Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

--Continuing off Bar Shaddaa--

The Trandoshan eased just a tad bit as the woman spoke, however it was a far cry from comfort. Trust and words only went do far, yet he was desperate enough to do whatever it took. He glanced at the woman again as she snapped the device and walked onward to an unknown destination. Assuming she was taking Vox to their leaders, he put that little trust on her to do as she said she would. 

Once she waved a group on over, not seeing the woman waved her hand, Vox tensed up. They scurried over and he was ready to defend himself when the woman decidingely introduced them as her pilot squad. Normally, if a Trandoshan wanted to introduce someone to a guest they'd take the guest over to the individuals. Not have them horde over to the guest, that meant a fight was happening. Or worse. Shaking the thought from his head, Vox listened to the woman but remained silent, clearly not wanting to give his name out. 

Finally, though, he spoke, "Chieftain." 

Though seen as petty or arrogant, if the Chieftain wanted his name known he'd tell it. It was like that with all individuals unfamiliar with the Nudono tribespeople, names are rewarded or given out of respect, they were given properly in the way one would ask for each other's names. She didn't give hers, so Vox returned that favor. Though he most likely didn't want to know her name, "Stranger," Was more akin to what he'd likely call her. 

Vox followed them, half listening and minding himself, he couldn't help but look around. Everything was... Too advanced. They covered the land with spans upon miles of cityscape, there weren't any trees or forests nearby, and there was too much of that foreign music he's grown to loath so far. Especially a preppy song that was recently popular, by these people's standards. It was a city after all, but Vox didn't expect anything like this. When he first arrived he was amazed at such sights, but when he rebuilds his tribe it would be nothing compared to this. He'd rather his people be with nature, not with whatever these profaned things were. 

But it didn't surprise the Trandoshan one bit. His entire village only had several thousand of the Nudono, their housings were huddled but they allowed nature to take it over. Vines, moss and berry bushes were allowed, however everything else such as weeds and tall grass were trimmed so they weren't in too much a, "Primitive," state... Whatever that meant. They used healing remedies from the earth, their buildings built of stone and clay, and they frequent in the worships and thanks from their gods after a celebration, successful hunt, or even for another day to live. Days back then were simple, they didn't have to worry about falling numbers, invading Slavers, the Nudono didn't have to run from their home and die on an ice planet. 

It was still a burden on Vox's shoulders, and every time he would think there was a break the memory still burned in his skull. Defeat and sorrow was all he felt since then, happiness returned but slowly. He had friends that died that day, families that if not dead on the impact they fell to either their wounds or the cold. And it will always stick with him, even after he gets the tribe settled anew that day would never fade. It would be arrogance if it did. 

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

• 4 weeks later...

Vox gazed around aimlessly as he strode just behind the Jedi, taking in every single sight, sound, and every word and advertisement he was looking at. These people were beyond his own advancements, his own people's beliefs and understanding of technology were different. They were primitive compared to this great city and it's vices and wonders, but Vox didn't envy them one bit. Ae society like this was not what he aimed for. They covered the earth with roads and massive buildings, they had flying personal ships above and the smells of the city he didn't like one bit.

Vox understood why they were kept to one spot as this planet, these people and their daily ways of living were too much for the Nudono to comprehend. And he'd rather keep his people to simple living than any of this. Slowly as he remained on the planet Vox's amusement and curiosity began to decay, he'd need time and someone to help him understand all the complexities. That and the fact there weren't any of his people, and it made him feel anxious to get this ordeal over with and meditate back at the building the War Pack called, "Home."

The Jedi caught his attention as they approached a massive complex, stepping off the stairs that lead from one end to the next, Vox's gaze seemed to direct toward a metal building of sorts. Their home, these Jedi, was unlike many of the other buildings but he cared less for it. It was the people he wanted to know, not a large slab of iron. He began to walk up the long flight of stairs and when the question from the woman came, he hesitated, but his harsh eyes td otherwise. 

'My Life?' Vox thought, the many images running through his head. He remembered the burning smell of Ivoran bark and the roasting of Tikkik birds, Vox remembered the fresh lush air he breathed and the younger life he lead playing with friends and communing with the Chieftain, his father, as a child. Vox decided he'd then become a hunter, but his skills allowed him in as part of the War Pack. Military training hardened the young lad into a vicious, honorable, and respectable young Trandoshan, and he'd learned patience and various life lessons. 

Vox Bloodstorm, a prodigy any patent would be honored of having, had lead a simple yet good life this far. He fought through the ranks until he eventually became the Alpha of the War Pack, and it were the memories and responsibilities, the hardships and love for his tribe that drove him to greater heights. It wasn't just Vox that made him who he is now, it wasn't his father either who always treated the young man as a friend and a true son; it was the tribe and it's people, it's principles and ways of life, the very thing he made an oath to protect and preserve at any cost. And in doing this, it seemed he felt this was the right decision to make. 

"I suppose I come from where all Trandoshans come from," Vox replied in Common Trandoshan, "And as for me, my life will not be an easy one. I only joined your forces because one of your kind offered to me find my people a new home; away from the etches and wildfires of this war. In return, my War Pack would be heavily involved between the affairs of the Alliance and the Black Cloaks." 

Vox stopped himself before correcting, "The "Sith" as you call them. They were responsible for the death of many in my tribe, hundreds, with only seven of us left. I know more of my people are back home, under the rule of another if they are still alive. One day, once I'm ready to face him, I will return for the remainder of my people. For now, my efforts are getting reputation within your people's ranks, so that when the day comes, I can take the tribe from the cold grip of despair." 

The Chieftain would have said more, but he hardly knew this woman. He was anything but false and dishonest, and no matter how much it hurt he wouldn't lie about anything. At least not to an ally. It was clear Vox's goal was realized, and if one could feel it, the determination and the grip of this goal was as hard as metal. Unbendable, incorruptible, unbreakable. There would be nothing to stand in his way, not matter if it was good or evil, no matter if it meant life or death, his life was forfeit for his tribe, and no one will say otherwise.

A young woman was all he heard, then saw, Vox felt the bump of something as she raced past his vision. Several orbs were dropped from her grasp, then Vox had seen one of the three that somehow managed to land in his grasp launch from him. She apologized as she foolishly hurried down the hall with three of the spheres hovering around her, oblivious to the fact she dropped two and left them. Vox stood there, unsure of how to handle the situation before shaking his head. It didn't occured to him that the spheres were floating until it clicked in his head seconds later. 

"Are... Do... Can others around here levitate objects like that? What was that witchcraft?" The Chieftain asked the fellow Jedi, confused and curious about such an ability. These people were strange, far more mysterious than that, he thought. 

Vox's attention was dragged downward where he saw two of the spheres left behind; the first was of finely polished black, and the other was a beautiful rose quartz. To him they looked like glass but was amazed these orbs didn't crack at all. Perhaps they were made of strong crystal? He shook the question away as the next thought, more a feeling, came to him. You should return the items, Vox felt. And mindlessly he did, he picked the orbs up and held both in each armored hand with the goal of returning them... Though the Trandoshan didn't know where the woman went. 

Vox looked to the female Jedi beside and said, "I... Think I should return these." 

The Chieftain didn't know why, the push to return the items clung to him worse than a leech. Normally he didn't care for such things and he was not that considerate to doing such things toward stranger. But he felt the urge to help instead of minding his business. Perhaps he was growing soft these days? Being around these people, the tiredness he felt and the constant reminder that he's one of the last of his kind amongst a great deal of other things. It wore him down, and the entire time Vox had been pushing his emotions away from it all, keeping one goal in mind.

"Find a new planet from this accursed conflict, and save your people." That mission was now a stain in his mind. The only real reason he joined these strangers was for them to help him, and vice versa. Though selfish, Vox couldn't let go of his own past nor embrace it at the same time, he simply dealt with it and would decide later to fight his own demons. If he wasn't already. What would his father, Paradox XII think of him now? What if he was too late in saving his tribe and Atrinox, Vox's twin, escaped his fate? Time could only tell that truth. 

