon

Edited by Moff Lurg

“Shen-Cresh two, my dear. We won’t need to go far.” A sense of amusement about Misal suggested that the veteran operator was lying through her teeth. Indeed, the moment that the turbolift jolted in its descent with a recoil, a faint ripple tremulated through The Force and the Miraluka took a deep breath. Her arm withdrew from Master Sarna’s and her wrist shot forward, revealing a small dataspike from the sleeve of her black robe that she jammed into the turbolift’s controls with a firm thrust.

Letting out a little sigh of satisfaction, Misal continued more calmly, understanding that the turbolift’s holocam had just been subverted. Indeed, the service lift was continuing to descend--quite a bit further down into Nar Shaddaa’s bowels than the neglected subcellar levels of the Rebel Alliance’s headquarters.

“I have personally found that secrets and shame are inherently erosive to relationships… and to a person’s character. These elements are unfortunately replete in a military organization. The only counter is intimacy. Not the diverting variety,” there was another wry smile from the aged Miraluka. “But the kind that only develops with years of active acceptance and hard work. Bearing your own faults to a person that can wound you deeply and trusting in their kindness. Understanding and accepting when they inevitably err. Learning their character so deeply that you sometimes know how they will respond.”

“Of course, maintaining that kind of intimacy can be rather difficult when the subject is behind bars. Stealing personnel files will have to suffice in this instance. I understand if you lack the appetite for this kind of work.”

Indeed, at that moment, the turbolift’s doors opened to reveal a dank tunnel system that ran far beneath the Red and Black. Misal’s nostrils closed instinctively at the familiar reek of mildew, ancient duracrete, and the effluent of unnameable species. Wherever the two Force-Sensitive women were, they were far beneath the foundations of the Rebel Alliance’s headquarters, down in the depths of Nar Shaddaa that had been abandoned and sealed away centuries ago. Few civilized creatures were purported to venture down to these levels, and the scarce sapients who found use for them invariably wished for their business to remain undetected by lawful authorities.

• Like 2

drayyy.png

Allidar gave a smile as she looked over her cards. Sabacc was a game she knew how to play, but didn't understand. She glanced over at everyone at the table before returning to her own hand. She held a few cards that she knew the full values of, such as the Master and two Balance cards. She looked for a moment at Tenbar before she spoke to Carson. "After eating, not much. We clean our equipment, read training manuals, get tested, do some workouts... Training scenarios every so often. Nothing like the one we just went through. We haven't been assigned to anything yet, outside of training programs."

Tenbar let out a very heavy sigh as he looked over his own cards. The Star, Endurance and The Idiot. "Usually it's learning the function of each unit and protocols. I know that there was a delay in assignments of new recruits to commanders due to a lot of them being off site with the war. But from the buzz, it sounds like it's coming here soon." Quin cleared his throat. "I'd hate to not get put into command before the evacuation begins. We'd then get shuffled around and not assigned for another two standard months." He looked at his cards. The Ace , a four and a three card. He then looked at Carson. "You have a better chance out of any of us. You have some history. Maybe that's why Admiral Pilon did the exercise he did with us, to see what you can actually do." @Moff Lurg

New_Beck.png

With some great deal of apprehension Sandy pressed the holopanel and set the turbolift on its rocketlike journey towards the depths of the Red and Black. The apprehension was soon proven true as the older woman whipped a dataspike into the panel. She took a step back and felt a frown begin to creep across her face. Was this really the way to deal with this? Surely a more diplomatic approach, if not just a straight and simple appeal to the Empress of the Imperial Remnant was the correct course here, not a subtle infiltration mission into the heart of their allies base. A base whose doors had been willingly opened for them. She did not like the feeling that shivered down her spine, but she kept quiet and watched as Aidan’s grandmother brought the turbolift into the bowels of old Nar Shaddaa. 