In an instant, Vox began to walk in the direction of where the woman took off in. Not sure why, he only felt the need to return the items. Something guided him, urging him forward every step of the way, unknowingly his own ficus blocking most the hearing from outside. All he heard was the blood rushing in his head, a pulsating of constant flow that seemed to fill his vacant mind. Vox was conscious, however seemed to be in a world of his own as he gripped the orbs with iron hands. Minutes passed, though it seemed like seconds to him, until approaching upon a door, and there he felt it. He felt if he went through that door more burdens would build upon his shoulders, in there, his fate would seal... Yet in there, he would be free. 

There was no generality to what, "Free," meant, only he'd be free. It could have been now, soon, later or even when he fell to an enemies edge of a blade. And there he saw it. 

Vox entered through the tent flaps of the Chieftains abode, an organization of scrolls and different trophies of hunts and fallen victims and opponents. Every achievement the Nudono Tribe's Chieftain had ever gained would be here, yet most of it were burnt away by the sick, old, and prideful Paradox XII. His father, his mentor, his friend, something his brother Atrinox never understood. That night he entered the tent alone, Vox closed the flaps and walked over to his father's form, the same one that had grown thinner and weaker each passing day, the same one that had defended and lead the Nudono tribe for so long. 

Vox knelt down on both knees, looking down at the hard and slow breathing Paradox. He had been summoned, for what purpose, he didn't know why, but perhaps his father needed to speak about the recent surge in Slavers, his recent defiance to Atrinox's command who happened to be the left hand at the time, taking control while his own father was passing. Both brothers knew Paradox wouldn't live for very long, and Atrinox couldn't bear to look at his dying father, Vox however would come to comfort him, talking and doing as he asked. Paradox XII was decaying, and Vox felt it.

"My son..." The ill Chieftain began, his grey eyes slowly shifting to his son, the leader of the War Pack, "You look weary... And you sad... Why?"

Vox swallowed hard, fighting back the emotions he'd long harbored since his father had fallen. He steadied himself and focused, he was speaking with the Chieftain, "Our efforts are being doubled. Atrinox calms and lead our people while I route our enemy and lead our forces. It has been a long eight moons, we've had little rest but successfully driven back the outsiders." 

Paradox fell silent looking up and down Vox's form slowly, almost as if thinking before changing the subject, his eyes settling on his son's, "You know... I have never given too much thought of... Of how-" Paradox coughed violently before settling again, "How much your mother would have loved you. And your brother. I know I was not the best of parents, I threw you to the War Pack and... Groomed your brother for my position. Oh, how your mother would have been proud of you..." 

Paradox fell silent again, but before Vox could utter another word, the chieftain spoke, "Vox... I've committed atrocities... Miracles... All in the name of protecting our people. I love my people, from the men to the women and children, I love my land and our gods... And I love my son's, and how you have grown into fine warriors. There is... A reason I've asked you to come here, just you..." 

By this point, Vox was about to loose the threatening tears. He couldn't hold in his grief any longer than he could look at his father. He unintentionally looked away, shamed he wasn't strong enough to hold back his tears, ashamed he was losing composure. Vox shook his head, squeezing his eyes closed until he felt a familiar yet lost hand touching his cheek. His eyes opened, tears streaming down yet Paradox's hands were to his side. The touch was... the thought filled his head immediately, the touch he was familiar with but he couldn't place who's it was.

"My son... Since you were a child I've watched you carefully. I have tried to bond with Atrinox but he... He has gone down a path you cannot follow... A path that leads to only an abyss... I've felt it through the divine. Vox, my only reason for you being here is to listen to my final and only wish... I want you... You to... Set our people free of the bonds of this tribe..." 

"Set us free... Of the bonds that binds this land... That strickens our people... That blinds your brother... Set us free..."

Vox blinked, and there he was, clad in the Pact Armor, holding the two orbs in his gloved and armored palms. He realized a tear was rolling down his left cheek, the same one that familiar touch lingered even after the various weeks he spent away. Even since that day, that touch his vacant yet still there. And Vox was reminded of why he was here, for his people, and to free them of the shackles that bound them to their world. That bound them to the fate set upon them by Atrinox and Paradox. Steadying himself, Vox wiped away the tear, and taking a deep breath he could feel the exhaustion as it caught up to his mind. 

Vox would enter through those doors, and begin the chain of events that would free him. Events that would lead him to free his people and his brother. 

Edited by Vox

The doors opened and closed behind the Trandoshan, the room itself barely dim and all he could see were a silhouette of the same female. At least, as he perceived it, she quickly spoke in a quieted tone for him to join her. In the area was various other rooms; the pair were in an observation deck of sorts clearly for viewing, separate from the training rooms ahead. He did as suggested, or rather told, and quietly made his way to the female. Unlike her, Vox still held the orbs in either hand and did not do anything to conceal himself. Originally he was wanting to return the items and leave, go to his temporary home and discard the saber-damaged armor so it can be repaired, and so he can rest. 

Vox's attention was on another individual in the center of one of the rooms, he could hardly see the person in its center, but clearly he held a weapon of sorts. A stick? No, a staff of some kind. A resting stick, as his tribes Elders called it, clearly used for older aged folk or those with bad or injured legs. His arm seemed to be restrained as well, possibly broken or simply damaged enough he couldn't use it properly. There was a feeling of respect toward the man, those mechanical contraptions surrounding him, training clearly and that's what Vox liked. No rest for the wicked, he thought. 

Then the chaos ensued when from his simple nod, automotons began to attack him. Vox was ready to see a man struggle, instead was taken aback by the sheer skill and acrobats the person presented. For someone crippled they actually managed to amaze the Chieftain, he'd seen his father, when he was but a boy Paradox would frequent in training sessions to both improve the honor guards he faced and himself. But even then, Paradox would most likely have nothing compared to the feats this man displayed. To witness such a thing must have been no coincidence, between the girl bumping into to him and the journey he's undergone. 

The training session ended when the individual struck the final droid, a matter of moments. Vox was impressed, not even the finest of warriors in the War Pack were that talented, and they were trained in various weapons and hand arts! The cane flew to the man's hand and he leapt up, catching the Trandoshan by surprise. These were odd people indeed, what abilities they had, he'd never seen anything like it. Jedi. A word and name he still needed to learn about, and not some short description. 

The man spoke and Vox merely nodded, curious as to how he could see through the blindfold on his face. Oh well, it hasn't been exactly a normal set of weeks. Vox didn't regard the woman though, clearly his attention on the man in front, he spoke in Common Trandoshan, "It is an honor, then, to meet a talented warrior as yourself, and your apprentice, Master Jedi Vos." 

Vox replied in pleasantries, and though he could understand the Common tongue, he couldn't speak it. Nudono and Trandoshan were the only two languages he spoke, and not simply because of ignorance but rather the lack of time and teachers to teach him. Vox went silent for seconds before remembering the point of his coming, "I believe your apprentice dropped these," He presented the black and rose quartz orbs, "I would think they are of value."

Vox listened intently, clearly his full attention now on the pair and not just the Master Jedi. He noticed a very obvious thing upon the man, Vos, that his eyes were wrapped in cloth. If Vox didn't know any better he would assume that the man was blind, and yet he performed beyond what the Trandoshan had ever seen. No, he couldn't be blind lest that mans senses were heightened to some extremes... These people were strange indeed. 

The Trandoshan nodded as the orbs left his palms, his hands now falling to his sides. He accepted the thanks, no words needed for it however an odd silence befell upon the trio until moments later the doors opened with a hiss. A blue skinned man walked in, surveying the area then to the three, his red eyes falling on Vos, the Master Jedi. He spoke for some meeting with other masters as well, no patakhans or whatever those were. And then Vox realized the man must have meant trainees, recruits, or apprentices. That also meant strangers like himself. 