A place that held the secrets of a thousand years of slavery. A place where she had seen the bodies of slavers dumped like refuse into the deep dark of the yawning mouth of Nar Shaddaa. She shivered. The Imperials had called it a justifiable solution to what to do with those that had profited from the enslavement of sentient life. She had not stopped the slaughter, no one had. The hutts and their ilk deserved the fate that the firm hand of the remnant had given them. Had it been justified? Looking back it felt like it had been. The sight of child slaves strapped with detonite collars, still woke her up at nights, and seeing those that put them there gunned down, did not trouble her sleep at all. 

She swallowed her memories and feelings and stepped out into the darkness at the heels of a woman she did not truly know. 

Such was the way of the Jedi.

"I have your back." 

And her hand rested on the handle of her lightsaber. 

• Confused 1

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

“I want the message to be clear. No-” She paused for a moment before looking back at the group of leaders who packed the stateroom of the Red and Black. “-I want it to be damn clear.” She pointed to the list of planets that scrolled down the holoform that was projected on the wall. “We will end the vile practise of slavery with blaster and bayonet. Ryloth was only a test. We may not be embraced with open arms in every corner of the galaxy, but when we take power-” She motioned to the galactic map, who’s spiraling arms were divided into sectors of garish coloured light. “-It is not an if. It is a when. That will be the galactic law. You own another sentient being in chattel slavery and you will be executed. Your assets confiscated and given to your victims.” She raised her hands as if to surrender. “Now this policy will not make us friends with the hutts…” 

The group of uniformed men and women laughed. 

“But we do not want to be friends with them. We will purge their kind from every hole they may try to bury themselves into.” 

She sighed, then looked back to Prince Alcarne, who stood in the regal blues of Outremer. Who stood alongside the other minor rulers of the Alliance. Baris Kailfreng of Montressor, and the well fed Count Rentor of Serenno, standing behind him. The other more democratic members being mostly noticeably absent from this meeting. As were the brown robed Jedi knights…

But that would be the way of the galaxy. The great Democracies had ruled the Galactic Alliance. The had had their time in the sun, and had left the galaxy a bitter ruin. The very seat of democracy unceremoniously left to burn while its citizenry died by the trillions. Never again would such weakness be left as the guardian of the People. 

No. The galaxy needed a strong central power. Advised by the planetary and system governments, but not run by them. They would make up the government, its governors, its stewards. But decisions would not be up to some senate. Never again. The People and their safety would come first. Not some bureaucrat with forty years of experience voting himself money.

There would be a place for democracy. Any planet that wanted to maintain theirs would be allowed to keep it. And those with monarchies and despots would keep their own forms of government. But Galactic matters would be handled by the council of governors and the Crown. And it was in this room that the influential members, those that provided military forces to the Alliance. Were discussing the general Constitution of the coming government. Even if it was a theoretical document. For there was still a war to be won. Raven finished her speech with another diatribe regarding slavery, then bowed to the youngest member in the room.

• Like 1

Raven_Sig.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

“Ladies and gentlemen of the provisional government.” The young queen curtsied to the gathering of generals and fellow monarchs. “I come from a world that has little power. A world that believed in the silken words of the Galactic Alliance. We believed in the security of the senate. We believed in the righteousness of a democracy. Selecting our heads of state to be little more than pawns to the bureaucracy. Figureheads in white, whose skirts hid the failings of great men. We did not see what a mistake it was to trust the Galactic Alliance until it was far too late. Now I am the queen of a doomed planet, whose people lie under the heavy yoke of Sith thralldom.

“While the Remnant screamed about Sith Incursions to the far Galactic East, the Galactic Alliance and its senate twiddled their thumbs. Arguing about taxation and trade disputes while men fought and died on their very doorstep. Now I will not disparage the brave men and women of the Military. I would never doubt their commitment, but they were shackled by foolish policy that withheld their hand from intervention. They were forced to watch while a great power rose to eclipse them that they could do nothing to stop. Because they were held back by the democratic senate. We may discuss rule of law and the punishment of specific crimes all we like. But if we do not fix the problem at its source we will just see the problem come around again. 