As the older pair left, Vox watched as the doors closed again then turned to the young woman's words. Vox simply hummed in agreement, not much else to say, and clearly her excitement was what he could best remember the girl as. Excited and young. The armored Trandoshan then raised a scaly brow and replied, "What kind of spar? There are not a lot of light weapons I can use without breaking them."

Vox's warning was of his strength. He'd practice with wooden sticks when he was a child, and always going hard, he was notorious for snapping them in half. That was when his mentors gave him metal of some sorts, weak but strong enough to handle such abuse. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 9:41 AM, Tobias Vos said:

Tut and Tom chatted together, relaying the events of the past month. The pair even chuckled for a brief moment. Tobias smiled to himself, he was seated behind them and resting his right hand on his staff. The Kiffar wondered about what the circumstances were that was bringing them all together- and just the galaxy in general. Why was it always in turmoil and why were the supposed good guys always back peddling and stalling like a malfunctioning actuator? What could he do to- The thought paused before it finished. He had tried- and he had been shunned by the leadership twice. Deep down he knew he should feel frustration both at himself and the leadership, but the Jedi Order kept changing leaders left and right, and now with Adenna in the state she was currently in- that was what this meeting was going to be about. Sighing, he adjusted the cloth wrapping around his eyes. There was nothing more he wanted than to be back on the front lines and even the little sparring match he had just went through proved he could fight, even while maintaining the ruses. 

His right hand moved to scratch the stubble growing on his chin, and then he rested his head in his hand. From there, his mind wandered and questions came in and out of his mind in such a rapid pace he was caught up in the mental hurricane, he almost didn't feel when Tut tapped his knee. If half his face wasn't covered up, his eyes would have blinked rapidly and it would appear as if he dozed off , right here in the briefing room. But since he was blind at the moment, he was spared all that. Stretching his back, he leaned forward to whisper with Tut and Tom- and about old plots and schemes. It seems they were feeling rambunctious as well- and with Tut still injured...

~~~

Pim winced with the Trandosian words. She realized that her master was helping her pull the essence of the words from Vox's mind, despite being in another language. She played over what he said in his mind and the attitude behind the words. Face value, she understood. He was an experienced warrior it seemed and would probably obliterate her in any sparing match. 

"Perhaps not physical combat... you would out class me in a heartbeat." She explained, hesitantly. Then her eyes brightened as sudden realization came over her. Then with an excited tone- "Do you want to learn how to do this?" Her Zabrak smile spread across her face as she held up her hand and the spheres swirled around her hand. With her other hand, she held out a black rubber sphere. "If you want..." she added, as her confidence faltered for a moment. 

The Trandoshan listened, and that was when the woman, "Pim," confirmed that he would outclass her easily. He was disappointed but didn't show as that would simply be too disrespectful. He could leave now, however something told him to stay and see what else there was. Then the Zabrak female openly stated something else, allowing the orbs to hover. That was something that caught Vox's attention, whatever sorcery it was, he felt attracted to it, almost like a beckoning call. 

"Very well then," Vox replied, nodding more confidently than he actually felt, "I will learn this... Way."

"That's it?" Vox asked out loud, a bit incredulous about the explanation. He had faith in Divine, his medications and visions guided him here... To something not combat related. To something even otherworldly to the off-world Trandoshan. He sighed and did as told. 

The Chieftain relaxed, doing the exact same thing in meditation. Relax, push all dark and negative thought away. Let Divines touch flow through you, and allow it to grasp body, mind, and soul. The Trandoshan eased himself and closed his eyes, slowed his breathing and focused, letting go the tension he had felt and currently feels. He could feel everything flow away, and another feeling, a great calmness snake in. 

After a minute of this, Vox's focus became more refined as he tried to ''feel' around him. Almost like an answer, Vox could... Sense something. An outline in the dark, a presence he'd never felt before. Excitable. It was the girl. Vic could somehow... Feel? Sense? Whatever it was, it was like he could see her emotion. And it was almost like an outline of color indeed. Vox then said quietly, keeping the focus and eyes closed, "You have a lot of energy..."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C_fG0R7W96CyaxbLRnNqGOS-eLBYukqB2Ydng_3W1ko/edit?usp=drivesdk

From his standpoint Vox began to understand more about this power. He didn't know whether he could access it again as Pim explained to him what an ability through this Force could be. Anc if he could detect life that would mean he could sense the presence of Vos approaching. And whoever else happened to accompany him. 

As Pim walked away to the glass, Vox hadn't seen any doors open just yet. He was curious as to who else was coming along. He quickly collected his thoughts and watched as one of the doors suddenly opened. Walking in were three individuals, Vos himself, a woman and... a beast? Though the creature was garbed, Vox was surprised that other creatures like himself, and the Nudono War Pack, existed here. Vox watched intently, everything blurred out as his focus became the room before the pair. 

Edited by Vox

• 4 weeks later...

Witnessing the three Jedi Masters allowed Vox to see just what kind of skillset they had. To say he wasn't in awe would be a fools choice of words, and to say he wasn't impressed to a great degree was his own foolishness. The truth of it was Vox had seen even his own perform unique and dexterous maneuvers that would put a swordsman to shame, but this trio... They were beyond that level. There was nothing, not even the Nudono Chieftains of pasts, that could compare to these masters. 

Albeit Vox didn't have the awestruck expression more so a focused one, he was wordless of this sparring session. However it ended, the chieftain sighing finally when they disengaged and one stood, "Victor," over the other pair. He was disappointed that the fight didn't last long but was relieved to have witnessed such intricate styles of fighting. He also noticed how the sword-play changed from offensive forms to defensive, being a swordsman himself, Vox noticed that small tidbit. It was nice knowing the Trandoshan was not dealing with simple experts not amateurs, he was dealing with masters of their arts. 

"That was... Something." Vox finally replied to the woman, unsure with how to describe such art. And to him in finalized words, that's what he witnessed, art. 

• 2 weeks later...

Vox walked along with Pim, taking the hand gestures a moment ago as a sign to leave. It must have been that important for Vos and the older woman to speak alone. Perhaps she was his master? Or maybe an employer or fellow comrade? Despite that, Vox's attention turned to Pim who asked him the million coin-question. Nevermind his stomach was punching at him which he subconsciously ignored. 

Juggling between what answer to give, the Chieftain finally responded with a more appropriate answer that he'd give any stranger, "Your Empire found us. We were stranded, and we made a deal. Though my people are not bound to them, we are to help with your war efforts until I have found a suitable home for my tribe."

Going into detail would boil his blood so Vox didn't bother going into it. With the tone of his voice it was clear that what he said at its end was all he was going to tell. He could talk about his tribe all day, but not the events that unfolded these past few moons... No, that was devolve into silence on his end, and he'd rather be on good if not decent terms with these people. But there were no telling how curious the girl was, in truth Vox was almost hoping she'd ask the right questions. 

With a sigh, he continued, "I am the Chieftain of the Nudono Tribe, warriors who fight for heart and home. Though home is but a distant memory, one day, I will return to liberate my people and take them elsewhere. That Empire, the one who helped us, is supposed to be helping us find a new plain to settle, however no one has returned to us with anything. So, I am hoping my more... Technological warrior can find something. For now, we rest for the next mission. Already we have been involved in three back to back, the first was liberating someplace called Hannah, the next, my crew of four stole two ships from the Black Cloak- or the Sith as you call them. However the last we boarded a vessel, I lost my blade." 

Vox went into slight detail, and the fact he could later go on to take his people's weapon made his spine shiver. Not in fear or regret, but in excitement. It truly was excitable to match against another of those Sith, no matter how outmatched he was, Vox; like the rest of his people were bred for war. 

The two walked into a mess room, cafeteria, or as Vox called it a dining hall. There were others around, Imperials, Rebels, and the riffraff however his senses went wild as soon as he smelled the first signs of food. He hasn't really are at all, not in the many hours he's deployed his unit in the insanity of a war Vox and his people truly had no business being in. Even then, it could have spread to the tribe if past events hadn't transpired. Maybe. 

It was the moment Vox almost lunged at the assortment of food before them, different delicacies... If this was considered such, provided. The Chieftain held himself back but couldn't help ignore the woman's playful dig. More or less, he was focused on one thing. Vox selected... More than his tray could handle, more than two trays, and after a good minute of selecting a large portion of just about everything, he walked over to where Pim was seating herself. 

The Chieftain was like a child in a candy shop, he was excited that he finally got to eat. Setting the three massive trays down in front of him, Vox didn't notice the curious glances toward him. An armored reptilian hulk about to inhale what was before him, and he could care less. With a fork, Vox began to eat however slowed himself down, being reminded he's in a public place and not a private den. He still ate what was considered fast yet he made sure to savour the odd tastes. 

Vox listened intently, nodding and grunting in agreement when he could. After Pim asked her questions Vox finished his first tray already, using a folded cloth to wipe his mouth. There was a trio of Imperials who watched the Trandoshan finish the tray rather rapidly with puzzled gazes. Vox cleared his throat and replied, "I suppose I will train, it would certainly give my pack the rest they deserve. However if I am to be utilized for a mission then so be it. I'm positive I can balance between being this padawan and holding the responsibility of leader. However I cannot abandon my people, nor my goals, if I am only to do one or the other. If you had that choice between learning this Force and the survival of your people, which would you choose?" 

It was clear, if Pim reached out to his emotions, that Vox was passionate of his own tribe. He didn't come all this way to choose between one or the other. And though the Trandoshans as a whole 

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, Vox said:

The two walked into a mess room, cafeteria, or as Vox called it a dining hall. There were others around, Imperials, Rebels, and the riffraff however his senses went wild as soon as he smelled the first signs of food. He hasn't really are at all, not in the many hours he's deployed his unit in the insanity of a war Vox and his people truly had no business being in. Even then, it could have spread to the tribe if past events hadn't transpired. Maybe. 

It was the moment Vox almost lunged at the assortment of food before them, different delicacies... If this was considered such, provided. The Chieftain held himself back but couldn't help ignore the woman's playful dig. More or less, he was focused on one thing. Vox selected... More than his tray could handle, more than two trays, and after a good minute of selecting a large portion of just about everything, he walked over to where Pim was seating herself. 

The Chieftain was like a child in a candy shop, he was excited that he finally got to eat. Setting the three massive trays down in front of him, Vox didn't notice the curious glances toward him. An armored reptilian hulk about to inhale what was before him, and he could care less. With a fork, Vox began to eat however slowed himself down, being reminded he's in a public place and not a private den. He still ate what was considered fast yet he made sure to savour the odd tastes. 