“I agree with the empress of the Imperial Remnant and I think all of you here when I say, never again should we allow ourselves and the Alliance to fall to this weakness. What else is a galactic government for if not to protect its citizens from threats external or internal. Naboo stands with the formation of a strong central government who is not bound by having every single thing its military does be voted upon by ten thousand competing interests. Interests I must point out that did not believe it within the power of the GA to stop slavery in the outer rim. Interests that put the crying of millions of innocents out of mind so that they could stay in their ivory towers. 

Her smile became a grim and hard jawed look of determination. Something that clashed with her soft and kind face. 

“For the safety of the people. We must not let a democracy result from this war. We cannot repeat the mistakes of our past. Because if we do, we have ignored the lesson bought with the blood of trillions.”

• Like 1

1602728932_pastedimage0.png.be6656e9271682dd4be932788f9a8ee0.png

This was a region of Nar Shaddaa that few sapient beings with legitimate business dared to enter. There were rumors--as with Coruscant, before the first or second time the ecumenopolis had undergone a planet-wide demolition--that mutants and other foul fauna prowled the Undercity. The legends of blind troglodytes, enormous duracrete-consuming wurms, even rakghouls--they were all favorites of Nar Shaddaa’s veterans, told with a poodoo-eating grin to spook the Imperial and Rebel visitors. Some of the more outlandish stories worried that the very foundations that the Imperial towers were built upon were not entirely stable--that the entire cityspace might collapse at any moment.

Misal had yet to corroborate any of those stories. However, as the two Force-Sensitives departed the turbolift and their passage through the vast tunnel was lit by spot-lumas attuned to proximity sensors, one of the stories was immediately confirmed: the ecosystem of this elevation was entire different from the “surface”. It was cold, damp, and the very air felt sickeningly oily. The older Miraluka shivered once as she peered into the distant darkness. The Rebel Alliance may have patrolled these tunnels at some point--even removed leaking pipes and killed some of the more aggressive fauna--but their attempts at securing them did nothing to obliterate the claustrophobia.

“As it happens, Nar Shaddaa has quite a fascinating geology for a moon of this size. Millenia of sapients building on top of the foundations of previous generations, almost no standardized documentation. There is a vast foundation of partly-forgotten infrastructure below the surface… such as these old maglev tunnels. Long abandoned, of course,” she added with a smile as their steps towards the general direction of the Imperial Knights headquarters echoed… and echoed… and echoed. 

A faint scuttle of a many-legged shadow retreated from them. A series of spotlumas flickered to life in the darkness far before them, but failed to reveal anything other than their own imaginations. As The Force tended to will such things, the path of the two Force-Sensitives was leading them directly towards the retreating lights. “I suspect that the Rebel Alliance deliberately built their headquarters over them. No doubt my daughter will find them very useful in the future. Three hundred meters at two-eighty until we are beneath the Imperial Knights’ complex. ”

“Yes, Rebellion definitely did not succeed in sterilizing these tunnels. Hopefully that creature is not intelligent. Or social.”

• Like 1

drayyy.png

Kirlocca found himself coming and going rather consistently through consciousness. Through the Force, he was able to sense out his padawans along with others. Namely Raven. He was fully unaware of how he got back into the presence of Raven and others within the Jedi Order again, let alone how they even got off the planet, yet here he was. He reached out to touch each mind of both Alleria and Johan, letting them know he was with them, as he was sure they would freak out suddenly being within a med ward. Sitting up, he almost immediately bumped his head on some light that hung over him. A droid nurse seemed to not notice, while the Twi'lek one did.

"Yeah, I guess those lights do hang a bit low for Wookiees. You're injuries seemed fairly straight forward, unlike the Mandalorian woman with you. You may notice that your leg will go numb every so often. Whatever got you, I was unable to actually reverse most of the damage." Kirlocca threw is legs over the side of the operating table that he was on. His left leg did indeed have a slight numb feeling to it where the undead thing got him. With a slow nod, he stood up and put some weight on it. The pain level was very minimal at best.