Vox listened intently, nodding and grunting in agreement when he could. After Pim asked her questions Vox finished his first tray already, using a folded cloth to wipe his mouth. There was a trio of Imperials who watched the Trandoshan finish the tray rather rapidly with puzzled gazes. Vox cleared his throat and replied, "I suppose I will train, it would certainly give my pack the rest they deserve. However if I am to be utilized for a mission then so be it. I'm positive I can balance between being this padawan and holding the responsibility of leader. However I cannot abandon my people, nor my goals, if I am only to do one or the other. If you had that choice between learning this Force and the survival of your people, which would you choose?" 

It was clear, if Pim reached out to his emotions, that Vox was passionate of his own tribe. He didn't come all this way to choose between one or the other. And though the Trandoshans as a whole 

Already on his second tray, and already halfway through, Vox still didn't notice the three Imperials staring at him. Two of them already began to bet on how much he could eat, they completely forgotten their own meals. Two more joined them watching as the Trandoshan was easily putting down the mass. After a minute Vox again used the same cloth to wipe his mouth again. He caught himself from belching and held it down, not wanting to be rude in front of a host and possible fellow soldier. 

Moving into the third tray, Vox openly stated to Zabrak, "It is all in the kind of course. Our thoughts, dears, strengths and goals, our weaknesses. In truth, I do not just seek strength for my people but the will to change us, the true goal is to revitalize my kind into the once powerful people we once were. But not ravenous. Not voracious, war hungry beasts like the Trandoshans you know. No, I myself look for..." 

Vox stopped what he was about to say, his eyes dropping to a steak he'd just stabbed through with a fork. From home to here, Vox had been fighting nonstop for the past few days, from taking capitols to highjacking ships, finally his own men found refuge and rest but what of him? There was no rest, no chance to truly sleep, he hasn't even removed his armor once. Yet, he was missing something ever since he had a taste of the Force, Vox slowly felt a degradation. 

The chieftain had been so focused on his people and their survival, he never thought to actually sit back and think. It has been quite an experience, this new horizon, entering an ongoing war between people's. He looked back up to Pim, and an end result in mind with a finalized word for his runoff sentence. He said, "Peace. I wish to know something like that one more. But not just for me. For my tribe, my brothers and warriors, to my people trapped back home. That is what I want to know, that is what I want to feel. I'm willing to fight for that, I wish to know the Force, but as I said, my people must come first. If I have to choose which, then I cannot come along with you. If learning the Force would aid me in my mission for peace and my tribes survival and prosperity, then I'm willing to learn so."

2 hours ago, Alcmène said:

A sword in the darkness. Bright like a candle. Burning, ever burning. We will stand beside thee, until the galaxy falls and all is ruin. But the force is with us,  Through it all, unto the ages of ages...

The crimson tunic hugged her skin closely, from the sweat of her run, its hem heavily embroidered with the livery of the royal house of Moriès-Outremer. A roaring lion of gold upon a cross of white lilies. Repeating in miniature, ad nauseum. Its larger print in gold stitching above her left breast. Alcmène continued her run through the vast hallways of the Jedi and Imperial Knight complex, sweat dripping from her chin to soak the embroidered hem of her tunic.   

The young woman was now quite regretting her decision not to eat breakfast, silently relying on the force to keep her breathing steady enough to not collapse. So she turned the run towards the dining commons. Unslinging the heavy durasteel allied shield rig from her back and propping it against the wall as she entered. Letting her jogging footsteps fall into a slow pace. 

She pulled a tray beside the trandoshan, and gave him a nod. She interjected into his conversation with little care. 

“Well if you are looking for training, then you can find nothing better than one of us Sentinels, would you be willing to learn?”

It was the next progression on her path anyway. Why not choose a capable alien to train? 

Just as Vox was about to dive into his third tray another woman sat next to him. She nodded and spoke to the Trandoshan, out of the blue about training. It meant that either she listened to what he actually said or she just heard the training portion. Either or, he wasn't going to repeat himself. Vox swiftly finished up three different food items before finally speaking. 

"The Sentinels? If they are these Jeedi... Jedi, then I am willing. Who are you?" 

Vox's demeanor changed to a curious one instead of the intensity he began to feel. This woman has the courage to actually approach Vox, which he respected, he'd noticed a few glances from passerbys who either immediately looked away or avoided him entirely. His brawn was different than most other Trandoshan others were used to, clad in a behemoth of an armor made him appear larger as well. But Vox knew well there were those who weren't afraid of striking up conversation, and those who were willing to approach him so casually were often treated with the same tone they provided. 

Finishing up his food swiftly, finalizing a bet between the five Imperials watching , Vox stood and gave Pim a nod, "I suppose I can take a look to it then." 

Vox would then dispose of the trays where everyone else did and would take the similar path the woman did. However due to the little knowledge he had of the entire facility, Vox began to focus once again, nevermind he was standing in the middle of the hallway. Just like how he found Pim and that Vos, he would attempt his hand at this Force. No words, no feeling, reach out. Those were the thoughts he repeated until finally he calmed down and removed any tension, any negative thought or chatter in the scowl. 

After a moment, Vox began to feel something, a pull, soft and familiar. Nothing but the ripples of motion he now felt from moving. The Chieftain, transfixed on this new feeling, began to follow his instinct like he did when he found Vos. Again he followed the same pulling like before and went down the flights of halls. When things got really confusing were the elevators however he obliged to taking stairs instead, until finding himself on a, "Lower level." 

There, Vox continued to walk about however found his instinct and focus waning, taking in the newer surroundings. By now one would assume that the Trandoshan was finished at being amazed by wonders, however he assumed that traveling down here would be stone and clay, if not elegant building material. How much metal went into these structures?

The illusion was an... Odd experience, what is and was reality seemed to play about the Trandoshans mind as the woman from before stepped forth. The flickering lights and the glimmering ashes falling, she only had a smile as she stated to practically catch her... With his mind? Vox had half the mind to call the woman a fool however he caught himself, realizing that it must have been one of those Force tricks he picked up on. If this was what it could do, and allow him to do, Vox would oblige. 

Hesitant at first, Vox left himself feeling no choice but to do as told. He slowed his breath, allowing his shoulders to free themselves of any tension, Vox silently focused himself. Centering his concentration, he instead allowed everything to play in his mind instead of simply trying to ignore such things. One by one, he plucked away each distraction, each sound and light until he could easily filter out the nonsense from the main objective. He could begin to feel something wrap around him, nothing visible or even physical, but a slow moving flow of energy. Was this that Force these wizards spoke of? 

And in an instant, things progressed from one by one to a few at a time, quickly blocking out these distractions but not fast enough to overlap and miss any. Vox felt the nonsense filter to nothing, at least in his mind, and slowly tracked something else. A single source of life he could finally "see." Vox reached out with his thoughts, using this newfound energy to his call, and... Thought. Simply thought

"I found you." Was all the Trandoshan could manage, meaning to make it longer than three words however settled on that, no need for unecessary chatter. 

The female before the Chieftain bowed in mockery before him, in others words letting him know he figured out this trick. To him it was a feat that could prove useful for illusions, though this might be considered as tame compared to further instances to take place later. The Force was a mysterious thing, and in truth Vox had a ginger to learn more however nothing malevolent nor to grasp power. Vox would then catch the gliding weapon, a silver thing, basic in design really that had a slimmer midsection. 

Vox's hand seemed larger however upon further inspection the weapon was larger than normal, being perfect for both hands. Did they just have any size of these energy swords? Vox held it comfortably in his scaly palm until finally clicking the button on its side, the top erupting smoothly into a glowing yellow. The Trandoshan was easily in awe, such a beautiful weapon, a tool that he could gaze upon for such awhile. Despite this revelation, the question the woman asked must be answered. 

"No... No," Vox shook his head while still gazing at the energy beam, "Power is something natural, but... To be consumed by it, to strive for power and to live by it is a fool's gambit. That is something my brother never understood, power alone is nothing but a hungry vessel that depletes and expunges any sense of true self. I feel I need to learn more of your Jedi, but nothing... No, nothing that would lead to self destruction." With that said, the sabre was turned off and still held in the Trandoshans palm. It was true, power came naturally but again, to Vox, to bathe in that power and writhe in its pleasure is what only a fool could do. It was something he witnessed before. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Alcmène said:

“Good, I am glad you know the lesson of power. At least intellectually.” 

She let the metallic strap and durasteel emitters on her left arm phase into a shimmering crimson shield. And the gold of her saber matched the Trandoshans. 

“So tell me, what fighting styles do you know from your times among the tribes?” She held up the shield. “Attempt to attack me, so that I may judge your ability.”

Vox nodded and swung once- a mid swinging motion held back, he didn't want to hurt the woman but didn't want to be sluggish either. Then a moment later he swing again following up from his prior attack, then again but at a faster pace. Vox memorized his sword spear and though this weapon had little to not weight on it he utilized that to the best of his ability. The saber however threw him off, and it was evident he tried to grasp such a light weapon. 

The Trandoshan Chieftain however began to slowly adapt to, knowing this would likely replace his once-most used heavier pole arm. Instead of continuously using one hand he grasped the weapon mid-swing with another hand, wanting better control of the light sword instead of acting like it had weight. His attacks were better controlled this way both in attack and in returns, however still unrefined. At least Vox was able to grasp it better somewhat. 

Vox then stated, "Thus weapon isn't light at all, it has no weight. Abd this is what you Jedi and Sith mainly use?"

On 2/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, Alcmène said:

Vox listened intently and realized how the blades pulled to each other. Once they interlocked he didn't quite understand as to why this locking would kill any Jedi or Sith until he realized there could be other advantages... But perhaps far more disadvantages. He regarded the woman's words and continued. When the woman told Vox to close his eyes and focused. Every little detail was pushed out, no cluttered thoughts, he focused more into a deeper state just as before and allowed the Force to take him. 

When Alcemene's attack came Vox swiftly brought up his blade with both hands in opposition, both weapons bouncing from each other. And as she said, this experience was indeed weird however familiar. It was like when he was being led from place to place, every decision based on the Divine which was now the Force; at least that's what it seems to be. 

Vox closed his eyes as told and began his focus. Though he was a warrior, it was proven back on that ship when fighting that Sith he didn't know everything, and this was an extension of it. Immediately he let go of all thought and emotion, and then focused on his surroundings. He pictured lights, dim yet vibrant like Neon, he could "see" them quite clearly. With a breath, Vox began to focus on one particular light, something moving like a wave. Oddly he could see the ripples from this one whereas others remained still, and though it moved he didn't. The background and details of the room around then only appeared as a deep blue outline which allowed him to focus more on whatever were "lit up" as these lights. 

No, it didn't feel right to move on instinct rather he would wait. And then the motions came, almost like the wind Vox felt something wrap around him, calm and ever caressing yet swift and purposely. He didn't feel to move of his own volition, instead opting to allow this Force to guide his motions. For Vox it was more a guide, neither controlling or demanding but rather motioning him to move. And he did, at the last possible second Vox swiftly shifted and swung his blade from the side knocking the opposing weapon from his chest. Though they may have been going fast, to him everything seemed slow in time. It was here the Chieftain could finally see the colorful outline of the Jedi, and when she went for a leg kick Vox instead slightly bent his leg and stiffened it, disallowing the hit to move him even. Very simple and most people would have avoided the blow. 

This feeling was almost what he felt back on that ship. Had Vox known of the Force things would have been much different than now. However that was then and this was now, and his focus was without any wavering. Just like when he was trained back on his home world, he flower easily and without struggle. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Chieftain deactivated the lightsaber upon Alcménes' relaxed posture. Once he felt no danger a moment later he opened his eyes with ferocity in them, however all was calm and contained as he knew thr arms test was over. Regardless, combat, let alone training always pumped his blood and caused the hulk to revert to a serious and professional state. As any Chieftain should, if not calmness and soothing words that spoke of wisdom. For as young as Vox was he already proved himself one worthy of the Nudonos' title even though he didn't feel it. 

Sighing, Vox merely nodded, having the Force cut by his own volition, simply held onto his lightsaber in his right hand. He then jogged just behind the woman clearly an easy task. Voxs' mind wondered off, thinking about what exactly would be in the marketplace or more so what it looked like. Then his thoughts cut to the loyal soldiers he still had, from his advisor and brother Equinox to his other brother and right hand Chaox, their shadow and marksman Krexus to the small but intelligent technophile Romulus, and then the titan shield brother Rylast then the young and spunky Varsus. All of them had fought with sheer will and without much complaint, and then it struck Vox, he could most likely grab supplies for them, luxury items or whatever they would like... Or what he thought they would like. 

Arriving to the marketplace, Vox only saw a sprawling place of business with crowds of people. It was something he'd expect but on this larger scale was quite amazed. Just how big was this city? He then gazed at the white armored trooper making their way to the couple, who removed their helm to reveal a blonde headed man. After a short report, Alcméne then questioned the Trandoshan on the topic of catching thieves. Or a thief. 

"Very well... I don't see the problem with this task." Vox agreed, uncertain as to how to go about this. Would he be using the Force again? If this was the case, then this year could be difficult or maybe easy, given how easily he handled utilizing it before.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, Alcmène said:

The Jedi Knight smiled slyly and nodded to the stormtrooper before placing her hand onto the trandoshans upper shoulder. It was a massive bunch of muscles, and she would be surprised if he couldn’t just crush a person's skull with a bare hand. He would need to learn how to apply that power in the right ways, in the Jedi way, she thought. But that could wait, for now they had a mission. She smoothed the front of her crimson tunic then pulled Vox and the stormtrooper into a small opening between two of the shops. 

‘This is where the last petty theft occurred right officer?” 

The stormtrooper nodded and was about to speak but cut off as Alcmène lifted her hand in front of them. She breathed out slowly and her eyelids fell closed. The air in front of her hand began to shimmer, then vibrate for a moment, then darkened. And to the rest of the market, it would appear that the trio had simply vanished as she reflected the light around them. And it was not a minute later that three young men made their first snatch and grab. Pushing a young woman down, grabbing her purse then sprinting away. The Jedi knight let her illusion drop and spared a glance to Vox.

“After them!”

Following the pair, Vox looked around at the sheer size of the place. Firstly, it was certainly larger now that they moved further through the people. And secondly he couldn't imagine how many thieves were amongst this riffraff. He felt a hand placed on the tough fabric of his shoulder between the cracked armored plates, and although the body glove was thick it could barely contain the muscle the individual possessed. Easily Vox could ravage various people, though this wasn't his thought, it was a good thing that he didn't fall into the hands of the Sith. Gods only know what he and his War Pack would become. 

Vox was then allowed to be pulled between an empty space between the two shops, and then he felt it. A sudden rush of energy surrounding the soldier and the woman Jedi, being pulled toward her as in a sudden instant there was darkness before the three. Vox, already focusing to the best of his ability, remained calm and patient for the near minute and began to reach out on his own. And in the moment when Alcmène routed the prey, he immediately locked onto the life energies of three young scoundrels that were pointed out. Though this was new to him the Chieftain was finding this Force power very useful, and he kept his focus on them. 

Already the armored Trandoshan rushed forward, the three individuals painted as a simple blue hue of body while everyone else around him were merely shadows. He could still see the fine detail, the regular color and clothes and items of the world and people however he saw what was between real and ethereal colors. Running with taste, Vox carefully maneuvered around people and kept his Saber in a small pocket of his armor. It didn't matter if he maneuvered, because people who saw the behemoth moved quickly out of the way and he was stating aloud, "Excuse me," and, "I need passage!" And whatever else, however no one would be able to understand the Nudono language. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 6:30 PM, Alcmène said:

The pursuit was lively and for the moment Alcmène was glad that she had gone on the earlier jog, her legs at least thanked her for it as the muscles were ready for the run. Most Jedi would have relied on the force to catch up with the thieves, but the Tapani  Jedi Knight despised such reckless use of the force. It was a mockery of the power that they had been given to use it for such fruitless pursuits. Willful use of the force for mundane and normal tasks like a run was an open channel to the darkside. For that was the path of least resistance. 

The militia storm trooper ran alongside the Jedi and her Apprentice, the blaster carbine still not at the full ready, as they thundered after the thieves. But they were gaining on them and fast. The oldest of the fugitive youths glanced behind him then shouted something to the other two. And in an instant the situation changed. 

He pulled a blaster pistol from his belt and pointed it at the two Jedi. The other two pulled similar weapons and the youngest of the criminals grabbed a hostage. 

The stormtrooper fell to a knee, and with an even pull placed a glowing crimson bolt into the abdomen of the oldest fugitive. Crumpling him into a rapidly spreading pool of blood, as the screaming from the hostage began. It was time for the Jedi to Act.

Vox was gaining quickly with the militia trooper and the woman right behind him, it seemed they would catch the thugs. But indeed things had to be interesting, and the stakes grew much, much higher in an instant. Blasters were pulled, a crimson bolt shot past Vox and hit one of the three thugs in the gut forcing the man to drop down. He didn't draw his weapon, his focus of the Force still held however wavered when the tension rose. 

The eldest of the trio was down however it left the two younger ones with guns as well, one of which held a hostage. Vox didn't draw any weapon though, not even the energy swords given from Alcmène. Instead he remained calm and focus, relying on not a gut feeling but almost instinct, but not quite that. It felt like guidance than instruction and immediately his focus was on the blaster of the hostage. 

The Trandoshans eyes feel to the hostage and their captor, a young man indeed, possibly just reached adulthood. It was sad that anyone could turn to petty thievery and now they would resort to such things as this? Vox focused on the blaster and put all his energy into it, however at the same time he put his hands out in front, showing the thugs he wasn't of any threat... That they could perceive, then again, there was a large armored lizard in front of them. 