<< I've had worse... Although I can't truly remember what it felt like. You did well with what transpired to me. >>

The Jedi Master moved to get himself dressed in the clothing that he normally would wear around the Jedi Temple's of old. His own mind had a slight pain when he also thought of Tobias Vos and everything he went through. And I lost the lightsaber he let me borrow... He shook his head as he cast the thought aside. For now, he had far greater things that he needed to be prepared for and to deal with. The loss of material things wouldn't hold him down for the moment. 

Edited by Wookiee Jedi
Style
  • Like 2

Having successfully directed the pacification and liberation of Outer Heaven, Vice Admiral Nikolai Kolchak had directed his attentions to Mon Cal before being summoned to Nar Shaddaa. The glistening brand new hulls of a fleet of Mon Cal built warships pierced the twinkling darkness of space, reflecting the stars in their glistening chromium coated hulls.

Aboard the bridge of the armor-laden Assault Lance, The Wailing Whaladon, Kolchak surveyed the cityscape below. It had not been that long ago that the strongest Imperial asset on the planet had been his very own shadowy cabal of Naval Intelligence operatives. Now, they were a stark minority, lurking amongst the undercurrent of the world, silently maintaining law and order, protecting the fleet and by it, freedom and dignity the galaxy over.  

Quickly, the cybernetically enhanced commander disembarked and made his way to the meeting below.

He arrived, with his small contingent of white clad Imperial commandos just as the Empress was speaking, slipping into the back of the room as quietly as they may. Stoicly he listened as the heads of state and bureaucrats stated their thoughts and opinions. Democracy had it’s place, but to maintain such a thing required a razor-edged balance; one that, so far, a bloated galaxy like theirs was unable to maintain on a galactic scale without falling to dark desires and personal passions. What he had seen in the shadows of his career was that laziness, sloth and complacency allowed the current dark threat to fester and grow again into the monster that now threatened them all.    

When it came his turn to speak, the Vice Admiral of the Remnant’s naval forces and overseer of Naval Intelligence, a man whose career had been built upon his work as a pirate hunter and beyond the frontline combatant of the very evils these leaders now sought to oppose, stepped forward. Behind him stood his faceless contingent, a protective detail that belayed years of terror to evil doers and compliance to the will of the government’s leadership against chaos and disorder. “Highness,” he bowed slightly to the Empress. “The scourge on Outer Heaven haz fallen. Even now ze vorld is being rebuilt into ze visionz ov zis council. Freedom and prosperity shall reign. Ze forces under my command, naval and intelligence, stand ready to continue ze fight against oppression and villainy.” He paused as his mind and mechanized enhancements considered ending what he was saying there. For a moment, he stood silent before deciding to continue. “But zen, in a galaxy as large as ours, zhere vill always be zhese zhreats, internal and out.” He shot a knowing  glance to the Queen-in-exile. “Ve must constantly vatch and strike vithout hesitation at any who vould zhreaten our people. Even now, ze ahipyardz ov Mon Cala are churning forth veapons by vhich to preserve ze peace ov ze stars. Zhey stand ready to zerve.”

As soon as he was done, Nikolai, locked eyes with the Empress, nodded and stepped back.

INTERDICTION CADRE: Interdiction Field

-SFS Immobilizer 418-class Heavy Cruiser Constantine |9/9| (1xp)

-MC30-class frigate Queen Memara |3/3| (1xp)

-DP20 Corvette Surprise |2/1| (1xp)

-DP20 Corvette Crescelle |2/1| (1xp)

-DP20 Corvette Hawkbat |2/1| (1xp)

-DP20 Corvette Audacity |2/1| (1xp)

-MC90 Star Cruiser The Wailing Whaladon 25/25

Assault Lance [Kinetic Ram] Juggernaut

-MC80a Star Cruiser Tessek’s Revenge 25/25

Search and Destroy Carrier Ghost Hunters

• Like 1

kol2.png.1d12933059e161bb1d4824942dd151d8.png