"Ease yourselves," Vox stated calmly using the Common Trandoshan language, "There is need for struggle, and no one else has to get hurt." 

Taking advantage of this time, Vox carefully put his energy into the Blaster. His sight was still active, the hostage were painted green while the thugs were red, the blaster was nearly perfectly outlined as orange. Be used the Force to carefully weave into the weapon, each crevice slowly filling with an invisible glimmering mist that these men couldn't feel nor see. Vox needed time, just a moment or so to eradicate the weapon do the hostage wasn't shot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, Alcmène said:

Alcmène let her eyelids flutter half closed, letting the force flow through her, letting it fill every part of her until she reached out and let the power flow from her into the trandoshan. She had every confidence in him. And when he flipped the gun from pointing at the hostage and towards Vox himself, she whispered. 

“Now act.”

Without hesitation, Vox used the strings he weaved and expanded the innards weapon and just before it fired it blew apart in a mess of smoke and a quick flash of green, however quickly keeping it contained to just the arm of the thug to prevent the hostage from harm. Much akin to a surgery, the best way to injure a hurt warrior is to rip out their stitching and every piece that made up the mended flesh cane apart in a violence of skin and blood. This was very similar, except it was a combination of punishment, action, and stupidity on the thugs part. 

This action taken place left Vox drained of energy, he felt as if he'd climbed the steeps of Kholech once again when he was training as a warrior. He felt the Force leave and stumbled back for just a split second before regaining his composure and rushing forward. Despite his size Vox was faster than what someone would consider a lumbering giant moved. Within an instant Vox had pushed the hostage aside and grappled the first thug, putting him in a hold where his arm were twisted behind the back and an armored arm around his throat in a choke hold. 

Vox then turnt to the second thug and pushed upward on the first's arm, threatening to snap it with ease. Vox evenly, vocally and calmly said to the second thug, "Drop your weapon, and your punishment would be less severe. No one else needs to get hurt." 

Whether or not the law would hold the man to a lower standard for not taking a hostage Vox didn't know. He most likely lied, bit given the situation, it would be foolish for the second thug to even fire. He was surrounded, nowhere to go and Force Users already capable of dismantling their weapons. Despite all that, a giant armored and scaly tank capable of moving quite freely regardless of the heavy plating  telling a puny street crawler to surrender was wisdom that should be followed. Vox was not above killing it he had to, but overall wished to avoid it. 

19 hours ago, Alcmène said:

“Very Well done!” 

The young jedi knight let the surprise and joy in her voice wash over the trandoshan as the young man dropped his weapon with very little resistance. He was terribly frightened, and the large brute needed to do very little to frighten him enough to drop the weapon he had never really intended on using anyway. 

“Bloody shit tonnes of flimsi-work though.” Muttered the colonial militia storm trooper who was prodding the one blasted thug with the toe of a white boot. “Spasted fool. I’ll take custody from here. I’ll just need Ms Alcmène’s testimony then you both can get on your way.” They could hear the grin under the helmet. “THanks for the catch. Taking a bad team off the streets is always a win in my book.”

Alcmène grinned back and then when the suspect was cuffed she gave Vox a sideways look. “Do you think you are ready to come on a mission with me? Or do you want to give it more training time?”

As soon as an Imperial troop came over to handle the scene Vox let the poor individual go. The Trandoshan moved out of the way as the militia troop went on to take care of the situation and have Alcmène speak about the situation. In the meantime Vox couldn't help but feel oddly toward his ability, more specifically what he just did. His thoughts were to disarm the troublemaker and he received something akin to a guide; information that weren't his, and made him question reality just a little. Doubt was something of a burden, though that's not what he felt at all, instead it was a mixture of confusion and relief to the situation... And hunger. Literal hunger, as of he hasn't ate in a good while. 

Vox looked to Alcmène as she approached, and though his powers does with that last move his mind and eyes played tricks of colors. Was this the effects of the Force, and how long do they last? He clearly wasn't used to this kind of sensation, and would certainly need more work. The damning question came, “Do you think you are ready to come on a mission with me? Or do you want to give it more training time?”

The Chieftain stopped all thoughts for a moment just for that question. Training would be good, certainly, however he has a job to his people and to help this Alliance in hopes to find a home for his tribe. Preferably, easy for the Alliance to find but far from the reaches of the war, at least long enough to get settled and set up their own military strength and numbers. Vox then spoke immediately as he finally made up his mind, "I believe I am ready for a mission. Any chances of utilizing this... Force, would be best practiced when possible for the mission. However before we go I must get my followers something to eat, if you are willing to help with that? It won't take but a few minutes."

Without missing a beat, Vox nodded as he caught the odd small chip. He looked it over once catching the fine detail and unique color briefly but didn't care much for it. The metallic sliver would be put to use and the lizard assumed it was currently... Of some sort. He'd need to learn of these people and their ways of life, as for the Nudono Tribe their currency were pelts and metals and livestock trade. Their lives were simple and perhaps not even as complex as these outsiders with their lights and technologies. It would take time for the Chieftain to learn their ways. 

Vox's first stop were a stand that sold a variety of meat and cooked goods. He spent whatever he could with that chip on plenty of raw food, including spices and sauces and recipe booklets that supposedly came with them. Whoever the vendor was they seemed in a state of bliss and surprise when Vox bought so much however to the Trandoshan he had six mouths to feed not including himself. He went from vendor to vendor, booth to shop instead of visiting the high end places buying a variety of relatively cheap items until he used up the entirety of the credit chip. By now, his arms were full to the brim, shoulders covered in packages meats and bags hanging from his arms and whatever else being carried in a cradle position. 

As Vox finished his splurge of fifteen minutes, he turned and begun walking back the way he originally came from... Then turned back to Alcmène, "I do not know my way from here. We live near a starport of sorts, a refugee camp with containers used as buildings. Can you guide me there?"

Voxs' attempt to use the Force were in vain, he tried twice using the same method yet each time met with nothing though he could barely feel the power of Alcmène... Doing something. It was apparent that whatever Alcmène was doing she immediately acted on it, hesitantly at first, but there was the confirmation of it. At least, he thought. The pair traveled through the cramped city streets of the great city, Vox followed closely to Alcmène as she clearly knew the way. 

Though the city was great with it's lights and glamour and such, Vox already grew tired of the massive place. It would have been nice to go roam a plains or a jungle, perhaps even hunt animals with his tribe once more. That dream would be one reality again, one day he and the other warriors would revel in the hunt and spend a good portion of time in the woods again. To feel the rugged tug of branches and plants, having the call of the wind beckon the hunters further, the soft to rough dirt and moss beneath his scaly feet and of course the rush of the chase. And now more than ever he missed that, all because a dispute between him and his brother Atrinox which gree worse. 

Shaking away the memories, Vox snapped back to reality and had focused on what Alcmène had just said. A second later the words came back in his head and in realizing it, they were at the recreational area for refugees and the like. He looked at the widely spaced doors and remembered that it was the horribly scratched one. Nudging his head, Vox pointed out the scratched up metal door, "That one there. Do not make sudden moves when you enter, my men would be inclined to shoot you."

Edited by Vox

As the pair moved in, the other Trandoshans noticed just the severe amount of groceries and miscellaneous objects in the way of a familiar face, and behind it a woman smaller than it walked in. Varsus was the first to notice, sitting on a soft sofa with an arm in a sling, he had been looking at a data-pad he didn't have before. One he shouldn't have at all. He was the first to raise a Mauler up, the design of the weapon appearing alien yet barbaric due to its primitive design and the blade attached to it. 

Krexis, an oddly snow white Trandoshan who was sitting with Rylast, easily the largest Trandoshan in life; were sitting at a separate long and steel table. It was clear they had the various weapons apart including two Maulers, the weapon clips taking rounds instead of being loaded with gas like modern day weapons. There were a few spike rounds yet to expand that were being loaded into cartridges and magazine clips, three Puncture Rifles cleaned to near perfection and several linked-grenades carefully place beside them. As soon as Rylast seen Varsus go for his weapon, he immediately brought up a Spiker and Krexis right after aimed another at the pair going beyond the door. 

Chaox and Equinox could be heard arguing with Romulus in the back, bits and pieces of, "Equipment," and, "Base," and similar things brought up. The three soldiers in the room were about to fire but upon hearing the weapons cocked Vox states aloud, "Easy!! It's me!" 

Krexis, upon hearing Vox's voice lowers his weapon immediately and simply replies quietly, "Oh, it's just Vox." 

Rylast says nothing and lowers his weapon, standing up and even from the several foot distance it was clear he was a behemoth compared to the Nudono Chieftain. He went on to help unload the armored Vox of his hefty bounty, food and spices, odds and ends the company may find use for. Varsus lowered his Mauler and stands, only to find himself stumble and limp on his left leg. In the past few days the youngest of the bunch was clearly in bad condition and it finally brought Vox's attention to the injured soldier. 

"I see you have been out looking to mate, you old hound you!" Varsus said with a sly grin, wincing a little as he tried to step forward. 

Vox set the rest of the items down and went over to the young soldier, placed an armored glove on his unhurt shoulder and gently pushed him down back to the sofa. The smelled of gunpowder, metal, and oddly enough a mixture of rainfall and wildflowers. The Chieftain have a concerned glance as he looked over Varsus for a moment. The soldier was far more wounded than he remembered, the charred scales already shedding off as new ones grew however it didn't take away from the sling arm and the knee brace. Did the liberation for Chandrila really hurt him that badly? 

"You look worse." Vox states as he finally slaps Varsus upside the head for the previous comment. 

"It's nothing!" Varsus shot back, clearly trying to not bring attention to his wounds. 

Krexis mutters just loud enough, "Broken leg, broken forearm, and half your body cooked. Yes, that is nothing." 

"You're resting until we can come up with a better solution for your healing, however you're staying until you are completely healed." Vox said in an authoritative tone. It was clear he was serious and was not to be questioned, causing Varsus to mutter 'Yes sir' whilst looking away. The last thing Vox needed was for his youngest troop to die or be further injured. 

"Sorry for that," The Chieftain said turning to Alcmène, "We're not too trusting of-" 

"You can't keep stealing things! It's bad enough we're down a warrior, we don't need  our brains and engineer imprisoned or worse!" Shouted an angry Trandoshan. 

"I told you already, those damned Imperials refused to give us material to repair the armor! I'm doing what I must to upkeep both that and our weapons, these plastic suits they wear into battle won't cut it, Equinox!" Countered another angry lizard. 

"We can find a different way, and Romulus is right, these materials they are giving us aren't adequate. One of our chest plates can easily handle a blaster bolt but the things those fools wear can't even handle one of our punches," States am otherwise third calm tone, "On the other hand, Romulus, I understand our situation which is why I said to wait for Vox. If you would quit being so impatient we wouldn't be having this talk!" 

With a heavy sigh, Vox slumped his armored shoulders and said to Alcmène,"Come along then, I'd rather have you in there than here."

With a turn Vox walked down a long corridor leading into an open room where one armored Trandoshan similar to the Chieftain were sitting at a dining table, and a Trandoshan in a lightly armored gray jumpsuit was standing leaning against a chair. Another in pure black with orange detailed armor leaned against the wall, easily the calmest of the triad. The sitting Trandoshan shook his head and continued to say, "Don't try and defend him Chaox, he disobeyed orders, and now we have Imperial Troops looking for a missing technology and solid metal plating. To add, he hacked into a terminal! How much trouble can that get us into?" 

"Wait till Vox gets here, we-" Chaox was abruptly cut off by his older brother. 

"-Can wait to sort this out with him here?" Vox finished crossing his arms, leaking against the doorway, "And pray tell, what exactly are we going to sort out?" 

The three were silent for a moment before Chaox finally replied, "Well, your most trusted technophile decided to steal a few things from some Imperial Officers." 

Romulus turned to Vox and quickly gives an explanation, "Look, they don't have a very good view of us for some reason and we're treating us like we weren't to be trusted. So... I... Ehmm... Borrowed-" 

"-Stole." Chaox quickly interrupts with a smirk.

"Borrowed a few things! They wouldn't help us, even when I told them we helped liberate that capitol of Chandrila and you guys hijacked two star destroyers from that station, one of them goes, "Anyone could have done that," Like they didn't believe us! I couldn't find you, so I did what I had to!"

Romulus seemed both angered and bothers by the situation as a whole, and with his power coming back very slowly, Vox could feel the fear the smaller Trandoshan had. All he wanted to do was serve his tribe on the nest way, and he broke a few rules because of a few asses. He had known the smartest Nudono warrior for years, they grew up together, fought and hunted together, and even kept the secret when Romulus was sneaking out to learn about technology from an outsider; a Common Trandoshan not of their tribe. By heart, Romulus broke rules to get what needed to get done, but Vox couldn't help but feel both proud and silly about the situation. Proud their engineer was loyal to the core, but silly that he stole from allies to get the job done. Vox wasn't sure if Alcmène was feeling out his emotions, maybe she'd be disappointed but he cared not. 

"Romulus," Vox finally said breaking an odd silence, walking up to his oldest friend and placing a comforting hand on Romulus's shoulder, his tone wasn't an angry one but rather a father teaching their child a lesson, "I appreciate you doing that, but the way you did was wrong. Remember, this isn't the Crescent Wilds, we're surrounded by potential allies and enemies. We shouldn't steal from our allies anyhow, it's wrong, and places us in both a bad and odd situation. Do you understand?" 

Romulus stood there digesting the words. He fiddled with his digits fir a moment before finally nodding. Vox stepped away and said to him, "Now, let's gather the items and return-" 

"Our armors repaired." 

"What?" Vox asked stupidly at the blunt statement.

"He used the technology to fix the helmets comms and heads-up-display, and in the process also repaired most of our equipment and armor. In that process, he used up everything he could, so whatever's left is junk until there's a use for it." Chaox finally replied with a large shit-eating grin across his scaly face. In the moment, Vox just realized that there wasn't anything to return, and that they may be in deep trouble. He would suggest keeping this quiet, but he wasn't certain of even that was a good idea. 

Vox then looked to Alcmène who'd been sidelined for the conversation. He wouldn't turn in any of his people for the sake of protecting himself, by gods, that was betrayal at it's finest. He'd be contempt with keeping this a secret. But it was an odd situation altogether for the Chieftain, and he asked Alcmène, "Any... Uhh... Thoughts?"

As soon as Alcmène answered the Chieftain he somewhat jerked his head in thought. That was one situation solved. He then realized the four had spoken in their native tongue and too fast for the woman to really keep up, so he came up with the best possible answer and told Chaox, "You're keeping this quiet." 

The younger brother merely laughed at the statement and shook his head. Vox the looked Equinox who raised his hands. No protest there, and he didn't need to stare Romulus down as he wouldn't tattle on himself. With a sigh, Vid then turned back to Alcmène and replied, "I think we have it locked down. Now then, onto the important matter. I do have a few that will come along with us. I cannot bring everyone however as I have an injured warrior who needs to be watched." 

Vox then turned his head back to the three other Trandoshans in the room. They had had seen their fair share of combat, experienced with it however he also considered who would be more willing to go with himself and Alcmène. Romulus and Equinox were the first two that came to mind, then he began to raffle through which warriors would most likely be willing to go. He had a feeling Rylast would want to stay, Varsus was hurt, and perhaps Chaox wanted to make sure the troublesome peon remained put. One was good at enforcing and the other at creating chaos. 

That left Krexis. Vox begun to make his way back to the doorway and said to Alcmène before barking to two of his underlings, "We have three joking us. Romulus, Equinox! You're with us this time." 

After passing the much smaller woman Vox made his way to the main room where Krexis was already preparing gear. Looking at the ammo and equipment crates he then said, "You already know then?"

"Mhm," Krexis replied as he slipped on the heavy plated gauntlet, "I heard you yell at those jesters you call advisors. I assume the thief and the emotionally strict one?" 

Vox nodded as he pulled a repaired helmet from one of the crates. He slipped it on and powered on the internal system, the HUD coming to life before slipping it off and turning the helm off. 'Hell of a job Romulus,' thought the Chieftain as he put the typical load out of weapons onto clips of his armor. A Spiker, a Mauler, and his Puncture Rifle, and of course the Lightsaber that hung from a clip on his waist. The other three Trandoshans soon entered the room, two of which had begun to throw on their gear quickly. 

"We're ready whenever you are." Vox states to Alcmène as he slipped on the helmet once again. 

Vox heard the question as he and the now armored warriors followed. His teeth clenched as well as his fists, both completely invisible to the woman he was behind. He remembered quite well there were still plenty of the Nudono people who chose to stay, the feeling of illness never really leaving the Chieftains stomach that he was leaving his home and a responsibility. Many more left but in the end only seven of the Nudono were left on that frigid world. That didn't matter now, Vox needed to suppress those feelings as eventually he'll end his brothers reign and secure his people once and for all. 

Sighing lightly, Vox finally replied after an awkward minute, "Several... Hundred. Still on Trandosha. Our homeland, the Crescent Wilds, were luscious in it's glorious jungles and plentiful hunt. Dense jungles, plenty of rivers and falls and lakes, isolated from the rest of the worlds politics. We value nature. That is what we see in a world, but I'm willing to settle anywhere so long as there are little to no inhabitants." 

• 1 month later...

Exiting hyperspace, the silver vessel of the Naboo Queen entered just outside Nar Shaddaa's orbit. Inside several of the Nudono Warriors sighed, primarily Romulus and Equinox, whilst Vox remained standing and disconnecting his connection to the Force almost instantly. Krexis on the other hand just sat around for the whole ride, keeping to himself and staying silent as that was typical of the white Trandoshan. The Chieftain Vox felt tired suddenly, knowing it could have been the Force that drained him in such a way it reminded him of the sleepless hunts when he was younger. Regardless of that Vox focused up and stood straight, looking ahead toward the moon.
"We have arrived," Vox then turned to Romulus who was giving the Chieftain an exasperated look, "I hope the trip didn't take too much out of you?"
Romulus shook his head as he too stood up, stretching and was awarded with a few pops and cracks, "I swear to Lina, Vox, I can't trust you with stuff like that..." Then with a sigh he finished, "You haven't changed one bit."
The other Trandoshans were concerned with checking their equipment so when they land they can already separate the damaged from the functional equipment. It was clear they all relaxed, and Vox being tired as he was couldn't necessarily reach out to the Force. He didn't try, feeling that what he had done was enough for now, a well needed rinse, feast and rest were in order, however most likely he would have to meet up with some hierarch along with the Queen. Their mission was complete however there was that tinge of guilt Vox had for leaving behind Alcmène. Hopefully she was alive at least, and slaying the Sith or escaping the planet.